The software is very easy to use & for first time user it is fairly simple to get started quickly.

Bewertet am 6.4.2018
User Experience Researcher
Öl & Energie

Kommentare: Easy to create application screens & very simple to create prototype.

Vorteile: 1) Simple to create screens & adding interactions from one screen to other is very easy. 2) Enough UI Elements library to create wireframes & clickable prototypes.

Nachteile: 1) Horizontal tab navigation for screens: As the application has horizontal tab navigation for screens, it is very difficult to see all the screen as there is limited space, also adding more screen increases the scroll which slows the working speed by increasing the time to find the screen to work upon. Also, the application always crashes when there are many screens added to to horizontal tab. I would suggest to have vertical left navigation for screens, as available in other prototyping tools such as Axure.
2) Old set of tablet & phone devices for screens: because old iPhone & tablet shells the prototype looks ugly, to avoid that we have to we have insert a image of new nice looking iPhone shell in our prototype manually & inside that we put UI Elements.
3)Not having support to see it on mobile devices with actual size: we can not show the mockup to our stakeholders on actual iPhone like a native application, every time we have to open it in browser window. I would suggest to add a full screen support on mobile devices without browser window.
4) Download as app feature missing: Many times we need to test our mockup on actual devices but there is no facility to download it as an app, I would suggest to add this feature, this feature is already present in other applications like Invision app wherein the mockup can be viewed as an app on tapping the mockup icon on mobile phones.

I have been using Indigo Studio for more than 4 years as my main prototyping tool

Shahar B.
UX Lead

Kommentare: Although Indigo has many features and abilities which allow you to create advanced and complex prototypes, the prototyping model is very flexible so you don't need to focus your attention on the tool itself.
You can invest all your efforts in creating the prototype you wish to test or deliver and easily change it according to the users need.
You don't need to invest your resources in planning HOW to do it.
Just Do It

Vorteile: Indigo supports the design process much better than the competitors such as Axure and Sketch.
It's very easy to learn and to use, so I use it For the thinking and sketching phase, sometimes instead of pen and paper.
And on the other hand, it has very advanced features which allow me to create advanced interactive animated prototypes.
Recently they add structured ability to create usability study and I use it a lot.
It seems that Indigo team work hard to improve it on a regular basis.

Nachteile: It requires relatively large memory resources
Although you can use google fonts, there is no way to import your own font

I use it to design and prototype business web applications for European Institutions.

Frederic V.
IT Senior Consultant

Kommentare: Good reputation from peers
Easier communication with customers
recognized as UX professional

Vorteile: Very fast designing process including the magic ALT-click.
The concept of State for screens and the associated navigation pane
The animation timeline that is intuitive and easy to use.
Regular updates that brings new stuffs based on user requests. I really appreciate this approach that most companies don't put in practice.
The Sharing functionality that is easy to use and allow us to show and collect feedback of users.
In the last versions, the integration of Google Fonts
The screenparts that help us to go faster by reusing parts including animations and states
Lat but not least, the user support is one of the best I had. Thanks again to these guys!

Nachteile: It's still tricky to use it behind our company firewall. Seems to be fixed in the lasts versions but still unstable. e.g. it lost the sign in quite often. The pricing policy is quite expensive so we limit our number of licences.

I use Indigo every day, and while there are frustrating bugs sometimes, it's still the best solution

Joe C.
Software Architect

Vorteile: I love how I can easily add UI elements to the page and how it gives me a tool to tell my developers exactly how I want a page to be laid out. Also, screen parts are very useful and save me a ton of time when designing storyboards.

Nachteile: I hate the fact that table cells aren't containers, so if I want to put a button in there, it's just an overlay that doesn't follow the table. Also, there's no really good way to several enter notes about particular UI elements. I can add callouts and notes, but that gets very unwieldy after 7 or so notes.

Easy to learn and use. Has some great features that allows collaboration and usability testing.

Sagit S.
UX Designer

Vorteile: I love the fact that we can make it so realistic it looks and behaves like the real tool and allows us to test. The creation of a URL we can share with the teams and update is great too.
The animations are great! Very easy for the UX team to show the Dev team what we need.
Customer support is awesome!! Here is a company that really listens to users and develops features we really need and use.

