Über Sketch

Digitales Design-Toolkit zum Erstellen von Apps mit einer großen Auswahl an Design-Symbolen, die wiederverwendet und der Design-Community zur Verfügung gestellt werden können.

Erfahre mehr über Sketch

And, the cost is way cheaper than Adobe ($99 flat vs. $52.99/mo). It's kind of like if Adobe XD and Photoshop had a baby.

The following features that I don't like most in Sketch are. Missing cloud storage feature.

Bewertungen zu Sketch

Sketch hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 810 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sketch bereits verwendet?

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment and Environmental Management Consultant in Panama
Chemikalien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Sketch, a complete design platform built for spectacular creations.

Kommentare: Sketch is a mature and very stable tool. It has simple administration facilities to create a collaborative workspace, and its learning curve is low. Its design tools encourage creativity and it has a set of templates that simplify the work to start a new project.In general, it focuses on strengthening the tools for a neat design and providing extensive types of styles, good color management, and a development interface that manages the history of actions very well.

Sketch has proven to be a very lightweight and easy-to-use program for designers, and we don't need a lot of processing power to run it. On the other hand, its simplicity of use and its ability to be widely interactive, anyone with design knowledge can use Sketch. Additionally, it can be our main platform when we talk about web design, mobile user interface creation, icon design and organizational branding, and almost anything we need.The layout of the tool and its functionalities are mainly focused on offering the best features to present the best web design and prototyping work. Sketch provides us with grids and an interface to keep our work very well structured, as well as options to customize the main screen based on our needs.

Sketch has a large number of users who have selected it for prototyping, design, and branding. However, its market is aimed at Mac users, so it is possible that some users cannot take advantage of this technology. On the other hand, Sketch can be used to the maximum by designers who specialize in the area of layout, prototyping, and branding, but for users who do not have experience in these areas, its adoption is a little more difficult.

Janie
Janie
Digital Designer in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Accessible, user friendly yet powerful software

Kommentare: — Powerful yet simple and intuitive software indispensable in my work day as a digital designer.

— User-friendly and accessible to designers and non-designers. — User guide is comprehensive and digestible. — Version history ("Revert to.. Browse all versions") gives the option to browse, copy, move, and revert to past document versions which has proven to be a huge lifesaver on several occasions. To my knowledge, no other similar programs offer this feature. — Tools you need daily for layout design, none of the ones you don't (no clutter, smoother performance). — Easily sync to Sketch Cloud in two clicks. — Shortcuts are intuitive (R for rectangle, O for oval– unlike competitors ie Adobe: M for rectangle, L for oval) — User Interface is clean and intuitive, easy to navigate and customizable without being overwhelming. — Compatible with outside scripts: spell check, AfterEffects bridge, Palette Library, etc. — $99 one-time payment is fairly accessible, with updates optional.

— Color management can be pretty abysmal at times. We've run into issues with clients due to colors not matching on export. — Sketch Cloud does not allow comments like competitors do (InVision). This feature is useful when reviewing with clients, internal QA, internal reviews, etc. — Find and replace is not available for text. — Bitmap editing is available but lowers the image quality significantly

Ross
Company Director in Deutschland
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Sketch is perfect for iOS and Android app design

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, I'm very happy with Sketch. It's a perfect compact design tool thats great for app design specifically. This is none better for this. If for general design, then perhaps better tools and software exists.

I've used sketch since 2014 to create iPhone user interfaces, their icons and promotional material. It's very easy to create, share and distribute images and vectors.

I purchased Sketch outright when I first started, then a few years later they bought in a subscription model. Now I am forced to pay a yearly sub in order to maintain the latest features. This I felt was unfair at the time and still feel a little bitter about. That being said, it still works out cheaper than other design software overall, even when paying yearly. I also think their vector creation tools could be a little better. I have a separate piece of software to make vectors. Sketch is pretty basic.

Utkarsh
Utkarsh
UX Designer in Indien
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Its on of the best tool for UI/UX designers.

