Filtern nach:

Über AutoCAD

2D- und 3D-CAD-Software, die innovative Tools für Design und Dokumentation bietet. AutoCAD ist auch als mobile Apps verfügbar.

Erfahre mehr über AutoCAD

Zeigt 2.275 Bewertungen

Engr md. abs K.
Engr md. abs K.
Asst Engr (Civil-Design) in Bangladesch
Tiefbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Drawing for AutoCAD or AutoCAD for Drawing- “AutoCAD is software 3D & 2D, I'm so recommended

Kommentare: AutoCAD is the first modeling software I learnt. it was a bit difficult at first but, i am happy i was patient enough to complete the tutorials because it gave me the solid foundation in 2D sketching which has helped me a lot.

Ease of use. Allows you to keep the interface the same throughout the years while still adding features. I have been using AutoCAD for over 20 years. It's the only system I would use. AutoCAD is very versatile, and I really like the user's ability to set up their own default environment that can be used for new projects going forward.

AutoCAD is difficult to learn especially for absolute beginners. also, when working on heavy files, it can be difficult to make changes on the file without the risk of your system lagging or even crashing. the user interface is frustrating but, i hope they review it and make it more interesting for users.

Yerko A.
Yerko A.
Ingeniero en Automatización in Chile
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

Un gran software de diseño

Kommentare: Optimiza la realizacion de planos electricos en la empresa las cuales hace dejar el papel de lado de los planos antiguos y nos genera planos de forma mas ordenas exactas y demarcadas visualmente, generando un mayor entendimiento.

La amplia gama que puede abarcar un software como este, tanto para el diseños de planos electricos, como para layout, el uso es sencillo de ocupar y no es necesario un curso para su utilización, uno mismo puede aprender al utilizar el producto. El software trae la opcion de generar planos 3D para un mejor diseño e entendimiento del dibujo que uno quiere implementar, a la vez trae normas de dibujo y de plano. Un software excelente para profesionales que buscan implementar planos de cualquier indole y de forma que buscan dejar el papel de lado.

Las funciones que dejan que deciar son el modo 3D, puede ser engorroso en un momento debido a que el eje de profundidad con el de altura se confunden por lo que al dejar el dibujo terminado se ve el error, falta demostrar o recalcar mas esa caracterisitcas.

Lead Product Designer in USA

Great tool for design collaboration and project management

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Autocad is powerful software with many uses, including project management, file organization, and collaboration among teams of designers.

I really like the way that it's intuitive and easy to use! I've learned how to use this software throughout my college career, and now I'm using it in my professional career as well. I am happy that most of my clients choose this program and not other 3D modeling software, which makes the collaboration super easy.

Autodesk's AutoCAD software offers many features whose commands you'll want to memorize if you plan to use the software efficiently.

Arlex G.
Arlex G.
VICEPRESIDENT in Venezuela

Autocad, it was my design school.

Kommentare: With autocad I learned to design with a computer, I learned to model, I learned CAD, it was my initial school.

Working in AutoCAD is much easier than working on paper. We saved a lot of time and it's much simpler than that. Doing it by hand can be tedious and we also have to consider our prolixity when it comes to doing it on a sheet. As Autodesk is launching new versions, they do not change much with respect to the previous ones so that the user does not have to update to something completely unknown. The latest versions are very similar, except that they add new small functions. The configuration to print a drawing in AutoCAD in different formats is very easy. There are many formats included and we can adjust colors, margins, layers, among many other aspects. AutoCAD has been linked to multiple platforms, with the benefit of being able to export and import files of all kinds. For example, we can bring an image or a block to the software, among other applications.

The main disadvantage is the high cost of the program, since the license costs a few dollars. Knowing how to use the software fully requires a lot of time since there are many functions that are not so well known, and even that they are of little application, since they are very specific. It requires a very powerful computer to work with the latest versions (especially in 3D). At least 2GB of RAM, 2GHz processing speed, and a space greater than 100GB on the hard drive. If we make an object in 3D, with many details, brightness settings, brightness, details of materials, for the best commercial computer we have, it usually slows down a lot. There are better software to make 3D drawings that are more sophisticated, with more functions and that do not slow down so much when working with a very heavy file.

