Über Katana Manufacturing ERP

Intelligente Bestandssoftware für skalierende Hersteller. Integration mit Xero, QuickBooks, Shopify und WooCommerce.

Erfahre mehr über Katana Manufacturing ERP

Connects to Shopify and updates automatically. Amazing customer support.

If somebody messed up something, there is no way to go back.

Bewertungen zu Katana Manufacturing ERP

Katana Manufacturing ERP hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 137 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Katana Manufacturing ERP bereits verwendet?

Joshua P.
Joshua P.
Lagerung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best for small manufacturing

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable. Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: DEAR Systems und Odoo

Warum Katana Manufacturing ERP gewählt wurde: ease of use and training of users

Zuvor genutzte Software: DEAR Systems

Rebecca R.
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Intuitive, Fast To Implement, and Beautifully Designed

The user interface is clean and very intuitive, requiring essentially no time to learn. Some of the other MRP solutions we tried were difficult to navigate and use, and training on them would have been labor intensive and costly. Katana is beautifully designed, and the batch-tracking and inventory management is easy to adapt to our business (MRPeasy/ERPAG were very clearly not designed with food manufacturing in mind, so making them even remotely functional for that purpose felt like a bit of a fools errand, whereas Katana just works).

While it is very user-friendly and it has the ability to track batches/lots (which is critical for us), we've had to develop workarounds to make it function the way we need it to -- it doesn't quite handle this the way I would envision it should. There are also some minor time wasters. If there's one simple feature I wish they would change, it's being able to type in the expiration dates rather than having to scroll through the calendar manually to select the correct date. This becomes so onerous when receiving multiple items on a PO and having to manually click through/scroll through the calendar to select the correct date as opposed to simply having a field that allows you to type in the date and move on.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Fishbowl, MRPeasy und ERPAG

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Manufacturing ERP: Katana is a great small business solution that I can easily see growing with us. Fishbowl is cost-prohibitive (and honestly at this point, I'd rather just use Katana). MRPeasy and ERPAG are not as well designed and don't work well as a food industry solution -- they made simple tasks feel like running through a maze. The developers at Katana did a beautiful job of creating something intuitively designed that works well across multiple industries while also making it as clean and aesthetic as it is functional. It's a pleasure to use. I've noticed that they also seem to be regularly implementing improvements and updates, which is awesome. Customer support is friendly and responsive. Highly recommend.

Andre J.
Andre J.
CEO in Kanada
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

There are many shortcomings with this software

2 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Manufacturing process

Ease of use, easy to implement and overall ease of use

Shortcomings, bugs, and ever-changing pricing models

Jocelyn B.
CEO in USA
Kosmetik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best app ever!

I love the simplicity of Katana and the ease of inventory management. This software has saved us so much time and offers way more than other products we looked into. For a small business with lots of moving parts and inventory to manage, Katana makes everything a breeze.

N/a, Katana meets and exceeds all our needs!

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Odoo und Zoho Inventory

Warum Katana Manufacturing ERP gewählt wurde: Zoho was consistently inaccurate and needed to to work with other Zoho products for full functionality.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Zoho Inventory

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Manufacturing ERP: Gave us everything that we needed.

Jared H.
Jared H.
VP Operations in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The MRP system I wish I'd always had

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Katana's awesome, full stop. I've been working with manufacturing businesses for years, and for years I've lamented Xero's relatively weak inventory management system. Two years ago I tried literally every MRP app I could find to plugin to Xero; they were all pretty bad. Along comes Katana, which maybe was around earlier but was "new to me" just this year, and ... wow. Mostly, it Just Works. The Xero integration works seamlessly for bills and sales orders, which speeds AP/AR quite a bit. 90% of the tool's value is outside of Xero though, and I now have a permanently-pinned Katana tab in my browser for tracking everything in the production flow from raw materials purchasing, to production, to sale, to reconciliation of remaining materials and product stock. It's great. Is it perfect? Not quite. They need to do some performance work, as load times are often a little sluggish. Also, it would be nice to see finer-grained automation, and better contact syncing. But overall, I'm delighted.

- It's really easy to use - Makes it easy to track materials on hand, reorder, etc - Calculates margin including labor cost - Xero integration works perfectly - Zapier integration makes it really flexible from an automation standpoint - Really lots of other stuff ... it's truly an excellent product and an outlier in a pretty clunky space.

It can be a little slow, and the contact syncing could be more robust.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: MRPeasy, NetSuite und Zoho Inventory

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Manufacturing ERP: It's easier to use, it's priced right, and it gives you what you need without a bunch of stuff you don't. Perfectly tailored for SMB/SME manufacturers.

Clarke T.
Production Manager in Australien
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Intuitive Software

Kommentare: Overall very positive experience so far. Software is intuitive and simple to look at which is good. Customer service is outstanding, had a session with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] which he suggested and he was very good - and has even followed up with us since.

