Über Able2Extract Professional

Plattformübergreifender PDF-Konverter, -Ersteller und -Editor mit elektronischen und digitalen Signaturen und KI-basierten PDF-zu-Excel-Konvertierungen.

Erfahre mehr über Able2Extract Professional

This is so easy to use and so fast - taking a pdf or article, and moving it to Excel or Word. I don't do a lot of serious work that I need this software, but when I need to use it, it saves me time.

The program knows when it's uncertain, just have it report this.

Bewertungen zu Able2Extract Professional

Able2Extract Professional hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 85 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Able2Extract Professional bereits verwendet?

Tony Z.
Tony Z.
Chief Executive Officer in USA

The best pdf program out there

easy to convert pdf's to any format and editing and can allow to modify any pdf and create a word document.

program is hard to read on high resolution displays. So it is ok on a 1920x1080 display , but on a 4k display you need good eyes

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for sharing, Tony. Regarding the display resolution you mentioned, for ideal vieiwng, Able2Extract is best when on 1366 (Width) x 768 (Height) screens across all platforms. You will need a higher resolution screen on Windows and Linux machines if your OS scaling is more than 100%. On Mac systems, you can also view the software on 1280 (Width) x 800 (Height) non-Retina screen resolution or 2560 (Width) x 1600 (Height) Retina screen resolution. Hopefully the above specs help!

Ray D.
Director in Australien
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Effective Document Conversion and Control

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I have been able to use the program without worrying about accuracy (Especially Excel exports)

The program is simple to use and it has a high accuracy functionality. This saves time as the documents are a great replication of the original but the opportunity to edit and even repurpose the original documents is there. When needing such functionality the program has proved to be robust and simple to work with. Able2 Extract does not interfere with you as a user but their team is available and responsive to my needs and or questions. The program development is not static and it is regularly updated whilst maintaining the "look". This diminishes the down time to learn the program at every stage of development. It is compatible with Microsoft.

Perhaps some trainings on the less known parts of the program?

Audrey P.
Paralegal in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Opens and converts pdfs fine, text fill is worthless

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, I have been able to open pdfs and convert them to Word. That's it. I will continue to search for another software, since Adobe pretty much takes over the computer and all its apps and thus is not an option, before my renewal date.

I like the quick customer service, which was the reason I canceled a previous subscription from a company that took days to respond. The price point was roughly twice of that of the previous subscription, but I made it clear I was spending to get on-the-day assistance. I've gotten that. But the software does not work as it should, see below.

The main reason to purchase pdf software is to be able to edit and fill pdfs. This one *looks* like it will do what Adobe and others do, but it doesn't. When using the Enter Text function, it is not supple or productive. Changing the font is a mystery, the guide for the text entering function takes you to the field you want to enter, but it is not clear where the text will land so it is clunky and difficult to produce a professional result. Reaching out to support just yielded a tech who asked for the document then responded that he/she had no problem with it (I hate that). Investintech wants me to purchase a separate support subscription (not expensive) and I would, if the basic necessary functions worked better.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your feedback, Audrey! If you are still having trouble using the text editing and form filling functionalities in Able2Extract, our support agents will be more than happy to provide you with a detailed step-by-step tutorial on the subject. The process is different for interactive and non-interactive PDF forms. Additional info can be found in our knowledge base and Help file that is available for download. Rest assured, the editing tools work as intended: you can customize the font style and size, pinpoint the exact location of text using the X and Y coordinate lines, move text boxes around for more accurate placement, etc., with potential limitations due to various specific PDF document properties (structural elements, layers, rich media, etc.). Regarding premuim support, it is not required, but offers many benefits like priority handling, free access to future major and minor updates, volume discounts and more.

CEO in Slowakei
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Review

Speed and comprehensive approach to any PDF documents.

Why does it always ask to save an office documents before it's openned in MS Office.

Clement T.
ceo in Vietnam
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

overall

4 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I am happy with it until today. Hope I have no chance to replace it!

no comment. The tool is alright. Get it can work faster

nothing. Improve and cost less. improve the OCR the size of the words on the tabs can be bigger. Any zoom tools, or size settings?

