Über ProWritingAid

Eine Software für die Grammatikprüfung, Stilverbesserung und das Terminologiemanagement, um sicherzustellen, dass Texte immer von höchster Qualität sind.

Erfahre mehr über ProWritingAid

This makes using ProWritingAid seamless and convenient. It also saves me time when I'm writing because the process is so intuitive and easy.

I do not find anything about this software a negative.

Bewertungen zu ProWritingAid

ProWritingAid hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 459 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ProWritingAid bereits verwendet?

carole

Geno
Geno
Assistant Civil Engineer in USA
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

An excellent writing instrument weighted toward its thoroughness.

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I am absolutely in love with this composition tool. We feel thankful for having it.

This writing aid is a perfect example of meticulous development.

ProWritingAid is not yet as compatible as the weaker Microsoft Editor product.

Paul
Senior System Analysis in Kanada
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best integrations

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I used Grammarly for 10 years but recently they keep threatening to discontinue support of integrations. Thier Microsoft Office Integration was official discontinued over a year ago although it is still available and functional but not promoted. Grammarly integrations are not that great and their where no improvements, things just got worse. The integrations in ProWritingAid all work and are easy to install.

ProWritingAid has the best integrations into Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Applications, and Web Browsers. Its standalone editor although based on Chrome, is very function and works well and imports a wide range of file formats. Rephrase sentence is a key functionality of ProWritingAid. If it determines something is not correct in your sentence, it will offer two alternatives. Often it will combine sentences when that makes sense to do so. It is quite uncanny how it can understand the meaning in your sentence and say the same thing in less words. Sometimes it gets the meaning of the sentence all wrong but I have learned ProWritingAid can't understand my grammar, neither will my readers and I best start again.

ProWriting Aid works differently than other products, such as Grammarly. Corrections in Grammarly are series of changes to each sentence till is "right" it is interactive, and each correction takes several edits. ProWritingAid offers to rephrase your sentences. The approach is different, and it takes some getting use too, but now that I've been using ProWritingAid for a while I prefer its approach.

Peter
Content Creator in Slowakei
Glücksspiel & Casinos, Selbstständig

Great Tool for Extremely Short Texts, Monumental Fail Otherwise

Kommentare: Sharing my two cents about ProWritingAid that I purchased a lifetime licence for: If you're reviewing texts about 300 - 400 words in length at maximum, you'll be happy with the tool. Otherwise, it's not worth the money. If you need a short-term solution, then by all means go for it but don't pay a buck for actually using the SW. I've been using the Word add-on for over three months now and if you want to use most of the tools on more than 800 words, the tool simply can't handle the 'load.' Usually, it breaks off after a minute or so and you can run the check again which normally doesn't help. You end up wasting a ton of your time and accomplish nothing at all. While the language advice and the correction improvements you get recommended are helpful, you're better off using Grammarly or another alternative if you're reviewing long chunks of text in one go and don't want to constantly copy-paste from Word to their interface and back which is a pain if you have to do that daily like myself.

Totally intuitive. If you know anything about how English, grammar and vocabulary alike, finding your way through the options and how they work will be a breeze. No learning curve. The tool as well as the report are perfectly self-explanatory. Easy-to-use online interface.

Useless add-on when dealing with texts of 800+ words. Constant copy-pasting to and from the online interface wasting your time.

Judy
Book to MoneyMaker Coach in USA

Write Well with ProWritingAid

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It improves my communication and saves me time and money. It is a must-have tool for writers of all genres.

It is thorough. I learn how to write with more clarity and accuracy. I can clean up my writing before I hand it off to a human editor for the final editing. It saves me time and money.

The learning curve was steep when I started using the software.

Bethany
Editor in USA
Verlagswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best software of its kind

Kommentare: I personally find the Grammar and Spelling filters on the ProWritingAid checker to be most relevant to my personal needs. I would love to see ProWritingAid keep expanding and refining those particular checks! Right now, I feel that the software focuses more on passive voice and optional stylistic refinements than necessary while failing to catch some fairly obvious typos, but I have confidence that the software will just keep improving over time.

