Über R.O.Writer

Die Software R.O. Writer Shop Management hilft Kfz-Reparatur- und Reifengeschäften dabei, intelligenter und schneller zu arbeiten.

Erfahre mehr über R.O.Writer

Easy to use software at first but constantly have issues.

At times getting access to it while out on a road call, customers location, or in a poor internet service area.

Bewertungen zu R.O.Writer

3,9
3,6
3,9
3,5

R.O.Writer hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 83 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Nutzung

Hast du R.O.Writer bereits verwendet?

Erich
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great system for the European repair industry

I pushed for RO Writer when we decided to open our own shop due to the great experience I had at another shop. The system is well built and is VERY customizable so we can build it more to our everyday use. I like the fact that is integrates World Pac as that is our main parts source. My partners have only been working with the system for a few days and already love the overall simplicity of it and how relatively intuitive it is. The scheduler is another great feature so we are able to see what we have at a glance. We also like the training that comes along with getting the program as they make sure that you understand the basics of the system and provide plenty of guidance time and time for any questions. Customer support has been great so far and sales was a great experience as we were only sold what we were looking for and did not feel pressured to get anything we didn't need.

The only real issue we have at the moment with RO Writer is the accounting software integration is provided by a third-party vendor. This requires an additional up front cost and then a monthly fee thereafter so RO Writer can integrate with Quickbooks. It would be nice if RO Writer would offer this integration with the system rather than having a third party vendor, but at the same time RO Writer makes a great product.

Edward
manager in USA

sence 2008

Kommentare: ease of use on a daily basis going paperless increase aro

it is easy to use quick to build a work order with smart oil and smart jobs

the marketing and follow up mod. is hard to nav. would like to see it updated

Paul
IT in

BAD TECH SUPPORT

Good, but uninspired program. Decently easy to learn. Does everything we need it to. Better than paper system we had previously.

Tech support. There are other issues, but the tech support is very bad. Don't get me wrong. The tech support isn't so completely horrible that you will be forced to switch to a different program. It's just good enough that you will probably stay using their program because you don't want to go through with retraining your technofeeb employees on a new system. Let me elaborate on how bad they are: No online knowledgebase. No user forum No email blasts on known issues occurring Calls to tech support have approximately 20% chance of being kicked out of the queue and hung up on because nobody picked up the phone after 5 minutes of waiting. Calls to tech support have a >25% chance of not returning your call. Yes, I really am saying they sometimes do not call me back. Frequency of failure does increase as the severity of the problem decreases. In other words, they've always called me back on critical issues. But on very minor issues, they've failed as much as half the time to call me back. Calls to tech support rarely reach someone who can fix your problem. They almost always have to call you back. Tech support consistently and repeatedly fails to return your system environment back to it's original configuration after remotely logging in. For example: regedit is often left running and UAC is never turned back on before they log out of your system. The second worst problem is lack of user input. There are several areas in the program that work...but require many extra steps that could be reduced with minor coding additions.

Nic
SERVICE WRITER in USA
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

R.O. Writer Tech Support is the best I ever work with.

Kommentare: My shop has been using R.O. Writer almost since its inception--30 years ago?--I've been working with the program through three major versions now and each time has been a leap forward in power, flexibility, and intelligence. We are a single shop with a unique mix of classic and modern cars, and R.O. Writer is flexible enough to accommodate both and all of these...

Tech Support for this program is MIND BOGGLINGLY good! Incredible service, super knowledgeable agents, lightning fast response time to both phone call and emails--agents beyond smart, knowledgeable, and efficient. They take the time every call to fix as much as they possibly can. World Class! I would buy the program on the strength of this support alone.

Interface still looks like it's from 1995, some of the defaults--I'm looking at you scheduler--are oddly mixed in and work oppositely from themselves in different parts of the program. We often end up with appointments on the wrong day, at the wrong time, because people who use the program occasionally get tripped up by the anomalies/inconsistencies.

Keith

RO Writer easy to use

Kommentare: The day to day use of RO Writer has become a natural part of our days.

Very easy to use, integrates with Quickbooks, easy to make labor lines to suite customer complaints, very customizable, has a DVI system that allows techs to attach pictures to RO.; allows text communications between service writers and tech which increase efficiencies. Has text capabilities from Service writer to customer and allows customer to text back for increased approval times; etc.

It is not designed to manage a large inventory (works great on a small inventory)

Dean
All Positions at all times in USA
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Was decent, then bad, then abysmal

Kommentare: 9 years of honeymoon promises, updates, new sales reps, always promises and no delivery. For the last 5 years I averaged over 20 hours per both on tech support calls. That should say enough right there.

Details. You want reports, you got ‘em.

Almost everything else. Just gets worse with each iteration.

Larry
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

RO Writer seen its beter days

Kommentare: It brought me to a new level of business understanding, I have simply out grown this program

It worked great for years, definately contributed to the growth of my biusiness. Once you use it it has some good logic and flow. It was a definate improvement over what i came from.

SUIPPORT, SUPPORT, SUPPORT, to much down time waiting on support. when there is a windows update it kills your license, not everytime and not on every computer. Database corruption wore us out. Spent thousands of dollars in hardware improvement only to find out it was a software issue.

William

Great in 1999

Kommentare: RO Writer is a large improvement over using just paper, but does not measure up to newer platforms and cloud based systems.

