Filtern nach:

Über Able2Extract Professional

Plattformübergreifender PDF-Konverter, -Ersteller und -Editor mit elektronischen und digitalen Signaturen und KI-basierten PDF-zu-Excel-Konvertierungen.

Erfahre mehr über Able2Extract Professional

Owner in UK
Chemikalien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Editing and management of pdf files

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Ease of contact to support - fast and knowledgeable support

Easy customisation interface Options to convert to major software packages Remembers previous options

Can take some time to create special user option. During creation of user options care needs to be taken to ensure correct selection of tables As with many other software offering pdf conversion it cannot identify superscript and adjust accordingly. Table headings need further checking after conversion to target software

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks for sharing your feedback. If you haven't yet gotten in touch with our support team regarding your conversion issues, we recommend that you do so. Our tech agents can take a look at the superscript issue you're having. As to the table headings, if you use the custom Excel conversion functionality, we suggest enabling and using the Preview Panel. It can show you how the manual table structures you tailored will turn out, eliminating the amount of post-conversion corrections needed. Please give that a try and always feel free to get in touch with us on any questions you may have. Thanks again!

Dharmesh T.
Director in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Review

Kommentare: Its good product and economical too. Signature functionality is not quite good as DocuSign or Adobe but these software are costly too.

It is a very good product for those who are in the field of Bookkeeping and Accounting as it is convert the most bank accounts.

Its good for all pdf format to convert to Excel, Word etc. challenge to convert the image file. We tried a lot but most of the time we need to rework on those converted file.

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks for your feedback, Dharmesh! We're aware that image rendering isn't perfect for some files. However, our developers are working on it, and there should be some improvements soon. You can always reach out to our team at techsupport@investintech.com with the file and we'll see if we can reduce the post-conversion work for you.

Audrey P.
Paralegal in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Opens and converts pdfs fine, text fill is worthless

Kommentare: Overall, I have been able to open pdfs and convert them to Word. That's it. I will continue to search for another software, since Adobe pretty much takes over the computer and all its apps and thus is not an option, before my renewal date.

I like the quick customer service, which was the reason I canceled a previous subscription from a company that took days to respond. The price point was roughly twice of that of the previous subscription, but I made it clear I was spending to get on-the-day assistance. I've gotten that. But the software does not work as it should, see below.

The main reason to purchase pdf software is to be able to edit and fill pdfs. This one *looks* like it will do what Adobe and others do, but it doesn't. When using the Enter Text function, it is not supple or productive. Changing the font is a mystery, the guide for the text entering function takes you to the field you want to enter, but it is not clear where the text will land so it is clunky and difficult to produce a professional result. Reaching out to support just yielded a tech who asked for the document then responded that he/she had no problem with it (I hate that). Investintech wants me to purchase a separate support subscription (not expensive) and I would, if the basic necessary functions worked better.

vor 7 Monaten

Thanks for your feedback, Audrey! If you are still having trouble using the text editing and form filling functionalities in Able2Extract, our support agents will be more than happy to provide you with a detailed step-by-step tutorial on the subject. The process is different for interactive and non-interactive PDF forms. Additional info can be found in our knowledge base and Help file that is available for download. Rest assured, the editing tools work as intended: you can customize the font style and size, pinpoint the exact location of text using the X and Y coordinate lines, move text boxes around for more accurate placement, etc., with potential limitations due to various specific PDF document properties (structural elements, layers, rich media, etc.). Regarding premuim support, it is not required, but offers many benefits like priority handling, free access to future major and minor updates, volume discounts and more.

Translator in Kolumbien
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great product. Easy to use.

Kommentare: Great.

I've been using this for over a decade. It's reliable, it has great features and it's not too expensive.