Stuart H.
HR Consultant in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A2E 17 Review

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: well integrated, ease of use.

speed in which it coverts files to Word. Upgrade was easy to apply to my PC.

hard to see at times. Fopnt is too light and small, Needs larger font and shadings.

Anne D.
Business Support Manager in UK

Digital probate

Kommentare: Great.

My father passed away in July 2020. The solicitors holding the will wanted everything digital. We had 7 years of bank statements that were paper copy only. I was able to scan and transfer all bank statements from 10 bank accounts to excel spreadsheets. It took me 3 months to complete the probate but would have taken a solicitor a lot more time and they would have charged $300 per hour! I saved the family thousands in solicitors fees.

I still needed to make some adjustments within the spreadsheet.

Tammy H.
VP in USA
Groߟhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

So happy I found Able2Extract!

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It would take me 3-times as long to do a task if I didn't have this program.

The only feature I have used so far is turning a PDF into an excel file. I use it weekly and it saves so much time in my day to day operation.

I haven't found anything I don't like about it yet but give me another 6-months and I may have more input.

Rachel L.
IT/HR Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use product does the job

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We've had a positive experience using the program, it's much more robust and cleaner than when we first began using it over 12 years ago.

This is easy to install, use, and it gets the job done. We use it to convert PDFs to useable word and excel documents we receive from clients.

The formatting can be wonky after the conversion is done, and it takes some fiddling with the settings to get it right.

Anderson H.
President in USA

My Evaluation

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Excellent experiences with this software developer

Convesrion is excellent from various types of documents

It seemed to have disappeared when I did a system check

Carl K.
consultant in USA
Politische Organisation, Selbstständig

I love this software, but it could easily be improved greatly

Kommentare: It saves one from having to hand enter data.

Ease of use. I can train a worker to use it in well in under two hours. It is also more accurate than any other stand alone OCR software I've experimented with. I've downloaded and used free trials of at least four other OCR software programs, and they don't do as good of a job at converting the fairly hard to convert (very old) images of tables I'm converting to data files.

Version 12 had just one new feature for converting, and Version 11 the year before had no new features. I was really looking forward to 12, because I was hoping they would add some of the suggestions I've made, but was disappointed. In 12, one has more of an ability to apply the same table structure to non-consecutive pages, but it has a bug and does not work well. My worker actually went back to using 11, she says 12 is bad. Some of the features I keep asking them for: 1) be able to specify that a column is nothing but numbers when manually setting table structures. This seems simple to program. 2) produce uncertainty estimates in cells next to the data table that is produced. This could speed up cleaning the resulting data file a lot. The program knows when it's uncertain, just have it report this. 3) Allow more keyboard shortcuts when setting up tables manually. It is common when setting up table structures to switch between "add column" (i.e., "add a column divider") and "delete column." It's often easier to just go through the entire file one time to add column breaks, and then go back a second time deleting unwanted column dividers. This is inefficient. 4) One should have the ability to specify in advance the number of columns tables will have before having Able2Extract set table structures. This is the first step of manually setting table structures as well as done in automatically converting. It's often faster to just delete all the tables, apply one tab

Antwort von Investintech.com

Carl, we¿re sorry to hear you aren¿t satisfied with this version. You make a valid point. We only had one new PDF to Excel feature (Named Table Structures) in version 12. We used this version update to focus primarily on improving PDF editing capabilities and there are only so many updates we can realistically implement within each version. However, thank you for your continued input and feedback on Able2Extract¿s PDF to Excel conversion :) We do value your suggestions and have already sent them to our developers. Lastly, if you can connect with our tech support team on what exact bugs you¿re experiencing with the table structures, we can work to help resolve that issue for you.

Hashan chandrasekara K.
Asset Manager in Katar
Konsumgüter, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Able2Extract Professional 14

Kommentare: This software helps me lot to extract PDF files text into different formats hence saves my time everyday. Moreover value for money is quite high because it is not an expensive tool. I never had to go through any serious training to use this software due to its ease of use.

