Life saviour product for developers to detect and report crashes

Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Software Engineer
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's an amazingly powerful tool which we use in our firm for error reporting, monitoring, and resolving by checking the stack trace it provides line by line.
Best part I like about Bugsnag is its ability to share the stack trace for the error which helps me figure out the problem better.
I could integrate it easily into the internal chat tool we use in our firm, which helps me to keep notified about new error every time.
The application UI is pretty simple to use and get started with, along with the filters which are really helpful.

Nachteile: Nothing which I can say so far. I love the whole concept of it :)

Forget about log grepping when you have Bugsnag

Bewertet am 10.6.2019
Damian N.
Chief Executive Officer

Vorteile: Sentry-like approach is the best approach of catching errors in applications deployed in production. It logs all uncaught exceptions - including stacktraces, and the context - e.g. user affected, request parameters, and anything of relevance. It aggregates all errors and provides stats on them. This allows us to know how often a particular problem occurs, and are able to identify and fix problems before a customer contacts our support. And if a problem is reported to us by a customer, we can easily filter errors by user, and see everything they had problems with. No more log grepping - which takes much more time, and provides less information. For some customers, we didn't aggregate app logs at all because Sentry was everything that we needed.

Nachteile: Sentry.io is more affordable than Bugsnag. All Sentry plans include features that are restricted to higher plans in Bugsnag.

Keep track your apps bugs!

Bewertet am 3.10.2018
Web Developer

Kommentare: Overall Bugsnag is SUPER useful!

Vorteile: I've integrated Bugsnag in ALL of my projects. It's super easy to use and the setup is very minimal. If you're an app developer you should definitely be keeping track of your bugs! We've integrated Bugsnag with Slack and PagerDuty so we always know when a bug comes in. We've also used it to debug issues in production by logging certain data into Bugsnag. You could also record bugs for different app stages (local, staging, production).

Nachteile: The stacktrace doesn't always give you the full trace, so it can be difficult to find exactly where the bug is coming from.

Great app to capture internal server errors

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
QA-Engineer
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The price is affordable.
Saves my time in debugging the bug

Vorteile: I integrated the bug snug in my app. Its the most useful tool for my organization for tracking the errors. I use day to day in finding the errors. This exactly points out the error part of the code, which will help my time not to log in to sever to find out the issue

Nachteile: I feel it takes a bit time to get to know the app completely but totally worth it to integrate to our server

Having all errors from all projects visible in one place makes troubleshooting problems a breeze.

Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Coder

Kommentare: I don't even have to log into a server to know exactly where an issue is. It saves me so much time and hair pulling. I remember clearly when we first started using it, and it was like a weight had been lifted! Can't say enough good things about Bugsnag.

Vorteile: With Node.js being asynchronous, it can be tricky at times to track down a specific bug. Integrating Bugsnag has saved me so much time hunting down problems. I can quickly see where a problem is, what it is, and how many people it's affecting. Notifications also make it easy to catch issues before the users do. I can even quickly tell whether the issue is on a production or development server.

Nachteile: The layout is great, but it took a little getting used to. There are a lot of good features in there, so there's a bit to learn, but definitely worth it.

Amazingly affordable bug tracking solution

Bewertet am 23.4.2018
Ben M.
Head of Development Technologies
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The price is awesome (based on the number of team members, not the number of projects). It offers libraries and integrations with everything we've needed. Beautiful interface with simple tracking of each bug. Able to combine repeated instances of a bug into one automatically.

Nachteile: It's hard to find anything to complain about regarding Bugsnag. It's hard to remember to always set up the integration of new websites we launch, making it easy to miss issues on a site. But there's not much that Bugsnag can do about that, that's a human issue!

Awesome software for finding bugs

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
iOS Developer
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: - Easy to integrate as developer and easy to use it
- Reports can be generated very easily

Nachteile: - Pricing is a little bit high compared to the competitors
- Apart from this everything is fine and great

Easy Javascript Error Tracking

Bewertet am 31.7.2018
Brandon Z.
Web Designer

Kommentare: There are times when you need to be aware of client side errors your visitor's are running into. BugSnag is a perfect way to get started. BugSnag gives me the insight I need in order to troubleshoot code.

Vorteile: BugSnag offers a generous free plan, it's easy to get started, and the dashboard is beautifully designed. There are a number of Javascript error tracking services, but BugSnag is my favorite.

Nachteile: When trying to setup a custom error, I read the documentation and eventually got setup with what I wanted, but it was more difficult than I expected.

The best alternative to Sentry.

Bewertet am 24.1.2018
Lead Backend Engineer

Kommentare: Catching uncaught exceptions in production.

Vorteile: Better than decent UI
Good visual error data
Create issue from error page
Silence issue based on time/occurrence conditions
AMD Support (Javascript)
Source map support
Support for major languages (PHP, Python, Android, iOS, etc.)
Intake API

Nachteile: I didn't like about Bugnnag was the price per month. This is a great option in the error reporting space.

Been a brilliant tool for my #startup

Bewertet am 17.9.2015
Adrian D.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I've been using Bugsnag for 3 months now for our new app https://gridlocate.com, and it's been awesome. Bugsnag has helped us to identify and capture hundreds of error events, that we would not and coult not of found in our testing. Bugsnag was incredibly easy to install, easy to use and has helped us prioritise our bug fixes.

Vorteile: Easy to install
Easy to use.
Good pricing
Great for #startups

Nachteile: None. We're very happy.

Bewertet am 13.5.2018