I can't believe that making diagrams can be so easy.

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Product Designer
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It can be summed in making diagrams has never been easier and the interface is so nice, I just love how easy it has made my work on documenting processes, and user flows. Wonderful product, and you can try it for free, so what are you waiting for?

Vorteile: - Beautiful interface
- Very easy to use: I mean how easy you can connect pieces in a diagram is almost unreal.
- Collaborative and cloud based
- You can create folders to keep your diagrams ordered and easy to find
- Easy to share diagrams, and get feedback in the same file.
- A free tier

Nachteile: I can't think of any, I've been using this software nonstop for the past few months. And it always amazes me how fast you can build diagrams, it has made the task of documenting so easy too. I love it.

Honestly the best

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Senior UX Designer
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Here's an example of one of the times Whimsical saved me: we had a super urgent fix my team needed to make with our software, but everyone kept talking in circles because there were so many different scenarios we needed to account for. I quickly put together a flowchart in Whimsical and sent it out so that everyone could get on the same page. I had to keep updating the diagram, which would have been a huge pain if I were creating a file in Sketch, then exporting it and emailing out each version to everyone. But with Whimsical, I could make all the changes I wanted and anyone with the link could see the latest changes in real time. It made everything so much smoother.

Vorteile: I rarely get this excited about a product, but Whimsical changed my daily workflow. It is so easy to create easy, elegant diagrams and wireframes. And it's even easier to share - just send anyone a link and they'll be able to access the latest version of what you're working on.

Nachteile: I can only think of really minor things, like when I'm trying to comment on someone's diagram, some of the elements are not eligible to have comments added to them (like arrows and text).

Well-oiled flowcharting tool

Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Volodymyr B.
Marketing Content Manager

Kommentare: Whimsical doesn't really offer anything special but it does its job really well.

Vorteile: If you need to do the job nice and easy - Whimsical is a go-to tool. Within a couple of clicks you can make all the stuff you need - wireframe mock, proof of concept, diagrams to back-up your presentation, the list goes on.
It is easy to get into and simple to use.
It is also very good for collaborative projects.

Nachteile: Free trial version features are limited and the full version costs a penny. This may be a huge turn off for those who need this kind of a tool but doesn't have the budget for it.

Quick, easy, uncomplicated mockups

Bewertet am 31.5.2019
UX / Copywriter
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've used it professionally and personally for ux design and writing practice and paid projects.

Vorteile: I LOOOOVE whimsical. It was my first use for ux design and so intuitive I picked it up right away. I use it for both personal use where it's easy and quick for mockups, flowcharts, wireframes, you name it, and for professional use where I can easily share with a client. I pay for the basic version for multiple boards. I find it easily is offset by my earnings. The customer support is also very responsive and friendly :)

Nachteile: Not being able to crop imported images bugs me. Usually this is no problem, but when you're looking to make a mockup for a pre-existing site, this can irk. Please insert this feature! It will only make me love you more.

Create Simple, Beautiful Diagrams Very Quickly

Bewertet am 29.3.2019
Jon C.
CTO

Kommentare: I'm very glad to have found Whimsical. For years, I've been creating simple to moderately-complex architecture and service diagrams using Google Draw. That process has worked, but it's been tedious and unpleasant. I spend more time tinkering with the drawing to make it look good than I do thinking about what I'm diagramming. I found other applications (draw.io, LucidCharts, etc) to have a similar experience. Whimsical has been a breath of fresh air. It provides only the tools I really need, and it looks beautiful by default. It's let me "brainstorm" out diagrams very quickly, which is what I needed: to focus on architecting, not on fiddling with diagrams. The output (PNG, share link, etc) is super convenient to use, and it's a breeze to drop into slides and other documentation. Thanks for the great tool, Whimsical team!

Vorteile: Whimsical is super easy to learn and use, and the diagrams that it produces are beautiful. It feels like very well polished software; it's not quirky or buggy like other solutions. I LOVE the infinite zoom - we can capture an ever-expanding arena of ideas.

Nachteile: I haven't found anything I don't like! It's not very feature rich - but it's not supposed to be.

HUGE Whimsical Fan

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Stephanie B.
Design Manager
Paket- & Frachtlieferung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: What don't I like?! The prototyping is amazing. The sticky notes, the flowcharts, the mind maps--I literally use it all! It's also been incredible in setting up and running my very first 100% remote design sprint, and I've been able to guide the team solely in this product. That's REALLY powerful! I am so impressed. Also love that you can copy and paste elements from different file types into one another. It's so fluid and intuitive. I have not one bad thing to say. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Nachteile: Nothing I dislike, but perhaps one recommendation would be to allow layered file exports into programs like Figma. That would be AMAZINGGGGG!

Easy visual map creation tool

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Marketing Manager
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great experience thus far; looking forward to continued use of Whimsical for future projects.