Interior Design Intern in USA
Architektur & Planung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD: Jack of all trades, master of none

Kommentare: I briefly used AutoCAD before using Revit for all of my time at university. I then switched to AutoCAD when I started my internship, as they did not have Revit. It really just takes a lot more time to do the same things. For example, I was tasked with drawing up some interior elevations, which I could do in Revit by simply making a section.

Without AutoCAD, many essential industries in today's world would crumble. It has become such a useful and essential tool in pretty much all design fields. Even when it is not the preferred tool, it works well and can be used effectively.

Too many people learned this software, and are afraid to switch to much better tools that would save time and money in the longrun. The construction and architecture industry, for example, have Autodesk Revit, which does pretty much everything AutoCAD does and more. AutoCAD is fine, but Revit is just better for this industry.

Shanti D.
Shanti D.
Design Engineer in Indien
Architektur & Planung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Professional CAD software

Kommentare: Autocad plays a very important part in my work. I have been using it since the beginning. There is no other application that can provide a clean and nice drawing in our architecture industries. It not only helps us save time but also helps us save engineering failure.

Easy to use customizable tools which provide a smooth and clean drawing. Autocad not only provide 2d drawing , It also provide user to create 3d drawing with wireframe. Another key feature of autocad is that it also provide drawing printing in all major file formate and with the help of A360 (cloude) You can share your drawing with anyone around the world.

Expensive. Autocad is way to expensive for small industries.

Jaze P.
Jaze P.
Systems Administrator in Südafrika
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD Basics (In My Opinion)

Kommentare: Since it is a ubiquitous software used by architects, structural engineers and M.E.P specialists, it gave me the opportunity to collaborate with various individuals from different fields of work and showed me its true versatility throughout these engagements.

The software is great for producing technical documentation/2D & 3D drawings. It is very user friendly, most people get accustomed to it within a matter of days. It comes with a cool collaborative tool designed to aid in the review process plus you can also store your work on the cloud using the Autodesk drive.

It allows for only one user to work on one DWG file at a time and also has a rather tedious drawing process that involves a lot of manual calculations, structural analysis, etc.

Principal in USA
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

AutoCAD is the De Facto CAD Standard

Kommentare: I've used AutoCAD for over 30 years. It's the CAD tool of choice to learn and use in the Architectural industry.

I like the most about AutoCAD is that the program is 100% customizable. End user can change the user interface and build custom apps using AutoLISP / Visual Lisp or .NET to aid in missing features/commands.

I like least about AutoCAD is that the end user has to consistently use the program otherwise it's very easy to forget all the many command functions provided.

Linda G.
Associate Interior Designer in Kanada
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Tried and true

5 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: We've been successfully using AutoCAD for 20 years to complete all of our construction drawings.

There are different ways for different types of individuals to use the product in a faster + more efficient way that suits their own needs and style of drafting.

The graphic features are somewhat limited. We need to employ other software to create presentation quality drawings.

Renato B.
Renato B.
CEO in Brasilien
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD is the the easiest CAD program to implement

Kommentare: I have been using AutoCAD for more than 2 years now, and used it a lot to represent hydraulics for some buildings we implemented our pump solutions.

The nicest thing about AutoCAD, if your business still doesn't use it you'r late, is the digital transformation of project design every change and progress in the project is way faster than in paper, besides the fact that is super easy and intuitive to learn how to use it.

The drawings in AutoCAD are made only by lines and lacks parametric objects to its design and it's only helpfull for the drawings, it doesn't have materials selection and beam simulation. Also you need a powerful computer for it.

Ahmed F.
Planning and project control engineer in Jordanien
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best applications for drawing all designs and implementation plans.

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It is a very enjoyable experience, as the capabilities provided by AutoCAD support imagination, allowing the user to think more about every diagram he looks at so that he can find creative solutions. For me , for more than ten years and until today I have used AutoCAD daily to complete my work by calculating quantities and percentages of completion. Therefore, I cannot find words that can describe the extent of my appreciation and thanks to those in charge of AutoCAD, because without the effort made by them, the construction workers would not have been able to complete their work so easily and also the implementation of wonderful buildings like the ones we see today all over the world.

