The best way to collaborate over notes

Bill Y.
Vice President
Finanzdienstleistungen

Vorteile: Notejoy makes it very easy to collaborate with teams and stay on top of key documents. I tend to use it as a replacement to Evernote and Google Docs - it's much better for sharing, commenting, and working together than the former and more structured, organized, and powerful than the latter. It's easy to create notes and update them, file and organize them, and invite people in and see their edits, revisions, comments, and suggestions. Even in a large document, Notejoy makes it simple to call a teammate's attention to a specific passage that's most relevant to them, and a sidebar allows for a running conversation across team members. I've largely ditched other note-taking and collaboration software and moved all my workflows over to Notejoy and have enjoyed using it for the past year, and highly recommend it in both professional and personal settings.

Nachteile: There are always more features being rolled out and the team behind the product is quite responsive and attentive. Given I travel frequently and don't always have access to internet, I'm hopeful that Notejoy will be able to accommodate offline access. However, given 90% of my time is in a connected environment, it's not usually an issue.

Perfect for sharing ideas with your team without wasting time in another meeting!

Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Edmond L.
Partner Management Associate
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I get the piece of mind that all my information isn't just on my device in the event of a loss/accident with my personal machine. I also get the real-time feedback/notes/questions from my team. When we're all throwing in on a note or document while in our own workspace at our own pace, it makes getting larger projects complete a much less stressful event.

Vorteile: With Notejoy, we're able to all throw ideas on a page while we're working and not stop everything for a meeting. The collaborative functionality of it is what is really wonderful. We can keep documentation for processes in one place and see when it's updated and by whom. The metrics provided are really a neat touch. Mobile use is much easier than some of the same players in the space. It's also very quick and easy to use in a hurry, unlike another service we used that always seemed laggy and resulted in people just staring at something load during a meeting and breaking the rhythm. Compared to what we were using, it's much more structured and organized. We've moved all our notes and documents over from other platforms to Notejoy.

Nachteile: Notejoy is great and I don't really have any cons to list. With many collaborative tools like this, the hardest part is getting everyone on your team to stick to it and not fall back into old habits. It's not something I need, but I could see some employees needing constant reminders to use/update/reference the notes.

Notejoy is Simple, Yet Worth It

Bewertet am 1.10.2018
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I had issues trying to organize my projects and ideas. Also, I needed something like this,so I won't have to rewrite or copy/paste work notes I have written. This helps me do this with the duplicate option in Notejoy. I don't have to write the same thing that I need copied. I don't have to write by hand the same thing I need copied because the duplicate option does it for me. So cool! Great problem solver.

Vorteile: I love this software. It's so simple to use, but it helps me keep track of my work. I absolutely adore the word counter option that is apart of Notejoy. I haven't seen any other simple note taker like this one have a word counter. I needed this so bad when I write or work on project ideas to share with other team members. This helps me know how many words I must write or continue to write before I send my work off for review. I also like how you can easily add other team members to your note work. I can also easily add other team members to certain folders as well. There is another option I like which is the recent notes section on the left hand side of Notejoy. This reminds me of certain email services where there is a recent folder where your recent work goes inside. When I open a software I like to go right to what I recently worked on. I don't like searching around for my work. There is also another option that I like where I can keep my own personal note documentation on private. There is stuff I am working on individually. I need that area to work on my ideas before I send them out or get someone else I know to review it. Finally, I also like the duplicate note section. This is such an awesome button. When I finish my notes I can click that button and it pulls up the same exact notes I was just working on! This is really cool! A note-takers dream!

Nachteile: I don't like how there aren't many other colors or font colors you could use. I mean I would love to see hundreds of colors or an area where you can make your own color. Also, it would be nice to have themes or a theme list.

Great note taking software

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Data Analytics Professional
Unternehmensberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Notejoy is backed by a great founding team that has built several global products. Their support is unparalleled. The founders read every suggestion and are always responsive to ideas. The tool continues to delight - I have used it to collaborate with my team in documenting product requirement documents which the developer team, as well as account teams, consume to give me feedback and collaborate.

