Über AutoCAD

2D- und 3D-CAD-Software, die innovative Tools für Design und Dokumentation bietet. AutoCAD ist auch als mobile Apps verfügbar.

Erfahre mehr über AutoCAD

AutoCAD is a fantastically versatile and easy to use package with great online support out there.

Integration with other softwares on autocad is difficult, it can be hard to set up dimensions when you are just beginning.

Bewertungen zu AutoCAD

AutoCAD hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 2.518 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du AutoCAD bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (2.518)

Dr Hos Tech Review

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Good experience, recommended

Easily handle my design and fast import and export them and their info 2D Draw

My be some feautures not some improvements

Kelsey B.
Landscape Designer in USA

Love love love

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I honestly love the commands in AutoCAD, they're pretty intuitive without being overly complicated. I like that the command bar also explicitly spells out additional options for each function. I feel like the overall ease of use is relatively good. If you're familiar with programs in general, CAD will be no big deal. However, the return on the project is exponential for the ease of use, so that's wonderful. I use the program daily, even above doing simple linework in Adobe products, for example. CAD has become so ingrained in my workflow that I really can't do without it.

The biggest con I can think of has to do with the consistent functionality of certain commands I use. For example, the hatching command does not always read linework as complete/joined even when I know that it is, which results in a wildly skewed hatch. As well, the draw order command does not always function properly. Basically, I don't have a huge complaint - more like I think there's still bugs that need to be worked out. Overall, I love CAD.

Jacob B.
Designer in USA

AutoCAD review

2 letzten Monat Neu

Easy to put together construction drawings

Doesn’t integrate well with other programs

Kristofer R.
Kristofer R.
Student in Mexiko
Chemikalien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Autocad = Quality

4 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It's a good experience, I learned a lot, from 2D drawing to 3D renderings that could take hours. Being able to create scenarios and then demonstrate them to an audience was quite nice, as well as the quality of the renderings. I liked the fact that they have a lot of tools and how easy they are to use.

I really like the way it works, its tools remind me a lot of other products from other brands, which made me get familiar with the product faster. At first when I downloaded the program, I thought it would be impossible for me to understand it since I had never had an approach to this type of drawing programs, but inside the program you can learn a lot, since it has small help boxes that come out every time you want to use a tool.

Possibly what I liked the least, was the unexpected shutdowns that the program gave me, this happened mostly when working with 3D models, it was a bit annoying, but the autosave worked. In the same way, I never liked the file saving, I always had to look for the folder where I wanted to save it, even if it was always the same one.

Jackeline I.
Project Management in Brasilien
Tiefbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

AutoCad Analysis

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Great. A can make complete projects using only on programm.

It has a lot of features, very fast and complete. Every aspect of a project can be planed in this software.

It requires training to use. It could be a little more intuitive its interface. Some features could receive more highlights in the mainbar

Lívio bernard V.
Lívio bernard V.
Civil engineer in Brasilien
Tiefbau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the best solution for construction designer

5 vor 5 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: A reliable software that attends to the most exigent aspect of construction

The software has compatibility with multiple operating systems and it is not necessary to have professional CPUs because the software works smoothly even on very basic computers. Another great aspect is all the features work great at a high professional level for fulfilling the needs of the construction sector. All the best professionals are aware of the powerful features that this software offers, so the use of AutoCAD will guarantee the quality of construction designs.

The downside of AutoCAD is the price. Although the software is great it is overpriced considering the use for individuals even in very small businesses. I think there will be plans with affordable prices for these situations. I could only starting to use it after I was hired by a big company.

Lap Y.
Lap Y.
project manager in USA
Immobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Acad

4 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I get the ACAD files from the designers and modify as needed for real estate purposes. This is highly critical when we undergo renovations to our spaces. We can also hand off existing condition files to any new designers or tenants for them to design their space as needed.

It is the industry standard and most other professionals use it for their designs. It makes all file compatibility a non issues. There is a push now to do design in 3D modeling software such as Navis or Revit.