Nachteile: I would like and enhances ability to control fonts (add my own) and also control the look of scroll bars.

Overall, I have enjoyed using Indigo to create various prototypes and taught it to my coworkers.

Roman C.
Asst Lab Supervisor

Kommentare: I got to use this program for one of my IT classes in which we had to develop an app prototype to solve or remedy a social program. Aside from this, I have taught the basics of this class (elements, interactions, animations, etc) to several coworkers at my job at Rutgers University.

Vorteile: I really like the base version of the software because it is free and has enough features to be relevant and make a good prototype. I like how there is a free version and the chance to get an academic license because students really enjoy using the software to make prototypes and express their ideas. I enjoy the elements provided, features and the options for viewports. The prototype can be as advanced or as simple as the person wants it to be. I like the ability to save my projects directly to my personal workspace which makes it easy to work on the go.

Nachteile: The program can be pretty confusing to use if you overlook the tutorials and video that are presented to you from Infragistics. I personally teach a course on App Design Prototype and I use Indigo to do so. I present a demonstration in the class and show the students where everything is and how things work. The students really enjoy the demo and it helps them understand the software.
I think that the Indigo Essentials version should still let you share your prototypes with people via links! Is there a way to delete projects I have saved to my personal workspace?

Indigo studio is a great replacement to wireframing and protoptyping tools like Axure and Balsamiq

Bewertet am 2.4.2018
Lead User Experience Designer
Computer-Vernetzung

Vorteile: Ability to create interactive prototypes with animations quickly and also ability to sync with Sketch to reuse artifacts . Usability testing is something which starting to get used in our workflow.

Nachteile: Restrictions on Fonts and Libraries pushes me to use Sketch more often and since Sketch is catching up on prototyping ...value of using Indigostudio is getting low because of these limitations

There isn't any prototyping tool with this kind of animation capabilities. The best for the money.

Pavol D.
UX Designer

Vorteile: There is a lot of intuitive features for interactive prototyping, usability testing, and collaboration. You can copy/paste your designs from Sketch and animate your interactions in any possible way.

Nachteile: Occasional bugs and slow performance on larger projects, probably because of MS Silverlight. There should be more features (like in Sketch) for high-fidelity design and typography.
I still think its the best solution for the money. kind of animation capabilities, there is only Axure RP, which is expensive and way less intuitive.

Best tool on the market

Michael S.
Software architect

Vorteile: We looked at all the wireframing tool on the market, and none have the features that Indigo Studio has. The ability to be able to deploy wireframes as a site is invaluable to our proposal process.

Nachteile: There are a few small lingering bugs, but nothing so bad as to stop us from using the product. This mostly has to do with text entered in wireframes.

Easy to get started with a good array of tools

Owner/Sr. Software Developer

Kommentare: It helps me easily create attractive prototypes to present to management and our product design team.

Vorteile: As a software engineer who works on legacy software with an unfriendly UI I thought "I'll bet I can come up with something better." Indigo Studio makes it easy to develop a prototype of a better way that I can present to management and our product designers. I really like that I can easily create not just static mockups, but functional prototypes. And from an engineering perspective, it's nice that there's no code involved so management can't say "It looks great. Ship it!" It really is just a prototype.

Nachteile: I wish the included tools were a bit more customizable. For instance, backgrounds can only be one color, not a gradient. Also, the chart control only allows you to set the type of chart but nothing more about it, though that can be explained away as "it's just to show a chart goes here." Finally, it would be nice if the code snippets panel was editable to allow for even more customization.

Its a wonderful prototyping tool. Easy to do lo to hi fedility mockups

Mohan T.
Sr. UX Architect
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use , the kind of interactions I can showcase and most importantly secure url sharing with clients.

