Über Alibre Design

Mechanische CAD-Software mit 20 Jahren Entwicklungszeit, die einfach zu erlernen, präzise, erweiterbar und erschwinglich ist.

Erfahre mehr über Alibre Design

I have used Alibre Design in its most capable version since the very early 2000's and find it quite adequate for my needs.

Limited material to follow as a first time user.

Bewertungen zu Alibre Design

Alibre Design hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 124 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Alibre Design bereits verwendet?

Rick
Rick
Design, Selbstständig

Exceptional value for money

Kommentare: As a user of SolidWorks at work, I wanted a system that I could use at home with similar capabilities; SolidWorks did not offer a suitable license for this purpose. I discovered Alibre around 2013 and was surprised to find that it closely matched the performance of SolidWorks at an affordable cost, and even more surprised to find that it ran well on my home computer. I used it for parallel work to my day job, for exporting Alibre models into SolidWorks, and for other work on my own account. When I retired in 2019 and set up a small home business, I added a CAM add-in and used Alibre to model products and generate toolpaths for their production on a small CNC machine in my garage; it has paid for itself many times over.

Having used SolidWorks at work since 2000, I have found Alibre to be capable of virtually the same performance at home at a small fraction of the cost. - In addition, it runs well on my basic home desktop PC, and it can import SW native files (though without retaining the feature tree). For someone who is comfortable working in SolidWorks, ProE, etc, Alibre is very much the same at lower cost. - The Alibre license is permanent, unlike other CAD systems. You can subscribe to maintenance support, but if you decide to let that lapse your system license is still good - you lose the maintenance but still can continue to use the software. - Alibre's customer service has also been consistently very good, every question receives careful attention and an immediate helpful response.

This is not really Alibre's fault, but the discontinuation of a CAM add-in called AlibreCAM 2020 (as I understand, this was not actually an Alibre product but made by MecSoft) around 2021 was unfortunate - it was excellent and seamless in Alibre and critical to my work. In order to retain this discontinued product, I have not updated my system to the most recent version of Alibre.

Matthew
Lead Engineer in Australien
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, Selbstständig

Absolutely Wonderful

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Absolutely wonderful, the workflow is logical, the interface is clean and it runs smoothly on my computer. Having had experience since high school (in the F1 in Schools Program) with CATIA, SolidWorks, ProDesktop and ProEngineer and having used Inventor at university, AlibreDesign Expert was a 100% seamless experience - no learning curve at all - doing the common things were much faster with the cleaner interface.

The ease of use. Everything is clearly laid out in a logic flow. You only see the things you need at a time which leaves the UI clean and very user friendly. Also, the ability to import common file formats (CATIA, SolidWorks, Inventor, ProE, NX, etc.) makes Alibre Design Expert the go to. Lastly the pricing is perfect for those of us who use the software both professionally and personally at home. As an engineer having my own commercial use licence lets me consult and design when I need to, as I need to.

Nothing - Alibre Design Expert does everything I need.

Adam
Adam
Manufacturing Engineer in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I guess some CAD software is better than no CAD software

Kommentare: My overall experience is that yes, this is functional CAD software, but you will be at least three times faster and ten times less frustrated if you use a more reputable program like AutoCad or Solidworks.

It is similar enough to Solid Works, so it was not too hard to learn on the fly. There is a metal simulation portion of the software that is very useful for bending and shaping metal components with decent realism.

The commands are not too hard to learn, but the software is extremely clunky, not responsive, and does not give much of an hint if there is a mistake in the drawing (overlapping line, enclosed loop, etc.). The program crashes regularly even running a on a brand new Thinkpad laptop with up to date specs. Lines have trouble "snapping" to points even when that option is turned on. And my largest gripe are that the user manual is pathetic, and their website is even worse when it comes to understanding featuresbor troubleshooting.

Antwort von Alibre

vor 5 Monaten

Hi Adam, thanks for your feedback. We've made substantial improvements since 2020 on many fronts, including software stability, snapping, and especially the user manual. We now have a free 700+ page comprehensive user manual, in addition to our online Help, which has also been overhauled. If you can't seem to access the manual, please email us and we'll be happy to get it to you. Cheers, Max Freeman CEO | Alibre, LLC

CEO and Designer in USA
Computer-Hardware, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best CAD program for a starting business!

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I love the product and preach it in classes. I preach it to people who are starting CAD. I preach it to people at walmart that are random. I walk up and say, hey, use Alibre. They are confused, but alas, not my problem there.
Seriously, this product is really great.

