Über AutoCAD

2D- und 3D-CAD-Software, die innovative Tools für Design und Dokumentation bietet. AutoCAD ist auch als mobile Apps verfügbar.

Erfahre mehr über AutoCAD

Integration with other softwares on autocad is difficult, it can be hard to set up dimensions when you are just beginning.

Bewertungen zu AutoCAD

AutoCAD hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 3.012 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du AutoCAD bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (3.012)

Albert
Bauingenieur in Deutschland
Bau, Selbstständig

keine Aktivierung mehr möglich

Kommentare: Negativ, Negativ, Habe AutoCad Civil 3D 2010 und es gibt keinen Aktivierungsschlüssel mehr. Ich habe die Software beim "besten Anbieter" wie ich dachte gekauft und und jetzt kann ich sie nicht mal mehr aktivieren

jetzt keine mehr, da: Habe AutoCad Civil 3D 2010 und es gibt keinen Aktivierungsschlüssel mehr. Ich habe die Software beim "besten Anbieter" wie ich dachte gekauft und und jetzt kann ich sie nicht mal mehr aktivieren

Mohammad
Mohammad
Technical Office Engineer in Kuwait
Tiefbau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD remains the uncontested drafting software for my daily civil & architectural demands.

Kommentare: For a while now, AutoCAD has been my go-to CAD utility thanks to its rich features & undisputed performance. The software has a neat interface for easily navigating through the variety of plotting tools & organized tabs for all drafting purposes. it's hard not to recommend this software to anyone who's looking for a flawless CAD experience.

Since college, I've been regularly using AutoCAD to design 2D schematics in various course projects & till this day, the software has never failed me in fulfilling my work. The user interface is sleek & the plethora of features & compatibility to complement the fantastic user experience. More specifically, whenever I'm working a schematic that contains multiple layers (civil, electrical, HVAC, etc.), I'm easily able to lock or freeze other layers while working on a specific layer. This has countlessly averted me unintentional alterations of layers that I weren't supposed to modify.

Since updating to version 2023.1, I've noticed an increase in CPU usage on my Athlon 200GE desktop which occasionally led to audible inconvenience from the desktop fans revving at full speed. I hope a future update could resolve this minor annoyance. A great piece of software nonetheless.

Research Lab Manager in USA
Chemikalien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

State of the Art Standard for 3D Printing

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It is unlikely we will ever switch back to solidworks given the capabilities and price of AutoCAD in comparison.

As an additive manufacturing (3D printing) laboratory at a major university, we require the most advanced programs which can be used across a range a skill levels. AutoCAD is consistently the most trustworthy and effective tool for 3D modeling, and the files are easily used by other programs (e.g. Cura).

The possibilities of 3D design are nearly endless, which can seem daunting, but the truth is that this create a nearly limitless ceiling for freedom of design.

Arlex
Arlex
VICEPRESIDENT in Venezuela

Autocad, it was my design school.

Kommentare: With autocad I learned to design with a computer, I learned to model, I learned CAD, it was my initial school.

Working in AutoCAD is much easier than working on paper. We saved a lot of time and it's much simpler than that. Doing it by hand can be tedious and we also have to consider our prolixity when it comes to doing it on a sheet. As Autodesk is launching new versions, they do not change much with respect to the previous ones so that the user does not have to update to something completely unknown. The latest versions are very similar, except that they add new small functions. The configuration to print a drawing in AutoCAD in different formats is very easy. There are many formats included and we can adjust colors, margins, layers, among many other aspects. AutoCAD has been linked to multiple platforms, with the benefit of being able to export and import files of all kinds. For example, we can bring an image or a block to the software, among other applications.

The main disadvantage is the high cost of the program, since the license costs a few dollars. Knowing how to use the software fully requires a lot of time since there are many functions that are not so well known, and even that they are of little application, since they are very specific. It requires a very powerful computer to work with the latest versions (especially in 3D). At least 2GB of RAM, 2GHz processing speed, and a space greater than 100GB on the hard drive. If we make an object in 3D, with many details, brightness settings, brightness, details of materials, for the best commercial computer we have, it usually slows down a lot. There are better software to make 3D drawings that are more sophisticated, with more functions and that do not slow down so much when working with a very heavy file.

