Great choice for small manufacturer

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Ellowyn I.
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Vorteile: Very simple user-interface
Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently
Continual feature upgrades
Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks
Very responsive customer service
Detailed, but not overwhelming

Nachteile: The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly.
There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

Thank you for the feedback!

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

Chris P.
Manufacturing Manager
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

Vorteile: I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

Nachteile: There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

von Katana MRP an 10.9.2019

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Inventory and Sales Simplified

Shawn L.
Owner/ Head of Operations
Lebensmittelproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent. Everything about using Katana has been great. The team there walked me through the product and helped me set it up. They answer questions quickly and personally. The product is as-described and thoroughly game-changing for my business. There is strong value, we have much less waste and mistakes in our ordering now.

Vorteile: I love the deep inventory tracking and that it feels like a modern app. Inventory software is typically painful to use, and Katana is a breeze. I love that Shopify sales are automatically imported and function live with Shopify, so when you fulfil an order in Shopify it automatically fulfils it in Katana. The Quickbooks integration makes generating invoices simple. You only have to do things once when you use Katana, there's no need to fill in the same info in different services over and over. Tracking inventory in Katana in multiple locations, and being able to include the ingredients of each product in the tracking is also a plus.

Nachteile: When creating purchase orders, it can generate a Bill in Quickbooks. This is helpful, however I'd love to be able to create a Purchase Order in QB so that I can simply track them all.

von Katana MRP an 10.9.2019

Glad to hear your feedback on Katana! Let's keep on growing together!

Streamline Any Business With KATANA

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Kyle K.
Luxusgüter & Schmuck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.

Vorteile: The ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it

Nachteile: There is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

von Katana MRP an 9.9.2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Katana for manufacturing

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
David B.
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lots of potential Katana, it a emerging system sure it doesn't have the xero integration in play atm but like my own business Katana is also growing so I like that I have partner with a operating system that going through similar growing pains as we are. if you have a manufacturing process you wish to have better control of I recommend exploring this system.

Vorteile: I have been operating my business using excel, xero, monday.com and email. After searching for a system that could centralise my focus I came across Katana which in essence consolidates all the previous mentioned systems into one interface which saves me a tonne of time. secondly the customer support, I have had a lengthy skype call with Hannes who is a founder of Katana where by he provided a demo session of how the software will be suitable for my business needs. I really valued to the bespoke service which ensured I got off to the right start.

Nachteile: The intergration to Xero is in development but this has been the most noteable con to date, that said Katana is working on this and it should be available shortly

von Katana MRP an 14.11.2019

Thank you David for sharing your experience we are happy to grow with you!

A must for any manufacturing startup

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Lucille S.
Co-Founder
Kosmetik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Katana has been an absolute game changer for our cosmetics manufacturing business. Prior to this, we were using an inventory management system more suited to home crafters. It was woefully inadequate for our needs, but traditional MPR software was too complicated and expensive. Katana offers the perfect balance between powerful, seamless tracking and a user-friendly interface. It saves us hours of planning time each week and has greatly reduced errors. There's no way we'd be able to scale our quickly-growing business without this software.

Vorteile: Intuitive, user-friendly interface and powerful, seamless inventory tracking.

Nachteile: We don't like the per-user pricing model.

von Katana MRP an 30.9.2019

Thank you for showing the love!

Perfect choice for small manufacturing company

Alexander A.
Head of Technology & Logistics
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

Vorteile: + Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used.
+ Price structure. Very affordable for us.
+ Customer support.

Nachteile: - Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

von Katana MRP an 10.9.2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

The software we've been searching for!

Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Alejandro R.
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Katana makes it easy to take our manufacturing to a new level by adding structure that will end up saving time and ultimately saving money.

Vorteile: Easy to use, flows and clear path to implementation.

Nachteile: Would like to see Multi-languages and currency options.

von Katana MRP an 10.10.2019

Thank you for the feedback!

I learned this product by using it; few hints from the online help. I decided on day one to keep it

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Gaz R.
Co-Founder

Kommentare: I can now run my business without spreadsheet hell. I can actually make more product. This is not an exaggeration. I was stressed before using this software. I actually could not work out what I needed to order to satisfy our production demands.