Vorteile: Notejoy is my direct replacement for Evernote. It allows the ability to store notes of importance in neatly organized folders thus allowing me to club notes in a logical order. It also allows the ability to give folder-wise access to users. This ensures that only the right people are reading the documents. The ability to comment real-time and give alerts on who viewed / edited a document bring in a lot of transparency and auditability. I also really like the search feature. I have seen the product evolve and continually add new features.

Nachteile: The tool does not yet have tables. That is an essential element that Quip seems to already have. Also, the ability to import documents from Evernote is important (their feature requests page seems to show that it is in the works)

The Joy of Notejoy

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Doctoral Faculty Advisor
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience with Notejoy really is turning out to be a “joyful” experience. I was a long-time, heavy Evernote user, but its bloat and expense finally became too much for me. So far, Notejoy seems just right—and I am enjoying it more than other alternatives.

Vorteile: Notejoy is relatively new, but it seems like a winner, with very responsive customer support, a willingness to integrate customer feedback and suggested features into their product cycle, and an already very capable cloud-based notes application, down the same road as Evernote, OneNote, and others. It offers a little more structure and organization than some of its competitors, which can be especially attractive if you are new to this market and haven’t yet determined your best use case.

Nachteile: There are happy little quirks in Notejoy that make it unlike other software in this market, but your mileage may vary along with your level of delight for some of its features. For example, as of its current version, you can drag and drop files into the app—but they have to go inside a “note.” These kinds of choices aren’t necessarily bad—I’ve come to think of these note titles as I might a kind of “file folder” in another context—but they can be surprising and, at first, a tad maddening.

Facilitates effective information management & team collaboration

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Leonard C.
Independent Consultant
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love using NoteJoy. Not only is the platform really good right now, the development team continues to refine and improve the platform with excellent customer communication.

Vorteile: NoteJoy is an easy-to-use but powerfully-featured platform for documenting, recording, saving, sharing, creating, and editing content for individual operators and for teams. NoteJoy started off as a nice platform for creating "libraries" of notes, with each note being a document of text, links, images, videos and MP3 audio. The team has been releasing enhancements in a steady and consistent basis. They added a content clipper (via browser extension), tagging, and archiving as powerful and necessary additions. Right from the start, the platform has been "simple and interactive" by design. The interface is uncluttered. Text formatting is good without getting bogged down with features that are nice but not necessary. Best of all, a chat log is part of every document and that feature has been there from the start. This way, not only can teammates collaboratively edit documents either in real-time or in delayed fashion, they can also have a discussion about the document or matter at hand that is (a) separate from the document content itself, (b) enables user tagging to notify others when they should check in, and (c) comments can be linked to specific portions of the document.

Nachteile: Notes don't yet handle insertions/embeds from presentation platforms (like Beautiful.ai, Slidebean or Ludus) very well - the only workaround is to insert them as video links, and that doesn't work perfectly. A few minor quibbles about the chat function: - "likes" and engagement responses to comments or even to individual notes themselves are not very prominent
- nested comments within a discussion only go one level deep

Pretty good for managing my large family's various information sharing needs... when they use it.

Bewertet am 20.5.2018
Solomon M.
Homemaker

Vorteile: I like that it works with Mac and PC, phones, tablets, and laptops; pretty much every device we use can access Notejoy. In theory this should make it easy for my family members to centralize important data (household repairs, grocery lists, important phone numbers, documentation for the January car accident, etc).

Nachteile: I'll start by saying that I'm not your typical user my application is for a large family, not a business. You will probably have less resistance to learning a new tool than I have faced. That said, it's yet another thing to learn, and learning is hard. My people just aren't using it - they'll come up and ask me for information that I've already spent time entering into Notejoy, and when I tell them where they can find the information, they complain that they don't know how to use it. We are not talking about small children here, but a 60-year old elder and a 20-year old college student, who are both otherwise on their devices a lot. I don't know why they won't use it. I've also had some extremely frustrating moments trying to put images into a document without anything working or even acknowledging that there's a problem. (Both my iPhone and 2017 MacBook Air failed to insert the images).

It is simply awesome! Find it very useful!

