Does exactly what it promises to do: sets your pricing on profitable auto-pilot

Bewertet am 11.1.2018
Matthew J.

Kommentare: Wheelhouse helps us make more money by adjusting our AirBnB price dynamically.
It is very good.

Vorteile: I like that Wheelhouse is, day by day, learning what my pricing should be and is continually adjusting the pricing to meet my goals. Before I used Wheelhouse, I would occasionally adjust my pricing based on seasonality and vacancy. But I would not set prices for my entire calendar (that would take too long), and I did not do it very often (since even small changes took a lot of time.)
Plus, I had no clue about special events, or any information about the wider market.
With Wheelhouse, it sets all my pricing for my entire calendar, including adjustments I never had time to make (Weekends, special events, market conditions). And it does this every single day. Because I prioritize occupancy, Wheelhouse (at my instruction) aggressively adjusts rates to fill holes in my schedule as needed. At the same time, it keeps my rates high for the days when it should be high. I would not have the time to do this myself, and I would not know what values to set. Possibly the most valuable thing Wheelhouse does for me is this: it is figuring out what my basic price should be. When we started out, we just had to guess what our price should be, based on pure speculation. But Wheelhouse is making fine adjustments as it goes, and is figuring out our basic rates using the most important information of all: what the guests are willing to pay. I am confident our pricing is far better with Wheelhouse, and that we are making more money.
Well worth the tiny price they charge.

Nachteile: I wish the system somehow magically knew when a booking was made and used the new information to adjust the pricing right at that moment. As it is, Wheelhouse checks every 24 hours (I think). Plus you can ask Wheelhouse to refresh manually.
But that involves going to the web site and pushing a button, which is more work that I am now used to doing since Wheelhouse took over.
I also wish Wheelhouse could magically make people want to book my listing before all other listings. I guess that is a future feature request.

A solid pricing engine, does a great job if you want to customize.

Bewertet am 9.3.2019
Amir S.
Computer Scientist

Kommentare: As an Airbnb owner, you don't want to automate your pricing. Wheelhouse adjusts it based on seasonality, day of the week, special events, your preferences, how many days away it is, etc. It can adjust minimum stays as well, and is fully customizable to automate your listing so you don't have to mess with it, just set your preferences and don't think about it.

Vorteile: You can customize everything. Want to disable single night stays except to fill a gap between two reservations, no problem. You want to price Christmas time a little bit higher than normal, but still have it auto adjust as the date gets closer, you can do that. It is pretty cheap, only 1% of booking cost. And the support is amazing, they take care of you. The ability to fill single night gaps was a request I had asked for, and they implemented it.

Nachteile: Sometimes there can be bugs, it's a developing product, but they are constantly adding things over time, it has grown massively as a product over the past year. Sometimes if you're not careful bugs can cause you to loose revenue because it will adjust the price incorrectly and you don't notice.

Put more money in your pocket!

Bewertet am 10.6.2019
Michelle N.
Property owner
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If you aren't using this, then you are leaving thousands of dollars on the table.

Vorteile: Super easy to use and leaves me with more time to do other things.
Also give a boost in AirBnB listings search because it goes in and adjusts my calendar daily.
The price is EXCELLENT!

Nachteile: Nothing, really. It works really well and lets me go about my daily business without having to worry and changing my rates all the time.

Set it and (mostly) forget it...and make more money than you would on your own!

Chris L.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Extremely satisfied! I'll be glad to keep using them and look forward to continual refinements and improvements.

Vorteile: Ease of use: I just link my Airbnb and TripAdvisor accounts and it does the rest (with minor set-up--it's mostly OK to use the defaults).
Price: their pricing is extremely reasonable--perhaps too much so! The fact they base it on a percentage of your actual, booked revenue incentivizes them to help you make the most money possible.
Accuracy: they keep an eye on events and actual supply and demand and help you price appropriately. I often find they price far higher than I normally would, but I usually find I still get booked.
Coverage: They cover my market (Branson, MO) where other pricing providers don't.

