Carestream Dental Erfahrungen

Über Carestream Dental

Zahnmedizinische Bildbearbeitungsprogramme, die medizinischem Fachpersonal helfen, korrekte Diagnosen zu liefern und die richtige Behandlung zu identifizieren.

Erfahre mehr über Carestream Dental

Slow, outdated, tech support is costly for almost nothing.

Bewertungen zu Carestream Dental

3,0
2,8
2,9
2,6

Carestream Dental hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 2,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 65 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Carestream Dental bereits verwendet?

Kevin
Kevin
Paraprofessional in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use

Kommentare: Very good- I learn something new with the software weekly.

My side job is a dental assistant and we use soft dent. Softdent is very easy to use and it is quite straightforward. I find it easy to navigate, schedule appointments, dental chart, take X-rays, and send referrals to other offices.

Sometimes I feel as though it can be difficult to treatment plan a patient's dental work. For example, it can be confusing when the pending treatment gets mixed with past procedures that were already done. I wish there was an easy way to "clean up" old treatment plans and add "watches" to the charts.

Briana
Office Manager in USA

CS SoftDent Dental Software

Kommentare: Overall my experience with CS SoftDent has been unsatisfactory. Between the time it takes to get someone from customer support to assist you to the charging for features that are free from other dental software companies, we have decided to change our software to a cloud based one.

I appreciate how easy SoftDent is to use. Yes there is a learning curve when you first being utilizing it but overall it is simple.

The lack of included features makes CS SoftDent inferior to other dental software that I have experience with. In order to do simple customizations such as changing/customizing the medical history form, you have to pay additional fees and even then there are significant limitations. Recently our state required all medical prescribing offices to use electronic prescribing methods, in turn CS SoftDent decided to charge an exorbitant amount of money on top of our monthly fee for a service that is now required.

Crystal
Patient Care Coordinator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Carestream is practical and useful when it comes to scheduling in the dental industry.

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall I think the software is very practical. It's right to the point, no fancy extra's. It was super easy to learn and to train other teammates. We use this software everyday so it is a key component to our everyday tasks.

I love how the clipboard and attachments are easily accessible by just right clicking on a patient's appointment. I also like how Carestream support is one phone call away. The reps always help with any concern or question I may have.

I don't like how it takes so many steps to leave a note on a patient's chart. As scheduling coordinator I like to leave notes about every call I take but this software makes that difficult and time consuming.

Antwort von Carestream Dental

vor 4 Wochen

Thank you for the positive feedback.

Bgj
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Look elsewhere. Horrible service and product

1,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Absolutely terrible. All customer service is another country and no one seems to be able to communicate

Very little. The software is cumbersome

Customer service is atrocious. The product itself does not work well and buyer beware!!!

Alicia

Poor customer service

The definition of radiograghs is surperb. That is all I like about it. I think for definition it is better than dentrix. I have been a hygienist for 16+ years and I think for the quality of films it is definitely the best I have seen. It is nice that you can use the radiographic system apart from their software system as far as maintaining records. We use strictly the program only for images. We use digital software. We capture Intra oral films, radiography with a sensor, panos, as well as 3D images. It is great for all of this. All of the images are very well defined.

Kicks you out of program, customer service terrible and takes lots of time. Whenever you have a problem you have to call them and wait on the line as they try and figure out what the problem is.

Spencer
Orthodontist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The worst software and company

Kommentare: I wholeheartedly agree with with every negative comment made about this company. I was getting by just fine using a practice management software that was a fraction of the cost of Orthotrac but I allowed myself to foolishly be sold on Orthotrac thinking because it was made by a large corporation that the product and customer service would be better, I was wrong on both accounts .Orthotrac cloud is nothing like what is advertised. You cannot simply just log on from any device anywhere as promised you actually have download program on every device you wish to long on with and even then you can only log on a certain number of dedicated devices and if you try to use a new device you risk functionality loss. Their goal in not living up to their claim of any device anywhere is to upsell its customers on buying additional usernames which depending on who you talk with varies from $45 to $90 for each username on top of the monthly exorbitant monthly fee and other additional addons for eservices.
Lastly,The customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with in any industry. NO ONE RETURNS YOUR CALLS so if you have any issue you are S.O.L.