Aisha
Student in UK
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Highly recommend but it is expensive

Kommentare: So far it’s great but kind of mired by its price, I find sometimes that a pirated version is less restrictive

Great to work with The design tools function well Easy to import and export. Tried it with sprutcam for example

Pretty expensive Almost fell like it is trying too hard to push to a subscription model.

Mehmet
Draftman in Türkei
Tiefbau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Autocad for Everyting

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Although we are generally satisfied, the reasons I mentioned prevent us from using it with pleasure.

We have been using it for years. Since it is a well-established program, you can easily find what you are looking for. A wide variety of libraries have been derived. Indispensable for technical draftsmen.

The fact that it still uses a single core prevents us from getting full efficiency from the program. it should be rebuilt.

Priyanka
Student in Indien
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

The very easy going software to new users

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

I like the most about Autocad is it's easy going tools and techniques to complete our work. It provides number of commands which are greatly easier to work upon with. New user can also knows the basic commands within hardly 1 hours of time.

Actually there's nothing to understand easily in AutoCad. I would say a normal person can also learn wholly within 15 to 20 days.

Chetan
Design of House in Indien
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

"My experience with the AtoCAD"

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

In olden days it's take too much time to a draftsman to draw the 2d designs of plans of houses now the autoCAD made it simpler it's the best thing I liked about it.

The pricing is the most least liked in the AutoCAD because of the pricing it's difficult to buy the software for the mid range Engineers.

Christopher
ARCHITECT in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD Review

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I rely on AutoCAD every single day to do my job.

It is fairly simple to learn. It is very diverse and doesn't have many limitations overall.

When multiple viewports are used the files get bogged down and process very slowly.

Rui
Co-Ceo in Portugal
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Its very Expensive

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

At our company we love to draw in autocad, it have all features that we need

Its a unsupported price that we cannot sustain.

Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Essential for MEP Engineers

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

AutoCAD is highly recommended once you get the hang of a few shortcuts and keys because it provides an array of customization choices, particularly for schematic and shop drawings. The rest just happens as you imagine.

The program may be less accessible for people who only recently started out or have limited funds.

Lyle
Manager of Design Technologies in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD is great but at a price

Kommentare: We are an engineering firm and have used AutoCAD as our main drafting and design program for almost 30 years. Even though we have moved on to Revit, we still use AutoCAD for certain projects where 3D parametric design may not be needed or practical.

I've used it for 30+ years so I know it inside and out. It's heavily customizable and AutoCAD is a great tool for just about anything you need to design. It's THE industry standard for CAD. If you work with lots of other companies and are sharing drawings frequently, AutoCAD is the way to go. AutoCAD LT may be an option as well at a fraction of the cost.

While AutoCAD does offer some parametric and 3D features, it's not the best thing out there if you are wanting to do parametric 3D design. Also, after using Revit, the disconnection between drawings (other than xrefs) is rather annoying. But, if you're a skilled drafter, you can do great things with AutoCAD.

Huynh
Huynh
CAD Draftsman in Vietnam
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I have used Autocad more than 6 years

As a Cad Draftsman and 3d Designer, I have worked with Autocad in most of the time. It is useful for me to finish my deadline projects, save me a lot of time with the Sheet Set Manager function. When I didn't know about this function, I spent a lot of time to print the drawing files for my company, that's silly of me. I also love the Dynamic block, I really love it. If you didn't know about this Dynamic block function, let's try to discover it and you will see how it saved your life. But I think this function is not easy to use, I have to test it many times whenever I want to create Autocad items for my library. The other function of Autocad that I love is purge function, I don't say about the normal purge function. I want to say about purge function for a large file, it's a big problem when you use the old versions. But if you use Autocad 2013-2014, you need to install AutoCAD_2013_2014_DGN_Hotfix into your computer. Thanks for God, Autocad company combined this function in the new version.

My biggest problem with Autocad is Dimension function in Layout. When I did dimension in layout, the value was often changed automatically, for example from 250mm to 250,000mm. I didn't know why? I tried to many times to find out the reason, but I didn't succeed. Many people have the same problem like me. We really got stuck. If someone knows how to solve it, please tell me, I really appreciate it. The other problem is print in Model. When I need to print multi-drawing in Model I have to use a script, the Sheet Set Manager only works with Layout.

