Über IDrive

Vielseitige Lösung, die Back-up für mehrere Geräte, einschließlich Server und mobile Geräte, über ein Konto ermöglicht.

Erfahre mehr über IDrive

Ease of use - set it and forget it. As long as you have an internet connection, it backs up on schedule.

Bewertungen zu IDrive

IDrive hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 979 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du IDrive bereits verwendet?

Sandi
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Wow! Impressed!

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Expert Guest in UK
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Great competitive cloud backup service

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Cloud backup which compares very favorably to competitors in price and functionality, with all the features one needs to be secure in the knowledge that their system is backed up

The initial backup takes a long time. This is however similar to competitors, and so might be a limitation more of the technology than IDrive's particular implementation of it

Technical Engineer in Irland
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

An absoloute must have

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Having used the product for a few weeks its hard to find much fault with it. The cloud back is very important and after the initial backup its very fast. The continuous data protection is also very important along with the full backup options. Very pleased with the service so far.

Simple to use Good value for money No Throttling Advanced features available The Mobile app is very good Can manage own security keys

Only some mild concern on the data cap but it meets my needs.

Founder in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

I really wanted to like it...

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I really wanted to like IDrive and was really hoping this was the solution for me. I have since tried backing up 2TB of my laptop to both Google and Dropbox, and each of those providers have had serious issues in their context.

The option for them to ship me a drive in which I can backup directly and ship back was a really nice feature. Sadly, thats about the best I can say.

Backing up 2TB directly to an external hard drive is still going to take several hours. Well, for me it was 11 hours which is fine. So much better than the days it would have taken over the internet. I was expecting a smooth experience and was sad when it didnt happen. First, about 9 hours into the backup, I needed to reboot my laptop. I went into the IDrive app and paused the backup, then rebooted. After it starting back up, there was nothing to resume. It required me to start a new full backup. Resuming an existing backup is not rocket science. I contacted technical support, and they were responsive only to acknowledge that I needed to do another back up. So now on the second day, thats what I did. Per instructions, I went to eject the drive and my Mac was complaining that it was still be accessed my option was to force eject. So I decided to simply reboot again thinking a force eject is not a good path. Now, when it restarted, the drive came back and following the instructions again, I went to confirm the backup. To my surprise, it only listed two of the five folders. Yikes! Back to the support person and they told me to re-index the database using the idrive app. After another 9 hours the re-indexing finished an indeed the backup looked correct. I went to eject and again it was complaining the an app was still using the drive, leaving me with the option to force eject. I ran some command on the terminal and it showed that the IDriveDaemon was the culprit, so I did a kill -2 on it hoping for a clean shutdown, and then was able to eject. Just wow is all I can say. No warm and fuzzy, or confident feeling here. So I shipped the drive back and am waiting to be notified that I can resume backing up my laptop. Another feature that is very rudimentary and really questionable - I needed to share a file that was on the Cloud-Drive. IDrive uses a password to access the file, so yeah. I get to email the link and the password rather than an access control based on email of who I am sharing. So yeah, that is not ideal, especially after using Google Drive or even Dropbox.

Zubin
Audio Engineer in USA
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Really impressed to far

Kommentare: Overall I'm really pleased, the cloud backup market has clearly expanded significantly since I last shopped around and I'm very impressed with this service.

I switched to IDrive recently after a bad experience with my previous system, Arq. Immediately IDrive has been better in every way I can perceive so far. The software is much clearer, better organized, and easier to use, but I haven't noticed any lack of features. I'm using it to backup my work drives to the cloud drive, both running a daily full backup as well as hourly 'Continuous Data Protection' backups. I love that i can then access that data from other computers, vs Arq which has a very limited feature set for accessing your backups (only from the computer that initiated the backups, only from the desktop application). It's also much cheaper!

I honestly haven't noticed any downsides so far, will be doing a test of the backup retrieval process soon.

