Über Fons

Fons rationalisiert die Terminplanung und Zahlungen für terminbasierte Geschäfte.

Erfahre mehr über Fons

Ruth B.
  • Bewertet am 13.8.2018

"Life... simplified"

Kommentare: I've invested time into getting my Fons account set up and running... but now, it's ready to run. Less time at the bank, less awkward money talks with clients. More of doing what I love. That's what Fons is for me, and the peace of mind and professional front it gives my business is worth 5 times what they're charging.

Vorteile: What I love most about fons is that my clients love it. It's easy and straightforward for them, and looks super professional. For me, Fons has given me so much more peace of mind. Happier clients=happier me.

Nachteile: I have run into a few bumps, but there's a great support team that will stick with you and help you figure everything out. Most of my minor problems come from me not being able to see what my clients see. When they run into problems, it's more difficult to resolve the issue.

von Fons an 5.9.2018

Hey Ruth, thanks for the review! So glad to have you as a part of our Fons family! Since, reading your review we have added some videos to our help center, so you can at least see what their signup and appointment scheduling & confirmation looks like. We are always looking to improve, so if you have anything in-particular you would like to see for your clients just let us know:) Also, have them reach out to us because they have the benefit of the same great support as you and if it something we think may be helpful to you from your clients we will pass it along to you as well.

• Bewertet am 13.8.2018
Allie T.
Voice Coach
  • Bewertet am 10.6.2019

"Perfect integration for a great price!"

Vorteile: Integrating invoicing + scheduling into one software and the ease of use for my clients! Great customer support!

Nachteile: There's a few visual kinks to work out, and I wish it were easier to log in from my phone. I'd also like to be able to manage my calendar a bit more (turning on & off certain months versus just days/times).

• Bewertet am 10.6.2019
Andy L.
Gutiar Teacher
  • Bewertet am 16.5.2020

"So helpful for my business"

Vorteile: I've used Fons for my studio of around 40 guitar students since spring of 2019. It's helped smooth out the day to day running of the business in numerous ways, from enabling me to automate payments, to giving students an easy way to reschedule missed lessons. Fons' CEO, Eric, is one of the nicest people out there, and makes himself remarkably available for someone who's surely very busy. Their support staff is simply the best I've ever seen. They reply often within minutes of me contacting them. The platform is easy and intuitive to use. I learned my way around it quickly, and have had almost no issues with clients' ability to use it.

Nachteile: Fons is still a little ahead of it's time. It, and other services like it, are still not widely used by music teachers. Thus, music teachers can sometimes encounter resistance to using the service from clients. On the other hand, there are clients out there who really like it, and see it as something that positively sets me apart from other teachers in my area.

von Fons an 19.5.2020

Hey there Andy. Thank you so much for your kind words, and especially for your note about students resisting digitization. That really resonates and is one of our core objectives right now... make digital payments & scheduling more simple & less obtrusive for the clients. We want to get friction for customers as close to zero as possible. Thank you so much for being part of our community. We so appreciate you.

• Bewertet am 16.5.2020
Hannah P.
  • Bewertet am 20.8.2019

"Great Customer Service"

Kommentare: My overall experience with fons has been relatively good. The customer service has been helpful with all of my issues and there are definitely some wonderful benefits with Fons, but there are some issues with layout that could use improvement.

Vorteile: I have had excellent customer service experiences with Fons. It is also wonderful to have a scheduling app where clients can schedule and pay for their appointments and include the option to purchase in bulk!

Nachteile: This software is a bit complicated to use at times. It is hard to find how to do certain things, and there needs to be more direct options for certain actions. Sites like these should be laid out in the easiest manner for the simplest laymen to use. It would also help to have an option for a business policy to be read by clients before scheduling appointments and when appointments are being confirmed so that the policy is fresh in their minds and for liability purposes.

von Fons an 20.8.2019

Hey there Hannah! Thank you so much for your review and this feedback. We want to make Fons as simple as possible to use for anyone, regardless of their comfort with using new technologies. Please let our team know if there are any particular areas you'd like to see improve or explained better. Fons is a powerful platform nestled into minimal design., and we make updates each week to try and improve the user experience. We are guided by our customers' needs and feedback. Thanks for sharing yours!

• Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Erin mae L.
Teacher
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2019

"Fons is great"

Kommentare: Fons has definitely simplified by life by providing a super simple way for my students and clients to schedule appointments *for themselves*. No more exchanging dozens of emails/text messages to try to nail down a time to meet. I just send them my link and they find a time that works for them. I am so pleased!

Vorteile: Makes scheduling appointments with clients SO MUCH easier

Nachteile: Can be a bit bulky to navigate at first, until you get used to the terminology they use to describe the various different services they offer.

von Fons an 27.8.2019

Thank you so much for this review! We really appreciate your taking the time, and are so happy that you're enjoying Fons! Your comment about the learning curve is really valid, and an area we're constantly trying to improve. Thanks again for being a part of the Fons family, and let us know if you need anything else! Awesome.

• Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Tom S.
Private Music Instructor
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.7.2019

"Fons for music instructors"

Kommentare: The biggest part that i am solving is payments. With the auto pay function, I no longer have to keep hounding clients to pay their invoices!

Vorteile: My favorite part of this software is the accountability component. It makes the clients take that extra step to confirm appointments, making sure they remember.

Nachteile: The interface of the calendar is a little lacking and I cannot change the size of the calendar slots like in google calendar. Would also like to be able to drag and drop an appointment like in google calendar.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Steve E.
Musician, Music Educator
  • Bewertet am 2.4.2020

"The right tool for the job"

Kommentare: Smoothing the scheduling and payment for my music studio.

Vorteile: This is the third on-line scheduler that I've used, the only one with built-in payment and it is the most affordable, most responsive and easiest to manage. I particularly like the recent Zoom integration, and workshop options. The fact that I can easily access my account from my computer or phone.

Nachteile: Having more than one marketplace that is outward facing that separates individual lessons from workshops and consultations is a wish.

• Bewertet am 2.4.2020
Allie G.
Vocal Coach
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2020

"FONS = LIFE."

Kommentare: YES. EVERYONE needs fons. i shout it from the rooftops all the time.

Vorteile: I LOVE that because everything is automated, i never have to worry about chasing down payments or losing track or trying to trust venmo. The administrative time has cut down by HOURS a month and i feel like i have way more time to focus on being a good teacher and less time scheduling or billing.

Nachteile: There are some features that I think could be added to the software, but i've already sent my ideas to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he has been so helpful!

• Bewertet am 18.2.2020
Pieter D.
Director: Learning Specialist Tutor
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 8.3.2020

"Game Changer "

Kommentare: Before Fons I had to trudge through tracking Billing. Now Fons does it all. This gives more time and energy to do what I enjoy which is working with my students.

Vorteile: Fons has been a game changer for my educational consulting tutoring service.

Nachteile: There was a period when I ran into a couple problems. It was user error but their customer support was excellent. Then they added a new feature to prevent this error from happening in the future. Amazing!

• Bewertet am 8.3.2020
Brittney T.
Vocal Coach
  • Bewertet am 15.9.2018

"Fons Is Life Changing"

Kommentare: Awesome.. can’t say that enough.

Vorteile: As a vocal Coach I struggled for YEARS with working out a convenient way to bill people, especially in the event of having to hold students accountable for my 24 hour notice cancellation policy without just losing the student altogether or having an awkward conversation with them. (I am very non-confrontational) Fons has COMPLETELY fixed that for me! I have never heard a complaint for my policy since using Fons and never missed receiving a payment because Fons retrieves it for me. Also never lost students over it. I honestly make $300-$400 from cancellations a month that I would not have been paid prior to using it. Fons is the middle man for me and it makes everything so easy!

Nachteile: I honestly have no real complaints. Customer service is always asking how to improve the product and they have actually taken and worked with multiple suggestions I’ve given!

von Fons an 28.11.2018

Hey Brittney,

While we do have a ton of great easy to use features, everyone does love the automated cancellation policy. Whoa, $300-$400 a month from cancellations, you are now able to capture, that's amazing! We've had others tell us the same thing, but until you really start adding it up it's hard to imagine it would ever be that much. Great job & glad we could help! Also, thanks for the great review!

¿ Mica ~ Customer Success Team

• Bewertet am 15.9.2018
Allison S.
Freelance Hornist and Teacher
Darstellende Künste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 6.11.2018

"Time is Money - Fons is Saving me Tons of It!"

