Über ICANotes

Bessere Notizen, weniger Tippen: ICANotes bietet ein zu 100 % konfiguriertes EHR-System für Verhaltensgesundheit und Suchtbehandlung an.

Erfahre mehr über ICANotes

Once you get the hang of it it can be very fast to create a standardized note. This helps when I have to do group notes for 20 patients at one time.

It continuesly signs out if your connection is lost.

Bewertungen zu ICANotes

3,9
3,9

ICANotes hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 98 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ICANotes bereits verwendet?

Mental Health Therapist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Software for Mental Health Professionals

Kommentare: I have not encountered business issues with ICANotes. They have excellent customer service. They provide ongoing training as needed and they take time to make you feel confident using the software.

This software has highly impressive features such as creating mental health forms such as screening questionnaires, creating treatment plans with measurable objectives, and very thorough mental health assessments. The case notes are very easy to create and include a comprehensive mental health status examination. Also, you can link your treatment plan to your case notes so that you can address the progress made in treatment when writing a case note. It has a comprehensive list of all psychotropic medications.

It is easy to integrate into your practice because it has all the necessary features for mental health providers, for example, CPT codes, assessment forms, consents, a fully integrated calendar with automatic reminders for the patients, and more importantly the capability to connect with a clearinghouse to submit electronic billing. It also has a patient portal. Very functional and extraordinarily helpful to create clinical notes. It has a telehealth platform too.

Clinical Social Worker in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Using ICANotes for clinical practivce

ICANotes offers all the necessary features to document clinical notes and asessments and at the same time to be in compliance with regulatory mandates by insurance companies and the government.

A dasboard to track documented and unducumented sessions that would allow to track any undocumented session. Also,

Christine
Billing Manager/Compliance Officer in USA

Very Basic Program , could be great but needs to be updated

Kommentare: It is easy to use and easy to train new employees to use it.

Overall it is simple to train new Mental health techs for our Mental health rehab ( community based services) It is easy to access from the field, but clicking is difficult because of the way you must click when using it on a tablet or smart phone. The system is relatively easy to use for those new to the industry. It is less expensive than many of the other integrated programs, BUT once you realize you now pay for the ehr/billing program and now you are gettiing a seperate bill for the clearing house and you are having to pay a monthly fee for each mental health tech and each licensed person both to icn and to a clearinghouse, it is suddenly much more expensive than using a high end integrated service.

The billing software is a horrible, with repeated problems and errors, very limited audit trail, very limited ability to speak with the best clearing houses, relegated to smaller, less advanced clearing houses, lots of lag, slow at times, notes that are saved disappear, lots of weird glitches that tech support has no clue on how to resolve the issues. It is too busy to look at, if you are dealing with it all day long, it is fussy and cluttered. The report system both on the ehr side and the billing side are weak at best. There are many reports that we used in our previous software that are not available, There is no end of day processing and end of day report available. It is built on an old coding platform and needs to be modernized, it could be the best in the industry, it does a lot of basic things right.. Uploading files and downloading files or reports is not easy, you have to log into a different website, which is again time consuming if you are attempting to run reports, export them into excel etc, it cant be done on the main website, you run the report, then rather than just export it, you have to click export then go log on to a different website to retrieve it. It needs more integration. Everything feels like it was added on and just hanging on in piecemeal fashion to the original ehr.. the ehr is solid, good and great to use. I wish it was abit more flexible where you could add fields or have a form uploaded and then be usable in the system

Jill
Psychiatric Assessment Clinician
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Finally, an EMR worth discovering!

Kommentare: I have been working within ICANotes for approximately 2 years, having transitioned from two different EMR systems. Overall, I have found ICANotes to afford a much broader spectrum of clinical flexibility for progress notes and new assessments. Care procedures, symptoms, medications, and historical data are all-inclusive and well organized for ease of use, which is vital for a fast-paced environment such as the one I work in. My particular job involves scribing for psychiatrists during back to back assessments for an acute psychiatric care hospital. This involves obtaining important historical data, current client concerns, daily medication changes, progress, and treatment plan options, all which have to be captured as quickly as possible as client is seated in assessment room. Having such an organized system helps me maintain an accurate and quick speed, which is crucial to my work. This is the first program I have used that caters to this need.

I appreciate the ability to build algorithms, to quicken my pace, and ICANotes affords me this ability. The various chart screens are easy to maneuver and contain clear and thorough guideline categories that require just a click of a button to incorporate into the notes. The medication areas are user-friendly and contain a broad selection of medications to choose from. At each chart front page, it is easy to see allergies and medical concerns in one glance, which promotes safety and easy recall to providers, when necessary.

