Very happy to have found PirateShip ; suits my shipping needs extremely well.

Bewertet am 29.6.2018
Jackie M.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Etsy marketplace has changed their billing system to pay-as-you-go. I would rather prepay via Credit or Debit Card to earn rewards with my card. This was the impetus for finding PirateShip and it is suiting my needs very well on a daily basis.

Vorteile: - It's FREE!
- You get the same great postal discount the marketplace sites are hyping as their 'exclusive user rate' without being tied to their site's billing protocol.
- It IS, however, integrated with the big marketplaces, so you can import your orders directly from them to PirateShip to use PirateShip's labels.
- You get a dashboard on your home page that shows all your purchased labels, sorted by recency, and it includes the name, tracking number, delivery date and time.
- Site supports many printers as well as older Zebra thermals, like the popular LP-2488-Z.
- Customer support is fairly quick to respond via the Chat interface. (usually within 5 minutes).
- You can prepay in an increment that YOU select (and there are number to pick from) , or pay as you go for each shipping label. And you can check your balance anytime in the Reports section.

Nachteile: - Slight learning curve in how to use the site. I fumbled my first label by allowing PirateShip to use the specs that came from the Marketplace and the weight was incorrect. Now, I am more observant and watch the weight before I print the label.
- If you choose to import the customer data from Etsy, PirateShip will automatically send the tracking number back into the Etsy transaction so you don't have to. This is great - except when you make an error on the shipping label and need to cancel the label and buy a 2nd one; there is no way (at this time) to delete the incorrect label information from the 1st label. It might confuse the buyer on Etsy, and you may have to write an explanation to them if it does.

Great for small businesses

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Digital Content Designer
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Pirate Ship was suggested to me because I was getting frustrated about shipping costs outside of paypal and PayPal has started to restrict your use of their labels unless the transaction went immediately through them. As an artist who sells merch, this was frustrating. Pirate Ship has comparable rates which is awesome, and their interface is much easier to use. PLUS, I found out they have microshipping for Global shipping, where they can activate much lower rates for your international order. To my knowledge, they're the only free shipping site who can do this.

Nachteile: My only con is that the global shipping perk is something I had to figure out from a friend and message them about as it's not set by default nor is it easy to find information on.

Make your other shipping portals walk the plank

Bewertet am 10.3.2019
Brian M.
CIO
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Incredibly responsive support, always on live chat, and they manage expectations (we are back in 10-15 min, here are some limitations, heres the company roadmap). Really a fantastic company and set of guys, and I'm excited to see where they take this company. OR, in pirate speak, Ye mateys always be hoisting a flag when we bring the ship in for repairs, always have a pirate posted to scribe out answers when we leave our brains out at sea, and keep us happy when we are ready to make people walk ye old plank. Great set of plundering fools who deserve all the grog and mead and wenches available, and am excited to see where they cast anchor in the future with the shipping ship, as we would follow them across the seas to plunder where they go!

Vorteile: Ease of use, and savings. Hands down doing side by comparisons, there are significant savings. Also, being able to use the cubic priority function of USPS has been a breeze, and I don't have extra steps to confirm for "delivery." One recent shipment was ~$150 on another platform, and <$100 on PirateShip. SCAN forms for EOD are super easy to find and print, and have made my life a breeze. The individual tracking right now for packages really goes above and beyond what I have seen in the past, and really like the interface on a package level.

Nachteile: No real funcitonal complaints, and definetly nothing that would make me change. Just my $.02 from using it, and this is mostly because I'm lazy: - Push notifications when packages have been delivered in browser or through notification center (personal preference)
- App for on the go tracking (personal preference, since I'm not always at the office)
- Amazon integration, but I have reached out to the team, and it should be released soon. Again, I'm transferring things manually, but the time it takes to do it manual (just a few min) REALLY makes it worth it when I saw how much time I was saving.

Outstanding product with the best customer service!

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Coty T.
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Pirate Ship has made bulk shipping, single shipping, and international shipping a breeze! Customer service through them is second to none, and I would highly recommend everyone to give them a chance!

