Best tool I've ever used for logging. It just makes sense!

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
Allan S.
CoFounder & Chief Product Officer
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We've used a few other logging tools before, and still struggled with debugging our webapp on multiple servers. Then we found LogDNA, and decided to give it a try. Wow! It's so simple to install, we were up and running within a few minutes. The user interface is clean and intuitive. It's really easy to search keywords (even excluding terms), and jump to timeframes in your own local timezone. You can even type in 10 hours ago and it just works by jumping to the log line with a highlighted marker. It's saved us so much time when diagnosing a problem, tuning our app/server performance, and even when reviewing the logs to predict trends. I also love the alerts and integration with email, Slack, PagerDuty, and even your own Webhook. With a couple of clicks, you can set up the notification rules to trigger an alert. With LogDNA, we always know what's going on at every level throughout the stack.

Nachteile: You can't customize the colors for log levels. Although they have a few preset themes to choose from, you can't fully customize it. For example, it's easy to see the Error level highlighted in red, but for the remaining log levels such as Info, Notice, Warning, Fatal, etc., the colors are the same so you can't quickly skim the logs without reading it.

Best product for logging in market

Shubham D.
Software Engineer

Kommentare: I would recommend logdna to everyone. It's pricing, feature parity and support are best.

Vorteile: We have tried many logging solutions out there in the market, but logdna was the cheapest, simple and best solution out there for logging. It has good support for different platforms like cloud, kubernetes and hosted machines. The setup is very simple for even a beginner and UI is very intuitive. It has all the required features for logging. The search and tags functionality has reduced a lot of pain of debugging. The support channel is very active. I have got the solution to all my problems quickly. The alerting feature is very useful in case our service goes down or misbehaves. It supports mails, slack and webhook which we use to automatically restart our server.

Nachteile: We can't set per service based logging limit. There are not many colour options for different logs.

LogDNA is a must have for any tech company

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Alexander L.
CTO
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: LogDNA has been helping us managing logs since early days (when our company was just 5 people). It helps us pro-actively identify bugs/crashes before our customers even had a chance to log support ticket.

Vorteile: - LogDNA is very easy to integrate - takes 5min to setup - LogDNA saves disk space - you dont need to store logs in your server anymore - LogDNA views makes it easy to organize logs based on environment, service, filter, etc - LogDNA alerts enable us to pro-actively identify bugs/crashes before our customers even had a chance to log support ticket - LogDNA makes it easier to expose logs to everyone in the team without having to give them access to the production servers

Nachteile: There is nothing i like least about this product. Maybe the fact that it gets more expensive as your system and users grows, but thats fair and expected

We loved how easy it was to get started, but we hit some pain points as we used it more heavily.

Bewertet am 22.3.2018
Gordon S.
Senior Software Developer

Kommentare: We were able to get up and running logging centrally from Kubernetes, and it got us through at least one software MVP. Kudos to the team, there just were too many rough spots to move our entire logging infrastructure over to LogDNA.

Vorteile: - The Kubernetes integration was fantastic, it was easy to get set up
- The pricing was very reasonable

Nachteile: - We wanted a single account for our team to make billing easier, but we had no way to segregate "Views" on the left sidebar. We needed some way to have per-cluster views/searches, otherwise it would be very difficult to navigate.
- We found we could not trust the "Live" view after clicking around in the UI for a little bit, or leaving it running for a while. We couldn't pinpoint what made it stop updating correctly, but we often had to do a full refresh of the page to see the latest logs, after which we would be inundated with logs that we had missed and it was hard to find our place again.

LogDNA makes logging fun and easy!

Bewertet am 26.11.2018
CEO & co-founder
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: After struggling for years with tail-ing the logfiles of our servers, some genius told me that I should have a look at LogDNA. With their low pricing, I could hardly imagine that they offered quality software. But they do! Once setup at the server, it's easy to create filters (based on server, process, tag or level) to create custom views. So, for example, you can set a view to show all log entries from an error level for a certain process. On top of that, you can also create alarms for views to receive notifications at a certain treshold.

Nachteile: For 99% it does what I expect it to do. The only downside over the past years was that occasionally it was a bit slowish with realtime live updates. But most of the time it's pretty fast.

Great software, helps to keep an eye on business, simple, beautiful interface, fits all needs

Bewertet am 26.2.2018
Arkadiusz K.
Developer, Administrator
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: "One Ring to rule them all" - helps with monitoring cloud environment with many nodes - alerts helps fix a problems.

Vorteile: Simple interface, great user experience.
Feature-rich: it fits all my needs regarding log monitoring.
Multiple integrations support many OS, using dedicated agent makes integration easy.
Dynamic development brings new features.
Reasonable price.

Nachteile: Sometimes there are lags in log processing also I've spotted some missing logs (migrate from syslog to agent integration doesn't fix a problem). Linux agent consume to much memory - it's an issue on cloud VMs with small amount of memory, where overhead on monitoring/logs should be as small as possible. Graphs looks pretty - but should have more interaction with logs filter - eg. filter could map on graph - changing filter conditions change graph conditions as well.

