AN EMR DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THAT DOES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PRACTICE.

Bewertet am 16.12.2016
Deborah D.
CEO, Owner
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using the ICANotes program for 4 yrs. The customer service has been exceptional and courteous. They offer webinars and training for all aspects of the program and include tutorials on their website which is great when hiring new staff. ICANotes has assisted us with issues and accommodated our needs when modifications/adjustments were requested to suit our practice needs. The team at ICANotes has responded and implemented several options we suggested to improve our service delivery to clients. In addition, ICANotes has added many features to the program to meet the growing demands in the field of behavioral health.
I love the fact this EMR was created by Dr. Richard Morgenstern, a psychiatrist. This program was specifically designed for behavioral health and not a modified version or altered from a medical model template. It is also a plus that one of the offices of ICANotes is within 30 min from our agency. Their staff was available to visit us and provide support when we opened in 2012. I have seen this company grow rapidly in 4yrs. since using this program which as benefited us in our growth as well. I gave ICANotes for every category primarily because it is well deserved for their hard work in keeping up with integration and the ever changing guidelines with coding, billing, and documentation etc., in behavioral health, which has made my life so much easier with running my business.
However, the I gave for the value of money is a double edged sword.....And in no way do I want this to reflect as a negative connotation to the program. The rating is not entirely due to the cost of ICANotes program but also includes regulation guidelines set forth by many Insurance providers. The reimbursement rates set by insurance providers are not increasing at a rate they should be to providing services in behavioral health field. An increase in rates would tremendously help offset the additional costs accrued for agency's to remain in compliance with state, federal and local regulations thus, allowing agencies to add additional features that could really benefit service delivery.
**Just an idea.......maybe to see some type of incentive programs offered to exist ICANotes customers who are growing and continue to add clinicians and features to their ICANotes program. That would be great.
All in all, this is a phenomenal program, and I would highly recommend it to all behavioral health clinicians and practices.

Vorteile: The program does everything we need. All tasks can be completed with the features encompassed in the program.

Nachteile: Minor issues......
1- I find the appointment book is extremely slow. I was told it would improve several months back but, the staff reports this most often and is the most reported issue that becomes time-consuming for staff scheduling and is frustrating for clients waiting on the phone.
2- Populating the Treatment Plan - when completing a follow-up treatment plan it populates every treatment plan into the new one created. This becomes costly if you have a client for 3 years +
Ex. A treatment plan every 6 months for 3 years and an average of 4-5 pages per plan x 6 treatment plans printed for a client, the last treatment plan cumulates to 30 pages. It doesn't allow the plan to start over with a fresh slate for a new treatment plan without including the old ones as well. (Unless I haven't figured it out, which may be the case) :)

Finally, an EMR worth discovering!

Bewertet am 27.10.2016
Jill W.
Psychiatric Assessment Clinician
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been working within ICANotes for approximately 2 years, having transitioned from two different EMR systems. Overall, I have found ICANotes to afford a much broader spectrum of clinical flexibility for progress notes and new assessments. Care procedures, symptoms, medications, and historical data are all-inclusive and well organized for ease of use, which is vital for a fast-paced environment such as the one I work in. My particular job involves scribing for psychiatrists during back to back assessments for an acute psychiatric care hospital. This involves obtaining important historical data, current client concerns, daily medication changes, progress, and treatment plan options, all which have to be captured as quickly as possible as client is seated in assessment room. Having such an organized system helps me maintain an accurate and quick speed, which is crucial to my work. This is the first program I have used that caters to this need.

Vorteile: I appreciate the ability to build algorithms, to quicken my pace, and ICANotes affords me this ability. The various chart screens are easy to maneuver and contain clear and thorough guideline categories that require just a click of a button to incorporate into the notes. The medication areas are user-friendly and contain a broad selection of medications to choose from. At each chart front page, it is easy to see allergies and medical concerns in one glance, which promotes safety and easy recall to providers, when necessary.