The interface is a bit old-fashioned and the conversion to Excel comes about a bit wonky.

vor 8 Monaten

For any conversions that don't come out accurately, get in touch with us at techsupport@investintech.com. Our developers can figure out the right settings and options to ensure the results are as accurate as they can possibly get. Also, you should check out the latest version of Able2Extract Professional interface! We recommend downloading a free trial to see how it's improved since then. It now has a modern tabbed interface, support for 3 different languages, a start page to quickly access recent files and customization options, a handy side panel, dark & light themes, and instant access to quick how-to tutorials. If you have an older version, you can easily upgrade at a fraction of the full version cost. Hope you give it a shot!

Adam F.
Operations Manager in USA
Versicherung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

My favorite product!

Kommentare: This is a very cost effective product to change different file types to other file types. Super easy to go from pdf to excel which is what we mainly use it for.

In my role, I need to transfer numbers from pdfs onto spreadsheets. Prior to using this software everything was done manually. Able2Extract has made this process so easy. We have been using this product for almost 10 years now!

I have no cons with this software. It does everything that we want it to quickly and easily. Would recommend to anyone who needs to transfer data from a pdf into an excel spreadsheet.

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks, Adam! Happy to hear that Able2Extract is still serving you well after all these years. That is exactly the type of Excel-PDF user expereince we hope to provide our users. Looking forward to keeping you on as an Able2Extract user for another 10!

Marjorie O.
Hardware Consultant in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great Product!

Kommentare: The software is easy to install and very user friendly, I have not had to contact support for help.

This software is an excellent tool for extracting schedules from plans. I especially like that it will convert it directly to an Excel spreadsheet and maintain the majority of the formatting.

I have run across a few fonts that the OCR does not convert very accurately.

vor 8 Monaten

We're so glad that Able2Extract Professional stood out among the rest! Thanks for sharing that, Marjorie. With regards to the OCR fonts you were having difficulties converting, don't hesitate to reach out to our tech support team with the file. While the OCR conversion results rely heavily on the quality of the scanned PDF, we can always check to see if there are a few OCR settings we can fiddle around with to get more accurate results for you. Email in to techsupport@investintech.com with the PDF and we'd be happy to help. Cheers!

Nancy D.
Office Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A Lifesaver

Kommentare: We use this software to program our tax software.

Easy to use and works so well! It saves us a lot of time.

My version works well for me but it's hard to maintain because it keeps getting upgraded. I like the version I have and want to be able to move it from computer to computer as I replace my computer but after a few years I have to contact customer support to get my version as the download is no longer available. I would like to have a CD or something so I could continually download the version I originally purchased whenever I get a new computer.

vor 8 Monaten

Hey Nancy -You make a great point about moving your version to different computers. We do have the option to purchase a CD for the software. However, please check with customer support first to see if we have your version available. Moreover and even better, is that we can always get you set up with the installation link for your version. If you bookmark it or save it somewhere, you can always access your version instantly. Chat with us online, and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get that to you when you need it. Thanks for bringing that up!

Student in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

A Must Have in Your Tool Box

Kommentare: I've used this software for a long time now - many years. The company upgrades it regularly and the improvements are always valuable in terms of performance and ease of use.

Great software! Does what it promises to do without any drama... even for a non-technical person.

It's simply really good software that works consistently with minimal effort and technical knowledge!

vor 8 Monaten

Those qualities are exactly what we're trying to aim for with Able2Extract Professional - simplicity, ease of use, and powerful conversions + performance. Thanks for dropping by and sharing those comments. Feedback like this lets us know that we're on the right track!

I.T. Department in USA
Papier & forstwirtschaftliche Erzeugnisse, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easily transforms PDF reports into Excel spreadsheets!

Kommentare: Many of our business reports are output to PDF reports that are password-protected by the software that creates them, and they are not able to be edited. Financial auditors like to receive the data in Excel format so they can easily do calculations on the numbers, and Able2Extract lets us provide them with that format FAST!

It's just so very easy to use. In less than a minute, I can open up one of our PDF reports, select all, click the Excel button and have the figures I need to work with in a spreadsheet. Character recognition is accurate, and it converts quickly.

