Über Wire

Eine Kollaborationsplattform mit höchsten Sicherheitsstandards.

Erfahre mehr über Wire

Security, customer service, look and feel, everything here we needed (almost everything, see below).

You have a limited choice of ring tones to choose from.

Bewertungen zu Wire

Wire hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 64 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Wire bereits verwendet?

Bruno B.
Bruno B.
Senior Scientist in Italien
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Wire use in clinical research

I'm the Principal Investigator of an NIH funded research study using Wire to deliver group therapy via text and video-calls to people with a serious mental illness. So far, participants and staff have greatly enjoyed the interface, its innovative features, and the user experience in general. In particular, the group video-conferencing feature allows for smooth and high-quality group calls from mobile devices. In summary, the software has exceeded our expectations in terms of reliability and functionality.

If I were to pick one area that could be improved, it would probably be the option to easily download and securely archive existing text-based group conversations, which isn't currently available. However, it is my understanding that Wire has plans to develop this feature moving forward.

Justin S.
CIO in USA

There is only one nation who backs their commitment to privacy with laws which apply to all.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Brilliant and easy to use.

I like that their encryption is not just SOTA, but that each and every message is it's own fortress with it's own unique key. I love that the infrastructure is located in Swiss territory with the only respectable commitment to it by law.

I absolutely have no qualms with WIRE, whatsoever.

vor 11 Monaten

Hi Justin Stoicovy, Thanks for such positive feedback! We are very happy to hear that you, as a long time customer, are satisfied with our secure collaboration tool.

Kshama N.
Sofware Engineer Trainee in Indien
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

wire @need some changes

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall it's good , but few things needed to improve for -people give more priority to wire rather then switching to other apps.

message delivery . and end-to-end delivery feature . design and view . searching function.

1> screen sharing feature - must be included for all screen not for only one 2> when used wire for call - sometime is not good for conversation. 3>not good for multiple people at a same time calling. 4>problem of echoing sometime. 5>include a feature for message is delivered and received check.

letztes Jahr

Dear Ms Nimore, Thanks for your review. We are always greatful for feedback so we can improve. You can share one of your desktops, entire screen or choose a Window to share during a call. Only one participant can share the screen at a time. Wire also works with low bandwidth. Please have a look at our Bandwidth requirements: https://support.wire.com/hc/en-us/articles/208349945-Bandwidth-requirements-for-calls We are constantly working on increasing the participant number for conference calls. Currently we offer audio conferences with up to 25 and video conferences with up to 12 participants in high quality. You can use read receipts this way: https://support.wire.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012392938-Conference-Calling If you have more questions about features, feel free to check out our FAQ or reach out to your customer success manager. Kind regards, The Wire team

Samantha C.
Service Advisor in Kanada
Maritime Wirtschaft, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I Love this app

Kommentare: I love this product.

It's great to use. I use it on a daily base texting with friends and coworkers.

Its actually been the best product i used. from sending Gifs to pics to messages. I would like to see more sound options on the phone

Client Services Manager in Hongkong

Simple but lack features

Kommentare: Great value if you only want a secure chat software this is the most robust option. But look elsewhere if you need something that has a lot of 3rd party integration or bots to help with productivity.

As a chat app very simple to use and setup. UI is basically chat but nothing else. Self-destroy message makes sharing sensitive info easy. Secure voice calls and video calls quality are surprisingly high. Pricing is very competitive compare to other US rivals. Europe-based company.

Wire is basically just a chat software. Integrations with 3rd-party almost non-existent. Syncing between devices have issues sometimes that re-sync with new encryption key may be required. Syncing chat history takes longer time than usual.

Dan T.
Executive Founder in USA
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Wire dropped the ball.

Kommentare: It was pretty great for the first couple years.
Despite the "you have to wait 15 minutes for messages to decrypt" slowness in the browser, and the occasional UI bug, the platform fundamentally did what the security community was looking for.
Now, however, wire doesn't seem to care about the security community that helped it get popular. we feel like we've been abandoned by leadership. I personally invested years of my life in helping wire become the defacto secure comms program that I could count on for my friends, family and customers - and now i feel like i've made a terrible mistake, because just as its becoming critical to have secured communications, wire has kicked me to the curb, and with me, my entire community and all of my customers.

