Über Mural

Digitale Arbeitsbereiche für visuelle Kollaboration, Inspiration und Innovation –
überall, jederzeit und auf jedem Gerät.

Erfahre mehr über Mural

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Mural bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Daniel S.
Daniel S.
Lullaby in USA
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

No other Product Even Comes Close

Kommentare: This tool achieves many problems and is suitable for everyday use, personal use, small groups, and large working groups. Personal Use: visual organization and planning Small Groups: can quickly move ideas into visual representations that make it very easy to share with other people. MURAL's often become the foundation for projects which people come back to time and time again. It is very satisfying to collaborate with colleagues in this way as much of the applications we use day to day are only design for single users. Workshops: MURAL is powerful when put in the hands of a facillitator who can then guide a group of people through experiential learning and discussions which lead to emergent thinking and non-intuitive insights. Visual Documentation: Over the years I have become very proficient as a visual note taker in mural and can listen to speaker or meeting proceed and capture the meeting in a visually engaging way.

Mural is hands down the most versatile visual communication tool available today. What I love the most is that I can use the tool every day and that its easy enough for most people to get the hang of within a few minutes, allowing anyone to interact in high fidelity.

The one thing I don't like about Mural is that some people aren't pro users—I wish everyone were =) Also wish that MURALs could be a first class object in GSuite's Drive =)

Managing Director in Griechenland
Metallabbau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent planning tool - a bit challenging online collaboration

4 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall, the sessions we have used Mural were very productive and in some cases we were provided with insight (from the guides) that would not be part of our original options. This is an excellent feature that elevates our performance.

1. Many templates and guides to use out of the box - excellent! 2. A team can be introduced / onboarded easily, especially with the self-explanatory guides

1. The app is heavy for online collaboration when there is an issue with limited bandwidth for example

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Creately

Warum Mural gewählt wurde: We wanted to use a visual collaboration tool with many options/templates to accommodate different needs within the same app.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Notion

Jennifer K.
Design Director in USA
Design, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Perfect platform for design work sessions!

Kommentare: Solving design work sessions and visually organizing projects.

I'm a designer and given our agency is now WFH, we are all really missing our work sessions, locked in a room looking at a whiteboard, sketching, taping, etc. Mural has let us do that now digitally! Thank goodness! When one of my designers need me to review something, we set up a mural and I can sketch over their designs or leave post-it notes, plug in images for inspiration, anything. It's been such a game changer for agencies and designers.

I wish you could expand the artboards more or even have the option to do multiple artboards! There are times when we have huge projects that go on for months and we run out of room. Would love to have that be more flexible!

Noemi M.
Researcher in USA
Forschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

The perfect place to make sense of your mind

Kommentare: Overall, mural is my go-to for sense making - both of my own thoughts and those of a group. Its a perfect, no frills, low-risk way to get ideas down on paper and analyze, refine, synthesize. It moves my work forward tremendously. For people who are visual or external processors like myself - it's an excellent tool to facilitate these processes.

I love that mural gives me the tools to dump my ideas into one place and sort them. They offer great templates that give me a way to get started without being intimidated, and I love that I can invite coworkers in this space to see my thinking and to document their thinking there as well. Great springboard for conversations.

Sometimes I get a bit confused with the level of zoom and the amount of space available. I sometimes feel like my level of zoom and the sizing of the post its is not calibrated. it's hard to know how much to zoom in so that I can still read what's on sticky notes while still seeing the surrounding ones.

Andrew B.
SEO Manager in USA
Computer-Hardware, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

An excellent team collaboration and brainstorming platform

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Despite some of the functionality having an additional learning curve, Mural serves as an excellent way for remote teams (and even teams just wanting a more 'digital' brainstorming experience) to collaborate.

I love how easy Mural makes the process of visual 'mind-mapping' among remote co-workers. If we want to do an exercise, for example, that requires virtual 'sticky-notes' for brainstorming process improvements, Mural facilitates this process seamlessly.

Mural does take a little time to get up to speed on using it. You can definitely jump right in on some of the basic features, but to use some of its more advanced features (keyboard shortcuts, for example), it will take some time to learn them.

Kalavati S.
Project Manager in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Platform for Effective Collaboration

1) Ready to use templates (Business, retro) 2) No need to register 3) Easy to use 4) Helpful customer support

UI has room for improvisation The current UI looks clutter Need to motivate folks to use Mural

Israel C.
Head of Marketing in Irland
E-Learning, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Slick whiteboard option on paid plan

4 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, Mural was the best digital whiteboard experience I had, but I had to look for alternatives due to the issue with the trial period. I think that the other players in this space are catching up with Mural so that now I'm a customer of another tool.

The software works really well. Even when collaborating with many other users simultaneously, the "Facilitation Superpowers" are a convenient set of tools.