It is very expensive as they have gone to a subscription model rather than purchase once and keep that version. It is also a software that you have to constantly use otherwise you will lose this skill.

Enmanuel M.
Enmanuel M.
Teacher in Dominikanische Republik
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Highly recommended

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: AutoCAD helped me a lot in my high school projects in the mechanical area. My drawings were endowed with quality thanks to this software.

It is the most complete software on the market and its popularity and credit prove it. I have placed all my trust in him and it has been worth it.

What I don't like is that it can look complicated, and when it comes to indoctrinating new prospects it becomes a bit complicated.

Rostislav Z.
Rostislav Z.
R&D Design Engineer in Tschechien
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Biggest in its class, can't deny that

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Wasn't that hard to use, you just need to be very patient. Helped me to do, what I need and finish my university studies.

You need to be very patient and careful where you click and what you do. Sometimes it is hard to figure out what is really going on. But all in all, AutoCAD is not complicated software.

Pedro G.
Pedro G.
Project Engineer in Spanien
Tiefbau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

An incredible tool for designing and drafting 2D and 3D models.

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It's reliable with rendering 2D and 3D models.
Enhance 3D Mapping.

It's simple to design and draft 2D and 3D models. Enhance ease of drawing 2D and 3D models. Has a great mobile app hence I can have access anywhere and anytime.

Rendering 3D models can be more time consuming.

Ahmed E.
Freelance in Ägypten
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

AutoCAD

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: This program is an essential partner in all the reconstruction of the earth
He is very excellent, noble and the greatest assistant to any engineer in particular
We rely on it very mainly now and we hope to give more to Autodesk

• Save a lot of time, effort and thought • High quality in drawing and directing • High accuracy in execution • Very good safety in storage and transmission • Ease of use after good training You can draw and remember commands greatly after interruption of work on it for periods • One of the most beautiful things about the program is the diversity of drawing methods, data entry and output, and ease of storage • Also, one of the most wonderful things about the program is the presentation of work in more than one interface, whether two-dimensional or three-dimensional and others, or according to the required specialization, for example, civil engineering, mechanics or electrical engineering, especially architecture, and this greatly facilitates work on it • One of the nice things about the program is that we once entered a picture of a geological map that was so old that we could not get some information from it, such as the scale in some places. The image was scanned and inserted into the program, and it was great to simply extract the information from the program’s simple tools, including zooming in to the maximum. • The program allows converting work to PDF with different types of quality, and this is good in terms of the fact that each quality has a different size • It is fun to work on the program at home on your device and then transfer the file and complete your work in The company or office, then run the file on the mobile applications on the work site and be able to

• Expensive startup costs. Software can be very expensive with upfront costs such as hardware and training • It takes a long time to understand the use of this software This is the biggest hurdle in the program is the beginning In order to understand how the program works, you need to know all the details about it, and then things will be easy * New versions need great specifications, the most important of which are processors And the graphics card, so a lot may work on old versions It sacrifices the features of the new versions * AutoCAD cannot freely edit lines and locations. For instance, when it comes to overlapping lines and editing them, the software is quite limited and offers just a few options on this. * There are about 256 possible colors on many textures. This means that you may not be able to create realistic images quite like other software *The program is not as strong in 3D drawing as other specialized programs * We need to increase the trial period *We need support from the company for fonts for all languages and countries Instead of downloading and inserting it into the program * The size of the program is very large and with each release it increases * There are no courses from the company for each specialty or even as a general explanation of the program

Amira D.
Site Architect in Jordanien
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The most reliable tool for preparing drawings and designs with precise engineering scales.

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: AutoCAD has been and continues to be the application on which I spend hours each day working on architectural designs and evaluating the many Shop drawings of the projects that I supervise, since my undergraduate studies and during the previous years. Your faith in the ability of construction workers and technicians to apply this is boosted by the clarity of the engineering standards that are included on it.