ANDREW
Civil Engineering Technician in USA
Tiefbau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD review

Kommentare: Has revolutionized virtually every engineering field in existence, and even almost single-handedly created an entire new industry: the CAD draftsman. Every draftsman must spend significant time and training specifying a field, but computer drafting is now virtually a career unto itself, almost secondary to the industry it supports. It is and always will be an imperfect tool, but is incredibly powerful and indispensable. There are other worthy competitors... but AutoCAD is the most widespread, and the best.

It is the industry standard - that alone counts for a lot, even though that means we're all contributing to its unofficial monopoly. Extremely powerful, customizeable, available in several specialized versions. It takes a while to learn the extents of what it can do - but that's not a negative, just a byproduct of its complexity. Learning the basics is fairly quick and easy, thanks to its intuitive setup, which has improved over the years.

Well known to be prone to frequent or at least unexpected crashes. Any seasoned AutoCAD user is well-trained to save work constantly. One brilliant tool Autodesk employed to help combat this is to save data across several separate files for any one drawing/project - that way if one of them becomes corrupt, it can be diagnosed, excised, and hopefully recreated. But again, any experienced user is accustomed to the frustration of occasionally losing hours of work and spending hours more investigating, backtracking, and rebuilding. It is also extremely expensive, which really cannot be avoided considering the vast and complex programming that goes into it, and also due to the security and monitoring necessary in today's ease of electronic pirating; this is a shame, because while in earlier decades it was perhaps expensive but not always prohibitively so, a novice can no longer attain a home copy to use/learn at their leisure.

Mitchell
Mitchell
Designer in Australien
Kino & Film, Selbstständig

Industry Leader with a Legacy

Kommentare: For all its foibles and annoyances Autocad still offers a comprehensive design and drafting solutions for an amazing array of applications. I have had a love/hate with Autocad over the years dealing with its growing pains and Autodesks struggle to meet the many and varied needs of its users. For large scale projects there is still very few products that have the extensibility of Autocad to integrate into modern company quality, workflow and project management systems.

Autocad was the first CAD program I ever used. To give you an idea of the time period, it was before MS Windows existed and we did not have mice! Thus, using Autocad under DOS was all about command line input and scripts. This aspect of Autocad remains unchanged today. There is a huge array of scripts, tools and add-ons for almost every niche application you could imagine. Autocad is essentially the Vanilla of CAD. On it's own its a bit dated and boring, but throw in some specific add-ons for your niche and suddenly its a game changer. In summary, there are many other CAD applications which are based on the foundation that Autocad created and do many things better or faster than Autocad, however, there are none with the level of 3rd party integration, development and scale support that Autocad enjoys.

Autocad suffers from the same issues as does Microsoft Windows. When you have a large long term user base it's hard to innovate without upsetting users who have settled on a certain workflow or script integration. This has left Autocad lagging behind its competition in terms of modelling capability and performance. I find myself using other packages to create 3D models, then exporting the 2D drawings back into Autocad for final drafting and client distribution. Part of the issue is also crossover with products like Inventor and Fusion360. Autocad cannot become too parametrically driven or it will undermine Autodesks other offerings.

Marta
freelancer in Polen
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Pros and cons of AutoCAD

Kommentare: Most design studios are still relying on AutoCAD, and even if other programs (e.g. Revit) are appearing in studios, it does not mean elimination of CAD applications. Even when design offices boast that they model fully in 3D (including BIM), in fact, AutoCAD still plays a supporting role, and in some areas it may be the other way around, and it is AutoCAD that dominates as a proven and fast tool for drawing details. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

The advantages of the program include, first of all, a large number of created tools, thanks to which it is possible to design various, arbitrary elements. Thanks to the extensive library of materials, which is available to the users of the program, it is possible to select such materials and textures, which are characteristic for a particular design department (e.g. architecture and construction). In this way, the program adapts to individual user needs. All ready-made elements can be modified - you can also freely modify the created elements. The multitude of functions allows you to create truly unique, functional and great-looking designs - which is undoubtedly a great advantage. Finished files can be transferred to other formats - you can also create your own overlays, because the program has an open architecture. Many companies have already taken advantage of this possibility, adapting it to their needs. Advantages include: Easier navigation when moving the screen. Quick repair of corrupted paths to external files.