I started using Mural on the trial version, and when the trial expired, they locked me out. I had to contact the support team, which gave me a few more days to export a PDF version of my murals. They claim to have a "free forever" version now. But I haven't tested it yet.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Lucidspark und Miro

Ana S.
Graphic designer in USA
E-Learning, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A great tool for students, educators and teams in the education sector

Kommentare: It allowed having a consistent idea spread through our many team members. We all participate in created moodboards and guidelines for every project.

It made our lives so much easier. When having a lot of on-going projects with a big graphic design team it was hard to keep track of guidelines, styles and visual references without having to constantly ask each other for guidance. In Mural we keep murals for every project, designers go here everytime they have to participate in a new or existing project and document visually how it looks like and set all the important media accessible for everyone.

When we were considering it, we knew it was exactly what we needed but it was too pricey for our capabilities. After reading, we realized that they gave us a free year because we're on the education industry. This can be renewed once the year ends.

Ana B.
Architectural designer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic remote collaboration tool

Kommentare: Overall I really like using this on teams and have shared it with many people who have adopted it on their teams.I don’t think there is a similar product out there that is offering this type of features to the level mural provides for brainstorming

I was so excited to discover this tool and share with three of my teams. Since that time it has taken off at my company and teams are even using it with clients to communicate ideas and share design process with clients remotely. My first time using this tool was in a large meeting, complete remote, where people were sharing and documenting ideas for a brainstorming session, mostly using the sticky note function. The next time I used it on a different team, we really explored the functions this program offers, with importing sketches, sketching within the program, sticky notes and connection arrows... this has been fantastic to keep the intimacy of design collaboration going while we are not next to each other’s desks sketching on the same piece of paper.

The sketching feature could be vastly improved to be more like concepts offers, vs the paint app on windows computers that is currently mimics. Some of my teams find the pricing model to be too high as well

Djerane ndorangar A.
Chargé de Program in Tschad
Philanthropie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

MURAL- Un très bon outil de collaboration en ligne

MURAL très agréable de collaboration en ligne. La collaboration sur MURAL est virtuelle mais bien réelle comme un atelier en présentiel. Il est également un important base de données des modèles (modèle d'affaire, projet, etc.) qui peuvent être téléchargés et utilisés hors ligne.

Il manque malheureusement un système audio intégré

Gianluca C.
Designer in Italien
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A great tool with some improvement needed

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Mural is a great tool, generally speaking I am happy with it. It misses some feature (sometimes basic ones) that would make our work easier and faster especially in the configuration of new murals and organization of large rooms.

As a designer I use Mural daily to run co-design workshop with dozens of people. The simplicity of the tool makes it easy to understand and use even for people that are not much into technology. A couple of features I particularly appreciate are the content library (even though should be improved) and the possibility to multiple templates from different companies. Also che call feature looks interesting even though I never used it so far.

There are things that needs improvement fast. I'll list a few. 1. Rooms should allow to sort murals in alphabetical order and to have a simple list visualization. Also names should not be cut like they are now (the only way to see the full name is via the tooltip) 2. Rooms and archive in my opinion are not enough to organize murals. It would be way better to have rooms and then the possibility to organize murals in folders inside a room. 3. It should be much easier to change the room/mural permissions. We often have sessions with dozens of people but only a few of them should have the possibility to edit. At the moment there is no bulk way to change the view only/edit permission 4. Grouping elements inside a mural should be enhanced. At the moment you cannot have a group of groups and that makes it harder to keep a logical architecture of the elements in a mural 5. At the moment there is no specific feature to create schemes or diagrams. We really would love that. 6. It would be much easier sometimes to have the possibility to specify the object size manually. 7. Content library needs to be improved to be really useful. Elements needs folders for a better organization.

Heath M.
Product Manager in USA
Biotechnologie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Nothing else like it!

Kommentare: My organization is new to visual thinking, design thinking and collaborative decision making. Mural has been a powerful driver of cultural change. They are constantly on the leading edge of how you can get more from their model and their platform. If you do any design thinking or want to make decisions transparently and quickly...get Mural now.
Its more than whiteboarding - it's about thinking out loud!

Mural is a powerful collaboration tool that can be mistaken as a "virtual whiteboard". Which it is. But doing any collaborative decision making, doing any kind of design thinking, with remote teams is so much better with Mural than any other collaboration tool (webex, teams, etc).

Sometimes, for some users, there is a slight learning curve. So make sure for those users who are new to the tool, give them some prep work - create a Playground for them and be very intent on how you lock down the Mural so reduce any confusion they might have.

