Spartan Clipboard Bewertungen

4.8/5
    4.7/5
    4.6/5

Über Spartan Clipboard

Want an extra hour of productive work per day per employee?

Erfahre mehr über Spartan Clipboard

Gerald W.
Scriptwriter
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2018

"Truly great clipboard manager"

Kommentare: I'm a writer and do quite a bit research. I like to save portions of articles as I work, and then collate them into a document later. Spartan is great for that. I can copy 25 or more pieces of text to the clipboard, and then go through them later, rather than jump back and forth while I am reading the research document. Very occasionally something doesn't get copied. I used to think that was Spartan fouling up, but I did a test, and if Spartan didn't capture an element, then neither did Ditto or another clipboard manager I ran at the same time as a test. So, it seems the problem when that happens is not with Spartan but with Windows itself.

Vorteile: Spartan Clipboard has long been an indispensable tool of mine. It excels at capturing text copied to the clipboard and enables saving captures, forever if desired. Captured elements that are saved can be renamed, and displayed in a variety of colours, making them easy to spot. I truly use it several times a day and would be lost without it. There are other clipboard managers like Ditto out there for free. Spartan costs a bit of cash, but it's well worth it. If I do have a problem Spartan also offers email support which is generally fast and reliable.

Nachteile: Spartan is quite a powerful program. There are some functions that, even with the built in instructions, I just don't understand. I'm sure if I made the effort I could figure them out, but I basically use Spartan for saving plain text or URLs from the clipboard and that is extremely straightforward. Spartan has various other functions such as a Calendar which I've never used. That's not a criticism. Just a note that it is a program with many different functions. Being a minimalist, I basically use it as a powerful clipboard manager which is enough for me.

Cal m U.
Director of Processing and QC
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"I love my Spartan Clipboard"

Kommentare: I am a mortgage processor and have to get into many mortgage banks accounts and I keep all my usernames, AE's names and numbers and their FHA and VA numbers on the screen, so that all I have to to when filling out the forms in each of their websites, all I have to do is to click the box where I have that info saved. I use it for all my loan officers info to also fill in the many forms that need their names, phone numbers, email addresses and registration numbers.

Vorteile: I love this program, I am able to use it every day and have for many years. I use it when I need to copy one loan file to another. Spartan will remember 25 of the last items that I copied, so I can refer back to them as needed. I can go in and copy 5 or 10 items (really up to 25) on one form, go to the other form and paste them all in another form, no more; copy 1 item, paste 1 item, repeat, then repeat, then repeat! When I first started using this program I had several occasions that I needed to contact support, that was so easy and they were always within easy reach. I have not needed support for many years, so I don't know how it is now, but that is how it was in the beginning, as I said earlier, I have been using this for many, many years.

Nachteile: The only con is that this can only be used on one computer at a time and cannot have a copy of it printed. I guess this is a safety issue, but when I go on a working vacation, I do not access to it and have to write the items I want on a piece of paper before leaving.

von M8 Software an 14.12.2018

There is a portable edition. You can take your Spartan with you on a USB drive.

Daniel P.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.1.2019

"The Best Copy Paste Clipboard for Windows"

Kommentare: I love it from day one of using it. I have used it for years. 10 maybe and they even have a portable version that you can carry on a USB drive. I know there are other clipboards out there but I don't care, this one saves a ton of time and never had a problem. It backs up so I even keep my clips accross reformatting the hard drive too. As long as I use a windows machine I must have Spartan! It's cheap too, no monthly or yearly fees! Buy it once and it's yours forever.

Vorteile: It remembers everything you want it to remember even if you close the program or restart your computer. Never type your email address or passwords, bank account numbers, phone numbers and even whole documents. Even pictures. I never came close to using up space for more data to save for future input. I hate Windows built in clipboard and I love Spartan Clipboard. I'm sold for life.

Nachteile: Image files can be tricky because there are so many settings and preferences it is easy to mess up image files because there are so many different ways to do it. However they support their software with stellar email support. They get back to you within a day and are very helpful.

• Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Bertil A.
managing director
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"The view of the userbaron"

Kommentare: I was surprised the first time I used the program that it is so functional

Vorteile: it is so easy to save and have overview of many many clips

Nachteile: a little complicated user manual made me hesitate

Anthony B.
Mobile Support Coordinator
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"Simplicity"

Kommentare: We use Service Now for ticketing on our mobility support desk. I can create and close tickets quickly using Spartan because I have all of my ticket groups organized. A lot of calls are redundant so I can take the call, create the ticket using Spartan and close the call, then close the ticket within a few minutes. Less typing and take more calls. Answer a lot of email requests and I have clip groups setup for each email that comes in. Can create and close tickets quickly with ease! My supervisor said I create and close so many tickets that they will leave my name out of the weekly report because I bog the system down with my stats alone! I can thank Spartan for my good yearly reviews and raises too! I've tried to get my coworkers to use this software to save time but none of them have caught on. Their loss, my gain!

Vorteile: Easy to use.
Clip organization with colored title bars.
Paid version is much better.
Love the flash drive version.
Multiple windows for organization of various clips.

Nachteile: Having to close one window to get to another clip window.
The clip preview window being way off to the side.

Alan S.
  • Bewertet am 18.12.2018

"Spartan Clipboard lives up to it's name."

Kommentare: It saves Captures and Clicks. It often reduces what would normally take me 6 to 7 clicks to complete a task down to 2 clicks. If any of our team members have to do repetitive spreadsheet or database work that they need to complete quickly and accurately then Spartan Clipboard is the first thing I encourage them to install on their computers.

Vorteile: I have used this software for the past 6 years and recently purchased and installed it on a new machine. I feel handicapped working without it. It has so many useful functions from changing captured text to Proper Case to a full blown Filing System. I have saved my self countless hours working on spreadsheets filling rows of data with single clicks.

Nachteile: It is not pretty. :-) Totally functional and efficient but I don't believe it will win a UI design award anytime soon.

• Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Malcolm K.
Editor/CEO
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2018

"Spartan is essential software for use in my business"

Kommentare: Representative has made certain improvements on my request, and has an open mind to all suggestions. He keeps on introducing improvements, fixes bugs etc. I have used Spartan daily for the last 8 years, and never once has it let me down!

Vorteile: Everything! Reliable, error free, flexible with numerous features that I use. Never goes down and is entirely hassle free. I compile and edit a daily news report. Spartan allows me to collate, place articles in priority order, edit and stores articles for later use. I have evaluated other multi clipboards, but Spartan is way better. The help from the owner is excellent. He has responded to my queries after hours and even on week ends.

Nachteile: Spartan does not have an automatic update system. So every year or so, I upgrade without being reminded.

Geoffrey H.
Business Broker
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"Spartan is the greatest time saver."

Kommentare: To be able to copy multiple items from any document or screen then instantly be able to paste them immediately into other documents. To be able to save all of my commenly used items, whether single words, sentences, paragraphs or even a full page of information and then to be able to recall and paste with just 2 key strokes has saved me an unbelievable amount of time since I purchased Spartan in February 2014. It is definately the most useful software I have ever used and my day would be hours longer without it. I would highly recommend it to everyone wanting to save time.

Vorteile: To be able to copy multiple items from any document or screen then instantly be able to paste them immediately into other documents. Never having to type again my commonly used information. Knowing that I can always recall all of my saved items.

Nachteile: Nothing really it is simply a life saver.

Edward P.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 30.10.2019

"Couldn't live without it!"

Kommentare: This is my go-to program for daily use in eMails, posts to social media, and most importantly, my own product descriptions. I have used it for years to help describe all my products and to paste those product descriptions into actual product listings for sale.

Vorteile: This program is absolutely necessary to save time and typing of regular phrases and words. And even to save things that I have typed before, so I don't have to type them again!

Nachteile: The program is not quite as user friendly for images, but it DOES have image support. It is probable that if I used it for images more, I would be more familiar with it's uses for that.

• Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Bob B.
Teacher/Marker
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.8.2019

"It Gets Better The More You Use It"

Kommentare: At first I was afraid to trust my text and graphics clips to a program. However, the database is really easy to back up and a snap to restore should something go wrong. The more I use the program, the more features I discover, like the ability to store bookmarks and logins. The floating columns mean that Spartan has virtually unlimited storage. Support is quick and excellent. Their representative has solved two or three problems for me right away.

Vorteile: Spartan is the best time saver I've ever used.

Nachteile: I lose sub and superscripts when editing, but that is easy to fix and may not be a problem in the newer versions.

