Über McGraw-Hill Connect

Connect ist eine einfach zu bedienende Lösung zum Hausarbeits- und Lernmanagement, die Lern- und adaptive Tools einbettet, um die Leistungen von Studierenden zu verbessern.

Erfahre mehr über McGraw-Hill Connect

It's functionality and ease of use, especially with a hard-to-teach subject like statistics. It really transforms teaching a quantitative subject, in particular statistics.

It can be difficult to navigate through the tabs at time.

Bewertungen zu McGraw-Hill Connect

3,9
3,7
4,0
3,6

McGraw-Hill Connect hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 171 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du McGraw-Hill Connect bereits verwendet?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Medical Student in Grenada
Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic resource with a lot of hidden gems.

Overall, it is a highly valuable resource for both students and instructors alike. It allows users to have remote access to the text that is used in the classroom if they are not able to access a copy of the textbook. There are also multimedia resources and quizzes available for some texts/resources. I loved using this in some of my university courses.

It can be a little challenging to navigate as a new user. I also think that a lot of instructors are unaware of the full resources that are available to their students. Some of the resources can seem a little “hidden” at first but once you’ve used it a couple of times you can unlock its full potential.

Professor Sarah
Medical Office Administration Program Director/Faculty/Instructor in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Want the best Medical Office - Billing and Coding software - for College students? Look no further..

Kommentare: I am moving as many courses and resource materials to MMGH so I can use Connect in as many classes as possible. I believe all my SP21 courses are set up with MMGH and will be using Connect. They also have a medical office simulation (game) that students can mimic the exact duties and responsibilities they will be doing in the Medical Office in this software and can get grading information on their work and progress. :)

Textbook, Assignments from the textbook, Workbook, Workbook assignments from the workbook are in this software. No need to purchase a printed book and wait to get it. Everything coincides with the text and/or workbook you use from McGraw-Hill. All Instructor resources are right at hand. I can add, change, delete, hide, upload, download almost anything out of or in to Connect.

Getting started process for Instructors. Getting the students, especially the ones that are new to the Medical Office environment, up and running in the first class time. Did not work the first two semesters I used Connect but since then is not so bad. Just big learning curve already and then add having to try and help the students get started was overwhelming.

Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Opinion of Language Course Preptor

Compared to its competitors Connect is falling by the way side. While some of the features are easy, like grading, the cons definitely out weigh the pros.

I have been using McGraw-Hill Connect for six years now in an administrative role, where I create master sites then share them to other teachers and myself. Then as a teacher role, where I assess student learning, create assessments, assign work, and provide feedback. So, as a platform, Connect is OK. A few years ago, its interface was more appealing that many of its competitors, but in the past couple of years, the competitors have really stepped up to make the language learning experience online a more collaborative experience, while Connect has stuck to the bare bones exercises that lack innovation, collaboration, and do not provide a fun experience that would help the students study for intrinsic reasons. Additionally, building the sites every three years when new textbook editions are released is a tedious affair. Moreover, the customer service for students is time consuming that hardly ever produces results.

Garlasco
Digital Marketer in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Creative Approach for Learning

Kommentare: McGraw-Hill has a constant assistance in making the reliable training to business subscribers.

McGraw-Hill helps in managing all the learning, which increases the skills for users.

McGraw-Hill has a diverse training option, and this faces no challenges.

Hannah
Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good, but not great

Kommentare: I like this software a lot. My class uses it 2-3 times a week. There was recently a hiccup that wiped out all of my previous plans, so I'm having to sort through ALL the things again. It's really a pain. They make it easy for kids to log-in via a computer or tablet browser using "simplified log-in". It would be better if they could also use the app with simplified log-in, but as it stands, it's either app w/ complicated log in, or tablet browser with easy log-in. I hear the app is buggy, but I don't really use that because it's easier for first graders to use simplified log-in.

I love the options & diversity of materials included in this software - games, review, lessons, etc. I love that parents/students can access these at home and use them as review.

Deleting things on your planner is the biggest pain - it's all right click here and confirm there. I love all the materials, but there's got to be an easier way to get rid of lessons/activities that you don't want. Also, I really dislike that so many of the activities have almost the same name, even if they're different activities.

Jason
Jason
Real Estate Sales Associate in USA
Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

McGraw-Hill Connect - One of the Better LMS Integrations

Kommentare: MH-Connect, by far, provides the best customer service from my experience.

McGraw-Hill Connect (or MHConnect) provides one of the best LTI integrations with Canvas, our institution's LMS. The MHConnect interfaces allows you to create assignments, quizzes, and exams and then sync them with Canvas. When students participate in these activities, they do so through the MHConnect interface, and then their scores are passed back to the Canvas grade book. We have multiple publisher integrations in our instance of Canvas. McGraw-Hill Connect continuously provides the most stable connection with little need for support. But when we do need support, we're able to resolve things very quickly with an actual person over the phone.