Nachteile: A primary concern has been connectivity continuity. Our office has had to switch to a web based launch, as opposed to remote log-in, due to considerable interruptions and stalls, which were were very time consuming and frustrating, given the pace that my work requires to be maintained. However, the connection options we have now are much improved, overall. For the purpose of creating a tidy note, I also would prefer that categories to be left-align in each section so that the headers would not appear to be floating in the middle of the page. This may seem like a small thing, but, when creating over 30 notes a day and spending time left-aligning each category of use, this can be a time hindrance.

ICANOTES REVIEW

Bewertet am 1.2.2012
Michael F.
Psychiatrist

Kommentare: Overall I would give ICANOTES high marks for ease of use and customizability .ICANOTES operates much faster than I expected even though the computing is done in the cloud. I had feared it would be like Allscripts prescribing system which is quirky and slow. I anticipate that using ICANOTES will allow me to go fully paperless within a year.

Vorteile: I have found it very easy to use and learn very quickly. I was able to complete almost all my notes during visits with patients by the second day of use. I also found that typing personalized information was actually easier than handwriting notes .As I see a fair number of Workmans Comp patients it insures legibility and makes for a more refined note which has to be submitted with claims. I have not yet used the customizable buttons yet (I've only been at this one week) but expect that using them will make my notes seem more like what I naturally write. I also like the ability to upload documents into patient charts. I had been exploring the possibility of moving to electronic records a number of years ago and kept coming back to ICANOTES. I had not pursued till now because I expected the learning curve to be steep and long. That has not been the case and I wish I had done this years go. Using DrFirst prescribing system with ICANOTES is a plus as it is integrated and quick.

Nachteile: It was a little difficult to be able to upload patient data - not because of ICANOTES but because other systems do not setup data to enable conversion to excel or csv files (Therapist Helper, for example). I also found that prescribing systems do not share information either (Allscripts). I fortunately did have enough data from my scheduling program(Scheduleview) to get the baics put in. I was getting a little panicked at the thought of having 700 patients entered manually. The scheduling program in ICANOTES is a little underpowered as I would like to see it have the capacity to send out reminders which I understand is being investigated.

Yes to Icanotes

Bewertet am 26.8.2018
Michael F.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have been using Icanotes since 2012 and do not regret the decision to go with Icanotes. I had researched numerous EHR's and found this one to be most affordable and customizable. There have been little problems along the way, but support has been right on top of correcting any problems. It also is a do it all EHR, including progress notes, billing, patient portal, etc. I highly recommend it.

Vorteile: It is easy to learn to use. First day I used it, I was able to keep up with notes throughout day. E prescribing is integrated with Dr. First which makes for easy record keeping and taking care of renewals. Icanotes is also customizable by creating buttons which will insert appropriate language where needed.

Nachteile: Initially, there were some quirky things about navigating , which have since been corrected.

von ICANotes an 14.9.2018

Hi Michael, thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for being a long-term customer! We really appreciate the review and we're looking forward to serving you in the future.

Best EHR for the mental health professional!

Bewertet am 28.2.2019
Paul C.
Senior Technologist
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I believe ICANotes represents the best value in EHR for the small two medium-sized mental health practice. No other system offered is as well tailored to providing the type of medical charts kept by mental health professionals. The vast majority of EHR systems on the market were designed for standard medical practices geared towards labs/procedures/meds and are ill-suited to the needs of the mental health professional.

Vorteile: Built from the ground up for psychiatry needs, and quite customizable. Allows the quick creation of patients notes without the need for much typing. Integrates EHR with billing and calendaring to provide a complete solution for individual providers or small to medium practices.

Nachteile: Visual interface is dated, some tasks take many clicks to accomplish. However, both of these are being worked on by the company.

Software blessing!

