Über OpsGenie

OpsGenie ist eine Benachrichtigungs- und Bereitschaftsmanagement-Lösung für Entwickler- und Betreiberteams, um die richtigen Leute zur richtigen Zeit zu benachrichtigen.

Erfahre mehr über OpsGenie

Powerful tool to route alerts to different teams.

Bewertungen zu OpsGenie

OpsGenie hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 127 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du OpsGenie bereits verwendet?

Fernando S.
Fernando S.
Director of Infrastructure in Guatemala
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A most have

Kommentare: I've been a loyal customer of OpsGenie for almost three years now and I like to product so much that I wrote an integration with spring-boot-admin a year ago that now is used by many others. really great product

I like the easy of use and most of all It never fails to deliver a message, Great UX and full of features

I would like to have notification rules for how and when to receive some sort of events right now there is only one way of doing this but, that is something that would be ok to have but I'm very happy with the product

Joshua V.
Director, Product Operations in USA

OpsGenie Journey

Kommentare: We needed a way to monitor our infrastructure over the weekend without having to pay someone to physically sit in the building. So we first tried a company would would make a physically phone call to us when an alert went critical. Over time the problem with that was you had to employ a person to make that phone call and it was an expensive option as well. We needed a better ROI on what we were spending.

Powerful tool to route alerts to different teams. (Phone, Text and Email) Setting up schedules and teams Cost is very affordable and you get economies of scale the more people you put on the account and begin using it.

The filtering of who gets the alerts can be a bit confusing, it does take some time to get used to the setup and configuration of how they do things. I wish there was an official on boarding program. For example I would have like to have OpsGenie tell me, ok now that you are a customer and based on all the experienced we've gathered you need to do "10 things". Process items, procedures, best practices etc. Because we basically learned as we went and while the product was relatively easy to use it would have been nice to have that instruction at the beginning.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: PagerDuty und Splunk On-Call

Warum OpsGenie gewählt wurde: The cost of having an individual person make a call out for an alert turned out to be too costly. We needed a much better cost to value ratio.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu OpsGenie: We looked at a number of different companies to solve this problem. PagerDuty and OpsGenie made it to the final round. In the end the ease of the product and affordability ultimately won out.

Zach W.
Sales in USA

Switched for different software

Kommentare: it was straightforward to use but ultimately went with something else

we used this for our call line but have switched to a different provider

it didnt ring in its own dedicated app and instead the normal phone settings

Serhii M.
Service Desk Analyst in Ukraine
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

OpsGenie - great Incident management utility.

Kommentare: Compare to PagerDuty the product is really similar, works the same way, similar APIs and integration options. The interface is simple, user-friendly. Smartphone application works amazingly for ticketing system with sound notifications, SLA set up, and viewing during work is really convenient. Great product in general.

Easy to use, friendly interface, great smartphone application available for Android and IOS, no delays when it comes to Incident management. Not really expensive compare to similar products, overall performance is very decent.

No dark mode theme for Web or Smartphone versions, some things could be changed and misplaced differently in the interface for more convenient performance.

Phil A.
Phil A.
Senior DevOps Engineer in USA
Verlagswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

OpsGenie is a no-brainer

Kommentare: We use OpsGenie to collect messages from multiple endpoints and manage rules for alerting. Basically our pager duty. Also use the Heartbeats feature for missed execution monitoring.

The pricing came in below Pagerduty by quite a bit and the features were much more plentiful. Really like the Heartbeats feature.

I really don't have anything negative to say. It's been an excellent experience with the product since day 1. Any (minor) troubles I've had turned out to be something I was doing wrong.

Juan carlos C.
Juan carlos C.
VP of Engineering in Kolumbien
Internet, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Incident response and monitoring

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been very good. We use OpsGenie all the time, and it's a critical part of our monitoring stack.

OpsGenie is very flexible, and relatively simple to setup. You can get up and running in just a few minutes, or you can spend days customizing the setup to match your teams/policies/services. Their customer support is really helpful and will help you get set up quickly. They are constantly releasing useful features (e.g. post-mortem analysis, video conference, etc).

The onboarding process and best practices are not obvious and require some tinkering to figure out (e.g. best way to structure teams, alerts/incident templates, etc.). A guided onboarding and a best practices document would be really helpful for first timers.

