Freshping (Formerly Insping) Bewertungen

von Freshworks

Über Freshping (Formerly Insping)

Freshping überwacht 50 URLs (Websites) in einminütigen Intervallen und benachrichtigt dich per E-Mail, Slack oder SMS, wenn deine Website nicht erreichbar. All diese Funktionen sind für immer kostenlos.

Erfahre mehr über Freshping (Formerly Insping)

Tomaž B.
Trainer and consultant
  • Bewertet am 26.4.2018

"Happy user for more than 2 years and counting. Good value for the money. Not my first such service."

Kommentare: Peace of mind and not needing to setup and maintain my own such system. I am more than capable of doing it by myself, but being a busy IT expert I can spend my time doing other things instead. I have my virtual servers in several locations so I would be able to replicate many Insping services by myself, but time is money so I try to select where it is best spent.

Vorteile: I used various free and not free monitoring services in the past. While these services were more established and mature at that time they also had way higher (price) entry point. I wanted to start with something that would be less costly while still satisfying my needs. In january 2016 I found Insping to be such service. I started with basic service which worked well and was easy and fast to implement. Soon I went with the paid service, because I needed better time granularity and more sites. Ever since I have been their paying customer. I do not know of any case where there was an actual outage and not receiving a mail in time. I get mails from them on daily or weekly basis, but always for an actual case. So I have a very positive experience with them and are not thinking at all about replacing them in the future. Very cost effective, works well and reliably. Also setting up was not hard to do.

Nachteile: None that I can think of. They are covering my needs with good price/performance ratio and things simply work.

• Bewertet am 26.4.2018
Ján S.
Linux Accordionist
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.5.2020

"Freshping.io helps to keep penguins fresh"

Kommentare: Wonderful and very helpful. Thank you!

Vorteile: That it can also do a TCP check, not just HTTP/HTTPS.

Nachteile: I did not like that I could not find an easy way to change the world region for a bunch of checks at once.

• Bewertet am 6.5.2020
Ed C.
Product Manager
  • Bewertet am 15.8.2019

"Non-existent customer support"

Kommentare: Not a good experience at all. Slow response from support and eventually no communication. How can they expect any business to realistically rely on this service?

Vorteile: On the surface, this product should be good and at a basic level it does work. It's easy to set up checks and there is a reasonable amount of customisation

Nachteile: I was trying the plan above free to see whether it was worth upgrading because there was a check we wanted on a 3rd party site and their SSL isn't configured properly. There is an option to not fail the check on an SSL error but this functionality was 'buggy' (whenever I saved the check it switched SSL monitoring back on). That was fixed once I raised it to their support desk . However, when switched off, the check still failed as the type of SSL error the site was throwing was still picked up. I was assured that this would be fixed and someone would get back to me and they'd extend my trial so I can test properly before making a decision. My last communication with them was 25th July - I've used their 'live' chat (days normally to respond) and also submitted a support ticket, I've chased and nothing, not a single response for 3 weeks

• Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Amith G.
Director, Enterprise Systems Integration
Gastgewerbe, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.5.2019

"Simple and effective"

Kommentare: Mainly trying to monitor uptime, works perfectly for that

Vorteile: Simple, effective UI and product works as it says it will

Nachteile: Extra tools like DNS tracing would be great

• Bewertet am 26.5.2019
Tommy P.
  • Bewertet am 17.5.2018

"Inspring saved us a lot of sales that would have been lost"

Vorteile: The software is 100% hazle free to use and setup - only a few minutes more or less. I find it very stable as I haven't couth any false alarms the past years. To run any webpage without this kind of screening is in my opinion close to a "suicide".

Nachteile: I would like shorter checking intervals. As I am using the free version right now, the checking is set to 5 minutes. (Yes I am using the free version so who can really make any complaints ;)

Bruce B.
Senior Operations Officer
Forschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.2.2019

"Gets you 90% of the way"

Kommentare: Very good. The few support queries I had were answered quickly and the service has never had an outage while I've been using it (~1 year)

Vorteile: The Freshping app is extremely easy to set up and configure. This ease of use is due to the limited configuration options and single UI that is offered. This app has just enough functionality to give you the peace of mind that your online presence is up, as well as the necessary option to create a status page and custom domain.