Vorteile: It answers my questions easily, what purchase orders do I need to make to satisfy the orders I have coming in. What should I work on next and when will it be ready for the customer! I can see delays in deliveries and the effect on production. It manages very complex bill of materials for our vast number of products. and it does so with a user experience that is simple and easy.

Nachteile: Where there has been anything I didn't like about the software, I chat instantly to the development team and they listen, they come back to me with an instant work around; then in the longer term they have provided updates that fix the problem. They are an adorable bunch of people and really want to make this work for our busy little workshop.

von Katana MRP an 9.9.2019

Thank you Gaz for all the support!

User friendly inventory and manufacturing management solution for small companies

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Laszlo G.

Vorteile: The best thing about Katana is that you can follow the whole process of manufacturing. We have tried many similar softwares but they usually lack some crucial components in the manufacturing pipeline. The user interface is extremely easy to use, and their customer support is extraordinary, too.

Nachteile: It is quite costly, but it is definitely worth the price.

von Katana MRP an 16.9.2019

Thank you for the kind feedback! We always try to provide more value for money and Katana's features keep evolving in time to make an even better impact on your manufacturing and inventory operations.

Katana is Such a Relief

Christopher B.
Maschinerie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Over the last eight years, I have used a series of inventory programs for my small manufacturing and sales business. It takes a lot to migrate to a new platform and each move was an improvement. But Katana, finally, is exactly what I need. Intuitive, no bells and whistles I don't need, one of my best assets! And the support has been knowledgeable, personable, and available!!

Vorteile: Structures me into best practices with a logical and functional setup. Integrates well with both Shopify and Quickbooks.

Nachteile: I was initially challenged by the new sytem's learning curve.

von Katana MRP an 10.9.2019

Thank you for the reviews and happy to hear we have grown together!

Sell what you make

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Tim W.
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Helps us manage our complicated manufacturing and synch into Shopify to easily manage order fulfilment.

Vorteile: Good setup for small manufacturers who sell what they make on Shopify. Easy to use and they are always improving functionality. Great support.

Nachteile: Poor batch controls at first but they have addressed that mostly.

von Katana MRP an 1.10.2019

Thank you for the feedback! Regarding the batch controls - it's coming very soon!

Loving it so far

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Jennifer S.
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's really helped me run my business and the team is very helpful with any questions and concerns.

Vorteile: I am able to organize the production of my "made to order" orders. I used to just use excel sheets and this is so much easier to use and manage since it imports the orders from shopify!

Nachteile: It's still new so there are some features that are little hard to use and some features I wish it had that it doesn't

von Katana MRP an 1.10.2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are trying to do the most to get you up and running + keep supporting you all the way through your journey with Katana.

Overall great experience with Katana - Available features still need some work but great app overall

Bewertet am 20.3.2018
Henri H.
Non Executive Director
Sport

Kommentare: Supper easy Material and Production planning for our workshop

Vorteile: Very User-friendly and great customer support. The team are clearly hungry to add features and are always willing to listen to user feedback. Gives great Manufacturing planning at a fraction of the cost and complexity of large ERP's

Nachteile: Feature list still needs maturing - especially ability to draw reports, and interface the system with real-world workflows (Example - Ability to export lists, or print MO's)

von Katana MRP an 9.9.2019

Thanks for sharing your experience with Katana!

Katana Mrp is an excellent platform for managing our company warehouse.

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Roberto maurizio P.
Founder & Creative Director

Kommentare: Thanks to Katana I can always manage the materials and products of my warehouse in the best way and keep the purchases and sales under control.

Vorteile: It is easy to learn and to use and in case of need the support is always ready to solve any problem. Absolutely recommended.

Nachteile: It is a young project and therefore some features are to be implemented, but there are no shortcomings that make the platform unusable.

von Katana MRP an 9.9.2019

Thank you for taking the journey to grow together! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Every small manufacturer should give it a try!

