eFax securely sends your documents!

Bewertet am 22.4.2018
Candace E.
Help Desk Analyst
Computer-Hardware, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: eFax by J2 offers end-users the ability to send secured faxes online. End-users can use eFax by J2 to send faxes via a computer desktop, laptop, or mobile device. The benefits of eFax is sending outgoing or receiving incoming faxes via a personally selected fax number. eFax allows users to manage account online. eFax is a great online faxing tool.

Vorteile: eFax allows end-users to send documents online. eFax offers a free trial to send 150 pages per transfer. eFax allows end-users to send 150 incoming as well as outgoing faxes per the free trial. eFax does not require an initial activation fee. eFax allows end-users to select personal faxing number. eFax offers two types of subscriptions such as Plus and Pro with two different types of feature prices.

Nachteile: eFax at one point in time was a free service and now requires payment. eFax interfaces with a third party cloud storage. eFax collects cookies and session cookies ID per user and their computer. eFax company server stores personal information that may identify the user. eFax is required to maintain information per user for a limited time, within the terms of agreement of privacy, that time frame is unidentifiable.

I never thought faxing would be so exciting!

Bewertet am 31.8.2019
Governance, Risk & Compliance Administrator
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We needed to remain nimble to use fax to support government clients and interface with doctors/clinics/etc. We had pretty much overlooked fax completely and tried a host of free services that ultimately would fail and cause embarrassment. The eFax system is intuitive, robust, and decently affordable given its attributes.

Vorteile: It sends big files, it has a Mac desktop app, fax & sign, e-sign, mobile apps. I could go on for a while.
There are tons of fax over email services, many of them are free.
But if you work with rural courts, medical practitioners, government offices, etc., you are using fax.
Add in the HIPAA compliance and this is the easiest money we've ever spent for so many solid features in one simple tool- even Google Drive support which helps because that is the core of our operations infrastructure.

Nachteile: You quickly pass the incoming/outgoing page limits, but the product is worth it.
There are caps to users on a plan, ours was at 5 so it was fine normally but in intern season it became a challenge.

I use eFax directly or with our 800#. Easy to use.Perfect if you have your directly line to pick up

Bewertet am 9.5.2018
Cecelia G.
Senior Housing Counselor/Loan Servicing

Vorteile: A like my personal eFax number. I don't have to wait for someone to look up the faxes for me. I go in my fax and access directly. The system saves your faxes for a long time. You can create folders to save the fax into. Sending faxes is easy and it saves the contacts especially when you have multiple requests from a certain agency. Faxes are clear. I love my eFax.

Nachteile: It is hard when you only have one number to send and receive faxes to especially when someone other than you handles the faxes. I don't like when you get faxes repeatly from other businesses that do not belong to you.

Digital Faxing with HIPAA Compliance

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Social Worker
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: eFax Corporate allows me to achieve more by digitally faxing documents with HIPPA compliance.

Vorteile: At the surface, eFax Corporate provides what you expect, a digital fax that allows you to fax directly to an individuals email, and it does it well. It also allows you to sign documents within the application, offers mobile applications and what got me the most excited, it works with GoogleDrive.

Nachteile: My biggest draw back is their limits on page/file size. Sometimes the charts I have to send are robust and I have to break them down into multiple faxes.

Integrates well and is reliable

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Jon A.
Application Support Team Lead
Medizinische Praxis, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love how easy this is to use and the level of integration it has with our software. We send and receive faxes for it with very few problems. Their customer support team is out of this world. The longest I've waited for a reply was under an hour and that was because our direct rep was on a plane. We commonly have less than 5 minute response times.
They give good price breaks on quantity.. we send and receive about 70,000 pages per month and get a great rate. Much more economical than maintaining standard machines.

Nachteile: There are obscure file\page size limits on faxes sent through their API. They have a new version but it does not work with our software yet.

one of my most used tools

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Kelly M.
Branch Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: provides me with a tremendous amount of value in customer relations and profitability with the time factor in response time. it gives me an edge over my competition

Vorteile: this enables me to receive my faxes no matter where I'm at. it also lets me decide if and who can be added to distribution list. im anle to respond to my merchants regardless of my location.

Nachteile: sometimes it can be a little slower than traditional fax to receive. there have been occasions thst i have had to have items faxed to office fax instead.

A real must have for any business

Bewertet am 12.10.2019
Deborah H.
Marketing Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, there is no other option than eFax. The ease of use and the convenience it provides is priceless.

Vorteile: Our entire team is on the road most of the time and we are being faxed docs continuously throughout our day. We'd be grounded at the office if not for eFax. The number one thing I like is the convenience it provides.

Nachteile: The cost to use eFax can be a bit pricey. But I've tried the other options out there and have determined that eFax is worth the cost.