Cons: The program takes up a lot of disk space and is quite expensive.

ahmed
Freelance in Ägypten

AutoCAD

Kommentare: This program is an essential partner in all the reconstruction of the earth
He is very excellent, noble and the greatest assistant to any engineer in particular
We rely on it very mainly now and we hope to give more to Autodesk

• Save a lot of time, effort and thought • High quality in drawing and directing • High accuracy in execution • Very good safety in storage and transmission • Ease of use after good training You can draw and remember commands greatly after interruption of work on it for periods • One of the most beautiful things about the program is the diversity of drawing methods, data entry and output, and ease of storage • Also, one of the most wonderful things about the program is the presentation of work in more than one interface, whether two-dimensional or three-dimensional and others, or according to the required specialization, for example, civil engineering, mechanics or electrical engineering, especially architecture, and this greatly facilitates work on it • One of the nice things about the program is that we once entered a picture of a geological map that was so old that we could not get some information from it, such as the scale in some places. The image was scanned and inserted into the program, and it was great to simply extract the information from the program’s simple tools, including zooming in to the maximum. • The program allows converting work to PDF with different types of quality, and this is good in terms of the fact that each quality has a different size • It is fun to work on the program at home on your device and then transfer the file and complete your work in The company or office, then run the file on the mobile applications on the work site and be able to

• Expensive startup costs. Software can be very expensive with upfront costs such as hardware and training • It takes a long time to understand the use of this software This is the biggest hurdle in the program is the beginning In order to understand how the program works, you need to know all the details about it, and then things will be easy * New versions need great specifications, the most important of which are processors And the graphics card, so a lot may work on old versions It sacrifices the features of the new versions * AutoCAD cannot freely edit lines and locations. For instance, when it comes to overlapping lines and editing them, the software is quite limited and offers just a few options on this. * There are about 256 possible colors on many textures. This means that you may not be able to create realistic images quite like other software *The program is not as strong in 3D drawing as other specialized programs * We need to increase the trial period *We need support from the company for fonts for all languages and countries Instead of downloading and inserting it into the program * The size of the program is very large and with each release it increases * There are no courses from the company for each specialty or even as a general explanation of the program

Hicham
product tester in Marokko
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

AutoCAD: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Kommentare: I had a hard time getting started with AutoCAD. The interface is not very user-friendly and the learning curve is steep. Once I got the hang of it, I found that it was very buggy and would often crash. Overall, I was not impressed with AutoCAD and would not recommend it to anyone. It has limited features, crashes frequently, and can be difficult to learn. On the other hand, I think it could be useful for someone who needs just a simple CAD software program. If you are looking for something complex or have any experience with CAD, this is not the program for you. However, if you need something basic that is easy to use and doesn't require much technical knowledge, AutoCAD might work for you. I do like that it's affordable and comes with all the features you will need in a CAD program. There are also helpful tutorials available on their website to help new users get acquainted with AutoCAD quickly.

AutoCAD is the industry standard in CAD (computer-aided design) software. It has been around for over 30 years and has changed significantly during that time. With each version, new features are added, existing ones are improved, and the interface changes to accommodate those changes. I've been using AutoCAD for about a year now, and I have to say that I'm really impressed with it. It's very user-friendly, and the results are always accurate. Plus, it has a lot of features that make it really versatile. Overall, I'm really happy with AutoCAD. There is room for improvement, but I can see myself using this software for years to come. One thing I wish was better was compatibility with other CAD programs. In my field, we use two different types of CAD and there's no way to import files from one program into another. That would be a nice feature to add in the future. Other than that, everything else is great! And even if you're not an engineer or designer, the tools AutoCAD offers are still very useful. I used it on a class project last semester and made some pretty sweet posters. Not only does AutoCAD do well for professionals like me, but people who just want to design posters too! Definitely worth checking out :)

Overall, I was really disappointed with AutoCAD. I found the interface to be confusing and difficult to use. The software crashed a lot and was really slow. Plus, the learning curve was really steep. I wouldn't recommend this software to anyone. It's just not worth it. There are so many other programs out there that are better than this one. The price is outrageous for what you get. If you're looking for an easier to use program with a great UI, try Sketch Up or Fusion 360. You won't regret it! They both have some really awesome features and a much better UI than AutoCAD. They also both cost way less money-even though they do almost everything that AutoCAD does. Seriously, don't waste your time on AutoCAD when you could be using something else more worthwhile like Sketch Up or Fusion 360. They will work for what you need and save you time in the long run because of how easy they are to use.

