UserTesting

Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Joani W.
Executive Assistant
Staatsverwaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been testing with UserTesting for 2+ years. Testing websites and smartphone apps is lots of fun for me, so I typically have a great experience with UserTesting.

Vorteile: Software is very user-friendly. Notifications are provided regularly when tests are available and payment for testing is always on time.

Nachteile: The thing I like least about the software is you have to wait 7 days to be paid for tests you have completed.

UserTesting Review

Bewertet am 28.1.2020
James R.
User Experience Research Analyst
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love it and have recommended it to friends in the same field.

Vorteile: First and foremost their customer service and feedback is beyond anything I have seen. If I run a user test and there is an error not only will they get back to me in real time, they will walk you through what caused the error so you can avoid it in the future.
As for the product itself it took me about a day to feel like a power user, its very intuitive and is such a welcoming UI.

Nachteile: Every once and a while prototypes using adobe XD will cause about 5% of testers to load a prototype that does not work.

Amazing

Bewertet am 29.1.2020
Kane F.
Sr. Experience Designer, DCOM Strategic Design
Einzelhandel, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: How can you build a product or service that meets the needs of your customers... if you never bother to ask those customers what their needs are? UserTesting is a platform that allows you to interact with the people who matter the most -- the people using your product or service -- and gather valuable insights regarding how they feel about what you're building for them. From simple design preference tests to in-depth moderated studies, UserTesting allows you to place the customer where they belong: at the center of everything you do.

Vorteile: This software is EASY to use and has an INCREDIBLY HUGE user pool to pull from. Tests complete within an hour!

Nachteile: Nothing! I love UT and use it every day.

Not Bad, But Needs Work

Bewertet am 26.5.2019
Wilbert M.
Entrepreneur
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall I got what I paid for. It wasn't horrible. Their customer service could use some work though.

Vorteile: I liked that I did get honest feedback about my website from what seemed to be just a regular person. The reviewer was honest and pointed out things that I could do better moving forward and their suggestions actually went into updating my site.

Nachteile: The sound quality of the reviewers mic was a bit staticky. I could hear him just fine, but I would assume if I'm paying for a spoken review, they would ensure that their reviewers actually had quality mics to speak through. It sounded pretty obvious he was just using the mic from his computer.

von UserTesting an 27.5.2019

Thank you Wilbert for your thoughtful review. We will look into the mic quality for the user tester who participated in your study. Quality audio is important and is rarely an issue. We are also happy to address any customer support needs you may have. We hope that you continue to find value in UserTesting with our growing community of customers around the world.

If you are in the market for fast, valuable insights this is for you !

Bewertet am 18.12.2019
Shamraiz G.
Senior ux lead
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Huge pool of users across the globe and especially Canada. This saves me time and I have never had to wait more than a few hours to get my tests back. The users are well informed and provide good feedback, sometimes you get a bad apple but the folks at user testing are more than happy to resolve it for you.

Nachteile: It can be a little hard to board new users. That being said, the community managers are there to guide your new team members and get them started.

von UserTesting an 23.12.2019

Thanks so much for the review, Shamraiz! We really appreciate it! We're also always looking to improve--would love to chat with you about your onboarding experience and see how we can make it better!

Cheers, Lauren

Easy to use and quick turnaround for research

Bewertet am 17.12.2019
Juan C.
UX Researcher
Gastgewerbe, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am helping my designers and product owners get feedback on new concepts, redesigns, or existing products.

Vorteile: The quick turnaround on studies is the best part about Usertesting! I am able to launch a study and get results in a few hours. It is also very flexible, you can bend the platform to your will.

Nachteile: The users on the platform tend to be "professional" testers. Profesional meaning that they do testing so much that you have to screen carefully if you are looking for somebody that is more like your typical user.

von UserTesting an 20.12.2019

Thanks, Juan!
We really appreciate the review!

Great little way to make a few extra $$...if you're sitting at a computer all day!

Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Product Application Specialist

Kommentare: It's a great way to make a bit of pocket money on the side, if you're sitting at your computer for work all day anyway, and have a bit of flexibility to take a 10-20 minute break on essentially no notice. Overall the software itself is really easy to use. Even someone with little IT knowledge could probably figure it out with all the instructions they provide every step of the way.

Vorteile: The software itself is VERY easy to use. It has a lot of walkthrough instructions (even when they put out mandatory new releases and changes are made to the UI). They make it really simple to understand how to use it. Step by step instructions, and the UI is laid out in a very easy-to-use way.

Nachteile: Seems like it must be a resource hog. Every time I use it my fan starts running, the computer seems to heat up a lot, etc.

UserTesting Website Usability Test

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Katrina B.
Website Quality Management Supervisor
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The overall experience was fantastic!

Vorteile: The UserTesting platform is a breeze to use! It's so user friendly, the tests practically write themselves. We submitted a test for 7 participants and had all responses back in less than 45 minutes. The participants provided valuable feedback which we used to improve our website designs and layout.

Nachteile: The price. If it were up to me, we'd definitely use this platform for user testing moving forward, but the price tag made it a tough sell to the higher-ups in my company.

von UserTesting an 16.12.2019

Thank you Katrina! Great to know you're seeing value from fast feedback to humanize customer insights from our remote video research platform. New features are coming in 2020 to make the value ever better. Happy UserTesting!

UserTesting

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Don L.
Teacher
E-Learning, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used this software as the tester. I enjoy providing feedback for companies about their software. By using their software in real time and explaining what i am seeing and what is confusing, I am able to help comanies make their websites and apps more user friendly.

Vorteile: This software allows you to have your target customer try out your website or app. The tester speaks aloud and provides feedback about what they like and dislike about the website or app. It is a great way to get unbiased feedback.

Nachteile: The software works great most of the time. Sometimes during tests, if the tester closes out the screen, the test will not be uploaded.

Get real-life user tests on your interface!

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Andrew H.
Technical Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been a UserTester now for more than 6 months and have greatly enjoyed taking part in the community and helping make sites and products better!

Vorteile: UserTesting is very straightforward and easy to use. Once it's installed on your machine it enables real-life people to interact with your user interface or sitemap. You get real time feedback as testers speak their thoughts out loud as they perform actions. It's very valuable feedback for developers.

Nachteile: I have not found any cons to date...it's excellent!

von UserTesting an 22.7.2019

Thanks for your review, Andrew! Great to hear you confirm how easy to use our platform is to get valuable feedback for developers. It's also great for product managers, marketers and customer experience professionals! :-)

Nice and easy way to get some reward while helping companies

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Localisation Engineer
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like these kind of cooperation websites where you can help companies test their websites and you also get some compensation in return.
With UserTesting, you just need to create an account and you get notified whenever a new testing is available for you.
Sometimes you need to answer some screening questions first to see if you are a match for the test. These questions can be related to where you live or from where you are from, most of the time. If your answers are a match you can then move forward to the test. They are all different, as it will depend on what a given client needs to check. So it can go from browsing the Internet to look for a potential present for your best friend, to trying to find some specific information from a given website.
Your screen is being recorded during the whole process and you need to speak your thoughts out loud so that the client knows what comes to your mind while you are performing the test.
There are no right or wrong answers as it's just what a normal user would do.
If you complete the test successfully (that is you get to the end and the recording and audio are uploaded successfully), then you get paid for it!

Nachteile: Sometimes you don't pass the screening questions, which can be frustrating. :)
Also, since this works as a first-come-first-based basis, it can happen that the test is no longer available when you click on it. Otherwise, the platform works great and I love the idea behind it.

Get the right users easily, but annoyingly

Bewertet am 25.1.2019
UX Researcher
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: User Testing enables me to get in front of the right user provided you're crafty with how you screen your participants. I've used them to conduct usability testing, user interviews, and comparative UI research. It enables me to reach potential users that, for business reasons, I wouldn't have access to in order to conduct user research.

