A Useful Solution for your eCommerce Needs

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
David Y.
Editor and Marketer
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I am pleased with Square because, for my business at least, it covers most of my needs. Set up could not be easier. Simply log-in to the application and begin creating store items. You can even allocate a low inventory alert so that you will always know if your inventory supplies are dwindling. It's very easy to assign a bank account to Square and the approval process, unlike some eCommerce providers, is almost instantaneous. Setting up the seller page is also easy and Square offers a variety of templates to choose from. No programming knowledge is needed and the page is largely WYSIWYG, so there are no surprises. The site displays well across PCs, tables, and phones.

Vorteile: Square for Retail enables you to easily create an online eCommerce store, list your products, and sell them. It's quite simple to use, and this is perhaps what is the best reason to use Square. It is particularly useful for small businesses trying to build sales via social media and other online avenues. At the same time, it is useful for brick-and-mortar stores as well. While I use it for online sales, several of my colleagues use Square in their stores.

Nachteile: A big drawback is that Square (as of the writing of this review) is unable to process payments from outside the United States. Thus, if you anticipate worldwide sales, Square may not be the best solution for your business. A second drawback is that it can be difficult to reach a live customer service representative. Unlike most companies, in which one simply phones in for service, Square requires that you first create a trouble ticket (at which point you will be assigned a case number). You then use the case number when phoning customer service. It's not horrible but in today's business world it's kind of annoying and time consuming. Square also lacks live online help, which is another downside.

Perfect On-the-Go Payment Solution!

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Coree C.
Fashion Retailer
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: When I first began using Square, it was simply for fundraisers. My husband and I would participate in events, and we would allow patrons to make donations to the charity we were fundraising for. Now, as I begin designing my online store for home decor and crafts that I sell, there was no guessing on where I would have my store set up. Square has truly made it that easy to work with, that I suggest using them to everyone I know!

Vorteile: I absolutely LOVE the ease of use of Square! The app allows you to literally set up your shop in mere minutes, and then allows you to input your products with prices for an easy tap to add it to your customer's cart. I especially love the Square business card that holds all my funds, which makes keeping business money separate from family funds so much easier!

Nachteile: I honestly cannot think of anything that I do not love about this software. It is designed in a way that allows even the least techy person to set up their store and products, and go through a checkout seamlessly.

Square is a great payment platform for retail stores.

Bewertet am 12.5.2019
Craig G.
Biz Dev
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This system works great for pop-ups and retail stores. You can also track what you sell and square sends you emails when you are low on products. We will continue to use Square

Vorteile: How simple it is to set up. You know exactly how much you are being charged. There is no hidden extra add ons. Square updated the os, so now if your customer wants to return 1 item and they purchased two, you just pull up the item and hit return.

Nachteile: Just make sure you do all the updates for square and os system for any pad you are using. We use an Ipad and it works great! Not much to not like.

The simplest payment processing system

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Mayela L.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have a small a small business and the square software works well for my needs

Vorteile: The software is very easy to install. The pairing of the software with either the magstripe or the contactless reader is quite fast. Processing payments is a breeze and both readers can be used on the go or a set location.

Nachteile: I don’t have any problems with the software itself. It would be nice to have a better rate for card processing.

Awesome Product

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Kathryn B.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I am very satisfied it seems they have thought of everything when it comes to this app. They also have fantastic customer service if you need to call them with questions. I started my business last year and square has been fantastic to use for pop up's. Processing payments is a breeze and I have had very small issues that were resolved quickly and with ease.

Vorteile: I love the app that goes with this product. I hold many pop up events for my shop and the square is fantastic for this. Adding inventory and processing payments is fantastic. I set up the app in very little time and thought it would take so much longer. I really like being able to use it with my phone and ipad and it has made payments so much easier. I will only use this software for my pop up shops.

Nachteile: Sometimes I have wifi issues, but they have a great feature that will still accept payments offline. So even though its a pain, I still receive payment later.

I have mixed feelings. I like the look/feel of the old app better. It seemed more user friendly.

Bewertet am 9.8.2017
Nate F.
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like the ability to transfer inventory from one store to another. I like the ability to have employees clock-in/clock-out to keep track of pay and what items a specific employee sells. I like the ability to adjust quantities from the app instead of just the dashboard.

