HideMyAss Bewertungen

von Privax

4.2/5
    4.2/5

About HideMyAss

Real online privacy. Anywhere.

Erfahre mehr über HideMyAss

Jeramy C.
Psychology and Technology Instructor
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.12.2018

"The name says it all"

Kommentare: Overall, I love this tool. In looking for a VPN, I could not help but note the name... it is pretty much what I want to use a VPN for when I am working remotely. I travel a lot and work online, so I need to be able to access company networks and want to ensure that I am safe personally and professionally. HMA has been easy to use and the one issue I had was resolved in short order with an email. I have been a user for about a year and have another year on my subscription, and I anticipate renewing when my subscription is up.

Vorteile: Very easy to use and has apps and software fo all platforms. Setup takes just a couple of minutes, and the tool will turn on when needed and remain off when not. HMA has been very stable and reliable, and I enjoy being able to work from any site remotely without the worry of wondering how is accessing my system or seeing my work projects.

Nachteile: The one challenge that I have is in regard to the iPhone and Mac software; may be a challenge on all. When accessing the internet in some public locations, such as Starbucks, you must first select the network then agree to the terms to use the wifi. The challenge is that HMA detects and turns on, and then the connection fails a causes some issues in connecting. I have learned that when I access one of these networks, I have to dosconnect from HMA, agree to the terms, then turn on HMA. The same issue occurs on my iPhone, and may happen more often as I access dofferent networks throughout the week. While I have come to know how to resolve, it can be annoying sometimes with delays in access and having to occasionally restart.

Hello,

Thank you for your input.

Please allow us to explain that the issue with public wi-fis, such as cafes, Universities, Libereies, etc.. is not on the VPN end (not just our VPN but in general) . The thing is that their SYS admins block VPN technology, and there is no much that could be done on our end.

If you would like to know more about this, please contact us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9 we'll be glad to answer your queries.

• Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Opeyemi O.
English Teacher
Internet, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2018

"Hidemyass review"

Vorteile: Privacy; this is a bit tricky as from my perspective, this part of the vpn is both an advantage and a disadvantage depending on where you are coming from. The intetnet privacy collects some sort of information that will be detailed in the cons but the good thing is, they never track your usage and the websites you visit and that is some sort of privacy you paid for.
Speed; depending on whether ypu are using the service on a smartphone or a personal computer, there's never that slugiish feeling that comes with using free vpn trials, your internet connection is as swift as ever, only that now you're shielded from every prying eyes that's interested in what you do on the internet.
Simplicity; hma's ease of use can be compared to no other as just about anyone can get around the interface to get to their various needs.
Vastness; hma deserves all the accolades when it comes to the available servers presented to you to choose from, there's a lot of vpns out there with promises of a wide selection of servers when you upgrade to their subscription based service, at the end of the day, what you get is not usually what you paid for.

Nachteile: Pricing; in all sincerity, to some class of people, the pricing of their services is fair but to others, it's not so fair as there are other alternatives with cheaper subscription fee, the company will do better for themselves to review the pricings.
Extended options; there's little to no provision for power users who use vpns for more thsn bypassing restrictions on multimedia websites, some of us use vpn for accessing our funds on online payment systems who are strict on how you access your account, a slight change in your ip address can ruin years of hardwork as cash of many has been stranded cause of this oversight
PC user interface; the ux team must be headed by someone who is as lazy as lazy can get as he somehow maneuvered his way to port the smartphone interface on personal computers and it is an eye sore.
Privacy; with hma you don't have all the privacy you paid for as some information that might make you uncomfortable is being collected as you surf the net

Hello,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback.
We have shared it with our developers.

We will use your suggestion to improve our service.

• Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Monday A.
Freelancer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 26.11.2018

"One of the best VPN I have used "

Kommentare: HideMyAss is good and for business wise it will be one of the best because of multiple servers and one license can be used on multiple computers and mobile gadget.

Vorteile: HideMyAss is one of the best VPN I have used and really efficient because of the several and multiple servers the have. They have over 10,000 servers and that gives me the choice to select any server location that I wish to use. It is equally cheap compared to other VPN services. I will recommend this VPN service to any person who is looking for a cheap VPN service with multiple location and their customer service is very fast and efficient and always respond to any inquiries.

Nachteile: HideMyAss is good but I discovered that some of their servers are not really good. It is either they are blacklisted or their DNS will be showing that of your country which you resides and that is not suppose to be so. Unless you contact their customer care before they will fix it. They should try and check on their servers before they give it out to the public for use.

von Privax an 13.12.2019

Thank you for your comment, we're happy to know you are content with our service, your satisfaction is our top-most priority.