There is really nothing I like about the software. It isn't that easy to use and the support is terrible

The imaging and practice management software aren't that functional and is integrated poorly.

Brandon
Dentist in
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Blast from the past Dental imaging software

Kommentare: Carestream does have good support; Supporting bad software is almost as good as having no support. So a lot of customers must perceive that Carestream is lacking in support when in fact the software is really a Frankenstein Software with mish-mash of programing designed for Windows 1998 and XP. Its 2017 and Windows 10 is very different level of programming.

The software carried us through for the past 10 years. Well programmed for its time. Uses Eclipse instead of SQL. Isn't Eclipse freeware?

Buying new Server Hardware has its limits and can't compensate for Old programming. Some of the the .ddl are specific to windows XP? Poor Database - lag of 12 seconds? Google is freakin' faster and Carestream database is internal network. Complained about software issues since 2011 with no hope of Carestream forming a team to redevelop the Dental Imaging system When you start using the system, you learn too much about poor software via your tech complaining at least once a week. I fix teeth for a living and I know too much about why Carestream software has problems. So.... you really think you want to go to CbCt and digital impressions with Carestream? 12 second lag with 2D images..... Would you want to pay staff to wait 15-30min for an image?

Heather
CDPMA in USA

Hit and More Miss

Kommentare: I wish there were fewer bugs or better solutions. A Dr.s office waiting 2 hours on hold is simply not an acceptable service standard.

Relatively inexpensive scanner compared to other brands Scans of teeth print well on our 3D Printer Image presentation software is ok The ability to email PDF layout of model layouts is nice

There seem to be a lot of bugs that happen with the frequent updates. None of these things are usually available on the webpage on the hold system provides. Hold times may be long (est 1 hour 15 min today, one person ahead of me now at that time and system says 55 minutes more est to hold). Do not think that being a health provider with scheduled patients makes you a priority, or that the company considers it's healthcare providers a priority. The person logging in may take a very long time to solve the problem, sometimes reverting back to installation questions you might be able to answer from years before. You pay for this support. These scans can not be used to submit for Invisalign.

Nancy
office manage in USA

X-rays

I think the customer support is outstanding, they will walk/talk you through any problem you may have. If that doesn't work, they'll remote in and get it figured out for you. Great group of people.

Recently had to get a new sensor and it had to be installed by third party that does it for offices. First thing I was told was this would not be simple, because it never is with Carestream. They were correct. Thought it was done, wasn't, and turned around and came back before getting far away. Thought it was done again because Carestream had them go through the server. Didn't work for all computers. Install is coming back again so all computers can access the program. It's not a bad program, it's just not a great one.

Bryan

Absolute Horrible Experience

Kommentare: I used Softdent for 3 years along with Carestream/ Kodak Imaging and what a nightmare. The system would crash on a regular basis. The images would take up to 2 minutes to appear. Carestream/Kodak Dental Imaging software should work together because they are from the same developer. They don't. Constant crashing and the Tech support would always blame the hardware. It was brand new hardware. I once had the hardware tech in the office when I called tech support. When they blamed the brand new hardware the hardware tech asked the Softdent Tech, show me the error code. The Softdent Tech couldn't. The Hardware Tech then told the Softdent Tech, "stop blaming the hardware for your poorly written software". At that point, they finally stopped blaming the brand new hardware. We had a dedicated imaging server, which was recommended by Softdent, then when I became so irate with tech support, they transferred all the imaging data to the main server, which didn't help. This was a start-up practice with relatively low amounts of data and a small database. I then demanded my money back for all the Carestream products, the intraoral sensors, intraoral camera, pano, extraoral camera, and software. I was put in contact with the VP of customer relations, who was very nice, and she said there was no return policy. She did send out a tech from Atlanta to Arizona and he was in my office for 3 days. He still couldn't get it to work right. The software is so piece milled together that each module has different icons for the same thing. The database was rebuilt multiple times. Good luck trying to care for patients, it was a full-time job getting the system to work right, which it never did, even though it was all from the same company. I do not know how they are still in business. If you have low blood pressure and would like to have high blood pressure or may be an aneurysm, buy Softdent.