Nachteile: Missing gradients, option to switch off changes to child states incase of changes required in parent and improve no of things you can define in central styles

Indigo Studio is remarkable software as it allows you the opportunity to prototype an app seamlessly

Bewertet am 1.4.2018
Jeremy B.
Direct Support Specialist
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My team and I were able to demo an idea that we needed to illustrate to a panel of judges for an IT project in my college. This software helped my team win an award in an end of the semester competition that we had with plenty of other groups. The judges enjoyed using our prototype and it helped provide an interesting outlook on how our idea would function if it were actually made into an application. So thank you to all who helped develop it, especially on behalf of my group!

Vorteile: What I like most about the software is that it saves massive amounts of time when it comes to showcasing a product because you can share your vision with others without actually having it created through extraneous amounts of coding. It's a very cost-efficient option that comes with amazing depth and variety. The interface is also very user friendly and simple to use. Indigo's quality is top notch, as it can provide prototypes that already look like finished products. It is a go to for any developer seeking to extend their unfinished vision in an illustrative way.

Nachteile: What I like least about the software is simply that it can be sometimes difficult to understand how to locate and use everything properly. But, thankfully the tutorials and customer service easily clears up a lot of the confusion if utilized.

Perfect for what we needed it for, but incredibly frustrating when it wasn't playing along

Scott M.
Student

Kommentare: Using this program for class made prototyping highly streamlined, and allowed us to jump directly into building something without having too much to worry about learning toolsets. Sharing files made collaboration relatively easy.

Vorteile: I like how it allows you to re-use work that you've already done, instead of having to rebuild menus that would normally be re-used throughout anyway.

Nachteile: Often times, it's difficult to see when something has gone wrong, and fixing something that has gone wrong - Once you have a number of layers going together, on top of one another, and something isn't working the correct way, it's almost impossible to get looking the way you want it to without rebuilding the entire scene. And if something is going wrong in a bit that you're re-using across the entire app, that behavior may not be consistent throughout the build.

We use Indigo Studio and it alows use to create richly designed mockups. Easy to use & great support

Jordy H.
Full stack Developer
Personalwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helps us to communicate our mockups more clearly to our target audience.

Vorteile: Easy to use and contains a lot of functionality and elements to create and test our mockups. It also great support platform if we run into problems.

Nachteile: I would like to see that the elements to be used in the software are more and faster up-to-date to current standards. For example there are a lot of icons, but no Google Material Design icons. Also Material design screenparts would be nice.

Great software if you can get over the limitations

Steve B.
Lead UX Engine

Vorteile: Easy to get started, several pages of advice on the Internet web you get stuck. Premade components help speed up the design process.

Nachteile: You cannot expand the pallet to the left in a transition. You cannot change the scroll bars from the default ones which are hard to use and difficult for people with accessibility issues to grasp (literally speaking).

I used Indigo Design Studio for an IT project to create an app prototype for a Big Data "company".

Certified Pharmacy Technician
Pharmazeutika

Kommentare: -Was able to significantly impact our project for the better and make it come to life with the prototype design

Vorteile: I liked how it was easy to use and the interface was very simple. It integrated common features of an iPhone and was easy to use for other people when interacting with our prototype for the first time. Indigo Design helped our prototype to appear professional and realistic and really helped our project to come to life. The ease of use with integrating outside images was also extremely helpful to our design strategies.

Nachteile: There's no option for a cloud based sharing component of Indigo. We were working as a team so it would have been easier if two people could collaborate on the design at one time. It was a bit hard to overcome that obstacle but overall we were able to make it work.

Fast and easy to learn. Indigo Studio is a tool for beginners and advanced users alike.

Stanley C.
Student Full Time

Kommentare: I understood how to prototype design without using any programming language. This is very important in the field of technology because not everything is about coding. Design for the user experience is a heavy part that the modern world seems to be dropping the ball on. I believe indigo will allow my ideas to grow.

Vorteile: The thing I love most about Indigo Studio is the interactive ability to click and select any type of icons/widgets/buttons without going into detailed tools selection. Some other programs that have prototype design require the designer to learn different snips of code, whereas Indigo allows anyone to just pick up the software and use it.