Nachteile: The ability to set SLOs for the measured endpoints would make the service perfect. Not much of a criticism, though.

• Bewertet am 3.2.2019
Srini S.
Founder & CEO
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.5.2018

"Worked Pretty Well"

Kommentare: Knowing when the site is down

Vorteile: Very fast and reliable. I can have the peace of mind knowing I know when it is down. Weekly reports are also very helpful.

Nachteile: I don't know. I have to think hard. I can't comeup with any. It worked for us as we wanted. No complaints.

• Bewertet am 20.5.2018
Tugberk kaan D.
  • Bewertet am 17.5.2018

"My twitter bot @bot_uptime, which updates status every time server status changes thanks to Insping."

Kommentare: Monitored my server status for almost a year for free.

Vorteile: Web hooks are great, I'm primarily using them to connect my twitter bot @bot_uptime to Insping. Insping reports my server status per 5 minutes and bot also provides information to my bot too. You can see first tweet on Jul 2017, it's been almost a whole year and insping never failed me.

Nachteile: Free tier has 5 minutes intervals, but it's not really a downside. 5 minutes is still generous and pretty good. I can't really say much negative about Insping, everything always worked as expected.

Rahul C.
Senior Android Engineer
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.5.2018

"Insping has been the key to our stability by issuing downtime notifications in a snap "

Vorteile: It's easy to setup and that's all. You get emails when your site is up or down. Also, a monthly health report as well.

Nachteile: Nothing that I've encountered till now. I guess the pricing can be adjusted to a lower one. It's quite simple yet effective.

• Bewertet am 18.5.2018
Camille A.
Business Owner
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2019

"Keeps on informed if my websites are down"

Vorteile: I love Freshping! It keeps me up-to-date with my website's uptime. They have a generous free plan that enables us to add upto 50 tracked sites/servers/ip. They also have integrations available

Nachteile: None, it's so good and free that I do not have any cons with this tool.

• Bewertet am 31.7.2019
James B.
  • Bewertet am 15.5.2018

"Great service and functionality"

Vorteile: Easy to use and set up. The Zapier integration is the best. This is a reliable service that helps us know when there is any downtime. It is great to get an alert when the site goes offline and when it goes back online.

Nachteile: Honestly, I cannot think of anything that I don't like about this product. It appears that they are constantly innovating and improving on a solid platform.

• Bewertet am 15.5.2018
Carlos R.
  • Bewertet am 17.5.2018

"For me is the best way to know my servers are running as expected"

Kommentare: Real time alerts throught Slack. Now all the team know when something happens with the server.

Vorteile: I like the fact is simple to install, just paste the url and thats all. I also like the integration with slack and webhooks, it opens a lot of possibilities.

Nachteile: Being honest, I don't have any important concern about this service. Maybe the interface of the web page could be better, but nothing important.

System and Network Administrator
51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.5.2018

"Monitoring HTTP external services and TCP Service"

Vorteile: The easiest way to do some external check and a clean mail of alert. In my experience I've connected inspring mail to NAGIOS and do active check on email address.

Nachteile: I've not found a set of API to do some active check from our monitoring system, and have a unique monitor system with some sotellite systems like insping

Matheus A.
Web Developer & Server Administration
  • Bewertet am 22.5.2018

"Simple and easy to use."

Vorteile: The internal platform is super easy to use and configure your applications. So that everything is organized and with a friendly interface, I can monitor my servers completely accurately. Besides the interface, in my time of use of the software I do not receive false alarms and I do not have any loss of traffic due to the platform pings with my application.

Nachteile: Incredibly, I have no complaints about the software, but I believe that one feature that should help a lot is the implementation of new types of reports in the system in a way that makes it more accessible.

Musik
  • Bewertet am 25.4.2018

"Insping has always been my priority website monitoring for downtimes, it works perfectly!"

Vorteile: Huge number of checks, very short intervals, a comprehensive integration, super fast support, very reliable and quick with notifications.

Nachteile: Interface could be better and more 'sleek', but I'm all for having first a working service, then a nice looking one!

• Bewertet am 25.4.2018
Part Time 1st Line IT Technician
Automotive
  • Bewertet am 17.5.2018

"Great service to use for monitoring uptime."

