Lemlist makes cold emailing into a personal and fluid experience

Bewertet am 3.4.2018
Brent R.

Kommentare: I have been able to save time on my cold email outreach because of the streamlined process that Lemlist offers. It does everything needed for cold emails, and doesn't try to be everything to everyone. Instead of finding a "jack of all trades" tool, Lemlist has been my "Master of cold email" tool.

Vorteile: I love the simplicity. The "dashboard" is broken down into sections, and each section isn't littered with menus and filters. It's just organized easy from the beginning so the need for the extra complexities is eliminated. That doesn't mean Lemlist is basic in functionality. It just means they have thought it through so you don't have to "figure out" how to use it. The support has also been very responsive, and features have been added regularly since I have been using Lemlist. You can tell that Lemlist is a love for them, which is awesome. I love that you can personalize your emails, and they even let you personalize meme images to include. Though this isn't a feature I'll be using much, it's a great new way of interacting with certain types of contacts. And it adds some personality to cold emails, which are usually, well, pretty cold feeling. Ultimately, Lemlist simplifies and personalizes the cold email process, and doesn't bog you down with the process. It's the easiest cold email outreach tool I've seen, and while it doesn't have every feature in the book, it benefits from having the specifically targeted and streamlined features it does contain.

Nachteile: I would like to see the ability to connect to an SMTP server instead of just Gmail, but with Gmail aliases, I can use any email I want. So I can get around it. But would love to see direct support for SMTP My only wish would be that I wish there were more options for sending followup drip emails. Right now, you can choose a time period to lapse between emails, and you can select whether to end a campaign if somebody clicks. But I would like the ability to send a different email if they click on a link, and a different email if they do nothing. So some branching would be good to see. Or only end a campaign if they click a specific link, or visit a specific page on my site, etc. But other than that, Lemlist does exactly what it is supposed to.

Fantastic outreach tool with the power of personalized images

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Dave C.
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I picked Lemlist up via Lifetime deal site, and wasn’t expecting to use it much. I have been pleasantly surprised on how useful it is and how the product is developing.

Vorteile: The email outreach space is filled with half baked products, but Lemlist really stands out. They were the first that I know of to implement image templates that could be personalized at scale. A few other features that I really love about Lemlist:
- Very active in sharing tips with their community.
- Rapidly developing the platform and have added some impressive features including personalized landing pages.
- Great collection of premade templates.
- Zapier access
- Calendly integration
Highly recommend!

Nachteile: Not much that I don’t like. Lemlist does its job and does it well. My main complaint is a lack of native integrations. I would to have a direct connection with my CRM. Right now Lemlist does offer Zapier access, but that can get expensive quickly.

Completely amazing

Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Lemlist is actually amazing. I've tried 4-5 email platforms before, such as quickmail and others. And... they all do the same thing. But before actually starting to use lemlist, I didn't realize how much of a difference there can be in "how" they do it. This is a short list of lemlist's pros:
- Amazing support. They're lightning fast, human, and actually helpful.
- Amazing stuff within the app that you wouldn't have thought of, like built-in "idiot proof" features that make stuff automatically without you worrying about it.
- The whole experience is FLUID. It's fun. Nothing is clunky about lemlist, as it was in every other app I've used.
- Personalization options are good.
- It's got top-of-the market capabilities, but is priced very reasonably, below many alternatives

Nachteile: None, really, that I have come across. I love this product.

Some Great, Some Frustrating

Bewertet am 20.9.2018
Nate R.
Ops Director
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This is really good for split testing emails. Once you get the hang of it and how the interface works, then it works really nicely, however the learning curve is kinda high. We are currently using to test out subject line conversions and offer responses.

Nachteile: This only works for closed lists - once you upload you list you can add to it, but not really edit it, which is kind of annoying. You also can't add attachments to the campaigns which somewhat limits how much we can test.

Fully Featured with Great Customer Support

Bewertet am 20.5.2019
Raul D.
Marketer
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Lemlist is easy to use, feature rich with great customer support.

Vorteile: Lemlist is a great email software package that keeps on getting better, quickly! They have a Facebook group that they are very responsive in and when they see a good idea, they implement quickly. The head representative shows that he really cares for his customers and aims to build a top notch product. Their articles on how to get the best out of their software are very thorough.