Vorteile: They make it really easy to get the right participants for your studies, mainly because they have such a large panel. Note-taking and tagging is fairly useful.

Nachteile: Their plans come with limits on the number of participants per study, if you want more participants per study you have to pay more. Instead they give you this annoying workaround where you can do an unlimited number of studies, which means you have to send them out in batches and then combine the data later, which can get tedious. When you need to replace a participant for one reason or another they make it a little difficult to accomplish. You have to either give the participant a bad rating or report an issue with the video. For such a common issue you'd think they'd have an option to directly replace a given participant.

Great for quick, on-the-surface feedback and User Testing

Bewertet am 14.3.2019
UX Product Designer
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love it for what it is... A quick way to get test participants in the un-moderated User Test realm. You do gain a lot of insight from being able to just focus on the video recording instead of having to keep track of the recording AND moderating at the same time. You can usually get results back quickly and are able to analyze findings and reiterate quickly because of it.

Vorteile: Generally easy to set up a test. Being able to get participants is very easy and quick. Usually get results and feedback quick because of fast turning candidate pool. The features it comes with can help and the results options and stats are somewhat telling.

Nachteile: Features can be limited for what it is. Politics of pay per test are sometimes what keeps me from not testing here because the value gets decreased if it's something small I need to test(I'm paying more than I'm getting). Results stats are sometimes misleading to an overall picture. The instructions need to be carefully written so that you're not giving instructions that are leading or given on the wrong screen.

Best user testing service I've used

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Senior Manager
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's made A/B testing and getting user feedback on interfaces, prototypes, and other ideas quick, of high quality, and more affordable than doing face-to-face user tests.

Vorteile: The backend is incredibly flexible. You can set up robust, multilevel screeners and target a very specific slice of the testing population. Reviewing responses is smooth and you can do nice things like annotating, bookmarking, etc. at certain points in users' responses.

Nachteile: You do need to be careful when setting up screeners. Once I made a mistake and didn't get the subset of the population I was intending to target, and had to pay for tests that weren't particularly useful. However, that was my mistake so I can't blame the vendor too much for that!

von UserTesting an 7.10.2019

Thank you for your review! We love to hear feedback like this that confirms we're heading in the right direction.

I almost 100% love this program.

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Jenipher L.
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I was super excited to find Usertesting. When I first started a couple years ago, I was able to take a bunch of tests which I was super thankful for.

Nachteile: These days though, it's very hard to even get accepted. And I don't really love that the same test comes up like 10 times. It takes up too much time to sort through dozens of the same test I don't quality for.

von UserTesting an 17.7.2019

Thanks Jenipher for being a valued tester! We love that you're finding UserTesting to be high quality and encourage you to continue providing outstanding feedback like you always do.

Easy Money

Bewertet am 1.12.2018
Lorali S.
Receptionist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software is great all around. It is an opportunity to earn extra income on the side all while giving your opinion about using certain websites. Easy work. Every time I have come across glitches in the software, I have had great experiences with customer support. Fast response and always help solve the issue.

Vorteile: This software is simple to use. It is very self explanatory and I get paid for my opinion about the website I am testing. If you are accepted as a tester, it is well worth your time for short testing sessions that pay at least $10 each.

Nachteile: I wish I had more opportunities for multiple tests a day to ultimately earn more extra income on the side.

My Go To tool for Testing

Bewertet am 31.8.2018
Maria G.
Product Designer
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience has been generally really good and it's my go to tool for testing. The pool of participants is so large, I feel like I'm getting feedback at a faster pace than I would with other tools.

Vorteile: One of the most thrilling parts of this project has been when I've set up a test, added the details of the types of users I'm looking to test, launching it and viewing a live feed of candidates found. There is a sense of excitement involved in this process and I really like that usertesting.com makes that an aspect that I can see.

Nachteile: Not many tools for reviewing the feedback from users. Currently, I can speed up the frame rate and view the sections where my tasks/questions were listed for the participant, but it feels like this is an area that has more potential in terms of tools and features. Setting up a test is seamless, however reviewing it is rather dull. It would be great to see more interactive tools or insights about the participants, or maybe more tips on how to improve the test in the future.

