Über McGraw-Hill Connect

Connect ist eine einfach zu bedienende Lösung zum Hausarbeits- und Lernmanagement, die Lern- und adaptive Tools einbettet, um die Leistungen von Studierenden zu verbessern.

Erfahre mehr über McGraw-Hill Connect

It's functionality and ease of use, especially with a hard-to-teach subject like statistics. It really transforms teaching a quantitative subject, in particular statistics.

It can be difficult to navigate through the tabs at time.

Bewertungen zu McGraw-Hill Connect

3,9
3,7
4,0
3,5

McGraw-Hill Connect hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 170 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du McGraw-Hill Connect bereits verwendet?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Medical Student in Grenada
Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic resource with a lot of hidden gems.

Overall, it is a highly valuable resource for both students and instructors alike. It allows users to have remote access to the text that is used in the classroom if they are not able to access a copy of the textbook. There are also multimedia resources and quizzes available for some texts/resources. I loved using this in some of my university courses.

It can be a little challenging to navigate as a new user. I also think that a lot of instructors are unaware of the full resources that are available to their students. Some of the resources can seem a little “hidden” at first but once you’ve used it a couple of times you can unlock its full potential.

Professor Sarah
Medical Office Administration Program Director/Faculty/Instructor in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Want the best Medical Office - Billing and Coding software - for College students? Look no further..

Kommentare: I am moving as many courses and resource materials to MMGH so I can use Connect in as many classes as possible. I believe all my SP21 courses are set up with MMGH and will be using Connect. They also have a medical office simulation (game) that students can mimic the exact duties and responsibilities they will be doing in the Medical Office in this software and can get grading information on their work and progress. :)

Textbook, Assignments from the textbook, Workbook, Workbook assignments from the workbook are in this software. No need to purchase a printed book and wait to get it. Everything coincides with the text and/or workbook you use from McGraw-Hill. All Instructor resources are right at hand. I can add, change, delete, hide, upload, download almost anything out of or in to Connect.

Getting started process for Instructors. Getting the students, especially the ones that are new to the Medical Office environment, up and running in the first class time. Did not work the first two semesters I used Connect but since then is not so bad. Just big learning curve already and then add having to try and help the students get started was overwhelming.

Anthony
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Test Bank Nightmare

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It's made me consider my preference between it and the other side of a 12 gauge slug.

I dislike McGraw-Hill connect very much. It tests on reading comprehension and endurance more so than actual content.

The smart book assignments have a limited amount of concepts covered. Instead of application of class concepts, it is more a test of reading comprehension, and attention span. I do not feel that these need to be a long, and could stand to be more varied. It would be appreciated if the concepts matched up to the quizzes. The homework is much less busy, and multiple attempts have helped me consolidate the correct way to approach certain problems. Again, it suffers from narrow focus on conceptual spread when compared with quizzes.

Joseph
Joseph
Educator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good Textbook for Survey Course

Kommentare: Good experience overall. Customer service very helpful when needed.

Its a textbook, so it will only serve so many purposes in the modern classroom. The map resources are really helpful and the lesson topics are diverse and interesting. Assessments and projects lack depth, but a strong teacher should be able to implement textbook where necessary.

As noted, project ideas and assessments are weak. There are some decent ideas for project based learning, but the educator will have to modify for specific needs. Good

Hannah
Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good, but not great

Kommentare: I like this software a lot. My class uses it 2-3 times a week. There was recently a hiccup that wiped out all of my previous plans, so I'm having to sort through ALL the things again. It's really a pain. They make it easy for kids to log-in via a computer or tablet browser using "simplified log-in". It would be better if they could also use the app with simplified log-in, but as it stands, it's either app w/ complicated log in, or tablet browser with easy log-in. I hear the app is buggy, but I don't really use that because it's easier for first graders to use simplified log-in.

I love the options & diversity of materials included in this software - games, review, lessons, etc. I love that parents/students can access these at home and use them as review.