A primary concern has been connectivity continuity. Our office has had to switch to a web based launch, as opposed to remote log-in, due to considerable interruptions and stalls, which were were very time consuming and frustrating, given the pace that my work requires to be maintained. However, the connection options we have now are much improved, overall. For the purpose of creating a tidy note, I also would prefer that categories to be left-align in each section so that the headers would not appear to be floating in the middle of the page. This may seem like a small thing, but, when creating over 30 notes a day and spending time left-aligning each category of use, this can be a time hindrance.

Psychiatrist

ICANOTES REVIEW

Kommentare: Overall I would give ICANOTES high marks for ease of use and customizability .ICANOTES operates much faster than I expected even though the computing is done in the cloud. I had feared it would be like Allscripts prescribing system which is quirky and slow. I anticipate that using ICANOTES will allow me to go fully paperless within a year.

I have found it very easy to use and learn very quickly. I was able to complete almost all my notes during visits with patients by the second day of use. I also found that typing personalized information was actually easier than handwriting notes .As I see a fair number of Workmans Comp patients it insures legibility and makes for a more refined note which has to be submitted with claims. I have not yet used the customizable buttons yet (I've only been at this one week) but expect that using them will make my notes seem more like what I naturally write. I also like the ability to upload documents into patient charts. I had been exploring the possibility of moving to electronic records a number of years ago and kept coming back to ICANOTES. I had not pursued till now because I expected the learning curve to be steep and long. That has not been the case and I wish I had done this years go. Using DrFirst prescribing system with ICANOTES is a plus as it is integrated and quick.

It was a little difficult to be able to upload patient data - not because of ICANOTES but because other systems do not setup data to enable conversion to excel or csv files (Therapist Helper, for example). I also found that prescribing systems do not share information either (Allscripts). I fortunately did have enough data from my scheduling program(Scheduleview) to get the baics put in. I was getting a little panicked at the thought of having 700 patients entered manually. The scheduling program in ICANOTES is a little underpowered as I would like to see it have the capacity to send out reminders which I understand is being investigated.

Cal
Cal
Practice Owner LPC in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Downhill this year

Kommentare: It was fine for a while. Charting is made easier with the buttons, it genuinely can be great even if the system takes a while to get used to and is very clunky and outdated looking. However the lack of support I have experienced after the Change Healthcare issue in February has really soured me on icannotes. It is going on 2 months now and I still haven't been able to get claims in despite being tech savvy and sending in many support tickets.

It does make charting more streamlined. You need to add a lot of your own buttons for compliance with various insurance companies but it feels fairly robust.

Claims integration with inavalon has been a complete nightmare since the switch and I have been frustrated by the lack of support. The learning curve for getting comfortable with charting in icannotes was about average when I started. I wish there was more customization. I have a lot of extra buttons on my screen that I will never need.

Alexandra
billing manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

OK for Small Mental Health Group

Kommentare: No great. I think this would work as an end to end solution for a very small mental health practice. It is not good if you need to get things done quickly and efficiently.

My mental health providers that have been on this software for a long time really like it. They are very fond of the EHR and feel like it works best for them.

I don't like a lot of things about this software. It is very slow, there is not enough RAM to run the software through their "web based" rdp connection. Terrible customer service, no ability to reach anyone, when you do they are not helpful and never provide solutions. Trying to create an integration with their "preferred" partners is an impossible task. They want to charge for services that no one else charges for and do not respond for months at a time even after following up weekly. Running reports is almost comical. Something that would take seconds in another billing system takes hours or even DAYS to complete in ICANOTES. We have a special computer that only runs reports on ICANOTES because they can take anywhere from 8-24 hours to run and then "export."

Alelea
APRN in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

I finally found the right EHR for my behavioral health practice

Everything! I am an APRN/owner and is about to launch my practice. ICANotes eased my mind. I used it in the past during my clinicals. I am so glad I went back to ICANotes. I really like how you "click boxes" when charting but then your progress note comes out with a well-written narrative, assessment tools are integrated, has a very nice workflow. I can see myself finishing a note in three minutes, yet still with excellent quality. Trainers and customer support are top notch! [sensitive content hidden] has been very helpful. I love training with her. She goes above and beyond to help you. No wonder her training schedule is booked! [sensitive content hidden] are equally helpful as well!

I do not have any negative comment as of this moment.

Evelyn
Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Private Practice

Software blessing!

Kommentare: Since I am an individual in private practice, I cannot speak for how well this works for groups. Yet, I can tell you it is a Godsend for myself and my billing agent, who is also registered on my account and can simply look at the appointment schedule for the week, see who came in, and go do the billing for those sessions. We no longer have to make time to meet, dragging along files and flash drives. I love that it takes only 5-20 (max) minutes to document anything, from initial evalutation to routine follow-up sessions. I certainly do recommend this software for any therapist who would enjoy appropriate documentation without reinventing complete notes from scratch after each session. At professional meetings I share with colleagues routinely about this software. My mentor, now retired, exclaimed (while sitting at my side, observing the ease and speed of utilization), "Where was THIS when I was in practice?!?"

