Über IDrive

Vielseitige Lösung, die Back-up für mehrere Geräte, einschließlich Server und mobile Geräte, über ein Konto ermöglicht.

Erfahre mehr über IDrive

Ease of use - set it and forget it. As long as you have an internet connection, it backs up on schedule.

Bewertungen zu IDrive

IDrive hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 208 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du IDrive bereits verwendet?

Richard T.
Richard T.
IT Business Growth Expert in UK

Easy to configure on a Synology NAS to backup to the Cloud

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: This was an excellent experience, from signing up to installing -- the whole process took hardly any time.

I loved the fact that there is a native app available for our Synology DS220+ NAS. This app made installing and backing up our data very simple.

It's mildly irritating to have to login to iDrive from the Synology dashboard each time I visit the status page.

Thomas O.
Senior Software Engineer in USA

Amazing alternative to Google One and Microsoft 365

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

In searching for an online backup solution for my home network, I needed something that could scale for my terabytes of personal data that I need cloud storage and backup options for. Google One and Microsoft 365 both quickly become out-priced when you scale beyond 1-2TB. I have multiple hard drives for local backups, but cloud backup is still necessary for true peace of mind. With iDrive, I can backup every device (computers, phones, and tablets) in a way comparable and competitive with the big names without breaking the bank.

Because I can backup my phone photos and pictures at full quality (4k +), I very quickly exceeded the free basic tier in testing out the product.

David W.
director in UK
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Noisy & interfering

1 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Not happy. The noise could be due to incorrect Settings but changing the Settings had no apparent effect.
Also iDrive had to be turned off to do any worthwhile online banking business with NatWest.

Ease of initial set-up and use of the software

Continual noise caused by the software taking over 10% - 20% of the CPU

Antwort von IDrive

letzten Monat

Hi, we appreciate the review. Can you please reach out to our support team so we can see if we can get this figured out for you -- idrive.com/support

Chris T.
Head of design in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Straightforward online backup

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

iDrive is so easy to setup, and operate. I have multiple sources set yo backup on a schedule each night, and it has been fast and secure from the start. I love the email notifications after each backup job has completed, which gives me peace of mind tat everything is working as it should.

I really do not have any problems with iDrive.

Howard L.
Retired in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Glad I Made a Change

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Brand new to iDrive and haven't needed to restore yet, but it was simple to get started and it was fast to get the initial back on two computers and external drive.

It was easy to install and very intuitive.

I wasn't sure that back ups were occurring at first, but that got resolved by my own research.

Kathy M.
Virtual Assistant in USA
Vorstandsbüro, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Taking the Worry Out of It

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been very good. I feel I have gotten my money's worth.

I love that it is a set it and forget it thing. I really like being able to set a schedule and have it just run - it really takes the worry out of it for me. I especially love being able to partition so that my different machine backups are clearly separate from each other.

I wouldn't mind if it did backup files that are already on cloud storage elsewhere.

Salvatore D.
Oncologist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

IDrive likely best in show.

4 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Love the program with support.

Mirror image backup capability is critical and this program has that.

A bit confusing at first to start but tech support was amazing.

Alan N.
President in USA
Versicherung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Backup for multiple comouters

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I need daily backups and Idrive makes that easy for me.

I can use one interface to backup multiple computers.

I don't yet. I haven't run into anything that concerns me yet.

Jenny C.
Receptionist in Irland
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Peace of mind at a low price

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Our files are safe, up to date, and can be accessed anywhere if we need to.

We recently lost all our files due to a failed hard drive. Since having the files restored, we chose IDrive for the safe storage of our files. The initial upload took a few days and now only the files which have been changed will back up and encrypt at night. Effortless, seamless and reliable.

So far, there is nothing we are unhappy with.

Stephen K.
Senior Staff ASIC Digital Design Engineer in UK
Design, Selbstständig

Excellent cloud backup for Synology NAS

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Has been great for home use so far.

IDrive has a 3rd Party App that was pre-installed on my Synology NAS, allowing me to quickly install and get backup services running with ease.