Bewertet am 1.2.2012
Evelyn S.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Private Practice

Kommentare: Since I am an individual in private practice, I cannot speak for how well this works for groups. Yet, I can tell you it is a Godsend for myself and my billing agent, who is also registered on my account and can simply look at the appointment schedule for the week, see who came in, and go do the billing for those sessions. We no longer have to make time to meet, dragging along files and flash drives. I love that it takes only 5-20 (max) minutes to document anything, from initial evalutation to routine follow-up sessions. I certainly do recommend this software for any therapist who would enjoy appropriate documentation without reinventing complete notes from scratch after each session. At professional meetings I share with colleagues routinely about this software. My mentor, now retired, exclaimed (while sitting at my side, observing the ease and speed of utilization), "Where was THIS when I was in practice?!?"

Vorteile: I shopped for months to find an affordable and adequate program to assist me with keeping my documentation up to date. When I found ICANotes I was very pleasantly surprised to find it has exceeded my initial expecations. Once I got caught up with documentation, I found it takes only minutes to document after each session, adding the individual's unique comments and my observations easily to the appropriate sections allowed in the format. So easy to edit, save and print. I am a very grateful therapist!

Nachteile: Since I am one who does not enjoy reading manuals, I was happy to learn from videos provided by ICANotes. However, I would have preferred to have just "explored" the software and figured it out, I did sit through a few hours of video training to discover how to do what I needed to do. (I must admit I am happy to have those videos available for swift research, when needed.)

One the best EHRs I have ever used including the "big names".

Bewertet am 31.7.2017
Michael S.
Psych APRN
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Simply the best customer service of any company I have had the pleasure of working with. Throughout the whole company everyone is constantly working to accomplish some not so simple things (well as I see anyway) and this is to work for the providers to meet all the requirements of federal, state and private insurance sources while accomplishing meaningful use standards to get the provider paid appropriately for the level of services medically needed at all levels of Mental Health Service. Some companies just talk, not this one. They are always there when I need them and I have been with them for 4 years. Now I am just one provider but so far as I can see this company ICA NOTES could handle all you needs no matter how large. Michael Southern Board Certified Psychiatric APRN Garden City, Kansas. elementsofchangemsouthern@gmail.com.

Vorteile: So many things but the biggest pro for me as an individual provider is not having to type and still reach the highest medically correct billing. The ability to auto post payments from the clearinghouse right into ICA Notes is worth gold to me.

Nachteile: The only con to this program is it does yet have the ability to let customers self schedule or reschedule but I think this may be in the works.

Very Basic Program , could be great but needs to be updated

Bewertet am 20.2.2018
Christine N.
Billing Manager/Compliance Officer
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is easy to use and easy to train new employees to use it.

Vorteile: Overall it is simple to train new Mental health techs for our Mental health rehab ( community based services) It is easy to access from the field, but clicking is difficult because of the way you must click when using it on a tablet or smart phone. The system is relatively easy to use for those new to the industry. It is less expensive than many of the other integrated programs, BUT once you realize you now pay for the ehr/billing program and now you are gettiing a seperate bill for the clearing house and you are having to pay a monthly fee for each mental health tech and each licensed person both to icn and to a clearinghouse, it is suddenly much more expensive than using a high end integrated service.

Nachteile: The billing software is a horrible, with repeated problems and errors, very limited audit trail, very limited ability to speak with the best clearing houses, relegated to smaller, less advanced clearing houses, lots of lag, slow at times, notes that are saved disappear, lots of weird glitches that tech support has no clue on how to resolve the issues. It is too busy to look at, if you are dealing with it all day long, it is fussy and cluttered. The report system both on the ehr side and the billing side are weak at best. There are many reports that we used in our previous software that are not available, There is no end of day processing and end of day report available. It is built on an old coding platform and needs to be modernized, it could be the best in the industry, it does a lot of basic things right.. Uploading files and downloading files or reports is not easy, you have to log into a different website, which is again time consuming if you are attempting to run reports, export them into excel etc, it cant be done on the main website, you run the report, then rather than just export it, you have to click export then go log on to a different website to retrieve it. It needs more integration. Everything feels like it was added on and just hanging on in piecemeal fashion to the original ehr.. the ehr is solid, good and great to use. I wish it was abit more flexible where you could add fields or have a form uploaded and then be usable in the system

Great product overall!