When it comes to DNS issue that you describe, we'd be glad to help you with it, just contact us here please https://goo.gl/JUYit9 we'll do all we can to resolve the issue.

• Bewertet am 26.11.2018
Iyanu V.
  • Bewertet am 7.11.2018

"Fast & Good VPN but can also be deceptional"

Vorteile: HMA has plenty of IPs available for almost all countries in the World and keeps no logs of any of them, it is totally secure and very fast.
It has all the feature a standard VPN should have including kill switch, Cross-Platform Support, one-click connect and disconnect, and so on.

Nachteile: Only a few locations in the USA, Canada, and the UK work perfectly, selecting a city in the USA might end up with you having the IP of Czech Republic and this is the same with some of the P2P enabled locations.
It is best to verify the IP and Country for each location so as to be sure.

von Privax an 13.12.2019

Thank you for your feedback.
When it comes to locations, we tend to have at least one server in every state.
We're known to have more server locations than any other provider. If you need some specific location, please wire here https://goo.gl/JUYit9, we'll pass your feedback to our networking team.
As for Czech Republic issue, it has been mostly resolved by now.

• Bewertet am 7.11.2018
Desmond N.
Document Controller
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.8.2018

"HMA is fast and secure"

Kommentare: My overall experience with HMA has been good especially in the diversity of its VPN server network.

Vorteile: HMA is very fast and secure and I can say that HideMyAss is about the best VPN out there. It is cost effective compared to a lot of VPN software and services out there. It has servers in almost all the countries of the world and I find this very convenient for my work and its servers are fast. The fact that it has several server options for every country makes it even more attractive. The setup is also easy and seamless. You can use it on different types of devices too. It also has secure OPenVPN encryption and no ip leaks.

Nachteile: The Windows client interface may be a little confusing for new users especially in selecting servers. I hated that HMA does nt have IPv6 protection and support sometimes cannot answer more technical questions.

• Bewertet am 20.8.2018
Okikiola B.
Business Owner
  • Bewertet am 12.4.2019

"For good connection and anonymous surfing"

Kommentare: I was able to bypass some country restrictions.

Vorteile: I purchased a subscription for 1 year and i've been enjoying it so far. I can connect up to 5 devices at once. I love this specially because they provide server in all states in USA. They have a fast live customer chat too.

Nachteile: I believe their fee is a bit high. I was able to purchase mine because i was given a promo code. Also, this VPN connects wronglt to another location sometimes. I may choose to connect to New York but HMA will give me CZECH REPUBLIC IP Address. They should work more on this.

Hello,

Thank you for your rate.

Please allow us to explain that the price is as it is because maintaining our number of servers, and other qualities require costs.

When it comes to the Cz issue you describe, please feel free to contact us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9, we'd be glad to help you

• Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Peter V.
Web Developer
  • Bewertet am 10.5.2019

"A good VPN provider ,but definitely not the best"

Vorteile: A fairly rich and varied selection of addresses ,most of which are quick to load .

Nachteile: I began with the free addresses they posted on their sites and gradually moved to premium when they removed that . Since then there has been a constant drop in the quality of service and VPNs you get ,eventually leaving me to switch .

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

The free addresses that you mention are actually free web proxy and they are still available here https://www.hidemyass.com/en-eu/proxy

However, as we are a VPN provider, we focus more on VPN

A VPN will automatically encrypt your entire Internet connection and as such all applications on your computer will be secured, whereas with a web proxy, you'll need to configure certain applications manually (such as your web browser). VPNs use stronger encryption methods and are therefore considered more secure than web proxies.

• Bewertet am 10.5.2019
Carolyn Y.
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 16.7.2019

"Great for finding proxy servers"

Vorteile: So ok, I will admit it... I use this software for gaming. I use it to vote for myself in a game so I can get greater rewards... cheating? yes... I know it... But to review the software, its great! It gives you many choices of proxy servers to hide behind, and they are seamless. theres no lag when on a proxy, and it works wonderfully. Definitely recommend.

Nachteile: Not as many American proxys as I'd like to see.

Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

We're understand you would prefer even more US servers, however, please mind we have them more than any other provider.

To find a complete list of our server locations, please follow this link: https://www.hidemyass.com/servers

• Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Sudeep A.
Language Analyst
Verlagswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.4.2019

"Popular but maybe not the best now"

Vorteile: It is still quite fast. It unblocks even Netflix! There are many servers all over, so works well even when I'm travelling. I can use it on Mac as well as Windows computers, and the interface is easy! The choices of modes is also convenient.