Nachteile: I got a great deal on the software early on from a deal they had when acquiring a user base on Appsumo. That being said, the ROI one can achieve by following the software can far outshine what one would ever pay. That being said, they now have an upgrade to video that I would love to get my mits on, but alas I'm being cheap and refuse to pay the upgrade cost right now as I have software that duplicates that functionality... Okay, that's what I like least. haha. I'm sure it would be more than worth it for user that doesn't have the video capability already.

Great tool for cold emailing and sequence emails

Bewertet am 7.4.2019
Volkan O.
CEO and Founder

Vorteile: It's very simple to use. It has an easily understandable UI. You can add dynamic text to any images that give you an opportunity to use personalised images.

Nachteile: You have one unsubscribe list for all your campaigns. It would be nice to have unsubscribe list for every campaign besides the global one.
If you use an automation tool and the tool adds a contact, you can't change the contact's email address. You have to delete the contact and add it manually.

Lemlist team keeps improving the features

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Follow-ups are a breeze with Lemlist. As a volunteer co-founder of a not for profit. I don't have time nor money for fancy things that add complexity without any returns.
Lemlist is value for money because it saves time creating a follow for people that did not respond the first time.

Vorteile: If you can send an email, you can use Lemlist. There are no complicated options or fancy things that you don't need.

Nachteile: Love everything about Lemlist, including the extremely responsive customer service, and user interface.

Great tool for bringing in business!

Bewertet am 26.10.2019
Hayden L.
Owner/Operator
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Love it. I used to cold email because it was the most affordable way to market, but now I cold email because it actually brings in results.

Vorteile: As a sole proprietor, I get a lot of my business through cold emails. Which used to not be the case. Cold emailing is tricky and usually not that effective, but Lemlist was so helpful in getting results from my cold emails.

Nachteile: The price was a little high for the target audience... generally, people who are cold emailing are just starting out and doing that because, well, it's free to do.

Cold Emailing Made Simple

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
André L.
Professor
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Besides doing it's job really well, it keeps on improving.

Nachteile: Some of the things I had issues with, like rearranging follow ups, have already been tackled!

Awesome Marketing Platform

Bewertet am 18.12.2019
Adam K.
Versicherung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Lemlist holds some exceptional marketing training that really helps to set up your campaigns and also gives you some added value on automation.

Vorteile: I love all of the features that allow you to customize pictures and videos for the customers. Epic idea and great execution.

Nachteile: Pricing: I wish the video plan was cheaper.

decent product, horrible customer service

Bewertet am 1.4.2018
Liz S.
Company Founder

Vorteile: Being able to customize each email is great and has resulted in more responses from cold emails. The tool itself is good and has some nice features - primarily the individual customization

Nachteile: Their knowledge base is lacking detail and primarily just covers the basics of setting up, so you will likely reach out with questions because something isn't working (they did get back to me with a workaround) or isn't clear (like you need to set up Gmail alias but not how they work with the tool - they've since added some detail after my aksing), however, they were extremely rude when I responded that it would have been great if the explaination had been included in the initial article - it now does. Because I didn't set something up completely correct initially (because of the initial lacking detail) I've since had a question about manually removing people from a sequence, they won't respond, I've asked THREE different times, and am running out of time before the next email in the sequence is to be sent, but as I said their customer service is rude and doesn't respond.

Great tool for Email Outreach

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Digital Marketing Manager
Öl & Energie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used dozens of CRMs and email service providers but none are quite as easy and useful for cold email outreach with as many personalization tools. We were struggling with scaling cold email outreach and increases engagement. Lemlist made it possible to quickly create personalized images and messages then upload contact list into email sequences.

Vorteile: Lemlist has the best and easiest to use personalization tools of any email software I have used. It's extremely easy to created personalized images and creative in your emails that boost engagement.

Nachteile: It's relatively new so it's not really large enough to be a stand-alone email service provider like Mail Chimp or the like

Nothing short of AMAZING!