elleuch
Student in Frankreich
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

AutoCAD for Civil Engineering Students: My Experience with the Essential Design Tool

Kommentare: Overall, I find AutoCAD to be an excellent tool for my work. Its ease of use, precision, and many functionalities make it an essential program for any designer or engineer. I look forward to continuing to work with it and discovering all the new ways I can use it to create innovative designs.Overall, while I appreciate the many benefits of AutoCAD, there are a few things about the software that I think could be improved. However, I believe that the benefits of the software outweigh the drawbacks, and I will continue to use it as a valuable tool in my work.

I really enjoy working with AutoCAD. It is a fantastic software that is very easy to manipulate, and it offers a high level of precision. I love that I can use it to create detailed and complex designs with ease. One of the things that I appreciate about AutoCAD is its user-friendly interface. It is incredibly intuitive, and the tools are logically organized, making it very easy to find what I need when I need it.AutoCAD is also an incredibly precise program. I love that I can draw with such accuracy and create designs that are both aesthetically pleasing and functional. The software allows me to create 2D and 3D models with ease, which is incredibly useful when designing architectural or mechanical components. I can easily create and modify drawings to ensure that they are exactly what I need.Another great thing about AutoCAD is the number of functionalities it offers. There are a wide variety of tools and features that I can use to create intricate designs and drawings. The program allows me to add annotations, dimensions, and other important details to my designs, which is incredibly helpful when communicating my ideas to others. Plus, there are many add-ons and plugins available that expand the software's capabilities even further.

While I enjoy working with AutoCAD, there are a few things about the software that I don't like. For one, I find that it can be quite resource-intensive, especially when working with larger files. This can make the program slow down and become less responsive, which can be frustrating when I'm trying to get work done quickly.Another issue I've encountered with AutoCAD is that some of the tools can be a bit difficult to use. While the software is generally user-friendly, there are some functions that require a bit of trial and error to get right. For example, I've had trouble with the hatch tool, which can be a bit finicky to work with.

Luis Guillermo
Community Manager in Venezuela

AutoCAD is one of the best softwares I've used in my activities as an architecture student and works

The main pro about this software is its precision on drawings, models and any architectural, engineering, urban, mechanical and other kind of projects you need to make on it. You can use it on many work fields due to its versatility and operativity. Another thing that I love about this software is that you can work with archives of another softwares by only importing them, and you can export on another formats too; besides, you can select the year version of its native format so you can work with previous versions of this software, increasing the productivity among colleagues. AutoCAD has been a great support to my academic developement, and I'm seriously thinking about using this program in my professional practice; I would strongly reccommend it to those who are students of architecture, engineering, industrial and interior design and another careers. This software has been the best choice since I've tried it for the first time. It's a must on any construction and design company. Go ahead and use AutoCAD!

One of the things I like least about this software is the fact that its interface is a little bit confusing sometimes, and it could be complex too if you misconfigure it; even though there are configuration buttons, sometimes they are confusing or they hide another things and drives you to desperation on how to find some things. So, my recommendation to the software programmers or developers is that they must find a way to make things a bit easier to the users in that matter.

Nelsys
Civil Engineer in Venezuela
Tiefbau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use once you get it

Kommentare: I used AutoCAD throughout my university career and in the professional and labor fields. As a civil engineer, this is a program that you use almost daily.

It really is too useful and has too many functionalities in addition to many ways to do the same thing, so you just have to find the way that best suits you. For me it was not at all easy to use it at the beginning, it's like you open the program and it overwhelms you all there, but once you have it is extremely easy to use. Honestly it is a very extensive program and has additional extensions that you can add later for your particular use. There are functions that only civil engineers use, there are functions that only mechanical engineers or electrical engineers use, so I think it is very difficult to use the program in its gigantic totality, but that should not overwhelm you. Honestly it is not necessary to take a course to learn how to use it, on the internet this is all you need and after you understand it, it will be the best specialized drawing program you will find.

share the drawings and the different versions you have, because if you save a file in a version, it can not be displayed on another computer with an earlier version, so if you have the latest version, you should always remember to save the file in a format the previous versions. And Plotting a plane and the scales, that process should be more intuitive, it can really become a nightmare to move from the screen to the paper.

