As an early adopter of Ripple, I have seen many improvements in functionality and features.

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Rachel S.
Assistant Professor of Psychology

Vorteile: My top three features are:
1. Participant database. We keep participant information (securely) and can use various parameters (e.g., age, gender) to determine if an individual is eligible for a study. We also can track our contact with potential participants, as well as which studies they've participated in (and use this as exclusionary/inclusionary criteria for future studies).
2. Study management. Although there is still room for improvement (see below), it is super helpful to be able to create groups (experimental conditions) and track participants within each group. We also use the task function as reminders and records of the specific tasks associated with each session (e.g., preparation, data entry, follow-up, etc.).
3. Recruitment sources and analysis. The recruitment source database is great for maintaining record of all recruitment sources, contact information, and a log of our contact with each source. It has also been useful to see which sources have yielded the best lines for recruitment, so we can put our limited recruitment resources to best use.

Nachteile: There are a few features that I would really like to see:
1. Automated session confirmation and reminders. It would be really helpful if we could send scheduled participants a session confirmation (text or email) and then a reminder a day or two before a session.
2. Calendar function that allows us to automatically push de-identified session information (at the time of scheduling) to a cloud calendar so research assistants can see when they have a scheduled session.
3. Random assignment to study conditions. I would love to see a random assignment function to study conditions/groups.
4. More clarity on study set-up parameters (and how to use them to track number of participants by these parameters). There are loads of options for indicating various demographic parameters for a study. For example, indicating number of boy and girl for each age group. However, it isn't intuitive how these nested parameters are trackable within the study dashboard.

This software has facilitates my ability to keep track of and schedule research participants.

Bewertet am 22.6.2018
Suzy S.
Associate Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience
Hochschulbildung

Kommentare: It has enhanced my lab productivity and enabled us to keep track of participant recruitment in a much more precise way.

Vorteile: It is HIPAA compliant, which makes it relatively easy to work with the IRB to get approval to use. It allows for lots of customization for your study design. It is easy to add and remove study team members with different levels of access. You can send reminders for members of the team to do different tasks associated with participants and study events. You can set up study events based on expected dates or that are triggered based on the completion of other study events. There is a registry (database) that houses all the subjects that you have entered. It is easy to query this database and select potential participants into specific studies.

Nachteile: I would like to see an easier way to input large numbers of potential participants into the registry from a csv file. I would also like to see a more integrated calendar and scheduling system and emailing system.

Customer support is outstanding and responsive to our needs

Lisa R.
Forschung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We love that it is a cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant participant management software. I also find the tasks manager to be useful in organizing the everyday structure of our study. Our lab uses the automatic triggers, which are very useful though they could be programmed to be a bit more flexible in terms of the events that trigger them. We also use the bulk tasks and assigning features often, and they are very helpful and user-friendly.

Nachteile: There are some small usability and aesthetic details that are less-than-ideal (e.g., when typing in descriptions the window does not expand so you can only see small chunks of what you're typing, there is no easy way to get to "My Tasks" without looking through a list of everyone else's tasks, when viewing a participant profile the whole page scrolls together so you either lose your place in the list of participants or on the profile page if you need to scroll, etc.) There is no easy way to see a list of all participants in a study, unless you don't create statuses. Study setup was more difficult for our study where participants complete different components of the study (and different number of assessments) based on which group they are in - however, we have been able to work around this with some creativity and the help of the Ripple team.

Ripple has been an extraordinary help to my team and I in terms of organizing our project.

Human Subjects Research Coordinator
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Kommentare: Ripple has almost eliminated our need to use multiple different spreadsheets, calendars, and databases to keep track of all the components of our study. It's features have made our staff feel much more organized.

Vorteile: I love being able to customize so much within Ripple. Adding custom variables to each participant and creating our own event structure has really helped us keep track of important, unique variables in our study. Additionally, the bulk task feature has been immensely helpful for experienced members of the team as well as newcomers to ensure all responsibilities are completed. These are features that cannot be found elsewhere.