Pretty marketing pictures

Everything. It doesn't work Period!

lacee
Office Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

CS Softdent

Kommentare: Cs Softdent has been a great, friendly experience in more ways than one. I got the opportunity to join the Carestream family in Texas at the Natural summit in 2019. I overall learned so much from that weekend and the Carestream trainers and staff were extremely helpful to our office questions and I still have contact with a few of them to this day for help.

This software is very user friendly, it's easy to learn and move around from scheduling to pulling the patient's chart, treatment planning, and verifying insurance. The blue book is our gem we are able to give proper estimates to patients as they walk out the door. The perk I truly enjoy the most is being able to have quick buttons to access information very quickly. Softdent makes it easy with having great customer service and technical support staff available all the time. Our entire office is Carestream in someway our imaging from sensors, the Pano machine, and our new investment the Carestream 3100 milling machine in our laboratory.

Softdent 17.1.1 that it is not a cloud base software and with our internet speed it can run slower at times. We have looked into Carestream Cloud software that is new and we are considering switching when the time is right and our server no longer can hold any more information.

Christopher

Best Dental Practice Software

Kommentare: I've used SoftDent for over 3 years now since I started working at my current dental practice. On top of all of the capabilities of this software and the awesome interface, Carestream also has additional devices that are a must have for the software that can make your practice so much better. For example, the intraoral cameras, digital xray sensors, and CT scanner made by Carestream integrate so well with SoftDent and I use them daily on nearly every patient. I can't imagine ever using another dental software. Once you go SoftDent, you don't go back.

What isn't there to like about this software? This software is an all inclusive dental practice software with tons of features. I love the easy-to-use interface. I have worked in other dental offices before and have used competitor software, such as EagleSoft, and SoftDent is so much better and just overall has a better feel and experience.

I honestly can't think of anything that I don't like about this software.

Harold
Partner in USA

The Benchmark for Orthodontic Software

Kommentare: I highly recommend Orthotrac to anyone considering purchasing a new Ortho Software Program. I have been a user of Orthotrac for almost 20 years and they have successfully improved any of the deficiencies in the software.

We are a very busy Orthodontic Office with ~ 40 computers running Orthotrac. The program is solid, we rarely need to contact support for any issues. When we do need support they are very willing to remotely connect to our system and solve any problems while we continue to treat patients. One of the most important things to me was finding a comprehensive software with a strong, efficient support department, which this company definitely has. The new charting module is amazing.

Claudia
Patient Coordinator in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Carestream dental is a fairly easy software to use. I've used other software and this is my fav!!!!

Kommentare: I love that it's easy to learn and very practical.

I like that you can dock patients to your staff members to communicate with them and that you can also leave alert notes in patient's account regarding financial, medical and personal information.

what I least like about this software is that when you call to confirm appointments it doesn't allow you to specify how you confirmed it. Also, when posting patient's there is no way to show that you have already posted payment or procedures to their accounts. It'd be really helpful if they could maybe have a specific color theme for that so you can keep track and stay organized.

Krista I.
Krista I.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Softdent is very easy to use and navigate.

Kommentare: Good- I have been using it more often in various offices and it is very easy to use.

Softdent is a newer software to me but it has been quite easy to learn and use. I like how the schedule is easy to read, the columns can be color coordinated (dentist vs hygienist), I like that you can add a tiny little sticky note to the patient's appt incase you want to write an important note (for example: allergic to amoxicillin etc), and it is quite easy to dental chart and treatment plan a patient's decay/crowns/xrays/etc.

The format looks a little outdated, for example, it looks somewhat grainy or pixilated. Therefore, the graphics could be updated to a more modern look.

rush
owner in USA

poor software and expensive

Kommentare: Poor. Got stuck with them because I purchased a practice and inherited the contract. could not wait for the year to be over.

nothing comparing to eaglesoft or open dental I have used

cost. hoops you have to go through to use different modules. if you want charting you have to call and sign up. Erx has to be downloaded on every computer used even if you already have the software on your computer. Poor third party e service companies working with softdent.

Thomas
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Softdent is Expensive and often troublesome

Kommentare: Very difficult times

Charting module is ok. But You need a lot of practice before you get used to it.

Cloud is so slow and when it fails no one helps. Customer support is very poor. You are on hold for hours. Can't put any sticky notes anywhere for follow up care or management. You still need to use paper sticky notes.