It actually does e2e, and its mostly useable on multiple platforms.

oh where to begin. I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and a few other folks for the last four years to do things like "bring the mr. robot television show in as an avertising medium", reported easily dozens of bugs, lodged dozens of feature requests and onboarded easily a few hundred users. wire decided that it wouldn't accept support requests or feature requests from non-paying customers, so I attempted to create a paid account in order to contact support, and even after creating a paid account I was ignored by wire. something changed internally at the company and it wasn't for the better.

letztes Jahr

Hi Dan Tentler, Thanks for you feedback and sorry to hear about your issues! Wire is always very thankful for input and insights from our customers and we would be happy if you test it out again and share your feedback.

Mohsen A.
ceo in Kanada
Pharmazeutika, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

online meeting

the part that we like most is , ease of use and security it provides.

we like to see to be able to have a online meeting with more than 4 people at the same time. ( like wbex team ( even 100 people ). this helps us to fully use it as our primary source rather than switching to other services when we have more than 4 people in the meeting. another issue is in the typing section, it doesn't have the option ( or allow ) for auto-correction ( spelling and grammar ) which can cause some problem ..

letztes Jahr

Hi Mohsen Amir Alipour, Thanks so much for your positive feedback! Since your review we worked hard now we offer conference calls up to 25 participants and this number will increase soon. You also have the option now to enable spell checking: https://support.wire.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011765678-Enable-Spell-Checking

Amin A.
Marketing Manager in Australien
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Security and Privacy

Kommentare: For now, it is a great app as it is highly recommended by a not for profit organisation that cares for personal privacy and security.

Security and Privacy and ease of use. Also, the options to sign up either by phone number or an email.

Unsure of making bots to prevent sharing suspicious links or prohibiting calls to unknown users.

Zahra H.
Zahra H.
Head of Content Strategy in Pakistan
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Secure with something amiss

Kommentare: I love wire and would recommend it to everyone. Its much more secure than other apps; whatsapp and fb messenger. Perhaps being regulated by EU laws means they respect your privacy far more than American, Canadian and UK based apps. the iOS and Android app work very well and it does almost everything which whatsapp does and it even has a color drawing mode.

Its definitely MORE secure than Whatsapp and Facebook messenger. I never feel that someone is listening to my conversation or reading my chat with Wire.

Saving video and images is a bit difficult. Sharing location is not as seamless as whatsapp... perhaps if they can add time limit, it would be cool.

Jörg E.
Geschäftsführer in Deutschland

Increase our productivity

We´re now faster in internal communication. We like most, that we are able to have different streams and can send layouts and easily assess ist.

The Mac Version (Desktop) need some updates in design und functionality.

Francois V.
Nurse in Griechenland
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

easy, safe, up to my expectations

Kommentare: It is the tool we needed to support the re-opening of a school with the medical-civil security team. This plus an online pad we shered and work on together in the same time.
I use a private free address with my daughter and try to rally them to wire in order to quite wats'crap, facebeurk and those climate warming / data gathering / manipulating software.
I started using Signal some years back and heard of Wire a bit more than two years ago from someone who was ambassador for a south American country.

conference mode safety and confidentiality technical support fluidity of the conversation, we can hear different collaborators speaking in the same time but without having the feeling of saturation. easy management of screen-sharing and easy way to send a document or a link

I was unable to figure out how much it will cost me to use Wire, once I finish the trial period.

letztes Jahr

Hi Francois Videcoq, Happy to read such a positive feedback thanks a lot! Regarding the payment information: Noted and shared. It's something we are discussing internally, but no concrete news to share just yet.

Justin J.
Marketing Manager in UK
Einzelhandel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Use for sharing the screen with end to end encryption.

Kommentare: Wire is an unlimited package of benefits because we are using this application for many years and it has been proven a good package for all our needs. This application is an excellent video conference tool to communicate with clients and its mobile app offers 24-hours service to allocate the business detail on hand. Everything is quite easy and superb with this amazing application by making video conferences to overseas clients and sharing the ideas on every business promotion. All information is secured and stored on the cloud to provide the safest way of communication.

Wire is the best application to communicate online with clients for sharing ideas and thoughts on business promotions. So, this software provides the best platform to collaborate with clients through live streaming and video conferences. An easy hand on all business details and provoking new ideas for promoting business opportunities. Nothing is difficult in understanding as this application is very easy and simple to share the business ventures. Then, all you need to do is just put this software for your business meetings and have unlimited benefits.

