Über Buildxact

Buildxact ist eine einfach zu bedienende Software für das Angebots- und Baumanagement, die speziell für kleine Bau- und Umgestaltungsfirmen entwickelt wurde.

Erfahre mehr über Buildxact

I like the seamless integration between Xero and buildxact.

Some difficulty getting used to all the functions.

Bewertungen zu Buildxact

Buildxact hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 92 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Hast du Buildxact bereits verwendet?

Stephen W.
Project manager in Australien

builder use

Kommentare: We absolutely love Build xact, it's not perfect for my individual desires but it sure does capture my needs in a massive way, we can't imagine operating without it now. there is nothing like being certain on your pricing when negotiating with clients and subbies, it puts you in such a more powerful position and takes away a lot of the stress

I love the take off tools and the ease of generating a quotation, it allows me to get ontop of pricing and take offs and the ability to calculate variations based off of subcontractors m2 rates without waiting for my subbies to get back to me is invaluable. also when entering the line items I love that it can allow me to add in a picture into the specifications so that my client knows exactly what products are included in my quote and it also gives me to option to nominate items as provisional costs or provisional sums at the click of a button further more, I can select if the item is a task in the schedule so I have the ease of generating a gannt chart as i go with little to no down time so when I submit my quote I know exactly how long I need to build.

overall they have captured everything well and the only items I dont like are some of the little bugs that come with developing such a great software such as: 1. I would like a little more functionality in the plan scaling section. 2. The RFQ's tie themselves to line items and can't be adjusted without deleting the RFQ's or overriding them manually 3. All RFQ's have to be tied to a Job, you can't send off rfq's once the project becomes a Job for further item shopping for savings nor can you issue the rfq to subbies without having to mess around with your Quotes and categories. 4. the project cost analysis only seems to work off of purchase orders and work orders, you can't just tally up numbers under line items such as fixings which may require 10=15 receipts so you need to create a purchase order to tally it up. also, you can only issue invoices in the cost plus projects for expenses worn and not preempt expenses which makes it impossible to issue invoices in a pro active manner to get the client paying the bill. 6. The gannt chart lacks the flexibility and function that I am used to from such programs as smart sheet (another great software that we use) 5. It would be great to have it as an app and in the future look at expanding the software to a fully integrated project management software similar to plan grid

Harold O.
Administrative Consultant in USA
Bau, Selbstständig

My Buildxact review

Kommentare: Estimate writing is much easier, and more reliable than previously done. I just tried another software package for 6 weeks. Had thought of making the change on based on monthly Pricing. What I have here may be a bit more per month, but the overall savings on time, reliability, presentation organization, is worth much more.

The ease of Authoring the Quote. Being able to create and add Categories and line items keeps the quotes organized and easy to review. I like my quotes to be presented chronologically as the work will be progressed. The ability to Move categories, and or individual items is great. And simple as this sounds, being able to insert a line where ever I want, is priceless.

I have only used this software for the writing of quotes. After 1.5 years of use, the only shortfall I have is to be able to total out individual items throughout the quote such as labor, materials, equipment.

Jamie K.

JAK Build

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Great after sales services , and follow you up. Always looking to improve and up grade, asking for our thoughts and also testing some new ideas.

The integration with email, suppliers and other products is great. The client Portal is another good add on, you can also make suggestion for up grades

Some better training for the the more experienced users, look a t the schedule side of the program. Some subbies and rated the request quote side of things.

Gary A.

Bx

3 letzten Monat Neu

The set out and ease of use is good. The take off allows for basic functions and calculations. Job control is good

Bx Has some annoying traits Take off is slow when a decent template is used. You have to go in and out of the take off for every item. The program basically shuts down by8:30 , 9pm and is useless. the email functions eg emailing Po's from the system are so unreliable that we don't use them. We save and email from outlook. The client portal is not very good and we are not using it. POs cant be ordered by supplier which is very annoying. Invoices get scrambled if you try to move the order.

Bruce G.
Bau, Selbstständig

Buildxact - Estimating Game Changer

Kommentare: Estimates are so much quicker. I have been an estimator for over 20years and this system makes my job so much easier and faster.

The digital take-off is by far the best part of this software in my opinion. When linked to Recipes I can complete a full estimate far quicker then I ever have using other systems. Very easy to use and set up.