Vorteile: First and foremost, I love the cost. Pirate Ship offers THE BEST prices around to ship, even compared to eBay and PayPal shipping costs when I ship through my store. The customer service is the best you can ever ask for. During the sign up and registration, they were there for me nonstop, every step of the way to make sure I had all of the help I needed!

Nachteile: There aren't many cons about this company, aside from sometimes the prices aren't cheaper, but only by a few cents to a dollar in difference.

I used to hate shipping labels now I love them, and save money while at it!

VP of Awesome
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Ever since I started shipping with Pirate Ship I started saving money, by far, period. They have a variety of discounted rates not available through Ebay shipping labels. I can't believe how much money I literally threw away with Ebay labels. I have been using PS for about two years now and I remember only having an issue with an international label that for some reason didn't appear on my orders list, well I contacted PS and in minutes, literally minutes I had a real person (with eye patch and wooden leg I assume) in a chat window and informed me that Ebay was having some issues with International orders. Every time I have needed customer support they have been there for me. I always insure my shipments, I have only once had to make a claim because USPS was rough with my packages and the PS staff assisted me all the way through with the claim and it all got resolved to my satisfaction.

Vorteile: Easy of use like no other I have tried before it. It simply works, never crashes, always shows my orders as it should.

Nachteile: no support for FedEx, only USPS, which is fine as I mostly use USPS but it'll be nice not to have to use the overly chaotic FedEx website.

Ahoy Mate, this be the finest Ship in ye postal yard!

Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Rob R.
Producer/Videographer
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I absolutely adore Pirateship and what it offers. Everything is well thought-out, it has efficiently-producing features (intuitive import mapping, rubber stamps, per-label tracking, end-user notification), the business model makes it *FREE* for end-users to use. What's not to like? I'm so thankful this company/product exists!!! YAY! My parrot, Simon, agrees. (as he lifts his head high, and declares "I am a pirate... ARRRRRR!")

Vorteile: 1 -- FUN!! I smile every time I sign in!
2 -- Saved profiles -- it remembers your frequently used profiles to make one-off shipping simple!
3 -- Shows all options to find the best rate, applying Media discounts, and estimating times!
4 -- IMPORT Mapping -- that works! Although it doesn't do well with multi-tabbed worksheets, it imports single-tabs great, with an integrated field-mapping interface to make multi-order shipping so simple!
5 -- Automatic Per-Label Tracking! Their system, behind the scenes, polls USPS tracking data, so for your batch shipments you can see what % has been delivered, and where each individual package is! BRILLIANT, useful, and well thought out!
6 -- RUBBER Stamps! Labels can have custom "rubber stamps" (text) that prints on the label. We use this to help describe what goes in each package during our packing process.
7 -- Recipient Notification -- At a designated time, it'll automatically e-mail all the recipients to let them know a shipment is coming.. sweet!

Nachteile: - Would like to see support for multi-sheet excel workbooks.
- Would love to be able to print my own JPG/PNG logo in the return-address section

Get aboard PIRATESHIP and save $$$

Bewertet am 31.10.2018
Chris K.
PMF Agent
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am a relatively small ebay seller, but ever since another seller told me about Pirate Ship, I have done ALL of my shipping here. Integration with my ebay account was easy, and the labels even look better than when I used to print from ebay (no dotted lines to trim away and no annoying promotional message that ebay likes to tack on). I really appreciate the savings I get with the Cubic Rate Priority--- that alone is worth using it. Overall, a fun and easy site to use and savings are AWESOME!

Vorteile: I love the SAVINGS, especially with Cubic Rate Priority Mail, which has saved me about $2 on every shipment that qualifies. This is the only software that passes these awesome savings on to us -- woo hoo! I also love that the response time is super quick if I submit a question. Great customer service!

Nachteile: Only thing that could be better is automatically importing ebay's Global Shipping Program sales. I don't have a whole bunch of them, and there is an easy workaround by doing a manual label and just copying the address (GSP always goes to Kentucky).

Best Shipping Program Available!