The best feature about RO Writer is Smart E-Cat. This is an add on feature, but does more to drag this archaic platform into this century than anything else. That said RO Writer functions as a great shop management system in 1999.

While the program functions it does everything VERY slow. There is also very little customization for most operations.

Kyle
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Ro Writer Survey

RO writer is an easy product to learn, user friendly

That cut and paste is not an option

Mike
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Customer supportless for hard problems

Kommentare: Sad

Had it a long time got used to it hard to quit now

Not intuitive expensive heaven help you if you run into problems

Tom

20 year user and now Im looking for a new system

Kommentare: After 20 years, no updates to impact functionality that really matter to day to day operations, I'm now looking for new systems because of the 2.5X price increase in the monthly fees! I used the tech support maybe average once per YEAR to get the system running again after a windows update and what I was paying before was too expensive for that. Don't pay $10,000 plus and $200 a month to write addresses and vin numbers in a system that gets no new updates, or repairs made to the glitches!

it is functional for operating my business

clunky, slow and navigation is stupid. too many 'features' and repots that are useless. all the time invested into making this software 'better' is just adding useless reports and tracking mechanisms that are meaningless

Aaron

Long Time RO Writer User

Kommentare: The seem to have much better Regional, Field and Phone Support. That is a huge help. ---Thank you

It is user friendly. and has great support. Our Regional and Field Manager has taken the time to make sure that we are aware of all the new features that RO Writer has to offer. We have stayed with RO Writer through thick and thin and very happy that we did. They are adding some really neat features that are taking our shops to new levels.

No cons at this time, they seem to be handling any issues that I have had in years past.

Shawn
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Ro writer covers all your needs

Kommentare: I have used it for 5 years in both of my shops. As an owner I have the data I need even if I'm not at the shop. It has streamlined our flow 10 fold. Love it. Highly recommend it.

Reports are plentiful, repair orders are easy to read, ease of use, and has more than you will use for a shop. Easy to open and process repair orders. Ro touch is the bomb. Awesome product

Theres a lot of stuff to use. But sometimes it just takes time to decide wHt u need to use cor your situation to run your shop profitable and productive

Jennifer

User since 1995

Kommentare: Always a great experience with RO Writer, when we purchased our shop in April RO Writer was one of the first calls we made. All the sales managers have always been more than helpful. My most recent sales manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was exceptional!

The best aspect of RO Writer is the accounting system in it, we are a shop heavy on fleet and this makes my monthly billing MUCH easier!

No complaints at all, we have used RO Writer for over 25 years now.

Joe

Excellent & professional!

Kommentare: From the sales rep Stan helping me out multiple times from one business to another and A.C. Moore being very active in making sure I was taken care of . Two thumbs up and will recommend this to any other shop

User friendly I can almost do anything from selling parts or looking at my inventory this is a go to for any shop

Needs more advertising for sure this will get better in time I’m sure . As for the accounting this isn’t very user friendly even after the training

Ty
STORE MANAGER in USA

Quality Product

Kommentare: Excellent overall

SMART E CAT. Ability to easily look up fluid types

Estimate conversion a bit cumbersome. They could make that easier.

Dot
Sec. in USA

Very helpful

Kommentare: Very easy system to use. When you call rep she take care of you and gives you to the right people to call.

I really like using RO writer. It is very user friendly. I would recommend this system to customers and family and friends.

The only thing I have a con is with inventory. The reports for inventory does not work since the RO has been updated. It dup. parts number on reports.

Gary

12 Years with RO Writer

This product makes us money. Not only in grosses on sales, but on efficiencies. It makes ordering part very easy and you can compare competitors pricing.

Hard to learn, but the best product once you do learn it. The system does lock up from time to time, but easy to restart. Sometimes takes quite a while to get through to customer support.

Alex
Shop owner in USA
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not worth it. Bad customer support.

Kommentare: Constant crashes. When you need a station installed, they do a mediocre job and leave it all half way. Then is an hour or so on hold every time you realize something is wrong.

Lots of reports. Capable of a lot if properly set up.

Hard to implement. Very bad support. They need contracts to keep people stuck with it.

ERIC
owner in USA
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Overly complicated system with NO tech support

Kommentare: Working with r.o writer has been the most difficult part of doing business. constant interuptions in service with NO tech support. Having to wait over 2 weeks for a call back only to have them tell you they have no record of the original call/ problem.

switching to another software. The day we get rid of it

The list is too long. not user friendly.

owner in USA

RO Writer

Kommentare: The reports are a great way to drill down into how the business is doing.

The scheduler, DVI Suite, matrix gives us the ability to maximize each repair order.

The ability of the system alerting us of services that are do since last visit.

Scott
Partner/General Manager in USA

AC is a smart cookie!

RO Writer is easy to use and we love the scheduler. Allows purchases from multiple vendors which allows us to shop pricing as well.

Not a con for RO Writer but some vendors do not always support the smartecat updates which would allow for updated catalogs.

Peter
Business managerr in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Ro writer review

Ro write has good customization and is easy to use

Prompts can get annoying when set incorrectly. There is a lot of clicking for one action

nick
president in USA

Great service

Kommentare: Ive had great experience with RO Writer and their team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
have been extremely easy to work with and always prompt

This system is easy and fast to use and learn

I have no complaints with this system at all

Freddy

Best auto repair software

Kommentare: The best.

Everything, customer support is excellent.

Nothing at everything on here is great.