A very positive and reliable VPN experience

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Mechanical Engineer
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really like how easy to use it is. A small and simple software without any unnecessary extra bows or ribbons. I originally got this as a free trial several years ago and it has been the main VPN software that I've used ever since. You can pay for the service per month, quarterly, or annually, and the monthly cost is lowered for longer subscriptions. I am now on my fourth annual subscription and still have very few complaints. Fantastic customer service! I had to contact them last year due to a problem I was having with accessing a tv service. I called tech support and my issue was resolved within minutes. They explained why I was having the issue and walked me through how to change my setting and what it all meant. The smart location option when connecting is really helpful and always connects me to the fastest option for internet speed. I like that you can also run a speed test to check the current download and upload speeds for all the other locations offered. If your connection ever drops you get a notification immediately and it blocks all internet traffic until the connection is reestablished again - an awesome feature for peace of mind! I mostly use ExpressVPN on my macbook, but sometime use it on my phone and tablet. My experience using their apps has been just as pleasant.

Nachteile: I have very little negative to say about this software, and I can be particularly picking when I'm paying for a subscription based service. One issue I have been experiencing recently is that the connection drops momentarily when ever I connect my iphone to my computer via a USB cable.

Express vpn review

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Opeyemi O.
English Teacher
Internet, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Privacy; as someone looking to stay low on the internet without detection of your activities and exploits, express vpn is the best of the best to get the job done, there's a long list of encryption put in place to ensure the smallest of details about you doesn't get out to anyone who's looking to make illegitimate money off your privacy.
Logging; this is a lot more like privacy but here, you're not fighting against external forces i.e hackers trying to pry into your activities, here, the battle is against a known friend. As against other vpns, express vpn operate from a country that does not require the business to submit a report of their customers internet activities for whatever reason. This is a win situation for the increasing user base.
Speed; vpn shifts your worry from privacy issue to network speed issue but with express vpn, there has been nothing to worry about as internet connection remains as swift as ever.
Extended features; with express vpn, you get a cross platform client that's for every popular smartphone and personal computer operating system anf it is easy to download as all you will need to do is login to your dashboard and a download link for the right client for the device you are using at the moment will pop up. Even better, you can save yourself the hassle of encrypting your whole browsing experience with the use of express vpn extensions which helps to keep your activities secluded to just your browser.

Nachteile: Pricing; the pricing for this vpn client is not what you can call exorbitant but it is surely above average and its making a lot of users scamper to cheaper alternatives.
Maximum connections allowed; with express vpn, you are only privy to being logged in from 3 devices, anything outsides of that is an impossibility, a feature which leaves you stranded if your plan is to subscribe for family usage.

Go infinity and beyond!

Bewertet am 31.8.2019
Imadur rozan S.
Student
Architektur & Planung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this is the fastest VPN app i've ever used according to my experience and usage. it let me open many famous restricted and exclusive web like reddit and some other webs as these webs have so much interesting discussion and information that can't be found on other websites due to its large community base, yet this app doesn't trace any of your privacy or web activities and keep you safe from being tracked or hacked while browsing, this app worth the bucks!

Vorteile: Lots of things, it has the basic function just like most of VPN apps, you can surf on web without having to worry too much about being track and trace by hacker or anonymous whether you're on phone or deskop, this app is available on multiple platform and operating system! if you're the person who seek for faster VPN connection, this is the app. And no matter where you live, this app will let you open any web without extra effort like adding private dns because some famous webs are blocked and restricted to some countries like Reddit.

Nachteile: despite the high speed connection this app offer, the subscription fee of this app is quite pricy compare to the rest of other VPN apps. if you just want to change the IP address or opening some blocked webs and not a long term user, you might want to consider the price you have to pay. Also, there are some bugs on smartphone device version like the app keep starting by itself even with the auto start turned off which cause battery drain on some occasion.

Works everywhere, works easily

Bewertet am 17.5.2019
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter

Kommentare: I work for an international business that frequently needs to test content performance and scheduling tools across the world. With ExpressVPN, I'm able to easily conduct all of that testing from the comfort of my desk, within minutes.

Vorteile: Frequently, I need to check web content performance from IP addresses around the world, and ExpressVPN is perfect for my purposes. It's simple to use, works quickly, and I've never experienced any IP leaks, which is huge. I also like the variety of devices and services supported by this software. At work and at home, I have installed and used ExpressVPN on multiple computers, phones, and even Android TV boxes, and it works easily and flawlessly every time. ExpressVPN also works for accessing region-locked services that some other prominent VPN software can't access.