Bewertet am 20.6.2018
Katie F.
CEO/Founder

Vorteile: Pirate ship makes keeping track of my shipments easy! The integrate with multiple shop platforms so I can seamlessly import my labels as batches. I can save my most commonly used settings and can pull up addresses we've shipped to before with just a name or email address. They have the best pricing I've found and for a subscription box company that ships hundreds of boxes a month that savings add up quickly. Their customer service is EXCELLENT and they are continuously adding new features and functionality.

Nachteile: I can't think of a single downside to using Pirate Ship! It really is a superior program ran by awesome people truly interested in their customer experience.

Overall a Great Tool and Value (Especially Since It's Free)

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Breakpack Orderfiller
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It provided the lowest possible rates I've found for USPS shipping. Also, it easily integrates with online stores such as eBay and Amazon. It offers specific USPS shipping rates (cubic rate, for example) that other online shipping platforms don't. You can easily track your label purchases and orders, monitor tracking information status for the orders themselves. Also, it is nice to be able to pay for only the specific order you're placing itself, as opposed to have to add funds to a site balance (such as with ShipStation, for example) that you then spend on the shipping cost.

Nachteile: It allows for USPS shipping only, and does not support other carriers such as FedEx or UPS (not to mention other carriers such as DHL). Some shipping options (such as USPS Media Mail) are hidden away under difficult-to-find sub-menus, almost as if they don't want users to use these cheaper alternative options. While I do appreciate the fact that the interface is very simple and seemingly intuitive, although this can sometimes become frustrating when it tries to auto-fill the address information while I'm typing (often incorrectly), forcing me to re-type the whole thing. Additionally, the simple interface sometimes makes me feel like some information is not being readily shown to me.

Pirate Ship makes shipping from three sales channels a breeze

Bewertet am 15.12.2018
Deborah Q.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Their customer support is unparalleled. I've had only a few questions because their documentation is outstanding, but when I needed an answer, I got one in MINUTES. I'm saving a BUNCH of money using Pirate Ship instead of Etsy shipping, both on the cost of shipping itself, and because Pirate Ship allows me to pay for shipping with my credit card where I earn cash back, something that Etsy no longer allows. (When you spend several thousand dollars a year on shipping, that adds up quickly - you can see a detailed analysis of my first month saving money with Pirate Ship here: https://tinyurl.com/y8v6c8xx/) I recently added two other sales channels - eBay and a Shopify website - and was anticipating difficulties with shipping orders from three sources, but Pirate Ship's integrations made it nearly seamless.

Vorteile: The ability to pull in orders from 3 different sales channels, the suggestions for what shipping method to use, reports that show which services I've used and which Postal Zones I'm shipping to the most, and the ability to "pay ahead" for shipping. Great documentation on all features, and so easy to get an answer to a question, either from their published documentation, or from online chat with staff.

Nachteile: It'd be great if all my pending shipments showed up on one sheet, and I could order multiple shipping labels from one page, but I'd be willing to bet they're working on that even as we speak.

Affordable rates

Bewertet am 20.9.2019
Maryann A.
Freelancer and online retailer
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Pirate Ship has greatly helped my online business because it has helped in reducing my shopping cost. I don't need to worry about extra costs, monthly fees and hidden charges.

Vorteile: Pirate ship is a software created modern small businesses and entrepreneurs. This shipping software is designed to help provide shipping services for USS approved postages. What I like the most is that it is affordable and easy to use. It only takes three steps to buy and print the postages whether it's a single parcel or a lot of them.

Nachteile: I do not have any dislikes because this software has been awesome.

Shipping software that actually makes sense!

Bewertet am 31.12.2018
Kimberly T.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer service is great... I have only had one instance where I needed assistance when I first started using the software. I save a lot on shipping and am able to pass the savings along to my customers - especially on international shipments.

Vorteile: It's FREE! There are no hidden costs and it provides the cheapest rates for USPS approved postage. Very simple to use. Imports orders from other platforms such as eBay, Shopify, and Etsy and returns tracking to those sites once a label is purchased.

Nachteile: There are no fees, volume commitments, or hidden costs - I have no cons to list.

Pirate Ship does not make you walk the plank!

Cherri M.
Self Employed
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Awesome. I do feel stupid sometimes when I ask a question when the answer is really obvious - but they put up with me! The one thing I highly recommend is that you really study the information on the cubic rates, if you don't you will be leaving money on the table.