It woud be great if you could have a report while still in estimating stage of all Cost Centres with Recipes allocated, not being able to add more than one item at a time is a pain.

vor 3 Monaten

Thanks for such great feedback Bruce!

George S.
General Manager in Neuseeland
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Continually Evolving

Kommentare: It has been a great product to help our company grow and is continually evolving and improving, the customer support is excellent.
It was a little learning curve at the being but is definitely a case of short term pain for long term gain

It has systemised our quoting process, which speeds up our quote time, which leaves more time for project management and sales. We can produce extremely professional quotes now which include all the products we have allowed for so the clients and my team know exactly what they are getting

Integration with building suppliers in NZ isn't available yet but I believe this will come in due time. The client portal is quite cumbersome and I don't like the fact that we don't have control over this once it's set up. Manual inputting of supplier invoices can take some time The scheduling tool can be a bit of a pain to use and doesn't look very nice, an upgrade to this would be great

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for the feedback George.

Craig J.
Director/Builder/Electrician in Australien

Buildxact Review

Kommentare: Two thumbs up! It has significantly increased my productivity through decreasing the estimation and job management process. I spend less time in the office and more time on the tools and having a clod beer after a hard day!

Buildxact is a simple but powerful estimating and job management tool. It has basic CRM functionality that enables the management of leads within the program. The ease take off tool is simple and when combined with the recipes makes the complex quite easy. Building recipes is easy to do and the supplied videos quide you through the process. The other huge time saver is the integration of the software with supplier catalogues. I don't spend anywhere near as much time manually entering items and prices and they are now always up to date.

There is nothing really diffcult withe the program. If they could improve one thing it is the ability to truly customise the quote cover in a simple manner. The advanced editing feature is a little too complex and even with the help of one of the trainers we couldn't get it to jump through the hoops we wanted. The cover still looks a million bucks - I would just like to tweak it a little more than the system allows.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for the review Craig.

Peter B.
General Manager in Australien

Buildxact Review

Kommentare: Better platform than previous systems used, however is lacking in some areas

Cloud based system, modern system with a lot of potential to improve functionality. Really easy to measure and take off from plans

Communication regarding feedback on features to improve the system is lacking. It appears the easy features may be addressed while the harder ones are ignored. Cutting lists are not a current feature. Cannot put in future prices rises effective on a certain date

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for sharing your Buildxact feedback.

Anthony D.
Business Manager in Australien

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It has some great features and functionality, but with time they will become more polished and more sophisticated to really shine to builders and then to clients.

The layout and options with the proposal template, professional looking

As exploded recipes are not available at estimating stage, it has not saved me as much time as I had anticipated.

Daniel M.

Estimating made easy

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Assist with providing professional tenders

I like the seamless integration between Xero and buildxact

Pricing is substantial but well worth it if saving time and winning jobs

Geoff C.
Owner (director) in Australien
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Product Review

Kommentare: I can now keep up with all quotes & take offs, time is saved massively! Not too mention I can attach all my contracts and save all my templates from all my suppliers, I love it!!

Keeping up with all our take offs, sending invoices/quotes etc

No iPhone app, so we can access all costings and other areas that you can from a PC, I have bookmarked the site so I have easy access to some areas of Builxact from my iPhone, that’s the only improvement I can see what will make this software

Leigh N.

Highly recommend

Kommentare: We can easily keep on-top of all variations, invoicing, and schedules - also keeping a track of job costs via purchase orders has been really beneficial.

Being able to upload all types of plans and the ease of measuring up complex projects.

The Variation forms would be much better if you could list/add 'Actual Cost' items after the variation has been made up. (if something was accidentally missed) Being unable to export screen shots to show trades certain areas of what we have allowed etc.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for using Buildxact Leigh!

Luke V.

BuildXact Estimating

Kommentare: Excellent isnt a better package out there to suit my needs

Estimating ease of use, graphical takeoff, template creation

actual calculation functions to assist with cutting lists

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks for the great feedback.

Scott D.

Making Life easier

Kommentare: Could not be happier with BuildXact and get really good feed back from clients and our accountant team

From tracking quotes, to take offs and organizing your quote in a professional way, to sending purchase orders and tracking your project to the cent, BuildXact is by far the best value for money estimating/project management software on the market.