Sometimes header rows and off-center items can confuse the columns breaks a little bit, and you end up with things that are split, or in the wrong column.

Antwort von Investintech.com

We're happy to hear Able2Extract is helping you with your work in Excel--exactly what we're aiming to do! With regards to the header and misplaced columns, you can try using the Split Only Between Words option in the Columns section of the Custom PDF to Excel panel to fix those content-splitting column breaks. We've got a blog post with step by step tutorial that will help: https://www.investintech.com/resources/blog/archives/7993-pdf-to-excel-fix-misplaced-column-content.html Please give it a try and let us know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Jean L.
Head of Operations in Südafrika
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great product!

Kommentare: I've used a lot of PDF conversion / editing tools over the years and Able2Extract is by far the best one. It's very easy to use and understand and their customer service is great.

Ease of use and customer service is outstanding!

It's difficult to register the product again once you get a new laptop, but customer service is always on hand to help.

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks for the kind words, Jean! If you ever need more assistance as you update your computer, we're always happy to help. From the sounds of it, the registration solution might just be a matter of getting the right installation link for the licensed version you purchased, which we'll always have on hand when you need it. Feel free to get in touch!

Carl K.
consultant in USA
Politische Organisation, Selbstständig

I love this software, but it could easily be improved greatly

Kommentare: It saves one from having to hand enter data.

Ease of use. I can train a worker to use it in well in under two hours. It is also more accurate than any other stand alone OCR software I've experimented with. I've downloaded and used free trials of at least four other OCR software programs, and they don't do as good of a job at converting the fairly hard to convert (very old) images of tables I'm converting to data files.

Version 12 had just one new feature for converting, and Version 11 the year before had no new features. I was really looking forward to 12, because I was hoping they would add some of the suggestions I've made, but was disappointed. In 12, one has more of an ability to apply the same table structure to non-consecutive pages, but it has a bug and does not work well. My worker actually went back to using 11, she says 12 is bad. Some of the features I keep asking them for: 1) be able to specify that a column is nothing but numbers when manually setting table structures. This seems simple to program. 2) produce uncertainty estimates in cells next to the data table that is produced. This could speed up cleaning the resulting data file a lot. The program knows when it's uncertain, just have it report this. 3) Allow more keyboard shortcuts when setting up tables manually. It is common when setting up table structures to switch between "add column" (i.e., "add a column divider") and "delete column." It's often easier to just go through the entire file one time to add column breaks, and then go back a second time deleting unwanted column dividers. This is inefficient. 4) One should have the ability to specify in advance the number of columns tables will have before having Able2Extract set table structures. This is the first step of manually setting table structures as well as done in automatically converting. It's often faster to just delete all the tables, apply one tab

Antwort von Investintech.com

Carl, we¿re sorry to hear you aren¿t satisfied with this version. You make a valid point. We only had one new PDF to Excel feature (Named Table Structures) in version 12. We used this version update to focus primarily on improving PDF editing capabilities and there are only so many updates we can realistically implement within each version. However, thank you for your continued input and feedback on Able2Extract¿s PDF to Excel conversion :) We do value your suggestions and have already sent them to our developers. Lastly, if you can connect with our tech support team on what exact bugs you¿re experiencing with the table structures, we can work to help resolve that issue for you.

Hashan chandrasekara K.
Asset Manager in Katar
Konsumgüter, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Able2Extract Professional 14

Kommentare: This software helps me lot to extract PDF files text into different formats hence saves my time everyday. Moreover value for money is quite high because it is not an expensive tool. I never had to go through any serious training to use this software due to its ease of use.