The cost vs features is amazing. I am able to use the solidworks training books to complete the work with the same number of features as the books have. I have had one case where I could not, and that was with a rib. The ability to work without having to be online and have my files stored in the cloud is vital, as I was using Fusion360, went to work on a part from my laptop while on the road, and their servers were offline. No work was accomplished that day. I can switch between my laptop and my office with ease. If I forget to release my license on one machine, I can quickly do it online.

The default color schemes do not mesh well with my eyes. They also do not match Solidworks, which makes some work confusing during my solidworks training (the local College offers solidworks classes for working with CAD). As per my PROS, I am able to successfully do the homeworks from the solidworks books in Alibre.

Rob
CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Powerful and simple

Kommentare: Fastest start with a new tool I've ever had, combined with a straightforward and helpful sales and support team makes it a no-brainer to select Alibre.

Straightforward, clean user interface. Easy to grasp concepts and tools. The only tool that I've ever used for design (and I've tried them all) that really made sense from the start. A few minutes with the trial version of Alibre and I was set. Since then, I've recommended Alibre to anyone who'll listen, and all our designs are completed in Alibre, too. I also love the documentation and YouTube videos - a great way to learn new ideas. The licensing model is also a win.

Nothing at all, really. So far, everything I've wanted to do has been possible and achievable.

Maurice
President in Kanada
Landwirtschaft, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Alibre Design Used Extensively on our Farm

Kommentare: My overall experience with Alibre Design Expert has been great. We really like the Sheet Metal option. We have a Plasma and Press Brake in our Workshop and when we export DXF files to our shop machines the end products are exactly what we expected. No surprises.

We were looking for a 3D Modeling program to aid in the development of specialized farm equipment. I had many friends use solidworks and constantly complain about the cost. Solidworks for farmers if a very expensive option. After spending some time researching 3D Model programs we decided on Alibre Design. We have been using Alibre Expert for over 7 years. What I can say is that its a feature packed 3D modeling software that I know can compete with higher priced Solidworks. I have shown my engineering friends Alibre and they are amazed how powerful it is. The thing with Alibre is that its powerful and precise.

Coming from AutoDesk 2D to Alibre Design was a challenge. Alibre has developed a 800 plus page workbook that is excellent to learn on. There also is abundant YouTube videos that come available daily. I'm Still learning and improving my design skills. If I used it everyday I probably would have mastered it sooner.

Öffentliche Sicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best bang for the buck

Kommentare: We took a product that was purely conceptual in nature and created a design and working prototype that was used in obtaining a patent. Alibre was the key software platform we used in doing the work.

This software is perfect for a small design team or individual use to create products from scratch. We used this software in the design and patenting of a roadside barrier system to reduce injuries and fatalities, especially in cases where motorcyclists were involved. The software was inexpensive and was very easy to learn. Granted, there was some ramp-up to gain proficiency, but it took place very quickly. Also helpful during this process was Alibre's customer support team. They were easy to get hold of, and were able to work with us when we got stuck along the way. I would highly recommend Alibre for design work, especially work that needs to be done in order to get a product or a design patented.

Some features were a little cumbersome, but with customer support a workaround was nearly always available.

Electrical Engineering Tech in USA

Great Value

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I'm a Inventor user at my day job, it was easy to get up and running. Having a maintenance contract is worth having if I get stuck, they tespond quickly, my software is up to date. I enjoy using the software.

Perpetual License, I do not need a super pc to run the software. Produces quality results.

Very little componets in the library content, must be created and added on your own.

Michel
Retired in Kanada
Design, Selbstständig

An excellent and modern tool for those who care to create with pleasure.

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I used Alibre for professionnal tasks to fabricate real products, tools and machines, and for my personnal pleasure to create and illustrate dream fantasies. It is an easy and affordable tool in this era of digital creativity.

I am an old designer who worked on many cad programs like Autocad, Euclid, Applicon, Versacad, Solid Edge and of course Solidwork. I bought a licence for Alibre Expert in 2006 and upgraded to Professionnal in the same year. And I never left since then. I just feel home with Alibre.

Many customers used to ask for Autocad drawings final as-build documents and translating Alibre 2D drawings to Autocad has always been complicated, and I agree that this problem is not easy to solve.

