Filtern nach:

Über ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager

ManageEngine, Netzwerk-Konfigurations-Manager, eine All-In-One-Lösung für die Netzwerkkonfiguration sowie Anforderungen im Bereich Compliance und Änderungsverwaltung.

Erfahre mehr über ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager

IT MAnager in UK
Versicherung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Features available on Network Configuration Manager

Kommentare: NCM is compliance with industry standards. It is PCI, SOX and HIPAA compliance ensures data is secure.

With the current Covid-19 situation, I have been able to make maximum use of the features available in order to monitor our network and ensure business continuity. The reports generated by Firewall features within OPManager Plus are really useful. ManageEngine Support have been very swift in customising reports specific to our needs.

With all software, you must spend time initially tweaking to ensure the software works correctly. I found it difficult at times to understand the requirements to get the software to work.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Kaseya VSA

Warum ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager gewählt wurde: I am not familiar with SolarWind, unfortunately I was faced with a brick wall when it came to support. Also cost was factor and I found all the features I need would cost more with SolarWind.

Zuvor genutzte Software: VoIP & Network Quality Manager

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager: ManageEngine's ethic in providing support for their customers is superb. I had an engineer onsite to ensure all my requirements are met. Once I became familiar with the product I was able to request customised reports which I ManageEngine Op Manager Plus team were able to provide.

Daniel C.
IT Manager in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good product for Cisco Users

Kommentare: I recently completed a cybersecurity audit which identified a lack of automated network config backup. This product was purchased to fill that whole, but it ended up being much more useful. I have used it to clean up all of my configs and it made increasing the security of my configs much easier.

This software is great for Cisco Users as it has a bunch of pre-defined templates available. I haven't found any Cisco equipment without a template so far. I really like the ability to create my own compliance rules and then easily create config-lets to automate correcting problems. For instance when I want to make sure that https access is disabled I create a rule that scans the config for "ip http server" and if it finds that it flags it as non-compliant. I can then create a quick script that will login to the switch, go to config mode, enter "no ip http server", write the config, and logout.

There are a few areas that could use some polish but nothing major. It doesn't always recognize new equipment during the discovery process. It will know that a device is there but not know what type of device. Once you manually assign the product type it works fine.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager: I have had very good sucess with other ManageEngine products such as AD Self Service. They have very responsive customer service and are constantly providing improvements to their products.

Assistant Manager - IT Network and Operations in Sri Lanka

ManageEngine NCM - Your one-stop Networking configuration tool

Kommentare: When it comes to PCIDSS compliance, our organization was suffering with configuration backup and auditing. But after proper set of ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager, we were able to comply with all PCIDSS requirements with much ease.

The most loved feature is ManageEngine NCM is multi vendor supported. We do have Cisco, Juniper and HP switches and still we can use Manage Engine NCM to manage all the switches. And it is same with firewalls too. So it is just one solution for all the networking devices of the organization.

If the initial setup and configuration can be simplified it will be much better. setup and configuration was not easy as expected. However throughout the initial setup, vendor support was remarkable.

Derlis G.
Administrador de Infraestructura TI in Paraguay

NCM Review

Kommentare: The NCM allows me to have an efficient backup of the configuration of the devices and to control the compliance of policies. So also for the implementation of new functionalities, it was easy to update to the new versions.

NCM allows me to have control of equipment configurations, changes and compliance.

That does not allow me to directly import the backups of the devices.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager: Price

Brian D.
Consulting Network Engineer in USA
Telekommunikation, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great Company and Software Support

Kommentare: We were looking for a simple and easy to use management software that reflected out customer test environment and gave us customization and ease of use management software we could use to manage our lab.

I love the ease of management and the simplicity of using the software. Everything is laid out in a very seamless and logical manner and nothing stands out as being out of place or located in some buried menu somewhere. Everything is easy to access and navigate through and the support, if needed, is always there and ready to help.