I like how AutoCAD reliable, easy to learn and use, as I was able, during my study of civil engineering at the university, and throughout my career in the field of contracting, to achieve the greatest possible benefit from using AutoCAD, as it helped me in design and read various construction plans and also measure areas and Quantity. AutoCAD is characterized by high accuracy, which made it the first application in the world, and made it trusted by all contracting companies, consultants and architects around the world, where the design and construction processes cannot be imagined without its presence. The tools that AutoCAD provides to users increase their imagination and creativity, which makes them able to find solutions to many problems, and also develop many products in different fields.

In fact, there is nothing to say in this field, I love everything about AutoCAD, the interface of the application is distinctive, and all the tools that help the user to perform his tasks can be added to it, also the settings for printing, saving and sharing are very easy, add to this the speed of response of the support team to any problem that the user may face. In all honesty, I want to say, that AutoCAD has provided a great service to mankind and has played an important role with all the achievements made in the last decades.

Abdallah F.
Ingineer in Marokko
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

Autocad is the drawing board, it's up to the designer to show more creativity

Kommentare: Since I started my career as an engineer, I have always or almost always used Autocad as a work tool. I must say that in the engineering environment that I lived, we only spoke the AutoCAD language.

You can do almost everything with Autocad, from the simple sketch of a room to the plan of a project without making a distinction if it is electricity, building or civil engineering. If we master the integration of georeferenced images we can even speak of GIS. I said "if we master" because in autocad we have everything we need to make our project emerge, but we need the appropriate users. It is absolutely necessary to start using Autocad on a very good basis: choosing the layers by type of object, choosing and mastering the types, having a good vision in space (but you can acquire it with time), and especially not being afraid to go back in the event of an error, something Autocad does wonderfully. We must also locate the objects we need to make our drawings and classify them in a library. For drawing plans, you have to master the scales and cartridges, something you do once and for all. There is also something that I have noticed when working a long time with other civil engineering software, and that is the power Autocad has to manage an enormous amount of information without bugging. It only depends on the hardware which must be sufficient for the installation of Autocad as for other software of its importance. Autocad offers the possibility of integrating applications like Covadis for hydraulic and VRD calculations and if you master Lisp you can automate certain tasks which depend on the type of project you want to carry out.

Autocad is a tool that adapts to all situations but which requires a continuous investment in self-training. You have to learn good habits and ask the right questions knowing that it always offers the right answers. This requires either hard-working designers or knowledgeable supervision.

Marta W.
freelancer in Polen
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Pros and cons of AutoCAD

Kommentare: Most design studios are still relying on AutoCAD, and even if other programs (e.g. Revit) are appearing in studios, it does not mean elimination of CAD applications. Even when design offices boast that they model fully in 3D (including BIM), in fact, AutoCAD still plays a supporting role, and in some areas it may be the other way around, and it is AutoCAD that dominates as a proven and fast tool for drawing details. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

The advantages of the program include, first of all, a large number of created tools, thanks to which it is possible to design various, arbitrary elements. Thanks to the extensive library of materials, which is available to the users of the program, it is possible to select such materials and textures, which are characteristic for a particular design department (e.g. architecture and construction). In this way, the program adapts to individual user needs. All ready-made elements can be modified - you can also freely modify the created elements. The multitude of functions allows you to create truly unique, functional and great-looking designs - which is undoubtedly a great advantage. Finished files can be transferred to other formats - you can also create your own overlays, because the program has an open architecture. Many companies have already taken advantage of this possibility, adapting it to their needs. Advantages include: Easier navigation when moving the screen. Quick repair of corrupted paths to external files.

Cons: The program takes up a lot of disk space and is quite expensive.

Mirza Č.
AutoCad is easy to operate! in Bosnien und Herzegowina
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD is very easy to use!

Kommentare: First time I got introduced to AutoCAD it was in high school, second grade. Since I went to high school which is specialized for training construction workers I have used many software's for drawing and one of them was AutoCAD, which I found very easy to use. I used it for 2 years in that period of life and it was very amusing for me to find something like that to ease my handwriting , drawing and drafting work with paper, pencils, rulers and divider. I had many different school subjects and most of them required drawing and drafting, so most of my work was done by AutoCAD software using mouse and keyboard. Later on in my life I had a few encounters with AutoCAD in a company that I work for and again it was like riding a bicycle, some things and stuff are just easy to use and remember, for me it was the AutoCAD.