As a full-time editor, I get the editing software question almost weekly. I like to think of editing software as Microsoft Word's spelling and grammar check on steroids—it's a very similar process, but much more thorough. ProWritingAid is a fantastic last line of defense against rogue typos and subtle style errors.

Many users don't understand that editing software can't be used as a substitute for human eyes on their manuscript. Accepting all of ProWritingAid's changes without reviewing them will result in a stilted, strange manuscript! Instead, for best results, review changes individually, evaluating whether you feel that each change is relevant and necessary for your manuscript. This is also a great way to identify areas for improvement in your writing and improve over time! I would love to see ProWritingAid one day check for errors while users type or underline errors within the body of a Word document (as they do on their online interface) but I understand that their MS Word integration is new and features along those lines may be coming in the future!

Cassandra
Strategy Manager in USA
Staatsverwaltung, Selbstständig

GREAT! Life saver

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

It shows up on everything that I writing not just in WORD.

Great product no cons to share. I like that I can purchase a license vs using a subscription.

Ann
President in USA
Verlagswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

24-hour Employee

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: ProWritingAid is a tool I use every week, and sometimes every day. As a novelist, it's a blessing to have a set of tools that elevate my writing, enhance my editing abilities, and shave off multiple revisions on my part.

There are so many functions available. As a publisher, I can use the tools I need for editing or writing as needed.

There is a steeper learning curve because there are so many functions. This is not a complaint about the product. It takes some time to become proficient with all the tools.

Mark
Writer in UK
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, Selbstständig

New User Review

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

It is simple to use and offers good quality suggestions

Trying to make the Word for Mac extension work

Julie
Writer in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Best writing partner ever!

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: ProWritingAid has been a game-changer for me. Having it there to help me out has boosted my confidence and made me more productive.

ProWritingAid is always there, wherever I am working. I am always in control, but it's nice to have the program catching errors in real time. But the best part is when I can use it to read what I've written and make suggestions about how to say it better. Sometimes I just can't think of the right word, and it comes up with something perfect.

Occasionally it gets in the way when I'm not editing, but it's easy enough to turn it off.

Amanda
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

It's good but not my first choice.

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It's alright. The price point doesn't make it worth my while. The AI suggestions are alright. The system could use some tweaking to bring in more accuracy with the content being analyzed.

I love the ease of use. ProWritingAid is very easy to use.

When I submitted my manuscript to my proofreader, I was annoyed to hear my document was riddled with grammar mistakes. I spent hours using this software to proofread and it didn't really do what I had hoped...which is to catch grammar mistakes.

Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ProWritingAid is ideal for Professionals and Students alike

Kommentare: Not a bad thing to say about ProWritingAid thus far. It's inexpensive, and has helped tune my writing style so I'm faster and more confident about it. With all the tweaking options available (and plug-ability), you're almost never without it. That said, Grammarly has its purpose, and I'd perhaps consider keeping free Grammarly around for its browser-based tool. While I'd advocate using both, if only choosing one I'd opt for ProWritingAid.

I love how ProWritingAid plugs into MS Word and Scrivener, so both authors and other professionals can utilize the power of this service. The price is very affordable, and the features aren't matched by any competitors to my knowledge. It's great to also 'tune' PWA to your writing style, so it doesn't offer irrelevant suggestions. Another cool feature is Plagiarism checks, so if you hire blog content writers, you can check to see if their content is unique. The same is useful for students who want to check their work against internet sources.

While ProWritingAid is great, for some platforms that requires short snippets of content like e-commerce product pages, you may be better off with Grammarly. This is because PWA has more of a 'style' focus rather than 'grammar' focus. Perhaps the ultimate approach is to start with PWA to get your writing style mastered offline, then use Grammarly for browser-based usage when writing emails and short snippets of online content (to not get style suggestions where its superfluous).