The software is very intuitive, meaning everything is in a logical space. The flow between areas works well and we love the ability to be able to customise the quote templates now.

Haven't found anything as yet, had a few bugs but they mainly seem to be cache related.

Jason M.
Sales Director/ Owner in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Love the functionality!

This software is very user friendly compared to some other, more detailed programs.

I had some issue with the conversions during the product builds, so I am not sure if you could have multiple conversions for a product.

Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Met our needs at beginning, as needs grew Katana team listened and added features

Kommentare: We maintain about 1500-2000 SKUS and all assemblers work at home. Some do different steps, returning work weekly and then having it distributed to the next person. Giving every MO an actual number has kept every bag of parts and supplies organized. We can track who has it, where it's at in the manufacturing process, etc. Even though we have used Katana since January, it's the last 3 months that it's really proven it's value to us. We do not use it for order fulfillment, just in-house manufacturing. But it's allowed us to prep for holiday season from July forward and stay completely organized and efficient. No more "where-did-it-go" or "how-many-have-we-prepped" frantic moments. We began the year knowing we needed a software that "fit" our company's size and our needs. Katana has proven invaluable for our company this year. We are currently doing our first complete inventory and we hope to add these numbers to Katana in 2020 and continue to improve our efficiency.

The ability to use Resources as a way to assign a specific person to each task so I can see who is working on what step of the manufacturing process and the allotted time they are provided for the task. This year we went from contract labor/paid-per-piece to employees/hourly-wage and Katana has made this a much smoother transition then it could have been. Having both "cost-per-piece" for assembly of items as well as "cost-per-minute" has given us the ability to compare former payment procedures with what to expect per hour from employees.

There are a variety of tasks that were unable to be done when we began using Katana in January 2019 but I am thrilled to say that most of them have been developed. The developers listen and are very attentive to requests, bug reports, and ideas and so despite the fact that some of the features were not available (exporting reports, importing recipes, bulk print MOs/pick lists, etc.) they have added these and the software continues to grow. The next feature I'd love to see is the ability to have a product photo attached to each product that prints out an image with the MO. Also, we have some items "on hold" (not sent to distribution center yet) and we use Resources to specify ONHOLD-BIN221 etc. to know the status of any particular SKU completed. We'd prefer not to use different locations, but rather have the ability to add a couple more "status" options. Either a misc or a custom. For now, everything on hold gets marked BLOCKED status and then the Resource is used to say it's on hold in whatever bin.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for very thorough feedback! Love to have you growing with us!

Deepjyoti N.
CEO in Polen
Unterhaltungselektronik, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Has almost everything we needed

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

The simplicity of the product is what I love the most. Exactly what you need to run manufacturing and inventory.

Pricing, it's quite a lot more than competitors whose products are very close.

Angela P.
Brand Owner in Südkorea
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Ease of usage

5 letzten Monat Neu

Katana's platform is very user friendly with great functionality of inventory management. I especially appreciate it's 'Make to Batch' functionality which allows for users to track pre-produced products and allowing for future drawdowns.

Would be great if we're able to see produced product's inventory at glance based on existing available ingredients

Klaus K.
Management in Deutschland
Maschinerie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

First Impression KATANA - perfect fit for smaller companies which do not need a complex ERP-system

Kommentare: For our requirements, set-up and company size the best we could find and test!
We will manage inventory/warehouse with 5000+ items, handle products with ingredients & operations, edit quotes, generate sales orders and mark received orders as shipped for automated invoice generation in Quickbooks. The cloud-based concept and the reduced complexity combined with an intuitivbe operatzion makes this SW easy to install and to work with if you have a team in different geographic locatioopns (as we have).
Set-up of KATANA is absolutely simple, mostl yself-explanatory and can be done by any "power-user" without need of (expensive) external ERP-consultants.

Handling of inventory, items, products, ingredients, sales orders - all this is handled in a very efficient, clear and easy to use way. Makes the difference compared to many alternative MRP-/ERP-systems. Connector to QuickBooks with automatic trigger for invoices in QB once the products are marked as shipped in KATANA. Connector to Shopify for on-line sale of spare parts. 100% helpful and open minded customer service - very helpful in helping to understand all features and finding the best workflow for specific situations.

There are some functions/features which need improvement, e.g. the customization of documents such as Quotations so every company can generate a set of individual template to serve different areas (machines, spare parts, service,..). 3-5 custom fields for Quotes/Sales Orders/Products would be helpful. Althoug KATANA is intended to be a MRP-system it would be helpful to integrate SERVICE-articles (not only MAKE or BUY articles). This would allow to add a possible service portion to a spare parts quote. Dedicated Delivery Notes (with partial shipments) would be a great feature.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Dynamics 365 und Sage 100cloud

Warum Katana Manufacturing ERP gewählt wurde: Due to a downsizing in manufacturing we decided to look for a faster, more flexible, less complicated MRP-system which is cloud-based and would have good and propven interfaces to a standard accounting SW and to an on-line shop (spare parts).

