Filtern nach:

Über IDrive

Vielseitige Lösung, die Back-up für mehrere Geräte, einschließlich Server und mobile Geräte, über ein Konto ermöglicht.

Erfahre mehr über IDrive

Mark d. M.
Mark d. M.
President in USA

Excellent Offsite Backup solution for a reasonable price

I work with a number of servers. There isn't an extra charge for backing up a server like it's main competitors. There's a wealth of options that let you control what you backup, when you backup and for how long. On servers, it allows you to perform AD, SQL, Sharepoint, and Exchange server backups.

Initial backups seem to take longer than some of it's main competitors. The wealth of options may be a bit intimidating for novice users. The price increase when adding additional space above 500gb is excessive. It's cheaper to purchase a 2nd account.

David M.
SystemsArchitect in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

IDrive for Business

Kommentare: I have been able to restore data on the fly in the event of a hardware failure to any registered device quickly. This has turned out to be the best feature.

Data is encrypted for security is critical. The cross platform support makes it ideal for Windows, Mac OSX, and Apple phones and tablets.

The feature missing that I would want the most is continuous backup. The scheduler allows a daily, and weekly backup and hourly backup only.

Joe W.
Joe W.
Principal Consultant in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Used to be good but not any more

Kommentare: They used to be so good! I don't know what happened to them. New owners? New development and support team? Their Support crew didn't seem very interested and I frequently had to prompt them into action. When I cancelled my old account they still tried to charge me a subscription renewal for it - turns out they deliberately obscure the process needed to cancel so you think you've cancelled when you haven't. I'm disappointed when any company uses deceptive tactics to make it difficult to cancel recurring billing. When I cancelled my new account (because it never worked and they couldn't make it work) they would not fully refund me. That's both mean-spirited and a very foolish business decision when I can clearly show by their own email chain that they never once provided a working product. That means disputed credit charge transaction and a very expensive merchant chargeback, all for the sake of a couple of dollars. I don't know what business manager thinks that makes sense.

I used to use a legacy version of iDrive on a legacy plan. It worked great. I was always impressed with them keeping versions of files and retaining deleted files indefinitely. Nothing else out there touches it for features. Unfortunately it simply doesn't work any more.

I wanted to upgrade to a modern plan and for that I had to upgrade to the current version of iDrive. It never worked. Not once. Many emails to and from iDrive Support and they could not get it to work. Keep in mind the old version worked perfectly for years on this machine. It would hang for 12+ hours in "preparing file list" even when I reduced the backup set to a single file of only 1Kb in size.

Gerald W.
president in Kanada
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Excellent backup program

Kommentare: Backups are crucial. Idrive does it well for a very competitive cost and good support. It takes a bit of time to set and learn its functions up but once working, it basically takes care of itself. It's a good program at a good price.

For years I've used Onedrive but also use Idrive for extra security. One aspect of Idrive I like is that you can do both local and cloud backups. I have external hard drives connected to my two computers and having a physical backup is an extra layer of security that is important. Also, a full restore of a crashed hard drive can take days to do online but probably less than an hour from a local backup. Idrive has very robust phone and chat support. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for help. Onedrive only has email support which is usually nowhere as useful as having someone to troubleshoot with in the moment. When installing Idrive on a new computer I used the chat service to get some info. The next day I got a got a call from a human asking if everything was working well. That's excellent service. Idrive also has a sync function, which can operate like a cloud sync service like Onedrive. I don't use the sync service as I have Onedrive but if you want to use just one cloud sync/backup service, Idrive has it all in one package. Idrive also retains all deleted files forever which is an extra layer of security and beats Onedrive by a mile which permanently deletes recycled files after 30 days. I first got Idrive on a promotion: $1 for 5 Tb for one year. You can't beat that anywhere. They have good promotions for the first year which, if amortized, decreases the cost for subsequent years. Idrive really is an excellent value.

The Idrive interface has a bit of an old fashioned look and setting it up for the first time is less intuitive than it should be. That's where excellent support comes in. But once you figure it out and select the folders to backup, it basically works in the background and can be left alone, for years if necessary without intervention. I did need to contact support to figure out how to backup Outlook files. That's been my only hiccup with the program.