Arte
Owner in Indien
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Security for a small business

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We were looking for a new online cloud backup solution, as our old one could not process our card. iDrive came up as a suggested option multiple times.
The payment and subscription set up process was painless and easy on iDrive.
We were able to download and schedule backup right away. The full backup process took about 5 hours for each laptop device. This is at par with our experience with other such apps.
We had some questions based on the error log, and iDrive support got back to us fairly promptly with clear suggestions.
Overall happy with this app, which helps us take off our mind from file loss related issues and get on with running our business.
I am writing this review based on a request from iDrive.

Easy to install and schedule backup. No technical knowledge needed UI and instructions are easy to follow Perfect for a small business with limited data and devices The basic plan provides scope for future data needs Different options for scheduling backup means we can 'set it and forget it' Backup can be scheduled for the less busy times Support is excellent and got back with clear and specific answers to our queries within 12 hours and also followed up The iDrive software does not occupy too much memory when processing Was able to purchase and set up subscription for the software without any issues. Other backup options had some issues and were not able to process our credit card.

Having used various other backup options in the past, we don't find any cons as compared to those other tools.

Anthony
Automation Engineer in USA

iDrive Has Exceeded my Expections

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I still have some additional settings to make which are all changes I need so 5/5 stars!!

All features are exactly what I needed to protect my data, recover my data, and back it up in real-time.

As of this comment I have not found any cons.

Stephen
Administrator and Photographer in USA
Bildende Kunst, Selbstständig

Convenient and Easy Solution to a Critical Task.

Kommentare: I've been running iDrive for a week and have seen no hiccups. I will be running a test to see how easily I can do a restore.

I love the simplicity and convenience of iDrive.

The time to do the first full backup is daunting. I just "swallowed hard" and allowed it to proceed.

Richard
President in USA
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Great Offsite Backup Option

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The features offered were important to my buying decision, including multiple device backups and access to the cloud drive. In addition to backups in the cloud, being able to backup to local drives is a fantastic feature. All backup needs have been met.

There aren't any complaints of note yet.

Adam
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Reliable and affordable could backup option

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

IDrive was straightforward to deploy to multiple types of devices and has provided reliable cloud backup. I appreciate the option to deploy a backup client on a NAS device to streamline backups, in addition to the desktop client. The web client is easy to navigate to see status of backup activities. The annual backup subscription is quite affordable for the amount of space available.

Viewing backup status of individual files is not as straightforward outside the IDrive desktop client. It would be helpful to be able to see the backup status of a file in the native file explorer applications.

Mark
Principal in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Solid backup performance - pay attention to the scheduler

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

First, it works reliably. As simple as this sounds, some competitor products do not work reliably, and the solution is to uninstall and reinstall the software. The performance of iDrive has been solid.

The software is not smart enough to figure out the last backup did not run and communicate it somehow or just launch the backup. The problem is, if your computer is off during the scheduled time, the backup will not run, and you may not find out about it. A solution would be to leave your computer on 24x7.

Gary
Personal Use in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good price for cloud backup and intuitive interface.

Kommentare: I was a little concerned because their introductory price seemed too good to be true… but the service is great and the current annual fee at renewal seems very reasonable.

I am paranoid about having everything backed up with redundancies. I save everything in a digital format— all of my old family photos have been scanned high res and fixed, family movies, legal and personal documents, my music, receipts, owner’s manuals, etc. The software interface is very intuitive and was easy to set up which folders I wanted backed up. The software seems to use less computer resources and CPU then other cloud service I have tried.

No complaints. The software is efficient and intuitive.

SystemsArchitect in USA

IDrive for Business

Kommentare: I have been able to restore data on the fly in the event of a hardware failure to any registered device quickly. This has turned out to be the best feature.

Data is encrypted for security is critical. The cross platform support makes it ideal for Windows, Mac OSX, and Apple phones and tablets.

The feature missing that I would want the most is continuous backup. The scheduler allows a daily, and weekly backup and hourly backup only.

Dario
Solution architect in Kroatien
Telekommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use cloud backup solution with affordable price

Kommentare: Finally I don't have to worry about private files in case of HW failures.

