Über Sketch

Digitales Design-Toolkit zum Erstellen von Apps mit einer großen Auswahl an Design-Symbolen, die wiederverwendet und der Design-Community zur Verfügung gestellt werden können.

Erfahre mehr über Sketch

And, the cost is way cheaper than Adobe ($99 flat vs. $52.99/mo). It's kind of like if Adobe XD and Photoshop had a baby.

The following features that I don't like most in Sketch are. Missing cloud storage feature.

Bewertungen zu Sketch

Sketch hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 809 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sketch bereits verwendet?

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment and Environmental Management Consultant in Panama
Chemikalien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Sketch, a complete design platform built for spectacular creations.

Kommentare: Sketch is a mature and very stable tool. It has simple administration facilities to create a collaborative workspace, and its learning curve is low. Its design tools encourage creativity and it has a set of templates that simplify the work to start a new project.In general, it focuses on strengthening the tools for a neat design and providing extensive types of styles, good color management, and a development interface that manages the history of actions very well.

Sketch has proven to be a very lightweight and easy-to-use program for designers, and we don't need a lot of processing power to run it. On the other hand, its simplicity of use and its ability to be widely interactive, anyone with design knowledge can use Sketch. Additionally, it can be our main platform when we talk about web design, mobile user interface creation, icon design and organizational branding, and almost anything we need.The layout of the tool and its functionalities are mainly focused on offering the best features to present the best web design and prototyping work. Sketch provides us with grids and an interface to keep our work very well structured, as well as options to customize the main screen based on our needs.

Sketch has a large number of users who have selected it for prototyping, design, and branding. However, its market is aimed at Mac users, so it is possible that some users cannot take advantage of this technology. On the other hand, Sketch can be used to the maximum by designers who specialize in the area of layout, prototyping, and branding, but for users who do not have experience in these areas, its adoption is a little more difficult.

Koutarou
Koutarou
Software Engineer in Japan
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Prototyping service first used

Kommentare: I use it to create wireframe design compositions. The excellent compatibility with cloud-sharing tools of Sketch is highlighted because it facilitates communication with engineers. It's also nice that there is a significant synergistic effect with other tools. It automatically generates CSS. We recommend Sketch if you want to keep costs down. I created a simulation of the service and shared an image before implementation.

Before the introduction, I was doing web design and application design (wire, mock) with other software, but after the release of Sketch, I changed completely. Compared to others, the cost of introduction can be reduced. Anyway, the operation is light and works smoothly.

People who are used to other programs will get stuck with shortcuts. There are many pretty excellent add-ons, but the administration is complicated

Alex
Alex
Product Designer in UK
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It's a good design software, especially if you start small

4,0 vor 5 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: It's still a great design software with flexibility and ease of use. If you want a cheap, commercial licence, go for it. A lot of integration and compatibility :) Worth the money for sure!

It is still possible to edit SVG files; it's super helpful and still not supported in Figma. It's a cheap licence if you start with a design.

Definitely lost the first seat to Figma. Cooperation online, direct changes, no fuss just design is something that is still hard to work on in Sketch. It simply doesn't work in the big companies anymore

Utkarsh
Utkarsh
UX Designer in Indien
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Its on of the best tool for UI/UX designers.

Kommentare: The reason why people are switching to sketch from other software is that unlike Adobe illustrator, Sketch is designed by designer for desgner for digital interfaces specifically. The UI and tools are designed in way that they are easier to use while the plugins help users to go into the detail of a particular action.

One of the main reason why people choose sketch over other similar software is its plugins. Plugins link Autolayout, Magic mirror and Git sketch makes your life easier. It can be easily connected to Invision for easy prototyping and presentation. It is also extremely easy to learn sketch if you are trying to switch from Adobe illustrator or photoshop.

I find that Sketch is almost perfect while there are a couple of things that can be improved like the software is only available on Mac OS and not on windows which makes it difficult to share editable files with some clients and freelancers. Unlike Figma, sketch which doesnt allow to access your file from anywhere and also doesnt allow multiple people to work on a same file.

Gabriel
Operations Administrator in Kanada
Unternehmensberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Indispensable tool

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Indispensable tool, great for graphic design, great for remotely processing certain kinds of office paperwork.

Can't use my one licence across multiple devices. Limits where I can use it.

Amy
Amy
UX+UI Designer in UK
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for large and very robust projects, does take more time than XD

Kommentare: I like it but I'm moving my team away from using it. We are going to figure out a solution to the symbols issue in XD as overall, XD is a lot quicker to use and to build responsive on. I like sketch but it's just so 'clunky' and in an agency speed and time is important.