M Choiril
M Choiril
Graphic Design in Indonesien
Druck, Selbstständig

Making precision images on packaging die-cut jobs is very reliable.

Kommentare: This software gives me a lot of convenience and benefits, especially it can make work in the food packaging printing industry, carton packaging, and commercial printing easier.

Since the beginning of entering the industrial engineering school, I was surprised by this software which has many benefits, not only useful for building architects, but also in the industrial sector. My need for this software is to create a master drawing that is used for the die-cut process of a package because I am required to make precise folding lines and cut lines on a packaging box. At first, I was just experimenting with combining this software with Laser Die Cutting software to cut and make lines on wooden planks. The results are impressive and very precise. The die-cut work process always runs smoothly and there are minimal size errors with this software. My customers are also satisfied because the packaging prints are detailed and neat in every corner.

Along with the times, developers are required to continue to develop their software and update the latest features, we as users have a little trouble with hardware problems. Which requires a fairly high hardware upgrade cost for a PC/Laptop. This constraint makes me have to keep AutoCAD on the old version. I have to save a little budget to use in other sectors. As long as the software is an old version and has no problems I will continue to use it.

Unterhaltungselektronik, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

3D model and 2D drafting

Kommentare: Overall, for normal sketching and drafting it is more than enough to work on. It is one of the best in the market to create designs in drawing sheets. Still, in many firms, Auto CAD is widely used in major fields such as city planning, Architecture, 2D drafting, electrical and electronic designs, etc. It is the basic software that every engineer working in the field should self-teach themselves with the tutorials provided. It is always the necessary tool to implement and create drawings as an engineer.

AutoCAD is the easiest 2D drafting software for the mechanical field of enterprises. It is easy to install and deploy from individual PCs to the communication servers. All the tools are readily available to create drawings to final prints. The commands and shortcuts are used widely to perform quick functions and they can also be customized according to the user's needs.

It cannot be used in place of larger machine structures or complex designs. There are other competitors with advanced CAD tools for 3D modeling with the surface, solid, sheet metal, welding, Plastic injection molding, and die-casting design segments for easier access. Also, too much manual intervention is required during operation. The software is more expensive than competitors in the market. Larger files are crashed during the operations which had to be recovered and there will be huge data losses without auto save.

Stefan
Freelancer in Serbien
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Very possitive experience with AutoCAD Review

Kommentare: Since my undergraduate studies and throughout the previous years, AutoCAD has been the program on which I have spent hours each day working on architectural designs and assessing the numerous prject drawings of the projects that I oversee. The clarity of the engineering standards that are presented on it increases your confidence in the capacity of technicians and construction workers to apply this.

I really enjoy using AutoCAD's commands because they're simple yet not overly difficult. I like that each function's additional options are clearly stated in the command bar, as well. I believe that general usability is fairly decent. CAD won't be difficult if you're comfortable with using computer programs in general. However, the project's return on investment is exponential, which is staggering. Even more than just completing straightforward linework in Adobe products, I utilize this software on a daily basis. My workflow just can't function without CAD that it has become so instilled in it.

Even though AutoCAD does have certain parametric and 3D features, it is not the greatest option available for parametric 3D design. Additionally, the disconnect between drawings (other than xrefs) is somewhat unpleasant after using Revit. However, if you're a talented drafter, AutoCAD can be quite useful.

Architektur & Planung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A Fantastic Piece of Software!

Kommentare: My overall experience with AutoCAD is positive. I've been using it for years now and highly recommend it.

AutoCAD is AutoCAD users best kept secret, people assume this is a difficult piece of software to use but this isn't the case. AutoCAD is a fantastically versatile and easy to use package with great online support out there. I love how easily other pieces of software can integrate with it and how you can produce quality looking technical drawings within a relatively short time-span. For first time users I would recommend getting your head around commands and keyboard shortcuts as early as possible because in a short space of time you will find your speed of production is greatly improved by this.

I do feel that AutoDesk release too many new versions of the software and seem to have got into the Adobe thinking of a yearly release just for the sake of it. Also in more recent years, watching the design of the workspace alter from a command led system to a button led one feels like a step back to those of us who still speedily type in our commands rather than gazing at a sea of grey buttons. That said, at least Autodesk have left in an option to switch the workspace to the old layout for fossils like me.