Nachteile: I don't like that I can't view another store's inventory from the app. Very often, I find myself saying, "We don't have that in-stock here, but I know it's in-stock at our other location." It'd be very helpful to be able to type in an item and view quantity in-stock for all locations. I also HATE that there are not "tickets" available anymore. I own a music store that offers instrument repairs and we also have special orders. For instrument repairs - the amount is variable depending on what needs done and I also notate the transaction with the instrument type, brand, serial number - what parts were used, and what was done under the "Quantity and Notes" section. I don't want to have to look up that information and type into a transaction with the customer standing at the register. In the other app, I could do all of that when no one was in the store and save it as a ticket. Then when they come into the store, all I had to do was pull up the ticket and they were good to go. Same with special orders. I don't want to add inventory into Square, assign it a price, add the SKU, put it into a category, set the quantity, etc., if I'm not going to STOCK the item. So for special orders, I like to just type in the information under "Custom Amount," but I do like to notate the transaction under "Quantity and Notes" with the title and SKU so I can look back and see what it was. I don't want to do that typing when a customer arrives, so I prefer to save it as a ticket. Now I can't do that.

The Only Way To Accept Payments For Small Business

Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Alex C.
Cook
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I recommend using Square for small business purposes only. That being said, they have a wonderful option for POS.

Vorteile: The Square plugin was super easy to use and fit most devices. The application is simple and adjustments were easy to make changes to. Paperless receipts are the best way to go about transactions.

Nachteile: The price was a little high for the software. Using the plugin had its disadvantages if you use a phone and that phone has a protective case. The application sometimes froze.

Great for entrepreneurs

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Chase M.
IT Sales
Hausmeisterservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is very easy to use and convenient for my customers

Vorteile: The ease of use for this product is amazing. I love how you can make a sale with the virtual terminal by either swiping a card or sending an invoice.

Nachteile: The fees per use can be cumbersome. However all pay portals have some sort of fee to use their product.

Best POS system I've found

Bewertet am 14.4.2019
Julianne H.
Writer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a small business owner, I would highly recommend Square over other services that have higher fees and monthly charges. It's easy to use and I almost never experience glitches, so customer service isn't even needed that much.

Vorteile: Despite what I wrote in my "cons", this really is the best software I've found for card sales for my company. Most of them charge you a monthly fee in addition to a percentage of every sale, which thankfully is not the case with Square. It's very easy to use if you're not familiar with POS software. Customer service is also very easy to reach and quite friendly from my experience.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, you have to buy their most expensive software to only have 2.4% taken out from every credit card purchase. Otherwise, you'll be charged more. I know that's just how POS systems are... but it's too bad we are charged a percentage of every purchase to simply use their product, given it's not their money. I also wish there were more customization features available. I just used Quickbooks (which is compatible with Square) instead of Square itself to do all the customizing so I also didn't have to put Square advertisements on all of our receipts, which doesn't look very professional.

A great and easy way for receiving payments.

Bewertet am 5.7.2018
Joshua S.
Equipment Engineer

Vorteile: I really like how sleek, modern, and clean this method for receiving payment works. It has a very modern GUI, with large clear numbers and values as opposed to the majority of credit card readers that have much more pixelated appearances and significantly smaller font sizes in comparison. Also, the ease of the option of signing when required with a finger on a touchscreen device is better than the alternatives available today such as signing with a physical pen or a stylus for digital screens. These features save time at checkout which in turn increases efficiency, and as my time is very valuable to me, I greatly appreciate these factors that contribute to the ease of use.

Nachteile: While there is not much to dislike, I have noticed that sometimes cards are not read as easily with this software at times. While this is perhaps more a function of the hardware used to swipe or scan credit or debit cards, I have noted a bit of a trend with this when using Square with certain cards while performing with other card types have been flawless. This makes me suspicious if it is related to a software issue. Otherwise, I have no complaints about Square.

Square Payments Processing is a good credit card processing system

Bewertet am 16.10.2019
Elizabeth R.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Square is very convenient specially attending off-site events. We were able to get it up and going at any time. Other Points of Sales software is very clunky when it comes to a mobile application. Because of the versatility and ease of use, we do recommend it for small businesses.