I like the use of symbols. This is crucial to being able to send out successfully to development and makes development time shorter. I like that there are multiple pages that can be used. Really useful for building out different versions, keeping organised.

Although the symbols are one of the biggest pluses, they are also one of the core issues. They are 'clunky' and make it difficult to iterate quickly. In some ways, components in XD are better than Sketch (asides from there not being a separate page for them, and no ability to build an atomic structure) as they are more flexible. Often I will need to create 8 versions of the same card to accommodate for different instances (sold out, new, reduced, email me, description, no description, 3 lines of text, 2 lines of text etc...) which is very time consuming. XD allows you to do this well. Creating a symbol also no longer sends to symbol page as default which is annoying. Images are one of the biggest bug bares. Images should be locked to scale with frame non locked, like in XD. This makes building responsive a lot quicker. Also just being able to drop in images rather than having to build components with different images as 5 layers down is a massive time hog. File size is an issue. Very laggy and causes my Mac to crash often.

Dustin
Dustin
Co-Founder in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I love Sketch!!!

Kommentare: I love Sketch. I've dropped the practically limitless other options that I've picked up over the years to almost exclusively use this tool for all my designs.

Easy to use, quick to learn, and an every day tool in my office. I have done everything from web design to logo design to photo editing in Sketch (not recommended, but awesome what can be done). I absolutely love it, and I'm really impressed with the team and pricing model as well!

Sometimes it is a bit slow to get features that I would hope for (I'm talking to you, dropper tool shortcut key), but overall it just does an excellent job at letting me do my job.

Ryan
Ryan
Digital Designer in Südafrika
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worth it's weight in gold

Kommentare: Overall, it's been an interesting journey learning to use Sketch. I came from an Adobe environment and learning to use Sketch was not a tedious process. Many of its functions are so similar. Only difference is shortcuts and layout, but allows you to do your job without any hassle.

It's so effective in creating artworks for both vector and raster based graphics and cost so much less than the largest competitor. It also has huge support and multiple plugins helping it become a platform that allows you to link it to other softwares like inVision for instance. It's become my daily driver.

Not much to hate. Could use some extra polishing in functionality, i.e: isolating graphics & better scaling functions. Not as polished as the Adobe software.

Sean
Sean
Social Media Manager/Marketing & End-User Support in USA
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great vector-based app available ON-machine

Kommentare: I'll be sticking with Sketch for a while. Right now it covers all of my needs and is an easy handoff to others along the line, including developers.

Sketch is an easy-to-use (once you learn it) app that is available ON Mac instead of a cloud-based app. Which is definitely my preference. Also available on Windows. I LOVE the plug-ins. As mentioned it can be a learning curve but it's a great alternative to Photoshop for some. Won't be for everybody and depends on what tasks you're doing of course.

I was convinced to switch to Sketch and admittedly the learning curve was a bit tight.

jayasri
jayasri
web developer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

sketch review

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

It is used for vector designing free of use

i have no dislike in usage of sketch and it is not difficult

Ken
Creative Director in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Once the best, but less competitive

Kommentare: Loved this product from the moment I started using it, but as a complete solution it's fallen short.

Sketch is one of the best-designed apps I've ever used (going back 30 years) and it's still a joy. Built from the ground up for UI work, not repurposed like Photoshop or Illustrator. Everything just works, and the plug-in community has a solution for everything.

Sketch hasn't remained competitive with other products - not so much as a UI toll which it excels at, but prototyping which they never really figured out and relied on other products like Invision to complete

Dragos
UX/UI Designer in Rumänien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Sketch is the best tool for UI/UX designers.

Kommentare: Great software for UI/UX designers, great for sketching, mockups, previews and prototyping. Highly recommend it!

It's very light weight and easy to use. You'll get the hang of it even if you are a newbie as a designer. The files are well constructed and even if you have lots of screens inside one file, it will open up easily with almost no waiting time. The developers behind Sketch constantly push updates. The pricing structure is a lot different than what Adobe does and I believe this is how things should be. You buy one license per device per year (different discounts are applied for different volumes). You get constant updates through out the year and the interesting part is that when that license expires, you can still use the software forever with the last version you had before it expired. No subscription. You have a big ecosystem of plugins that give you access to some amazing tools like Zeplin.io (for layout exports to devs) and Marvel (for prototyping), but also to independent projects that really make your life easier. Libraries and Symbols are amazing and once you master them, you work will improve tremendously because you won't spend time copying, redoing or modifying repeating UI elements. Exports to different resolutions for iOS and Android UI assets is as easy as clicking three times on a plus button and then pressing the export button. How amazing is that? Such a time saver! You also have prototyping tools inside Sketch to link screens between them, you get missing fonts alert that know which fonts are exactly missing. Overall it changed my workflow completely!