No cons so far. Has worked well with no issues so far.

Gene D.
IT Consultant in Philippinen

iDrive is Everything I'm Looking For and More

4 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: As for iDrive itself, I never had problems about reliability. It was just recently when I had issues logging in and had unnecessary back and forth with customer support. However, as for Drive itself, it comes highly recommended and I strongly vouch for it. It works as described and your backups are guaranteed safe. I just hope they fix their customer support response times and I hope I get better answers next time. That's my only qualms about this product. However, Customer Support is a vital aspect of any business so they should do something to address it (based on my experiences).

The most important factor for me is reliability and security and iDrive excels in both. I never had major issues using it as it is the set-and-forget kind of tool. Additionally, my Synology NAS has a native application for it so that I'm able to backup NAS data securely and without any fuss. It's as easy as it gets.

I never had problems with it until recently I had to send emails to customer support because of two issues. First, there had been issues with upload speed. Secondly, I'm having problems with my account being inaccessible on my NAS but otherwise works when outside of it (my NAS device). I've reported it to customer support but I had to do 2nd or even a 3rd follow up just to get a reply. I never had issues before so I didn't really know the customer support response time. And when I got a reply, it was confusing and I had to explain again. It was disappointing to be honest. So I just stopped. I just noticed that my account was suddenly accessible again and my backup jobs have been reset. I don't know what happened but definitely they did something on their end. However, just minutes prior to doing this review, I checked and I don't have access again on one of my NAS devices. But I'm able to log in on the other NAS and on my browsers on my other devices. I will send an email to CS to ask what's happening.

Gerald W.
president in Kanada
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Excellent backup program

Kommentare: Backups are crucial. Idrive does it well for a very competitive cost and good support. It takes a bit of time to set and learn its functions up but once working, it basically takes care of itself. It's a good program at a good price.

For years I've used Onedrive but also use Idrive for extra security. One aspect of Idrive I like is that you can do both local and cloud backups. I have external hard drives connected to my two computers and having a physical backup is an extra layer of security that is important. Also, a full restore of a crashed hard drive can take days to do online but probably less than an hour from a local backup. Idrive has very robust phone and chat support. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for help. Onedrive only has email support which is usually nowhere as useful as having someone to troubleshoot with in the moment. When installing Idrive on a new computer I used the chat service to get some info. The next day I got a got a call from a human asking if everything was working well. That's excellent service. Idrive also has a sync function, which can operate like a cloud sync service like Onedrive. I don't use the sync service as I have Onedrive but if you want to use just one cloud sync/backup service, Idrive has it all in one package. Idrive also retains all deleted files forever which is an extra layer of security and beats Onedrive by a mile which permanently deletes recycled files after 30 days. I first got Idrive on a promotion: $1 for 5 Tb for one year. You can't beat that anywhere. They have good promotions for the first year which, if amortized, decreases the cost for subsequent years. Idrive really is an excellent value.

The Idrive interface has a bit of an old fashioned look and setting it up for the first time is less intuitive than it should be. That's where excellent support comes in. But once you figure it out and select the folders to backup, it basically works in the background and can be left alone, for years if necessary without intervention. I did need to contact support to figure out how to backup Outlook files. That's been my only hiccup with the program.

David M.
SystemsArchitect in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

IDrive for Business

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have been able to restore data on the fly in the event of a hardware failure to any registered device quickly. This has turned out to be the best feature.

Data is encrypted for security is critical. The cross platform support makes it ideal for Windows, Mac OSX, and Apple phones and tablets.

The feature missing that I would want the most is continuous backup. The scheduler allows a daily, and weekly backup and hourly backup only.

Ronald R.
Partner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Backup System

Kommentare: Great system, no intent to ever change.

Great product, well priced, runs in background without using a lot of resources, real time backup, very fast to download files.

Searching is a little difficult, but not much. Desktop version sometimes doesn't work for downloading but the on-line version is faster anyways.