Alisa P.
Manager in USA

Easy cloud backup for personal or small business use

Kommentare: IDrive is an economical way to provide cloud backup as a "last resort" back up against ransomeware attacks. For my use and the use of my clients, it is easy to install, easy to use, and provides a free means of seeding large back ups. I did need to use it on a Linux (Ubuntu) system. I am learning Linux and found that using their Linux option required a fair amount of research to get it working. However, once I had installed all the requisite free software to make it work, I discovered that the online interface was easy to use.

One account could back up data from multiple computers. The price was lower because this solution did not include extra services that, in this instance, were extraneous to my and my clients needs.

Idrive states that it is compatible with Linux. It is, however, there is no program to install, only a series of Perl scripts. I am not super familiar with Linux and it took a couple hours and research to get this functionality working. Once that investment was complete, it worked very well fron the web interface.

Sue S.
Payroll specialist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent backup solution

Kommentare: Nice to have a backup solution that I can trust. The scheduled backups run smoothly without any problems. I do not notice any lag in use when backup is running. The dashboard is user friendly. I haven't needed to contact support yet, so I can't speak to their helpfulness or not. But I am happy the product is performing well and I have not needed to contact support.

Implementation was easy. Like most products, it can take awhile initially for all the information to be stored, but that process went very smoothly. Product offers a lot of storage for a reasonable price.

I have not come across anything that I don't like about this product.

VP of Technology in USA
Logistik & Lieferkette, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Worked great for a long time, then minor issues

Kommentare: Technical support was very responsive when I needed assistance. The cost of the product was very reasonable for the great features the software has.

This product was very easy to set up. We had it set to back up our server data on a daily basis. I liked that it emailed me a report of the backup status when it completed, or if it had errors. The emails were very easy to figure out if files were unable to backup. We were able to select or deselect which folders to backup very easily. The restore process worked flawlessly and was simple to do.

When we upgraded our server to Microsoft Server 2019, the backup job would randomly hang during the nightly job. The only way to get the job to complete was to restart the server. I worked with support for a long time on this issue and we were unable to figure out the problem, so I discontinued this backup solution.

Rick R.
President/COO in USA

Great software for all devices

Kommentare: This has allowed me to backup different types of devices under a single umbrella and manage it easily.

IDrive is super easy to setup and get started with. This is equally true when adding devices to backup. I've used it on apple devices and a windows desktop and all work great. Portal is very intuitive to navigate.

I haven't really come across anything I dislike about it. The pricing is very competitive and the software works like it is supposed to.

Fred P.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Old school interface lacking intuitivity

Kommentare: I purchased an annual up-front. I had used Drive about two years ago and now realized it is the same unchanged program with exactly the same issues I was having then. I have requested, at the time of this writing, for a full refund and need to find something that works well. I am not a heavy user, just need a program the actually backs up reliably, otherwise I should just keep using my WD My Cloud 4TB.

The pricing annual made it a good value if the features and performance meet the needs. I did get responses back from CS as I needed. They offer a drive to be shipped for the purpose of uploading all your files prior to, or during, the backup process to save time and Internet bandwidth loss when still using the PC.

The interface left lots to be desired,. There is a local and a web-based dashboard. Some features on the web version has thing not found in the local version, such as shutting down after a specific backup. You cannot really see what is being backed up during the process, although you can see the amount of percentage completed. I continued to get errors for unknown reasons where the backup failed. For about a week I see that the application stated an error due to no files to backup, so apparently, it stopped working for no apparent reason.

Frances A.
Frances A.
Senior Researcher Specialist in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

iDrive is a great way to back up your important files!

Kommentare: I have renewed my subscription every year for peace of mind to have my external drive backed up at another location.

I back up my files weekly, so it gives me peace of mind that if anything ever happens to my external drive, I can always have a copy of all my files saved on iDrive. You can set up the program when you want to schedule a backup which is convenient.

If you are backing up more than one drive, the scheduler does one with no problems and does not do the second one. It is not a problem because I can always manually do the second one.

Ronald R.
Partner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Backup System

Kommentare: Great system, no intent to ever change.

Great product, well priced, runs in background without using a lot of resources, real time backup, very fast to download files.

Searching is a little difficult, but not much. Desktop version sometimes doesn't work for downloading but the on-line version is faster anyways.