Kayla R.
Quality Assurance and Training Specialist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our office began using this software 3 years ago when we first opened and ICANotes has been great ever since. The support team is excellent and they are always updating to make new features and improve user experience. If ever there were questions, they were quick to answer all of them. Impressed with the software. It was easy to use for everyone from new employees to seasoned veterans, young and aged. :) Only improvement I would make is to the calendar, but I know they are working on that. :) Great product, highly recommend.

Vorteile: Ease of note completion, preset prompts and questions for notes and assessments, e-prescribing, support team

Nachteile: Calendar, not compatible for medical services

From a medical director’s point of view I like this system

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Arom E.
Medical Director/CEO
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I’ve been using the system for over 10 years. I do strongly prefer it to systems that are not specific to mental health. It definitely helps me train clinicians that I hire and bring into our system.

Vorteile: The ease-of-use and it is very helpful to have the checkbox symptom. I like the ability to do electronics prescribing. The system of clicking buttons to insert text helps speed documentation.

Nachteile: Sometimes glitchy. At times it will slow down. These issues are not unique to this program and I have experience been with multiple other electronic medical record’s. P

ICANOTES GETS 5 STARS OF EVERY THING------ BEST PROGRAM

Bewertet am 19.1.2018
Kara H.
COUNSELOR, OWNER
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: OUR RECORDS ARE HIPPA COMPLIANT, SUPPORT IS THE BEST EVER. IT IS A LARGE PROGRAM WITH MANY FEATURES. TUTORIALS ARE ON YOUTUBE AND CHAT IS AVAILABLE CONSISTENTLY WITH TRAINED PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ENGLISH WELL. IT IS UPDEATED AND IMPROVED ALL THE TIME.

Vorteile: IT IS UPDATED CONSISTENTLY. THE SUPPORT IS IMMEDIATE AND THOROUGH!! CHAT IA AVAILABLE ALL THE TIME. THEY SPEAK ENGLISH CLEARLY. THEY OFFER TRAININGS AND TUTORIALS AND CONSULTATION. THE SUPPORT PEOPLE ARE HELPFUL, KIND AND WELL TRAINED. THEY CAN DO REMOTE HELP ALSO.

2 years with ICANotes and very pleased

Bewertet am 13.4.2016
Heather J.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
4.5 / 5
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: I like the preset options that are available. I use many of them to speed up note taking. I also like the ability to add my own quick key options. My notes can be done very quickly with this program. I have a Macbook air and it works wonderfully. One thing that is important to me is customer service. I have used the online chat as well as called the support number. I am extremely impressed with the staff. They are fast, friendly, and knowledgeable. I always know when I contact support it will not take long and they will solve my problem.

Nachteile: I think the old 2008 windows interface could use some updating. There is probably a better flow they could come up with for placement of buttons but once you get used to where everything is it doesn't matter. Learning any notes program takes time at first.

ICANotes Reviewer

Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Kelly G.
RN, Executive Director
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've been using ICANotes for almost a year. I excitedly tell everyone who works in this field (SUD Residential) to check out ICANotes very reasonably priced program. We love the tech support, the video instructions on youtube and the ease of the software's use. The program is the easiest I've seen. Being a nurse-I've used many different software programs too!! We love ICANotes and have nothing but great reviews to give to the software program!!

Vorteile: Technical support, instructional video tutorials, ease of use.

Nachteile: It's a remote desktop connection (for us) and I'm unsure if that matters to some people.
We have NO COMPLAINTS....this program is awesome.

von ICANotes an 14.9.2018

Hi Kelly, thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate the positive feedback and are glad to hear that you're enjoying our software.