1. Having shortcut keys to work efficiently 2. Always shows step by step to procedure to extract the required data 3. Retrieved data are often accurate from the sources 4. Enable users to convert the retrieved data to many file types

1. Cannot recognize handwritten words 2. Getting stuck and coming fatal error reports 3. Data not capturing when there are images frequently 4. Imaged text cannot be separated and grant the output

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for your feedback, Hashan. Glad you're finding Able2Extract handy and intuitive to use! To address a few of the issues you bring up, handwritten words are difficult for OCR engines to pick up overall, so unfortunately the output there and what can be done is rather limited. However, if you're getting error reports and failed output in any other instances, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. You can send in the file(s) along with any error reports or details to our tech support, and we can take a closer look for you. Cheers!

Dharmesh T.
Director in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Review

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Its good product and economical too. Signature functionality is not quite good as DocuSign or Adobe but these software are costly too.

It is a very good product for those who are in the field of Bookkeeping and Accounting as it is convert the most bank accounts.

Its good for all pdf format to convert to Excel, Word etc. challenge to convert the image file. We tried a lot but most of the time we need to rework on those converted file.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Nitro

Warum Able2Extract Professional gewählt wurde: Cost effective

Zuvor genutzte Software: Adobe Acrobat Reader

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Able2Extract Professional: Cost and functionality

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your feedback, Dharmesh! We're aware that image rendering isn't perfect for some files. However, our developers are working on it, and there should be some improvements soon. You can always reach out to our team at techsupport@investintech.com with the file and we'll see if we can reduce the post-conversion work for you.

Doctoral Faculty Advisor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Drop Dead Conversions from PDF to Excel and Back

Kommentare: With this upgrade and an understanding of its capabilities—especially its very strong OCR engine—I had hoped to set it up as an easy way to process PDFs. If there were an easy way to have the software watch a folder, automatically run OCR and save the results, this program would be worth its weight in gold. But alas, even when coupled with an app like Hazel or Keyboard Maestro, the software doesn't play well with others. It's great software within its narrow use case, but there is so much more possibility there.

Able2Extract Professional is very capable software. If you're looking for a way to automate moving static PDF charts and tables into Excel sheets with minimal errors or fuss, skip Adobe and get this.

Able2Extract could be much more than the sum of its parts if the developer focused on use cases beyond just conversions to MS Office applications.

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thank you for your comments and support! Your feedback about the PDF to Excel and OCR capabilities is great to hear. To address your first comment, we'd like to point out that Able2Extract does convert to other formats beyond MS Office: HTML, AutoCAD, image formats (jpg, bmp, tif, gif, png), OpenOffice, Text, CSV, etc. Hopefully, those options provide enough variety for any need you may have. With regards to the watch folder capability you mention, we do have server products that provide that functionality for automated conversion. Thus, if you're interested in how that works, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team with any questions.

Translator in Kolumbien
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great product. Easy to use.

Kommentare: Great.

I've been using this for over a decade. It's reliable, it has great features and it's not too expensive.

The interface is a bit old-fashioned and the conversion to Excel comes about a bit wonky.

letztes Jahr

For any conversions that don't come out accurately, get in touch with us at techsupport@investintech.com. Our developers can figure out the right settings and options to ensure the results are as accurate as they can possibly get. Also, you should check out the latest version of Able2Extract Professional interface! We recommend downloading a free trial to see how it's improved since then. It now has a modern tabbed interface, support for 3 different languages, a start page to quickly access recent files and customization options, a handy side panel, dark & light themes, and instant access to quick how-to tutorials. If you have an older version, you can easily upgrade at a fraction of the full version cost. Hope you give it a shot!

Owner in UK
Chemikalien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Editing and management of pdf files

Kommentare: Ease of contact to support - fast and knowledgeable support

Easy customisation interface Options to convert to major software packages Remembers previous options

Can take some time to create special user option. During creation of user options care needs to be taken to ensure correct selection of tables As with many other software offering pdf conversion it cannot identify superscript and adjust accordingly. Table headings need further checking after conversion to target software

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: DocFly

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Able2Extract Professional: Sophistication of management of conversion of pdf files to other packages

letztes Jahr

Thanks for sharing your feedback. If you haven't yet gotten in touch with our support team regarding your conversion issues, we recommend that you do so. Our tech agents can take a look at the superscript issue you're having. As to the table headings, if you use the custom Excel conversion functionality, we suggest enabling and using the Preview Panel. It can show you how the manual table structures you tailored will turn out, eliminating the amount of post-conversion corrections needed. Please give that a try and always feel free to get in touch with us on any questions you may have. Thanks again!

