Great production package

Bewertet am 28.7.2019
Jason S.
Tech Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: If you have ever used powerpoint, you can use this software. It's as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Great for volunteers to walk in, and be able to simply hit a few buttons to follow along with scripts with minimal training
We use ProP for weekly services and use it for both worship songs, videos and sermon notes.
Great flexibility all around!

Nachteile: While MANY features are implemented quickly from the suggestion forums, some just never get a response or are "ignored"

Love what ProP can do

Bewertet am 28.6.2019
Leif O.
Campus Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a church with multiple services in multiple locations. With the sync (ProCloud) option we are able to keep things up to date everywhere which is very beneficial. Plus we do a God In The Movies series and being able to adjust clips on the fly from within the program is making life a lot easier.

Vorteile: The ability to use content between multiple locations and various sizes of screen is huge for us.
Very robust product that we probably only use about 1/10th of.
Stable build - with only rare crashes (maybe 2 in 4 years) it is one of the most stable presentation software products I've ever used with this range of abilities.

Nachteile: Lack of immediate phone support on Sundays - when things go sideways you are basically on your own other than email responses. Doesn't help much when we are dealing with immediate issues.
Can be overwhelming for new staff/volunteers to utilize because it is so robust.

Can't imagine NOT having ProPresenter

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Rick M.
Minister of Music and Worship
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had been working with Media Shout from it's beginning. Years ago, I gave ProPresenter a try and quickly made the transition to ProPresenter. At the time, there was more of a centralized, get everything you need in the same place, feel that met our needs. And being honest, using the software was not always easy. Early on, it was very clunky and awkward in certain areas and there were moments of great frustration (no different from other presentation software, though). However, the benefit always outweighed the challenges and with every update, it seemed to get closer to what we needed it to be. Now, I consider it a mainstay in our ministry and seriously can't think of working without it!

Vorteile: I truly like the completeness of the software and ease of use. Through the years, it has become a crucial part of my work in that it is very easy to create a "show" from my office and have it ready for the crew in the booth to use each week. I greatly appreciate the fact that I can easily equip volunteers to interact with ProPresenter at a very basic level to advanced levels in a short amount of time. I also appreciate the fact that it just works, all the time, I don't have to worry about it causing issues for our volunteers.

Nachteile: Actually, the things I like least about ProPresenter have been addressed over time via updates. Since the issues are no longer issues, there's no need to bring them up. Suffice it to say, ProPresenter has evolved into an extremely robust program that is very accessible to everyone from the beginner to the professional.

PC vrs. Mac

Jason H.
Worship and Arts Pastor
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the program works. However, as I have found with my volunteers, I cannot trust them to do much within the program beyond the basics. I think they are capable, but the interface is not intuitive enough to trust them with it on their own.

Vorteile: I like that it is relatively dependable. I like that most of my volunteers can just click the next slide to actually run the program. I also like that it talks to other programs well enough, though I don't like having to pay for extra features like midi integration etc. I believe we paid enough for the program up front.

Nachteile: I have used mac pretty much my whole life. There are things that I love about it, and things that I just live with, as is the case with any operating system. However, the general consensus in the millennial worship community is that mac is the end-all for churches. And rightly so. With programs like Logic, Mainstage, Garageband, Imovie, Final Cut, etc. all under the $500 price range, it is easy to see why churches will dish out the cash for a mac when they begin shopping for high-end tech rather than sticking with free programs that can't perform as well or as reliably. The problem with Pro Presenter is that it was clearly not designed for someone who spends most of their time in "Apple World." The question is not, does PP run flawlessly on a mac, but does it feel like it should run on a mac. My answer is no. PP just feels like a program that was designed by programers, which is strange when you consider that it's primary function is to help in the realm of aesthetics. The volunteer nerds that I have running the software each week, which, I believe should represent about 80% of your clientele, do not have the ability to be trained effectively in PP because they are not working in the program enough. I can confidently say that the majority of the people actually running your program are not paid to do so, and have had little to no involvement in the design of the presentations that they control. I will continue my thoughts in the next section as I am out of space.

Happy Customer

Brian H.
Media Coordinator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over all our experience has been good.
Support has been great.