Paul B.
Project Manager in UK
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Capable and reliable

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I used I drive some years ago but had reliability issues and so switched to another product until their offering was withdrawn, so I tried iDrive again and found that the issues I experienced before had been addressed. Having used it for 3 years now I have not changed my opinion. It’s feature set is modest and adequate, but somewhat lacking for the local backup option, which should be viewed as something of a bonus, rather than a reason to purchase.

Simple to use, pretty good configuration options, ability to backup locally and to cloud, competitive pricing.

Inability to manage local backups ( sync deletions) which can be done in cloud.

Ben W.
Graphic and Web Designer in USA

Great free version with 5GB of online storage and full control, but customer service needs work.

Kommentare: 5GB of online backup and unlimited local backup (depending on drive size) for free! Great experience overall, especially when compared to other online backup options.

The free 5GB option is much better than a 30-day trial like some other online backup providers offer. I constantly get offers from IDrive to upgrade to a paid version but I know I will upgrade when I need more than 5GB of online storage. The local backup option is also great since you're only limited by the space of the of an external or mapped hard drive and it's included in the free version. Full control over what exact files are backed up and/or restored. Some programs force you to backup the entire C drive or only allow certain folders to backup. Easy to use interface with simple controls for the things you do most. The program is very straightforward and self-explanatory with little to no learning curve.

Customer service was difficult to work with when a backup error occurred. They claimed the backup was failing due to the 5GB quota being reached and that I needed to upgrade to solve the problem. After finally convincing them that I was only using 75% of the 5GB, it turns out I just had to reinstall the desktop app to solve the issue. With this kind of support for something as important as backing up critical files, it makes me question the overall reliabilty of IDrive altogether. As simple and easy to use the interface can be, it sometimes feels a bit limiting as far as the options it gives you. It would be nice to be able to switch to an "advanced mode" with more options like more detailed backup logs that explain exactly what is happening to your files and why they aren't being backed up if there's an issue.

Dustin Y.
Self in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Great Backup Tool!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have not had any issues with the software and I used it for free for a year and I decided to purchase it because its a lot cheaper than most other backups and with more storage. I love having this and its very easy to access from anywhere.

What I like the most about iDrive is that you can set a backup schedule and it runs without interrupting. My computers back up at around 8pm on a daily basis so I know all of my important files are always safe. I can set many devices and computers to backup as separate backups so nothing gets replaced on accident.

Sometimes its kind of hard and slow to restore files if you have reformatted or need to restore, but overall its not bad.

Scott F.
Owner/Operator in USA

Very affordable cloud based backup AND sync solution for personal & business needs

Kommentare: Hassle free and effective cloud based backups that simply sits in the background and does its job without reservation until you need it.

The price is what initially attracted me to use iDrive, but after using them for a while it became clear that even though it is affordable, it is also very effective. Once I had my backup jobs set there was quite literally nothing to do or worry about - just make sure the computer and internet stayed on. I loved being able to handle backups for ALL my drives and mobile devices on a single account and the online interface is great.

I'm not a huge fan of the PC application. It works, but it desperately needs to be fixed so that it is a little more intuitive. I noticed that many times the application consumes far too many system resources than it should for a resident backup utility, and finding some of the settings and abilities seemed harder than it should be at times.

Mark W.
Knowledge Mangement & Technology Officer in USA

Affordable backup software for home or small business

It is very affordable, easy to use and does exactly what it should...it gives you peace of mind that you will have your important files available in case of drive failure or emergency. After making the mistake of a single on-site backup in the early 2000s, I have kept a cloud backup too ever since. iDrive is my favorite since that time. The initial backup is easy as you can request a disk, put your files on it and send it in for them to upload directly to their servers. This saves a ton of time and bandwidth. You can also request files are returned this way if you need to restore and don't want to use the online restore. I have multiple drives all backing up to the same account and it maintains that separation, which is also great.

The only thing that drives me crazy is the files purge/cleanup. I have it set to run automatically every 30 days to clear out files I have deleted, but it always seems that I need to run it myself.

Dustin H.
Dustin H.
Seminarian in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

iDrive

Kommentare: Overall, I very much prefer iDrive to my previous cloud backup software. Would recommend.

I like that iDrive is affordable and does not backup only certain types of files based on your tier of membership. I love that you can encrypt the cloud back up as well as your local back up and that you can create an ISO drive image quickly and easily on an external hard drive.