Nachteile: I had a strange issue with ExpressVPN reconnecting upon my laptop being turned on, despite that feature being disabled. It seems to have stopped, but it made for some minor annoyance on more than one occasion.

Express Vpn

Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Damilola M.

Vorteile: Express VPN has been my number one vpn for a long time, in terms of speed, user friendly and good functional mobile app. Express Vpn has great security features with 24/7 customer support on chat. When I was introduced to Express Vpn what really prompted me to subscribe was their 30 day money back guarantee because I had it at the back of my mind in case express vpn disappoint I will surely request for my money back which I didn't because their service was great.

Nachteile: Express Vpn is costly compare to other great vpn in the market and express vpn only allows maximum of three device connection for a subscription at a time, other vpn allow more than 3 device connection. When three connection is reached and I want to connect another device I will have to disconnect one from the three connected devices.

Dependable, flexible for anything up to enterprise-grade needs

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Jacob B.
Writer/Editor
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: We have a client for whom any high-bandwidth connections were getting choked by our Mexico-based ISP. Since bandwidth meant lost-money, this was a problem. The solution was to VPN to a location physically close to the client; however, not all VPNs are made equal. After getting weak throughput from another VPN service, ExpressVPN was recommended. The free trial sustained the necessary bandwidth, as well as giving us the flexibility to deploy the desktop client (send all traffic from a single PC through VPN), as well a policy-route at the router level (send only traffic destined for a specific address through the VPN).

Vorteile: Fast (enough) throughput
Available both for router-level configuration AND as an app
Easy to use

Nachteile: My router tells me that the OpenVPN parameters (supplied by ExpressVPN) are less than ideal
Not overly flexible to enterprise-level configurations
Router-level config for DD-WRT doesn't allow dynamic server selection (not a big deal, but it would be nice)

It does its job well

Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Kinan J.
Customer Service Agent

Kommentare: Overall it is a great application that does basically one thing. Hide your IP. It doesn't need to do anything else.

Vorteile: Basically it is what it is. A VPN application that you can use to hide your IP as you are browsing the internet and it does its job so well without any issues whatsoever. It is basically great.

Nachteile: If you do not update it you might face some issues with your application. I have faced issues with half of the app was black.

I literally use this software everyday

Bewertet am 1.5.2018
Kasey B.
Adjunct Professor of Political Science
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've tried almost every single VPN, and these are the best I've ever used. Stick with Express, don't waste your time on any other VPN that could expose your data.

Vorteile: I 100% cannot recommend this software more. I use it daily, it protects my network for anything I'm trying to do. Super easy to setup, doesn't straddle bandwidth, they delete all the meta data, and I've never once gotten any privacy notice while using this software . It's also one of the cheapest companies out there for what you get, pretty much just hit the On/off button and it does the rest. Never needed to contact support, but they were quick in helping me when I needed assistance.

Nachteile: It doesn't get through some of the video networks like Hulu or netflix if you are trying to access content from outside the country or to access content from other counties. I've literally don't know any software gets around that though.

Generally good but not perfect

Bewertet am 31.8.2019
Suzanne S.
Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Vorteile: It is pretty easy to set up and use. For one subscription, I can install it on both my phone and my computer, and it functions the same in either place. I also really love how many different countries it has servers in, so I am usually able to find one close to where I need it for that day.

Nachteile: I've caught it a few times where it said I was connected to a server in one city, but when I looked up my current IP address, it showed a completely different city in the same country. So if you need to be precise with exactly where your IP is coming from, this might not be the service for you. Updating the software to new versions when updates come out is also more cumbersome than it should be. You click on the update, and it takes you to the website to download and install the update yourself. There is no auto update.

Easy to use and effective software to protect your identity

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Tim C.
Family Life Pastor

Vorteile: ExpressVPN is as simple to use as anything on the market. It's large "power" button interface and it's automatic disconnect feature that cuts off your internet connection if the VPN loses connectivity make it simple for people with no networking or VPN experience previously. It effectively protects your IP address and identity at a time when that kind of private information is bought and sold through online companies for advertising and other purposes. It is also useful in viewing content that is regional specific or logging into work networks that require a local IP address as you can select what region you want to be in. It takes the complexity out of a relatively complex approach to online interactions. Even the simple included Speed Test is a nice touch for making sure your VPN is an optimal distance from your actual location.

Nachteile: The only drawback is the price. There are other, cheaper options available if you know a little about VPN's already. However, I would add that this is still the most intuitive and practical interface available. So in my opinion it is worth a few extra dollars.

