Great classroom review tool

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Candace R.
Science Teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is an excellent tool to reinforce content in the classroom. My students love using it. I can also use it to perform both formative and summative assessment that minimizes grading time for me while providing timely feedback.

Vorteile: Flexibility! I have tried out other clicker sets but I like this one best. I can challenge students to think with multiple mark, sequencing, and numerical response styles of questions in each and every question set I write. There is an option for question sets generated by the company and ways to find and share question sets with others but I like to write my own. My students love the game style formats provided within the program and I like the conversations and arguments students have over the content presented in the questions.

Nachteile: Sometimes I have trouble with updates but that is a network administration problem not a software developers problem. It does take a small investment of time to learn how to use the program. I regret that even though I have been using the program for over 10 years, I only know how to use a small portion of the features it has available. I just never have time to explore.

von Qwizdom an 13.9.2019

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Quality of slides and questions is GREAT

Ralph W.
Math teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quality product with great support.

Vorteile: The slides provided for teaching a lesson are thorough and complete. The following quizzes are on target for seeing how learning is coming along.

Nachteile: Using the computer or phone limits the ability to put in fractions and negative numbers at times. This is a problem that has lingered and no solution has been coming. Its a problem. How do you ask questions about probability and cant enter fractions?

von Qwizdom an 2.10.2019

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We work hard to help our customers be successful. I will share your comments with our development team.

Qwizdom in Classroom

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Dina A.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used Qwizdom for many years! It is a great tool for quick formative assessments, as well as, summative.

Vorteile: I love the lessons on various subjects to meet standards. I also love the grading printouts that align with standards. This helps me to identify areas that need attention. My students enjoy the games!

Nachteile: Setting up the remotes is never fun. When I get a new student I have to REDO the entire list so that the student goes in alphabetically. It also does some weird glitches with ID numbers when creating lists.

von Qwizdom an 13.9.2019

On behalf of the Qwizdom team, we appreciate you sharing your feedback. I will check with our support team to see if there is a way to make the process of adding a student easier.

Qwizdom review

Dave B.
Professor of Geosciences
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ability to poll students about concepts to check their level of understanding during the course of discussion

Nachteile: I would like the ability to start a PowerPoint presentation not necessarily at the beginning as I don't always fully complete a presentation during a class. As it stands now I have to "fast forward" to get to the slide I left off with or break a PowerPoint into another presentation to begin on the slide I need. Can we offer the same function as normally offered in PowerPoint but now within the Qwizdom plug-in??
Thanks

von Qwizdom an 2.10.2019

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. I will share your suggestion with our development team. One trick I use when presenting is to right on a slide and then select 'See All Slides.' I can then quickly jump to the needed slide. If you would like more details on this presenting trick, please email me and I would be happy to walk you through it.

Great data capture tool

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Ernest M.
HSSE Advisor
Metallabbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Participant participation and data collection accuracy.

Vorteile: Easy to install and configure to the application and remotes utilized. Great interfacing with PowerPoint.

Nachteile: Sometimes the computer OS's get ahead of the latest version of the software, but the programmers at Qwizdom are quick to put out a patch or new version to deal with any OS changes that might be causing an issue.

von Qwizdom an 13.9.2019

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. As a team we work hard to help our customers be successful. I'm excited to share your comment with the support and development staff.

Actionpoint 360 review

Don M.
7th and 8th greade teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that lessons are already prepared for you.

Nachteile: It has problems working at times and locks up on me.

von Qwizdom an 2.10.2019

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. As a team we work hard to help our customers be successful. I would like to find out more about the issue you mentioned. Can you please send details to support@qwizdom.com or reply to my email?