Kommentare: The reason why people are switching to sketch from other software is that unlike Adobe illustrator, Sketch is designed by designer for desgner for digital interfaces specifically. The UI and tools are designed in way that they are easier to use while the plugins help users to go into the detail of a particular action.

One of the main reason why people choose sketch over other similar software is its plugins. Plugins link Autolayout, Magic mirror and Git sketch makes your life easier. It can be easily connected to Invision for easy prototyping and presentation. It is also extremely easy to learn sketch if you are trying to switch from Adobe illustrator or photoshop.

I find that Sketch is almost perfect while there are a couple of things that can be improved like the software is only available on Mac OS and not on windows which makes it difficult to share editable files with some clients and freelancers. Unlike Figma, sketch which doesnt allow to access your file from anywhere and also doesnt allow multiple people to work on a same file.

Koutarou
Koutarou
Software Engineer in Japan
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Prototyping service first used

Kommentare: I use it to create wireframe design compositions. The excellent compatibility with cloud-sharing tools of Sketch is highlighted because it facilitates communication with engineers. It's also nice that there is a significant synergistic effect with other tools. It automatically generates CSS. We recommend Sketch if you want to keep costs down. I created a simulation of the service and shared an image before implementation.

Before the introduction, I was doing web design and application design (wire, mock) with other software, but after the release of Sketch, I changed completely. Compared to others, the cost of introduction can be reduced. Anyway, the operation is light and works smoothly.

People who are used to other programs will get stuck with shortcuts. There are many pretty excellent add-ons, but the administration is complicated

Amy
Amy
UX+UI Designer in UK
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for large and very robust projects, does take more time than XD

Kommentare: I like it but I'm moving my team away from using it. We are going to figure out a solution to the symbols issue in XD as overall, XD is a lot quicker to use and to build responsive on. I like sketch but it's just so 'clunky' and in an agency speed and time is important.

I like the use of symbols. This is crucial to being able to send out successfully to development and makes development time shorter. I like that there are multiple pages that can be used. Really useful for building out different versions, keeping organised.

Although the symbols are one of the biggest pluses, they are also one of the core issues. They are 'clunky' and make it difficult to iterate quickly. In some ways, components in XD are better than Sketch (asides from there not being a separate page for them, and no ability to build an atomic structure) as they are more flexible. Often I will need to create 8 versions of the same card to accommodate for different instances (sold out, new, reduced, email me, description, no description, 3 lines of text, 2 lines of text etc...) which is very time consuming. XD allows you to do this well. Creating a symbol also no longer sends to symbol page as default which is annoying. Images are one of the biggest bug bares. Images should be locked to scale with frame non locked, like in XD. This makes building responsive a lot quicker. Also just being able to drop in images rather than having to build components with different images as 5 layers down is a massive time hog. File size is an issue. Very laggy and causes my Mac to crash often.

Dustin
Dustin
Co-Founder in USA

I love Sketch!!!

Kommentare: I love Sketch. I've dropped the practically limitless other options that I've picked up over the years to almost exclusively use this tool for all my designs.

Easy to use, quick to learn, and an every day tool in my office. I have done everything from web design to logo design to photo editing in Sketch (not recommended, but awesome what can be done). I absolutely love it, and I'm really impressed with the team and pricing model as well!

Sometimes it is a bit slow to get features that I would hope for (I'm talking to you, dropper tool shortcut key), but overall it just does an excellent job at letting me do my job.

Ryan
Ryan
Digital Designer in Südafrika
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worth it's weight in gold

Kommentare: Overall, it's been an interesting journey learning to use Sketch. I came from an Adobe environment and learning to use Sketch was not a tedious process. Many of its functions are so similar. Only difference is shortcuts and layout, but allows you to do your job without any hassle.

It's so effective in creating artworks for both vector and raster based graphics and cost so much less than the largest competitor. It also has huge support and multiple plugins helping it become a platform that allows you to link it to other softwares like inVision for instance. It's become my daily driver.

Not much to hate. Could use some extra polishing in functionality, i.e: isolating graphics & better scaling functions. Not as polished as the Adobe software.