1. Having shortcut keys to work efficiently 2. Always shows step by step to procedure to extract the required data 3. Retrieved data are often accurate from the sources 4. Enable users to convert the retrieved data to many file types

1. Cannot recognize handwritten words 2. Getting stuck and coming fatal error reports 3. Data not capturing when there are images frequently 4. Imaged text cannot be separated and grant the output

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for your feedback, Hashan. Glad you're finding Able2Extract handy and intuitive to use! To address a few of the issues you bring up, handwritten words are difficult for OCR engines to pick up overall, so unfortunately the output there and what can be done is rather limited. However, if you're getting error reports and failed output in any other instances, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. You can send in the file(s) along with any error reports or details to our tech support, and we can take a closer look for you. Cheers!

Doctoral Faculty Advisor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Drop Dead Conversions from PDF to Excel and Back

Kommentare: With this upgrade and an understanding of its capabilities—especially its very strong OCR engine—I had hoped to set it up as an easy way to process PDFs. If there were an easy way to have the software watch a folder, automatically run OCR and save the results, this program would be worth its weight in gold. But alas, even when coupled with an app like Hazel or Keyboard Maestro, the software doesn't play well with others. It's great software within its narrow use case, but there is so much more possibility there.

Able2Extract Professional is very capable software. If you're looking for a way to automate moving static PDF charts and tables into Excel sheets with minimal errors or fuss, skip Adobe and get this.

Able2Extract could be much more than the sum of its parts if the developer focused on use cases beyond just conversions to MS Office applications.

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thank you for your comments and support! Your feedback about the PDF to Excel and OCR capabilities is great to hear. To address your first comment, we'd like to point out that Able2Extract does convert to other formats beyond MS Office: HTML, AutoCAD, image formats (jpg, bmp, tif, gif, png), OpenOffice, Text, CSV, etc. Hopefully, those options provide enough variety for any need you may have. With regards to the watch folder capability you mention, we do have server products that provide that functionality for automated conversion. Thus, if you're interested in how that works, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team with any questions.

Peter P.
President in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Indespensible Utility

Kommentare: Version 12 is just another great release of a very strong utility. This has been my go-to utility for extracting data from PDFs to load into SQL databases and Excel sheets. I've been a user since 2006 and I can not imagine going back to OCR and manual correction.

This software is very able to use and for the vast majority of the time, the simple automatic settings work flawlessly. For those other times, the simple interface lets you tweak the settings.

Version 12 changed the extract to Excel algorithm which added a empty column to one of my financial reports. It didn't change the report other than to have an empty column that must be deleted before I can copy and paste into my financial model. This is not a big deal, just the only con I can think of.

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for the kind and helpful feedback, Peter! With each new version we try to improve automatic conversion results by expanding the range of different kinds of PDF document tables that would give good results. Our algorithm is constructed to work with as many files as possible, and unfortunately, in some cases, this can have a negative effect on some other specific files. If you¿d like to send us the file you have issues with, we can include that in our testing in an effort to correct the problem. Cheers!

Eben M.
Financial Manager in Südafrika
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

The software does what you want it to do

It's fast and saves me a lot of time when converting data to Excel. It has not problems with PDF forms when converting

Sometimes the coloumn layout gets warped a bit. The fonts don't always come through as per original document

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for your input, Eben! With regards to the font conversions, this is most often the case where the font in the PDF file is embedded. Embedded fonts cannot be perfectly extracted since most embedded font formats used in PDF aren't recognized by Excel and also because using such fonts could be considered a copyright issue due to their proprietary nature. As such, Excel (including Word) will try to find the best possible match from the fonts available on your computer, or if it can't, it will default to Times New Roman. So this may be what's going on. The best solution is to allow the conversion to occur and then to select the document text and change the font manually (from the list of fonts in Excel). For the column layout, if you haven¿t, try the Custom PDF to Excel option to correct the layout before you convert. If the issue occured during a custom Excel conversion, feel free to send in the file to techsupport@investintech.com. We might be able to find a solution.

Don W.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Able2Extract is an excellent product for converting PDF to Excel, Word, etc. and for editing PDF's.

Kommentare: Time savings!