Adam K.
Adam K.
Network Engineer in USA
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

OpsGenie is more like an Ops Miracle Worker

Kommentare: Our issue was reliably alerting our staff of equipment warnings and outages. OpsGenie gives us the ability to not only send notifications, but see who received them, who responded, and escalate based on a number of factors to make sure that someone, somewhere is getting the alerts.

The ability to customize how events are handled is amazing. For example, our Nagios instance sends alerts to OpsGenie, but depending on host name or group that it is in, we can have staff get a phone call in addition to app notification for critical things.

Honestly we haven't really hit anything that we didn't like. We ran into a hiccup with a bug in the Nagios integration but the OpsGenie support staff were very helpful and quick at fixing the bug.

Evgeny Y.
Evgeny Y.
Senior Production Operations Engineer in Kanada
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

My experience with OpsGenie

Kommentare: The only problem we are solving with OpsGenie is reliable delivery of all alerts to our support team. This problem may sound 'easy to do' but in reality is quite complex and OpsGenie delivers perfectly well on this.

1. It works. 2. It works well. 3. Very friendly interface at both desktop and mobile versions. 4. Outstanding flexibility in configuration. 5. API is well documented and easy to use.

Not really a problem but I could not find how to list all 'tags' ever used by me/my colleagues.

Software MAnager in Argentinien
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

OpsGenie Helped us to handle realtime alerts

We can identify issues live and take an action immediately

There's no way to change alerts sounds in Android without affecting the operating systems sounds

Senior Analyst in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best Work Management Tool

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Excellent Work Management, Great Incident Management and good time tracking feature.

Pipeline issue occurs often, CD pipeline is not great and devops board drag and drop is not accurate.

Darren D.
Operations Manager in UK
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Ops Genie - a new way forward

Kommentare: We needed a more suitable monitoring alerting platform to help us grow and make use of systems outside of our infrastructure. Ultimately, Ops Genie has helped us do that. We can now plug services like AWS and Jira into our monitoring without having to force Nagios checks to do the work that has mostly already been done elsewhere. It's provided us more accurate and reliable alerting and reduced the effects of duplicate alerts coming through whilst an incident is being investigated. We hope to make further gains using additional features we haven;'t touched upon yet in the Ops Genie ecosystem

We had previously been using a Nagios + SMS provider solution, which had served us well as a small company. However as we have grown, we have found that SMS just wasn't a reliable enough solution. We looked around at various alerting providers, and found Ops Genie to be the closest match to what we were looking for. It's given us the ability to test out new notifications before enabling them for our on-call schedules, Re-arrange on call as we see fit without having to fiddle with Nagios configs, utilise integrations to alleviate the sometimes difficult task of adding checks into Nagios from other systems and gain a better insight into our alerts while reducing the all too common "alert fatigue". It gives the ability to create much more complex workflows and setups that previously weren't possible.

As is often the case with software that provides a wealth of options, getting started was quite complex, particularly around scheduling on call patterns. I think larger organisations may not have this problem, but we wanted to do some rather custom set ups. Fortunately, the support from Ops Genie is frankly brilliant, and they walked us through everything we needed to do. Should there still be difficulties, they can enact the changes you're looking for and guide you through what was done.

Allison G.
Security Analyst in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A Highly Capable Incident Management Platform

Kommentare: We need an application that works hand-in-hand with our SIEM, Splunk, and OpsGenie does just that. As events filter into Splunk's incident management platform, our analysts are alerted through OpsGenie (via a webhook integration). Analysts can then acknowledge and manage alerts. We also use OpsGenie as a tool for documentation, although this may be a somewhat unconventional use case. Analysts can search back through past incidents, using them as a reference. This is a highly valuable tool to us and we look forward to future improvements.

We love the scheduling feature, which keeps all of our security analysts on track with their shifts. The mobile application is also very useful, as it allows analysts to manage their schedules and keep track of alerts while on the go. There are a plethora of applications that OpsGenie integrates with, such as Slack and AWS. The ability to integrate other applications with OpsGenie is important to us, as our services to our clients depend on it.