The image tool needs more work, as it doesn't have too many options to work with. You can fix this with different plugins or libraries. Hopefully more features will be added soon. The preview iOS app worked well in the beginning but now it's just awful. It's worth mentioning that occasionally, when trying to open a file that was created with newer version of Sketch than the one that you are currently using, it won't allow it. This practically makes you upgrade your version.

Jonno
Designer in Israel
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Still better than Figma (for us), great for UI design systems, constantly improving

Kommentare: We use Sketch to design our mobile app, web apps, website, and various other things. It's a key tool in our team's work. Figma is giving Sketch a real run for its money, but so far it's a better fit for our team. Competition is healthy, and I hope that translates into constant improvements over time.

Symbols and libraries - these are the core of Sketch's power. Dynamically updated components that allow individual customisations/overrides mean we don't have to have a million different variants of a given component. Colour tinting on symbol instances is a huge timesaver too, compared to the hacks and workarounds we used to have with layer styles and nested swatch symbols. Export presets make asset export simple - I especially love the use of layer names to create folder structures for export. The SVG export gives better results than Adobe Illustrator for example (more decimal places means higher accuracy). Pressing Enter or double-clicking to drill down within groups of elements is super useful - it'd be even better if there were keyboard shortcuts to cycle back and forth between the layers of a group (i.e. next/previous layer). Plugins - there's a very active ecosystem of 3rd party developers, with tons of useful plugins to extend Sketch's functionality and make up for some of its limitations.

The vector editing tools feel very limited. For icon design I often find I have to jump to Adobe Illustrator to get the exact shapes I want. Illustrator's vector manipulation tools are both quicker and offer more granular control over various operations. Since layer and symbol names are such a key aspect of asset export, I'd love to have built-in rule-based batch renaming features. The popular plugin RenameIt is great, but why not build this in? The new team accounts are confusing and don't work well. The difference between signing in to an individual account vs a shared workspace isn't clear enough - do I need a serial number or a username and password? Myself and my teammates have had multiple issues with being signed out and getting lost in authentication hell, which immediately cuts us off from our files.

Personalwesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Favorite Design Tool!

Kommentare: I love how quick they are to make bug fixes and that they are always pushing the capability of what the program can do. They also are not shy of plugins and integrations with Invision and Craft which makes them a better product.

Here's the short list of why I'll never go back to adobe & always use Sketch 1)Command Keys - I LOVE that I don't have to remember crazy key commands to create simple things like textboxes and shapes. In sketch T creates a textbox, O a circle, R Rectangle! So easy to remember! 2) File Size - I can have HUNDREDS of designed screens in a single file and it doesn't take forever to load! The only time I've ever had a problem was with multiple massive photos in a file and still, that was nothing in compared to other programs 3) Symbols - I love not recreating the same button over and over. And that it's easy to create symbols and also change small things with text override. Helps a ton with consistency! 4) Saving! I love auto-save and if I accidentally deleted something I decided I like the revert ability is awesome! I can't tell you the nightmares I had in college because I forgot to save! 5) Plugins - There is an awesome community around this product and they create great tools to make my life even easier!

It's great they are always trying to stay up-to-date on the latest and best but as they find better ways to do things it sometimes messes up things like symbols and UI Kits which means rework to match the new functionality.

Carsten
Carsten
Director of User Experience & Marketing in USA
Design, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Keeping this short, Sketch is what UI designers should be using - not Adobe anything.

Kommentare: I adopted Sketch with the free beta years ago in desperation of not switching back and forth between apps like InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Pixelmator, Omnigraffle (yup), and other apps that now feel like makeshift solutions to doing proper UI design. Adobe now has XD, but in my opinion, it's too little too late. I'm beyond knee deep in Sketch and far too busy to re-learn what I already know in what feels like OG UI design tool for the modern designer.

Sketch feels purposeful, like the creators knew there was a hole in the design market that needed a way to do both wire framing and high fidelity mock-ups with ease and the flexibility of Illustrator. Right when you think Adobe's "next big update" is going to make Sketch obsolete, Sketch comes out with the next wave of features, improvements, and 3rd party plugins that just remind you why you've stayed for so long.