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Digital Marketing Specialist
Essen & Trinken, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Katana brought the long-awaited structure to my small manufacturing business. I have not missed a delivery deadline since!

Vorteile: The features that I really like about KATANA:
-A good inventory control
-Visual production schedule
-Automated re-order points
-Great customer support

Nachteile: I can't say that there were any big cons for me. ;)

von Katana MRP an 9.9.2019

Happy to read that you have gained so much from using Katana! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Great piece of software, perfect for small-medium size businesses actually producing stuff

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Co-fondateur
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: lot of time saved, and organizational headaches removed

Vorteile: The team provides awesome support, listens to feedback and act on it fast + the interface is clean and easy to use

Nachteile: Some features are still missing but are due to be released in the coming weeks. But even as it is right now it's already above other offerings.

von Katana MRP an 9.9.2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback and journey with Katana!

Wish we had discovered Katana sooner!

Bewertet am 8.9.2019
Sara N.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great for stock and inventory management, we are not running out of things now that everything is logged into Katana.

Vorteile: It has helped our business dramatically with speed and efficiency, increasing workflow.

Nachteile: That you have to pay extra to add more users.

von Katana MRP an 10.9.2019

Sara, thank you for the great feedback!

helps you keep your business ahead of the game

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
property building superintendent
Hausmeisterservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has taken burden away for me that i didn't even realize i had. My confidence in succeeding is high instead of low

Vorteile: I am shocked at how easy this software was to setup and use, It has been a blessing for taking care of inventory which i was my biggest headache.

Nachteile: I'm a little slow with technology, so it took me a little longer than most to get the hang of despite it's ease of use.

von Katana MRP an 10.9.2019

Thank you a lot and glad to see you have benefitted from our easy onboarding!

I dont understand all the great reviews

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Founder and CEO
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The interface is intuitive. The pricing seems okay.

Nachteile: This software is seriously lacking features. For all those who wrote reviews saying they love the software, I want to know what industry they work in and how they use the app. It doesnt offer very basic features. You can't bulk edit, you literally need to upload an excel sheet if you want to change several products. There are no images for your products. How does it not support images? This is basic database stuff. And currently, you can only manufacture items from one location! Who's rating this software as great?!

von Katana MRP an 30.9.2019

As a fast growing software, we understand the concerns you have with Katana. At our current development speed, all of the mentioned lacking features are made available by the end of this year. Hope you will give us another chance!

Small business production

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Steve C.
Kunststoffe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very helpful customer service.
Could use more features, which I'm told are in development.

Vorteile: Helps organise inventory, BOM and production.

Nachteile: Don't not have enough integration options.

von Katana MRP an 30.9.2019

Thank you for the support!

Fantasic

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Fergus M.
Roaster
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: excellent

Vorteile: easy to use
sync great with all my apps
very helpful customer support

Nachteile: price increase
some minor issues with woocommerce

von Katana MRP an 1.10.2019

Thank you for the fantastic feedback!

Katana ERP is one easy way to go to help with supply chain issues and also, an affordable option!

Bewertet am 14.3.2018
Arturo G.
MR

Kommentare: Save time on supply chain management

Vorteile: The ease of use, the cloud service, the different areas and stuff I can work with related to my supply chain needs (such as the manufacture and supply modules) and the client support

Nachteile: Current lack of export Excel documents and that we can't mass modify elements. I think that also, Quickbooks will be a nice integration and that spanish language may be handy, in the future.

von Katana MRP an 9.9.2019

Thank you for growing with us!

Bewertet am 23.8.2018
Liis L.
Google Adwords Account Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Thank you for the feedback!

Katana MRP is enabling us to manage inventory and the manufacturing process more successfully.

Bewertet am 20.3.2018
Jen C.
N/A

Vorteile: Katana MRP is very user friendly - the visual appearance and layout make it easy to navigate and the Knowledge Base provides clear explanations and help. Customer rep and his team are very responsive to our needs and questions.

Nachteile: Only being able to use a single currency is difficult for us, as we really need to use GBP, USD and Euros.

von Katana MRP an 9.9.2019

Thank you for the honest feedback!