Adam F.
Operations Manager in USA
Versicherung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

My favorite product!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: This is a very cost effective product to change different file types to other file types. Super easy to go from pdf to excel which is what we mainly use it for.

In my role, I need to transfer numbers from pdfs onto spreadsheets. Prior to using this software everything was done manually. Able2Extract has made this process so easy. We have been using this product for almost 10 years now!

I have no cons with this software. It does everything that we want it to quickly and easily. Would recommend to anyone who needs to transfer data from a pdf into an excel spreadsheet.

letztes Jahr

Thanks, Adam! Happy to hear that Able2Extract is still serving you well after all these years. That is exactly the type of Excel-PDF user expereince we hope to provide our users. Looking forward to keeping you on as an Able2Extract user for another 10!

Peter P.
President in USA

Indespensible Utility

Kommentare: Version 12 is just another great release of a very strong utility. This has been my go-to utility for extracting data from PDFs to load into SQL databases and Excel sheets. I've been a user since 2006 and I can not imagine going back to OCR and manual correction.

This software is very able to use and for the vast majority of the time, the simple automatic settings work flawlessly. For those other times, the simple interface lets you tweak the settings.

Version 12 changed the extract to Excel algorithm which added a empty column to one of my financial reports. It didn't change the report other than to have an empty column that must be deleted before I can copy and paste into my financial model. This is not a big deal, just the only con I can think of.

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for the kind and helpful feedback, Peter! With each new version we try to improve automatic conversion results by expanding the range of different kinds of PDF document tables that would give good results. Our algorithm is constructed to work with as many files as possible, and unfortunately, in some cases, this can have a negative effect on some other specific files. If you¿d like to send us the file you have issues with, we can include that in our testing in an effort to correct the problem. Cheers!

Marjorie O.
Hardware Consultant in USA

Great Product!

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The software is easy to install and very user friendly, I have not had to contact support for help.

This software is an excellent tool for extracting schedules from plans. I especially like that it will convert it directly to an Excel spreadsheet and maintain the majority of the formatting.

I have run across a few fonts that the OCR does not convert very accurately.

letztes Jahr

We're so glad that Able2Extract Professional stood out among the rest! Thanks for sharing that, Marjorie. With regards to the OCR fonts you were having difficulties converting, don't hesitate to reach out to our tech support team with the file. While the OCR conversion results rely heavily on the quality of the scanned PDF, we can always check to see if there are a few OCR settings we can fiddle around with to get more accurate results for you. Email in to techsupport@investintech.com with the PDF and we'd be happy to help. Cheers!

Eben M.
Financial Manager in Südafrika
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

The software does what you want it to do

It's fast and saves me a lot of time when converting data to Excel. It has not problems with PDF forms when converting

Sometimes the coloumn layout gets warped a bit. The fonts don't always come through as per original document

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for your input, Eben! With regards to the font conversions, this is most often the case where the font in the PDF file is embedded. Embedded fonts cannot be perfectly extracted since most embedded font formats used in PDF aren't recognized by Excel and also because using such fonts could be considered a copyright issue due to their proprietary nature. As such, Excel (including Word) will try to find the best possible match from the fonts available on your computer, or if it can't, it will default to Times New Roman. So this may be what's going on. The best solution is to allow the conversion to occur and then to select the document text and change the font manually (from the list of fonts in Excel). For the column layout, if you haven¿t, try the Custom PDF to Excel option to correct the layout before you convert. If the issue occured during a custom Excel conversion, feel free to send in the file to techsupport@investintech.com. We might be able to find a solution.

Nancy D.
Office Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A Lifesaver

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We use this software to program our tax software.

Easy to use and works so well! It saves us a lot of time.