Whether you're a novice or a seasoned engineer, it's one of the best technical drawing tools ever created. You have helped me become an expert in engineering drawing and have helped me generate the best structural and interior designs over the last few years. Many new features have been introduced to this tool in recent years, including the ability to keep files in the cloud and collaborate with others remotely, as well as the ability to make design changes and obtain approvals, all of which save time and money by eliminating the need for physical printing. The AutoCAD interface is perfect for me since it has all the tools I need right in front of me, and I can customize it to suit my needs. I particularly appreciate the library it offers, which allows you to import and edit a large number of pre-made parts. It is possible to export drawings from AutoCAD to Revit and work on 3D designs and BIM principles using AutoCAD's interaction with other Autodesk products. When used in construction projects, this method cuts down on the amount of time spent duplicating tasks amongst civil, electrical, and mechanical teams, which results in a smoother workflow with fewer mistakes and reworks.

Once you have completed the exercises that help you acquire the necessary abilities, AutoCAD will be a joy to use as well as easy to learn. The only issue is that you'll need a computer with a fast processor and a large screen if you want to create complex designs with a variety of different elements.

Akhil M.
Freelancer in Deutschland
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Simple AutoCAD review

Kommentare: AutoCAD is hard to get and learn, nonetheless, this can be said for any displaying programming with such huge abilities. AutoCAD's trouble is very even out with the quality you can accomplish inside the product, and the wide conceivable outcomes it offers. AutoCAD is an incredibly powerful instrument to help originators and drafters to make drawings that look extraordinary and are not difficult to control, it can battle to deal with weighty venture responsibility with numerous 3-layered items in a single drawing. You can commodity and import pictures between programming which I love the most.

You can do nearly everything with AutoCAD, from the straightforward sketch of a space to the arrangement of a task without making a qualification assuming that it is power, building or structural designing. AutoCAD is exceptionally adaptable, and I truly like the client's capacity to set up their own default climate that can be utilized for new ventures going ahead. The upsides of the program incorporate, above all else, countless made apparatuses, because of which it is feasible to plan different, self-assertive components. Because of the broad library of materials, which is accessible to the clients of the program, it is feasible to choose such materials and surfaces, which are trademark for a specific plan office. Exactness and accuracy effortlessly of utilization, that is actually what AutoCAD is. With just PC mouse work and a tad of console utilization the things you can draw without holding a pencil and with next to no requirement for all that drawing and drafting gear on your table. Any sort of 2D drawings or 3D displaying drawings you can draw with AutoCAD, which assists you with picturing the articles better and that can be extremely useful assuming you are a designer, development engineer or a development labourer presently chipping away at a task including building an item or foundation. The fundamental orders like Copy, Mirror, and so forth can finish your occupation in only a couple of snaps.

AutoCAD is hard to advance particularly for outright amateurs. additionally, while chipping away at weighty records, it very well may be hard to make changes on the document without the danger of your framework slacking or in any event, crashing. AutoCAD doesn't give full Building Information Modelling similarity. Its substance has just Geometric properties. It doesn't give full parametric demonstrating and add a material trademark to the model. AutoCAD can't turn out to be excessively parametrically determined or it will subvert Autodesk different contributions.

Lyle H.
Manager of Design Technologies in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD is great but at a price

Kommentare: We are an engineering firm and have used AutoCAD as our main drafting and design program for almost 30 years. Even though we have moved on to Revit, we still use AutoCAD for certain projects where 3D parametric design may not be needed or practical.

I've used it for 30+ years so I know it inside and out. It's heavily customizable and AutoCAD is a great tool for just about anything you need to design. It's THE industry standard for CAD. If you work with lots of other companies and are sharing drawings frequently, AutoCAD is the way to go. AutoCAD LT may be an option as well at a fraction of the cost.

While AutoCAD does offer some parametric and 3D features, it's not the best thing out there if you are wanting to do parametric 3D design. Also, after using Revit, the disconnection between drawings (other than xrefs) is rather annoying. But, if you're a skilled drafter, you can do great things with AutoCAD.