Ashish V.
Ashish V.
UX Designer in Indien
Internet, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

One of the best tool for remote collaboration

Kommentare: So far the experience has been smooth and rewarding, You don't need to travel to brainstorm ideas quickly with your remote teams or planning​ a project with teams in multiple locations.

Gone are are the days when you have to be co-located to run a workshop or collaborate with remote product teams, you can now think and collaborate visually anywhere anytime. I love how it mimics the real world experience of brainstorming, project planning or synthesizing the data, a lot of data. It does it all in real time without the needs of the team to be co-located. If you are new to design thinking, they already have the readily available template which can be used to run a workshop or just brainstorm the ideas. It works better on laptops/desktops but the best on touchscreen​ devices. A dream setup would be giant touch screens in all the locations.

Downloading the date for offline use takes time, It sends download link on registered email id. Time taken for that email to hit your inbox is not consistent, sometimes you get it within seconds and sometimes it takes minutes.

Writer & Designer in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

The digital whiteboard for the 21st century

Kommentare: Mural has helped our organization up the collaborative and interactive quotient to virtual meetings. It functions similarly to a whiteboard, but in the digital space. No more taking pictures of notes and trying to digitize them later. We just work directly in Mural and can even screenshare to see the space developing and growing in real-time. It helps us organize and align our thoughts as a team, while providing an artifact for later reference.

Mural is the thing you don't think you need and resist paying for or trying because you just don't need one more digital tool in your life and workflow. Until you experience it and realize you were so wrong. It's the one tool you actually can't live without. The concept is simple: a free space to create with a simple range of options (mostly text boxes and post-it notes). Think of it like a digital whiteboard. Then try to imagine life and meetings without a physical whiteboard. Exactly.

The range of options for what you can add to a Mural is somewhat limited, but that's a key part of its success. Having too many options would be paralyzing. Once you master the basic controls and options, the sky is the limit for what you can do. Lots of templates are available to help you get started or inspire you with what others have done and the Mural team is always offering support and webinars to help you explore the tool more deeply. One thing that has frustrated new users is getting the hang of controls especially if you are using on a computer (mouse vs trackpad controls are a bit different). But that is easily solved if you can get over your initial discomfort and commit to learning something new.

Özen Ş.
PSPO in Türkei
Öl & Energie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Makes Online Meetings More Effective

Kommentare: Before Mural, longer online workshops were not effective. Many attendees were losing their focus and the meetings were transforming into inefficient gathering activities. With Mural, we keep all attendees alive and interactive. You can reach working canvas where ever you are and especially voting feature makes easier to get mutual decisions in a democratic environment.

It allows all participants to work together and collaboratively at the same time. It is easy to use

I would like to have more templates to use. An open library would be beneficial to adopt this software easier.

Rob W.
Technical Innovation Leader in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Mural enables easy digital collaboration from novices to pros

Kommentare: I've been able to grow with mural and explore new worlds of collaboration ... both enhancing face to face workshops and enabling remote collaborators to have equal voices. Support from the mural team to help us explore new ways to effectively collaborate (not just use their software) have been compelling.

I really appreciate how easy it is to dive in and get started with little complexity or knowledge. Drop some stickies on an empty whiteboard and you're off ... or play with templates, voting, and other advanced features to drive amazing new collaborations that are only possible in the digital world.

In the past, I have disliked the lack of feature parity between web and mobile versions. That has recently improved.

Nathan L.
Senior Service Designer in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Digital-first collaboration

Kommentare: MURAL brings the whiteboard and the design studio wall online so that I can collaborate with clients and colleagues around the world. Now my entire workflow is in a digital medium, so I can a lot of efficiency that way.

I love that I can send anyone a link to a MURAL board and within 5 minutes they're totally comfortable using it. Yet beyond its simple on-boarding experience is a lot of flexibility that supports a wide variety of use cases.

There are some small interaction details reduce elegance: I'm not crazy about how its arrows/lines connect to notes/shapes. And it's hard to have a consistent typographic hierarchy, because text scales with shapes, and there's no other way to control type size.

Divya J.
UX Researcher in USA
Internet, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great for Collaboration

Kommentare: Collaboration. It is great for workshops and sprints. The fact that everyone can see and work on it at the same time is great, especially during remote work

The main value of this software is the collaboration aspect. I love that I can bring people together regardless of their tech fluency and with one icebreaker activity, I can get them to use the main functions they will need for the next few hours. The double click for post-its, the "follow me" function, are great. I love that you can paste a URL and it shows a thumbnail of the article.

Unless you have certain permissions, it is difficult to change your name. It was random that some people had Avatar names like "Visiting Sheep" and others "Ryan (Visiting Squid)". People were confused why it was not changeable, even though the UI allows you to write before you enter the room. But then it doesn't reflect. It is also difficult to zoom into certain post its if they are outside the main board but on the same screen. Zoom functionality is weird.