Bewertet am 17.5.2018
Madhumita M.
Staff Technical Program Manager, Data Platforms, Small Business & Self Employed Group
Computer-Software

Kommentare: Part of Engineering team - Engineering Productivity, collaboration, getting stuff done and quick alignment across cross-functional teams. This tool needs more evangelism and may be good to be introduced at enterprise level. Can be partnered with other enterprise tools available like Aha, Jira etc. Once it is introduced I am sure people will stick to it. I feel another great use-case is analysts and data scientists work on sharing their analysis work. So, integrating this tool with Jupyter notebook, slack etc from engineering use-case would help. Also other visual analytics tools out there ... may be tableau... basically sharing an analysis and getting alignment quickly.

Vorteile: The ease of use, collaboration , annotation, search, team-space and tracking features are great. Adding table feature would have been useful.

Nachteile: I am unable to influence folks to adopt this though there is lots of advantages but it does not motivate folks enough to adopt. May be more awareness and evangelism will help. Last time I had tried I was very close to starting the use at LinkedIn however we got stuck at Penn test for security team.

Replaced Evernote and Google Docs For Me

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Loren A.
Cofounder & COO
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Group note taking and the ability to keep track of our important ideas all in one place.

Vorteile: Absolutely love the fact that we can now organize all of the notes across our team, have it sync'd, and let everyone collaboratively work on a document at the same time. It's less cumbersome than Google Docs (although we do add GDoc links to Notejoy still) and more team-friendly / collaborative than Evernote. The concept of "group notes" is so obvious but only until we started using NoteJoy did we realize it was an issue with all of us taking separate notes (duplicate notes) in separate locations. Now we can keep it all in one place.

Nachteile: Like all new software, it takes a bit of time to convince your coworkers to switch over from another platform. Once you do, though, it makes keeping track of all project related tasks and documents much simpler. Would love an offline mode too, but I think that's coming soon.

Note Joy - Portable Notebook

Bewertet am 20.9.2018
Feramy jezreel J.
Social Media Manager
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I am impressed with notejoy's performance and it's built-in functions. It helps me in safekeeping of my notes and also it help me communicate with my clients with ease.

Vorteile: What I like most about Note Joy is its portability. With its features you can bring your notes anywhere and access it throughout your devices. Also, it is easy to collaborate with your team when you are doing a project. It gives you freedom to take down notes and don't have to worry if it will be lost.

Nachteile: The least I liked about Note Joy is that it has less functions. Like I can't draw in the notes.

Notejoy has been incredibly helpful for our company's organization and accessing information.

Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Jeremy K.
Operations Manager

Vorteile: The search functionality is what I like most about Notejoy. We've created a repository of important company information and it's amazing how easy it is to find with a quick search. Previously, with everything just in google drive, it was a nightmare to find anything. The transparency of information that this has afforded our company is really great!

Nachteile: We don't use the comments too often. I feel like there is room to make that even better integrated with the sharing of content and that could take the product to the next level. But otherwise, no specific complaints.

A tool that makes teamwork feel easy.

Bewertet am 26.7.2018
Research Consultant
Unternehmensberatung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Team Alignment, Productivity

Vorteile: This is such an amazing collaborative tool. We have started to use this to document our internal processes, training materials, daily updates, and meeting notes all in one app. Notejoy is kind of like Evernote, but with add-ons to facilitate collaboration. It has note-taking/sharing abilities with real-time editing like with google docs. This has enabled us to cut a lot of communication overhead within the team. Notes can be neatly organized in folders and the tool has great access control features enabling access to only authorized team members. I also use this for a lot of my personal notes. The tool also integrates well with Trello which makes it possible to track detailed project requirements, so Notejoy helps Trello look good!

Nachteile: The software does not support the addition of tables just yet, but I do know it is on their roadmap. It's an evolving product, but really fast and their team is super responsive. I am hopeful they will be addressing this very soon!

cool, but not sure about the business use case

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Al C.
Senior Software Engineer

Vorteile: It's a very capable WYSIWYG team note taking app, rivaling yet still staying well clear of being a full-fledged word processor by providing only two HTML heading styles and no typeface/font choices -- in many ways a good thing, because excessive formatting capabilities can get in the way of doing the actual work of writing things down.