Ahmed F.
Planning and project control engineer in Jordanien
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best applications for drawing all designs and implementation plans.

Kommentare: It is a very enjoyable experience, as the capabilities provided by AutoCAD support imagination, allowing the user to think more about every diagram he looks at so that he can find creative solutions. For me , for more than ten years and until today I have used AutoCAD daily to complete my work by calculating quantities and percentages of completion. Therefore, I cannot find words that can describe the extent of my appreciation and thanks to those in charge of AutoCAD, because without the effort made by them, the construction workers would not have been able to complete their work so easily and also the implementation of wonderful buildings like the ones we see today all over the world.

I like how AutoCAD reliable, easy to learn and use, as I was able, during my study of civil engineering at the university, and throughout my career in the field of contracting, to achieve the greatest possible benefit from using AutoCAD, as it helped me in design and read various construction plans and also measure areas and Quantity. AutoCAD is characterized by high accuracy, which made it the first application in the world, and made it trusted by all contracting companies, consultants and architects around the world, where the design and construction processes cannot be imagined without its presence. The tools that AutoCAD provides to users increase their imagination and creativity, which makes them able to find solutions to many problems, and also develop many products in different fields.

In fact, there is nothing to say in this field, I love everything about AutoCAD, the interface of the application is distinctive, and all the tools that help the user to perform his tasks can be added to it, also the settings for printing, saving and sharing are very easy, add to this the speed of response of the support team to any problem that the user may face. In all honesty, I want to say, that AutoCAD has provided a great service to mankind and has played an important role with all the achievements made in the last decades.

Yerko A.
Yerko A.
Ingeniero en Automatización in Chile
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

Un gran software de diseño

Kommentare: Optimiza la realizacion de planos electricos en la empresa las cuales hace dejar el papel de lado de los planos antiguos y nos genera planos de forma mas ordenas exactas y demarcadas visualmente, generando un mayor entendimiento.

La amplia gama que puede abarcar un software como este, tanto para el diseños de planos electricos, como para layout, el uso es sencillo de ocupar y no es necesario un curso para su utilización, uno mismo puede aprender al utilizar el producto. El software trae la opcion de generar planos 3D para un mejor diseño e entendimiento del dibujo que uno quiere implementar, a la vez trae normas de dibujo y de plano. Un software excelente para profesionales que buscan implementar planos de cualquier indole y de forma que buscan dejar el papel de lado.

Las funciones que dejan que deciar son el modo 3D, puede ser engorroso en un momento debido a que el eje de profundidad con el de altura se confunden por lo que al dejar el dibujo terminado se ve el error, falta demostrar o recalcar mas esa caracterisitcas.

Abdallah F.
Ingineer in Marokko
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

Autocad is the drawing board, it's up to the designer to show more creativity

Kommentare: Since I started my career as an engineer, I have always or almost always used Autocad as a work tool. I must say that in the engineering environment that I lived, we only spoke the AutoCAD language.

You can do almost everything with Autocad, from the simple sketch of a room to the plan of a project without making a distinction if it is electricity, building or civil engineering. If we master the integration of georeferenced images we can even speak of GIS. I said "if we master" because in autocad we have everything we need to make our project emerge, but we need the appropriate users. It is absolutely necessary to start using Autocad on a very good basis: choosing the layers by type of object, choosing and mastering the types, having a good vision in space (but you can acquire it with time), and especially not being afraid to go back in the event of an error, something Autocad does wonderfully. We must also locate the objects we need to make our drawings and classify them in a library. For drawing plans, you have to master the scales and cartridges, something you do once and for all. There is also something that I have noticed when working a long time with other civil engineering software, and that is the power Autocad has to manage an enormous amount of information without bugging. It only depends on the hardware which must be sufficient for the installation of Autocad as for other software of its importance. Autocad offers the possibility of integrating applications like Covadis for hydraulic and VRD calculations and if you master Lisp you can automate certain tasks which depend on the type of project you want to carry out.