Deleting things on your planner is the biggest pain - it's all right click here and confirm there. I love all the materials, but there's got to be an easier way to get rid of lessons/activities that you don't want. Also, I really dislike that so many of the activities have almost the same name, even if they're different activities.

Jason
Jason
Real Estate Sales Associate in USA
Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

McGraw-Hill Connect - One of the Better LMS Integrations

Kommentare: MH-Connect, by far, provides the best customer service from my experience.

McGraw-Hill Connect (or MHConnect) provides one of the best LTI integrations with Canvas, our institution's LMS. The MHConnect interfaces allows you to create assignments, quizzes, and exams and then sync them with Canvas. When students participate in these activities, they do so through the MHConnect interface, and then their scores are passed back to the Canvas grade book. We have multiple publisher integrations in our instance of Canvas. McGraw-Hill Connect continuously provides the most stable connection with little need for support. But when we do need support, we're able to resolve things very quickly with an actual person over the phone.

The interface for MHConnect could use a major refresh that includes enhancing the intuitiveness of performing key functions. For example, after creating assignments, quizzes, and exams, it's not immediately apparent that the instructor needs to then deploy those items to Canvas. It's frequently assumed that because their Canvas course is already linked to their MHConnect course, anything created will be automatically synced with Canvas. Also, changing certain settings for a course in MHConnect needs to be better communicated to the instructor.

Hochschulbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

McGraw-Hill Connect - Enhancing the Learning Experience

Kommentare: My overall experience with McGraw-Hill Connect has been positive. I no longer have to input grades in two different places.

One of the standout features of McGraw-Hill Connect is its ability to provide a wide range of course materials in the platform.

Some aspects of the product can be challenging to use initially. The interface may require some getting use to when link to the lms.

Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Opinion of Language Course Preptor

Compared to its competitors Connect is falling by the way side. While some of the features are easy, like grading, the cons definitely out weigh the pros.

I have been using McGraw-Hill Connect for six years now in an administrative role, where I create master sites then share them to other teachers and myself. Then as a teacher role, where I assess student learning, create assessments, assign work, and provide feedback. So, as a platform, Connect is OK. A few years ago, its interface was more appealing that many of its competitors, but in the past couple of years, the competitors have really stepped up to make the language learning experience online a more collaborative experience, while Connect has stuck to the bare bones exercises that lack innovation, collaboration, and do not provide a fun experience that would help the students study for intrinsic reasons. Additionally, building the sites every three years when new textbook editions are released is a tedious affair. Moreover, the customer service for students is time consuming that hardly ever produces results.

Randy
Bankwesen, Selbstständig

Poor Design

Kommentare: This is a poor experience, and I find it very distracting from learning.

Having the entire textbook, and searching available online.

Very clunky interface. In the first few weeks, I've found that: the Smart Book assignments force students to interact with INCORRECT answers to uncheck them. Not only does this increase the rate of error, but if students answer them like every other test, they will get all the 'incorrect' ones wrong, because they don't select them. The software also (for accounting) presents cumulative problems that build on eachother. However, when you complete one problem, the software fails to show your answers that help you solve the next problem. So the student either has to screenshot the previous problem or go back and forth. This is true for multiple problem sets.

Tasneem
Associate Professor in Saudi-Arabien
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Wide range of learning tools under one platform

1. Simple McGraw-Hill login and access. 2. A step-by-step navigation guide. 3. It is user friendly. 4. It has a personalized approach to building sessions and topics from various learning resources. 5. Making student assignments simple. 6. Day to day follow-up and tracking of student activities. 7. Supervising the slow learners is made easy. 8. Interactive Virtual labs are an attraction. 9. Excellent e-learning tool for students. 10. Assessment questions can be generated automatically based on topics selected and can be imported easily. 11. Instant technical support.

1. It's pricey. 2. Requires internet connection.

Marketing Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

McGraw-Hill Connect - Education in the 21st Century

Kommentare: My overall experience with McGraw-Hill Connect has been positive. I sometimes feel that there are simply too many assignments, too much homework, and far too many quizzes, but at the same time, as a remote student, I'm saving tons of time that would otherwise be spent driving to a campus, and probably learning more in the process.