Sometimes new features are slow to be implemented, even if they are minor. For example, we have requested some minor features such as a dark mode and the ability to expand the text entry box, but these features have yet to be seen. Sometimes the search function can be difficult to use, as it requires a specific syntax that doesn't always function as expected.

NOC Team Lead in Philippinen
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Basic incident management platform for startups

Kommentare: Satisfied given the amount of money we pay with them

What I like the most about OpsGenie is its notification system. It has built-in SMS notification system, no need to integrate with other platforms & no need to pay extra. It comes with unlimited SMS notification (depending on your plan of course). Also, OpsGenie can notify you via phone call for critical alerts.

One thing OpsGenie is missing is alerts correlation. Basically OpsGenie just receives alerts and notify relative teams according to your notification rule. It would be better if OpsGenie has alerts correlation platform to deduplicate noise alarms

Engineering Manager in Indien
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy way to Oncall and Incident Management

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We moved from pagerduty to opsgenie, it was easy to setup and get going. Working out well so far.

- Setting up is simple - Lots of integrations available - Role Based Access Control - One can create good Dashboard - Mobile App is very handy

- Extracting information from the integration and showing it up in the alert is difficult to setup - The user experience could be simplified but that is the case with all atlassian products

William N.
Sr Developer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good, almost great

Kommentare: Reliable Alerts monitoring from our application and infrastructure. Without it, we'd either be staring at monitors all night, or waiting for customers to call us and complain. Critical critical app for us.

The scheduling, routing, and alerting of the alerts is spectacular. Really simple to use, really powerful.

The new ui for alerts. Yes, its more flexible and exposes more functionalilty that was previously possible. But for 99% of the time its too, too much UI flexibility. When the house is on fire, I want to grab the fire estinguisher and go. Your ui slows me down. It just needs to let me select open, unacked, and closed alerts, SUPER SUPER easily and SUPER SUPER FAST. Also, the Android app is often unusably slow. I can often boot up my laptop, login to our domain, unlock password manager, and login into the opsgenine website before the stupid app will actually display the alert. Terrible.

Rick R.
President in USA

Perfect for Managing On-call Teams

Software was easy to initially configure and get setup. Adding users was quick, both through the website and in the mobile app. Linking OpsGenie to our monitoring applications went smoothly. It allowed for multiple layers of logic to be incorporated. This helped implement escalations that were consistent in their performance. After using it for a month or so, we were able to go in and tweak that logic to make them even better. From an on-call technicians perspective, the software is easy to use. They know when they are on-call and are able to set their own notifications and escalations. Also, they can work with other techs to cover for each other and the app will let them set the time for the switch so the system notifies appropriately.

The rule creation can sometimes be complex and requires a more advanced user to accomplish.

Gurpreet V.
Head of OpsCentre Support in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great product, highly recommended!

Kommentare: Customer services and our account manager have been excellent. I put in a recommendation for a feature and it had been implemented within a month. I also received personal communication to let me know that my feature was being implemented! For me, that's amazing customer engagement!

I like the user-friendly interface and how easy it is to integrate with other applications. The search functionality in the Alerts section is super flexible and easy to use. I have found it very easy to manage and schedule my 8-person team to work 24/7 on complex shift patterns and have call forwarding setup to call desk, work mobile and then personal mobile phones. Ive been very impressed with the capabilities of the Incident Command Center for major incident orchestration. The mobile app is also easy to use and well thought out.

I haven't anything so far that I dislike.

Andianne F.
CTO in Rumänien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I'll know for sure that I receive my alert, using different channels

Kommentare: Fast acting on solving a problem before my customers notice it!

It has many ways to notify me: push notification, SMS, Phone call, email. And I love the sum of integrations available, easy to set up and customize. It is a must have solution if you need to be sure that you get alerted when some of the services you offer have a problem and needs to respect the SLA. Long story short, you know when something goes wrong before your customer has a chance to notice the problem!

The search is not finding the correct results sometimes. The phone calls keep coming even after the alert is acknowledged, sometimes I need to answer in order to stop the calls. And what I like the least is that I cannot bulk note and close all the alerts at the same time, it should be a button for that, when 50+ alerts need the same note and close action.

Matt J.
DevOps Evangelist in USA

We looked at the rest, we took OpsGenie!