Alex
Alex
Product Designer in UK
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It's a good design software, especially if you start small

Kommentare: It's still a great design software with flexibility and ease of use. If you want a cheap, commercial licence, go for it. A lot of integration and compatibility :) Worth the money for sure!

It is still possible to edit SVG files; it's super helpful and still not supported in Figma. It's a cheap licence if you start with a design.

Definitely lost the first seat to Figma. Cooperation online, direct changes, no fuss just design is something that is still hard to work on in Sketch. It simply doesn't work in the big companies anymore

Sean
Sean
Social Media Manager/Marketing & End-User Support in USA
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great vector-based app available ON-machine

Kommentare: I'll be sticking with Sketch for a while. Right now it covers all of my needs and is an easy handoff to others along the line, including developers.

Sketch is an easy-to-use (once you learn it) app that is available ON Mac instead of a cloud-based app. Which is definitely my preference. Also available on Windows. I LOVE the plug-ins. As mentioned it can be a learning curve but it's a great alternative to Photoshop for some. Won't be for everybody and depends on what tasks you're doing of course.

I was convinced to switch to Sketch and admittedly the learning curve was a bit tight.

Dragos
UX/UI Designer in Rumänien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Sketch is the best tool for UI/UX designers.

Kommentare: Great software for UI/UX designers, great for sketching, mockups, previews and prototyping. Highly recommend it!

It's very light weight and easy to use. You'll get the hang of it even if you are a newbie as a designer. The files are well constructed and even if you have lots of screens inside one file, it will open up easily with almost no waiting time. The developers behind Sketch constantly push updates. The pricing structure is a lot different than what Adobe does and I believe this is how things should be. You buy one license per device per year (different discounts are applied for different volumes). You get constant updates through out the year and the interesting part is that when that license expires, you can still use the software forever with the last version you had before it expired. No subscription. You have a big ecosystem of plugins that give you access to some amazing tools like Zeplin.io (for layout exports to devs) and Marvel (for prototyping), but also to independent projects that really make your life easier. Libraries and Symbols are amazing and once you master them, you work will improve tremendously because you won't spend time copying, redoing or modifying repeating UI elements. Exports to different resolutions for iOS and Android UI assets is as easy as clicking three times on a plus button and then pressing the export button. How amazing is that? Such a time saver! You also have prototyping tools inside Sketch to link screens between them, you get missing fonts alert that know which fonts are exactly missing. Overall it changed my workflow completely!

The image tool needs more work, as it doesn't have too many options to work with. You can fix this with different plugins or libraries. Hopefully more features will be added soon. The preview iOS app worked well in the beginning but now it's just awful. It's worth mentioning that occasionally, when trying to open a file that was created with newer version of Sketch than the one that you are currently using, it won't allow it. This practically makes you upgrade your version.

Jonno
Designer in Israel
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Still better than Figma (for us), great for UI design systems, constantly improving

Kommentare: We use Sketch to design our mobile app, web apps, website, and various other things. It's a key tool in our team's work. Figma is giving Sketch a real run for its money, but so far it's a better fit for our team. Competition is healthy, and I hope that translates into constant improvements over time.

Symbols and libraries - these are the core of Sketch's power. Dynamically updated components that allow individual customisations/overrides mean we don't have to have a million different variants of a given component. Colour tinting on symbol instances is a huge timesaver too, compared to the hacks and workarounds we used to have with layer styles and nested swatch symbols. Export presets make asset export simple - I especially love the use of layer names to create folder structures for export. The SVG export gives better results than Adobe Illustrator for example (more decimal places means higher accuracy). Pressing Enter or double-clicking to drill down within groups of elements is super useful - it'd be even better if there were keyboard shortcuts to cycle back and forth between the layers of a group (i.e. next/previous layer). Plugins - there's a very active ecosystem of 3rd party developers, with tons of useful plugins to extend Sketch's functionality and make up for some of its limitations.