I use IDrive for personal use. I purchased it around BlackFriday with nice promo price for 10TB storage for 1 year.It has the best and the most user friendly Windows client application which allows to setup backup/restore files, to schedule backup tasks, it supports incremental backups, offers definition of folders which will be automatically synced with cloud storage and also to perform complete computer backup in cloud (this one I didn't try so far). There are also some backup features which I don't need but small businesses might benefit for:MS SQL Sever,MS Exchange Server, Exchange Brick level (Individual mailbox backup),MS Sharepoint Sever,System State (boot file, registry, active directory, system volume, ...)Hyper-VVMware (ESXi, VMs)Microsoft 365 (mailbox data)Cloud drive functionality additionally allows sharing files with other people if needed.

Huge price increase after 1 year promo price period expires. Hopefully, there will be some promotions before expiry which will allow existing users to prolong subscription under better price.I like to fly with my drone and record videos. Beware that there is a huge problem with IDrive related to file size limit. If you need to share files bigger that 2GB, unfortunately IDrive won't be a solution for you unless you prepare your files by splitting them into smaller ones.

Dean
Ceo in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good for back up not good for a quick retrieval

Kommentare: My overall experience is mixed. I believe a iDrive does very good with seamless back up. I believe they manage the portions very well. I believe it’s easy to select what you want to back up. The encryption is very good. The seamless ease-of-use is very good. The technical support is pretty good. Like I said one guy was a little patronizing. However, I believe that was the only problem with customer service. I do think their customer service is very good in their sales were very good. Also the price is out of this world stellar.

Weather like most about idrive was, it was truly plug-and-play simple to back things up. It was also very easy to manage the user interface and the customer support was top notch.

iDrive took 72 hours to download a 650 GB file and still after 72 hours it was only 71% complete. I ran a random junk Internet test to verify with a different service and it downloaded 275 GB in three hours on my connection I was on the phone with customer service three separate times and they told me everything should be working correctly and they seemed a little patronizing.

Eric
ATC in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

More peace of mind and simplicity over Google Photos

Kommentare: Great! It's exactly what I was looking for.

With Google Photos I couldn't find my photos because there was no proper filing system and little customization. IDrive is a simple folder system like Windows. Google would compress my photos even when I told them not to. I drive doesn't compress. Google would offer tons of free storage then take it away forcing you to pay. Google would delete tons of my photos and other things without permission or warning. For all these reasons and more IDrive Is a better option that provides more peace of mind.

There is always room for improvement and refinement but it's more important not to overcomplicate the program. Don't make any changes that will fundamentally change IDrive from what I originally signed up for. I want to pay for it and forget about it. I don't want the program to become something I have to maintain.

Alisa
Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy cloud backup for personal or small business use

Kommentare: IDrive is an economical way to provide cloud backup as a "last resort" back up against ransomeware attacks. For my use and the use of my clients, it is easy to install, easy to use, and provides a free means of seeding large back ups. I did need to use it on a Linux (Ubuntu) system. I am learning Linux and found that using their Linux option required a fair amount of research to get it working. However, once I had installed all the requisite free software to make it work, I discovered that the online interface was easy to use.

One account could back up data from multiple computers. The price was lower because this solution did not include extra services that, in this instance, were extraneous to my and my clients needs.

Idrive states that it is compatible with Linux. It is, however, there is no program to install, only a series of Perl scripts. I am not super familiar with Linux and it took a couple hours and research to get this functionality working. Once that investment was complete, it worked very well fron the web interface.

Calum
CEO in UK
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

Gets the job done, simple to use.

Kommentare: Excellent value, no issues with upload speed. Allows data to be secured with a key only you have access to for privacy.

I have been using IDrive for several months now, and it is doing a great job of backing up my primary C drive as well as my two auxiliary drives full of RAW format photos and 4k video footage.It is simple to use and set up, and seems good enough for pro use. It also doesn't put too much of a load on the system unlike some competing products. I'm glad I purchased it, and it's a good value.

At this time there is nothing I do not like about IDrive.

Keith
Computer-Hardware, Selbstständig

Dropbox was too expensive for the low amount of space you receive

Kommentare: So far so good it has the same features as dropbox with over double the space with the smallest plan and it’s half the price.

I liked the fact it was easy to get and the deal they offered on the first year. Dropbox does not let you know when they are going to pull money out of your account to pay the yearly fee. I was very upset with this. They used to do that, but they stopped two years ago and you only get 2 TB of space.