• Bewertet am 4.8.2019
Gary M.
Programmer,, Head of IT
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"I Paid Money When I Didn't Have To"

Kommentare: I tried out M8 and could have happily continued using it. It solved most of my clipboard needs and didn't interfere with my programming where I do a LOT of copying and pasting. But after a while, I realized this was a good product by people that took the time to make video tutorials and a good help file to go with a successful niche-filler. I had tried, by my count a total of more than 25 competing products in a computer career that goes back to the '70s with a very low serial number Apple ][. I transitioned to IBM PC's late in the decade and have been searching for just the right clipboard utility since. That's something close to 30 years. Spartan Lite works for me. It SHOULD work for just anybody who uses a PC. And if they get the programming bug, the regular version of Spartan can satisfy that need too. Automation is important for those of getting on in years.

Vorteile: Spartan's interface couldn't be any easier. The Hotkey combos are right there to see
The toolsets for each type of copy material is pretty full-featured for 'a clipboard utility'
The pricepoint for the middle Spartan version is to the point where the purchase decision should be automatic.
I received customer support during the middle of one of the World Cup soccer matches, which impresses me, being from Canada where the World Cup is reserved for HOCKEY!! Still, it showed a dedication to support that was appreciated.
Despite the toolsets for text and pictures, it's not SO over-run by features that you get lost.
It perfectly cures my MAIN reason for having a clipboard, naming graphic selections of screens easily (copy the text you want, copy the screen clip, rename the file you just created in saving the clip with the text previously saved ... )

Nachteile: I occasionally have issues recalling a previous clip into an entry field I'm currently in if I DON'T use hotkeys.
I had the limitation in SpartanLite for resizing the window.
Never found the combo in the settings (spread out over too many dialogs) for closing the View after I've successfully pasted the clip somewhere.

Vincent G.
Teacher
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2018

"The best clipboard manager ever !"

Kommentare: I have used this clipboard for about a year and wish there was a Spartan Mac version with online features which would allow users to have access to their clips from any computer and OS.

Vorteile: With Spartan Clipboard, you can virtually copy-paste anything you can think of- photos, signatures, special characters you often use, ready-made messages and answers. One cool feature is that you can also copy any document path (which you can rename) to retrieve computer files such as word, excel, OO files... -and thus create as many shortcuts as you want to open the model files you often use. You can also copy web-pages and websites and rename them too. Another cool feature of SC is the numerous editing possibilities, which allow you to create titles for often used clips, and it's super easy to organise your clips visually, using different colours. The paid-version Spartan window can contain as many clips as you want, and you can see them all at one glance. That is very convenient and avoids annoying scrolling gestures to find the one clip you need. Another feature that is worth mentioning is the floating columns, which, once open, stay open and do not take much space on your desktop. This is very useful to copy-paste formulae, addresses when you write repetitive mails. The feature that enables you to access and open the clipboard, by moving the mouse arrow to the screen top, bottom, left and right edge -you can decide which one(s) you prefer-is incredibly time-saving. There is also a USB portable version to use on any Windows computer, but I am not interested in that particular feature as I only use my personal computer to work.

Nachteile: None I can think of apart from the slightly dull interface, which is not visually very exciting, but it is a productivity app and you get used to it very easily.

author
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2018

"More uses than expected!"

Kommentare: Because I write complex documents and spreadsheets that must function for users with diverse needs, I use Spartan many times a day. For me, Spartan has become a major tool, just like a part of the operating system.

Vorteile: Its power and security. Spartan is one of the great but little-known treasures of the Web. It can be used for more than just clipboard management. I often prepare documents that contain unusual symbols or sequences of symbols. With Spartan, I can have several different sets of such symbols, each one made functional by name or description. This is much faster than using a word processor's "insert special character" command. Because Spartan supports good encryption, I can use Spartan to manage passwords. When I change a password, I can simply edit the password in Spartan. I have to memorize only one password (Spartan's master password). I also arrange my passwords by strength, so I can match passwords appropriately (one should not simply use the strongest possible password everywhere). Spartan also functions as a convenient place to store names and addresses of colleagues or friends. Spartan is stable and reliable.

Nachteile: There are certain features that I would like to have, but aren't in Spartan. Above all, I would like Spartan to hot-link a clip from a spreadsheet, database or URI. My wife found Spartan's interface intimidating at first. This is probably my fault, because I use color-coding and grouping of clips, so when a Spartan page appears on screen, it looks very complex, although it's really just a bunch of clips arranged by function and name.

Darrell M.
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.12.2018

"Spartan Review"

Kommentare: Very good experience. I use it daily and would readily recommend it to others. I have found nothing better.