Nachteile: Accuracy: while I'm in general satisfied with their pricing accuracy, lately I've found they seem to be over-pricing things, especially in shoulder season and off-peak, resulting in me losing out on bookings and having the property sit empty.
Flexibility: I wish the system were smarter with offering last-minute discounts. The default option is not nearly aggressive enough, and it can only be customized minimally. I wish they could improve the last-minute discount system to more automatically monitor supply and demand and very aggressively discount rates if the property doesn't book up.

Really worth the price!

Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Johanne G.

Kommentare: I’m happy with the improvements they make on a regular basis and I’ve alway been satisfied with their client services people who are quite helpful.

Vorteile: Using Wheelhouse for my airbnb pricing has helped me increase my revenue to an extent that makes it worthwhile to pay the 1% fee on bookings.

Nachteile: Sometimes their prices on certain days are completely out of whack, wihtout any obvious reason: like having a price in the middle of the winter (super low season) that is higher than prices in the middle of the highest season, and not because there is a major event. After a few days, these tend to adjust themselves but it make checking your prices every day a must, in my opinion. The other thing I’ve complained about it their « events ». Very often there are two of the same and some non-events are considered as events - when prices are increased because of those, it does not make sense.

Inaccurate Pricing cost me Thousands

Bewertet am 31.5.2018
Darren M.

Vorteile: - Easy to use
- Update prices in a click
- Sync with Airbnb
- web based
- Friendly staff
- Global company

Nachteile: - Incorrect pricing on multiple dates e.g. christmas, easter etc
- Customer support friendly, but completely unhelpful. Comparable to the friendly face at the coffee shop, nice but usually gets your order wrong.
I have multiple properties for different clients in which I manage. I started on wheelhouse with 8 properties, to put my 'toe in the water'. I attempted to sync my account with wheelhouse. They had technical errors on their side. It was suggested to me in their words "just keep clicking sync until it works". This took around 5-6 hours of checking in and doing this over 2 days. So now I'm connected, I believe things were going quite well, pricing was updating etc. Fast forward 2 months later, I was getting a large number of bookings over christmas period and new year which seemed out of the ordinary. After researching other properties in the area and comparing to my own portfolio, I came to realise in some cases we were priced at 1/3 of the price of properties in the area which were of an inferior quality. I approached wheelhouse about this issue in which they were friendly but unhelpful. Politely informing me that it is a known issue and that if i would like to lodge a request for a feature to be added I'm welcome to follow the link. I was gobsmacked. Immediately I queried how to de-link my listings, I was provided a link on instructions to do so. I was not made aware that all the pricing would revert. I spent the next 2 hours repricing.

von Wheelhouse an 4.6.2018

Hey Darren! Our sincerest apologies for the difficult experience you had with Wheelhouse. We take these issues very seriously, and we've already reviewed your feedback with our team. We are obsessed with ensuring that all of our customers have an amazing experience with Wheelhouse, and we didn't live up to our own high standards here.

We take a lot of pride in building the world's best pricing algorithm for vacation rental professionals, but also understand that we can always do better. In this case, we are internally reviewing our Christmas 2018 pricing recommendations in Adelaide, and will be pushing some updates to the algorithm as needed over the coming weeks.

If you'd like, we can set aside some time to chat on the phone, and address what else you'd like to see improved with the product. You can also email us directly at hello@usewheelhouse.com to arrange a time to chat.

Wheelhouse Pricing

Bewertet am 8.6.2019
Chris K.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Outstanding looking forward to the future. Makes my life much easier. I can let my prices work and monitor them so I can focus on other tasks. Wheelhouse is clean and easy to use. I love how smooth it is. Everyone is friendly and quick to help. I tried several dynamic pricing tools before I decided that Wheelhouse is the way to go for my business. I own and manage 24 very busy overnight cabin rentals in Gatlinburg, TN. I look forward to growing much faster with the help of Wheelhouse.