Zuvor genutzte Software: Dynamics 365 und Sage 100cloud

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Manufacturing ERP: Simplicity with at the same time well covered basic features, ease of use, intuitive, cloud-based.

letztes Jahr

Thank you! Glad you are getting value out of Katana.

Ellowyn I.
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Great choice for small manufacturer

Kommentare: I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Very simple user-interface Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently Continual feature upgrades Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks Very responsive customer service Detailed, but not overwhelming

The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly. There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: ERPAG

Warum Katana Manufacturing ERP gewählt wurde: Odoo is a beautiful all-in-one platform that seemed to be the perfect solution to tying my entire business together. However, it doesn't "play" well with Shopify and social media platforms which both are essential to my business. Any customization requires an extra fee each month plus the cost of the custom 3rd party app. Set up was complicated and when I needed help, I was pressed to pay $10k for a customer service package. For a small business, that's a lot to shell out. If I were a large company and could pay to have it all set up and administered correctly, I'm sure Odoo would be an excellent choice. But for a one-woman show, it was just too much to juggle.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Odoo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Manufacturing ERP: Erpag was about the same price at the time and had a few extra features that I liked (barcode integration for example), but the user interface was just really clunky. It reminded me a lot of my days in 90's Windows. Lots of tabs and block colors. When I added a demo set of data in, it didn't seem too difficult to use, but it just wasn't intuitive to me.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback!

Denis O.
Designer in Deutschland
Druck, Selbstständig

Best MRP/inventory manager for small business

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, I'm very happy with Katana. Even though I run a small business and the price is relatively high for me, it's still well worth it. Adding new orders is quick and simple, but more importantly, I can instantly see if I have all the required resources at hand. Even if I have a few dozen pending orders, their coloured chart makes it so easy to quickly see if there are any issues.

Very easy to use without cluttered interface. This was my biggest selling point when comparing Katana to other similar products. Everything is so well organised and easy to glance over, while still offering nearly everything that I need for myself. I also like that any changes in the inventory are immediately reflected in open orders. This is true for everything that I've used so far; as soon as I make a change in one area, it instantly reflects in all others as well.

I'm missing one feature, but it's more due to the specific nature of my business. It would be great if I could organize my inventory not just by total combined weight, but broken down into individual units as well. For example, if my order requires 500g of plastic in one piece, but I have two separate pieces of 250g each, Katana will show that I have enough resources, even though I can't fill my order since I need one unbroken piece. I've already got in touch with their support about this and they've said my request was put on their wish list, so I'm fairly confident it will eventually get implemented.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for choosing Katana!

Chris P.
Manufacturing Manager in USA
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

Kommentare: Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Brandon K.
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for where we're at right now

Kommentare: We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback!

Rowena J.
Financial Controller in Neuseeland
Möbel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Does everything it says it will

Kommentare: Like Xero, it's simple but powerful - what's not to like about that?! The support is friendly and helpful (despite only being available online) and the training videos are really well presented and easy to follow. A really good software implementation experience.

That may not sound very exciting, but in my experience, it's not always a given that getting the features to work is straightforward. But Katana really is both powerful and yet pretty straightforward, although just BECAUSE it has a lot of facility, I would recommend the investment of a little time in watching some of the training videos, which are excellent. Once I'd done that, it was full steam ahead and everything fell beautifully into place. The integration with Xero was completely straightforward and works like a charm. I know that as we go forward and get more and more information into the system it will provide even more, very valuable information for us.

I have only a couple of really minor niggles; I would prefer to be able to enter dates, rather than having to always pick them off a calendar (for someone who types fast, this slows me down). I'd also like it if when you are "making" a product, if all the components of that product's sub-assembly are available, the software would just go on down the line and automatically make right down to the lowest assembly level. But as I said, these are really minor and would not stop me from wholeheartedly recommending Katana.

Elle R.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Cannot recommend this app enough

Kommentare: Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for the support!

Paul M.
Head of Operations in UK
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very Useful

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The overall experience has been excellent so far. Katana has helped us transition away from using spreadsheets to track our manufacturing operations and really professionalise our processes. It's an integral part of our everyday operations.

Katana has multiple features which have very useful in improving our manufacturing processes. The ability to create recipes for each product has been a huge help for us as we have quite a lot of raw materials in each finished product. The Shop Floor app has been brilliant for us to track production/assembly time more accurately. This has been a great help in pinpointing an accurate cost per unit.