Kommentare: It was a big switch for me, to bring all my clients aboard this system. I knew it would take some time, and there would likely be questions along the way. Let's just say it took significantly less effort than I was expecting. The chat support has been phenomenal. I don't know how they do it, but the Fons team seems to always be ready to answer my questions, no matter what time of day/night. If they didn't quite know the answer instantly, they got back to me ASAP.

Vorteile: The overall look is simple, clean, and is very user-friendly. Probably 95% of the clients I work with LOVE it, and found it very easy to change over to for payments and scheduling. The other 5% are the ones who generally dislike technology as a whole, and/or find it difficult. I've especially noted the praise I've received from employing Fons in my business (thanks for making me look good!) from those clients I know work in the tech industry themselves. They have seemed impressed.

Nachteile: I work with a large variety of clients in a number of ways, and ultimately would love to be able to do just a couple more specific things with different sets of client lists, etc. However, I know Fons is a young company; I've been assured that some of those things are coming down the pike.

von Fons an 28.11.2018

Hey Allison,

Thanks for the great review and glad we made you look so good, so awesome to hear:)

We are loving all of your feedback and great ideas for new feature enhancements and are working on them as quickly as possible, so keep them coming!

¿ Mica ~ Customer Success Team

• Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Rob H.
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2018

"I no longer dread billing my students."

Kommentare: I love teaching guitar, but I hate the tedious administrivia part of running your own business, and until recently the worst part was scheduling and billing my students. I tracked their lessons with pencil and paper, and used email to schedule and bill. Looking back on it, the whole process was incredibly inefficient and prone to miscommunication and mistakes. Now my calendar is synced with my students, and the billing happens behind the scenes. When I first signed up with Fons I think it had just opened for business, and I'd occasionally encounter bugs. Their customer service is AMAZING. Like, "how do you stay in business with this level of service?" amazing. Not only did they genuinely care if I had a problem, often things I reported got fixed within a few days. The app now feels solid and I recommend it without reservation.

Vorteile: Not spending six hours at the start of every month calculating and emailing invoices to each of my students.

Nachteile: A minor gripe: I'd like to have access to a record of each email Fons sends on my behalf.

• Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Xavier S.
Piano Teacher/Owner
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2019

"Appointment based business automated"

Kommentare: Every time something has been wrong or I have had a question the team is always there to answer and they are real people, which is really cool. It is just smooth to see my money come into my bank account without having to deposit a bunch of checks.

Vorteile: I like how people can pay me through it via a couple of ways. Monthly subscription, a package or by appointment. Fons keeps track of how many appointments you have had with that client and leaves the guessing game of how long was each one and how many in the past, because they keep track of all of that. Just a way to just focus on what you want rather than keeping track of payments.

Nachteile: I think I would like to be able to enter more of my clients information, specially if they have more than one kid, I would like to enter that information myself because parents are a little lazy doing this.

von Fons an 10.10.2019

Hey there Xavier. Thank you so much for this review! We are so happy to hear that you're enjoying Fons. More importantly, we appreciate your feedback on what you'd like to see. We're working on a way for you to add more client information yourself, it's a great idea. Thanks again!

• Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Success Adviser
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.4.2019

"solid company, still optimizing their product"

Kommentare: After reviewing several scheduling options, this one did not make the cut due to low integration options and lack of 2-way google sync.

Vorteile: It's always refreshing to see a scheduling service that acknowledges coaches. The client and program management features are particularly helpful. It's great to be able to invoice clients up front for services, and streamline and automate things such as cancellation policies and billing. Very intuitive and easy.

Nachteile: Doesn't offer the level of customization available from some similarly priced services. Fees are somewhat higher than other services. However, the biggest issue is 2-way sync with google calendar.

von Fons an 8.4.2019

Hey there! Thanks so much for the review and the feedback. It sounds like the big feature you are wanting is integrations with other services. We'll be offering a robust suite of integrations very soon! We opted to hold off on integrations until we pinpointed exactly how our platform would best serve our customers, and could identify which integrations would be most beneficial. We'll hope to chat with you again in the near future!

• Bewertet am 8.4.2019
Daniel N.
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 27.7.2018

"Fons is incredibly easy to use and makes life easy for me and my clients"

Kommentare: Benefits include: Less headaches, bigger bank account, and more time to focus on making/teaching music.

Vorteile: First off, the customer support is amazing. Very quick to respond, friendly, and of course helpful. I've been teaching private music lessons and tutoring for almost 10 years, on and off though because of the headaches that come with scheduling miscommunications, chasing payments, etc. Fons takes care of all that without me having to work for an agency that will take a 70% cut. I've never been happier to teach since using Fons.