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Josh bernthold, S.
Agency Owner

Kommentare: Simplistic and easy bulk email automation for my outreach and sales campaigns

Vorteile: Constantly trying to improve the software base on customer feedback! They also have helped with thinking "outside the box" on grabbing the attention of people you email with their image templates. Competes with some of the other top email automation and outreach software and I am certain they will be a staple in the industry before too long. Genuinely want to make their product one of the best and don't mind you reaching out to them on their social profiles. What companies want to connect and build lifelong relationships with you on a personal level? So glad I had the opportunity to have Lemlist a part of my marketing and email strategy. Definitely give them a try even if you are using something else at the moment. You just may find you love what they have to offer!

Nachteile: I do not have much bad to say about Lemlist. For a software that is new in the space, they are on track to produce something truely amazing. There are features I could use that are not available as of yet like being able to schedule time blocks when emails can go out. For example, the software sends out emails from 6a-9a and then again at 6p-9p instead of having one huge time block but I am sure something will be in the works before too long.

Great online SAAS to help with my email outreach and prospecting

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Ricardo C.

Kommentare: It does exactly what I need it to in making campaigns while prospecting and allowing me to track everything.

Vorteile: I like how simple and easy it is to use and understand. I have picked it up fast and begun making many campaigns sending emails while it tracks everything and even gives me a history log on what happened such as when the specific recipient opened the email etc. The image templates are good as well as you can send images with the recipient's name in and mass send them while Lemlist changes the name on each of the images. Great customer support should you need them answered any questions I had quickly.

Nachteile: To be fair there is not really any Cons as it does what it says on the tin and more and is reliable and does everything I need it to do. If I had to be super picky I would say it just needs some borders around the sections to better separate the sections inside lemlist but this is not a big deal as once I'm using it I barely notice.

I have only tried it a few times

Bewertet am 12.4.2018
Vojkan C.
Digital Marketing Specialist

Kommentare: None yet.

Vorteile: I've bought it almost exclusively because of its option to send each recipient image with different text over it.

Nachteile: Currently I am using gmass.co (integrates with gmail and sends emails with custom variables from google sheets file) and SEO PowerTools LinkAssistant (sends emails with custom variables from its outreach table) for outreach. I have also used ARP reach and some other software packages extensively in the last few years, so I would say that I am proficient in outreach.
In order to use Lemlist more I need to see three things:
- ability to use my own SMPT server
- editable table with contacts (name, email, other custom variables I might need) which is easy to use (something like a google sheets. It doesn't have to have many options, just editing fields in the table would do). This is needed so that I can easily see list of recipients and add/edit/delete them as necessary
- ability for Lemlist to warn me if I am sending an email to a a contact which I already contacted with the same email template
There are more, I am following your Trello feature request board. All in all, you are on the good path and I am excited about new options. All the Best,
Vojkan

Experience is great. Now I can send multiple customized emails with a few clicks.

Business Manager
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lemlist saves my time, business cost and allows me to be more productive. Also, sending out customized email to my clients is now a breeze, only through Lemlist :-)

Vorteile: Since most of our business clients are based in different geographies all across the globe, scheduling the emails according to client's time zone is a great feature. Also, the cusomized auto follow up helps in saving time, enhancing my work schedule and an increased productivity. Lemlist is an amazing tool for all sales professionals and other ones looking to send out bulk email and that too customized ones.

Nachteile: Initially, I faced a bit of concern while changing the way I worked on my leads through excel and now transitioning over to Lemlist. However, once I moved past that phase, I think Lemlist is seriously helping me save time and business cost.

Great experience for the most part

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Phillip H.

Kommentare: I use this product daily for lead generation in my business. The emails get delivered and opened. Support has been good to work with as well.

Vorteile: I like being able to put personalized graphics in my email. I use it for proof points and third party verification. I can't do that with other similar software.

Nachteile: There is currently no way to unsubscribe somebody manually from a list... you have to actually delete them. This poses a problem when you add new contacts. You don't want to add somebody that has unsubscribed from the list, and when you delete someone there is no record that they have been there... They tell me this feature is currently being worked on. I would also like to see more detailed reporting. I can see cumulative metrics on campaigns, but I would also like to break it down by day and time of day.

Simply Amazing!

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Gary O.
Growth Marketer

Kommentare: A super easy and efficient way to run outreach to Journalists and Guest Posts for my SEO.

Vorteile: World-class founding team, beautiful user interface, and innovative features! Lemlist landed at the same time a few alternatives also launched and Lemlist stood head and shoulders above the competition.