Nachteile: In our research study, the day to day schedule for our team is constantly changing, for both our participants and our staff. Unfortunately, Ripple's calendar feature is not customizable enough for us to rely on.

We use Ripple in my developmental psychology lab for recruiting and managing participants.

Bewertet am 23.6.2018
Shailee W.
Forschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Keeps the whole lab on top of recruiting and running participants through our study. It's a great way to see what tasks are completed, what still needs to be done, and who is doing what.

Nachteile: It is not always the most intuitive to use. Specifically, the interface gets clunky as participants increase. The two-page system (when extra participants roll over onto the next page) is very confusing. I'd prefer to scroll down a single page than click through different pages of the status headings. Furthermore, the calendar would be much more useful if the event were clickable. Then, users would be taken to the page with the participant information when the event is clicked. Adding export functionality would also greatly improve the usefulness of the Ripple calendar.

Using Ripple has been a great way for my entire lab to be organized and efficient.

Bewertet am 28.7.2018
Rachele B.
Lab Manager

Vorteile: We love the flexibility of the program and how easy it can be to create a system that works for our specific needs. The calendar has been a particularly useful tool for us to stay organized and connected as a lab. The same goes for our Tasks tab.

Nachteile: Some of the Dashboard statistics are not very helpful, and information is asked of recruitment sources which is then no utilized in the Dashboard statistics. We would like to be able to exclude pilot participants from our general participant lists, but there is not a function to mark a participant as a pilot participant. We would also like a global place to organize all participants in our lab, regardless of what study they were in. Then we would like to access this global information to see which studies a participant has been in to help us shape future participant recruitment plans. We would also like to see the participant's age in the 1-line summary of participants displayed in enrolled or potential participants tabs. Would love to be able to email right from the system, but I also see why this would not be advantageous in some situations.

Intuitive, easy to use, versatile, and can be changed to work for multiple types of studies.

Merranda M.
Study Coordinator
Hochschulbildung

Kommentare: It makes managing studies so much easier. The friendly format ensures less mistakes happen. I can formulate tasks to appear based on various events. Since there are so many little things that need to get done in the recruitment process, everything is much more streamlined now.

Vorteile: I like that the basic structure is so easy & intuitive, but it also allows for so much user-specific changes that make having multiple studies under one account so easy and efficient. I am a study coordinator, and using one study with ripple and one without, all my RA's prefer using ripple.

Nachteile: For the uses of my study, the updates and good customer service have led me to have no dislikes at the moment.

very good experience with ripple and responsiveness of team in troubleshooting problems

Ketlyne S.
postdoc
Forschung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: having a single streamlined place where we can track participant information and contact in a hipaa-compliant environment. as well as write notes and assign tasks related to participants so team members can pick up easily where the last person left off

Nachteile: downloading data. would like option to not not include PHI (ie, have option to select participant ID only) when we download recruitment and demographic data. as it is now, there is only one download option, and it downloads everything recorded under each case, including PHI.

Amazing customer service. Fantastic platform- so easy to track participants without confusion

Bewertet am 29.6.2018
Vrinda D.
Director of Product Development and Research

Vorteile: Ease of use and thoroughness. It seems like they thought about everything- must have people on the team that actually do research so know what is needed.

Nachteile: Would love an added feature that helps you download participant data into an excel file- we have other platforms for that but would be helpful

von Ripple Science an 29.6.2018

Hi Vrinda, thank you so much for the review! We are glad that you found Ripple comprehensive and easy to use. Regarding the export to excel option, this feature can be found under Site Admin> Export. Here you will be able to download any study participants into an excel file. Thank you!

Ripple has facilitated greater ease, organization, and more effective collaboration in our research.

Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Assistant in Research
Hochschulbildung

Kommentare: Greater ease and efficiency in our research. I love the effective collaboration the software promotes.

Vorteile: The option to create and utilize checklists for every step of the recruitment and study process is so intuitive and helpful--I love the functionality of the software as a whole, but especially the interface.