OpsGenie provides a service similar to the other On Call distribution tools, but we decided on OpsGenie due to their competitive cost, and a sense that they would respond to our feature requests, and our many demands! We wanted all of our developers to be on call, not just our ops team, so we quickly found other solutions were priced out of our range. OpsGenie price was fair, and allowed us to spread responsibility to all of the people in our organization that deserve a 2AM wake up call. Also, they have proven to be responsive to our requests.

The UI has so many options, that it can be a little hard to find exactly what you need if you aren't familiar with it. But it doesn't take long to figure our where things are.

Director of Technical Operations in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, with great integrations and reporting

Kommentare: We've been really happy since we switched our alerting to OpsGenie. Our old app didn't give us the flexibility we needed to create the complex oncall schedules that we needed for our engineering org.

It's easy to use, with integrations for all of our monitoring and messaging apps. The reporting around alert activity and agent performance is excellent. The team organization gives us great flexibility in how we set up our oncall and alert schedules.

Some of the scheduling around teams can be counterintuitive. If you're not doing it all of the time, it can take a little hunting around to get the setup you want

Head of ICT in UK
Musik, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Finally a tool that lets you easily organise your on-call team

Kommentare: So far so good, I've tested the call and sms alerts and they've worked as expected. I'm excited to see how this benefits the team in the long run.

For years we have been running an in house on call team, up until discovering opsegenie this was a very basic on-call rota with a shared mobile number Opsgenie allows us to setup much more complex on-call rotas, with on call management and escalations, meaning alerts and on-call calls should rarely get missed. While I've yet to fully integrate all core system alerts, it looks like it can integrate with pretty much everything. The free tier seems extremely generous considering everything it offers

It's going to be quite time consuming to setup alerts from everything you want to monitor, but that's not the fault of opsegenie It took a little time to work out how to input the rota schedule for staff, this was down to me learning how to use the system, but I think the UI could be improved in that area to make it more clear

Abhishek B.
Associate Manager in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Ops genie helps you connect with the group of people with ease

Kommentare: calling a group of people in their hierarchy in one call instead calling them one by one

The auto redirect of the call to the different resources as aligned and reaching out to individuals as hierarchy is what I like most. this helps with greater ease to the caller by avoiding dialing different number and instead its one call goes to one after other if the first person does not respond.

I have not encountered anything which will say it as least but yes if we may have a betterment in having options to identify whom the call is going to next then it will enhance this tool's visibility to a more higher level

Xavier T.
IT Operations Systems Engineer in USA
Möbel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Switched from xMatters and not looking back!

Kommentare: Initial setup was a bit scary as I brought this in to replace xMatters at our company. I was being looked at heavily and I wanted to hit the mark, so the little issues seemed bigger to me. Within a few weeks not only did we conquer some of those setup issues but tweaked this tool to not just replace but give me and my company a lot more power, control, ease of use, etc than we ever had before while handling escalations, notifications to stakeholders, etc.

Ease of use is the number one item. Some items during the initial setup can be rough or make it look like a total bust, however the engineers/developers here at OpsGenie will get through those and then it's been nothing but smooth sailing since. Started with wanting just a few feature improvements but ended up getting the full build we wanted in a perfect world.

Initial setup was not very smooth, due to issues on both parties systems. I also do not really like the limits of how much you can do from your phone as an admin/manager, however they have a new phone application coming out very soon I've heard that remedies most of the limitations (until I see this myself, it's a con but soon to be another pro).

Bharath N.
Bharath N.
Consultant in Indien
Computer-Software

its a nice a tools which can be configured as per your requirement and needs

Kommentare: stay up to date with the infra issues

--easy to configure or customise notification as per your requirement --The GUI is very simple and self explanatory

when we change the mobile frequently then all the previously used mobile pile up in the configurations which causes issue later (I was not able to get the alerts since it was sending the alerts to the old mobile )...I had to delete the old mobiles from the web console to fix the issue

Prabhudatsinh R.
Monitoring Devloper in Indien

One stop solution

Kommentare: Overall we are happy and glad to recommend OpsGenie at any other organization.

Opsgenie is one stop solution for our monitoring need . Adding Opsgenie reduces our manual and development effort very much. Systems are now easily manageable

There are still some integration which needs development efforts i..e JIRA . I wish that can also be automated and one click away integration.