Vorteile: It's free! It's easy! It's integrated with eBay and others and if it isn't, it's easy to paste in the info. Best of all, the priority rates are better, saving money is important when paying so much in fees to the seller platforms. AND their customer service rocks! You 'chat' with a real person and usually get an immediate response during the day or the next morning - that is gold. I've shared this program with everyone I know and they have done the same. It's that good! Thank you Pirate Ship!

Nachteile: There's nothing I don't like, however I will be happy when they do integrate with some of the other platforms.

Couldn't live without it/ Wish everything worked like this

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Angela K.
Owner operator
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I sell online on several platforms. Pirate ship has saved me a fortune over time. I've learned a lot from their files as well as asking questions they always patiently answer. I never would have dreamed of selling direct international but they make it so easy my doors are open to the world.

Vorteile: Love absolutely everything about Pirate ship. Very easy to navigate, intuitive interface, comical. Mounds of educational files. Off the chart customer service.

Nachteile: In 2 years of use I can't think of a single complaint.

PirateShip is Amazing

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Nathan L.
IT Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Their website is easy to use and quite capable, and their customer service is literally the best I've ever experienced. They even implemented a feature I suggested to them! If you ask me, they are by far the best way to purchase USPS shipping labels. Much better than USPS's own website, PayPal, or Stamps. I don't even know how they make any money since they certainly aren't billing us. We only pay the cost of the postage we use, which is the same or better than everywhere else. Even if their prices were the same as buying direct for USPS, I'd still use them because their site is so easy to use and their customer service is so superb. I think I've recommended them to several people already too.

Nachteile: It doesn't provide the most professional or business oriented appearance but it's also really refreshing that they are okay being different. If they really wanted to cover all markets, they could consider creating an additional brand for themselves that keeps the same system and amazing customer service, while perhaps changing the pirate theme to something a bit more business oriented. They could even add a multi-user system for companies. Even without making changes, I didn't think twice about suggesting them as a solution to replace the post office trips or Pitney Bowes for some of our other locations. They are seriously my favorite company of all time right now.

Easy to Use, Great Customer Service

Bewertet am 3.12.2018
Phil V.
Owner & Founder
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: If you're new to shipping in bulk, PirateShip makes it easy to figure everything out and find the best shipping prices possible. And their customer service is awesome! They're friendly, responsive and helpful.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to create additional "users" for my account so I could limit the amount that employees with access can (accidentally) spend on shipping. But maybe this is an option and I haven't found it yet :)

Pirate Ship is AMAZING!

Kaitee T.
OWner
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My shipping costs have not only gone down but my time printing labels has also gone down. I love being able to see all of my orders & their items in one place! I love the search & filter options. and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I have contacted them several times and they are always helpful, fast & friendly. I recommend pirate ship to every business I meet.

Vorteile: This software is so easy to use & has saved my company so much money! I love how fast I can get rates for multiple orders & it even makes custom forms a breeze.

Nachteile: I only wish I could highlight and categorize different orders with tabs or folders or colors. I would love to organize my international orders vs. domestic as well. Also wish I could see if something was marked preorder although I know this is due to a shopify issue.

EASY to use! FREE to use!

Mari G.
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great. I've used Pirate Ship to create labels for different selling platforms I use. I use it to provide free shipping on platforms where the lowest shipping option on the platform is more expensive than if using PirateShip. I contacted customer service once for help and they responded back very promptly and friendly. I recommend it to anyone looking to save money.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to figure out. The ability to import your sales from eBay is a fantastic feature that requires only the click of a button! Creating a label is very straight forward; fill in the info and purchase the label. It's easy to choose between 3 size options when downloading the label. The rates are great and the "Quick Rate Quote" has been more than helpful in getting an estimate on how and where to ship to. The ability to use th "secret" Priority Mail Cubic (Commercial Pricing) alone is a reason alone to like PirateShip.

Nachteile: Only thing I can think of is perhaps the lack of personal customization of your front page (I would like to hide/show past labels made) and lack of a confirmation prior to clicking "Buy Label"

Pirate ship is great for e-commerce

Henri B.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: lowest USPS rates now with International postage.