The only aspect that hasn't met our expectations so far has been the batch tracking feature. This is an excellent feature and one that would be so helpful for us. However, we need it to work automatically with our Shopify orders and at the moment sales orders can only be attributed to particular batches if you fulfil them on the Katana dashboard. We need this to happen automatically when our Shopify orders are fulfilled.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Orderhive

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Manufacturing ERP: Katana was much more suited to our needs in terms of the receipt creation features for each product. The interface was also much simpler than the alternative products we considered.

Maureen I.
EVP in USA
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Katana boosted our confidence as new business owners!

Kommentare: Great! Service has been very helpful, and we’ve been able to do everything we need to do. Looking forward to seeing Katana grow and deploy more functions!

Inventory and order management systems were relatively new to us when we started with our company. We evaluated and tested several web-based tools and Katana was by far the most user friendly. The interface is clean and initiative, which helped us to get up and running quickly and confidently.

There are some features and reporting that we would like to have that haven’t been rolled out yet (particularly around customer information) and we spent time tinkering around and then ultimately asking customer support about it. They have been very helpful and we are waiting for the enhancements.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: DEAR Systems, QuickBooks Online Advanced, QuickBooks Desktop Pro, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise und Quickbooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Manufacturing ERP: Ease of use and interface

Dennis F.
Operatons Manager in USA
Konsumgüter, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Exactly What Our Growing Business Needed.

Kommentare: So far, we are really liking hoe easy it was to setup and get running. The inventory management has improved the flow and processes in our company for the better.

Ease of use, support, inventory management features, able to create builds/recipes for products (BOM), ability to upload data using Excel, integration with Quickbooks Online

Cost, certain features do not make sense in the implementation.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Zoho CRM, Fishbowl, QuickBooks Online Advanced, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise und SOS Inventory

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Manufacturing ERP: Ease of use and the features. And it looks good.

Samantha W.
Warehouse Manager in USA

Highly Recommend!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We love it. We use this app to help with our growing business. It has made it so easy to keep up with reordering and be able to manage inventory between two stores! The Katana team makes it so easy to use and offer a lot of help! Highly recommend!

Ease of Use Easy Implementation Customer Service Reorder Options

I wouldn't say this is a con- but we are really excited for the bar code scanning option they plan to roll out in 2021!

letztes Jahr

Thank you for your review! We are excited to have you as a customer.

Danny D.
Operations Manager in Australien
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors

Kommentare: Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

Callee A.
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great for small but growing handmade biz!

Just completed the free 14 day trial of Katana and have now begun a paid subscription. It took a few days and a bit of frustration to manually add all our products, ingredients, recipes, and current pending wholesale orders from outside of shopify, but having the shopify integration helped a lot. We use three different wholesale platforms (Faire, tundra & Abound), none of which offer automated third party integrations, so we knew we’d have to manually input orders and Katana serves that purpose as our centralized dashboard to see what needs to go out, when, from which platform, if we have it in stock, when we can make it, etc. In two weeks, we’ve already seen an increase in production efficiency and decrease in wholesale turnaround times now that EVERYTHING is being tracked in one place. Highly recommend Katana if you’re a maker, it’s never too early to implement automated systems in your biz!

Glitches with accurate purchase prices showing up in overall product list. Described it to customer service and they denied it being a problem. That’s the only problem I’ve encountered so far. Tbh on customer support quality.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Hi! Thank you for your feedback and we'll make sure to work out any glitches that have occurred along the way. Happy making!

David A.

Just what I needed

Kommentare: Overall I have been very pleased. I know have a solid grasp of my inventory and am informed when I need to reorder materials. This has been a real game changer for my business and has allowed us to scale our manufacturing.

Katana integrates with my Shopify Site very easily and makes bundling products on my Shopify so much easier to track. We also make candles and kits in house. Katana makes tracking inventory so much easier allowing me to know without guess or counting my materials how much of any particular object I can produce at any given time.

It would be nice if there were barcodes, but I hear feature is coming soon. It would also be nice if I sell out of an object that is apart of a bundle that it would then make the bundle unavailable on my shopify site. I believe this is also in the works.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: MRPeasy

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Manufacturing ERP: The user interface was much more straight forward. It was robust and comprehensive without being overwhelming.

Antwort von Katana MRP

Thank you for the review! Indeed, both mentioned features are on our roadmap.

Kelsey K.
CEO in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Lifechanging

Kommentare: We make to order and we make to stock. We make standardized products and we also make private label custom products. Katana is the first platform I have found that supports what we do while also being affordable for a new business.

Katana delivers a lot of value. It fully covers my MRP needs while being affordable to a scaling business.

I would also like an option to dropship the products that I make for clients and I don't see a way to do that.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Personica, QuickBooks Commerce und Zendesk

Zuvor genutzte Software: Google Sheets

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Manufacturing ERP: Better functionality for custom made products. More affordable.