Reduces Clutter

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Hasib B.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: While faxing is quite antiquated, the healthcare industry has not yet widely adapted a replacement. Until then, this seems to be the next best thing. You have the same compatibility as traditional faxing, but are able to reduce clutter and free floating sheets of paper which could lead to HIPAA violations.

Nachteile: At the end of the day its still fax, which makes it less than ideal but its the standard used by the rest of the industry.

eFax Review

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Robert M.
Mortgage Processor
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easily send or receive a fax. Upload items directly to your computer and easily send them via fax to a fax machine/number. Ease of setup and use/very user friendly.

Nachteile: Nothing fancy or unique here. This is a basic electronic fax software. Interface is a bit 'outdated' looking but that doesn't obviously affect the functionality and ease of use of the software.

Just no

Bewertet am 31.3.2018
Beth D.
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I suppose for big corporations (or law firms, where I once worked and eFax supplied everyone with their own fax line), this is a good product. However, even when I used it at the law firm, I did not always get notification as I should have, or as fast as I should have, of the receipt of a fax. Or confirmation of a fax. It's nice to have the history of the faxes you've received, so you can go back and get something if you need to. Obviously it does integrate well, it's basically pretty easy to use (if you can operate a regular fax machine, you can run eFax), and it's been around a while. But for the individual user or small companies, really, it's much too expensive, especially since there are so many other free or very cheap options out there. The "free trial" is a joke. Don't waste your time if you're going to sign up for it, just so you can send a quick fax, thinking you will cancel before the free trial ends. They're going to get money out of you one way or the other. Keep that number to your credit card's charge dispute line ready. If you only send the rare fax, bounce over to HelloFax instead and send it for free. Or set up the fax option in Microsoft and fax directly from your word processing software.

Nachteile: Expensive, shady "free trial" that bills you no matter what, doesn't offer anything in terms of increased efficiency or performance that I can't get from using a free or already installed on my machine service.

Efax Corporate

Bewertet am 7.10.2019
Jonathan G.
System Administrator
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Efax gets the job done and allow us to keep our order flow consistent the majority of time.

Vorteile: Efax is an easy to use online fax service that allows businesses toll free service with online access.

Nachteile: The only issues we've has so far is the system sometime goes down and we have to call in and wait for them to resolve. But it usually doesn't take that long.

General Use Review

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Taniya M.
Procurement Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good. Would recommend if you dont have a budget but there are cheaper options.

Vorteile: This product is very well known and trusted. Secure in sending faxes with private data within. Easy to send through emails.

Nachteile: The pricing is very expensive. Can get charged for having a fax line, and number of pages of incoming and outgoing faxes.

Segregating fax lines and moving to the cloud

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Richard R.
Information Technology Manager
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of setup, ease of use and the ability to receive a fax anywhere at anytime. Also have mobile apps.

Nachteile: efax is not HIPPA Compliant, however the same company owns sFax, which is not only HIPPA compliant they have a BAA available for its customers. I am currently in the process of moving much over to sFax.

Great Enterprise Fax solution

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Sam L.
Systems Administrator
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great cloud option for faxing as the analog fax lines are going away

Vorteile: Ease of use for end users. Ability to use security technology like SSL and TLS to encrypt the message transmissions.

Nachteile: User setup in portal not as clean as I would like. Search feature not always returning the number you are looking for.

Over-priced for inconsistent service.

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Practice Director
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Needed a virtual fax system that allows our virtual practice administrators to check inbound faxes and allow our clinicians to send outbound faxes without having to buy equipment for our 15 offices. Also allows us to avoid having to allocate and secure space within our office for HIPAA compliance related to faxing.

Vorteile: HIPAA compliant, virtual fax system which allows our multi-office healthcare practice to manage all fax volume (especially inbound faxes) without having to buy multiple machines, train multiple staff, etc. eFax was willing to provide a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), which is necessary for compliance.

Nachteile: We changed after getting consistent complaints from clients and other providers that they're faxes were not going through. We even lost a referral source due to their exhaustion with us not getting their referrals and records. When we found a lower priced option, we beta-tested it on a parallel basis and switched after 30 days. Also, their interface feels a little antiquated and quirky compared to the other provider we switched to.

Faxing online

Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Sharonda L.
Lab Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I'm very satisfied with efax I use it everyday.

Vorteile: The most important thing to me about this software is the contact list. I use efax corporate in my lab to send results to our clients and my contact list is extensive but efax can handle all of the 100+ stored contacts.

Nachteile: The only thing I don't like is having to add a 1+ before each fax number. If you forget the 1+ the faxes will not go through.

Love This Company!