The vector editing tools feel very limited. For icon design I often find I have to jump to Adobe Illustrator to get the exact shapes I want. Illustrator's vector manipulation tools are both quicker and offer more granular control over various operations. Since layer and symbol names are such a key aspect of asset export, I'd love to have built-in rule-based batch renaming features. The popular plugin RenameIt is great, but why not build this in? The new team accounts are confusing and don't work well. The difference between signing in to an individual account vs a shared workspace isn't clear enough - do I need a serial number or a username and password? Myself and my teammates have had multiple issues with being signed out and getting lost in authentication hell, which immediately cuts us off from our files.

Personalwesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Favorite Design Tool!

Kommentare: I love how quick they are to make bug fixes and that they are always pushing the capability of what the program can do. They also are not shy of plugins and integrations with Invision and Craft which makes them a better product.

Here's the short list of why I'll never go back to adobe & always use Sketch 1)Command Keys - I LOVE that I don't have to remember crazy key commands to create simple things like textboxes and shapes. In sketch T creates a textbox, O a circle, R Rectangle! So easy to remember! 2) File Size - I can have HUNDREDS of designed screens in a single file and it doesn't take forever to load! The only time I've ever had a problem was with multiple massive photos in a file and still, that was nothing in compared to other programs 3) Symbols - I love not recreating the same button over and over. And that it's easy to create symbols and also change small things with text override. Helps a ton with consistency! 4) Saving! I love auto-save and if I accidentally deleted something I decided I like the revert ability is awesome! I can't tell you the nightmares I had in college because I forgot to save! 5) Plugins - There is an awesome community around this product and they create great tools to make my life even easier!

It's great they are always trying to stay up-to-date on the latest and best but as they find better ways to do things it sometimes messes up things like symbols and UI Kits which means rework to match the new functionality.

amiya
Senior User Experience Designer in USA
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A platform for designing Creative Artwork

Kommentare: It provides many useful tools for testing, creating and designing vector-based graphics, prototype, illustrations and many more. It helps in scaling your content automatically and fit it with its various responsive components. It helps in designing live data, animations etc through its integrated tools and various plugins. It allows users to share and export their designs, creative artworks, ideas with other professionals or developers.

It helps in designing digital artwork. As it is a vector-based editor, it helps you in resizing your art or images in any size and any dimension without affecting pixels and sharpness of your artworks. It is supportable for MacOs and can be used on the Mac operating system. It helps to design prototypes, icons, logos, app icon design, illustrations, vector-based graphics and many more. It helps in designing Ad banners, illustrations, social media images and various presentations.

If you are working with team members and your team members do not have the same version of the software you may face difficulties. Skilled persons, professionals or experts are required to learn its complex set of features whereas multiple tutorials and videos are provided to learn sketch. It is also difficult to update its plugins. Its collaboration tools also need some improvements.

Karan
Karan
QA Engineer in USA
Medienproduktion, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A full-featured but simplified prototyping tool

Kommentare: I absolutely love Sketch as prototyping software - the cons are honestly very easy to overlook because of its overall ease of use. At my company, we use Sketch in addition to other design software to meet our needs - Sketch serves as one (very useful) tool in the design process. It certainly isn't a solution for every design need but it meets ours very well - when we need to throw together a UI for either a demo or for an ideation session, Sketch is our go-to.

Sketch is easy to get up and running with - even without previous prototyping experience (such as with Adobe Illustrator to build components or using Adobe XD for building interactions), a few hours with Sketch is enough to get familiarized with the software. The inclusion of symbols in Sketch is a huge pro - coming from Illustrator, I was already aware of their application and advantages. That knowledge crossed over easily for Sketch and allowed our team to prototype web and mobile designs quickly and efficiently. Another huge plus is the community surrounding Sketch - their own documentation and a strong community means it's easy to get answers to questions you may have about tooling.

In building out vector graphics, I still prefer Illustrator. Sketch is limited in the number of features that it has, and I've found that many people turn to third party plugins to make Sketch work for them. That can lead to headaches (additional documentation to learn, maintenance of that third party plugin, getting help quickly for those plugins, etc). Another issue is that Sketch doesn't have support for collaboration. They have a beta version of "Sketch Teams" that will likely be moving into production in the near-future. As it stands, the closest we can get to making Sketch work for teams is Symbols, Libraries and Shared-Styles.