Accuracy and precision with really ease of use, that is exactly what AutoCAD is. With just computer mouse function and a little bit of keyboard usage the things you can draw without holding a pencil and without any need for all that drawing and drafting equipment on your table. Any kind of 2D drawings or 3D modeling drawings you can draw with AutoCAD, which helps you to visualize the objects better and that can be very helpful if you are a architect, construction engineer or a construction worker currently working on a project including building an object or infrastructure. The basic commands like Copy, Mirror, etc. can get your job done in just a few clicks! AutoCAD really saves you a lot of time. Most people would probably be interested in a price of this software and I can say that the price is pretty much good and affordable for a software of this kind, but I think the user should decide that one for it self.

Some add-ons might be hard to install, but not necessarily. File transferring sometimes can be a little difficult especially if files sizes are bigger and because of that sometimes you won't be able to load some of the received documents, so you will have to find a fix for that, but still I did not have many problems of that kind or any other. One more information that could be useful is that AutoCad's files only can be opened with its own extension which is DWG ( I don't know is that a problem for some users or not, but there it is, truth is out there).

Aditya M.
Civil Designer EIT in USA
Tiefbau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

If you can imagine it, AutoCAD can draw it!

Kommentare: I have been using AutoCAD for more than 8 years. I have used it for CAD modeling, drafting, building design and construction detailing. I and my company has always used this program for any construction-related work. We have been using it as step one for creating a base model to be used in the Building Information Modelling process. We use it to develop Revit Model. Use it in Civil 3D for civil design. AutoCAD has always supported our needs.

The freedom that AutoCAD gives you is one of the most important. If I can imagine any drawing/component/part in my head, then AutoCAD can draw it. There is no more easy explanation for it. AutoCAD is the most versatile and compatible software for any engineering problem. It works with Revit, it works with Bentley Suite, it works with Google package, it works with almost all software. AutoCAD is a basic building blocks for drafting, design and engineering analysis.

AutoCAD does not provide full Building Information Modelling compatibility. Its content has only Geometric properties. It does not provide full parametric modeling and add a material characteristic to the model. It is simply a program that draws stuff. No intelligent modeling.

Huynh T.
Huynh T.
CAD Draftsman in Vietnam
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I have used Autocad more than 6 years

As a Cad Draftsman and 3d Designer, I have worked with Autocad in most of the time. It is useful for me to finish my deadline projects, save me a lot of time with the Sheet Set Manager function. When I didn't know about this function, I spent a lot of time to print the drawing files for my company, that's silly of me. I also love the Dynamic block, I really love it. If you didn't know about this Dynamic block function, let's try to discover it and you will see how it saved your life. But I think this function is not easy to use, I have to test it many times whenever I want to create Autocad items for my library. The other function of Autocad that I love is purge function, I don't say about the normal purge function. I want to say about purge function for a large file, it's a big problem when you use the old versions. But if you use Autocad 2013-2014, you need to install AutoCAD_2013_2014_DGN_Hotfix into your computer. Thanks for God, Autocad company combined this function in the new version.

My biggest problem with Autocad is Dimension function in Layout. When I did dimension in layout, the value was often changed automatically, for example from 250mm to 250,000mm. I didn't know why? I tried to many times to find out the reason, but I didn't succeed. Many people have the same problem like me. We really got stuck. If someone knows how to solve it, please tell me, I really appreciate it. The other problem is print in Model. When I need to print multi-drawing in Model I have to use a script, the Sheet Set Manager only works with Layout.

Mitchell C.
Mitchell C.
Designer in Australien
Kino & Film, Selbstständig

Industry Leader with a Legacy

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: For all its foibles and annoyances Autocad still offers a comprehensive design and drafting solutions for an amazing array of applications. I have had a love/hate with Autocad over the years dealing with its growing pains and Autodesks struggle to meet the many and varied needs of its users. For large scale projects there is still very few products that have the extensibility of Autocad to integrate into modern company quality, workflow and project management systems.