Bewertet am 18.4.2019
Business Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We started using eFax's services roughly a year ago. I can tell you right now, we've never had an issue. It was setup seamlessly and has worked without any issues since. eFax allows us to have remote workers now, which is awesome!

Nachteile: I have absolutely no complaints about eFax. I would recommend them to any business that is looking to do away with their fax machine.

Easy to use

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Trang L.
Implementation project manager

Kommentare: Saved the company from having a POTS line installed and dedicated to just a fax service and you didn't need to buy or maintain a fax machine.

Vorteile: Easy to use and convenient. You receive it like a scan and could save it as a PDF.

Nachteile: The faxing out part didn't seem secure as you sent it out to an efax email, so you didn't know if someone else was reading your fax.

This is more for business use

Bewertet am 1.5.2019
Katrina L.
Event Specialist
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I searched around for alternate methods to fax documents to workers. I can't always use my All-in-One fax machine or go to the library/Office Depot. You get a free 30 day trial, afterwards you pay This is more for a small business, I had to search for a site that sent faxes. You can send and receive your fax by email, the steps are easy. Attach the documents to the email, click send and your confirmation will be sent to you. No fax machine to deal with.

Nachteile: This is not a dislike, but this is not for personal use. This site is suited more for a small business of 10 employees or less. I have to keep searching until I find a more cost effective(or free) way to fax.

Reasonably priced, cloud based secure fax solution. Easy to adopt and fairly straight forward use.

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Partner
Finanzdienstleistungen

Kommentare: Quick deployment of a cloud based, secure/encrypted eFax solution. Didn't break the budget.

Vorteile: Reasonably priced way to adopt a secure, cloud based fax solution. Access inbound and outbound faxes from any device with a browser, securely. Automatic e-archive of fax communications.

Nachteile: The performance for us is just very slow. I don't know if this is due to the encryption implementation or what, but the faxes are slow to load across different browsers and from different PCs. Not a deal killer, but annoying.

I tell my friends to find a better solution.

Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Head of Analytics, Wunderman Asia Pacific
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Works to send a fax electronically . Not magic or unique.

Nachteile: I signed up for their service four months ago using the free one month trial. After trying the service once, found another free tool so searched for online for how to cancel my free trial. There appears to be no way to on the site cancel the trial. So send an email requesting the cancelation of the account no response. Tried again and with no response. At the end of the first month, they charged me for the following month. I then called and there was no option in the call menu to cancel service (you are directed to the site) so I selected technical support. The tech rep said he would cancel. He did not and again charged for another 2 months. Then sent another two emails. No response. Got charged again. Finally went to bank and canceled my credit card. I tell my friends to stay away.

e fabulous

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Heather R.
Quality Assurance RN
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Less time is spent on gather documents and then faxing them or printing out items to be faxed. I can simply save them in a file and then fax them!! So easy

Vorteile: I love that I can fax documented through the computer without having to have a machine to do so, I work from home and get request for document frequently and this has made it so much easier to send. Love it

Nachteile: I have no complaints bout this software! It wonderful

They've been down for 1 week and they cannot provide an ETA!

Bewertet am 11.7.2018
Neil H.
it desktop support
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: There are no pros! Everything is terrible, billing is an issue with them all the time. Their server is very slow

Nachteile: It takes forever to retrieve your inbox. Down for 1 week and no ETA what more can I say? Worst service ever!

eFax review

Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Bridgitte T.
Lead
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: What I like most is the convenience of having a fax on my phone or computer. Faxing from my email makes work so much easier.

Nachteile: I haven't come across anything that I don't like yet. When I do I will be sure to let you know

Scam of a Company

Bewertet am 9.6.2019
Steven H.
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Horrible experience. Outright scam of a company. It's 2019 and the way efax does business is completely unacceptable. Once you give this company your credit card, they make it very hard to take it back. Avoid at all costs.

Vorteile: Nothing. They're overpriced and they don't do anything that isn't done by a competitor for less.

Nachteile: They continue to bill your card after you WRITE them to tell them to cancel. Why? Because they want to try sleazy used car sales tactics to retain your business. They continued to bill me for months after I explicitly told them to cancel and then pointed to BS fine print. In today's world, fine print just proves that you're a scammy outfit.

von J2 Global an 8.7.2019

Steven,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear your experience didn't match the expectations for your eFax? service. We strive to provide not only the best, most reliable product in cloud faxing, but the highest level of customer satisfaction as well. Our records do not indicate that you are a customer of eFax Corporate?, the Enterprise solution for cloud faxing. If you purchased a fax service through eFax?, the consumer fax solution, we recommend reaching out to that business line. We'd love to make things right in the event you need an Enterprise cloud faxing solution through eFax Corporate?.