Cost can be a little off-putting at first but once you realize the value you're getting for your money it's more than worth the cost.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: RMM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager: Price, ease of use, and quality of support.

letztes Jahr

Hey Brian, thanks for your valuable feedback. This drives us to keep improving our products.

Rajpal M.
Supervisor in Indien
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

NCM for MSPs

Kommentare: It's been good experience with NCM so far. Looking forward to explore the tool functionalities and leverage the tool for making changes to network devices and seek support for applying network polices for all the vendor devices

Using NCM we can track changes to the network device against baseline configuration ( for accountability). schedule periodic backups of the Network configuration

Reactive alerting reduced functionality support for applying network changes on different products from NCM No vendor -audit Tech specs or support for enforcing network security policies/standards or best practices No ITIL support ( asset-CMDB integration) for Change management to make any network changes comply with change process (change workflows /approvals)

Willy R.
System Administrator in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

NCM makes everything simpler

I can automate scripts and schedule deployments to all my switch or only a subset of them if I need to. Scheduled backups and also alerts are really useful.

I would love to get more communication from ManageEngine when they release new product upgrades.

Alain G.
IT Auditor in Paraguay

Review of the MENCM

Kommentare: The software helps us keep track of the movements made in the different connections, changes made, which helps us a lot to keep organized and registered.

The software is very easy to use and intuitive, very fast and responsive. The graphical interface is excellent.

The integration was a bit difficult, but when integrating correctly everything worked without problems.

Abdul khddus S.
Sr. in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PRoduct update and managing is easy

Kommentare: 9/10

Easy to access detailed information easy backup

device templates and integration no monitoring in one single product or no integration with single product

Eugene G.
Senior Systems Engineer in UK
Medienproduktion, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Good Times With NCM

Kommentare: Excellent tool and a great deal for the dollar

Excellent network device switch and firewall tool.

Some of the templates don't fit certain versions and have to have custom templates made. That feels a little clunky

Tim S.
Senior Network Engineer in UK
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

NCM Review

Kommentare: Overall the product is very stable and works continuously. We've had a handful of issues, but the support team were great on identifying and resolving issues for us.

We backup all out devices hourly and have emailed change detection enabled, this is key for our global team to understand any changes made clearing showing the before and after changes.

We have some Cisco ASA Firewalls with multiple contexts which are only accessible from the mgmt context, so are not able to see each context in NCM. As a workaround, we use configlets to backup all context files by tftp instead. Also it would be great to have the open to change a device template attached to a device, currently if we want to use a different device template, we have to delete and re-add - which also loses all config change history.

Johan D.
Infrastructure Engineer Network,Security&Telecom in Belgien
Computer-Vernetzung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Opmanager NCM

Kommentare: Backups of configs of our switches. You get a nice overview in graphs/reports which switches have been backed up successfully.

I like the nice interface and the responsive support that remotely helps in case of problems. It is easy to shedule backups of configs of your switches and to verify what changes have been done to these configs or compare configs. Scripting for deploying vlan's across several switches for example is also an easy task.

Although the interface is nice ;if you sometimes look for something it is sometimes difficult to find what you are looking for because there are so many things where you can click onto.... It is a pity that Vlan overviews and some other useful info are a separate product (included in portmapper);I think it should be included by default into NCM.

Warren S.
Infrastructure Engineer in UK
Telekommunikation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

One Pane of Glass

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My overall experience is a positive one and I think once the small bugs are addressed it will be a very popular product at a third of the cost of some industry leaders such as Solarwinds. Perfect for businesses that sit on the threshold between medium and large business.

NCM, along with its supporting packages gives you a very powerful toolset. NCM is amazing at providing all the necessary management features all in one pane of glass. The ability to track changes and backup are very useful as well as the ability to alert and monitor interfaces.