Autocad was the first CAD program I ever used. To give you an idea of the time period, it was before MS Windows existed and we did not have mice! Thus, using Autocad under DOS was all about command line input and scripts. This aspect of Autocad remains unchanged today. There is a huge array of scripts, tools and add-ons for almost every niche application you could imagine. Autocad is essentially the Vanilla of CAD. On it's own its a bit dated and boring, but throw in some specific add-ons for your niche and suddenly its a game changer. In summary, there are many other CAD applications which are based on the foundation that Autocad created and do many things better or faster than Autocad, however, there are none with the level of 3rd party integration, development and scale support that Autocad enjoys.

Autocad suffers from the same issues as does Microsoft Windows. When you have a large long term user base it's hard to innovate without upsetting users who have settled on a certain workflow or script integration. This has left Autocad lagging behind its competition in terms of modelling capability and performance. I find myself using other packages to create 3D models, then exporting the 2D drawings back into Autocad for final drafting and client distribution. Part of the issue is also crossover with products like Inventor and Fusion360. Autocad cannot become too parametrically driven or it will undermine Autodesks other offerings.

George F.
Design Engineer in USA
Tiefbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD Review as a Engineering Undergraduate and a Young Engineer

Kommentare: AutoCAD is tough to pick up and learn, however, this can be said for any modeling software with such immense capabilities. This being said, AutoCAD is my favorite modeling software to use as I have been able to play around with it during college and throughout my internship. I have modeled small buildings to planes, and will continue to use AutoCAD as I believe it is the best modeling software.

With AutoCAD, your mind is the limit for what you can draw, simulate, and model! As an engineering student I used AutoCAD in a couple of my classes to create anything ranging from simple pieces of equipment to an entire Iron Man helmet (I would like to note that making the Iron Man Helmet took a very long time). The precision with AutoCAD always memorizes me, as you can make models that look real within the program. I have used AutoCAD for a few years now (throughout college and through my engineering internships) and still feel as if I have scratched the surface on the immense capabilities of AutoCAD. I highly recommend AutoCAD for any creative person that is looking to get into modeling or any company that is looking to improve their equipment drawings.

I would definitely have to say that AutoCAD has been one of the more difficult software to pick up and learn (take this with a grain of salt though as all modeling software are typically very difficult to learn). AutoCAD provides many tutorials to help you get started, however, these can only take you so far. To become proficient with AutoCAD you need many hours dedicated to playing around with AutoCAD and watching other tutorials. Once you have gotten good at using AutoCAD, you will be able to create almost anything with ease. One last thing to note is that it can be tough to find what exact button you are looking for with the current interface. Other than that, I highly recommend AutoCAD.

Sadaf G.
Sadaf G.
Sustanability Analyst in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD- A powerful tool for drawing and modelling

Kommentare: Work with AutoCAD begins at the conception stage (conceptual design, schematics, design development) through to construction (good for construction and as-built drawings) and completion. I have been using AutoCAD for the last ten years and honestly, I would not trade this software for any other. Our company uses AutoCAD for drafting two-dimensional layouts, editing, developing 3D models as well as using it to import and export to other compatible software such as Revit for BIM and IES for energy modelling respectively. It is a fundamental drafting software that has no competitor in the market, especially for the construction industry. I highly recommend this powerful tool for enhancing the quality of detailed architectural, mechanical, electrical and civil 2D drawings for better implementation on site.

There is no limit to what can be produced with AutoCAD, from architecture, product design, and landscape drawings, from the tiniest to scales to the largest. As an Architect, I feel that mastering this software has been an indispensable skill, and I will be using it for many many years to come. Once you get a hang of it, developing layouts is simple, with a customizable interface and menus. I especially love the Object Snap command that helps me prepare drawings and details that are 100% accurate. Being compatible with a majority of modelling software, exporting CAD drawings is quite straightforward too. There is a plethora of support online as well as provided by Autodesk, if things seem challenging or there is a glitch to fix. The best part is that AutoCAD offers a fully functional free version for students, which is definitely a step in the right direction; not all companies do this.