The best VPN out there (This one actually works with netflix)

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Product Designer
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great, easy to use a top notch customer support team and the ease of mind that gives using a VPN is great. And for me one of the biggest points on favor as I mentioned is that you can actually use Netflix with this VPN.

Vorteile: - Customer support is great: Setting up things like tv's, and other devices can be tricky but the customer support team guided me all along.
- Your internet speed doesn't suffer, I didn't noticed any drop in speed while connected to the VPN
- Apps for all platforms and connecting is really fast using them
- Really secure

Nachteile: It can be a bit pricy compared with the other options in the market. But it has great security, has the plus of working with netflix and the customer support is great too.

ExpressVPN - a very useful software for the people who appreciate its value

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Srikar K.
Research Analyst
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ExpressVPN fundamentally has a very limited use case that's noticeable for most people. Unless you have domain restrictions on your internet or you want access to content that's not native to your country, you're likely getting this for "security." It's a bit expensive for my tastes considering I don't exactly have any of the above use cases occurring regularly.

Vorteile: It's incredibly easy to spin up and use expressVPN and it works like a charm. The VPN experience is pretty seamless and works pretty much anywhere I go. When traveling internationally, it's incredibly reliable as well.

Nachteile: It seems expensive for the amount I use it. I never really have any restricted domains at work or personally, so that use case isn't very meaningful to me. I sometimes use it to access content not native to the US but that's few and far between. I ultimately probably wouldn't pay the ~100/year fee if I didn't get an initial discount.

Best and Fastest VPN on Mobile and Desktop

Bewertet am 7.11.2018
Iyanu V.

Vorteile: You can't go wrong with the ExpresVPN quality, the speed and security are very reliable that it even connects on low networks.
It allows users to choose their preferred network connection protocol and there is no IP leak (even webRTC), it takes care of everything automatically.

Nachteile: Shutting down or Sleeping a PC can cause a big disturbing issue if you are connected to an ExpressVPN location and have network lock on. It doesn't disable network lock automatically, you have to do it manually and it might not be easy.

You get what you pay for.

Bewertet am 16.1.2018
Ken W.
Associate Warden

Vorteile: I love that you can flash your router with this software and not have to worry about it anymore. Additionally, if, for some reason, the vpn goes down, no traffic goes through at all. You are forced to log into the system to correct the issue - all the time your traffic is secured. If you set up the software through your router, everything is protected without worry of going over the number of active connections.

Nachteile: The cost is higher than other options although not as efficient as ExpressVPN. Further, you do lose quite a bit of bandwidth using this VPN. Connecting through the VPN yields a speed of ~50Mbps vs ~230Mbps without a vpn on the same network.

Express VPN: My review

Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Blogger and Publisher
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As an online networker express vpn helps with server switches and helps create a perfect working experience. I particularly enjoyed the 30-day money back option and was glad i didn't have to ask for a refund. Additionally the quick and ever ready customer response is amazing and top notch. The software comes highly recommended

Vorteile: looking for a vpn with over 80 countries' server from the UK to the US? then express vpn is your go to software. Fast and reliable. It is also easy to switch between servers without loosing your work. They also offer a 30-day money back feature which was precisely what endeared me to the software in the first instance.

Nachteile: when you own a system with limited storage space and less than 2gb RAM then you might experience that express vpn freezes occasionally and you might have to always force shut the software which might interfere with your work.

Traveling securely with a laptop made easy

Bewertet am 2.6.2019
Consultant

Kommentare: I took a trip to Central Europe several months ago and was taking my laptop. Being paranoid, I was concerned about my laptop getting hacked when I used public wifi. ExpressVPN offers pretty reasonable/competitive pricing and after reading a lot of reviews, I liked the easy install and configuration options. I signed up for their annual plan (which saves you some money) and have used it on my laptop and phone without a problem. I feel a lot more secure when accessing email and logging into websites. I am using it on a Mac so can't speak to the ease of use on Windows - but as far as Macs go, it's really simple to set it up and get it going.

Vorteile: It was very easy to set up an account and get it installed and initially configured.

Nachteile: Can be tricky to refine initial configuration

Essential for Multinational Organizations!

Bewertet am 25.8.2019
Incoming Global Navigator Participant
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with ExpressVPN has been pretty solid thus far and I believe that this is the service that I will continue to be using for a while for my VPN needs. I would reccomend for others to give this a try if they require such a service.

