Über ICANotes

Bessere Notizen, weniger Tippen: ICANotes bietet ein zu 100 % konfiguriertes EHR-System für Verhaltensgesundheit und Suchtbehandlung an.

Erfahre mehr über ICANotes

Once you get the hang of it it can be very fast to create a standardized note. This helps when I have to do group notes for 20 patients at one time.

It continuesly signs out if your connection is lost.

Bewertungen zu ICANotes

3,9
3,9

ICANotes hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 97 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ICANotes bereits verwendet?

Mental Health Therapist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Software for Mental Health Professionals

Kommentare: I have not encountered business issues with ICANotes. They have excellent customer service. They provide ongoing training as needed and they take time to make you feel confident using the software.

This software has highly impressive features such as creating mental health forms such as screening questionnaires, creating treatment plans with measurable objectives, and very thorough mental health assessments. The case notes are very easy to create and include a comprehensive mental health status examination. Also, you can link your treatment plan to your case notes so that you can address the progress made in treatment when writing a case note. It has a comprehensive list of all psychotropic medications.

It is easy to integrate into your practice because it has all the necessary features for mental health providers, for example, CPT codes, assessment forms, consents, a fully integrated calendar with automatic reminders for the patients, and more importantly the capability to connect with a clearinghouse to submit electronic billing. It also has a patient portal. Very functional and extraordinarily helpful to create clinical notes. It has a telehealth platform too.

Clinical Social Worker in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Using ICANotes for clinical practivce

ICANotes offers all the necessary features to document clinical notes and asessments and at the same time to be in compliance with regulatory mandates by insurance companies and the government.

A dasboard to track documented and unducumented sessions that would allow to track any undocumented session. Also,

Christine
Billing Manager/Compliance Officer in USA

Very Basic Program , could be great but needs to be updated

Kommentare: It is easy to use and easy to train new employees to use it.

Overall it is simple to train new Mental health techs for our Mental health rehab ( community based services) It is easy to access from the field, but clicking is difficult because of the way you must click when using it on a tablet or smart phone. The system is relatively easy to use for those new to the industry. It is less expensive than many of the other integrated programs, BUT once you realize you now pay for the ehr/billing program and now you are gettiing a seperate bill for the clearing house and you are having to pay a monthly fee for each mental health tech and each licensed person both to icn and to a clearinghouse, it is suddenly much more expensive than using a high end integrated service.

The billing software is a horrible, with repeated problems and errors, very limited audit trail, very limited ability to speak with the best clearing houses, relegated to smaller, less advanced clearing houses, lots of lag, slow at times, notes that are saved disappear, lots of weird glitches that tech support has no clue on how to resolve the issues. It is too busy to look at, if you are dealing with it all day long, it is fussy and cluttered. The report system both on the ehr side and the billing side are weak at best. There are many reports that we used in our previous software that are not available, There is no end of day processing and end of day report available. It is built on an old coding platform and needs to be modernized, it could be the best in the industry, it does a lot of basic things right.. Uploading files and downloading files or reports is not easy, you have to log into a different website, which is again time consuming if you are attempting to run reports, export them into excel etc, it cant be done on the main website, you run the report, then rather than just export it, you have to click export then go log on to a different website to retrieve it. It needs more integration. Everything feels like it was added on and just hanging on in piecemeal fashion to the original ehr.. the ehr is solid, good and great to use. I wish it was abit more flexible where you could add fields or have a form uploaded and then be usable in the system

Alelea
APRN in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

I finally found the right EHR for my behavioral health practice

Everything! I am an APRN/owner and is about to launch my practice. ICANotes eased my mind. I used it in the past during my clinicals. I am so glad I went back to ICANotes. I really like how you "click boxes" when charting but then your progress note comes out with a well-written narrative, assessment tools are integrated, has a very nice workflow. I can see myself finishing a note in three minutes, yet still with excellent quality. Trainers and customer support are top notch! [sensitive content hidden] has been very helpful. I love training with her. She goes above and beyond to help you. No wonder her training schedule is booked! [sensitive content hidden] are equally helpful as well!

I do not have any negative comment as of this moment.

Deborah
CEO, Owner in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

AN EMR DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THAT DOES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PRACTICE.