There isn't one specific feature that i didn't like however I would say that there appears to be a mixed experience when it comes to implementing. There appears to be a bug with running backup and change detection at the same time, some switches tend to repeat certain syslog messages and this in turn creates a backup loop.

System Engineer in Italien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

NCM Best Features

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Managing many network devices, NCM helps me to backup configurations centrally.
In addition, the orchestration and execution of scheduled scripts greatly facilitates the administration and management of assets based on customer requests.

- Programmable configlets - Centralized backup - Groups - Firmware vulnerabilities wanrnings - Integration with other Manageengine products - Accurate reports - Technical Support is fast to reply and also very kind and helpful

- Sometimes internal DB mantain deleted records indexes - UI is a little bit glitchy on certain menus

letztes Jahr

Hey there, thanks for your valuable feedback. Please write to us ncm-support@manageengine.com at so that we can assist you.

Ahmed H.
Network and communication Supervisor in Katar
Öl & Energie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Value and easy to use

Kommentare: great experience in total, will recommend to others

the change detection feature is a very comprehensive config review.

Slow in adding new features, not like other manageengine products

Edgar O.
Manager IT in Ecuador

NCM, Fast, Reliable at an Acceptable Value

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It is a simple tool with good functionalities, at a low cost for the functionalities it brings.

The most interesting thing is the ease of installation and configuration to start with the monitoring of network devices.

It could be pointed out that what I did not like about the tool is the need for another tool to create more advanced reports than those available in the tool in an agile and simple way.

Deepak P.
Manager in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

NCM The best tool for NW configuration monitoring

Easy to use UI. Configration Change management tracking is effortless.

There is nothing we need to mention here.

Dhanasekar N.
Network administrator in Indien
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good prodict

Kommentare: good

keeping track of changes and ease of use

overall good experience but templates for old devices

Manager - IT in Indien

Manage Engine NCM

Kommentare: Manage Engine NCM is very reliable and efficient tool when manage network end points such as Routers & Switches. It can schedule backup & deployment easily and more efficient when reporting.

Easy to use Easy to manage & deployment Easy to reporting

When doing bulk deployment, system is slow responding.

Carl A.
Infrastructure Services Manager in UK
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Audit Tool

Kommentare: I have used this product to manage small and large deployments (up to 550 devices) with minimal effort.

This is a great product to easily capture device configuration changes from a multi-vendor estate.

Ensuring device templates are aligned to Dell products has been a challenge.

Sam P.
Infrastructure Manager in USA
Tiefbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Simply and reliable

We get the most value out of the ease of setting NCM up. Adding new devices is simple and fast. Fast compliance checks are very valuable for us as well.

Device template additions. You have to request them and then wait.

Binu S.
Network IT in Australien
Logistik & Lieferkette, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and works well

4 letzten Monat Neu

easy to add and remove devices, very user fiendly

customising the template for syslog and configuration

Lee B.
Technical Operations Director in UK
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

1500 Host deployment in less than a day.

Kommentare: Helpful and intuitive

Ease of use and great customer support see our entire asset base for one of our Projects built and backing up in less than 8 hours.

NA in this case. With the roll out of this software I did no experience any issues which would lead me to give a negative comment here.

Ugendra R.
Network Engineer in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, this product is a great tool to have especially when you have small team and it makes it easier to make changes or do upgrades on the devices.

very easy to install and onboarding devices is very simple.

one feature that will be helpful if ncm can send alerts when a user logins to device

letztes Jahr

Hey Ugendra, thanks for your valuable feedback. Please write to us ncm-support@manageengine.com at so that we can assist you.

Mike L.
Network Administrator in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

From Rancid to NCM

Kommentare: I moved from RANCID to NCM this year as RANCID gave me the bare minimum with no support. After looking into various other solutions I found that NCM was the best fit for my needs as a Network Administrator.

The pros are the UI and ease of use. Seeing my entire network hardware inventory on one dashboard has made management so much easier.

No cons currently. The product suits my needs completely..