Nachteile: It doesn't give ANY control over typeface or default font, though you can use the zoom capabilities on the view menu of the desktop app or of your browser to change the size of the display. Also, it's hard to understand where this app fits into the business world, especially because it allows embedding of Google and Microsoft documents -- if you have those things already (especially Office 365 in the case of Microsoft), would you really turn to an external app when Google Docs (and Sheets and Slides, etc.) are already part of your world? Unlike an online whiteboard app, for instance, a passable (if somewhat pale) substitute for Notejoy already exists in your office software suite. I'm currently using it with friends whom I no longer work with, so Google Docs is less of an obvious option, and in this case Notejoy truly provides a capability that makes more sense than what we already had easily available, because it's a single location rather than having to share individual Google docs from personal accounts to a random (from Google's point of view) group of Gmail users.

Meanly nothing to say, Notejoy is a great tool for my productivity!

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Luka B.
CTO

Kommentare: A lot of productivity, I repeat my self but so true!

Vorteile: Instantaneity! Everything is smooth!
We can collaborate very easily, and see each other's changes in an instant.
Checkboxes, images, text formatting everything's here! :-)

Nachteile: Minor bugs at reconnection when I lost internet, and I'm waiting for my Linux client! Ahah ;-)
Not a thing I like least, perhaps more a suggestion: should be really, really great to have an history of changes, like maybe the date a checkbox was filled!

von Monki Labs an 16.5.2018

Hi Luka, thanks for your review of Notejoy and glad to hear you're liking it! Just wanted to let you know that we've recently introduced note history so you can see history of changes like your request. It's available in Notejoy's premium plans.

Really clean design! Zero learning curve.

Justin S.
Director of Brand Development

Kommentare: Although there are a significant number of apps occupying roughly the same space, Notejoy is probably the easiest to use with the least amount of learning curve. It is also very fast, reliable, and cleanly designed. I have not used Notejoy as much as I thought I would and have actually chosen a competing product for regular use. That said, I would not hesitate to recommend Notejoy. It is definitely toward the top of the list for these content collaboration and knowledge creation style tools.

Vorteile: Very clean design makes it easy to use and intuitive to navigate. It makes a for a pretty slick knowledge base. Collaboration features are top notch and it is very easy to communicate. The easily accessible separate team and personal libraries are a great feature. It is very easy to attach documents from other systems (MS, Google, etc.)

Nachteile: There are dozens of worthy competitors in this space and some others fit better for me. Difficult to say that Notejoy provides something unique or better when compared to similar apps (Quip, Dropbox Paper, Box Notes, Coda, Notion, Zenkit, Slite, Stiki, Google Docs.)There is no native Android app.

Less complexity = More Productivity

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Ed F.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Works perfect for what I need it for. Would really like to see a more expanded version that would allow me to inexpensive space to post videos and have group chats when needed.

Vorteile: I get confused and have to think too much with programs like Slack. I'm sure the way a to of people think Slack is great but frankly I think it's confusing and causes me to think too hard every time I attempt to use it. This is where NoteJoy is different. I use it for my client Vision statements. Before I used Google word processor and it was confusing for people who didn't have a Google account and then it was confusing how to use it. Notejoy takes literally seconds to use. My clients love it. I love how simple it is to use.

Nachteile: One thing I would like to see improved is give me the ability to post something that anyone I want can see but that is all. I think it has to do with the feature set I bought originally though AppSumo so it may be available for monthly paying customers not sure.

I've been overall happy with my experience with Notejoy. It has served the purpose but can offer mor

Bewertet am 17.5.2018
Anju S.
Product manager
Informationsdienst, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: helped me get more organized, saved time and kept the entire team updated.

Vorteile: Very easy and intuitive and an agile UI. And it is very close to what I want - One size fits all. It has been designed to accommodate all kind of industry needs.

Nachteile: Not an outstanding tool that is different from other free/paid tool available in the market. Requires a strong commitment from the team to adopt the tool. can't be integrated with some apps used frequently by users.

I have been using Notejoy for past couple of months and love it!!!

Co-founder

Kommentare: 1. A single utility to manage notes in rich markdown text across multiple machines.
2. Easy to use and saves time.
Point 2 is something a must have feature for me.