Nachteile: Lack of integrations but I believe they will come soon enough! I am looking forward to seeing Zapier so I can fully automate!

Lemlist is amazing!

Bewertet am 27.12.2018

Kommentare: This solves the business problem of getting open rates and click rates from your emails.
It gives you the ability to present personlized multi media content to your clients.

Vorteile: Lemlist is a super product. It lets people create customized emails and send to their lists.
It is outbound marketing at its finest.
It has a great user interface and the "killer app" part is the images that are customizable for my clients.
It changes the game as far as open rates and click rates!

Nachteile: The changed the name of "Contacts" to "Buddy-to-Be".
While I appreciate the sentiment...it makes the user interface a little more confusing.

Limlist is super powerful saas application which can skyrocket our overall cold emailing & outreach

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Rohin D.
Lead Consultant

Kommentare: I have taken my SEO Outreach to complete new level and its so much helpful too. You can literally see what has clicked, auto follow up etc features are really powerful and interesting.

Vorteile: Pros include that we can drip feed emails, custom tags, reporting and specially tracking. This is so much powerful features every marketer want to get successful in their emailing marketing. Their Zapier integration has taken their platform to the next level now. SUPER POWERFUL STUFF i say. Lastly is the image personalization which can convert things really well.

Nachteile: Well I want to see more features and a little better dashboard where I can add all my emails as like mailshake rather than login via particular email. I mean mailshake UI is little easy to understand in that case.

Perfect tool for sales!

Account Executive
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love the simplicity of the product. It's very useful and get a lot of response thanks to lemlist.

Nachteile: I don't really really like the interface of the design we could have a better user interface and more tools.

Just AMAZING !

Arthur L.
Salesman
Möbel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Simpleness and efficiency

Vorteile: I really like the concept of adding personal pictures. I've already had great feedbacks from my clients about this. Besides Lemlist team is super nice, helpful and open to suggestions.

Nachteile: I would love to have a salesforce integration but they are already working on it (as well as a Zapier integration)

Great for sending customised bulk emails, prospecting and engaging existing contacts

Bewertet am 3.4.2018
Santosh S.
Marketing Manager
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really like the customisation that's built in. I chose Lemlist for our sales team to be able to send bulk prospecting emails and that's resulted in a massive increase in replies.
What I really like most about Lemlist is the feature that checks the validity of email addresses which is missing in most other tools - and this is extremely crucial when prospecting.

Nachteile: - The main downside is a missing integration with Zapier. I see Lemlist as a powerful tool in a growth hacking briefcase and with a missing Zapier integration, this disables our team from doing stuff like like contact form via Zapier to Lemlist.
- Unable to export contacts.
Nothing else.

Excellent email outreach tool! With new features introduced all the time!

Shawn S.
Partner

Kommentare: I think for the price is a great alternative to several other platforms. It still needs to fine tune in order to get to a perfect 10, yet it is close.

Vorteile: Excellent ease of use. The program is straight to the point. Based on its stage, it is a reasonable price. The ability to embed images. Deliverability. Sending with multiple aliases.

Nachteile: Because it is still being built out, you do encounter bugs; granted, the team is very responsive. Two big issues I hope they fix: 1) If someone subscribers, they need to be removed from the list just not the campaign, 2) No way to export lists to save in a doc in order to have prospecting team call people who replied.

cold email with a warm touch!

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Ale. R.
Editor
Zeitung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lemlist is a really cool app for getting new clients with cold email. Is a really nice way to avoid spam people with generic emails and try to get a personal relationship thanks to custom emails. I love the set and forget with automation!

Vorteile: Lemlist is an really nice alternative for classic cold email tool like mailshake Very nice suite with automated features like followups, sequeance, and schedule I like the lemlist because
- trully personalization emails with custom variables
- you can add images personalization for make the email more funny and worm
- you can automate all the process with followups, sequeance, etc
- you can schedule the emails
- zapier integration
- UI is cool!
If you dont have a clue about cold email they save all the pain, and you can do it easily I love they add emails templates. That really help!

Nachteile: I would like Lemlist add more images templates. I would suggest the pricing should be more competitive because there is so many tools at the same price (like mailshake)