The price tag associated with AutoCAD is steep, considering designers, architects, and engineers, all use it perpetually. To function without major glitches such as screen freeze, slow processing speed the software needs system rich in memory and RAM. A few commands like Trim and Hatch function slowly if your computer is (in my case) old or short on available RAM. For new users, the entire interface can be quite overwhelming considering the number of commands available for varied functions. I don't really have major issues with the 2D drafting feature, as it is comprehensive, accurate and user-friendly, but somehow the 3D feature isn't the best. In my opinion, there is other software available which can produce exceptional, presentation worthy and realistic 3D renderings as most have their own ray tracing, something that AutoCAD lacks. Additionally, for complex projects, it can be challenging to update sections, elevations, and detail drawings even if there is a minor change in the plan/s. For this purpose especially, I prefer BIM software when working on large and challenging projects.

Andrew Z.
Civil Engineering Technician in USA
Tiefbau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

AutoCAD review

Kommentare: Has revolutionized virtually every engineering field in existence, and even almost single-handedly created an entire new industry: the CAD draftsman. Every draftsman must spend significant time and training specifying a field, but computer drafting is now virtually a career unto itself, almost secondary to the industry it supports. It is and always will be an imperfect tool, but is incredibly powerful and indispensable. There are other worthy competitors... but AutoCAD is the most widespread, and the best.

It is the industry standard - that alone counts for a lot, even though that means we're all contributing to its unofficial monopoly. Extremely powerful, customizeable, available in several specialized versions. It takes a while to learn the extents of what it can do - but that's not a negative, just a byproduct of its complexity. Learning the basics is fairly quick and easy, thanks to its intuitive setup, which has improved over the years.

Well known to be prone to frequent or at least unexpected crashes. Any seasoned AutoCAD user is well-trained to save work constantly. One brilliant tool Autodesk employed to help combat this is to save data across several separate files for any one drawing/project - that way if one of them becomes corrupt, it can be diagnosed, excised, and hopefully recreated. But again, any experienced user is accustomed to the frustration of occasionally losing hours of work and spending hours more investigating, backtracking, and rebuilding. It is also extremely expensive, which really cannot be avoided considering the vast and complex programming that goes into it, and also due to the security and monitoring necessary in today's ease of electronic pirating; this is a shame, because while in earlier decades it was perhaps expensive but not always prohibitively so, a novice can no longer attain a home copy to use/learn at their leisure.

Leon C.
Leon C.
IT Recruiter in Venezuela
Kunst & Handwerk, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Versatility mixed with complexity.

Kommentare: As complex as AutoCad is, learning how to use it is a very rewarding experience when you start to achieve sleek designs. Even though it takes time, I cannot really state that my experience is a negative one, for the contrary, the more I learn, the more excited I get. AutoCad's difficulty is very well balanced out with the quality you are able to achieve within the software, and the wide possibilities it offers. Becoming an expert is a must have for many fields, it will surely open many doors.

To state an opinion of AutoCad being as objective as you can is clearly a challenge, because it is very versatile software, with distinctive functionalities that adapt to many industries, but I will give it a try: AutoCad has one of the most extensive tools set you can imagine, that allows to draft in a logical sense almost anything you could imagine through the space of your ‘canvas’. From package design, to wire and pipes, props, Architecture, Interior and Industrial design and even Printed Circuit Board designs (Even though there are more efficient softwares for that one). AutoCad is all about precision and logical designs that follow a mathematical pattern, even though it might be catered towards some specific fields, the possibilities are wide and you may find it useful for something you never really imagined that follows a specific rational arrangement, I could basically describe it as a digital technical drawing software with almost no limitations. Once you get a grasp of the most basic tools, it is fairly easy to keep everything neat.

AutoCad is a very complex software, and learning how to use it is not precisely an easy task, sometimes just exploring the tools is not enough. I needed to do a few courses before I was able to get a grasp of it, and I am still far from being an expert. You usually adapt your learning curve towards what you are looking to do, since there is not necessarily a unique way to approach your designs, and the tools logical functionality might feel abstract if you are unable to understand them properly. The uses you can give to the software are as ambiguous as how you use your tools, and it adapts to your needs but at the same time you have to be aware of keeping your designs coherency at all times. I believe they should definitely enhance the printing area configuration; it still gives me a headache every time that I am trying to print a one page designs and I end up printing 4 divided sheets because of a misinterpreted printing setting. You need a high-spec machine if you are planning to design in 3D, it consumes a lot of RAM memory and might slow down or heat up your computer.