Vorteile: Square is a payment processing system with supporting systems such as Point of Sale. We initially did the trial period to determine if it meets our requirements. It was very user-friendly and easy to use. The training was easy for the staff. If we had any issues, customer support from Square was always available. Sometimes we did have a short wait, but issues were always resolved.

Nachteile: Square didn't have a many features as other Point of Sales software. Reporting and analytics were pretty limited. The software did have some, but not as much as we needed. Support was available, but sometimes we had to wait to get help.

Square is the catalyst to making my passion have value.

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Chace C.
Freelance graphic artist
Animation, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am a freelance graphic artist. I use this software to make it easy to put value in my art. I now have the easiest way to my a living on my work anywhere I am or will be. Overall wonderful experience.

Vorteile: The most favorable feature in using square is its simplicity. In less than 10 minutes I was all set up with full understanding of how the software worked. It was quick and clean and practically effortless. When I was all finished I couldn’t believe it I said “ wow, really? That’s it? I’m done?” Great interface with extremely user-friendly and modern design.

Nachteile: I honestly have no complaints. I have yet to run into any bugs or performance issues. Which, when there’s money involved is hard to come across and a very crucial detail. I had to speak with an operator one time and that was a fault entirely of my own and was user-friendly and convenient. He was helpful and the issue was rectified within minutes. Sorry but really can’t say a bad thing yet.

Love Square! I've been using it a year and am very happy with everything!

Bewertet am 9.8.2017
Tahnee E.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love the integration with Big Commerce so I can easily sell online and in store with inventory syncs immediately. We do a lot of volume so the immediate inventory sync is very important to us or we would oversell items.

Nachteile: The retail app needs some work but I understand they need more time to update the software. Once the bugs get worked out, I would love to have a complete retail POS solution. In my mind it would include, physical inventory counts using scanners for tons of inventory -preferable to have multiple people doing different parts of the store at the same time. Included in retail should be a report for the inventory status/financial which would include total count, total cost, and total retail price of the entire store/warehouse. Also, a better integration for Quickbooks online. I'm scared to add this integration because it gets horrible reviews.

Square for small business retail

Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Maddie E.
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Square was a cheap way for me to reach a larger demographic of people at the markets, it adds to my business's professionalism and I would recommend it to anyone.

Vorteile: I love the convenience of swiping a card, I love that it pays out quickly (far quicker than over my website) and it keeps peoples information from past square interactions they've done so you can send them a receipt.

Nachteile: I would love to have an offline setting so it could save the cards and charge when you reconnect. I don't always have a connection at the markets I'm working. I'm working currently with the smallest square phone connection so I also look forward to updating to the version that accepts debit cards too

A great tool for any small business

Bewertet am 15.8.2018
Account Manager

Vorteile: Both interfaces are very easy to use. There are many features to make your business look professional, like sending receipts via email and text and asking for feedback after a transaction. Adding line items is very easy, which is convenient for businesses that are changing prices or items frequently.

Nachteile: As much as I love this product it could definitely still use some tweaking. The biggest complaint is the fact that you are forced to buy multiple card readers for your iPad because they stop reading cards after a while which subsequently forces you to enter the card manually which you are then charged more money for.

Calling All Scout Troop Leaders: Square is great for your booth sales! (and other small businesses)

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Elena P.
Web Communications Coordinator
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm a Girl Scout Troop leader, and using Square has revolutionized our cookie booth sales. Now when someone says they don't have cash, we can give them the option to pay with a card,w which has gotten us a tom of sales we would otherwise have messed out on. We make a tiny margin on cookie sales as a troop, but Square's charges are so reasonable that it still works out very much to our benefit to use it. I highly recommend it for any kind of booth-style vendor, whether you're a troop, a church holding a bake sale or rummage sale, or a small business person vending at farmers' markets and craft fairs.

Vorteile: Super easy to set up, easy to process payments, easy to generate receipts, and easy to track sales. Plus it's a very reasonable cost and lets you be much more accessible as a seller - no more juggling tons of loose cash!