Nachteile: I wouldn't consider it a con, but as a user in Canada, I hope that one day there will be alternative payment options for my clients other than credit card.

• Bewertet am 27.7.2018
Jerry B.
  • Bewertet am 4.1.2018

Vorteile: I've been a private tennis instructor for over 20 years. I teach 25-30 hours of private and group lessons per week and typically spend 10-15 hours scheduling, rescheduling, tracking down checks and depositing them into the bank. I've tried a number of different scheduling apps (Mind Body and others) as well as a combination of google cal and fresh books to help with efficiency. I've found these platforms to be either super clunky, cost too much or just flat out sucked. I started using Fons a few months ago and at first it seemed too good to be true. From the moment I signed up the customer service team was there and has been incredibly responsive. I'm not very tech savvy but it has been so easy to use and all my students love it. It basically combines scheduling, billing and payments into one easy program. Now that all my students have converted over to Fons I spend less than an hour on administrative time per week.

• Bewertet am 4.1.2018
Samantha B.
Self Employed
  • Bewertet am 22.9.2018

"Fons customer service feedback"

Kommentare: I like the quick customer service feedback, but I have two pieces of advice to make the customer service experience better. Sometimes it feels like the team is defensive about bugs, despite this being a new software and therefore understandably prone to bugs. For Fons, it doesn’t seem like the customer is always right. I had a rather negative experience when the CEO responded to my anxiety in an email badly, accusing me of not reading it thoroughly getting impatient when I didn’t understand. I think this is unfair, since I am not a tech person and operating this level of technology for my business has been daunting and stressful, especially since adopting it correctly affects how and when I’ll be paid. As a disability rights activist who is married to someone with a reading disability, the accusation of not reading it correctly came across as rather ableist and condescending. I’d rather keep things professional, which for the customer service side I think means dealing with understandably nervous and anxious clients with grace and kindness. Or not taking their money. Which unfortunately I had already paid for the entire year just before this distressing exchange.

Vorteile: It’s pretty easy to use, but has a learning curve that can be overwhelming, especially since it’s a new software and there are still bugs being worked out as features are added.

Nachteile: The high learning curve and how that affected how quickly I’d be paid.

von Fons an 30.11.2018

Hey there Samantha. I am so sorry that any of my correspondences came across as anything other than supportive. My aim was to be as succinct and explanatory as possible. Our team was "all hands on deck" to try to get you up and running as smoothly as possible. That was our intention, and why I jumped in to try and help. I teach and and have worked within the developmentally disabled community, & I feel quite saddened that I represented myself in a way that offended you. We appreciate your willingness to use the platform and we value your feedback. If you decide that you don't want to use Fons for your studio, we'll refund your money and wish you well.

• Bewertet am 22.9.2018
Katie K.
  • Bewertet am 9.11.2019

"Easy to set up, even easier ongoing use, and amazing customer service"

Kommentare: Every time I have a question I get clear directions, an offer to help, and an offer to call. I am so thankful for the amount of time Fons has saved me.

Vorteile: Straight forward, streamlined, intuitive design, and so easy to use. I didn't have to spend hours studying to use this like I have done in the past. Customer service is amazing.

Nachteile: This software and customer service team has saved me a ton of time, and I just really can't think of anything I don't really really like.

• Bewertet am 9.11.2019
Shannon N.
n/a
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 8.8.2018

"Fons has made scheduling so easy"

Vorteile: We use Fons software for scheduling our son's music lessons. It has really streamlined both scheduling and payment for us. Before, we'd have to remember to bring a check in to each lesson, and any time we'd want to adjust or cancel lesson times, we'd have to try to get in touch with his teacher with a phone call/email, etc. and there was back and forth about what other times could work.Now payment is automatically taken care of, and scheduling changes happen directly through the app. I can see the calendar of possible lesson times, and his teacher can approve of them directly.

Nachteile: Credit card transaction fees seem a little high

von Fons an 5.9.2018

Thanks Shannon, for the awesome review! Unfortunately, the credit card fees are from our processor, but as the client you shouldn't have any fees, if you see something different please let us know.