The only con I can think of is compatibility between how Sketch renders vectors with how Adobe uses it. For the most part, you don't have many issues. But once in a while you'll work with some "old school" team that sends you an Adobe file containing assets for your UI project that you'd rather open in Sketch. Then you do, and it's hit or miss. However, a good designer has Adobe, can clean it up and make it usable in Sketch with a little expert know-how.

The price and 3rd party integration wins

Kommentare: Remember how you dreamed how you could have an illustrator like software that's built to build websites? Well you do, and it's quickly becoming the industry standard for web design, I don't know a single product design studio, web design agency or startup that doesn't require their designers to know sketch. It seems everyone is getting on board. The only creatives out there that don't use it are ad agencies that for some reason are still stuck making websites in photoshop. Oh well.

How seamlessly SK integrates with invision, the workflow is flawless. I love how sketch (unlike Adobe) really emphasized integrating with 3rd party software. Just create the web comp in sketch, synch it with invision and watch how all the assets flow into your project, along with invision inbuilt ability to create a prototype out of your design and let team members comment it, it's truly the best web design work flow I've seen.

No direct selection. It drove me crazy, that objects are can't be easily selected and manipulated like they can be in PS/AI. And god help you if try to import any vectors back into illustrator. (crazy nonsensical shapes). Which means the only way to establish a coherent work flow with illustrator, is AI into sketch—never the other way around.

Moises
Moises
Design and Markeing in Ecuador
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Graphic design oriented to the digital world

Kommentare: Following this logic of order and registration, we create an additional file called "Style" in which we describe all the elements and their possible variations. With this document it is easier for developers to take separate elements and assemble the site. It also helps to maintain consistency in the work of the different members and avoids problems caused by interpretations.

A great point in favor, was that we use this program from the information architecture, so the compatibility is ideal, the best thing in web design is that it has an automatic grid system that is very easy to handle. The two previous functions facilitate unexpected changes and corrections, since when changing an element is automatically updated throughout the site. The files are very light, they can be exported in PDF, PNG and JPG, even at twice the size, since when working with vectors, there is no danger of pixelation of the elements. Multiple artboards can be used in different sections. This allows you to develop all the templates of a device in one section and thus have your pages divided according to format. Shape elements, such as a rectangle, are used with the same logic as CSS, so when moving to front you can easily copy the styling.

It exists only for OS X Mac, which means that all the equipment I work with must use this operating system. It is not good for image editing. It has some basic tools, but to define a style you have to use another editing program first. It is not possible to go back one step when modifying a style, you have to go back to the latest version, so it is necessary to constantly save the changes.

UX designer in USA
Design, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Robust Desgin Tool for Pixel-Perfect Mockups

Kommentare: Sketch is our go-to tool for bringing to life polished digital user experiences. It has allowed us to design quickly and create exactly what we envision.

Sketch is the most robust design tool for creating polished screen-based user interfaces. They've kept up over the years by adding features like prototyping and basic animations.

I’m happy to see that they’ve added prototyping, but the functionality really is not as robust as an alternative like Figma. Also, sharing designs in Sketch is inconvenient if your organization is not using something like OneDrive to automatically sync all the files.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great overall but still lacking some key things

Kommentare: I don’t think I’ll switch to a different product anytime soon, but there are competitors in the industry that are nipping at the heels of Sketch.

Sketch is specifically created for creating graphical user interface designs, and I love that it’s optimized for that use case.

There are a lot of things that you still have to go to a plug in to do. Sketch has done a good job of wrapping a lot of these things into the native app, but there are still key things that could be improved: find and replace, layer management, creating and editing paths, responsive/adaptive interface management.

Frank
Frank
Co-Founder, CTO and Product Lead in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sketch has all the simplicity of Apple's Keynote with the power of Adobe's Illustrator

Kommentare: Overall, Sketch has been a real timesaver that I simply can't work without. Anyone looking for an easy to use tool that delivers on power user features without sacrificing UX, can't do much better than this tool. Highly recommended.

Sketch's ease of use is by far its best quality. With a low learning curve, a user can go from firing up the software for the first time to completing a high quality mockup in a really short time. It has none of the intimidation you feel when starting to use an Adobe product whether its Illustrator or Photoshop. In that regard, it's a lot more similar to Apple's Keynote, which had become my mockup tool of choice until I discovered Sketch, which can accomplish much more in a shorter period of time.