Alisa P.
Manager in USA

Easy cloud backup for personal or small business use

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: IDrive is an economical way to provide cloud backup as a "last resort" back up against ransomeware attacks. For my use and the use of my clients, it is easy to install, easy to use, and provides a free means of seeding large back ups. I did need to use it on a Linux (Ubuntu) system. I am learning Linux and found that using their Linux option required a fair amount of research to get it working. However, once I had installed all the requisite free software to make it work, I discovered that the online interface was easy to use.

One account could back up data from multiple computers. The price was lower because this solution did not include extra services that, in this instance, were extraneous to my and my clients needs.

Idrive states that it is compatible with Linux. It is, however, there is no program to install, only a series of Perl scripts. I am not super familiar with Linux and it took a couple hours and research to get this functionality working. Once that investment was complete, it worked very well fron the web interface.

Paul B.
Project Manager in UK
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Capable and reliable

Kommentare: I used I drive some years ago but had reliability issues and so switched to another product until their offering was withdrawn, so I tried iDrive again and found that the issues I experienced before had been addressed. Having used it for 3 years now I have not changed my opinion. It’s feature set is modest and adequate, but somewhat lacking for the local backup option, which should be viewed as something of a bonus, rather than a reason to purchase.

Simple to use, pretty good configuration options, ability to backup locally and to cloud, competitive pricing.

Inability to manage local backups ( sync deletions) which can be done in cloud.

Allen C.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Best Cloud Backup in industry, highly recommend

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Being able to provide my clients with an outstanding cloud backup solutions for their workstations, laptops, servers, and home systems

Ability to install on unlimited computers (Personal plan), backs up video files by default, ability to backup unlimited external USB/flash drives, bandwidth throttling ability, ability to backup multiple versions of individual files, ability to backup SQL database, ability to backup to both cloud servers and local storage destination (i.e external hard drive), ability to retain all files that have been deleted from the hard drive for unlimited time period, ease of installation, ability to install on both PC and Mac, ability to install on mobile phones

Recent change where no longer able to select Dropbox folder or .ost (Exchange cached data file) in hidden Outlook folder location in the Appdata folder in Windows, but understand there is probably a good reason this decision was made whether its bandwidth related or reliability of backing up a massive constantly open and changing .ost file - so totally understandable. However, would be really tremendous if there was some way to be able to select the Outlook folder (in the Appdata folder) or .ost files for backup like before

Ben W.
Graphic and Web Designer in USA

Great free version with 5GB of online storage and full control, but customer service needs work.

Kommentare: 5GB of online backup and unlimited local backup (depending on drive size) for free! Great experience overall, especially when compared to other online backup options.

The free 5GB option is much better than a 30-day trial like some other online backup providers offer. I constantly get offers from IDrive to upgrade to a paid version but I know I will upgrade when I need more than 5GB of online storage. The local backup option is also great since you're only limited by the space of the of an external or mapped hard drive and it's included in the free version. Full control over what exact files are backed up and/or restored. Some programs force you to backup the entire C drive or only allow certain folders to backup. Easy to use interface with simple controls for the things you do most. The program is very straightforward and self-explanatory with little to no learning curve.

Customer service was difficult to work with when a backup error occurred. They claimed the backup was failing due to the 5GB quota being reached and that I needed to upgrade to solve the problem. After finally convincing them that I was only using 75% of the 5GB, it turns out I just had to reinstall the desktop app to solve the issue. With this kind of support for something as important as backing up critical files, it makes me question the overall reliabilty of IDrive altogether. As simple and easy to use the interface can be, it sometimes feels a bit limiting as far as the options it gives you. It would be nice to be able to switch to an "advanced mode" with more options like more detailed backup logs that explain exactly what is happening to your files and why they aren't being backed up if there's an issue.

Dustin Y.
Self in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Great Backup Tool!

Kommentare: I have not had any issues with the software and I used it for free for a year and I decided to purchase it because its a lot cheaper than most other backups and with more storage. I love having this and its very easy to access from anywhere.

What I like the most about iDrive is that you can set a backup schedule and it runs without interrupting. My computers back up at around 8pm on a daily basis so I know all of my important files are always safe. I can set many devices and computers to backup as separate backups so nothing gets replaced on accident.