Vorteile: All the right features. I wanted a cloud based note application which supported Markdown along with support of Markdown tables. And Notejoy meets all of that. The other great thing about Notejoy is the rich text editor. Although I have used Notejoy only on Windows, I believe since the client is based on Electron I guess it would also be supported on Mac & Linux. All in all I can say its a great application. Provides me an easy way to sync rich text documents across multiple machine. Kudos to the product management team and the developers coming out with such an application. Its pure joy to use Notejoy!!! I would definitely recommend everyone to give it a try.

Nachteile: I really did not find anything bad about the Notejoy, hence nothing to write about any cons over here.

Great app for note taking

Bewertet am 15.5.2018
Alfredo S.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Vermögensverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For me it was a change for good from other note taking apps such as google Keep or evernote. Also it's built on the purpose of sharing. Although I use it on a more personal note, i love that it is way faster than evernote, and also that the tech support team is always there. I wrote about a new functionality (being able to create tables) and the CEO answered me! not only that, but they told me about their roadmap and releases, which for me was very helpful.

Vorteile: I like that it's easy to take notes, organize your files. It's a faster version of Evernote, and a lot snappier. I enjoy most of it's functions, specially that you can copy paste almost any kind of file. It's also very fast compared to other note taking apps

Nachteile: If you're offline, it won't work. I don't know if it's a bug or if it's something they plan on resolving, but it's as annoying as google docs when you're offline. Sometimes I want to check my notes while on the plane or simply right something while being offline, with Notejoy you can't do that yet.

Intuitive note taking tool for everyday use

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Elly B.
Technical Support Representative
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fast and easy to use. Little to no learning curve so it benefits a huge team when implemented in a company or division.

Vorteile: I like Notejoy's user interface, easy to use and very intuitive. I can check all of my notes at one glance and is my go-to tool for my day to day activities.

Nachteile: Maybe I suggest they get a mobile application in partnership with their browser-based tool. It would be nice to write notes on the go and sync with the cloud.

Collaborating Made Easy

Bewertet am 21.4.2019
Christian D.
Analyst - Portfolio Management Group
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Allows our whole team to collaborate on projects despite being in different parts of the country and on different schedules. Can often be difficult for us to coordinate meeting times, so we use Notejoy to share important updates along our project team. Really great resource to use instead of Evernote or Google Docs even. Love the mobile compatibility as well.

Nachteile: Gets slightly pricey as a software as you look to build out across the company. Currently have Notejoy centralized with just our team at the present.

Notejoy is very helpful in my daily work.

Bewertet am 18.5.2018
Ashley H.
Director of Marketing and Operations
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The organization of notebooks and ability to share and access documents with my team is very useful. It makes it easy to create and share templates for emails and other documents.

Nachteile: I occasionally have an issue when copy/pasting a document. The formatting (spacing, bullets, etc) does not always carry over properly.

Our team use notejoy to share all our notes and it's been great!

Bewertet am 15.5.2018
Jennifer T.
Realtor

Vorteile: We love that we can access the notes anywhere and every time someone makes an edit, the whole team will get the edit version.

Nachteile: Not sure if there is an APP for it but right now I have to login the website to access the notes. Would be nice if there is an app where I can access on the mobile phone.

Great, I've slowly migrated from Evernote to Notejoy

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Senior Product Manager
Internet

Vorteile: Great UI with lots of instant gratifications that offer user delight. The sharing functionality is much more intuitive than Evernote.

Nachteile: Not having a desktop native app makes me still rely on Evernote for certain documents because of the ease of access. I'd also like to see collaborative interactions with the doc a bit more surfaced (e.g. who's viewing this doc, comments on specific lines in the doc, currently, it's hidden behind icons)

One of my most important tools right from the start

Bewertet am 5.9.2018
Matthias S.
Ownership
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With an included chat function I often communicate with my team members. Many use cases I formerly did with Google Docs now I am doing with Notejoy. In my case I bought the encrypted version of Notejoy. So no one knows what I am working on... ;-)

Vorteile: NoteJoy is the perfect solution for you, when you want all your ideas, knowledge, your PDFs and so on in one place. You can cooperate with, in my case, up to ten people that also have potentially all possibilities (writing, storing, editing, deleting, viewing) and, as much as I know, unlimited people which can view what you want to share.

Nachteile: I do not see cons with this software. Maybe one: On one day a document on which I was working was not saved automatically. But not out of the blue: There was an error message which I totally ignored...