Excellent Platform for Integrated Care Practice

Bewertet am 21.5.2016
Jared R.

Kommentare: ICANotes has been a solid system providing the flexibility and compatibility needed in today's complex healthcare system(s). Initially and even today, ICANotes promotes itself as a behavioral health platform. However, as a larger Integrated Care private practice with over 30+ users and a multidisciplinary team of professionals this EHR has been able to meet every need we have had and more. The platform does require improvements to hopefully navigate away from being accessed through RDP (remote desktop) only, but this among other things the ICA team tackles head on and I cannot say enough about their support team(s) from sales to development and EDI. We continue to use ICA with confidence knowing that if/when we have a need it will be met promptly by a team that is knowledgeable in today's ever changing healthcare world, but a team that is also small enough to care making us feel they are truly "Pro-Provider" which is rare among the corporate world of electronic health record systems. We use every feature daily including e-Rx., assessment & clinical documentation, billing and laboratory result integration. ICANotes has nearly every feature for full clinical practice management outside of specific accounting capabilities and a time-clock - everything else happens in ICA. Our practice has been satisfied overall based on our direct experience with the software and our relationships with the people behind it. EHR can be a scary leap to take (especially for the one(s) paying the bills), but I am confident we made the right choice based on our unique practice and needs.

IcaNotes for Psychology

Bewertet am 9.1.2017
Sara R.
psychologist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: IcaNotes is clearly written for psychiatrists primarily so it is less flexible than I would like as a psychologist. Still, it is a good value, my notes get done quickly and the printout always looks professional.

Vorteile: It's easy to use.

Nachteile: It's geared to psychiatry, not psychology (it's like non prescriber use is an afterthought). Although they say you can customize it, I haven't found that to be true in practice.

ICANotes is a great boost to my mental health practice

Bewertet am 6.7.2011
Carl S.
Therapist

Kommentare: I used to spend 1-2 hours daily on documentation. With ICANotes, I spend only 2-3 minutes per session note, which frees me up for one to two extra session each day. My practice consists almost exclusively of Medicaid clients. The documentation requirements for Medicaid are very strict in my state. I have been audited twice by the state Medicaid auditors. Half of the content audited in my first audit were session notes I created manually before switching to ICANotes. The auditors found many discrepancies in my documentation from the period I was manually creating my session notes (typos, times incorrect, wrong date, wrong CPT code, members in family sessions not identified, etc.), but none after I switched to ICANotes. The only discrepancy in the second audit, which was entirely content created in ICANotes, was one missing session note. The auditors rated my clinical documentation as the most comprehensive they had seen.

Vorteile: Templates for most types of encounters. Session notes are done with a few mouse clicks on preloaded buttons. Compiled notes are very comprehensive. It is simple to generate hard copies of documentation, if required. Signature pages, release forms, and other papers can be scanned an added to the client's file electronically, allowing for complete elimination of hard copies of file contents. ICANotes team is very receptive to customizing product, and very responsive to suggestions for improvements.

Nachteile: None for me.

ICANotes-- OUTSTANDING

George B.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have used ICN for almost 4 yrs now and I continue to be very pleased. It is an excellent EHR for behavioral health. The format is easy, documentation is quick and also very easy. Training videos are excellent. The staff are exemplary and service could not be better!!. I highly recommend this software. As a very busy child and adolescent psychiatrist, ICN has made my life so much more manageable.

Vorteile: EVERYTHING

Nachteile: Not a one

It's the best. I've bought several. This one wins!!

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Kara H.
Owner and Therapist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The willingness to make changes that help us. We need a Domestic Violence category. Their respomse: "we will work on it. " Accommodating!

Nachteile: We love everything. No criticisms. They answer quickly when we need their help. Chat is available most of the time during days.