Very easy to use. Generally 99% to 100% accurate with conversions to Microsoft Office products. Version 12 is the most accurate regarding conversion - that said prior versions were very good as well. Editing PDF's is easy as well. Can't wait for the next version!

Occasionally when converting a PDF document and doing a specific selection of the document the conversion does the whole page or additional areas I did not select. I've notice with Version 12 this happens much less.

Antwort von Investintech.com

The selection issue may happen if the page contains images behind the text. Clicking on such an image results in Able2Extract selecting this image and all the text that lays above it. The one solution we have for this is to enter "Editing" mode in Able2Extract (with your PDF open), then delete the underlying image, switch back into "Conversion" mode and try your selection again. However, to be certain, if you can, would you mind sending us a sample PDF where this happens? This way we can investigate and see what's going on there. Thanks!

Greg S.
Technical Services Manager in Botsuana
Computer-Hardware, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Able2Extract Professional 12 Review

Kommentare: We respond to a lot of Tenders that include lots of forms and tables. Able2 Extract enables us to extract these into word or excel, saving a lot of time

It is easy to use and saves a lot of time

Sometimes it struggles with scanned documents

Antwort von Investintech.com

Hi Greg -- Thanks for sharing your user experience with us. To address your issues with scanned documents, you may want to try forcing the conversion by turning the OCR engine on. Go to the Edit menu > OCR Options> click on the "Perform Image-Based Conversion (OCR)" option. Or if what you have is a scanned PDF with a mixture of both digitally generated and scanned/image elements, you can try turning the OCR off by selecting the "No Image-Based Conversion (OCR)" option. In both cases, this can help improve and return better conversion results. You can find more details on this from our Help topic: https://www.investintech.com/support/helpfiles/desktop/a2epro/html/Edit-OCROptions.htm I hope that helps. If the issue with scanned conversions still continue, though, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at techsupport@investintech.com with your file and we can take a closer look for you.

Senior Tax Manager in USA
Metallabbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Swiss army knife software

I like the ability create, edit, modify, or convert many different file types. Especially helpful is the ability to convert scanned PDF files to Excel spreadsheets.

I sometimes cannot get the print to PDF function to work. When I go to print a document, it shows up in my list of printers as Able2Extract Professional Printer, however when I select it and print, nothing happens.

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Able2Extract. We're sorry to hear you're having difficulties with the Printer driver. With the Able2Extract Professional Printer, please try and uninstall Able2Extract from your computer. When that's done, check the Devices and Printers section on your computer to see if the Able2Extract Printer is removed. If not, right click on the printer and select the "Remove device" option. Then delete the Able2Extract folder and all of its contents from your computer's Program Files folder. Finally, reboot the system and re-install the software.

Manager in USA

I have used this product for years, no need to look for another

Kommentare: The time savings on using this to convert files is more then I can calculate.

This program is awesome. Apart from being able to convert a pdf into an excell sheet, or so many other file format conversions, I recently discovered, you can tak a pdf that does not offer searchable text, or is basically an image that has text in it, and convert it to a complete text file. Making it able to copy and paste, search and much more functionality

I dont really have anything bad to say about this program. The only thing they do a lot of updates and that requires an upgrade, granted at a discounted rate, but honestly the last version works so well, I dont always upgrade as there is no need.

Antwort von Investintech.com

Enabling you to do more with PDF files is one of our main goals :) Thanks for offering up your personal experience with Able2Extract Professional and the Convert to Searchable PDF function.

James M.
CIO in USA
Textilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

James Murray

Kommentare: Converting numerous documents to Excel.

Almost everything, ease of use, being able to manageage output.

Punctuation, characters, font size, column width could all use improvements but 12 is the best yet.

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for sharing your comments, James. If you have any specific suggestions on how we can improve the conversion of those textual and formatting elements, please do send them to us via our Request A Feature form: https://www.investintech.com/products/desktop/request/ We always welcome feedback from our users!

David W.
CAD/IT Manager in Kanada
Tiefbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Pays for itself the first time you use it.