Vorteile: Very easy to use and understand...I can update easily from my mobile phone if needed as well...it took me no time to feel confident in allowing Wheelhouse to work for me and my business...staff was friendly and very helpful

Nachteile: I'd love a tape chart within an app. I'm not complaining at all because it is great as is. I look forward to how the company evolves in further optimizing a dynamic pricing tool for its customers. I have felt at easy ever since I signed up. Haven't for one second doubted my decision and I am looking forward to the future.

Top of its class. A+++

Bewertet am 19.1.2018
Sean R.
Property Manager

Vorteile: Its been a great experience using Wheelhouse and working with their team members. The setup process can be overwhelming at first, but once you learn the process its pretty simple. I like that they provide a sort of "setup wizard" to first get you started. When you feel more comfortable with the process you can go straight to the rate settings and advanced features. Truly a "set it and forget it" pricing engine. Lots of options to get the automation just how you want it and to match your pricing strategy (I tend to be conservative to maximize occupancy). The pricing data seems pretty accurate, although there are times when I opt to set custom events. They do not collect a commission on custom events, which I appreciate. Overall the commission they charge is worth the service. Customer service is extremely helpful and quick to respond.

Nachteile: I wish there was an easier way to set custom events across multiple listings. It is too time consuming with the way its currently setup. I think they have achieved a good balance between functionality and ease of use. The interface can be intimidating at first, but its easy to navigate one you have familiarized yourself.

Wheelhouse helps me make more money. They are reliable and have great customer support.

Bewertet am 22.2.2018
Julian C.
Project manager

Kommentare: The software helps me to earn more money with short-term rental rooms. It helps me to figure out the highest realistic price that the market will bear.

Vorteile: The interface is reasonably intuitive. All the features that I need exist. The site is very dependable. Anytime I've had questions, the friendly and knowledgeable support staff has given me quick answers. I love that they give me information about what specific events are happening in my area which may affect pricing.

Nachteile: There are not very many cons. I suppose it would be nice to be able to switch between rental rooms using a drop-down, rather than having to go back to the dashboard each time. Airbnb uses a drop-down. The wheelhouse method requires an extra page load.

Using data to make you to make you a better host

Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Robert O.
Executive Director
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Awesome.

Vorteile: There are two things--the revenue management software does optimize prices through the year, and ths support team a scrappy, hands on, and dedicated to their customer. It has not only made me money, but been a lot of fun playing being a customer.

Nachteile: The company responds to criticism, and over time works on removing things that are not 'likeable' Most recently they fixed the biggest con for me, which was adding functinality on minimum stays. I do not see any major cons at this time.

Great product to help you get the best prices for Airbnb

Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Alistair R.
Boss
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use it as a pretty good guide, it certainly more than covers its cost (which is pretty small). Occasionally - in lower periods, (or when i cant quite hold my nerve) feel they keep prices high too long - and find it quite simple to just override.

Vorteile: It’s pretty simple to understand and use - i prefer to work through the calendar view. Has very simple , intuitive approach to varying prices - which makes for understanding.

Nachteile: It doesn’t link with Booking dot com yet - or only indirectly - which would be the most useful addition for us.

The only reason I wouldn't refer, is because I don't want my local competition to know!

Andrea B.
Principle
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used them for YEARS now. I have loved it.

Vorteile: Wheelhouse more than pays for itself. While I still own responsibility for where my price settings lie, I can toggle settings with a global adjustment to many months in advance in a more efficient way.

Nachteile: A multi-listing calendar on a single page will be a great development, possibly already there and I'm missing it. It's nice to be able to set my settings and walk away for months at a time from the daily grind of price setting.

Easy pricing option to stay competitive and booked!

Alicia J.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Wheelhouse has given us the opportunity to easily stay competitively priced and consistently booked. The ability to set guidelines that work best for our listing helps us still have control over our pricing, but also using the knowledge of the software makes sure we're priced correctly. The customer service is outstanding! They are continually updating and adding new features to be cutting edge.