Used in Large Inpatient Setting: > Than 10 Years

Bewertet am 2.2.2012
Celso L.

Kommentare: Highest recommendation.
No reservations.
I am an "early user" and have been using ICANotes
for over ten years.

Vorteile: Button driven narrative note is fast, easy and secure.
Supports multitude of symptoms + adult and child
population.
Program scores and delivers valid E/M code specific
to inpatient (and outpatient) setting.
Can pull up any note 24/7 from any computer
anywhere in the world with internet connection.
Progress note can be constructed in two minutes.
Supports practice management services.
Easy access to live customer support via phone or
internal email.
Tablet friendly.
Program is designed to support various practitioners
Including: psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists,
nursing, social workers, dietary, pastoral
counselors and supports basic medical H & P.
Can download demo from this site:
www.icanotes.com
Not required to sign a contract.
Very reasonable priced.
Software buttons are clinically relevant and program
is easy to learn.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Nachteile: There are no cons.
ICANotes is a "must have" for any behavioral health practioner, outpatient or inpatient.

Outdated

Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Ashley E.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it is a decent software platform. I have been able to create quality notes with the click of a mouse.

Vorteile: Once you get the hang of it it can be very fast to create a standardized note. This helps when I have to do group notes for 20 patients at one time.

Nachteile: The interface looks like it is from the 90’s. It is hard to create individual notes because the software is not meant to have you typing in your own notes.

Easy notes

Bewertet am 2.10.2018
Darlene R.
Human Resource Director/Office Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great I tell everyone I know about the systems because I feel that if I can use it anyone can.

Vorteile: a system which is user friendly that I can understand what is being told to do.

Nachteile: I have not experienced any issues with ICANotes it has always been a very friendly system to use.

von ICANotes an 30.10.2018

Hi Darlene! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We truly appreciate the positive feedback.

Could Use More Features. Slow at times

Amber H.
LPCC
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ICAnotes can be slow to load at times and you see lags especially when billing. Missing the ability to void claims which would be great. Auto post on payments does not always flow well and can make record keeping confusing. Great software but could be better with some tweeks.

Vorteile: Charting is simple and flows well

Nachteile: Slow to respond
Billing features lacking
auto post is not consistent and does not post in an organized manner, making your accounting confusing.

Best thing I've done to improve my practice.

Bewertet am 6.3.2015
Carl S.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Vorteile: It has quick and accurate session notes. Many standard statements are pre-programmed onto buttons, and there are many customization options. The company has a real focus on customer service. They do a great job of advising customers if there are any performance or other problems. Customer communication is outstanding. I have increased my productivity by as much as two sessions per day in the time I save using this product.

Nachteile: Nothing. The product is easy to use, the interface is intuitive, and the support is outstanding.

Great Product

Bewertet am 11.1.2017
Gustavo R.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fair price, great customer service and reliable platform. They are a company with many years of experience, I have been using their product since 2005 and it has only improved over the years.

Vorteile: Ease of use and availability on mobile devices

Nachteile: Sometimes it slows down

Death by 1000 clicks!

Bewertet am 22.3.2019
Lynda A.
Nurse Practitioner
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lately I have been calling them every day for IT support and although it says I am first in line, nobody answers the phone. I also try to live chat at the same time and they will take over my computer run a "test" and say everything is fine. If it is so fine, why as soon as I resume use do the same problems occur?

Vorteile: When it works, it has good features that make charting faster and easier.

Nachteile: It has issues 5 out of 5 days a week. It is impossible to go directly to the chart room so that starts the day off totally wrong since that is where you are most likely to go to get your patient chart. Then when you can get the chart it decides when you can actually document in the chart . I wait a long time for a blue ring to stop going round and round and I also wait a really long time for something that says a find is in progress and processing inquiry. I get a coffee cup with steam several times a day as well and I have no idea what that icon means. Does mean, your patient will wait while you go get a coffee of coffee and we get this software working?