Adam H.
Engineer in Kanada
Tiefbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Industry Standard for Drafting and Designing

Kommentare: As I use AutoCAD on a near-daily basis in the engineering field, it has become a tool that is second-nature while drafting and designing. While AutoCAD is an extremely effective tool to help designers and drafters to create drawings that look great and are easy to manipulate, it can struggle to handle heavy project workload with many 3-dimensional objects in one drawing; if you are able to plan and predict what a project will entail, you can plan your drawings accordingly to make sure that there isn't too much content in a single drawing which seems to cause this issue. As a leading tool for engineers, AutoCAD remains an excellent software for drafting and designing.

AutoCAD is a great drafting tool that has some great built-in functions to assist the designer in efficiently designing and drafting engineering projects. The customization in AutoCAD allows for great consistency in drafting by having custom uniform text, styles, and general features (such as pipe networks, pressure networks, and profiles to name a few), though this customization can also be a detriment which I will mention below. The majority of the interface is designed for ease-of-use, having all of the commonly used features in the ribbon and on the taskbar, while retaining the text commands for quickly accessing features for more advanced users. AutoCAD has widespread compatibility in terms of files it is able to import and read, as well as output formats to other drafting softwares. As I use AutoCAD with the Civil 3D add-on, there are some very helpful 3-dimensional tools that make it easy to draft your intended design with ease and the functionality of having various levels of complexity such as 3-dimensional surfaces, 3-dimensional pipe networks, and all of the associated tools (roadway corridors, grading tools, and surface manipulation.) AutoCAD is an industry standard for a reason - it helps the designer to efficiently and effectively complete designs with a wide variety of tools and options.

Though AutoCAD offers some very useful tools, some of these tools are complex and there can be a steep learning curve for new users. The bulk of the issues encountered while using AutoCAD seem to happen on larger complex projects. For larger-scale projects where many different drawings and objects are referenced together, it is important for the user to understand efficient ways to link drawings and AutoCAD objects together to prevent file slow-downs and bloating of project files. The dreaded 'Fatal Error' is also not uncommon when working in larger complex projects, especially when using 3-dimensional functions in the software such as surface grading. As newer versions of the software cause older versions to become obsolete, it is crucial that you stay up-to-date with the newest version of AutoCAD if you are planning on collaborating with external parties or consultants. Ensure the machine you will be using AutoCAD on exceeds the minimum recommended software and hardware requirements, as it can be difficult to efficiently use this software on an under-powered computer.

Soriana A.
Soriana A.
Arquitecto de proyectos in Venezuela

My experience using autocad has been nice. I like the software

Kommentare: The benefits that I obtained with this software was the development of architectural projects in a short time. With good appearance and better image when I'm going to present it to clients.and not only use it for architecture but for my daily tasks, make drawings, figures for my friends, to cut and print graphic design forms. A few days ago I was teaching two people to make lines, polygons, curves in autocad. My two friends loved the tool, and are willing to take a course to explore the program. My two friends want to learn to get a job as an architectural draftsman and work as people for their children.
The tool is very versatile, and friendly to the public. Without a doubt it is one of the best software that they have been able to invent. Every day I am surprised more of the things that I can do in that program. For now the only difficulty has been making 3d modeling with the three-dimensional version of autocad, because I still have trouble knowing which tools I can use and which I can not. Also my computer is not adapted so that the program can work properly and runs out of memory space. In the next few years I hope to get the opportunity to produce more money and install the current version of that year, and learn how to use the 3D tool of this program well. On some occasions I tried to make renders in that program and I have trouble adjusting all the lights. The photographs are dark or unclear. I would like to learn with some autodesk videos about how to manage the program in the right way to get along better in this category.
I feel that in the future the autodesk company will have so many tools integrated into the program that they will not be able to resist, all the companies should have laptops with this program. Not only as a means of work, but as part of your lifestyle. For example, I benefit from doing my work as an architect and other extra jobs that have to do with furniture design. Currently autocad is the only tool with which I develop better. The time that I can spend designing and drawing is infinite, because I have a lot of fun trying out alternatives for clients. In addition you can save them in different formats, and the client can check it from his computer without having to go to my office. We can have long conversations about the different options and autocad lets me keep it comfortably as I want. This is one of the most important tools in the area of design and architecture.