Matt
CTO in UK
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ProWritingAid review. Notes from a small island (in the south pacific)

Kommentare: I've used the premium version for 18 months and have based my comments on my experience in that time. I use it both for work and for some of the creative writing I do. I'm a massive fan of using technology to improve how I work and ProWritingAid is right up there as one of the most useful tools I use. It makes a significant difference to how long it takes me to write a document. I write fewer iterations and am more confident in the quality of my first draft because of it. I feel like it's not just correcting my grammar, but also helping me to become a better writer. They have a free version as well as premium versions offering:
- monthly subscription
- yearly subscription
- lifetime license (approx 3.5x annual subscription)
I would strongly recommend it to anyone writing at work or at home. In my view, it is significantly better value than other editing and reviewing software on the market.

I like the fact that I can use it everywhere. It's available in Word, Chrome, and Google Docs. There's even a desktop application. I like the real-time checker that identifies the quick fixes. But the real value is in the deeper reports. Don't be put off by the number of them - my advice is to have find out which ones you find most useful. My favourites are: 1. Thesaurus report, which lets me quickly find better words to use. 2. Readability report, which focuses me on areas that I can improve. 3. Sticky sentences report, which helps me get straight to the point. Once you know which ones you use most, you can combine them (it's called a Combo report) and with one click, you've got detailed analysis of your writing.

All software has pros and cons. While ProWritignAid is no different, it is worth saying that they do seem focused on continual improvement. My main criticisms over the last 18 months have been: 1. No integration with Google Docs - this has now been released and works well. 2. It can be daunting how much it tells you about your writing but this is necessary - writing is complex. The more you use it, the better it gets. 3. When I was using the free version, the 500-word limit caught me out a few times. It's not an issue for any premium users, however.

Kennady

ProWritingAid - The Editing Software that you Need in Your Life

Kommentare: Overall, this software is the best I've ever worked with. It is beyond thorough, which is exactly what I needed for my novel editing needs. If you're on the line, get it, you won't regret it.

It's hard to pick just one thing, and ProWritingAid is a critical part of my writing process now. I'd say the absolutely thorough set of features is my favorite thing. They can pick up everything from simple grammar mistakes to things like adverb usage and filter words. I can't speak enough praise about them.

The dictionary and term base features don't always seem to work as intended. I'm not sure if it's an error on my side or not, but it would be nice to have the terms defined and have them show up in my writing as I go (so I can double check myself as I go). A way to add terms that aren't a CVS file would also be greatly appreciated.

Jovana
Director in Serbien
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ProWritingAid Will Make You More Than Pro Writer!

Kommentare: It helped me a great deal to improve my style. I initially used Grammarly and just of curiosity, I tried ProWritingAid -- only to learn that software can go beyond grammar and spelling. I feel like I grew as a writer by using ProWritingAid. However, it is a bit of pricey and perhaps some different grades/options can be introduced to satisfy variety of users.

ProWritingAid contains a number of features that will not only instantly correct and suggest alternative wording but that will gradually improve your overall writing skills. Unlike the popular competition, ProwritingAid has a more comprehensively take on writing, it goes beyond just correcting grammar and spelling but help you enhance your style as well. It provides a number of reports that can help you track the improvement of your writing skills. And of top of that, it works in Google Docs -- where all of my writing takes place. :)

It would be nice to have extensions for a variety of browsers, including Safari. But honestly, what I like the least about it is a price!

Andrew
propriater in Irland

Good Solid Produce

"I've been using ProWritingAid for quite some time, and as a person with profound dyslexia, it played a crucial role not only in helping me get through my degree and my MA but was also paramount during my PhD. One of the main selling points for me was the one-time payment option, although I'm not sure if they still offer it.The tool corrected all my spelling errors and helped me reconstruct sentences. Over time, I've noticed that this product has improved significantly. I especially appreciate the dedicated app for my Apple Mac, and its seamless integration with Word and other office programs."