Vorteile: Simple to use. Communication actions. I use MIDI to unmute my soundboard channels for video clips. I also use different stage displays for different sections of the worship service. Hope to trigger some lights in the near future.
Site licence option

Nachteile: It seems to have some bugs. When editing a playlist it always jumps to the bottom. Or converting to lower thirds with a graphic the software will crash. Occasionally Master control on the slave computer will freeze the primary. Ipad issues with seeing the preview.
Probably the biggest complaint from Pastors is they can't see the next slide on stage display when going from the end of one item to the next. Example the end of a song in stage display show next blank slide. They would like to see the next item coming.
Sync shows that it is syncing regardless of it it is connected to the network drive or now.
Sync seems to be a little buggy. We started to export only. Delete everything from the media bin and playlist and then import fresh on the other computers.

Powerful resource for multimedia worship

Tim P.
Worship Leader
Musik, Selbstständig

Kommentare: We were able to expedite the service preparation process incredibly with the media integration available through ProPresenter.

Vorteile: I love the integration of various media types and source material platforms. The SongSelect integration is by far the most useful feature for a church that relies on SongSelect for lyrics etc. Also, the multi-user features coupled with cloud sync make team collaboration so much more efficient.

Nachteile: The biggest issue we had was with releases/support for PC lagging so far behind Mac. Not investing in Mac hardware puts the church at a disadvantage with this software. I don't expect that to change, and it may not need to for the company to be successful, but it makes you ask if it's really better to support PC use if the support is inferior. Additionally, having cloud sync as an 'extra' rather than built into the payment model seems a bit backwards - but for a software that is bought for a larger one-time fee rather than monthly/annual subscription, it makes sense as bandwidth is not free for anyone.

A solid platform for ten years

Bewertet am 6.7.2019
Samuel B.
Video Lighting Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A great product that does what it does very well. Version six is feeling like it’s been out for a while though! Not that I’m hankering for any major revisions except to the handling of audio files.

Vorteile: ProPresenter a very robust product that is particularly suited to the church environment although I have used it for other types of events as well. It has maintained its focus on the most essential tasks for media presentation a provided a good balance between complexity/flexibility and ease of use - especially when many operators are volunteers using the product infrequently. As an advanced user I like that I can integrate the software with other major components such as lighting and video systems in a way that actually enhances the simplicity of operation - and eliminating points of failure. While there are a few things I would like to see added or improved I appreciate the fact that the interface remains very consistent - again making it simple and reliable. The price is right. We have a site licence and even though we are not a massive church it has proven invaluable in any space where presentations are being made.

Nachteile: 1. I would like to see support for third party video devices from more companies such as AJA.
2. Some of the slide building features are too basic. No gradients, no ability to lock the position of text boxes while still being able to edit them. Templates limited to formatting only one text box.
3. I find the separate audio window to be clunky. I would like to see control and playback view of audio files available without having to expand the audio window.
4. There is no good way to view slides formatted for large screens which have small text. We need a third option for display of slides - not just text or side layout.
5. Some of the modules such as SDI or alpha seem relatively expensive compared to the price of the software.
6. Would love to see some way to integrate control over other software such as iTunes or Spotify. Probably being able to trigger AppleScript cues.
7. Would like to see more information about cues added to slides rather than just a generic icons. Especially for MIDI cues or stage display layout choice.
8. Would like to be able to have a cue palette that is not tied to slides - customizable additions to the clear functions etc for external triggers especially.

Perfect for our scenario

Bewertet am 4.7.2019
Galen T.
Director of Tech Ministries
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Pro Presenter has made our church services run so much smoother and allowed us to do things that would have cost exponentially more to do any other way. We adopted it long before I came 6 years ago and it is so vital to our workflow that I can't imagine working without it. I started learning simple things then dove in deeper as I got more comfortable. The video tutorials on their website are excellent and made it so easy to learn. Bang for your buck, you'll never find a better product

Vorteile: Pro Presenter is far and away the best multi-media presenter that I've ever used, and I've used a lot both hardware and software. Once you understand the logic behind it, it's very easy to setup and use. We've added several modules to it to customize it even more to our needs. It plays almost any media file, picture, audio or video and seamlessly integrates them. We use a lot of automation and it works spectacularly for us.

Nachteile: You have to get really nit picky to find real flaws with the software. There are a few features I'd love to see added and few foibly things to work around, but once you understand them, it works incredibly well.

Great Software for Churches - Easy to train volunteers on

Joshua S.
Board Member / Youth Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall our experience with ProPresenter has been positive. It has saved me a lot of time since I don't need to create a slideshow presentation for every single service we have. Now when there's a new song it just gets added to the catalog. We are using ProPresenter for all of our services (Sunday morning, Sunday evening, Wednesday evening). As well as any events. Overall I say the purchase was worth it. During Sunday morning we livestream using OBS, and we are very easily able to display the ProPresenter presentations on the livestream using OBS's screen capture.