Vorteile: The easy use of this software is great! The ability to set guidelines that are best for my listing, combined with their pricing algorithms, gives me an edge up on being competitively priced.

Nachteile: The software is being updated regularly and may not yet have all the features of similar products.

Wheelhouse has gotten me more money with less work!

Math Teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall we love Wheelhouse and highly recommend it. It’s accurate in pricing, easy to use and very inexpensive.

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to adjust prices! I also love how Wheelhouse predicts very accurately even 9 months into the future. Airbnb pricing is always asking you to lower your price to absurd levels and I spent way too much time trying to put “special prices” on important future dates...with Wheelhouse I don’t have to add any “special prices” because Wheelhouse has already taken that into account with their pricing.

Nachteile: we have two properties, but we only receive one bill with no breakdown of how much we owe on Property #1 and how much is owed by Property #2. Since we co-own #1, this is a problem and too much work to go back manually and try to figure it out.

A no-brainer to use

Bewertet am 4.3.2018
Chris L.

Vorteile: I basically don't ever have to think about rates, and my property fills up more than expected and often at rates higher than I think I'd otherwise set! I don't know why any VR owner/manager wouldn't use Wheelhouse, especially for the tiny amount it costs. Except I'm glad they don't in my market, because it absolutely gives me a competitive edge!

Nachteile: Not Wheelhouse's fault, but they don't integrate with HomeAway (HomeAway's choice). That limits its usefulness a bit, since HomeAway is the biggest booking channel. However, you only pay the tiny booking fee if a reservation is booked through a supported channel, so I pay a tiny amount to Wheelhouse on my Airbnb and FlipKey bookings and anything that comes through HomeAway doesn't cost me anything.

Pricing to increase income

Larry J.
Realtor
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love that it helps figure out what to charge in the future, I am getting more early bookings. 9 months in advance.

Vorteile: I have learned to use the different discounts the help me have higher occupancy and not having to get involved every day. I really like how I learned to use the last minute discounts to keep my home leased. The seasonal pricing helps me know what is the proper rate to charge. I always strive for the maximum, but since there is competition it knows what they are charging, especially when we have special events in my area.

Nachteile: It took me a while figuring out how to use it.

Wheelhouse helped me make so much more money than I dreamed my homes would book for.

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
William scott H.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I do love that I can set my parameters and watch the pricing tool go to work. Also their customer service is responsive and always easy to work with.

Vorteile: I have 3 homes that the pricing pre Wheelhouse ran $350 to $550 a night. After signing up with wheelhouse I saw these same homes rates now as high at $1,100 a night. Ya, seriously $1100!!! When a 4 night $4400 booking comes in, I still can't believe it.

Nachteile: My only gripe with Wheelhouse is that they can't price out farther than 12 months. Which is a huge issue, as we allow our homes to be reserved more than 18 months out. There are some work arounds you can do to fix the prices out further than 12 months, but it's an issue they need to resolve. Honestly pricing more than 12 months out should be their #1 priority.

Takes the work out of maximizing nightly revenue!

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
John M.
Partner
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Wheelhouse's algorithm takes a ton of things into account, and can work without any input on my part. However, it gives me a ton of control to set custom rates on a nightly basis, and custom seasonality adjustments by month. And the best part is that I only pay for days where Wheelhouse sets the price, not my custom-priced days!

Nachteile: Better custom controls over last minute discounts would be good, but I still have the ability the customize individual nights prices by percent discount, set dollar amount discount, or custom prices.

The best automatic price setting!

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Darleny L.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It's been great! The best about it its that it keeps my airbnb always refreshed, I get to have the right price based on the occupancy and the overall activity of my location and I get all the data about why I'm having this price. Also it keeps track of the performance of your listing and gives you ideas on where to improve and how much real revenue are you getting. It's great!

Vorteile: Helps me get more revenue and keeps my performance on track. Also, it keeps my airbnb updated and always with the best prices of the market!