Kommentare: We have been using the ICANotes program for 4 yrs. The customer service has been exceptional and courteous. They offer webinars and training for all aspects of the program and include tutorials on their website which is great when hiring new staff. ICANotes has assisted us with issues and accommodated our needs when modifications/adjustments were requested to suit our practice needs. The team at ICANotes has responded and implemented several options we suggested to improve our service delivery to clients. In addition, ICANotes has added many features to the program to meet the growing demands in the field of behavioral health.
I love the fact this EMR was created by Dr. Richard Morgenstern, a psychiatrist. This program was specifically designed for behavioral health and not a modified version or altered from a medical model template. It is also a plus that one of the offices of ICANotes is within 30 min from our agency. Their staff was available to visit us and provide support when we opened in 2012. I have seen this company grow rapidly in 4yrs. since using this program which as benefited us in our growth as well. I gave ICANotes for every category primarily because it is well deserved for their hard work in keeping up with integration and the ever changing guidelines with coding, billing, and documentation etc., in behavioral health, which has made my life so much easier with running my business.
However, the I gave for the value of money is a double edged sword.....And in no way do I want this to reflect as a negative connotation to the program. The rating is not entirely due to the cost of ICANotes program but also includes regulation guidelines set forth by many Insurance providers. The reimbursement rates set by insurance providers are not increasing at a rate they should be to providing services in behavioral health field. An increase in rates would tremendously help offset the additional costs accrued for agency's to remain in compliance with state, federal and local regulations thus, allowing agencies to add additional features that could really benefit service delivery.
**Just an idea.......maybe to see some type of incentive programs offered to exist ICANotes customers who are growing and continue to add clinicians and features to their ICANotes program. That would be great.
All in all, this is a phenomenal program, and I would highly recommend it to all behavioral health clinicians and practices.

The program does everything we need. All tasks can be completed with the features encompassed in the program.

Minor issues...... 1- I find the appointment book is extremely slow. I was told it would improve several months back but, the staff reports this most often and is the most reported issue that becomes time-consuming for staff scheduling and is frustrating for clients waiting on the phone. 2- Populating the Treatment Plan - when completing a follow-up treatment plan it populates every treatment plan into the new one created. This becomes costly if you have a client for 3 years + Ex. A treatment plan every 6 months for 3 years and an average of 4-5 pages per plan x 6 treatment plans printed for a client, the last treatment plan cumulates to 30 pages. It doesn't allow the plan to start over with a fresh slate for a new treatment plan without including the old ones as well. (Unless I haven't figured it out, which may be the case) :)

Jill
Psychiatric Assessment Clinician in
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Finally, an EMR worth discovering!

Kommentare: I have been working within ICANotes for approximately 2 years, having transitioned from two different EMR systems. Overall, I have found ICANotes to afford a much broader spectrum of clinical flexibility for progress notes and new assessments. Care procedures, symptoms, medications, and historical data are all-inclusive and well organized for ease of use, which is vital for a fast-paced environment such as the one I work in. My particular job involves scribing for psychiatrists during back to back assessments for an acute psychiatric care hospital. This involves obtaining important historical data, current client concerns, daily medication changes, progress, and treatment plan options, all which have to be captured as quickly as possible as client is seated in assessment room. Having such an organized system helps me maintain an accurate and quick speed, which is crucial to my work. This is the first program I have used that caters to this need.

I appreciate the ability to build algorithms, to quicken my pace, and ICANotes affords me this ability. The various chart screens are easy to maneuver and contain clear and thorough guideline categories that require just a click of a button to incorporate into the notes. The medication areas are user-friendly and contain a broad selection of medications to choose from. At each chart front page, it is easy to see allergies and medical concerns in one glance, which promotes safety and easy recall to providers, when necessary.

A primary concern has been connectivity continuity. Our office has had to switch to a web based launch, as opposed to remote log-in, due to considerable interruptions and stalls, which were were very time consuming and frustrating, given the pace that my work requires to be maintained. However, the connection options we have now are much improved, overall. For the purpose of creating a tidy note, I also would prefer that categories to be left-align in each section so that the headers would not appear to be floating in the middle of the page. This may seem like a small thing, but, when creating over 30 notes a day and spending time left-aligning each category of use, this can be a time hindrance.

Alexandra
billing manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

OK for Small Mental Health Group

Kommentare: No great. I think this would work as an end to end solution for a very small mental health practice. It is not good if you need to get things done quickly and efficiently.

My mental health providers that have been on this software for a long time really like it. They are very fond of the EHR and feel like it works best for them.