Nachteile: I wish the software had more features. There is already a lot of things indigo can do, however, if I wanted more specifics, such as a dynamic flowing interface that changed different buttons and widgets based on swipe, Indigo does not have a tool for that. Indigo does have all the basics for buttons and features for different prototypes, but I feel this can grow with time.

Good collaboration tool but too web oriented

Geoffrey S.

Vorteile: The collaboration aspects are good and that is important. The interface is good to use and the URL access clean and efficient.

Nachteile: Not suitable for WinForm or WPF and this is disappointing. Also, no ability to build a tool box of re-usable controls. It is all cut/paste/edit. The other big negative is that we cannot populate drop choices. There is no way to integrate small data bound lists. The girds would be awesome were we able to use simple SQL queries to load because otherwise, it is extremely tedious to load data. It doesn't have to be interactive, just have some way for us to load the data.

Simple, easy to use and gest the job done

Bewertet am 2.4.2018
Jenny C.
Lab Consultant

Kommentare: Being able to create professional-looking works

Vorteile: I like its versatility and ease of use the most. Even as a complete beginner, when I first the product, it was very accessible and provided many options that helped me polish my work to make it look professional.

Nachteile: I can't quite think of any cons at the moment. I do wish some there was some sort of way that could make transitioning easier to maneuver

I use it to design mockup wireframe for Mobile Apps, I used to it since it was version 1

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Chuladid jul S.
General Manager

Vorteile: Easy to use, Easy to understand, Cover most of iOS App Design. I use it as a quick sketch tools to give me an idea about how is my app interact with the user, better to communicate with my team and my client by focus on functionalities

Nachteile: the performance on Mac is not so good. Sometime when the project has many page the app almost stop, loading for a long time, sometime it crash. and it's not up to date for App Design with ios 11 and no new iOS - Android component

easy to use, versatile, efficient

Sarah F.
PhD Student

Kommentare: Quick prototyping & testing

Vorteile: I really appreciate that I can put together a semi-functional screen quickly to communicate my ideas with others

Nachteile: Limited functionality - there's some things that I wish I was able to do and get frustrated when I can't

I have used indigo studio for my project, i was able to create a fully functional prototype in hours

Ajith R.
Student

Vorteile: The interface is neat and simple tp use.
Various customization options are available.
It was easy for me to understand the first time i opened Indigo studio. It was pretty easy to navigate around.
I was able to create my prototype in less than 5 hours. I was able to correct the design and other functionality with the help of this prototype, such as animation, Transitions and editable contents.
i was able to receive feed back from my faculty members and i was able to change to UI instantly.
I was able to present the entire product which was actually equal to the final product.

Nachteile: Sometimes there is a lag while constructing huge prototype.
Paid version are quite expensive wish they were a bit more cheaper.

Provide some key features like usability testing which is missing in lot of projects

Pankaj B.
User Experience Designer
Öl & Energie

Kommentare: -Make High fidelity wireframes quickly and present it to stakeholders.
- Reusable components and sharing is easy

Vorteile: - Easy to Use
- Key features like designing for different break points, Usability Testing, export screens as PNG , Downloading as HTML

Nachteile: Crashes very frequently
Customization of components like textbox, dropdown is not possible.
Software becomes slow once the files get heavy

I have worked in Balsamiq and made the switch to Indigo and LOVE the enhanced features.

Brenda A.
Business Implementation Consultant
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Ease of use. Extremely ease to design and setup interactions. Testing is a breeze!

Vorteile: The ability to bring Balsamiq work into Indigo is a huge plus. Also the ability to have features and animation abilities that are very easy to configure. The training videos are a GREAT!

Nachteile: The only downside is I found it difficult to copy an element without making a screen part. Could be my lack of experience.

Great program for non-technical managers. Display a fully functioning softw w/ no coding necessary

Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Luke P.
Co-Founder

Vorteile: Lets me focus on creative and UI more than anything else. This is extremely important as recruiting mentors and team members relied heavily on demonstrating
this UI even though none of our co-founders have any coding experience.

Nachteile: Could be more productive. e.g. using a new image on a screen erases all buttons, would be nice to make improvements such as that easier