I feel good exploring the tools of the program. Currently I like to use the PlotPDF tool that converts the pdf into lines and makes the drawings can be drawn in a more comfortable way. I am an architect and I recommend the program to all the people who work with me.

What I do not like about the program is that in each new version I do not know the added functions. The autodesk company should have an indicator with notifications indicating the new tools and commands that were added. In addition to that the steps to test the new commands. I would like to start a new version of AutoCAD with new tools notifications and view sample videos within the model.

Luis guillermo G.
Community Manager in Venezuela

AutoCAD is one of the best softwares I've used in my activities as an architecture student and works

The main pro about this software is its precision on drawings, models and any architectural, engineering, urban, mechanical and other kind of projects you need to make on it. You can use it on many work fields due to its versatility and operativity. Another thing that I love about this software is that you can work with archives of another softwares by only importing them, and you can export on another formats too; besides, you can select the year version of its native format so you can work with previous versions of this software, increasing the productivity among colleagues. AutoCAD has been a great support to my academic developement, and I'm seriously thinking about using this program in my professional practice; I would strongly reccommend it to those who are students of architecture, engineering, industrial and interior design and another careers. This software has been the best choice since I've tried it for the first time. It's a must on any construction and design company. Go ahead and use AutoCAD!

One of the things I like least about this software is the fact that its interface is a little bit confusing sometimes, and it could be complex too if you misconfigure it; even though there are configuration buttons, sometimes they are confusing or they hide another things and drives you to desperation on how to find some things. So, my recommendation to the software programmers or developers is that they must find a way to make things a bit easier to the users in that matter.

Carlos M.
Docente de Matemáticas in Venezuela
11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent software, I have used it in engineering and architecture for designs, plans and images 2D

Kommentare: The benefits I have received with this software have been: Being an engineer, he worked in the engineering area, especially in the area of civil engineering and architecture; I am dedicated, mostly to elaborate housing plans, as well as land location. It saves me a lot of time, because it allows to make modifications before printing, which I could not do manually, also, when the floor plans are the same, this can create copies and make the electrical, mechanical drawings without having to do the plan again. Also, since many planes are the same, those pieces can be copied from one plane to another, details that are required. You can rotate the plane, do 3D, change line thicknesses, color, add plants, vehicles to create the final design environment. It allows me to work from my house, and send the plans by mail at no cost. Previously, I had to print and mail physical plans or CDs. Make the details, at the scale of your preference and with all your minimum accessories. The presentation of the plans are of higher quality and precision and reliability. Also used to make figures for billboards, designed billboards with real dimensions. You can export and import images between softwares.

The experience I have with the Autocad is with the preparation of floor plans, facades and housing location. It has been very easy to handle with geometric figures, lines, arcs, circles, triangles; also allows to change the thickness, lengthen or cut the lines or edges of the figures, fill figures with solid colors or textures. It allows me to make the plans on a scale and print it with another scale greater or less than the one designed. Also, it allows drawing with details of sanitary pieces, hydraulic and electricity equipment. It makes presentations in 2d and 3d which gives an overview of the real design of the house, piece or equipment inside and outside. In addition, you can work multiple windows, copy images from one window to another, copy images from different files, you can export documents, tables and images from other software.

From this software it is difficult for me to work with different windows, and to select the printing area, for that I adjust the properties of the printer, which makes the printing slower. In addition, I find it difficult to work in three-dimensional planes. In this case, I make two plans one of the floor and another with cuts that show the heights of the walls or facades. It requires computers and monitors with higher requirements, for large plans plotters are needed; however, the plans can be adjusted to small printers, but the letters and numbers are so small that anyone can not read them.