Easy log management for Kubernetes

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: - Very fast search over terabytes of data - Easy to integrate with Slack and other tools - Easy to get up and running overall, especially on Kubernetes. Only two lines of code to implement and start seeing it on the LogDNA dashboard - Lets you control what is being stored, and filtering on ingest means you don’t get charged for filtered data, even if you’re still sending it in for tailing. Pretty fair way of doing pricing. - The overall developer experience is good, and quite intuitive to build graphs and dashboards.

Nachteile: - Takes a while to dig in and figure out all of the features - Alerting is nice, but could use more customization

A great product with a great team

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Cristiano D.
Lead PHP Engineer

Vorteile: I like the fact that is super easy to use, easy to apply filters and configure. Better yet, I like the fact that the development team will listen to us customers in regards new features or specific troubles.

Nachteile: The box for entering the filter queries could be slightly bigger. Some of my filters are extremely big because I have a need to see specialized errors and throw alerts when they happen. Often I have to copy the filters to a text editor so I can paste them back.

LogDNA is the perfect tool for someone who just needs to aggregate all of their logs into one place

Bewertet am 23.2.2018
Eli A.
Computer-Software

Vorteile: Not only is LogDNA incredibly simple to setup and use, but it doesn't overwhelm you with features. It does one thing really well: logging. Also, LogDNA is very affordable compared to the alternatives (most of which have lots of features I don't want). LogDNA is a simple product, but it fills a niche that no one else does as simply or elegantly.

Nachteile: Nothing! LogDNA is exactly what I want it to be. The only thing that's slightly annoying is that their search doesn't do partial string matching very well, but it's really not that hard to type out the whole search string :)

This is really a fantastic service.

Bewertet am 20.2.2018
Jacob C.
Front End Developer

Kommentare: We use LogDNA to send meaningful logs from our many microservices. It gave us the ability to look through historical error events and check the status of the workers. For critical services, we are able to receive notifications when errors occur. It's really superb.

Vorteile: It's very fast, always working and the feature-set makes it so great to find bugs and see status. The meta search and time filters are superb.

Nachteile: We have many microservices and it's hard to manage more than a few saved views. The ability to organise and create collections of saved views would really be the final polish for our use-case.

Great, except for repeated issues with log ingestion (remote syslog)

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Per C.
Developer & Software Consultant

Vorteile: User interface is top notch. So much better than most competitors I've evaluated (which is quite a few actually). Saved views, quick searches and view context functions makes this a joy to use.

Nachteile: Two things are blocking our expanded usage of LogDNA for our much bigger product & team: 1. Reliability. The repeated issues with the remote syslog log ingestion is just not acceptable. I've contacted support about it before, but I won't bother again until it seriously improves. We have to restart at least one logspout container each 1-2 weeks. And there ARE NO ALERTS that things aren't ingesting properly. Basically I don't trust that all log data is there anymore. 2. Pricing. The pricing is great for small log volumes and short durations (as for the product we've migrated to LogDNA). But for slightly larger volumes (say 50 GB) or longer storage (14-30 days), the pricing is too high compared to competitive offerings (from e.g. Logentries). Fewer plans (3 + free) with clear separation by features would be clearer. Costs should increase linearly with storage volume AND retention length (multiplied). This would make pricing clear and logical, instead of using "minimum charges" which is just annoying and stops us from increasing our usage until we reach that threshold. I completely understand the need to raise prices for more value delivered, but it should be structured so that customers clearly perceive the added value. For instance, you should probably add advanced alerts to an "Enterprise" plan, and possibly limit graph usage for "Starter" plans, etc.

DNA of your product!

Software Engineer Level II
Kino & Film, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: 1. json log ingestion. We were logging our application logs in json formats and when we were looking for the application it fit into it.
2. S3 back up. Sometime we need to search for the older logs and it helps to get it from there.
3. Search. The advanced search really help us to get what we exactly want it. And we go the context quickly(using switch to context) and it really a cool and handy feature to use.
4. Dashboard. Some time out applications misbehaves and flood the logs. It is super easy to find the service using the dashboard by seeing the log ingestion rate. And we use 50s of services.

Nachteile: In the recent release, there is some problem with the search it seems. Getting irrelevant logs

Easy Logging

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Emma J.
Developer

Kommentare: Being able to see key activity on the site has really helped with support - as we can identify the actions a user has taken and any errors for bug fixes. Sure, you get this with any logging software, but LogDNA had easy set up, a good free plan, and just seemed really clear compared to the others we tried. I am really happy customer and plan to use LogDNA when I launch more online services.

Vorteile: I love how easy LogDNA was to set up on my NodeJS server, and the web-based display of my logs. It makes tracking user actions and errors really simple, and I have been able to quickly identify problems and fix bugs.