The only thing I did not care for is the fact that when I attempted to purchase the upgrade, I accidentally punched in the wrong security code, and it still charged my credit card. But the charge was reversed the next morning.

Ruth
Student in UK
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Have faith in iDrive

Kommentare: The customer service has been great and I have appreciated al the tutorials on how to use it properly.

Whilst it takes a while to get used to the features which are not as user friendly or intuitive as other storage solutions, you can definitely have faith in the security and robustness of iDrive.

The need for manual removal of files in cloud storage when they have been deleted from your machine is a real pain. I keep forgetting to do this which results in taking me over my quota.

GERALD
president in Kanada
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Excellent backup program

Kommentare: Backups are crucial. Idrive does it well for a very competitive cost and good support. It takes a bit of time to set and learn its functions up but once working, it basically takes care of itself. It's a good program at a good price.

For years I've used Onedrive but also use Idrive for extra security. One aspect of Idrive I like is that you can do both local and cloud backups. I have external hard drives connected to my two computers and having a physical backup is an extra layer of security that is important. Also, a full restore of a crashed hard drive can take days to do online but probably less than an hour from a local backup. Idrive has very robust phone and chat support. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for help. Onedrive only has email support which is usually nowhere as useful as having someone to troubleshoot with in the moment. When installing Idrive on a new computer I used the chat service to get some info. The next day I got a got a call from a human asking if everything was working well. That's excellent service. Idrive also has a sync function, which can operate like a cloud sync service like Onedrive. I don't use the sync service as I have Onedrive but if you want to use just one cloud sync/backup service, Idrive has it all in one package. Idrive also retains all deleted files forever which is an extra layer of security and beats Onedrive by a mile which permanently deletes recycled files after 30 days. I first got Idrive on a promotion: $1 for 5 Tb for one year. You can't beat that anywhere. They have good promotions for the first year which, if amortized, decreases the cost for subsequent years. Idrive really is an excellent value.

The Idrive interface has a bit of an old fashioned look and setting it up for the first time is less intuitive than it should be. That's where excellent support comes in. But once you figure it out and select the folders to backup, it basically works in the background and can be left alone, for years if necessary without intervention. I did need to contact support to figure out how to backup Outlook files. That's been my only hiccup with the program.

Prince
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Use but Customer Support Needs Improvement

I love how easy the product is to actually use. When I first used it, I thought I was getting the hang of it, but it was doing something I didn’t understand. But that was easy to overcome and with a little bit of practice, became easier and easier. Love this product for sharing files between members of my team and for the price - absolutely amazing! We are a small team and only a small number of us need to have access to the folder system; prior to IDrive I used Dropbox and was scratching to get away from Dropbox. IDrive to the rescue! Dropbox charged my team of three $540 a year, or $54 a month, for storage space of 5TB. It was ridiculous and we didn't utilize nearly the amount of features they boast about. We needed something new and drastically cheaper for our needs. With IDrive, we use it family style since it is only three of us for $74, and some change a year. We are saving so much money and are able to get all our needs met! Highly recommend!

My main complaint is customer support. I called twice and chatted once with IDrive’s support and was met with snarky characters that had rude attitudes toward me. They also didn’t seem to understand the IDrive product. I asked if I can use the Cloud Sharing without Sync on because it was taking up the space on my computer (which I did not want). One rep was very quick to offer me my money back as I suggested that IDrive might not suit my needs if I can only use this feature with Sync on. That discouraged me. So I called the next day during their business hours. The rep hung up on me or we got disconnected, so I called again. When I called again, this rep also said that it was not possible to use the cloud storage without having the sync on. I found this to be stupendously impossible to do. I simplified the question. “Can I download a file from the cloud without having sync on?” The answer I received was, “no, you must turn sync on to transfer files to your computer." I told him that I found that to be strange, and I was met with silence. Upon me hanging up the call, I tried to download a file myself with sync turned off. Low and behold, I WAS able to download a file from Cloud without having to have sync turned on. I would highly suggest retraining your team when two individuals very confidently said that I could not do this.