When I returned to college in 2017 to obtain my MBA, I was surprised how much everything had changed. For starters, I was earning my degree 100% online. This meant lots of e-books and e-learning tools, and both are found through McGraw-Hill Connect. What I like most about this software is that it's easy to get started and easy to maintain progress. The site stores your textbooks, and when you access a textbook, the application remembers where you left off. It's easy to tag and highlight text, sections, and pages. Toggling over to work assignments, you'll find these are easily mapped out so you always know what's due and when it's due (assuming your professor has properly set up the course, of course). I admit I found it all a bit intimidating at first, but now I quite enjoy the many features and functions this learning solution has to offer.

At times, especially when you first being navigating the site, it can be easy to get lost. And this, of course, can be really frustrating when you are on a class deadline. My advice is to navigate the site slowly and learn where everything is stored. A bit of practice will save a lot of headaches in the long run.

Joshua
Senior Network Specialist in USA
Telekommunikation, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Frustrating experience

Kommentare: The experience has been frustrating. McGraw hill's UI and UX is much to be desired. It has led to unnecessary prolonged study sessions and a test of patience for a student that is trying hard to understand the material. I am a student that would like to not have to understand the education platform as well.

McGraw-Hill is aspiring to create an online ecosystem in which a student (such as myself) can learn on a PC/Phone/tablet. That is really cool, and I'm glad I can take my homework with me on my phone, makes it easy to connect and get to work.

The overall feel and experience of using McGraw Hill connects platform is akin to a prison yard. The online book will not let me copy text or use external reading functionality. This prevents me from googling difficult topics or taking notes for my exam with ease. The smartlearn platform is nit picky and incorrect in it's time assessments. An assignment that should take an hour ends up taking 4 because of repeat questions and a failure to move forward. The book we are using has yielded multiple mistakes which makes me (the user) second guess if I have the correct answer or if the book is wrong. I think McGraw Hill is trying hard to keep it's users from propagating the educational material it hosts, which I understand. But I would like to say it does it at the expense of a grad students sanity and patience. Please focus on the UX and UI, because right now it is unenjoyable.

Orestes
Automotive Technician in USA
Automotive, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Exceptional Software

Kommentare: The overall experience that I have with this software is completely positive and what is most important is the fact that we are able to teach our own children.

My wife and I have been using McGraw Hill Connect for our 5th and 6th grader for a few years and this software is outstanding. You can actually teach your children one on one and teach them exactly the way that the educators would do it in school. We use the student edition and the teachers edition and I can truly say, it is very very exceptional, like their grades. It was referred to us by a school administrator when my wife was working in the school, and now I send all my friends and family to their website to at least do a trial period, even for their college aged children. You cannot go wrong with this software.

The only thing that I do not like about this software, is the fact that I did not find out about it sooner. I can only imagine the kind of tools and resources that they have for Pre-K and K children.

Julia
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Interactive textbook increases information retained from reading

Kommentare: Overall I think it helps me understand the material better and I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons!

This software has been used for many of my college courses and it has definitely helped me understand the material from the textbook better than if I were to be reading it on my own. Having the textbook be interactive, with important sections highlighted and questions being asked along the way, forces me to pay more attention and think critically about what I am reading. It also helped make my reading more efficient, because I was aware of what the most important sections were when I was being quizzed.

Sometimes if I just wanted to read the textbook without having the quizzes, or just read at my own pace, little reminders about how I had been reading for awhile and not looked at any of the questions yet could get very annoying. The software is great when you want to be using it but if you are trying to avoid it, it doesn't like not being used.

Erica
n/a in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Very costly for students and if you use the e-book you can't keep any material

Kommentare: bad experiences

this platform can be used to give quizzes and exams to students and for the them to the e-book

expensive and not user friendly a lot of the "practice" don't pertain to the actual reading used by institutions to give tests, when they can utilize their current platforms instead of paying extra

Valamere
Adjunct Instructor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Adaptive Learning with McGraw-Hill Connect

Kommentare: In my Success Strategies course, the Smartbook within McGraw-Hill Connect guides the students' learning to specific, targeted concepts and terms of importance, similar to the role of a teacher. Smartbook has tailored students learning with an individualized and focused approach. This has been helpful in providing supplemental resources and learning to my students.