I don't like that it seems I have to do a full system backup over again when I add a new file directory or drive. Even the scanning to verify files already on the serve takes a long time.

Trudie V.
Office Manager in USA
Öl & Energie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy way to back up all your files

Kommentare: We have used this software for a little over 2 years and we have never encountered any issues. It does what it needs to do; back-up our files.

Once installed IDrive is easy to use. We used it for our business and it made a scheduled back-up, so we never had to think about making a back-up. You can set it up so you'll get a desktop notification when something went wrong with backing up a file, which is great. That way you only spend time when needed.

There's no unlimited storage option, so after 2 years we had to look for another option to back-up our files. It keeps older file versions forever, so you have to remove them to be able to get the most out of your storage.

Scott L.
President in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

IDrive is a good choice for backup

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Setup was fairly straightforward. You can create as many sub-users as you want who can also back up their hard drives using a shared space. You pay per GB, not per user, which makes the product more affordable for team or family use. I have not needed tech support so far.

IDrive is a cloud backup solution that saves up to 30 prior versions of your files. This makes it a great solution to protect against ransomware. If you get hit by ransomware, you can restore older versions of the files that are not corrupted. It offers solid encryption, including the ability to define a Private Key, which means IDrive cannot decrypt your files at all...not if they get hacked, not if they have a dishonest admin, and not if a government agency demands that your files be turned over to them.

It does everything advertised. One additional feature I recommend they implement is that for their backup to an external local hard drive, IDrive should be able to encrypt the data on the external local hard drive.

Partner in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen

Solid, secure online backup system for home or small business

High security/encryption standard, remote redundant backup servers, easy installation and configuration. Automated local and/or cloud backup routines with error messages automatically generated and emailed to notify of any reasons for failed backups. Also option to receive notification of successful backups. Option for local encrypted drive back up in addition to cloud backup.

Installation and configuration of the local iDrive hard drive on the network was a bit less smooth than we expected. It's a proprietary drive they provide.

Executive Vice President in USA
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to setup and use

Kommentare: There's nothing like automated backup, so this is one of many good choices that accomplish this, hands-off once you set it up properly. Just make sure to test and verify your backups to make sure everything is working properly.

Has an extensive set of options and features, such as incremental and compressed backups, file versioning and the handling of multiple devices.

It does not have unlimited online storage, so you need to pick your plan for now and then spend more as your space needs grow. Downloading can be a bit slow.

Dan P.
Senior BI Consultant in Australien

Inexpensive backup service

Kommentare: Good backup software with a continuous protection option that ensures every file change is immediately captured.

Easy to install and setup backup software and a reasonable amount of backup space provided in a free tier.

Occassionally the backups fail with the software reporting it cannot find certain files as they are missing. That is a bug because they have been intentionally deleted. Resynching the software resolves the issue.

Leigh N.
Publisher in USA
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

iDrive is My Safety Net

Kommentare: I discovered iDrive after losing an entire issue. I spent days reconstructing it. iDrive has saved me more than once since I purchased it. It's also reassuring knowing I can access some files if I am traveling.

I publish a magazine, and sometimes my files are corrupted. iDrive gives me peace of mind because I know there is a version of my files sitting there in the cloud. My stress levels would be so much higher without it!

If my computer is sleeping, iDrive doesn't run the backup. I am self-employed, so I don't always work the same course every day. Finding the right time to back up has been important.

Suzanne S.
Writer in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Easy to use backup service

Kommentare: Having my files backed up every day gives me peace of mind that if my hard drive fails, I still have all my data. That peace of mind is priceless.

1. Ease of setup - it took just a few minutes to set up my preferences. 2. Ease of use - set it and forget it. As long as you have an internet connection, it backs up on schedule. 3. It works perfectly.

There are no cons for me. I've not had any problems this far, and don't expect to have any in the future.

Lee T.
District Manager in USA

Nice cloud backup software

Kommentare: Peace of mind knowing my files are backed up and are secure.

Very easy to use. The initial setup doesn't take much time and after the first backup runs, the others take little time. Love the ability to have instant backups on changed files instead of waiting for the nightly backup to run.

I don't like the fact that even though you delete files from your computer it still saves them in the cloud which takes away from your storage space.