The latest 52.0 release that introduced Dark Mode, also brought slowdowns for large documents. Speed was supposed to be one of the hallmarks of the release, but I've experienced the opposite, with one of my larger documents taking quite a while before it opens on my Macbook Pro.

Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for App Designers Or Quick Photo Edits

Kommentare: Editing photos for works and creating app icons for my personal projects, Sketch provides quick work of them both. Could not ask for a better vector program.

While not produced by Apple, this is a piece of software that you could see Apple designing if they went for a vector editing piece of software. Sketch is transparent in its most used tools, all which perform excellently. Whether you're creating an icon for a website or an app, or simply editing an imported photo, Sketch is incredibly easy to understand and manipulate at will.

At its core, Sketch provides all the basic tools necessary to be a Photoshop-competitor, it is meant for more of a digital partnership. There are no print-medium settings, so you're stuck creating digital files for digital realms. In addition, you pay for yearly updates as free updates are not part of the initial cost.

Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I can't recommend Sketch enough

Kommentare: Sketch reduced the time it takes our designers to sketch a UI from days to hours, this in turn encouraging them to experiment more and come up with more creative visual solutions.

I run a startup studio, and that means we build and iterate on software products A LOT. We used to design them in Illustrator, but since we discovered Sketch, the time it takes us to sketch or design a user interface dropped significantly! Sketch makes it insanely easy for designers to quickly sketch out a UI in minutes rather than days. This means they are a lot more inclined to experiment, resulting in better implementations. When we settle on a design, Sketch is powerful enough to allow designers to build the full user interface without switching to a different software. It also integrates well with tools like Marvel to create interactive mockups and Zeplin to export the UI for developers to easily integrate the designs.

I can't think of anything - it's THAT good!

Leonardo
Leonardo
Founder in Brasilien
Informationsdienst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best in Class for Designers

Kommentare: Very happy with this tool, we migrated from Adobe CC

Part of our job is design some user interface elements for our clients, and Sketch is an essential tool for this job. It provides pixel precise interface, a lot of tools to customize the design and create something really unique, and when you export, the design is crisp. It allows export in multiple formats. Get it, worth every nickel

I can't say anything negative about it, it does everything we need.

Andrew
Andrew
Lead Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

A breath of fresh air (coming from Adobe)

Kommentare: I use Sketch primarily for developing web design prototypes. I know it's not particularly suited for illustration or print, but it's so pleasant to use, I find myself cheating and using it for those things anyway!

I bought Sketch when it first came out, and I remember thinking, "Wow. A design app that actually looks visually appealing!" I was used to Adobe products, which are high-quality, but still look like they were developed 10 years ago. Everything in Sketch is well-organized and intuitive—I had no problem jumping in and designing a landing page in a few minutes. I like that it's paired more closely with web development (pinning objects to an edge, responsive sizing, etc), and symbols are a pretty convenient way to make your designs more modular. The icon toolbar is highly useful, as well. I like that you can customize 100% to your needs.

I wish Sketch would move even closer to web development in the sense of being able to define global padding sizes, grids, etc. I think the organization of Symbols could be improved to accommodate large libraries.

Inguna
Inguna
UX Designer in Lettland
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

For graphic design on a Mac - excellent

Kommentare: As a UX designer, a lot of my time is spent making prototypes. Sketch was the first such app that I used for this purpose, and I used it daily for 2 years. The base controls are easy to learn and use, but as with anything, getting to an efficient workflow required some effort and thought.
The app supports the user in lots of small ways, such as providing a lot of default canvas sizes to choose from (so you don't have to spend time defining your own each time). By using symbols it's easier to deal with multiple repeating elements, and Sketch even has a built-in feature where you can edit the text in a symbol without copying it over and over- this I have not yet seen anywhere else, and was my favorite thing in Sketch.
I have since moved to other apps, because in my work I need to show user interactions with a UI, and don't care much about vectors and polished graphic design. For more interaction design and rapid prototyping, Sketch is not the best on the market. But for polished designs, if you are already using a mac, it's really great.

Lots of free plugins available to extend functionality. Lots of free libraries available for common elements. Easy to learn initially, the controls are intuitive for the most part. Cn edit text in a symbol without having to make separate versions of the symbol - very cool. Can make polished high-fidelity prototypes with Sketch.

Available only for iOS devices. Can't add text within an element- must add text as a separate element. Not ideal for rapid low-fidelity prototyping. Can't create itneractions between elements or users mouse.