I shopped for months to find an affordable and adequate program to assist me with keeping my documentation up to date. When I found ICANotes I was very pleasantly surprised to find it has exceeded my initial expecations. Once I got caught up with documentation, I found it takes only minutes to document after each session, adding the individual's unique comments and my observations easily to the appropriate sections allowed in the format. So easy to edit, save and print. I am a very grateful therapist!

Since I am one who does not enjoy reading manuals, I was happy to learn from videos provided by ICANotes. However, I would have preferred to have just "explored" the software and figured it out, I did sit through a few hours of video training to discover how to do what I needed to do. (I must admit I am happy to have those videos available for swift research, when needed.)

Kayla
Quality Assurance and Training Specialist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product overall!

Kommentare: Our office began using this software 3 years ago when we first opened and ICANotes has been great ever since. The support team is excellent and they are always updating to make new features and improve user experience. If ever there were questions, they were quick to answer all of them. Impressed with the software. It was easy to use for everyone from new employees to seasoned veterans, young and aged. :) Only improvement I would make is to the calendar, but I know they are working on that. :) Great product, highly recommend.

Ease of note completion, preset prompts and questions for notes and assessments, e-prescribing, support team

Calendar, not compatible for medical services

Paola
Mental Health Counselor in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I am trying desperately to make this EHR system work for me

Kommentare: Not great!! IT customer service is good but overall ICANotes+ is a terrible system.

I really like thats its a certified system, the notes are easy and will help you pass any audit which is the main reason I want this EHR system to work for me. I seem to be more in contact with their IT dept than I am with Simple Practice.

Where do I start? The charting can be cumbersome at least on ICANotes+, I don't know about their legacy program. My clients have complained multiple times about the system being cumbersome to fill out paperwork, it has taken clients over 4+ hours to complete an intake. I get kicked out of the page multiple times even while I am in it. Telehealth can go down and then I am told to clear the cache which BTW I have not had to do with Google Meets or Simple Practice or any other EHR system. Then I am told to add https:// to a webpage for it to load, there are a lot of tricks to make a page work and that should not be the case. I am trying to get this system to work for me but I am afraid I am having to constantly reach out to IT for help to troubleshoot issues. Two times this week and it's only Tuesday.Trying to switch my clients from one EHR to this one has also presented challenges. I cannot use my own forms that clients can edit, I cannot use an assessment while I am in a session with a client.

Keisha
Provider in USA

The review

Kommentare: I did not prefer it compared to another software.

Clickable options. But there’s many that are not as relevant.

It’s too saturated. Too hard to do tx plans in it as well.

Carl
Therapist
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

ICANotes is a great boost to my mental health practice

Kommentare: I used to spend 1-2 hours daily on documentation. With ICANotes, I spend only 2-3 minutes per session note, which frees me up for one to two extra session each day. My practice consists almost exclusively of Medicaid clients. The documentation requirements for Medicaid are very strict in my state. I have been audited twice by the state Medicaid auditors. Half of the content audited in my first audit were session notes I created manually before switching to ICANotes. The auditors found many discrepancies in my documentation from the period I was manually creating my session notes (typos, times incorrect, wrong date, wrong CPT code, members in family sessions not identified, etc.), but none after I switched to ICANotes. The only discrepancy in the second audit, which was entirely content created in ICANotes, was one missing session note. The auditors rated my clinical documentation as the most comprehensive they had seen.

Templates for most types of encounters. Session notes are done with a few mouse clicks on preloaded buttons. Compiled notes are very comprehensive. It is simple to generate hard copies of documentation, if required. Signature pages, release forms, and other papers can be scanned an added to the client's file electronically, allowing for complete elimination of hard copies of file contents. ICANotes team is very receptive to customizing product, and very responsive to suggestions for improvements.

None for me.

Roberto
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Texas Addictions

Kommentare: Love ICANotes. If we could have an easy way to get the ICD 10 codes, better medication database and a little faster it would be the perfect software (at least for me).

The built-in templates (phrases) and that is perfect for the field of addictions.

Getting ICD 10 codes, not a good medication database and the time it takes to process some of the steps.

Julie
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in USA

Product works great WHEN IT WORKS! So frustrating that it has so many glitches (almost weekly)

I love the ease of documenting a well organized psychiatric note. HOWEVER I'M ON THE PHONE WITH IT AGAIN THIS MORNING!!! I feel like I have to come into work early just in case ICAN is down.