We mostly use this for converting PDF's to DWG format. The software is intuitive to use and conversion is fast

PDF to CAD could be more accurate with linework. Does not capture the OCR layer in PDF. Does not do well creating text with CAD PDF files.

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for sharing your comments, David! As to your issue, from what you describe, it seems like you¿re dealing with a scanned PDF document. When working with native (electronic) PDFs, Able2Extract is designed to convert text as text and lines as lines (as they are in the source PDF file). However, scanned or image-based PDFs are simply images that have no information embedded in them. So, this is why our application converts "text" from such files into set of lines, instead of a proper text (and this is the issue you¿ve been experiencing, if we understood you correctly). If you can send in a sample file to us at techsupport@investintech.com, we can take a closer look.

Ganga C.
Director Finance, Legal and Property in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Time saver

Kommentare: Quick conversion of PDF to Excel.

I like the software for its ease of use. The interface is simple and straightforward. As a person who gets a lot of PDF reports that need to be analysed, Able2Extract allowed me the get the data into Excel sheets.

Some PDF files do not convert to Excel cleanly. Information from two columns are entered in one cell. I then have to correct the data manually. It is not often enough to make me look for something else but can be irksome when I am in a hurry.

Antwort von Investintech.com

With the Custom PDF to Excel feature you can avoid having to correct the data manually. From what you describe in your particular case, you would first set up your table structure (rows and columns) as usual using the Custom PDF to Excel mode. Then select the "Split only between words" option from the drop down list in the Columns section from the right hand panel. You can find a walkthrough here: https://www.investintech.com/resources/blog/archives/7993-pdf-to-excel-fix-misplaced-column-content.html In addition, you can save and load Custom Excel templates (via File menu) to instantly set up the same table structure for conversion if you deal with similarly formatted reports often. We hope that helps! Feel free to get in touch with any questions.

finanical neutral in divorce matters in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Ability to access PDF content to create Excel workbooks and Word documents

Kommentare: We create Excel workbooks for gain/loss input in tax software and Word documents for deeds and estate planning work

Ease of use in creating new documents from PDFs

Sometimes the software guesses wrong about words so that review is required and sometimes formatting is off. Having a very clean PDF helps

Antwort von Investintech.com

Agreed, having a clean PDF does help. The quality of any PDF conversion relies on what you have in the original document, especially when you¿re dealing with scanned PDFs. However, we¿re always making improvements to the conversion algorithm. So, if you¿re consistently having issues with certain types of content in a PDF (lettering, format, font, etc.), please send in a sample to techsupport@investintech.com. Our developers would be interested in taking a look. Thanks for sharing your experience with Able2Extract.

Dan K.
Director of Sales in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Worthy

Kommentare: Making pdf's editable

Ease of use. Ongoing improvements. Customer Service.

Conversions from pdf to Windows and PPT is excellent. Conversion from pdf to Excel is lacking

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks for dropping in with that feedback, Dan. If you're having issues with a specific PDF to Excel conversion, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. Send in an email with the file and a description of your conversion issue to techsupport@investintech.com, if you can. We can get our developers to take a look at it, and see how we can help you get the most out of the PDF to Excel feature. Cheers!

Tony Z.
Tony Z.
Chief Executive Officer in USA

The best pdf program out there

easy to convert pdf's to any format and editing and can allow to modify any pdf and create a word document.

program is hard to read on high resolution displays. So it is ok on a 1920x1080 display , but on a 4k display you need good eyes

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for sharing, Tony. Regarding the display resolution you mentioned, for ideal vieiwng, Able2Extract is best when on 1366 (Width) x 768 (Height) screens across all platforms. You will need a higher resolution screen on Windows and Linux machines if your OS scaling is more than 100%. On Mac systems, you can also view the software on 1280 (Width) x 800 (Height) non-Retina screen resolution or 2560 (Width) x 1600 (Height) Retina screen resolution. Hopefully the above specs help!