Amazing tool

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Pawel M.
Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Vorteile: You get to test and provide feedback on new and latest applications and websites.

Nachteile: Screen recorder on Android quite often freezes, especially when you have to download an app before start of test. Also lately customer support has been very slow to respond to issues.

Superb platform for getting user feedback.

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Bartosz G.
Mudlogger/Junior data engineer
Öl & Energie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been a participant in their tests. The recording app is light, doesn't affect the performance of user's PC, and the pay is competitive.

Vorteile: Clear and transparent rules and guidelines for their tests. They ask their testers to be as thorough as possible, and I am certain, that the feedback coming to the client is accurate and worth the money.

Nachteile: Literally nothing. They are fair and their UX testing gets the job done.

Great tool for marketing

Bewertet am 7.11.2018

Kommentare: Overall, UserTesting works great for all types of marketing testings and projects. It won't disappoint you.

Vorteile: I use UserTesting's marketing solution to test campaigns (big budget ones) before launching them. For instance, I recently tested a funnel with UserTesting and tweaked it based on the feedback. The best thing about UserTesting is that it gives instant results. You can have campaign tested in less than a day. It is also helpful in improving customer experience on your website, landing page, or app onboarding. You can test pretty much anything as a marketer with UserTesting. They have a huge database of people who are willing to test and give you feedback.

Nachteile: It isn't recommended for time-sensitive marketing campaigns and projects. If you need user feedback on a very narrow campaign with tight scope, you won't find a lot of users and this will delay your project.

It can improve UX tremendously

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Digital Marketing Consultant
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Easy set up and great quality, the insights that you gather from how people really use your site are eye opening. This is a must have for anybody that is experiencing difficulties getting their users to complete tasks or to simply look more professional and understand how to make it easier for users to find the information they need.

Nachteile: There were a number of glitches and it can get a little expensive, but it is worth it for specific problems that you can pin point and need to solve.

Great Extra Income

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Amanda G.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: User Testing is an excellent way to test new products and get paid! I love the extra income and love seeing new websites or apps in the works before they're officially out. It's also a great way to see websites you haven't visited before.

Nachteile: I know that when I told a friend about this software, she was creeped out that you had to be recorded to test. I do understand how this can be a safety concern for potential testers, but I also haven't experienced anything concerning personally.

Giving Feedback in the Best Way

Bewertet am 24.4.2019
Assessment Center Proctor
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Working with UserTesting is a really wonderful experience overall. I enjoy completing the tests and providing my opinion on the prototypes. Some tests can be really short and other tests can be really long. They usually are very good about letting you know how long a test will take.

Vorteile: I really enjoy UserTesting's entire platform. As soon as you come to the home page, you already get a good feeling about the site. UserTesting gives you a chance to make some money by testing different prototypes and websites if your answers to the screener questions match. I really like how the tests are conducted and the entire interface of the platform.

Nachteile: I really don't like how customer support can take a while to get back with you. I think they need a better way to offer support to its users. They could offer a live chat option if the issue is very urgent.

Professional Software, Digital, Banking and more Reviews

Bewertet am 4.8.2018
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: User Testing is high quality, very legitimate, very steady and always have tests that have a decent payout

Vorteile: typically when I sign in to User testing or sent to my email is a current list of test for the reviewer to take. Some of these tests a reviewer may qualify some but not all tests. A test requirement may be Country specific, require a certain User Testing level of experience or other test case requirements.

Nachteile: There are certain tests which are very time consuming and may be difficult to understand all the procedures to follow

wish there was an 11

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Amber C.
Customer Service Representative
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: the ability to pass on the data collected to the employers is huge fro my employer

Vorteile: i am just going to say that User Testing is committed to improvment and innovation.
Since i began using this software i have seen lots of changes impllimented due to the feedback from the testers

Nachteile: not quite worked out all the kinks just yet.