Vorteile: Massive clipboard database generally easy to get to, use and re-use stored clips. A great way to also do periodic clips of work-in-progress text as a type of auto-save.

Nachteile: The UI has a very old UI look akin to a very early Windows or Visual Basic project / barely GUI. This is easily correctable (e.g., in Adobe Director 12, to a more modern 'flat design'). The smaller window -- movable by holding down the control key and dragging should be sizable, and the text/font in it should be editable and allow at least basic text editing size, bold, underling, italic etc. Ideally the text cell widths of a Spartan sheet (or one or more columns thereof) should also be adjustable e.g., in width, height and allow for bold titles. Cell ranges in a sheet should allow for coloring collectively vs. painstaking one at-a-time edits (e.g., 'select column' or cell range / edit color -- e.g., accessing Spartan's new Hex color grabber). Make the alpha-numeric column in a sheet draggable. Change 'browse pictures on this sheet' to 'browse pictures on any one or more sheets' -- allowing copying and pasting interchangeably. Make a one-click 'Export this sheet' for easy transfer to another PC running Spartan (and/or provide network access to a Spartan sheet database to view clips on hme networked (or business) computers. Do all of the above for Mac/Apple computers -- also something that Adobe Director 12 does quite easily). Make the menu bar of a sheet more conformed to what WIndows users are used to. The UI for the 'Views & Sheets Control Panel' is unnecesarily confusing. Also make any cell anywhere editable by double-click, not a separate window.

• Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Philip V.
Instructor
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"Multi-functionality of the Spartan Clipboard when conducting a University level online class."

Kommentare: I have used the Spartan Clipboard for over ten years and am organized with word sections, subject sections, message sections to save many hours and still be assured that the information is available but a click away and in the correct form and quality. The inclusion of photos, diagrams and charts are also simple to aggregate. In summary, the Spartan Clipboard accelerates communications and work by changing the basic elements for operating in specific words to integrated paragraphs or blocks of words, data, and supplemental visual aids. Love the flexibility and time savings. Not proud yet of the portability.

Vorteile: The time-saving elements are fantastic, ranging from providing announcements, emails, inside the course messages to forty or more students. You can customize each message by "building" the message with clips and or specific paragraphs on almost any subject, special and unique "how to's" or directions of working an online problem or glitch, or setting up quizzes, exams and even grading schemes. In addition, it is easy to set up specific "sheets" for each semester to keep all conversations, messages etc in its own file. It is also valuable to keep a ready file to insert various "action" verbs to elicit lively conversations and responses.

Nachteile: The inability to be able to effectively transfer a compendium of information that is very flexible from a "base" computer to a laptop the use on trips and still be able to use the original information. The transferred information by using a flash drive for example. I have purchased and attempted to use the "travel" form of the Spartan Clipboard. It is not in the same league as the original.

Barry R.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

"A Real Time Saver"

Kommentare: Actually, I think I covered a lot of these in the pros. The program is so versatile I would not want to be w/o it! Saves so much time, which is really money. You can always make or get more money, but not so w/TIME.

Vorteile: Ability to save repetitive info on different clipboards. Saves time, and for me, typing as I have a disability which makes using a keyboard rather difficult. I use cut & paste w/a mouse as much as possible. This program is something I've looked for for a long time. I like the ability to past info in various formats. The program is highly configurable for just about any applications including spreadsheets, docs, etc. The ability to edit a clip & yet keep the original is especially handy. I use it to quickly fill out forms-I don't entrust any browser to safely keep my info private. I even keep credit card info in one of the clipboards. The only thing that limits this program is your imagination in using it. I keep finding new way to use Spartan. I can transfer the clipboards to another computer. I use this program more times a day than any other program. It makes writing batch files a breeze where repetitive info is required, which it often is.
Program is very easy on resources, and a real bargain as to cost vs value. (I've been involved w/computers since Bill Gates was 10 yrs old & only wish a program like this would have been available many yrs ago!)
The program maintains a search-able history of past clips, which you can clear if need be. Spartan has many excellent helps! Great support. I can save data from an online form for future ref, esp if the form doesn't permit sending me a copy. Just buy it & see for yourself! Can't really say enough about it!

Nachteile: Can't change size of edit box to free up some screen. otherwise, I love the program!

Partner
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"Spartan Clipboard is a "100's of times a day" usage tool for me"

Kommentare: I wear many hats -- multiple businesses, and multiple roles. I have tried a lot of productivity tools; some I've kept, most I've dumped. Spartan Clipboard has the biggest impact on my ability to Get Stuff Done of all the tools I use. It's there when I need it, not there when I don't, it does things that simply don't fit well with any of my other tools, and it does them beautifully. Well conceived, easy to use.