This software helps in understating the business promotions with unique ideas but, all that comes with good quality internet. If your networking is not good then, you can enjoy its offers and packages because during live streaming it can cause hindrance to your live conversations.

letztes Jahr

Hi Justin Jerry, Thanks so much for such a positive feedback! Great to hear that you enjoy using Wire with your team. I will forward your insights regarding the internet connection with our team.

Head of Customer Success in Serbien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Wire - secure messaging platform as well as audio/video comms is finally here!

Kommentare: As an early Wire (personal) adopter and a vocal supporter (I want to say Ambassador), I may be a bit biased. Still, I strongly believe everyone deserves a fully secure communication platform and there must be no compromise on that - Wire proves it's possible.
I have successfully converted more than a couple dozens users to Wire - and we never looked back.

First and most of all, Wire is all about security. Full E2E encryption for all the services it provides - messaging, voice, video. There are no compromises here and if security is a top priority, you don't have to look further. As far as I know, they are already doing some post-quantum cryptography experimenting, which is really impressive. Did I mention they are 100% Open Source? Did I say the voice quality is absolutely fantastic?

Not a lot of things I can say I don't like - basically for private usage the only issue is adoption, as the competition is very hard (not that I find any of the competitors good) and most people base the adoption on the number of people already on the platform. For business usage, I would say that it has everything that most people would want - yeah, including gifs, but it's always hard to adopt a new tool/software for the team, especially a communication platform.

Ajser N.
Interviewer in Albanien
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Wire is a secure messenger with the best price/performance ratio

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: For me, it remains the best secure messenger of all with a good price/performance ratio.
Really top encrypted messenger

for private use, Wire is free of charge. You can send various files in encrypted form. This messenger is very secure and encrypted, so you don't necessarily have to enter your number, your email address is enough. This way it remains more anonymous. The functionality is very good for a free private encrypted messenger and so I find it very good as a price/performance ratio because many don't want to pay and so some come to these messengers. You can send audios with unlimited duration and you can listen to them very well. I also like the design but it's a matter of taste. You can make encrypted group calls, which I like and use. The quality of the calls is also very good with the loudspeaker function

Limited functionality: you cannot change the background screen you cannot send stickers like in whatsapp if it is an encrypted messenger, then you should not be found by the other contacts in the list, but maybe by an ID. should be better anonymous, instead of finding the names in the list. You have a limited choice of ring tones to choose from.

letztes Jahr

Hi Ajser, Thanks for your feedback! Happy that you are enjoying Wire's design and calling quality! Your suggestions are noted and will be shared with the team. By the way, this way you can change your background: https://support.wire.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000778337-Switch-between-dark-and-light-theme

Samer A.
Research Director in USA
Rechtsberatung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The best we've found, but leaves a lot to be desired

Kommentare: Not loving it, sometimes really frustrated by it, but it works just well enough to keep around. I don't know of any secure messaging alternatives that work any better...

Our organization works with vulnerable communities and needs to be able to communicate securely so we've been looking for an encrypted alternative to Slack for some time now. Wire seemed like the closest fit in terms of the features we wanted: custom "channels" the ability to include some people outside of the org, silo'ed information, and secure group calling. It hasn't been spectacular at any of those things, but it hasn't been terrible either.

Wire is a pretty new product and it shows. The calls frequently drop, or some people's audio won't connect, etc. etc. Calls generally have to be limited to just a 3-4 people or the quality degrades even further. Our plan to use it as a communication tool with communities has been shelved indefinitely while we wait for some upgrades. In the meantime, our team mostly uses it text each other, which has been a significant improvement over email, but not quite as functional or intuitive as Slack channels. Nevertheless, it seems to be the best thing we've got so we're sticking with it for the time being.

Jeffrey L.
Digital marketing specialist in Philippinen

Clarity of Communication

Kommentare: My experience can simply defind in one word, EXCELLENT.

I like wire because even you have slow connection, you can still able to talk clearly and you can hear clearly the one talked with. We usually, use Wire during the team meeting and talking with clients. If there's clarity of communication, there's no room for mistake especially when your boss relay an important instructions. That's the power of Wire in our business.