Vorteile: Whimsical has made it very easy to visually map site architecture, automation flows, and other workflows.

Nachteile: Collaboration in Whimsical is lacking. It would be great to work on a project simultaneously with a team member.

Collaborative visual workspace

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
UX Researcher

Vorteile: I've used Whimsical to do wireframing and journey mapping. It's a pretty basic tool that allows you to create box and line diagrams, and I find it most helpful for mapping out sequences. It's great that you can share and collaborate with others easily on the board, and the boards appear to be pretty infinite.

Nachteile: I haven't had any issues thus far with Whimsical, however I've only used it for pretty basic diagramming tasks.

Amazing and simple wireframing and flowcharts

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Problem Solver¿¿¿¿
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Use for flowcharts and mind mapping, for creative processes like design, both print and web.

Vorteile: Whimsical is possible one of the easiest to use software I've ever used. When I started using it, in under 10 minutes I'd built out an entire flow chart for a website design.

Nachteile: Not much to not like. It would be great if they added branding settings so I wouldn't have to insert my logo and info.

Easiest Wireframing Tool

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
Aryaman M.
Design Consultant
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Using Whimsical is delightful since it helps in focussing on wireframes while also creating work that can be easily shared with clients. I would recommend this to everyone, unless you have a very slow machine.

Vorteile: The wireframing tool is extremely easy to use. It is perfect for both designers and non-designers alike. Due to its simplicity, it forces you to think at a wireframe level. Certain features like no number association with font size, rather a large-medium-small scale help focussing on the larger picture and not dive into visual design. Since its browser based, sharing wireframes with clients is also easy. To get started one gets 4 free projects, which is enough for an individual designer like myself.

Nachteile: Being browser based, its biggest downside is slowing down the computer. It crashes every now and then.

Whimsical is a powerful way for teams to quickly build flow diagrams, and wireframes.

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Jonathan S.
Head of Product Design
Computer-Vernetzung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Whimsical is a powerful piece of software that has allowed our team to quickly online on product direction, UX, overall app flows, and exploring wireframes for future web projects. It is a gem.

Vorteile: Whimsical has a frictionless web interface for creating complex flow diagrams and wireframes. It is a great tool that allows an entire team to quickly work together to align on key deliverables, project direction, and the UX of an app or website.

Nachteile: Whimsical has promised future features like mindmapping and sticky notes, but they have yet to deliver on them. The things they have delivered on work very well with little lag or bugginess.

Great for global design thinking sprints

Bewertet am 5.10.2019
CTO

Kommentare: Whimsical is great for quick and spontaneous design thinking workshops and allows to facilitators to easily manage a team, to e.g. give recommendations or monitor progress.

Vorteile: When hosting a global sprint or hackathon post it’s don’t work. So we started using digital whiteboard applications like Whimsical for quick ideation and documentation. They allow all stakeholders to collaborate and see progress in real-time. Whimsical has also a beautiful interface.

Nachteile: Importing large images often causes the web app to crash. Zooming in when using The drawing pen is unfortunately not very smooth, especially on the iPsd Pro.

UX made easy

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Zachary H.
Product Manager
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I loved the setup of it. As a product manager I was able to jump right in and start making designs. It's very intuitive to use as well and didn't require me to learn a bunch of additional tools.

Nachteile: The price. I was only allows to have 4 boards before they started trying to charge me. In addition, exporting was forcing me to export an entire board rather than just particular elements.

Easy to use and understand

Bewertet am 17.12.2018
Director of Customer Happiness
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Whimsical collaboratively to create flowcharts for teams at all levels at our organization.

Vorteile: I think Whimsical has the easiest UI of any flowcharting software. It's intuitive to get going on it and you don't have to think twice about making lines flow. I like it more than Lucidchart and that's saying a lot.

Nachteile: Every now and then I would fuss with the lines and shapes but that's all I can think of - it's for the most part very easy to use.

Whimsical

Bewertet am 24.4.2019
Camille C.
Communications manager

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to zoom in on my wireframe designs. I also love how you can get a shareable link so people can see the full extent of your design, rather than just a screenshot.

Nachteile: I wish there were more colors available.

Great tool for building out flows

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Graphic/Web Designer
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I came across Whimsical when I was looking for a tool to quickly build out several flows for a software project. I was beyond pleased to see how easy it is to use. I can't wait to try out the other features this tool offers!

Vorteile: This tool is super easy to use because it's so intuitive. The UI is much cleaner and pleasing to the eye compared to other tools for creating flows and wireframes.

Nachteile: The only complaint I have is that the free trial doesn't allow for many projects, but I totally get it - they can't just give away their product for free.

Quick and Attractive

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Freelance Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Make putting together flows quick and easy and best of all easy to change after you've already laid it out.

Nachteile: Wish the free version had a better export feature.