While using ProWritingAid extensively, I've come across a few drawbacks. First, on the Apple platform, it's relatively easy to work around most issues, but the tool may not integrate seamlessly with Microsoft Word as you might expect.However, the dedicated app provides a wealth of information and is quite useful for more in-depth analysis. It's important to note that ProWritingAid may not be as fully functional as a dedicated AI writing program, but it's essential to understand that this tool was never intended for rewriting or completely generating crucial documents."

Floriana
Artist in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

The Best Writing Aid

Kommentare: While I am very keen at spotting other people's writing errors, I cannot spot my own unless it is too late, I either printed a document, published a blog or sent an email. It is embarrassing having the reader focused on spelling or grammatical errors, rather than getting your point across in communication. ProWritingAid prevents these mishaps with its add-ons for essential applications like Chrome or Google Docs.

One may think a professional writer with a degree in English would not need any piece of software to help with correcting and editing documents... Which would be true, unless that writer is not an absent-minded individual like myself. And here is where ProWritingAid really comes in handy. This wonderful tool keeps my writing in check with suggestions on spelling, grammar and style. I like it not taking over my documents and changing them without my input, like a spellchecker would normally do. ProWritingAid lets me choose and be in control.

No add-ons for MS Word alternatives like WPS Office or Open Office.

Juan
Juan
Pro Boxing Promotor/Manager in Philippinen
Sport, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Choice for Secure and Smart Grammar Checking

Kommentare: It literally takes a couple of minutes to figure out the user-friendly tools and setting up reports to review your areas for improvement. The software is currently number one on my grammar checking software list because it does not simply focus on writing mistakes, but also the overall written quality. ProWritingAid ultimately creates a way for you to for you to develop your writing skills while providing a fresh, impacting, unique, and error-free output for readers to enjoy.

It is a friendly editing, style, and grammar checker software that contains most of the useful features you could want as a professional, newbie writer, or editor. Once you have begun to use it, it takes less than ten minutes to figure it out. The software is intuitive and the toolbar is quick to understand and informative about your errors. It can easily locate repetitiveness in sentences, which I really like. Additionally, writers will be happy to know that Google Docs and Scrivener can be combined with ProWritingAid, which makes it a very convenient-to-use checker. I love that it is inexpensive and costs less than a hundred dollars for an annual subscription compared to other types of grammar software.

There are a couple of minor downsides like being unable to make corrections when it comes to writing with textboxes online; this feature would have been handy. Second, the software has no extensions available for iOS, Firefox, or Safari integration. LaTex, a popular document preparation system, is also unfriendly with the software. Lastly, Mac users cannot use the software because there is currently no available plugin for Microsoft Word. The advantages weigh out the inconveniences overall and it will only affect you if you are particular about integrating it with other tools.

Rex
Author in Kanada
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Only Praise for Pro Writing Aid.

Kommentare: My emails are smoother and without errors. My printed letters and business emails get quick responses because they appear to be sent by someone who knows what they are doing. I write humour. Humour works best when the writing is smart and competently executed.

I've written two novels and a collection of short stories in the past few years. They may not be great literature, but they are spelled correctly, the word usage is expansive and not repetitive, and the grammar is better than I could do on my own. PWA shines a light on bad habits and suggests alternatives. Just what I needed. It gently makes you rethink the tricky bits. Every office should be using PWA.

There are no negatives to speak of. With the desktop app, I can do very thorough edits on big chunks of text so there's really no problem. It's like having a non-scolding expert editor looking over my shoulder.

Writer in Italien

My Thoughts On PWA

Kommentare: I am enjoying PWA. I have been a user for over two years - I am a journalist and creative writer - I put it through its paces the first year and a half to see where and how I would use it. I am still learning what it can do. There are times that PWA Everywhere can get in the way; but for the most part it is a very useful tool.

I like having someone looking over my shoulder and helping me along with spelling and grammar. It's not always right, but it is good to have options.

There are times it gets in the way and its suggestions are too far off base to be used. You can not just use it blindly you still have to think about what you are doing and what you want to convey to your audience.

Naomi
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

I use ProWriting Aid daily to keep my editing polished and professional

Kommentare: My overall experience with ProWritingAid is excellent! It has made a definite difference in both my personal writing and my business as an editor. So much so, that I purchased the lifetime subscription. Thank you.