We are busy improving the client-side for an even better experience! If you have any ideas we would love the feedback:)

• Bewertet am 8.8.2018
Karin W.
Voice Instructor
  • Bewertet am 8.11.2018

"Best Customer Service I've Ever Experienced"

Kommentare: I'm using them to set up client management and billing for my voice studio.

Vorteile: If you teach lessons,or provide hourly services of any kind, and need a more streamlined, easy way to manage your schedule and do billing, this is the way to go. Beyond having a really intuitive user interface, they have some of the best, most personal customer service I've ever seen. Literally, you can video-chat directly with the creators/ developers. It feels more like joining a team/ family than just purchasing a service, and they pay YOU to give you a personal tour of the site when you join.

Nachteile: I have no complaints. Any additional functionality I'd like, they are already working on.

• Bewertet am 8.11.2018
Steve T.
  • Bewertet am 18.4.2018

"Love Fons!"

Vorteile: Automates my scheduling and billing and allows me to focus on teaching. I save tons of time--way less email and accounting, and I don't have to play debt collector. Students in my studio love the flexibility. Support is super fast and responsive. Price is a bargain.

Nachteile: Some of my clients (mostly with older phones) have trouble with the app. The desktop version is no problem.

von Fons an 5.9.2018

Hey Steve, thanks for the review, as you know we released our new faster app, which works great with old phones now:) We have an article in our help center on downloading.

• Bewertet am 18.4.2018
C. r. ryan W.
Piano Instructor/Math tutor
  • Bewertet am 19.8.2019

"Stop Talking About Money!"

Kommentare: The timing of my income has stabilized and I've reclaimed time spent worrying about/following up on billing and money stuff.

Vorteile: I love that once I have a client set up, we never have to talk about money again. Instead we get to talk about (in my case) how they're progressing in their studies, or how their child is doing, or dozens of other topics that have anything beyond a bookkeeping relationship to our work together. Nobody has to remember cash, or a check, or any of that nonsense. It's great!

Nachteile: Some of the functions are still a little odd, in that sometimes you have to order different types of charges (tuition vs. one-time) to keep things straight with payments, at least at first.

von Fons an 20.8.2019

Thank you so much for this review! So glad to hear that Fons is helping your business, and we look forward to making it better and better! To your note about keeping the different billing methods to keep straight.. totally agree. We chose to support those 3 billing methods since they each have upsides, and all of the allow a provider to eliminate invoicing and automate payments... which is awesome. We've added notes to our design queue to take this feedback to make the billing options clearer to new users! Thank you so much for the feedback. As always, thanks for being part of the fons family, and keep us posted if you need anything else.!

• Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Katie L.
Piano Teacher
  • Bewertet am 16.9.2018

"Fons Review"

Kommentare: Fons allows me to invest my full energy into teaching my students when we have our lessons, rather that spending time and energy discussing policy and payment. My relationships with families of my students have been greatly improved because of Fons!

Vorteile: I am a piano teacher, and I love that Fons has eliminated all of the awkward conversations about money and payment with clients. Fons automatically bills clients on a per lesson or monthly subscription basis, it has been really great to not have to keep track of forgetful clients and chase payment. Fon’s customer service is very helpful, friendly and quick.

Nachteile: While the monthly fee is very low, the processing fees are slightly higher then other comparable services for music teachers. The processing fees are more than worth it for the time I save, and the ease of use of this program!

• Bewertet am 16.9.2018
Jonny A.
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2018

"Fons has been awesome and it keeps getting better. Makes everything so much easier. "

Vorteile: For the most part it works really well and is super easy to use. The Fons team is always ready fix any problems and their support is above and beyond.

Nachteile: Right now that the bugs have been worked out. I don't have any cons.

• Bewertet am 28.7.2018
Carol P.
voice teacher, owner and operator
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2018

"excellent resource for independent contractors!"

Vorteile: i really love how seamless this is to use. the interface is simple, the navigation is intuitive, and it doesn't have anything extraneous that i don't need. I like that i can make my own hours and that everything has to be approved.

Nachteile: i think i would like a way to mass schedule or cancel my appointments. i see why it's handy to have it one at a time, but i also know that blocking out availability for weeks or months is something i would definitely use. I also want to have the option to make sure my appointments get scheduled back to back, instead of whenever they want.

von Fons an 5.9.2018

Carol, wow we just talked about having a way to have appointment availability to recalculate back to back, stay tuned that may get released sooner rather than later. I added you to the other feature request card.

• Bewertet am 31.7.2018