Nachteile: It can sometimes be glitchy, and obviously only works if there's a good internet connection. I had some initial problems with my chip reader that forced me to hand-enter a lot of cards, which is time consuming. But on the plus side, that option exists for when there's a problem with the reader.

Simple to use, good interface

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Jessica W.
Director of Operations

Vorteile: Its very simple to use and train new employees on. Reports are easy to run and can get most data that you need. Allows you to communicate with customers.
They are continuing evolving and adding new features.

Nachteile: Wish there was a way to take a deposit for future orders (placed online or on the phone) so the sales are applied to the date they are picked not the day we take the payment. For advance orders, available pick up times are based on your hours of operations. Wish we could limit that depending on what is being ordered.

Square for Retail is the easiest I have ever used.

Bewertet am 25.10.2018
Lynn F.
President / C.E.O.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This product is perfect for my needs. Works exactly as described on their website and support (if needed) is immediate and complete. Use with confidence.

Vorteile: Very easy to use. Quick email confirmation / almost instant at times. Fast turn around when actually getting the money into my bank account. I use it A LOT for credit card purchases over the phone (no card present). Yes, the fees are about .5% higher but always very FAST and very Reliable.

Nachteile: Nothing. I only use the remote card swiper when at a seminar or speaking engagement.

Square for Retail makes life simplier

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Tammy W.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Square enables me to be able to sell remote without having to add pricey equipment.

Vorteile: We have used Square in our retail location for over 2 years now. We also utilize the system for mobile sales. We love being able to use one system for both. Square doesn't require extensive training and is self explanatory.

Nachteile: I would love to be able to text our customers to broadcast announcements, sales, etc. This is currently not an option which requires us to have additional third party software.

One of my core software solutions

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Matt B.
Owner/Head Roaster

Vorteile: I use Square almost daily for my coffee roasting company. Its easy to use, easy to train others to use, and easy to customize for my ever changing inventory.

Nachteile: Sometimes I wish the Square app had the same functionality as the Square website. For example, invoices are easier to work with on the web vs. working with them on the app. You can't print invoices from the app, yet you can from the web interface. Just little things like that. Not huge, but minor annoyances.

Clean And Easy

Bewertet am 21.2.2019
Van G.
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Square is great because it is universally recognized and people are comfortable using it to pay now. Overall the setup has been generally easy and straightforward. I'd definitely recommend it to any small business friends.

Vorteile: Super easy to use. Every kind of report that you can want is available.

Nachteile: I wish that the fee was a bit lower. The switch to a blue tooth card reader has been interesting. 1/10 times that I try and connect it takes extra time which is a pain if the customer is there waiting.

Square improved my business

Bewertet am 10.10.2018
Devora F.
Clinical Psychologist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience is beyond satisfactory. This software is a mus for any business. Quick and easy to use and works without any glitches.

Vorteile: The software is user friendly, quick and easy. I love their simple and straight forward layout. They literally contributed to my business growing!!!!

Nachteile: I can't think of any negative thing to say, except at the beginning I had some problems that turned out to do with poor internet connection.

Easy to get started and expand as you grow!

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
James A.
Essen & Trinken, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Outstanding overall. Square is super reliable and user friendly.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to create a great looking online storefront. Clean and simple design options, easy to add/delete items, keep track of inventory, and an endless list of benefits!

Nachteile: It is limited as far as page layout and imagery! The gift card function is not displayable on the product pages... or if it is I've not yet figured it out.

Get Paid Now!

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Justin N.
Admin
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Square has made us more money. We do not have to spend time waiting to be paid anymore. 10/10 recommend.

Vorteile: We love the ease of use for both us and the client. We used to have to wait for payment via check and sometimes we'd have to follow up with clients for months without getting paid. Now when our technicians are wrapped up in the field.. they have the client pay instantly using their mobile phones with card reader. No more waiting for payments!

Nachteile: Square is a great software and clients trust it. There is nothing that is negative about Square. Love it.

Square

Bewertet am 10.8.2018
Tin W.
Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I love that it's so easy to send invoices in just a second! It keeps track of your clients names and client info, services, invoices etc which is such a timesaver! I can look st a glance and know what invoices have been paid and which ones need to send again.

Nachteile: I would love there to be a way to enter services in so you don't have to type it in each time when making an invoice.