I don't like a lot of things about this software. It is very slow, there is not enough RAM to run the software through their "web based" rdp connection. Terrible customer service, no ability to reach anyone, when you do they are not helpful and never provide solutions. Trying to create an integration with their "preferred" partners is an impossible task. They want to charge for services that no one else charges for and do not respond for months at a time even after following up weekly. Running reports is almost comical. Something that would take seconds in another billing system takes hours or even DAYS to complete in ICANOTES. We have a special computer that only runs reports on ICANOTES because they can take anywhere from 8-24 hours to run and then "export."

Eddie
Psychologist in

Tech savvy user

Kommentare: The best overall dynamic documentation program I have seen so far. Learn to work around the limitations and you'll probably like the product. It does help you save time. Note, however, that if you have a low-volume practice it may not be as cost effective as it is with practices that have a high level of patient flow.

Lots of features. Staff welcomes suggestions for changes. Much can be done with a few clicks. Some customizability. Once you get the hang of it you can produce a reasonably good clinic note in a brief period of time. Top level management will respond if you ask. I think one of the best features is that you can access it from any computer with an internet connection, at no extra cost.

I give very frank reviews and I know something about software development, so consider that perspective in the following "cons". A little slow at times, even with a very fast internet connection. The application was not developed from the ground up using machine code. It is built on a platform that sometimes slows the process (on rare occasions frustratingly so) and limits the flexibility of developers and tech staff in creating a high level of adaptability. But if you don't mind a bit of awkward formatting and not having a couple of common keyboard functions (e.g., the Enter key on the numeric keypad), you can produce acceptable output. I suspect a competitor will emerge without these limitations in a year or two; maybe that will prompt some improvements.

Intake Coordinator in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

ICANotes Review

Kommentare: I have mixed views regarding ICANotes. The company sent out a representative to address agency-specific needs and did not follow-up regarding this meeting. In fact, an employee of the organization is no longer, and issues are still unresolved.

Ease of use, access to customer service via online chat.

Changes are often overlooked or non-significant.

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very Helpful in the Medical Industry

Kommentare: Overall this was a great experience. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone in need of a good scheduling system.

I really liked how easy to use this was for scheduling patients and for records.

It would often mess up for one reason or another and the entire system would be down and unusable.

Paola
Mental Health Counselor in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I am trying desperately to make this EHR system work for me

Kommentare: Not great!! IT customer service is good but overall ICANotes+ is a terrible system.

I really like thats its a certified system, the notes are easy and will help you pass any audit which is the main reason I want this EHR system to work for me. I seem to be more in contact with their IT dept than I am with Simple Practice.

Where do I start? The charting can be cumbersome at least on ICANotes+, I don't know about their legacy program. My clients have complained multiple times about the system being cumbersome to fill out paperwork, it has taken clients over 4+ hours to complete an intake. I get kicked out of the page multiple times even while I am in it. Telehealth can go down and then I am told to clear the cache which BTW I have not had to do with Google Meets or Simple Practice or any other EHR system. Then I am told to add https:// to a webpage for it to load, there are a lot of tricks to make a page work and that should not be the case. I am trying to get this system to work for me but I am afraid I am having to constantly reach out to IT for help to troubleshoot issues. Two times this week and it's only Tuesday.Trying to switch my clients from one EHR to this one has also presented challenges. I cannot use my own forms that clients can edit, I cannot use an assessment while I am in a session with a client.

Keisha
Provider in USA

The review

Kommentare: I did not prefer it compared to another software.

Clickable options. But there’s many that are not as relevant.

It’s too saturated. Too hard to do tx plans in it as well.

George
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist in USA
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

ICANotes-- OUTSTANDING

Kommentare: I have used ICN for almost 4 yrs now and I continue to be very pleased. It is an excellent EHR for behavioral health. The format is easy, documentation is quick and also very easy. Training videos are excellent. The staff are exemplary and service could not be better!!. I highly recommend this software. As a very busy child and adolescent psychiatrist, ICN has made my life so much more manageable.

EVERYTHING

Not a one

Julie
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in USA

Product works great WHEN IT WORKS! So frustrating that it has so many glitches (almost weekly)

I love the ease of documenting a well organized psychiatric note. HOWEVER I'M ON THE PHONE WITH IT AGAIN THIS MORNING!!! I feel like I have to come into work early just in case ICAN is down.

So many times (again almost weekly) that I have to call IT about server issues that slow down my practive. Can't access records or patient schedule. UGH!! AND even they never compensate you for the time that their product is not functioning!

Gustavo
Psychiatrist in Puerto Rico
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Product

Kommentare: Fair price, great customer service and reliable platform. They are a company with many years of experience, I have been using their product since 2005 and it has only improved over the years.