My version works well for me but it's hard to maintain because it keeps getting upgraded. I like the version I have and want to be able to move it from computer to computer as I replace my computer but after a few years I have to contact customer support to get my version as the download is no longer available. I would like to have a CD or something so I could continually download the version I originally purchased whenever I get a new computer.

letztes Jahr

Hey Nancy -You make a great point about moving your version to different computers. We do have the option to purchase a CD for the software. However, please check with customer support first to see if we have your version available. Moreover and even better, is that we can always get you set up with the installation link for your version. If you bookmark it or save it somewhere, you can always access your version instantly. Chat with us online, and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get that to you when you need it. Thanks for bringing that up!

Denise M.
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Happy with Reservations

Kommentare: Having used this software for many years, it has always stood me in good stead. I'm hoping that my current conversion challenges will soon be a thing of the past.

I've used this software for a long time now - many years. As translators clients often provided material either from another platform or format. In order to ensure timely delivery, the copy has to be converted into a basic format conducive to seamless translation of copy.

Recently it has become necessary to couple Able2Extract with additional software to covert financial statements in PDF into a spreadsheet format without generating coded copy. Unfortunately, I have been able to successfully download the recommended software without an error message. Hence progress comes to a grinding halt.

Don W.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Able2Extract is an excellent product for converting PDF to Excel, Word, etc. and for editing PDF's.

Kommentare: Time savings!

Very easy to use. Generally 99% to 100% accurate with conversions to Microsoft Office products. Version 12 is the most accurate regarding conversion - that said prior versions were very good as well. Editing PDF's is easy as well. Can't wait for the next version!

Occasionally when converting a PDF document and doing a specific selection of the document the conversion does the whole page or additional areas I did not select. I've notice with Version 12 this happens much less.

Antwort von Investintech.com

The selection issue may happen if the page contains images behind the text. Clicking on such an image results in Able2Extract selecting this image and all the text that lays above it. The one solution we have for this is to enter "Editing" mode in Able2Extract (with your PDF open), then delete the underlying image, switch back into "Conversion" mode and try your selection again. However, to be certain, if you can, would you mind sending us a sample PDF where this happens? This way we can investigate and see what's going on there. Thanks!

Greg S.
Technical Services Manager in Botsuana
Computer-Hardware, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Able2Extract Professional 12 Review

Kommentare: We respond to a lot of Tenders that include lots of forms and tables. Able2 Extract enables us to extract these into word or excel, saving a lot of time

It is easy to use and saves a lot of time

Sometimes it struggles with scanned documents

Antwort von Investintech.com

Hi Greg -- Thanks for sharing your user experience with us. To address your issues with scanned documents, you may want to try forcing the conversion by turning the OCR engine on. Go to the Edit menu > OCR Options> click on the "Perform Image-Based Conversion (OCR)" option. Or if what you have is a scanned PDF with a mixture of both digitally generated and scanned/image elements, you can try turning the OCR off by selecting the "No Image-Based Conversion (OCR)" option. In both cases, this can help improve and return better conversion results. You can find more details on this from our Help topic: https://www.investintech.com/support/helpfiles/desktop/a2epro/html/Edit-OCROptions.htm I hope that helps. If the issue with scanned conversions still continue, though, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at techsupport@investintech.com with your file and we can take a closer look for you.

Senior Tax Manager in USA
Metallabbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Swiss army knife software

I like the ability create, edit, modify, or convert many different file types. Especially helpful is the ability to convert scanned PDF files to Excel spreadsheets.

I sometimes cannot get the print to PDF function to work. When I go to print a document, it shows up in my list of printers as Able2Extract Professional Printer, however when I select it and print, nothing happens.

Antwort von Investintech.com

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Able2Extract. We're sorry to hear you're having difficulties with the Printer driver. With the Able2Extract Professional Printer, please try and uninstall Able2Extract from your computer. When that's done, check the Devices and Printers section on your computer to see if the Able2Extract Printer is removed. If not, right click on the printer and select the "Remove device" option. Then delete the Able2Extract folder and all of its contents from your computer's Program Files folder. Finally, reboot the system and re-install the software.