Kommentare: Easy monitoring straight to slack which makes it nice and simple to check service uptime.

Vorteile: I like the fact that I can integrate this service in Slack to monitor domain names and server hostnames and be alerted via the Slack mobile app so I can easily pick up alerts and resolve any issue with minimal downtime or before someone alerts me something is down.

Nachteile: I have noticed a couple of false alarms with this system where it says a domain name is not responding but when checking it is up - this could be because I'm on the free plan with a 5 minute check up period.

Head of IT Services
Bibliotheken
  • Bewertet am 22.5.2018

"Insping keeps our several websites well monitored."

Vorteile: Affordable (free!), reliable reports, no false postives. The software just works, and for that, I'm grateful.

Nachteile: None--more frequent checks on the free plan would be nice, but it's probably too much to ask for nothing.

Sr. Enterprise Architect
Lebensmittelproduktion
  • Bewertet am 21.5.2018

"Very easy to setup, especially for a few checks/integrations"

Vorteile: "Check" options are pretty good. The site allows a small amount of groupings of checks into diff categories which can be really convenient - either for environment or workload based checks.

Nachteile: Team management isn't great. An ideal situation would be to have multiple people associated with a team and then RBAC who can move, add, change checks/integrations.

Mat M.
Systems Admin
  • Bewertet am 22.5.2018

"A pleasure to setup and just leave running."

Kommentare: Peace of mind :)

Vorteile: Integration with external tools makes this a breeze to setup and let run - safe in the knowledge that you only have to respond when you get an alert.

Nachteile: Although not a deal breaker - it would be nice to be able to select from a 'local node' from which to perform the up-time ping - this would make the response ms a bit more relevant.

Internet

"Does what it promises"

Vorteile: Monitors multiple websites without a hitch and gets it right every time. No false alarms just a pure job to use.

Nachteile: The dashboard can be a little bit more visually pleasing and most importantly we need an APP getting a notification is much more clear than having to stay checking the emails for alerts.

Mark T.
Digital Architect

"Keeps you in the know"

Kommentare: It keeps me informed as soon as my site goes down and right when it comes back.

Vorteile: It just works! I have been very impressed with how simple the application is. It does its job and does its job well.

Nachteile: I do not have any concerns with this software. It is simple and does its job well. I highly recommend Insping.

Jeff C.
Consultant
  • Bewertet am 24.5.2018

"Insping does exactly what we need - it monitors our site."

Kommentare: I get alerts whenever we have any downtime.

Vorteile: We just have to input a URL and it automatically checks it at the predefined interval. It's literally as easy as that. Once we input it, we don't have to touch it again. I had to actually go back into our account to see what the process was since it's been so long since we set it up.

Nachteile: I wish I could automate some posts and API calls to verify certain endpoints and that they have not regressed.

• Bewertet am 24.5.2018
VP Quality Assurance
Musik, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.5.2018

"Alerting how I wanted it, when I wanted"

Kommentare: Alerting in Slack has been the biggest plus for me so far

Vorteile: I've found insping extremely easy to configure, easy to integrate with Slack, easy to understand alerting for web downtime

Nachteile: Whilst I've been using insping for a while, I haven't encountered any obvious problems with the tool (so far)

Grundare
  • Bewertet am 22.5.2018

"Helping me in my work as a web developer"

Vorteile: Never been any problem. It's nice to be able to concentrate building web pages for my clients. In other words: be able to work without any problems

Nachteile: Missing a API :( I would like to integrate their monitoring tool so that it can be linked to my other business systems.

Henry T.
Tinkerer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 5.7.2019

"Can't comment on large workloads, but reliable for ~20 checks with 1-5 min intervals"

Vorteile: Supports pretty much everything I want for HTTP/HTTPS tests: string match, configurable up/down per response status code, configurable timeouts, SSL expiry warnings etc. Supports the usual basic auth, and has recently added custom headers so it's possible to test endpoints with bearer tokens and the like. Can't speak to the websocket support, but TCP & ICMP ping tests work fine in my experience.

Nachteile: I'm waiting for them to add JSON parsing support; being able to inspect a response payload without string matching hacks would be the cherry on top.

• Bewertet am 5.7.2019