Ease of use and availability on mobile devices

Sometimes it slows down

Janet
Therapist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

User Friendly Great Customer Service

Kommentare: My experience has been extremely positive. I cannot recommend it enough.

It is user friendly and makes completing notes a breeze. The customer service and training is amazing. It is by far the best I have ever used. The teletherapy is smooth, portal is user friendly and effective. Forms can be customized. There is an extensive library of screening tools that can be used in session or sent to clients. I am amazed by the resources.

That I did not try it sooner. There is a learning curve. It appears a little antiquated. However they are in the process of an update that will resolve this issue.

Cassandra
Therapist in USA
Medizinische Praxis

Not so much

I think the form letters feature is wonderful but beyond that I am so utterly frustrated with ICAN it's difficult to come up with much I do like.

It never works. It's clear the server space is insufficient for the amount of traffic. I am constantly getting thrown out or having to deal with a frozen screen, regardless of whether I'm at the office or at home. Saturday afternoon is the really the only time ICAN works. Unfortunately, I'm on ICAN on Saturday afternoon because it is too difficult to use while at work. I wish I could get back the amount of time I spend working on weekends due to ICAN's lack of performance.

Shannon
Counselor in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great EHR System

Kommentare: The transition from my previous EHR System was very easy. Customer Support have been amazing and always available to assist if there are any problems. There are many tutorials available for needed to assist in becoming familiar with the software features and navigation. I am very satisfied with the EHR and happy that I transitioned to ICANotes.

I have actually recommended ICANotres to 3 colleagues since transitioning to your EHR system. I love it, increase productivity, and easy navigation. Support Team is wonderful.

I have very satisfied with this EHR and have no concerns or issues identified.

Owner in

ICANotes meets highest expectations

Kommentare: I have used ICANotes off and on since the early 2000's. The only reason I stopped using this powerful program was due to the constraints of where I was working. There are so many improvements over the past 10 years that when I returned 2 years ago I was amazed. Perhaps one of the best features is there customer support system. Questions are quickly answered. If you have suggestions for improvement, someone actually reviews these and even implements the better suggestions. I could not recommend this software system enough. I wholeheartedly give this a 5 star rating!!

-Excellent customer support -Constantly updated and improved -Easy to use -Easily customized to my needs as therapist -Set for a wide range of healthcare providers -Integrated billing process -Quick notes that touch on all important aspects of visit -Economical, especially in light of how much you receive for the monthly fee

There are really very few cons that I would downgrade ICANotes about.

Dina
Billing Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis

Good Review for ICANotes

It's user-friendly, customer support is very friendly, easy access and great billing.

It used to freeze up a lot, but it seems like they have been working hard figuring the issue out, because it has gotten better the past few months.

ope
Doctor in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Numerous, frequent glitches and freezes that slow you down

Comprehensive documentation capabilities that is specific to psychiatry

Numerous, frequent glitches and freezes that slow you down and impact your productivity negatively.

Erin
Director of Operations in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Support!

Kommentare: ICANotes has been wonderful with their support and training team. Anytime we cannot remember how to do something or get stuck, we call and our questions are answered immediately. I love that when a new employee comes onto the staff, that ICANotes trains them.

It has all the features we have been looking at for all levels of care.

How you have to inactivate and activate their chart when they go back and forth from levels of care.

REBECCA
Billing Manager in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

ICAN IS OUTDATED AND SLOW.

ICAN IS EASY TO LEARN AND NAVIGATE THROUGH. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT AND TRY TO SOLVE ISSUES QUICKLY.

IT IS VERY SLOW, THE CALENDAR IS AWFUL AND WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL ISSUES WITH INFORMATION NOT BEING SAVED.

Melissia
Clinical Social Worker in USA

Don't use

Kommentare: Pro's: Best feature are the drop-down menus. Tabs are very helpful; easily prefill your notes. You can make custom buttons.
Con's: The calendar view is not friendly and does not adjust with the scroll button. Customer service is useless! Information is inconsistent from rep-rep. They have NO idea of how to transfer your records if you need to stop or transfer their service. They seemed clueless of how to transfer data. They were unable to transfer records from a group practice without having to recreate the entire record. Waste of time. I do not recommend.

Kelly
vp of operations in

ICANotes

Kommentare: Overal is a good product, works well and serves it purpose. However, users complains about frequent outages or screen freezing

Has good functionality and caters specifically for behavioral health

Outages and scheduling application is very lacking.