The interface for MHConnect could use a major refresh that includes enhancing the intuitiveness of performing key functions. For example, after creating assignments, quizzes, and exams, it's not immediately apparent that the instructor needs to then deploy those items to Canvas. It's frequently assumed that because their Canvas course is already linked to their MHConnect course, anything created will be automatically synced with Canvas. Also, changing certain settings for a course in MHConnect needs to be better communicated to the instructor.

Anthony
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Test Bank Nightmare

Kommentare: It's made me consider my preference between it and the other side of a 12 gauge slug.

I dislike McGraw-Hill connect very much. It tests on reading comprehension and endurance more so than actual content.

The smart book assignments have a limited amount of concepts covered. Instead of application of class concepts, it is more a test of reading comprehension, and attention span. I do not feel that these need to be a long, and could stand to be more varied. It would be appreciated if the concepts matched up to the quizzes. The homework is much less busy, and multiple attempts have helped me consolidate the correct way to approach certain problems. Again, it suffers from narrow focus on conceptual spread when compared with quizzes.

Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Next generation of textbook-higher education integration; whether you like it or not

Kommentare: It's the future of higher education. It's only going to get better. The question is whether the price will be worth it for what is essentially supplemental features.

Using the McGraw-Hill Connect with an online biochemistry course, I could see that the company took a lot of effort to pack innovative features to not only supplement the paper textbook but to advance what publishers can do for higher education. These advancements include dynamic quizzes, bookmark syncing, supplemental animations for individual topics/chapters, etc. It's really jam-packed with resources that are organized in an intuitive way. It's also a web-based platform. I didn't have any trouble accessing Connect through a PC or Mac which was nice. Customer service replied quickly and intelligently to any issues I had regarding subscription periods and key redemptions.

The cost. I understand a considerable amount of investment is needed to curate and manage these online resources. But as schools are moving toward open source content in response to student backlash against rising textbook prices, it makes it more difficult to swallow an online subscription that will be gone compared to a physical textbook that can be resold. Granted - having the online component is much more convenient and an effective learning tool. But the price needs to come down.

Savannah
Helpdesk in USA
E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Resourceful

Great sources for more student interactions

So many options to choose from overwhelming at times

Joseph
Joseph
Educator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good Textbook for Survey Course

Kommentare: Good experience overall. Customer service very helpful when needed.

Its a textbook, so it will only serve so many purposes in the modern classroom. The map resources are really helpful and the lesson topics are diverse and interesting. Assessments and projects lack depth, but a strong teacher should be able to implement textbook where necessary.

As noted, project ideas and assessments are weak. There are some decent ideas for project based learning, but the educator will have to modify for specific needs. Good

Anna
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

The New Way of Learning

Kommentare: Overall, this product is a great learning tool. It is also more affordable if you do the E-book option with the assignments instead of buying the college textbook and the assignments. You can highlight and take notes on the E-book too. I don't like carry a bunch of heavy books so I always preferred the E-books. The learning tools are great to build your knowledge on the material.

When I first started college years ago before I took time off I really struggled with school and learning. During my last few years of college teaching and learning had changed. My college started implementing Connect with various classes like Accounting, Statistics, Math, Business classes. I am sure there are others but I was in the Business program. With connect you can have homework assignments, online E-book, quizzes, tests to be completed on there. They have study materials like flashcards and practice problems to build your skills. My grades improved tremendously with this supplemental instruction.

The only cons for me was navigating the site. It can be tricky at first but once you utilize the program enough then you get the hang of it. Also the reading assignment sometimes froze on me, but that could be because I was at school using their WiFi and that can be spotty depending on how many students are on it at the same time.

Hannah
Clerical Assistant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Decent tool for class assignments/management

Kommentare: McGraw-Hill Connect is very good for business classes and classes that use numerical data, but not so much for foreign language classes.

I used this when I was taking business classes. The format of how the homework questions are laid out in most classes is easy to follow. I also love how you can get hints or you can click the "book" link and it will take you right to the section of the book that the question pertains to.

The language courses on Connect are not very well-formatted. They will not give you any points if you make a typo which doesn't seem like a very good system. Also, it costs a lot of money, at $110+ per course (which lasts about 4-6 months).

Emma
NA in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Expensive and Keeping Students from paying bills

Kommentare: I hate McGraw-Hill. They are greedy, and their site needs some major updates. Would not use it for your school.

Nothing. Why does higher ed book producers feel the need to capitalize on others? Because they don't care about those using their materials.

Everything. It is outragously expensive and you only get the product for a year at a time. After the year runs out you have to repurchase.