Nachteile: For a logging service, this ticked all the boxes for me. When there has been an issue (I was getting duplicate logs) - support quickly fixed it.

good product

Bewertet am 22.10.2018
Product Manager & Co Founder

Kommentare: very good. already moved lots of our product to LogDNA

Vorteile: - i like the S3 archiving
- the search is fast

Nachteile: - sometimes, the search part is not powerful enough.
- it will be great if can have a local parser for reading archived data.\

We define our overal app overview as pre-LogDNA and post-LogDNA

Bewertet am 24.2.2018
Miroslav K.
Team leader

Vorteile: It keeps me well informed of what is really happening in my software products. I can very easily search and get notified of any problems that are important to me. LogDNA is very simple to integrate and use with a great pricing options.

Nachteile: Sometimes, it is hard to navigate with lots of defined views without the option to group them if I don't remember their titles.

Easy installation. Great Support. Infinite Usefulness.

Bewertet am 13.2.2018
Will P.
Senior DevOps Engineer

Vorteile: The ease of getting started with LogDNA is fantastic. In Kubernetes, just run a single command and LogDNA will install as a daemonset and send your logs in. Giving my developers easy access to real-time logs was game changing.

Nachteile: Looking to do more with summarizing and analyzing data, and they've been adding these features at a rapid pace.

Easy to Install, One place for all your logs, Easy debugging

Ravi D.
Devops Engineer
Personalwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Best features I always use are saving the frequent searches, drilling down to pod level logs ( in k8s ), being able to tag and search against a time frame.

Nachteile: There has not been much of cons for our use case but once I did feel there has been an issue with log ingestion where we missed some logs. It just happened once.

LogDNA made life much easier for us!

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
Founder & CEO
Finanzdienstleistungen

Vorteile: We use LogDNA almost like a remote terminal. When we deploy to our development servers, we run QA tests and check LogDNA to see if the tests worked or not.

Nachteile: It was a little difficult for us to set it up on elasticbeanstalk initially. We've also had instances where LogDNA didn't update, but that was resolved by support.

Customer support was very fast and accurate for what was requested.

Bewertet am 23.3.2018
Tai y Y.
Principal Software Engineer
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Detailed insight to specific log items.

Vorteile: I like that you can filter quickly and get to the specific pod, time, filter, app. I also like the statistics and is integrated well w/ python logger library w/ the filters. I like that I can access the logs from anywhere.

Nachteile: Limit of 30days history for our account. Timestamps need to be converted and not as user friendly. I would like to more visibility on all it's capabilities like ContextFilter was interesting and discovered recently.

Good JSON logging and searching tool

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Jorgen P.
Manager of Technical Operations

Vorteile: LogDNA does lots right. JSON log ingestion, powerful and fast searching, live tailing, and log analytics. It also archives to an S3 bucket, and has a great slack integration

Nachteile: Some reliability concerns a while back, but it looks like they have since been resolved. They need to be mindful about pushing out changes that could affect someone else's logs. Be weary and keep another copy of your logs just incase things go awry.

Hands down the best logging tool I've used.

Bewertet am 15.2.2018
Euwyn P.
President & General Counsel
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Love the "view in context" feature, incredibly helpful for our team to quickly diagnose issues and troubleshoot.

Nachteile: Lacks alerts for the time-being. Some of the user interface components need a bit of tweaking, but everything is being improved rapidly.

Great Product

Nevin J.
Co-Founder & CEO
Kapitalmärkte, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was great. The team is easy to work with and they have a great product.

Vorteile: Extremely easy to use and does everything you need from a product like this

Nachteile: Honestly there was not much. For our use case, we really didn't have anything that we needed it to do.

Best cloud logging system I've used

Dan M.

Vorteile: Easy to set up. Both the Python and Kubernetes drivers are simple, lean, and efficient. The web UI is beautiful and fast. Much more useful out of the box than a standard ELK stack. Can get a lot of benefit even in the inexpensive usage plan.

Nachteile: Feature development seems to prioritize mainly around enterprise customers, so small quality-of-life updates are taking a while.

Didn't Think I Would Ever *Love* a Logging Tool

Bewertet am 10.12.2018
Katherine R.
Jr Software Engineer
Biotechnologie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I didn't think I would ever rave about a logging tool, but after sitting through a power-user webinar and using LogDNA, I cannot say enough good things about it. We have beautiful logging views so I can instantly research transactions and events in seconds at a detailed or high-level view. There are things that I anticipate taking a long time or being a headache that turn into a few simple clicks since all the data is accessible in LogDNA.

Nachteile: Our team hasn't been consistent in our logging strategy which LogDNA reveals when sifting through different transactions. I also did not know about a lot of the things I could do with the tool until sitting through the 30 - 40 minute webinar.

Amazingly simple tool to help quickly diagnose issues across many docker containers

Bewertet am 14.2.2018
Francis D.
CTO

Kommentare: Quick diagnosis of issues across multiple services in a docker/kubernetes infrastructure. Copying query to other team members to help diagnosis issues.

Vorteile: Simple setup, works in bare metal and docker environment. Simple but powerful query interface allowing pinpointing issues and tracing backwards a breeze across our multiple services.