I find this one of the best tools for my own writing, as an author, and editing the writing of others. What I like most is that I can run reports on all aspects or specific aspects of the writing. It's like having an editorial analysis at my fingertips without having to input everything myself. This is invaluable to me.

What I like least is that there is a difference in American and British spellings in many circumstances. These present as errors, and can be bothersome to repeatedly encounter. It would be nice to be able to select the American version or the British version of the software to avoid this issue.

Biranchi
Writer in Nepal
Schreiben & Editieren, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ProWritingAid for Writer

Kommentare: I am averagely satisfied with this software because, on one hand, it helps to ensure grammatically correct quality writing, and on the other hand it gives too many grammar suggestions that sometimes frustrate the writer.

After using this software for almost eight months I can say it's a good choice for professional writers to maintain the quality of their writing. Particularly for academic writing, content writing, and causal writing job you can rely on this software. Its smart bots will give you relevant grammar recommendations like your high school teacher and you can choose to use your wisdom for editing. I feel it's better than Grammarly.

The software is not reliable for editing creative writing, scriptwriting, and the lines where there is maximum use of prepositions. Sometimes it gives too many suggestions and if done accordingly the writing will look very unnatural

Dee
Cheerlead New Economy Opportunities in Ghana
Personalwesen, Selbstständig

A Great Experience So Far

Kommentare: Once I edit a write up with it, I feel really confident that there won't be any missed typos or errors, which used to happen, especially with documents that underwent multiple revisions. Somehow I would always discover a tiny omission or typo just after I hit send or submitted a hard copy.

It's useful and relevant. The browser extensions have proved extremely handy. Once logged in. I can work on the fly in any web writing space without having to write in the main app or MS word, copy and paste. The Firefox extension is making corrections as I write this review right now.

Really can't think of any right now. Maybe the fact that occasionally it misses an error that Google Docs picks up instead. But those are rare.

Berkay
Junior Frontend Developer in Türkei
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

ProWritingAid checks and corrects any mistake

ProWritingAid is quite beneficial for Real time cheking and correcting the grammar mistakes done in front-end.

Style improvement and terminology management features of ProWritingAid should be developed in a more advance way.

Jordan
Jordan
Author in USA

ProWritingAid has literally helped me to become a better writer

Kommentare: I plug every single piece of writing that I do into ProWritingAid, and as a full time writer that means I use it often! I am writing a book write now and after the first draft is done I plan to plug each chapter into the program so I will have a cleaner copy for my editor to go through. I hope this will make the final product a higher quality. I recommend prowritingaid often to friends and colleagues and I plan to keep using it for the foreseeable future.

I love the setup and functionality of the program and how easy it is to use. It's easy to load up a document and have it analyze several layers of content. I love that it can 1) Spit out a summary of your documents grade and show you why it received a certain grade for each layer of analysis 2) Shows you how can improve the style of your writing and where you need to check again 3) Analyze your grammar and show you what you might need to correct I plug every single piece of sales copy I write into the program and it has helped me to pump out some great finished content.

At times I have lost data when the program has crashed or my computer has shut down unexpectedly. It doesn't auto save as I am used to from using google docs, and you need to be careful not to close out of the document until you either save it or copy and paste the content into its final destination. This is only a minor issue that boils down to user error mostly, but I would love an auto save feature to be added in.

Emilio
retired old dude in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

A helping hand for grammar

Kommentare: Pretty good. I think it has helped me think about composition and flow and being a more efficient writer.

I like the reports and the interactive help.

They are a bit aggressive when writing, interrupting with pop-ups without giving me chance to correct a mistake I know I've made. I would prefer a delay of a second or so between the time I click on a highlighted word and when the pop-up comes up. That would allow me to edit it on my own. It doesn't do as well allowing for stylistic choices, especially for fiction where a writer might make choices that may not be strictly governed by grammatical rigor. By far, they are really aggressive with passive voice, but sometimes that's what I want.