Marissa
Resident Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Top notch study material

This software is probably the best study material to use for a classroom setting. I’m able to have to etext on an app on my phone as well as being able to access it from my desktop. Another thing I liked is the explanations that were given for each problem rather than just the answers being given.

One thing that could be improved is when you click to see the report of a completed assignment it would be simpler if it took you straight to that specific report but instead it takes you a list of all the reports and then you have to find the specific report you want.

anitha
postdoc in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

McGraw-Hill for online teaching

Kommentare: so far I had good experience, highly recommend for online homework and quizzes especially if you are teaching a larger classes.

I like their presentations and assignments, it is very easy to design a quiz and exams using this software. Straight forward to use, it is very helpful to my students and their performance in exams have improved after using McCraw-Hill

software is definitely helpful for students, however the price is little expensive, students often complain about it.

Andrea
student in USA
E-Learning, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The worst software I have ever attempted to use

Kommentare: The worst experience with online learning I have ever been forced to endure. This product fails at every level - especially when held up to other main stream options. Horrible, Terrible, No GOOD- Worst product

I am in my 6th semester of online learning. I have used everything under the sun. This is the worst platform in terms of functionality, accessibility, cost, ease of navigation, speed and buffering, seriously you name it...literally every relevant aspect of the user experience- are ALLL SUBPAR.

I didn't like a single thing about it. It was horrible, I cringe at the thought of giving you scum bags my money. You are not worth my time or effort-

Andrea
Buchhaltung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Not inclusive or accommodating

Kommentare: Customer service employees are not stationed in the United States and have never used the program themselves. Tech support was unable to help with my issues because they just follow a script. You're unable to cut and paste from the text. The reader only works part of the time and always starts back at the beginning of the page if you have to pause. Times out frequently and does not save the place in reading. I can't use external extensions during the program like Read&Write or pull it up in two separate pages. I'm having to purchase a separate copy of the book and since none of my disabilities accomodations work with this program, I'll need to spend twice the time as other students finishing assignments. It's really really awful and should be banned in the United states.

So far nothing it sucks completely there's nothing good I have to say

This program makes it nearly impossible for students with learning disabilities to pass a class.

Kimberly
teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Teacher Directed Reading Tool

Kommentare: McGraw-Hill Connect has been great to use in my classroom.

I have been using this software for around 8 years. I absolutely love it! I have used it in 3rd, 4th and 1st grades. It has enhanced my TDR lessons greatly. The vocabulary games, stories and poems really get my students engaged in the lesson.

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

Stacey
First Grade Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

McGraw-Hill Connect

Kommentare: My students enjoyed the learning experience using this program. This program is full of interactive lessons that cover all objectives and make learning so much fun.

I have loved using this program. My students really enjoy working on our objectives and lessons using this program.

I truly enjoyed every aspect of this program. I have no cons.

Charla
Co/owner in USA
Möbel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

College students must have

This tool is great for online college students, like myself. I have used it for roughly 5 years now. The software allows me to read my textbooks while on the go as well as take any assessments.

I have never had any issues with this software.

Alexandra
Alexandra
Teaching Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Textbook and Homework Source

Kommentare: I really enjoyed using McGraw-Hill for my accounting classes. I would recommend using it as an educational tool.

I was required to buy McGraw Connect to take my accounting homework in college. I also purchased my textbooks on McGraw which provided me useful study materials like flashcards and quizzes. My favorite tool is the interactive textbook that highlights important information.

One problem I had with the interactive textbook were the reminders to take the quiz. It would useful for there to be a way to turn off that notification because it was distracting.

Aaron
Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for Distance Learning!

Kommentare: Once students are in the system, it's really helpful for making content delivery varied from textbook to online.

I like the most that the software will read the lesson out loud to the student while the student follows along. That is really helpful for struggling readers! Also, being able to assign online content directly into Google Classroom is really helpful!

It is very complicated to add and move students and then also as to where they log in. It's really frustrating.

Dana
student in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

bad bad bad

good platform for homework, but it makes it super diffcult to acess your account and they are not nice..

yo0ur customer service is not helpful nor friendly. employ better people

Melany

Easy to use

Kommentare: Overall, was a great learning tool and helped keep me organized/prepared for class.

As a student, McGraw-Hill Connect made it so easy to stay on top of assignments and assigned readings. They display due dates on different interfaces and make the reading more interactive.

the software sometimes had glitches when displaying images. Other than that, everything else ran smoothly.

aly

McGraw Connect student textbook functionality

Kommentare: McGraw-Hill Connect is good for textbooks but with a few tweaks the viewing experience would be great.

The book directory is very good and points you the right way to find the portions you need. Registration is easy and fast.

The book functionality isn't the best. The zoom feature is no good and navigating exercises is not easy or simple.