Silviu
General Manager in Rumänien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Why Sketch is still my first choice for almost every design task

Kommentare: I have been using Sketch for more than 4 years. I find it easy to use, intuitive. It has great integrations that can automate most of the work.
I am really excited about the product and highly recommend it.

It is fairly easy to use. It can be used for solving many design challenges such as icon design, wireframing, site mapping, prototyping, design system. It has been on the market for quite a while. The software is stable and the updates are constantly improving the value. Its main power comes from 3rd party plugins. It has tons of plugins available that make your life easy and automate some of the work. You can write your own plugin as well. Sketch has established itself as a market leader. Almost any other design tool out there that specializes in one aspect of product design has a plugin for Sketch integration. It is extremely common to start working in Sketch and then exporting it to a different tool.

Sketch is desktop based and it was built to work fast. Having people working on a shared project can be a bit tricky. There are some workarounds, a couple of external tools that offer functionalities similar to git (software development concept).

Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I've moved on to bigger better things

Kommentare: Sketch used to be the leader. It's just not anymore. Use Figma instead.

Sketch was such a game changer when it first launched. It destroyed Adobe in the UI/UX space but now there are so many players I don't think it's the best option. Sketch is a great tool for web and mobile design. Unlike Adobe products they simplified everything and just gave you the tools you needed to do your job. But like I said I think there are better options now.

The problem with sketch is it's still a desktop application that produces individual design files on your local machine. This may seem like a small thing but it's a huge problem when you're working witha team and trying to keep versions of your design files in sync. We now use Figma and it's all web based, version controled, and easily shared and viewd by anyone. Think of it this way, Sketch is like saving a word doc on your computer that has to be shared with 10 other people for their edits. Figma is like using google docs where all 10 people can be working on the same doc at the same time and see each other's edits. It's a game changer. So between Figma (my favorite), Adobe XD, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, and other options, I just don't think Sketch is as good as it once was. (ps... use Figma. It's the best)

Francesco
Francesco
UX Designer in Italien
Design, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The UX/UI de facto standard

Kommentare: I use this daily and i find it perfect for design but it has to rely on many 3d party software (such as invision or abstract) to fill in some gaps.

This software is the standard for interface design from UX to UI. It helped define the design pattern used in this kind of software so learning it lets you learn of to use any design software. It has a massive support of 3rd party plug-in

The prototipation aspect is very limited and so is the online collaboration. Sketch teams is slowly being developed but the software starts to show his age against newer competitor such as Figma or Adobe xD

Ken
Creative Director in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Almost perfect

Kommentare: I use Sketch hours every day, for everything from a quick wireframe or user journey map though app design spanning hundreds of artboards per document. It does everything I need.

Sketch is built exclusively for building UI. So extra feature you don't need and almost everything you do. The tools are intuitive and feature the functions you need. Some recent updates that improve symbols and shared libraries make it even better.

Integration with some plug ins is inconsistent. Craft has many problems. And the divide between design and prototyping, or whether to keep everything in Sketch or sync with Invision is a tough one. What makes Sketch good is it's singular focus on design - adding animations and prototyping could take it down the same road others have and been a disappointment.

Ashish
Ashish
UX Designer in Indien
Internet, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The ultimate tool for UI and UX Designer

Kommentare: Awesome tool for designers, Evolving with each release.

I loved how it's centered to user interface design. We used to use photoshop to design User Interface, though Photoshop is a very robust tool but the features are not UI Design centric, It is capable of doing a lot of things hence UI is not the focus here for Adobe. I love sketch because it is capable of doing one thing and does smartly. Though they have almost all of the basic features required for interface design, Plugins are icing on the cake. If you don't find anything you want the tool to do, 99% chances are you will find a plugin which does.

The subscription model and backward non-compatibility. You need to renew the subscription annually in order to receive an upgrade and that's okey or how the company will make money. What I don't like is you can't open Newer version of the file in Older version. If you work in a team and 6 people are working on one file, everyone needs to use the same version of the ​software.