Nachteile: I would love if they had an app, but beside this, I don't think there's nothing I don't like about it.

I want to continue using you guys!

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Matthew L.
Owner/Operator
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I loved using Wheelhouse. The only reason I am no longer utilizing the service is because I'm going to begin using an online booking system (Lodgify) and Wheelhouse is not an available partner.

Vorteile: I love love love love the interface. It's thoughtful, intuitive and just overall great design. The logo and branding are all spot on and I enjoy the way everything is laid out. The experience overall is 10/10.

Nachteile: The non dismissible syncing overlay could use an overhaul. With 4 listings and more on the way, I found it reallllly slow to update everything across all of them. I think utilizing a method to allow the user to update other pieces of the site while the updating is going on in the background would be a much better experience.

Great Value for the Service

Matthew J.
Internet, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I like that I don't have to think about setting my pricing for my Airbnb. Wheelhouse takes care of everything, but also gives you options for customizing your pricing strategy. I like that flexibility, while also having confidence that I can walk away and let Wheelhouse automate this aspect of my Airbnb business.

Nachteile: The platform takes a little getting used to. The layout is a bit confusing at first, but once you know your way around it's fine. I tend to want to go directly to my Strategy tab on my dashboard first, and it took a little while to get used to knowing where to click when you first sign in. Not a huge deal, just something I personally found cumbersome.

Wheelhouse a turning point in pricing properties

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Vincenzo G.
Owner & Managing Director
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Vorteile: The evaluation of the offer and demand in the local market

Nachteile: There is not enough statistics on performances

Automatic Pricing According to Market Search

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Mafalda N.
Property owner and Msnager
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It functions quite well on the pricing of properties and analyzing the market. We just need to choose our type of profile according the ones proposed.

Vorteile: I became a fan since I don’t have any trouble and spend on the pricing of my properties. It functions properly according to the profile chosen.

Nachteile: I have asked for invoices with VAT number and SFT21 and they are not aware and don’t what is it. They receive money for the service and we cannot debit their commission to our earns. I hope they will solve this situations properly.

Wheelhouse has automated pricing for our airbnb.

Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Elaine E.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We started out on airbnb using their smartpricing, and it was the worst decision ever. Within hours of listing our first property, it was booked for less than 1/3 of what it should have been rented for. The in-house airbnb smart pricing is attrocious especially for high quality/luxury properties. Immediately afterwards we looked for a solution and considered this and the competitor Beyond Pricing and chose this for ease of use. We have friends that say wheelhouse tends to overvalue their budget condos, but that is far better than the alternative.

Vorteile: Extremely easy to use, easy to analyze, and we can plan our pricing far in advance. It's dynamic and rewards us based on the reviews, number of guests that have stayed with us, and gives us great control when we want it.

Nachteile: Recently, wheelhouse made an update where they changed how they calculate the nightly rate - but they didn't notify us about it. All of a sudden our base rate changed significantly overnight and we still don't know what happened. Over chat, the support agent couldn't explain this either.

Makes things SO much easier

Bewertet am 11.1.2018
Director of Strategy

Kommentare: Save time, make more money.

Vorteile: Before Wheelhouse, I would login to Airbnb every Monday to update our pricing. Did we still have days open within the next week or two? Time to offer a discount. Are things picking up now that it's spring? Time to raise prices. Holiday weekend? Oh shoot, someone booked it before I realized and now we've charged way too little. ARGH. Now it's all automatic, and it's fabulous. It saves me time, and I've found that our overall revenue has increased because Wheelhouse will set prices higher than we would, since they're looking at so much more data. It's absolutely worth the tiny fee they charge.

Nachteile: The user interface is still a little clunky, but that's not surprising for a new service. It takes a lot of clicks to get where I need to go. Also, they really need an app. Most of my airbnb management is done from my phone, and if I need to login to the Wheelhouse website to look at something it's a pain.