Jodi
Patient Coordinator in USA

CS Imaging has been helpful

Kommentare: The software allows me to print out xrays in an efficient way for both myself and the Doctor. It allows for pertinent information to be printed out with the image that helps everyone working.

My favorite thing about the software would be how it gives me the option to have the patients date of birth printed out on the xray. This really helps identify who the xray belongs too as well as saves us a step of labeling it.

My least favorite thing about the software would be that it is sometimes temperamental. I do not like that there are times when it will not allow me to flip a panoramic xray horizontally to view. This does not happen all the time but it does happen often enough.

Matt

Look elsewhere

There are a nice set of reports that can be run using the software. Really trying to struggle to fill the minimum character requirement... I suppose that those reports are nice...

The cost is atrocious. I am locked in thru a previous practice owner. Forever. No joke. Once every 2 years or so they supposedly update the software, but these changes are negligible. Also, trying to use this for chairside charting is not an option, the graphics on the odontogram look like an old Atari system.

Evan
dentist in Kanada

Functional but glitchy

Kommentare: Once you get to support it has always been fast an efficient. Getting to the right person though ..... can sometimes be a nightmare of being transfered multiple times

Allows for lots of different views and ways to capture an image and can add lots of layers of enhancements to the image

Glitchy - sometimes the image is lost between the server and the workstation. Sometimes it doesn't save Not as intuitive as I'd like - often I have to rotate the images to the proper orientation

Martha
Office Manager in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

easy to use imaging system

Kommentare: the images that are being taken are clear and pop up fast, so we are able to show are patients right away. The overall flow of the program is well thought out.

Easy to use and install. If your needing to call support someone is always there to help. If a call back is required they are very prompt with getting back to you.

We are pretty happy with the overall working of the software. Maybe a small handful of times we have had to call support within a year, if that.

Sara
DDS in USA

Garbage!!!!!

Kommentare: DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!!
Spend your money wisely.
Get Eagle Soft or Dentrix.
Stay away from this outdated system.
I am switching ASAP!!!!!!!!

None!!! It was what I could afford at the time, but I am not recommending it to anybody. Not user friendly. Slow, outdated, tech support is costly for almost nothing

Crashes very often, non compatible with major Antivirus. Expensive for tech support that covers only minor issues. Every feature is extra money for what you need: like e back up, perio charting, etc. Costumer Service is horrendous!!! They take forever to answer the call. They are always sorry, they transfer you to 10 people before someone can give you a straight answer if he or she knows what’s going on. You spend 45 min to 1 hr to get you problem solved. If your lucky. System is not user friendly at all. When the Reps try to sell you the system they do not disclose all these “minor details”. They tell you, you will love it for the price. My contract is indefinite. Is yours? If you want to cancel, there will be a penalty charge. Nobody has any idea of what’s going on in this place. You get a different answer depending on who you talk to for the same issue you are trying to get resolved. Absolute “Garbage”!!!!!!!

Nancy
office manager in USA

Technical Support

The ease of use and the fact that their technical support team is hands down, one of the best, if not the best help I've had. Very patient with me or any other team member that has to call them. Very knowledgeable and work until they get the job done correctly. Kudos to all of them.

Can't think of anything. I don't know what the cost is, so I can't factor that into this review.

Juli
Medizinische Praxis

Review of Softdent Practice Management Software

I am familiar enough with it to navigate through the software with ease

The software is incredibly SLOW. I recently updated all of my computers and server in the office and despite this, the program is painfully slow. If I could only get back the time I've spent watching that darn blue circle go around and around! The IT guy tells me that it has nothing to with my computers or server, it is the software. He does IT work for quite a few dental offices and tells me that he wouldn't recommend anybody purchase the software. He says it may have been a good product 8 years ago, but now there is much better, faster, more user friendly dental software on the market. FYI, this software came with an existing practice that I purchased. I wouldn't have chosen this software myself.

Tracy
Internal Marketing Coordinator in USA

Great

Carestream dental software seems to be fairly easy to use. They try to keep it very user friendly.

I wish when you marked a patient "confirmed" that it gave the option of how it was confirmed. I've used other software in the past that has given a dropdown menu with items such as "left message w/ adult", "left message w/ child", "left message on voicemail" etc.