Vorteile: I do a LOT of cutting-and-pasting. And I have a LOT of "snippets" I like to keep handy -- some for days, some for weeks, months, years -- that really don't fit into my other productivity tools. And I want instant access, when I want access at all; and I want to NOT see the application at all when I don't need access. It'll sound odd but Spartan Clipboard is simply invisible in terms of, I don't even think about it. It's simply "there" -- for many years, now -- and I use it multiple times per hour, every hour I'm at my PC. It's just a jack-of-all-trades tool, indispensable. I have tried other tools -- on other PC's where I hadn't installed Spartan. Nothing has even come close.

Nachteile: I can't think of a single thing I don't like. In fact, research I performed before writing this review made me realize that I've been entirely happy with a version that does only a fraction of what current versions do; and, I've been entirely happy using only a fraction of the functions even inside THAT version.

Jerry G.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"Best Windows clipboard replacement around."

Kommentare: Although daunted by the multitude of options at first, I just started using it for a multiple save clipboard, but as I got more comfortable I tried the other options and now could not operate without this valuable tool.

Vorteile: 1. Multiple Views (clip saved lists( allow me to keep a running list of clips (copied text) in View 1, deleted clips (for rescue) in View 2, odds & ends clips in Views 3 thru 8; but best of all is View 9 for my "hot key" clips (activated by CTRL key combos) for my repetitious (over and over!) clips. What a time saver!
2. Selectable screen edge parking (top, right, left, bottom - I use the top); minimize the clipboard to the system tray at the bottom of the screen, then position your cursor at the top of the screen, the word "Clipboard" appears under your cursor, click on it and view 1 appears with the most recent clip highlighted. Want a different one? Select it with a mouse click and it will autocopy to the spot in your document where the cursor was left last.

Nachteile: Because there are so many options available, the learning curve can be a bit daunting. However, you can start with the simple single clipboard and just ease into using the other clipboards one at a time.

Linda R.
OSP Engineer
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"I could not live without this software!"

Kommentare: In my work, I am constantly typing the same data over and over. And my passwords are required to change frequently. It is such a time saver to have all of those things tucked neatly in spartan for pasting with one click, and never having to remember what my new password is! I can't imagine the hours of work it has saved me over the past 5 years that I've been using it. I love that the developer, is always working on ways to improve it. I also appreciate the videos on how to use and get the most out of the software. This software does have a bit of a learning curve to it, but take an afternoon to watch the videos, get the software, get started with it and learn as you go. You will not regret this purchase if you are in a job that requires the same info to be typed over and over. Even if it's a whole email, you can save it as a clip with a label and every time you need it, it is only a click away! Anytime I set up a new computer, the very first thing that gets installed is Spartan Clipboard!!

Vorteile: *Increases my efficiency 10 fold
*The developer is always working to improve it
*Wonderful and informative "how to" videos to get you up and running and getting the most from your software
*Ability to sync clips between devices
*Ability to control the way it pastes the data

Nachteile: That it doesn't come in a mobile version

Mark P.
Immobilien, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2018

"Paste yep, but accuracy is key"

Kommentare: I keep dozens of email addresses, mailing addresses, credit card info, bank info, login ID's and passwords on one sheet. That pretty much does it for me. I have not used more than one sheet but it has a boatload of them if you have that much data to NOT retype every time you need it. The fact that it guarantees accurate entries is major. You are not trying to "fix" your typos constantly. I use it all day long and really like it. You will, too, after you set it up and get some experience with the interface (not difficult at all).

Vorteile: Allows one to collect repeated text like passwords, email addresses, credit card info -whatever you use frequently- in one place and paste it in with no typos. Unless you really need to practice your typing, this saves a lot of time and frustration. Also, by collecting your favorite items, you don't have to look info up repeatedly because it is right there (well, look it up once only). One of the best things since sliced bread.

Nachteile: difficult to sync database across multiple devices. requires creative copying of database, which is not crystal clear what that file is. Sync can be done, but is a totally manual and time-consuming operation from my experience.

Kimberly C.
Owner/Operator
Vorstandsbüro, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Happy "Clipper""

Kommentare: Customer service is fabulous and I am happy with Spartan Clipboard, overall.