Vorteile: Easy to use, lowest USPS rates for little stores.

Nachteile: The database on the "SHIP" page is a little strange. It should default to latest orders or shipments but it does not. It can take several refreshes to get the orders in descending chronological order. Sometimes it displays correctly and sometimes it displays orders from the beginning of the year.
This is the most important page in Pirate Ship, I suppose it will be worked out in time. I used Endicia before and Endicia does this perfectly.

A Must for online business

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Lisa E.
Owner/maker
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love it! I use it every day and it saves me money. I print postage goofor etsy and eBay, soon to be Amazon and shopify all from one place. Great time saver

Vorteile: -Cheapest postage I can find
-no fees!
-very easy to use
-syncs with multiple sales channels
-superb customer service
-automatically imports order info and exports tracking numbers
-can pay for postage with a credit card

Nachteile: You can't edit addresses that are automatically imported, but if you need to change an address you can just create a new label from scratch without using the import

A true shipping life saver!

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Melissa P.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I don't think it's possible to be happier! Plus their customer service is outstanding! When I initially got started they sent out a "how's it going?" type email. I sent back that I was super happy with their product and service, and I even got a response back! No complaining or issues--just a "great job" type response from me, and I still got a response back from them! That's nice customer service. I will recommend Pirate Ship to every person I know who considers going to the post office!

Vorteile: It's super easy to use plus they have an intro video on how to get started! They give me the same deals that I get through Etsy shipping for my custom orders and make my shipping life so much easier. The only thing that could make life easier would be a label printer (versus manually cutting and taping paper to my packages) and they can print on that too! You can guess what I'll be shopping for on Black Friday...

Nachteile: I would like to be able to enter in multiple shipping labels and then purchase them all at the same time. I'm sure they can do this and I just haven't taken the time to figure out how yet. I came to Pirate Ship when I was in a serious time crunch and everything else was so easy I'm not going to worry about this. I see on the main screen that you can integrate with other sales programs (Etsy, Woocommerce, Shopify, etc) to pull order info, and also that you can upload your shipping orders via spreadsheet--I just haven't taken the time to learn how yet.

Should have switched to Pirate Ship sooner!

Natalie M.
OWNER
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: SAY YES TO PIRATE SHIP! Don't delay!

Vorteile: Pirate Ship is so easy to use. I can't believe I wasted so much time waiting in line at the Post Office. Now I can print labels at my own convenience and drop them off at the Post Office (skipping all the lines). What's even better than that? The cost! On small packages, I save almost $1; on large ones about $4!! It adds up. I wished I started using Pirate Ship sooner. I've told my friends who ship regularly to switch too! You should too!

Nachteile: I wish that when I make multiple purchases in one day that it would be debited from my bank account once instead of all the small little debits.

Absolutely fantastic, wish I'd found them sooner!

Bewertet am 21.6.2018
Mike M.
ceo

Kommentare: Better rates with a much easier to use platform!

Vorteile: Pirate ship is amazing. It's super easy to use and intuitive which is a breath of fresh air after our last shipping program. Their rates are great and you can compare them without signing up at all. Their customer service, so far, has been really wonderful as well, they're super responsive and know what they're talking about. I honestly can't recommend them enough, especially if you're a Cratejoy merchant!

Nachteile: I'd love a better emailing system for customer notifications. I'm overall very happy and don't have a ton to complain about. They seem to be building/improving constantly too!

Saving my company money everyday

De S.
Luxusgüter & Schmuck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We pay far less than usps and other companies prices. Recently they lowered our international rates, to save is even more! Their customer service is top notch amd they are always available to help.

Vorteile: Ease of use!it is one of the most simplistic interfaces on the market.

Nachteile: Nothing, it seems to just get better and better.

The crew are the best! Couldn't be happier

Bewertet am 11.9.2019
Kevin B.
Co Owner
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: They even switched their CC category for ME to help get extra CC points!

Vorteile: There is no upcharge at all, the platform is super easy to use, and customer service is top-notch. TOP!

Nachteile: Would be great to eventually get more than USPS as shipping options, but for now, it is so good, thanks!