McGraw-Hill Connect provides students with learning opportunities and meeting them where they are. The learning materials, such as practice assignments, videos, and quizzes, allows students to review the content and adapts to their level of understanding.

For the past couple of years, McGraw-Hill Connect assignment grades does not automatically sync to my Brightspace D2L course, so I have to manually go into McGraw-Hill Connect and force the sync to my course.

Gabrielle
Administrative Support Assistant in USA

Connect

Kommentare: Overall, I like it. It can be a bit expensive, but no more so than a textbook, and it can be used for more than one course (if they use the same textbook).

I love using connect for my classes. The Smartbook feature gives a great introduction to the chapter, and the software allows for a seamless transition between the book and the assignment.

Sometimes, if the settings aren't exactly right, the professors have trouble understanding what the students can and can't see on their end, so there is a bit of a disconnect there.

Kimberly
teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Teacher Directed Reading Tool

Kommentare: McGraw-Hill Connect has been great to use in my classroom.

I have been using this software for around 8 years. I absolutely love it! I have used it in 3rd, 4th and 1st grades. It has enhanced my TDR lessons greatly. The vocabulary games, stories and poems really get my students engaged in the lesson.

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

Stacey
First Grade Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

McGraw-Hill Connect

Kommentare: My students enjoyed the learning experience using this program. This program is full of interactive lessons that cover all objectives and make learning so much fun.

I have loved using this program. My students really enjoy working on our objectives and lessons using this program.

I truly enjoyed every aspect of this program. I have no cons.

Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent for Students

Kommentare: Used this software for 6 years during University Studies, and enjoyed the support it provided to be a successful student.

This software is an excellent tool for online college students.

Getting use to all the functions took a little time, but with a little use, it was easy to follow.

Isaac
Digital marketer and Freelancer in Südafrika
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Straight forward and up to date

Kommentare: I'm a teacher by profession it make my work easier and I'm producing required results.

Communication features is great, and much simpler to use and time saver.

I think this software are up to date according to my experience and I would like to congratulate the programmers behind the scenes that are doing sterling work.

Rusty
Educator in USA
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Integrate your textbook with online learning.

Kommentare: M-H Connect makes it easier for teachers in the digital age to incorporate online learning and physical textbooks. We have been pleased with its functionality.

Online feature align and expand textbook content for students. Makes lesson planning easier for educators. It has many interactives based on your subject.

User interface can feel a bit dated. Adding and connecting textbook licenses can be complicated when adding new students. Some content feels dated depending on your subject.

Karen
teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

McGraw-Hill Connect

Kommentare: I think there are probably some good resources here, but honestly, it's been too tedious for me to make my way through the site to find them.

I have the textbook for my course. Connect is the online platform for students and teachers. My students most often access the online textbook because there is an interactive version that will let them answer questions as they proceed through the chapter.

This software has been very difficult for me to navigate. I've never been formally trained on it and it doesn't seem intuitive for me to figure out. We've had some difficulty getting students logged in to the software as well. The customer service answer is always to have them call or email customer support which is not super helpful from the classroom.

Good for Homework and Extra Work

Kommentare: Good for practice but would be hesitant to use for graded material because of the user error issues.

I use this feature to assign homework or extra practice work to my students. It works for most units and topics.

Some units/topics are difficult when working with McGraw Hill Connect where answers are marked incorrectly or students have difficulty submitting answers in general.

aly

McGraw Connect student textbook functionality

Kommentare: McGraw-Hill Connect is good for textbooks but with a few tweaks the viewing experience would be great.

The book directory is very good and points you the right way to find the portions you need. Registration is easy and fast.

The book functionality isn't the best. The zoom feature is no good and navigating exercises is not easy or simple.