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best in-class design software for Product designers

It is amazingly easy to get started with Sketch. There is very little learning curve to get started. It is designed for product designers and you can produce your UX/UI work a lot more quickly than using other software, say Illustrator. The keyboard shortcuts are intuitive and easy to remember, ie R for Rectangcle , L for Line. There are also a lot of 3rd party plugins and integration you can use to do pretty much everything. You can check your color contrast, you can build flow diagrams, you name it. What I like the most of Sketch is it's keeping up to date with the modern product design process. The new Sketch 52 redesign is fantastic, offering killer features like shared styles in symbols. This immediately became the way we build design system.

The only complaint I have with Sketch is the vector tool. It's kinda cumbersome to use compare to Adobe Illustrator. It is hard to do detailed icon or illustration work in Sketch.

Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I can't recommend Sketch enough

Kommentare: Sketch reduced the time it takes our designers to sketch a UI from days to hours, this in turn encouraging them to experiment more and come up with more creative visual solutions.

I run a startup studio, and that means we build and iterate on software products A LOT. We used to design them in Illustrator, but since we discovered Sketch, the time it takes us to sketch or design a user interface dropped significantly! Sketch makes it insanely easy for designers to quickly sketch out a UI in minutes rather than days. This means they are a lot more inclined to experiment, resulting in better implementations. When we settle on a design, Sketch is powerful enough to allow designers to build the full user interface without switching to a different software. It also integrates well with tools like Marvel to create interactive mockups and Zeplin to export the UI for developers to easily integrate the designs.

I can't think of anything - it's THAT good!

Lee
Senior Product Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great design software for solo designer

Kommentare: When I'm working on a project by myself, Sketch is the best option in many cases. I can quickly create new designs, and I can trust the software to behave the way I expect. Where I have problems is if someone else needs to edit the same file or contribute in some way. It's cumbersome to do so.

There's not a huge learning curve to the software, and once you learn it, you can create designs very quickly.

The collaboration tools (for larger teams) are a bit cumbersome compared to some of Sketch's competitors.

Maciej
Designer in Polen
Design, Selbstständig

Industry Standard

I come from an era, where UI designers used Photoshop, a tool for digital photography, to design interfaces. There was simply nothing better at that time. Then, Sketch was released and it changed everything. It was a vector-based tool focused on UI design. It was something designers really needed! Sketch came a long way and became an industry standard. After a few years it's still a solid software that you can rely on with features you need. Sketch developers listen to the community and release updates often. The pricing is also reasonable. If you're a UX or UI designer, this is the tool you want to use.

Sketch now has a lot of competitors and needs to catch up in some areas: – Prototyping capabilities are very basic‚ it's simply not capable to replace inVision many designers rely on – There are no good layout tools (like Stacks in Framer X)

Steve
Steve
User Experience Lead in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

It's competent, but I'm not sure what all the hype is about

Kommentare: Using Sketch is almost second nature, especially for designers who have used Adobe Illustrator, Axure, or Adobe XD. It handles libraries very well, and has a decent import function for EPS and Illustrator assets. But, it doesn't play very well with Adobe's tools. Given that XD can now import Sketch files, the advantage is slowly shifting back to Adobe as the Creative Cloud is platform agnostic and can read Sketch content and share it across users of all platforms. Sketch gets bonus points for making Adobe embrace plug-ins, however.

After all of the needed plug-ins are installed, the software is decent at creating interactive prototypes and illustrations for designing software. It is incredibly simple to install, as are all Mac products, and offers modest import functionality for other non-native file formats.

Sketch is still very reliant upon third-party plug-ins to handle (what should be native) tasks well. The fact that Sketch is Mac only makes it very limited in usage in corporations with mixed Mac/PC environments. Since macOS cannot be virtualized on a PC, and there is no PC version, more adoption of Sketch requires capital expenditure requests for Macs. Compared to almost any other tool in this space, which is either web based or multiplatform, I don't understand why Sketch is so trendy.