Danilo
Governance and Cyber Risk Manager in Italien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A comprehensive and affordable backup solution for all your devices

Kommentare: the overall experience is very satisfatory.any problem on set it up (quite easy and straightforward), any problem on data restoration (everything was in where it was expected to be), any problem in support (they are always present)

The most important features for which I choose this solution is the availability of clients for all the platforms we are using.the cost was the second element and idrive was the spectacularly winner of that competitionI can backup with the same application mobiles, NAS and desktops

If I've to find a concern on the service the fact that I can only share between clients a single directory with a fixed name is a limitation. I rather prefer to sync a number of directories of my choice between users' clients.currently this feature is not (I hope yet) available

Patrick
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Not Liking iDrive So Far

Kommentare: I have had this product for over a week, scheduled backups on the first day, and only today am actually backing anything up. This may prove to be a good service in the long run, but my initial impression is negative. A backup program should back up the files you tell it to, and if it fails during that process it should have features to alert you to this fact, rather than make you intuit it on your own.

I think the price is reasonable, and according to many reviews this is a solid, simple service to use. The install was fast and easy, and the setup (initially) seemed straightforward.

My first frustration with the software was that it apparently doesn't do backups when a computer is not fully active. If you are trying to back up a laptop, this can make the schedule feature pointless, as there's no predictable time of day when you will definitely have your laptop open for hours at a stretch. iDrive seems to indicate that there is a feature that resumes paused backups, but I haven't seen any evidence of this - It may be happening, but there's no alert or status/progress update. My second frustration is that there was no indication during setup or scheduling that all files needed to be granted access centrally from my OS security manager. There were a couple of permissions windows that popped up more or less at random though, which led me to believe that this had been taken care of. In reality, none - not one- of my important files had been backing up. I had avoided using online backup for years, after dealing with convoluted/ineffective services before, and I'm disappointed that iDrive doesn't seem to be much of an improvement. My third frustration is that you apparently can't run a backup of the computer itself at the same time as you run one of any external drives. Thankfully I don't intend to do daily backups of my externals, or else that would seemingly mean keeping my laptop open and running for 12 or more hours every day.

Allen

Best Cloud Backup in industry, highly recommend

Kommentare: Being able to provide my clients with an outstanding cloud backup solutions for their workstations, laptops, servers, and home systems

Ability to install on unlimited computers (Personal plan), backs up video files by default, ability to backup unlimited external USB/flash drives, bandwidth throttling ability, ability to backup multiple versions of individual files, ability to backup SQL database, ability to backup to both cloud servers and local storage destination (i.e external hard drive), ability to retain all files that have been deleted from the hard drive for unlimited time period, ease of installation, ability to install on both PC and Mac, ability to install on mobile phones

Recent change where no longer able to select Dropbox folder or .ost (Exchange cached data file) in hidden Outlook folder location in the Appdata folder in Windows, but understand there is probably a good reason this decision was made whether its bandwidth related or reliability of backing up a massive constantly open and changing .ost file - so totally understandable. However, would be really tremendous if there was some way to be able to select the Outlook folder (in the Appdata folder) or .ost files for backup like before

Trey
Senior Developer in USA
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Current Best Value in Cloud Storage Backup

Kommentare: iDrive is a great backup solution for individual personal use. I'm hopeful that more family-focused support will be added but it's hard to say when or if that will ever be done.

The amount of storage space included was the primary selling point. I wanted to be able to backup my entire OneDrive (1TB) and my personal NAS (2TB) and finding anything reasonably priced that could accomodate that wasn't easy. iDrive offers 5TB of cloud backup storage which is perfect for my current needs.

The ability to add additional user accounts and grant them permissions to backups would be nice. You have the ability to share links with other users but it's only valid for up to 30 days. If I want to share a link with friends/family to be able to access something I don't want to have to send them a new link every month for no reason. iDrive should support non-expiring links or if that's not something they plan on doing then giving users the ability to add other accounts and optionally assign access restrictions at the backup, directory, and file scope would be preferred. Even if you have to charge more for a "family" account, it's something that I think is really holding iDrive back and the only thing I could see myself changing backup providers for if someone else implemented it properly.