Maybe the least thing about wire is how they market this software. Still, majority of human race doesn't know about Wire.

Tillee d. R.
Director New Business Development in Deutschland
Sportartikel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Can go better for Companies

Kommentare: Secure communication and a trustful feeling because you company based in west europa and has phone numbers and address

Works, Can handle more as one account, voice quality is great

No Conference video chat like (hangout), No Channel (such as Telegram) No sub groups in a group

Manfred M.
Managing Director in Italien
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy and secure to use communication solution for our business

Kommentare: We like Wire a lot because of the end-to-end encryption, we as a hotel deal a lot with sensitive data of clients to make them feel comfortable during the stay. In order to do this we use Wire across different platforms like on desktop in the reception and on mobile with all our staff. Wire makes it easy to communicate in a modern way via messenger by not needing to think about if the data is protected well enough.

Our main pros we like about Wire are the end-to-end encryption, the fact Wire offers apps for all platforms and gives us the opportunity to communicate across these. Audio quality is very good compared to other solutions or regular phone calls.

We noticed some bugs during our use but they also got resolved pretty fast by the team.

Danna I.
Deputy Programme Director, Amnesty Tech in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

WIRE has been a game changer for our Program

I love WIRE because it allows our team to communicate easily and securely. We are a new team and decentralized across a lot of different countries so we needed something to replicate an 'office space' - somewhere to have quick conversations with the right people; somewhere to share files and sometimes jokes; and somewhere to share documents with easy encryption. WIRE did all of these things for us and ore.

Because our IT system is pretty locked down we have issues with automatic updates running smoothly in our system - resulting in a pretty much dysfunctional app. Instead we need to use the browser version.

Natalie D.
Project Coordinator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Alternative to Slack

Kommentare: It has been a great product as something that is very similar to Slack without all of the weird publicity. Slack has seen some issues recently with identity and I think Wire has much more flexibility and integrity. I trust them.

I love that this software is always up to date and helps me reach my work team at all times of the day. You can set it up through an app on your phone and always be nearby for work emergencies. I also appreciate that it is an encrypted software that allows us to have conversations without fear of it being hacked in to or stolen.

I think that this software could have a wider selection of gifs and images for use in conversations. I know that seems a bit silly in a work environment but many of us express ourselves through gifs and memes.

Felix B.
Security Analyst in Deutschland
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Wire Teams

Kommentare: We are organizing a distributed Team with high expactiations to security and usability especially with regards to group text chat. These expectations were completely satisfied.

- Great call and video quality - Highly Secure Architecture

- UI is a bit messy, especially with lots of contacts - Calls a are somethimes Buggy to establish, especially with multi-device usage

Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great for the Workplace!

Kommentare: My whole team really appreciates Wire and we rely on it over any other form of communication.

Wire is great for the workplace! It is simple to use and has a fabulous IOS app. It allows me to stay in contact with all of my coworkers who work not in the area since we are all working remotely right now. It is an added bonus that Wire is encrypted and they care about their user privacy.

I really have no complaints with this software. It updates frequently and it is perfect for a large work group to communicate via computer as well as via mobile device.

letztes Jahr

Hi, Thanks so much for your review! Happy to hear that you are very satisfied with our user friendly and secure product.

Jan W.
MD in Deutschland
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best Messenger

Kommentare: For me it is ideal for brief contacts with my patients improving their satisfaction

End-to-end encryption, independency of SIM-Card, cross-platform usability, Synchronization of messages, all-in-one-backups => safety and transfer to other devices is easy, multiple accounts in one app, lack of advertisements

Compared to other messengers, there were no disadvantages

Kehkeshan A.
Admin in Pakistan
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent

Kommentare: I had really good experience and never faced any issue. The only suggestion is if some working can be done on its price as its a bit pricey.

Very easy and user friendly and easy to communicate on individual and group basis as both facilities are available.

A bit costly as compared to the work requirement

Mubasshir ali R.
Merchant Technical Support Analyst in Kanada

Best and secure way of communication

The smooth and Realtime collaboration among cross functional teams. We usually use this software for secure communication and sharing classified information and documents with in the team.

The group function is not like other communication tools

letztes Jahr

Hi Mubasshir Ali Roshan, Thanks for such positive feedback! We are very happy to hear that you, as a long time customer, are satisfied with our secure collaboration tool.