Autocad is a tool that adapts to all situations but which requires a continuous investment in self-training. You have to learn good habits and ask the right questions knowing that it always offers the right answers. This requires either hard-working designers or knowledgeable supervision.

Engr md. abs K.
Engr md. abs K.
Asst Engr (Civil-Design) in Bangladesch
Tiefbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Drawing for AutoCAD or AutoCAD for Drawing- “AutoCAD is software 3D & 2D, I'm so recommended

Kommentare: AutoCAD is the first modeling software I learnt. it was a bit difficult at first but, i am happy i was patient enough to complete the tutorials because it gave me the solid foundation in 2D sketching which has helped me a lot.

Ease of use. Allows you to keep the interface the same throughout the years while still adding features. I have been using AutoCAD for over 20 years. It's the only system I would use. AutoCAD is very versatile, and I really like the user's ability to set up their own default environment that can be used for new projects going forward.

AutoCAD is difficult to learn especially for absolute beginners. also, when working on heavy files, it can be difficult to make changes on the file without the risk of your system lagging or even crashing. the user interface is frustrating but, i hope they review it and make it more interesting for users.

Marta W.
freelancer in Polen

Pros and cons of AutoCAD

Kommentare: Most design studios are still relying on AutoCAD, and even if other programs (e.g. Revit) are appearing in studios, it does not mean elimination of CAD applications. Even when design offices boast that they model fully in 3D (including BIM), in fact, AutoCAD still plays a supporting role, and in some areas it may be the other way around, and it is AutoCAD that dominates as a proven and fast tool for drawing details. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

The advantages of the program include, first of all, a large number of created tools, thanks to which it is possible to design various, arbitrary elements. Thanks to the extensive library of materials, which is available to the users of the program, it is possible to select such materials and textures, which are characteristic for a particular design department (e.g. architecture and construction). In this way, the program adapts to individual user needs. All ready-made elements can be modified - you can also freely modify the created elements. The multitude of functions allows you to create truly unique, functional and great-looking designs - which is undoubtedly a great advantage. Finished files can be transferred to other formats - you can also create your own overlays, because the program has an open architecture. Many companies have already taken advantage of this possibility, adapting it to their needs. Advantages include: Easier navigation when moving the screen. Quick repair of corrupted paths to external files.

Cons: The program takes up a lot of disk space and is quite expensive.

Mirza Č.
AutoCad is easy to operate! in Bosnien und Herzegowina
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD is very easy to use!

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: First time I got introduced to AutoCAD it was in high school, second grade. Since I went to high school which is specialized for training construction workers I have used many software's for drawing and one of them was AutoCAD, which I found very easy to use. I used it for 2 years in that period of life and it was very amusing for me to find something like that to ease my handwriting , drawing and drafting work with paper, pencils, rulers and divider. I had many different school subjects and most of them required drawing and drafting, so most of my work was done by AutoCAD software using mouse and keyboard. Later on in my life I had a few encounters with AutoCAD in a company that I work for and again it was like riding a bicycle, some things and stuff are just easy to use and remember, for me it was the AutoCAD.

Accuracy and precision with really ease of use, that is exactly what AutoCAD is. With just computer mouse function and a little bit of keyboard usage the things you can draw without holding a pencil and without any need for all that drawing and drafting equipment on your table. Any kind of 2D drawings or 3D modeling drawings you can draw with AutoCAD, which helps you to visualize the objects better and that can be very helpful if you are a architect, construction engineer or a construction worker currently working on a project including building an object or infrastructure. The basic commands like Copy, Mirror, etc. can get your job done in just a few clicks! AutoCAD really saves you a lot of time. Most people would probably be interested in a price of this software and I can say that the price is pretty much good and affordable for a software of this kind, but I think the user should decide that one for it self.

Some add-ons might be hard to install, but not necessarily. File transferring sometimes can be a little difficult especially if files sizes are bigger and because of that sometimes you won't be able to load some of the received documents, so you will have to find a fix for that, but still I did not have many problems of that kind or any other. One more information that could be useful is that AutoCad's files only can be opened with its own extension which is DWG ( I don't know is that a problem for some users or not, but there it is, truth is out there).