Venu
Supervisor in Kanada

Use of Alibre Design

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Very good software and excellent features once you have figured it out

Tutorials, very well described. Takes time but worth the read and practice

Time taken to study the software, very hard to navigate but very easy afterwards

Samuel
Electronics and Software Engineer, Retired in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Alibre Design: An Affordable and Capable Design Package that Presents a Lot of Flexibility

Kommentare: I use Alibre Design for multiple types of projects, from household repairs to designing electronics enclosures. It is quite applicable to wide range of projects.

Alibre Design offers an excellent environment for 3-D CAD projects. Additionally, it supports a 2-D drawing, Bill of Materials generation, and lots of support functions such as custom materials, expandable thread definitions, and more.

While very good, the 2-D drawing capabilities .do not quite match up to the 3-D CAD technology. Still, Alibre Design's overall quality and usability are very, very good.

Robert
N/a in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, Selbstständig

Alibre is the way

Kommentare: I'm able to quickly and easily get what's in my head out onto the screen. The software doesn't fight me and enables me to be the most creative version of myself.

Easy to use, intuitive interface, little to no errors or failures, easy to see if I make mistakes, powerful export control, very easy assemblies, and best of all... the stuff you make is yours.

No Linux support. You have to open a sketch to get at the equations dialog.

Julian
Engineer in UK
Automotive, Selbstständig

Alibre Design: Great partner for the one man band

Kommentare: Communication with both suppliers and end users of our products has improved immensely. Alibre Design is a wizz for producing 3D printer files quickly and for making big and small changes to designs very rapidly.

Excellent on-line tutorials a great help when starting out. Moving over from an antiquated 2D draughting package was nowhere near as painful as anticipated. I love the way I can insert 3D shaded views into manufacturing drawings. I do not get any calls from suppliers unable to interpret our drawings. It is so quick to use I will produce workshop sketches in Alibre rather than use a notepad and pencil. I'm proud of the drawings I present to customers. Although I do keep the software updated yearly, it is very comforting to know that if I'm forced to stop paying, Alibre Design will not stop working, thus your licensing model works very well and is fair.

Nothing really, but there are lots of features I've yet to explore. Some operations slow down, like if there are a lot of holes being edited for example. It is probably due to the spec of the hardware rather than the software.

President in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Alibre- best value and best performing 3D CAD/CAE tool I know

Kommentare: I use other expensive tools that came before Alibre with various features.....but frankly the Alibre team have reproduced and improved the features of other tools.The design environment is clean. It NEVER crashes and I have built seriously massive 3D models that worked fine where other tools would have choked.

As an electrical Engineer more than 10 years ago I invested in Alibre because I wanted to learn 3D CAD\CAE , 3D printing and CNC CAM. Alibre has taught me so much and has widened my capabilities beyond my wildest imagination. Well done, professional easy to Learn training videos got me started.....and the experience has augmented my inventive imagination like no other tool I have learned.

I really cannot think of anything at this time. Any shortcomings over time have been fixed or improved.

William
CEO/Sr. Designer in USA
Industrieautomation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Alibre Design, The Best

Kommentare: Been using it for over 12 years, have designed 14 AMRs (Autonomous Mobile Robot), some weighting in at 1500 pounds. That is complete design to include pulling in the electronic PCBs for a visual.

Ease of use, coupled with great functionality. Depending on your needs the different levels of packages. the combination of 3D modeling that can be converted into sheet metal.

Do not have anything that I find as a con.

Jacob
Engineer in USA
Landwirtschaft, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Alibre after 1.5 years

Kommentare: Very positive experience. Have used it to create photorealistic renders for customers. Have used other features to design sheet metal parts that are fabricated for on site use.

I really like the ability to not only create individual parts, but to have the assembly capabilities. Another awesome feature is the sheet metal parts that can be created with Alibre. Then there is also the paper space mode where I am able to create detailed drawings for ordering or customer requests.

Sometimes features that would be present in Solidworks or Autocad aren't exactly the same, licensing and copyright. Alibre does there best to implement new features to make a more seamless transition from one of those software packages to the Alibre. The support team is always very graciously accepting bugs and recommendations about what should be changed or added.

Mike
Senior Technical Advisor in UK
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A solid piece of software that fits the bill for general engineering & design use

Kommentare: In my 8 years of using Alibre, I've never met an engineering task it wasn't suitable for, and I think that's a pretty solid reflection on the overall product

Our organisation has been using this software for over a decade, and it always lets us do the jobs we need to do. Generally very stable, and updates don't break things or make old CAD data stop working; the price is excellent for what the package offers. No hesitation in recommending.