Vorteile: ExpressVPN is a great tool for any organization that has operations in multiple countries. As a nonprofit organization that operates programs in multiple African countries, a lot of traveling happens throughout different countries. As a result, we must rely on ExpressVPN to continuously be able to use services and websites that we rely on despite wherever we may be. What I really like about ExpressVPN is how we can choose what country we want to be set in so that we can continuously get reliable VPN service.

Nachteile: What I liked the least about ExpressVPN is that sometimes it can be unreliable and during these times, I turn to free alternatives that sometimes work better. I think that for a service that charges a pretty high subscription fee, ExpressVPN does need to improve its service for some locations so that it can be more reliable for users. In addition, it can also take a long time to connect to a VPN at times.

This is the one

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Writer, Researcher, Mentor & Consultant - Exercise and Strength and Conditioning
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've had nothing but positive experiences with ExpressVPN - would not do without it.

Vorteile: I tried a couple of VPN providers but Hulu and Netflix were outwitting them. Discovered ExpressVPN on a search for a solution. Wow it is great. Easy to configure and run (I have tablets, laptops and Apple TV). Great online support when I stumbled. Highly recommended.

Nachteile: Well cost is always a downer, but this is reasonable value.

One of the best VPNs if not the best...

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
O. kelvin K.
Copywriter
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Helps me hide my IP addresses due to the nature of my work. My anonymity is very important and thanks to Express VPN.

Vorteile: I constantly need VPN to hide my IP address due to the nature of my work, and Express VPN has been up to the task. I have used some other VPN services in the past, but this is by far the best for me. Anonymity is very high and consistent as well.

Nachteile: I think the price is a bit high, my personal opinion though. And I would love to have a lifetime access deal sometime in the future.

Best VPN I've tried

Bewertet am 28.3.2019
Lissa Y.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Vorteile: This VPN is more stable than others I've tried. I rarely have an issue with a site recognizing I'm using a VPN. Works seamlessly with everything I do online. Well worth the money! EXCELLENT customer service!

Nachteile: I only had a glitch once while loading on a new device. Customer service walked me through it in minutes.

The most reliable VPN I've used

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Daniella A.
PR & Social Media Team Lead

Kommentare: If the idea of a VPN sounds intimidating to you, I would highly recommend ExpressVPN. It's super simple to use and certainly beats out the free alternatives.

Vorteile: I actually wrote a review about different VPNs for the website I write for. I tested out a number of VPNs, and I found that ExpressVPN was the best. It's the only VPN I use in my personal life. Once you download the app and set up an account, you just choose the location, click the button, and just like that it's as if you're in a different location. This has been super helpful when researching region-specific things like internet and cable. Oh, and I also use this to watch NBA games on NBA League Pass.

Nachteile: I honestly don't have much to say. It would be nice if it was free, but I'm fine coughing up the few bucks every month for the service.

Was looking for the best VPN for personal use and this is it!

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Insurance Agent
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Knowing my information is always secured is a huge weight off of my shoulders.

Vorteile: The best part is all of the features that come with this software. You are easily able to install the software on multiple devices and it functions perfectly across the board. I love that the VPN automatically re-connects once I wake my laptop back up, so that, my information is always secured.

Nachteile: If there were any, I'd say price. But for everything that you are getting, I really can't complain. Some other VPN programs are less expensive but you really need to look at what you are giving up by going with someone else.

Perfect VPN | Express VPN

Bewertet am 2.1.2019
Muhammad S.
Lead Talent Sourcer for Account / Project Management & Business Development
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Simply the best VPN of the world with cheapest available rate. Perfect in security and easy to change locations. I am simply in love with it.

Vorteile: * Tight Security
* Easy to use
* Click through location change
* Low in rate
* King of the VPN

Nachteile: * Nothing
* I don't hate this software
* I hate haters

The best VPN I've tried

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Suzanne M.
Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use ExpressVPN every single day and depend on it greatly. It is the best I have tried by far of about five options.

Vorteile: Fast, diverse, and stable. I depend on ExpressVPN daily and it is consistently excellent.

Nachteile: Sometimes there are connection issues, but the same is true with any VPN.

The Best VPN I've used

Bewertet am 21.12.2017
Nathan P.
Young Adult & Communications Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I've tried many VPNs. I've been willing to pay for a more secure/private connection, but too often it came at the price of speed. Videos and video conferencing were often unusable on other VPNs. However, when I tried ExpressVPN, there was almost no difference in speed. I actually felt like some sites loaded faster!
Also, the fact that you can use it on multiple devices is a huge plus.

Nachteile: I've been using ExpressVPN daily and the only issue I have is that some sites like Walmart will block you because it sees the VPN IP address as a spam/blacklisted IP.