Nachteile: It stores the IPs. Not reliable in China.

von Privax an 13.12.2019

Thank you for your comment.

Although China blocks VPN connections in general, it may be still possible to use HMA depending on your ISP provider and type of network you use. We encourage you to test our VPN as we offer 30 days money back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose!

• Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Caleb T.
Wireless Consultant
Rundfunk, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.3.2018

"Decent VPN for whatever your needs may be."

Vorteile: Definitely good for remaining anonymous on the web from snooping eyes. It also can help you get around blocked websites blocked by many orgabizations. Always connects and not many issues.

Nachteile: I use The free version, which you don't get to choose your server. You usually get a foreign one which can mess with search results. If you're on a paid an you do get to choose US locations, which are faster and localized. Guess it comes down to whether youbwanna pay or not.

• Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Product Manager
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.2.2019

"Good VPN Service"

Kommentare: It is a relatively good product - been on the market for a number of years which adds credibility and trust. However since this didn't work 100% of the time I stopped using the service.

Vorteile: You're able to select from 280 locations in terms of IP to use. This gives enough flexibility and ability to access almost any website on the internet.

Nachteile: The service still doesn't work with all platforms online, so I wouldn't say this is the only service you need to watch "anything" online.

von Privax an 13.12.2019

Thank you for your rate, we're glad that you are mostly happy with our service.

When it comes to streaming, although VPN is a completely legitimate way to virtually change your IP address, many online services are trying to fight this workaround for their restrictions.

• Bewertet am 4.2.2019
Irena M.
Sales Agent
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.12.2018

"It does indeed hideyourass "

Vorteile: There is a fairly rich selection of https VPNs ,which are normally quick .Works as advertised

Nachteile: There are cheaper options with a richer selection .

Thank you for your review.

Regarding the price matter, we'd like to explain that certain quality requiters costs.
We offer more servers than any other VPN, and maintaining them requires costs. We also offer a completely free multilingual customer support that loves helping to our clients.

• Bewertet am 1.12.2018
Tara S.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.10.2018

"Excellent VPN for the price"

Vorteile: price, functionality, ease of use, user interface and customer service. Masks your internet signatures really well

Nachteile: auto renewal, there is free VPN's out there that save you money

Hello,

Thank you for your review. It is a great compliment to us!
Feel free to check out our newest version that has new features.
Should you need any help, feel free to contact us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9 we'll be glad to assist you.

• Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Phil H.
Senior Lecturer
  • Bewertet am 3.4.2018

"Worked brilliantly for me for a couple of years but struggled to keep up with blockers"

Vorteile: HMA was very easy to set up and use and I used it happily for a number of years. Always found their support very responsive, patient and helpful. Used across devices successfully.

Nachteile: As HULU and Netflix and others got better at blocking VPNs, I found that HMA struggled to keep up and ahead. I eventually found another VPN that was able to immediately respond and changed.

• Bewertet am 3.4.2018
Senior Marketing Manager
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.4.2019

"Great for checking geo restricted campaigns"

Vorteile: We often have to check tracking of campaigns that are geo restricted, thus we need a way to make it appear that we are accessing the URL from another location. This is where HideMyAss comes in. The interface is easy to use and makes it quick to access the desired IP location.

Nachteile: Speed hasn't always been blazing, but that it's not a problem for our purposes.

von Privax an 13.12.2019

Thank you for your comments, your input means a great deal to us.

When it comes to the speed, the thign is that when you use VPN, the speed varies due to the distance between you, your ISP and the VPN server you're connected to. Furthermore, due to security protocols and VPN encryption, you can expect somewhat slower than normal speeds.

Feel free to contact us directly regarding this matter.

• Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Victor W.
Customer Representative
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.4.2018

"Browsing anonymously "

Vorteile: I love the logo ,it reeks personality .The selection if IPs is rich ,which is very good when you need to change them regularly .

Nachteile: However one of the reasons for needing to change regularly is that a lot of the IPs are slow or dead as a whole. There is definitely room for improvement there .

• Bewertet am 22.4.2018
  • Bewertet am 1.5.2018

"Straightforward easy to use, handy and gets the job done for me"

Vorteile: Fast and efficient while still remaining anonymous. Although not as versatile or as powerful as other softwares in this same industry, this gets the job done and has a long standing reputation.

Nachteile: It could be alittle more feature rich with functionality, and it can be clunky sometimes I have experienced when loading it up initially, but overall it is a great proxy software to use that I recommend.