Aditya M.
Civil Designer EIT in USA
Tiefbau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

If you can imagine it, AutoCAD can draw it!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have been using AutoCAD for more than 8 years. I have used it for CAD modeling, drafting, building design and construction detailing. I and my company has always used this program for any construction-related work. We have been using it as step one for creating a base model to be used in the Building Information Modelling process. We use it to develop Revit Model. Use it in Civil 3D for civil design. AutoCAD has always supported our needs.

The freedom that AutoCAD gives you is one of the most important. If I can imagine any drawing/component/part in my head, then AutoCAD can draw it. There is no more easy explanation for it. AutoCAD is the most versatile and compatible software for any engineering problem. It works with Revit, it works with Bentley Suite, it works with Google package, it works with almost all software. AutoCAD is a basic building blocks for drafting, design and engineering analysis.

AutoCAD does not provide full Building Information Modelling compatibility. Its content has only Geometric properties. It does not provide full parametric modeling and add a material characteristic to the model. It is simply a program that draws stuff. No intelligent modeling.

Huynh T.
Huynh T.
CAD Draftsman in Vietnam
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I have used Autocad more than 6 years

As a Cad Draftsman and 3d Designer, I have worked with Autocad in most of the time. It is useful for me to finish my deadline projects, save me a lot of time with the Sheet Set Manager function. When I didn't know about this function, I spent a lot of time to print the drawing files for my company, that's silly of me. I also love the Dynamic block, I really love it. If you didn't know about this Dynamic block function, let's try to discover it and you will see how it saved your life. But I think this function is not easy to use, I have to test it many times whenever I want to create Autocad items for my library. The other function of Autocad that I love is purge function, I don't say about the normal purge function. I want to say about purge function for a large file, it's a big problem when you use the old versions. But if you use Autocad 2013-2014, you need to install AutoCAD_2013_2014_DGN_Hotfix into your computer. Thanks for God, Autocad company combined this function in the new version.

My biggest problem with Autocad is Dimension function in Layout. When I did dimension in layout, the value was often changed automatically, for example from 250mm to 250,000mm. I didn't know why? I tried to many times to find out the reason, but I didn't succeed. Many people have the same problem like me. We really got stuck. If someone knows how to solve it, please tell me, I really appreciate it. The other problem is print in Model. When I need to print multi-drawing in Model I have to use a script, the Sheet Set Manager only works with Layout.

Mitchell C.
Mitchell C.
Designer in Australien
Kino & Film, Selbstständig

Industry Leader with a Legacy

Kommentare: For all its foibles and annoyances Autocad still offers a comprehensive design and drafting solutions for an amazing array of applications. I have had a love/hate with Autocad over the years dealing with its growing pains and Autodesks struggle to meet the many and varied needs of its users. For large scale projects there is still very few products that have the extensibility of Autocad to integrate into modern company quality, workflow and project management systems.

Autocad was the first CAD program I ever used. To give you an idea of the time period, it was before MS Windows existed and we did not have mice! Thus, using Autocad under DOS was all about command line input and scripts. This aspect of Autocad remains unchanged today. There is a huge array of scripts, tools and add-ons for almost every niche application you could imagine. Autocad is essentially the Vanilla of CAD. On it's own its a bit dated and boring, but throw in some specific add-ons for your niche and suddenly its a game changer. In summary, there are many other CAD applications which are based on the foundation that Autocad created and do many things better or faster than Autocad, however, there are none with the level of 3rd party integration, development and scale support that Autocad enjoys.

Autocad suffers from the same issues as does Microsoft Windows. When you have a large long term user base it's hard to innovate without upsetting users who have settled on a certain workflow or script integration. This has left Autocad lagging behind its competition in terms of modelling capability and performance. I find myself using other packages to create 3D models, then exporting the 2D drawings back into Autocad for final drafting and client distribution. Part of the issue is also crossover with products like Inventor and Fusion360. Autocad cannot become too parametrically driven or it will undermine Autodesks other offerings.