There are a small number of things that could be a bit slicker (mainly around moving/renaming files which are associated between assemblies and drawings), but honestly, these are pretty minor issues which don't majorly impact on day-to-day usability, unless you are constantly moving and renaming your data archives for some reason. Once in a blue moon I've seen general exception crashes and lost some data, but this seems to be improving over time

Owner / Mechanical Engineer in USA

Alibre is an Exceptional Product

Kommentare: I create complex environmental testing machines and fixtures for a variety of industries (auto, medical, instrumental, etc) as well as developing products for consumers. Alibre accomplishes those tasks with ease and enjoyment.

Very easy and intuitive to use. Seamless design process from concept to completed drawings.

At one point Alibre Expert came bundled with M-files, Engineering Toolbox, Structural Analysis Software, and a few other helpful items. Sadly, those products are no longer included or supported. I continue to use M-files and could not function easily without it. However, I have not been able to upgrade or get support for it.

Eric
Maschinerie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Alibre Design a great CAD software

Kommentare: Overall I really enjoy working with Alibre Design software. It is easy to remember where all the commands are listed and the workflow is easy. With every release it is getting closer to the more expensive CAD software on the market today.

I like that it does everything we need to get jobs done quicker and easier than other CAD software costing twice as much.

Some minor features are absent that I would use occasionally to save time that are seen in more expensive software.

Brian
owner in USA
Konsumgüter, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Software!

Kommentare: Very good, have been using since 2011 with various upgrades over the years.

Powerful, accurate 3D modeling, ability to create drawings and have them be linked to design changes.

Trouble sometimes adding fillets and chamfers to 3D designs

Rudolph
Production Manager in Südafrika
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Review

This product is very easy to learn. It integrates nicely with our business systems.

There are a few minor bugs in the 2D drawings of the program.

President in USA
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent program

Kommentare: A real pleasure. Any idea I come up with can be modeled up in short order, and then rendered or 3D printed, and drawings or solid model files made for contractors. It's also useful for making drill templates. Fantastic and indispensable tool in my shop.

Its parametric modeling is easy to use. Model manipulation is fast on less than stellar computers. One can be productive using it almost from day one, and then further facility can be gained gradually as applications arise for each of the many cool features.

There are some UI inconsistencies and procedural oddities. One that always bothers me is that selection of multiple elements requires shift-clicks in some contexts, but just clicks in others, which can lead to having to repeat an operation. Really, though, overall, the oddities are easy enough to get used to.

Taslim
Senior Instructor in Trinidad und Tobago
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Long time User

Kommentare: I started using Alibre many years ago, first as a trial version, and was offered an opportunity to buy with monthly installments over a year. Solidworks was out of my range, and Alibre was a very good alternative. Since then I have used the software for my own designs making small brackets and machine parts that are done on cnc mills and lathes. It does what I want. In future I would like to integrate with CAM software, as well as FEM software in future.

The price point is good. The features are very good, assemblies are seamless and fluid.

I am used to working with drafting packages that can group objects . It would be nice to have this feature in Alibre. It would make life simple for me. Sheet metal application needs more tutorials to explain all the tools available.

Jay
Retired in USA
Forschung, Selbstständig

Alibre fits well for a mid-tier CAD program

Kommentare: I have used Alibre Design to create parts that I print on my 3D printer as well as to create designs that I can send out for manufacture. The parts created conform perfectly to the design.

I like the tools that Alibre Design provides for creating mechanical parts. It also comes with a Rendering program to create realistic drawings of the completed part(s), which has been very useful. It comes with a companion program for more "organic" designs that I have not really used.

In the 2D drawing space, it is more difficult than it should be to add hatching to enclosed areas. The program requires you to have individual, separate line or arc segments for every bounding edge whereas a high end program can fill an enclosed area with a single click and does not require all the bounding lines & curves to be discrete elements just for that area.

Dave
Lebensmittelproduktion, Selbstständig

Alibre Design works well.

Kommentare: I design one-off designs for specific machine applications. The machines work and my customers are happy.

One historical feature that I have liked,and used, is Alibre's "How-to" educational videos. My career began with a t-square and sliderule. 3D was in the mind and not on your phone. Subsequently, I had to do a lot of self learning with Alibre. Their educational presentations are great.

That Alibre is under appreciated in the marketplace.