The scheduling is a bit clunky in comparison to MS Project

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks for your great feedback.

Joshua D.
Business Owner in Neuseeland

Construction management made easy

I love that i never have to worry "did i send that order or book that tradie?" It is so easy to issue price requests, purchase orders, work orders and program my jobs/subbies and if i ever need to check that a task has been done i have the reassurance that the systems are in place to control all that communication.

The invoicing when completing cost plus projects could have more options and be more customisable.

vor 9 Monaten

Thanks for the great feedback and for using Buildxact.

Richard D.

Build Exact user

Kommentare: Tracking of variations has been extremely useful especially as linked to the invoicing

All the features are useful and relevent

Clearer tracking of progress invoices from contractors and suppliers for part claims

vor 9 Monaten

Hi, thank you for the great feedback and for using Buildxact.

Andrew W.
Office in Australien
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great allrounder that keeps getting better

Kommentare: We are able to generate accurate reports + track the jobs a lot better

Buildxact has all the features we need to run and manage multiple building projects.

Take off function takes a while to get used to

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for the great review!

Min H.
Enquiry ongoing invoices in Neuseeland

Overall good

Kommentare: Very good, would recommend to anyone that in this industry

Software - easy and useful. Service - 5 star services, solves all the issues we have ever.

Sometimes bugs still come out, most them have been resolved, but some we still have to pay attention too.

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for the great feedback.

Barry T.
Owner in Kanada

Buildxact Experience

Kommentare: My overall experience with Buildxact is great.Estimates are Professional and build confidence in your clients. This program will help you win Quotes.

The product was easy to use. Uploading your company logo for branding was easy. This program is backed up by fantastic support which I accessed .

Could have smoother transition between estimate and invoice. Should be in same drop down box. Ex convert current estimate to invoice.

vor 3 Monaten

Great to hear you're enjoying the software so much Barry.

Grant S.

Buildxact

Kommentare: The main benefit is that we can have processes in place to assist us with quoting clients homes

Great software and they are continually improving their service offering. Easy to do take offs and manipulate the software to your individual requirements. The support teams are great, always ready to help you and assist you in getting the most out of the software. They continually run sessions on their updates to ensure you are across them. All of their support are based in Melbourne and Australian owned company which is great for local business.

Their quoting system wasn't ideal at the start however they have just released a newer version and it's great.

vor 9 Monaten

Thanks for the great feedback Grant. Thank you for using Buildxact.

Glenn B.
Builder in Australien

Great work tool

Keeping my jobs costed and follow profit to each job

Nothing to mention, everything works as I need

vor 4 Monaten

Glad you're enjoying the software Glenn!

Steve Y.
Baumaterial, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Ease of use

how easy it is to use, provide digital take off, purchase orders

not a great fan of the schedule, im sure its easy to use as well but never got around to it.

Rolf S.
Building Consultant in Australien
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Reveiw

Kommentare: Overall experiance has been great.

The take offs of plans is very quick and efficient.

cannot change quote template to replicate the rest of the company's documents and formats

vor 4 Monaten

Thanks for the review Rolf.

Jeff F.
Project manager in Australien

Streamlined and revolutionised

Kommentare: We are all now accountable for work now that everything can be traced and accurately recorded. It showed us the holes in our business prior, and we have streamlined all our processes off the back of shifting to BX.

The ease of tracking costs when integrated with Xero has made administering projects ever so simple. To follow a project from conception to completion is priceless.

The profit & loss and work in progress could be a little easier to understand.

vor 9 Monaten

Thanks for the great feedback and for using Buildxact.

Jim M.

Finally I found some suitable software in my 33rd year of building

Kommentare: I am combining many areas into one. I used to write my quote detail for my manager and she would produce the quote on a template - now this is built in. Having invoiced pre-populate in Xero and the Variation process is very handy and a big time saver too.

The video tutorials and the rapid response of the Australian support team

I like Team Gantt how it gives you options to colour code the gantt chart. I used to have all of my carpentry labour a single colour which allowed me at a glance to see if all positions were full each week etc.

vor 3 Monaten

Thanks for such great feedback Jim.