George F.
Design Engineer in USA
Tiefbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD Review as a Engineering Undergraduate and a Young Engineer

Kommentare: AutoCAD is tough to pick up and learn, however, this can be said for any modeling software with such immense capabilities. This being said, AutoCAD is my favorite modeling software to use as I have been able to play around with it during college and throughout my internship. I have modeled small buildings to planes, and will continue to use AutoCAD as I believe it is the best modeling software.

With AutoCAD, your mind is the limit for what you can draw, simulate, and model! As an engineering student I used AutoCAD in a couple of my classes to create anything ranging from simple pieces of equipment to an entire Iron Man helmet (I would like to note that making the Iron Man Helmet took a very long time). The precision with AutoCAD always memorizes me, as you can make models that look real within the program. I have used AutoCAD for a few years now (throughout college and through my engineering internships) and still feel as if I have scratched the surface on the immense capabilities of AutoCAD. I highly recommend AutoCAD for any creative person that is looking to get into modeling or any company that is looking to improve their equipment drawings.

I would definitely have to say that AutoCAD has been one of the more difficult software to pick up and learn (take this with a grain of salt though as all modeling software are typically very difficult to learn). AutoCAD provides many tutorials to help you get started, however, these can only take you so far. To become proficient with AutoCAD you need many hours dedicated to playing around with AutoCAD and watching other tutorials. Once you have gotten good at using AutoCAD, you will be able to create almost anything with ease. One last thing to note is that it can be tough to find what exact button you are looking for with the current interface. Other than that, I highly recommend AutoCAD.

Sadaf G.
Sadaf G.
Sustanability Analyst in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD- A powerful tool for drawing and modelling

Kommentare: Work with AutoCAD begins at the conception stage (conceptual design, schematics, design development) through to construction (good for construction and as-built drawings) and completion. I have been using AutoCAD for the last ten years and honestly, I would not trade this software for any other. Our company uses AutoCAD for drafting two-dimensional layouts, editing, developing 3D models as well as using it to import and export to other compatible software such as Revit for BIM and IES for energy modelling respectively. It is a fundamental drafting software that has no competitor in the market, especially for the construction industry. I highly recommend this powerful tool for enhancing the quality of detailed architectural, mechanical, electrical and civil 2D drawings for better implementation on site.

There is no limit to what can be produced with AutoCAD, from architecture, product design, and landscape drawings, from the tiniest to scales to the largest. As an Architect, I feel that mastering this software has been an indispensable skill, and I will be using it for many many years to come. Once you get a hang of it, developing layouts is simple, with a customizable interface and menus. I especially love the Object Snap command that helps me prepare drawings and details that are 100% accurate. Being compatible with a majority of modelling software, exporting CAD drawings is quite straightforward too. There is a plethora of support online as well as provided by Autodesk, if things seem challenging or there is a glitch to fix. The best part is that AutoCAD offers a fully functional free version for students, which is definitely a step in the right direction; not all companies do this.

The price tag associated with AutoCAD is steep, considering designers, architects, and engineers, all use it perpetually. To function without major glitches such as screen freeze, slow processing speed the software needs system rich in memory and RAM. A few commands like Trim and Hatch function slowly if your computer is (in my case) old or short on available RAM. For new users, the entire interface can be quite overwhelming considering the number of commands available for varied functions. I don't really have major issues with the 2D drafting feature, as it is comprehensive, accurate and user-friendly, but somehow the 3D feature isn't the best. In my opinion, there is other software available which can produce exceptional, presentation worthy and realistic 3D renderings as most have their own ray tracing, something that AutoCAD lacks. Additionally, for complex projects, it can be challenging to update sections, elevations, and detail drawings even if there is a minor change in the plan/s. For this purpose especially, I prefer BIM software when working on large and challenging projects.