So many times (again almost weekly) that I have to call IT about server issues that slow down my practive. Can't access records or patient schedule. UGH!! AND even they never compensate you for the time that their product is not functioning!

Gustavo
Psychiatrist in Puerto Rico
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Product

Kommentare: Fair price, great customer service and reliable platform. They are a company with many years of experience, I have been using their product since 2005 and it has only improved over the years.

Ease of use and availability on mobile devices

Sometimes it slows down

Janet
Therapist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

User Friendly Great Customer Service

Kommentare: My experience has been extremely positive. I cannot recommend it enough.

It is user friendly and makes completing notes a breeze. The customer service and training is amazing. It is by far the best I have ever used. The teletherapy is smooth, portal is user friendly and effective. Forms can be customized. There is an extensive library of screening tools that can be used in session or sent to clients. I am amazed by the resources.

That I did not try it sooner. There is a learning curve. It appears a little antiquated. However they are in the process of an update that will resolve this issue.

Cassandra
Therapist in USA
Medizinische Praxis

Not so much

I think the form letters feature is wonderful but beyond that I am so utterly frustrated with ICAN it's difficult to come up with much I do like.

It never works. It's clear the server space is insufficient for the amount of traffic. I am constantly getting thrown out or having to deal with a frozen screen, regardless of whether I'm at the office or at home. Saturday afternoon is the really the only time ICAN works. Unfortunately, I'm on ICAN on Saturday afternoon because it is too difficult to use while at work. I wish I could get back the amount of time I spend working on weekends due to ICAN's lack of performance.

Shannon
Counselor in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great EHR System

Kommentare: The transition from my previous EHR System was very easy. Customer Support have been amazing and always available to assist if there are any problems. There are many tutorials available for needed to assist in becoming familiar with the software features and navigation. I am very satisfied with the EHR and happy that I transitioned to ICANotes.

I have actually recommended ICANotres to 3 colleagues since transitioning to your EHR system. I love it, increase productivity, and easy navigation. Support Team is wonderful.

I have very satisfied with this EHR and have no concerns or issues identified.

Clara
owner/psychological examiner/therapist

Very Satisfied EMR user

Kommentare: Overall, I am very pleased with ICANotes for electronic mental health records. They appear to be keeping this product current to meet the everchanging needs within the mental health field. I have recommended this product to other professionals in my area.

Loved the ease of downloading to my computers and finding video instruction for using the program. The support staff has always been extremely helpful and friendly. I like the features that allow me to tailor my progress notes to the way I focus on treatment issues. Progress notes can be completed very easily and quickly. Appointment book and patient account features are easy to learn and use.

The billing on HCFA forms will only print one service per form and I would like to be able to print and bill weekly or monthly with several charges on one form. If you subscribe to clearinghouse for billing this is not an issue.

Angela
Administrator in USA
Medizinische Praxis

As Admin. Director, I entered all referrals into ICan.

It is very easy to enter a new client, get a Client ID. It is great for looking up documents, etc.

The calendar is awful. It has to load twice and is very slow. Appointments are made then disappear. This happens too frequently and clients arrive, but someone else has taken their time slot. It is difficult to explain to someone how this happens.

Sally
Doctor in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

ICANotes over sells it's product and does not deliver

Know that my best choice was to throw in the towel and cut the losses.

After 8 months of endless problems and little support from technicians, we discontinued using the software. The extra expense of paying for mistakes made by a poorly conceived and slow-running program, for which the technicians and management would not and/or would not remedy, is unfortunate. The vendor refused to compensate for lost revenue due to poor programming.

Jolene
Billing Manager in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Biller's point of view

How it is color coded to help things stand out for billing and missing data

That we have to populate everything in the begging ourselves. Some other billing programs pre-populates all details other than patient data for you. Such as codes, payer ID's, payers..etc.

Alycia
Medical Biller in USA
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

great program to use and it is easy

Kommentare: The customer representatives and technicians are very helpful and knowledgeable. It is easy to navigate and works better than the other program I use!

It is easy to navigate and get back to main screen from anywhere in the program

Changing documents and diagnosis are a little clustered and it not very user-friendly if one is new to this type of program

Valerie
Owner/APRN,GNP-BC

User Friendly Mental Health EMR

Kommentare: It not only gets the job done it has enhanced my practice. Wouldn't trade it!

I've been using ICANotes for almost 5 years. I have a (mostly) solo LTC and ALF practice. I am able to work on site or do progress notes later in my office. ICANotes creates a narrative note that is readable and thorough. I get lots of compliments on my documentation and I feel more confident in my coding. Customer service is excellent. It is easily searchable.

Needs an internet/wifi connection which can be ify in rural areas.