Nachteile: Site logs users out EXTREMELY fast. I know this is important to ensure privacy and confidentiality of sensitive information, but perhaps a prompt that notifies the user the page is about to log off could be utilized. Also, in order to login to ripple science, you need the direct link to the login page. It's not searchable using google and can't be found through the ripplescience website. A simple google search directs users to the purchasing page, but without the direct link being emailed to me by my study coordinator, it's hard to see how users should navigate to the login page.

I have appreciated the ease and organization of this technology. It has been a pleasure to work with

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Erin J.
R&D Project Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Compared to another platform that we use in our team, I appreciate that everything can coexist in one database with all the studies that we conduct. I love that you can make live changes - it is extremely intuitive and user friendly.

Nachteile: To date, I have not experienced anything that stands out as a major con with the software. Perhaps one of my colleagues may find something, but thus far as a team, we have been pleased. It has made our jobs easier.

Ripple has made keeping track of hundreds of participants for our clinical trial easy and possible!

Cecilia V.
Graduate Student

Vorteile: It is incredibly useful for keeping vast amounts of information about our participants in an easily accessible (but secure) location. This software is specifically designed for studies trying to keep track of many participants and has so many functions specific to that goal.

Nachteile: My only concern with this software is that it logs you off after very few minutes of use. It can be frustrating to log in every ten minutes or so.

I used Ripple to create a registry for research patients.

Rachel F.
Clinical Research Assistant

Vorteile: I loved Ripple's customer service! They were always willing to adapt tools within the software to fit the growing needs of study coordinators and think outside of the box to get us what we needed. The recruitment tools are great to keep track of all of your efforts and budget your time and money efficiently. I had very little experience in setting up a database and coordinating a study when I started this project, but Ripple made it so easy to designate data fields and upload data!

Nachteile: Ripple wasn't necessarily designed to be just a registry which is what our site originally purchased the software for, but Customer Service reps were willing to walk us through step-by-step to figure out how to get the most out of Ripple. We liked it so much we actually ended up managing all of our new studies with this software!

Overwhelmingly positive.

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Daniel elbich E.
Graduate Student

Vorteile: The learning curve to using Ripple isn't very steep. I was able to get a good handle on it within just a few sessions. I also like how is it is fairly easy to customize to specific study needs or parameters.

Nachteile: I would like either an expansion or no limitation on the number of potential studies that Ripple can have ongoing. For larger labs this can become a problem due to different collaborations or study requirements. Also there could be some improvements on some smart adjustments for dates and projected return visits for studies with multiple time points. At present if you have to update event A, events B and C need to be hand adjusted. This can become troublesome for 20 or 30 something contingencies all centered around prior events.

I used Ripple for my dissertation participant recruitment and it was so easy and useful!

Bewertet am 22.6.2018
Giorgia P.
Post-Doctoral Researcher

Vorteile: The interface is very user-friendly and allows you to easily keep track of your project progress. It helped me to really stay on top of my rate of recruitment.

Nachteile: It is more difficult to use when you have many people on a project, but that just takes some organization on the part of the team.

Overall easy to use platform that could be made better with a few adjustments!

Afsara Z.
grad student

Vorteile: The software has a user-friendly interface and I like how we are able to customize how we sort our participants.

Nachteile: I would like to be able to click on participants on the calendar and be directed to their individual file; the current version does not allow this.

Database start-up, database user

Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Laura S.
Clinical Research Manager

Vorteile: I enjoy the ease of use. It has a great interface that is very very intuitive and clean. I also appreciated how well it migrated our data from our previous system.

Nachteile: Haven't found anything to complain about yet. The one time we did find something that did not work well for our team (and there wasn't much) was reported to Savanna, our customer service rep, and changes were made in the software within about 6 weeks.

Great software for managing sensitive information

Natalie M.
Grad student

Vorteile: It is easy to securely login to Ripple from any location and machine, which means users are not restrained to one location in order to be able to access important information. In addition, Ripple's ability to track progress was instrumental in helping multiple research projects in our lab meet critical deadlines.

Nachteile: It is currently difficult to assign more than one ID to an individual (e.g. if they participate in multiple studies within one lab). Adding this feature would help users track the participants that have participated in several studies.