Michela G.
Knowledge and Insights Executive in UK

Unique in its kind

Kommentare: In my company we work a lot with design thinking and we create murals for our clients to make them create strategies. This tool has become necessary for our daily work and we could not be happier to be able to create such a good work in so less time, because Mural is so easy to use and intuitive and possibilities are endless.

Mural is the tool I've always been looking for to visualise concepts and create conceptual maps. But it is not only this, it can be a presentation tool, you can make infographics with it, you can easily and rapidly create artwork that does not need the use of Photoshop or Illustrator. It's the tool everybody should use to present ideas to the customers. What I like most of Mural is the ease of use, the millions of icons you have and can personalise with colour and the fact that you can drag and drop text, links, videos and gifs.

Few options could be improved to make it even better. For example you cannot decide the size of text therefore when you enlarge text boxes you loose track of the size. There is no option to create simple tables yet, deciding the number of columns and rows. There is no media library so you have to upload every time images instead of choosing from a library or copy and paste them from another mural. Alignment sometimes is not very accurate.

Faye S.
Principal Consultant in UK
Unternehmensberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Drive decision making and engage your audience

5 letztes Jahr

I’ve used Mural for over 2 years now to run remote workshops with groups of up to 15 participants. My clients really love it! The best thing about it in my view is that you can build from independent work to group exercises and discussions and using brainstorming and the voting tool to drive decision making and action. I also like that you can invite people to collaborate with you without them having to pay for membership. I’m the Mural expert at my organisation, I’ve created a short course covering all the things people typically want to know about using the tool all Ng with some best practice tips: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

The only thing that used to bug me about Mural was the fact that you couldn’t identify participants who joined as visitors (one time collaborators appear as anonymous animals). I noticed recently that visitors can now add their name which is really useful.I expect this change came from Mural user feedback, they do seem to develop the features over time.

Training Coordinator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A must have for remote work!

Kommentare: We use mural all the time. We use it to create timelines for projects, to lead design sessions, to discuss evaluations, and to visualize our work very often. We have created our own templates for activities that we use for project managing and design thinking often. Our team loves it, and we are a huge advocate of using it, specially if you work with a team that is remote.

Mural is awesome! The thing I love the most about mural is that it allows os to visualized our work and projects in a virtual space, and many people can access it and work from it at the same time.

It was hard to learn at first. If you are trying to get a team on board with using Mural, or a new member of the team, it can be very challenging to get them to learn. Specially if you are asking them to lead a full design session or activities that need to take place on the Mural. It takes time to get used to it.

Holly D.
Transformational Project Manager in USA
Automotive, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

making virtual collaboration more collaborative

Kommentare: I work remotely 75% of the time. Mural enables me to continue hands on collaboration, building alignment with my virtual team members almost as effectively as if we were in person. This has changed the way I collaborate virtually. Now, I cannot work without out!

Ease of use - almost like having a real whiteboard in the room, easy to access by non-members

Like any software, getting people unfamiliar with it to be comfortable collaborating can take some effort.

Lee D.
Designer in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Simple - Visual - Powerful

Kommentare: Mural is the most intuitive and creative ideation software I have come across. No idea can hide if you get your organization on-board. There are low barriers to learning the tool so it is an easy sell.

It's a virtual design studio on your computing device (yeah I said that).

There have been occasions where I ran out of canvas on multi-day design events. The new, larger ideation space has largely fixed that.

Heidi S.
Heidi S.
Owner/Graphic Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Mural - the best virtual whiteboard EVER!

Kommentare: Not only is this a wonderful and functional app, but it's beautiful to use. It's as aesthetically pleasing as it is soothing to my designer's need to get my ideas across and organize them. Whether I use it for my own personal notes, sketching, and planning or as a client based project sharing and brainstorm session, it's invaluable.

This is the most beautiful software/app that I use. With Mural, you can work on your own, and use it as a place to sketch, gather images, make notes, etc. You can then share that with as many people as you like. You can also have realtime meetings within Mural, sharing ideas, working on the "whiteboard" virtually simultaneously and communicating in a very real and visual way regardless of where the participants are in real life.

It's a little expensive but honestly it's WELL worth it. I use Mural in place of Skype meetings and Zoom meetings at times now. My clients are impressed with the ability to interact visually with both my ideas and myself and have the ability to express their own ideas, as well.

Frank D.
Business Design Facilitator in Belgien
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Several years of XP with Mural

Kommentare: Awesome platform for visual collaboration like eg remote sprint sessions, UX artifacts
Personal productivity like eg Moodboards

Canvas style whiteboard in the cloud with the right tools on-board to collaborate in a visual manner. Mural Community to share ideas

Drawing tools not optimised for sketching but already improved a lot