• Bewertet am 1.5.2018
Kate L.
Branch Manager
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.1.2019

"An great VPN tool with convenient and efficient features. "

Vorteile: This tool is a great VPN service. We can buy subscription packages at quite low rates. Their service is quite efficient and we can access any country and their respective divisions with this tool . We can also favorite our servers and keeps them using again and again. It allows secure browsing with protection from hackers and location trackers. Customer service is also very helpful which helps and guides in a very productive manner.Overall, a great service.

Nachteile: Been using this tool for a while and haven't faced any issues at all. I'm very much happy with the service and the tool.

Thank you for your review.
Your satisfaction is our utmost priority, and we are happy to have ecstatic clients like you.

Thank you for using HMA!

• Bewertet am 30.1.2019
Luke S.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.12.2018

"Great VPN at Great Price"

Vorteile: We have been using Hide my Ass for years and the price to value rating is unbeatable

Nachteile: They could add some more cities to the current ones.

von Privax an 13.12.2019

Thank you for your comment,your opinion s very important to us.
When it comes to the cities that we're missing, could you please share with us which cities would you need. Just drop an email to us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9

• Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Dragi P.
Programmer
  • Bewertet am 28.3.2018

"Easy and safe to use"

Vorteile: I really like this app it's great for safe browsing the internet, I really like because its so fast in connecting in other servers, and really lightweight application.

Nachteile: There is not much that is bad on this software, but when i use it on my Android device sometimes when i open it the app crashes.

• Bewertet am 28.3.2018
Dennis N.
Software Engineer
  • Bewertet am 9.3.2018

"Am using it while developing an application that is only availlable in some countries."

Vorteile: I like the most that it's pretty simple to use and fast, also the search bar makes my life complete because sometimes i need to connect to a specifc city and i dont have to search in that huge dropdown.

Nachteile: I don't like that the window is very small and i feel like they could go for a bigger one and show more information in one screen only, then it could be possible to operate this app without many clicks and navigations through the screens.

• Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Marco antonio P.
Director de operaciones
  • Bewertet am 23.5.2018

"Hide My Ass it's a expensive VPN with a powerful Secure OpenVPN encryption"

Kommentare: Hide My Ass allows me to browse anonymously on the internet and it prevents anyone lurking on my local network from monitoring or intercepting my network activity.

Vorteile: It has a huge number of fast servers, it allows five simultaneous connections, with a great in Android app, it's come with a powerful Secure OpenVPN encryption.

Nachteile: Relies heavily on virtual server locations, it has a poor customer service, it's expensive, and does not have a ad blocking protection.

• Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Andrew M.
Hypnotist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.2.2019

"A good VPN, but with some flaws."

Kommentare: It seemed good, but definitely not a good price, although not the highest far.
The app works fine on my device. But if there is an issue I never had any luck with customer service. I just gave up.
If they sorted out the privacy issues (which surely is the main reason for using VPN), I would consider them in the future.

Vorteile: This was easy to use and seemed to do a good job. They have worldwide servers and the speeds seemed good and steady.

Nachteile: I could not get Netflix. Reports and reviews showed security issues, and they have to give up certain information to government agencies This seems to defeat the purpose. Can only use 2 devices with an account. That seems too limiting.

Could you please contact us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9

as we assure you our service does work with Netflix.
It will be our pleasure to assist you.

• Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Donald R.
Substance Abuse Counselor
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.1.2019

"Best name ever"

Vorteile: Start with the name, its the BEST. It delivers as advertised, was able to safely and securely browse confidential sites with confidence

Nachteile: There are no cons for this software, I was pleasantly surprised and will continue past trial

von Privax an 13.12.2019

Thank you for your comment!
Having great, happy customers like you is the best reason for us to improve our services and deliver awesome VPN to you.

Enjoy using our service and and feel free to contact us if you happen to have any questions or if you ever need any help.

• Bewertet am 21.1.2019
Technical Associate
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.8.2018

"Works better in some countries than others, but great customer service"

Kommentare: Not good for bypassing the firewall in China, but otherwise it's worth considering.

Vorteile: Straightforward to install and use. It has a free trial, which is better than some other VPNs which only offer a one-month money back guarantee. When it didn't work for me, the customer service was prompt to reply my refund request and I got my money back in 2 day.

Nachteile: Got HideMyAss to access my email and other blocked sites on my work trip to Mainland China, but it was so slow it was barely usable. Works fine in Hong Kong but unfortunately I didn't need it there. Many VPNs that works well elsewhere doesn't work in China so it wasn't too surprising.

• Bewertet am 16.8.2018