Vorteile: I've been using FreeClip and Spartan Clipboard for at least eight (8) years. I am an Executive Assistant to C-Suite Executives plus I own and operate several of my own small businesses. I use it at home and at work. It is a superb way to store many items that I reuse or to grab a few items I want to address and have them at my fingertips. For example, when I am surfing the web and I see some sites I want to check out later, I "clip" all of them. It is a huge time-saver for me. I am so used to using it, every day, many times a day. I struggle to function when I am using a computer that does not have the application installed. I've tried other clipping applications and nothing compares to Spartan Clipboard. I tout its benefits to everyone I meet.

Nachteile: The only thing I recommend is that its look and user interface feel be updated periodically, to keep it fresh and current. I feel some folks that I show it to, think it looks "so yesterday".

Susan S.
Freelance editor
E-Learning, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.12.2018

"Spartan Clipboard is a necessary tool for my job!"

Kommentare: Spartan Clipboard makes it possible for me to complete my online editing of essays with ease. I am able to have dozens of pre-written comments related to grammar, essay structure, etc. loaded into Spartan and with two keystrokes, I can add in an extended comment complete with hyperlinks and emojis into an essay to explain a correction or make a suggestion. I've been using Spartan for at least 5 years and consider it an indispensable tool for my job!

Vorteile: Spartan Clipboard makes it possible for me to complete my online editing of essays with ease. I am able to have dozens of pre-written comments related to grammar, essay structure, etc. loaded into Spartan and with two keystrokes, I can add in an extended comment complete with hyperlinks and emojis into an essay to explain a correction or make a suggestion. I've been using Spartan for at least 5 years and consider it an indispensable tool for my job!

Nachteile: I transitioned from the free version to the paid version. I know the free version was a bit clunky to use initially, but that was 5 years ago. I've had no issues with the paid version and it runs without a hitch.

• Bewertet am 16.12.2018
Anders E.
translator
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"Spartan Clipboard is a must"

Kommentare: It's a small utility, but it's pretty much a vital necessity for me. I feel absolutely handicapped without it.

Vorteile: It is a very useful tool for the clipboard. It is totally transparent to the old cut and paste (i.e. that works just as you are used to) but add an incredible versatility and extended functions to it. You have almost limitless possibilities for storing clips both short term and long term. It's very handy when you have to copy things in parts as you do not need to jump forward and back for each part you copy, but you can copy them all in a series and then go to where you want to paste them and paste them one by one or all in one shot.
It has a lot of features which I do not really use, but they are there if you need them.

Nachteile: I never got the activation to make spartan the active window with the shortcut to work well. Even though the spartan window pops up I still have to move over to it with the mouse to continue. So that could be made a bit smoother.

Sr Project Manager
Bankwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"Spartan is bar none the best c;lipboard manager out there"

Kommentare: What more can be said than it saves me mountains of time. As I log into sites, send emails, and other business and personal functions, I use Spartan all through the day.

Vorteile: I love the ease of use that Spartan has. It allows for a lot of configuration, but for those who don't want or need the full extent of its power, it allows you to perform the basic tasks easily. The service is fantastic and quick. The hotkey assignment brings up the window in a flash, unlike other managers that take a few seconds (or more) to show themselves.

Nachteile: Truly, there are very few cons to this software. I have used every single clipboard manager out there, and this one is the best by far. The only complaint I have is that Spartan does not allow installation (portable) in an extreme locked down environment. But that is not an issue related to Spartan specifically. No other managers are able to do that. But if Spartan were able to be used in such environments, my life would be complete...

Rex H.
Publisher
Alternative Medizin, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 15.12.2018

"Spartan clipboard is a winner"

Kommentare: Spartan is a huge timesaver for me. If that one little auto-shift "bug" could be addressed I might just be happy forever. Auto-insert for my "library" is the way to go just as it works in a word processor.

Vorteile: I publish textbooks. My "library" consists of a huge quantity of snippets (or clippets) I need to move from one place in my databases to other places. Spartan does it and does it well.

Nachteile: Yes, I have a beef. Let's say I have a series of twenty snippets that are useful. I keep mine in a certain order, usually alphabetically, depending on the book I am building. So a new source shows and I want to use it as a n additional snippet. Ah, so I have to manually move many of the preexisting snippets to make room. How much better for me if I could just paste it in where I want it and the others would "move" down a row. Similarly, I could remove an unneeded snippet and the others would effortlessly move up to fill the now blank space.

• Bewertet am 15.12.2018