Sometimes its kind of hard and slow to restore files if you have reformatted or need to restore, but overall its not bad.

VP of Technology in USA
Logistik & Lieferkette, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Worked great for a long time, then minor issues

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Technical support was very responsive when I needed assistance. The cost of the product was very reasonable for the great features the software has.

This product was very easy to set up. We had it set to back up our server data on a daily basis. I liked that it emailed me a report of the backup status when it completed, or if it had errors. The emails were very easy to figure out if files were unable to backup. We were able to select or deselect which folders to backup very easily. The restore process worked flawlessly and was simple to do.

When we upgraded our server to Microsoft Server 2019, the backup job would randomly hang during the nightly job. The only way to get the job to complete was to restart the server. I worked with support for a long time on this issue and we were unable to figure out the problem, so I discontinued this backup solution.

Rick R.
President/COO in USA

Great software for all devices

Kommentare: This has allowed me to backup different types of devices under a single umbrella and manage it easily.

IDrive is super easy to setup and get started with. This is equally true when adding devices to backup. I've used it on apple devices and a windows desktop and all work great. Portal is very intuitive to navigate.

I haven't really come across anything I dislike about it. The pricing is very competitive and the software works like it is supposed to.

Jerry R.
CEO in USA

iDrive Backup Review

4 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: iDrive is very cost effective for many home users and for businesses that need to backup their systems inexpensively.

The software offers several agents for different kinds of backup, including file-folder backup, backup of drive images, and server backup including SQL and Exchange. One price includes an unlimited number of devices to be backed up.

Storage tiers are a bit confusing and many competitors offer unlimited storage options for just a little more money, although they may also charge extra for additional devices, whereas iDrive allows as many devices as you want within one account for one price (so long as you don't exceed the storage capacity). Also the partner program iDrive uses with IT resellers is referral and commission based, and would be better if they offered a white-label version of their products that their partners could resell.

Sue S.
Payroll specialist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent backup solution

Kommentare: Nice to have a backup solution that I can trust. The scheduled backups run smoothly without any problems. I do not notice any lag in use when backup is running. The dashboard is user friendly. I haven't needed to contact support yet, so I can't speak to their helpfulness or not. But I am happy the product is performing well and I have not needed to contact support.

Implementation was easy. Like most products, it can take awhile initially for all the information to be stored, but that process went very smoothly. Product offers a lot of storage for a reasonable price.

I have not come across anything that I don't like about this product.

Scott F.
Owner/Operator in USA

Very affordable cloud based backup AND sync solution for personal & business needs

Kommentare: Hassle free and effective cloud based backups that simply sits in the background and does its job without reservation until you need it.

The price is what initially attracted me to use iDrive, but after using them for a while it became clear that even though it is affordable, it is also very effective. Once I had my backup jobs set there was quite literally nothing to do or worry about - just make sure the computer and internet stayed on. I loved being able to handle backups for ALL my drives and mobile devices on a single account and the online interface is great.

I'm not a huge fan of the PC application. It works, but it desperately needs to be fixed so that it is a little more intuitive. I noticed that many times the application consumes far too many system resources than it should for a resident backup utility, and finding some of the settings and abilities seemed harder than it should be at times.

Mark W.
Knowledge Mangement & Technology Officer in USA

Affordable backup software for home or small business

It is very affordable, easy to use and does exactly what it should...it gives you peace of mind that you will have your important files available in case of drive failure or emergency. After making the mistake of a single on-site backup in the early 2000s, I have kept a cloud backup too ever since. iDrive is my favorite since that time. The initial backup is easy as you can request a disk, put your files on it and send it in for them to upload directly to their servers. This saves a ton of time and bandwidth. You can also request files are returned this way if you need to restore and don't want to use the online restore. I have multiple drives all backing up to the same account and it maintains that separation, which is also great.

The only thing that drives me crazy is the files purge/cleanup. I have it set to run automatically every 30 days to clear out files I have deleted, but it always seems that I need to run it myself.