Vorteile: We use ProPresenter during our church services and events to display Bible verses, song lyrics, informational slides, etc. Overall it's very easy to setup and use. The software is usually operated by volunteers So the ease of use is very important since it makes training volunteers a very simple process. People can usually pick up the basics within a couple minutes. It also has built in support for Bible verses which is a great addition.

Nachteile: SEARCH FUNCTION:
The search function is very slow. We have only 372 documents in our library, but the latency is very noticeable when you try to search for something. I imagine it will only get worse as our catalog grows.
Also I like that the search function brings up results based on title and the content of the documents. However in my opinion queries should add priority to exact title matches. A simple example of this: If I search the for a song titled "You are Good" it will bring up every single song with the phrase "You are Good". However the song that I want, which exactly matches the query will be all the way at the bottom of the results because it begins with a Y. This should not be the case. So concerning the search I basically request faster search results and smarter sorting of the results as well. (The faster search results would be nice for the bible verses as well) OTHER STUFF:
I can't list all of these off of the top of my head, but here are some annoying quirks I've experienced when using ProPresenter.
- ProPresenter doesn't remember display settings for the slide thumbnails. Every time I open it I have to zoom in on the slide thumbnails so the volunteers can read it. The same goes for bible verse results
- The "checking for updates dialogue" doesn't go away automatically if there is no update. It just keeps going and going until I manually close it.
- Random crashes (on a fairly powerful Windows PC). Although it seems like it's been better recently.

Pros and cons

Bewertet am 29.6.2019
Janet R.
Vice President
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our children grew up and so weren't traveling with our ministry anymore, but we still needed someone to run the laptop with all the different kinds of media we use - so ProPresenter with ProRemote was the choice we made.

Vorteile: The software is fairly easy to use and setup. We don't use all the extra modules that you can also purchase, and there are a lot of them. I love all the different areas to put items and arrange them the way I want to see them. I like the easy way to create new slides and videos right in the software.
The telestrator add on was definitely worth it for us. A great little item that allows you to write on the slide or video that you are showing. Works really well and very easy to use!!
Being able to purchase media from within the software is so nice and easy - goes into one place automatically and can be renamed and moved easily too.

Nachteile: There are several things I wish would improve. First of all, I wish the ProRemote app would be updated. This is the reason we purchased the software and it has disappointed us repeatedly!! For a long time, the Playlist would not show on remote at all (now it does but takes a long time to load even when I use a dedicated router to connect). Also, ProRemote will disconnect every 30 minutes or so, whether you just used it or not! Very frustrating. And there is no volume control with remote.
When I load new videos or audio into the software, the volume of the audio is always changed - either louder or softer (which makes it even harder to use ProRemote)!
ProPresenter is a huge program and takes a LONG time to load, even though we purchased a laptop with a little better than the recommended requirements (above the minimum). Once it finally loads, it usually works okay.
Never click on something in the program and then change your mind, the software will just stop responding.

An industry standard

Ryan Y.
Production Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I'm a happy user, there are definitely some things that could be improved, and I'm looking forward to seeing which issues are solved in the next release of the software.

Vorteile: The ability to connect to Planning Center Online. The ability to control ProPresenter via connected gear or have ProPresenter control connected gear. The ability to customize presentations. Groups, Lables, Categories, Hot Keys, and Hot Folders.

Nachteile: The inability to resize the preference window when working with labels and groups is annoying. Also, I'd like to be able to create a label menu with sub items, like Verse Menu = Verse 1, Verse 2, Verse 3, etc...
We are currently working on writing some custom code to allow item selection in ProPresenter to automate tracking of PCO LIVE. This seems like something Renewed Vision could easily add with PCO's API.
The inability to resize the PCO LIVE pop-out to any size I want.
The inability to delete or rename a library category without first changing every library item in that category to some other category, or batch change the category of multiple items.
When using remote desktop and Master Control Module, it creates an output issue where both computers need to be restarted in order for the main machine to output the main out.

Platform concerns

Bewertet am 29.6.2019
Andy W.
Technical Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Now that I'm running it on an iMac, it is working very well. However, because I'm running it on an iMac, I did have to spend much more in additional components to allow it to properly function.
I do like that the application is now very stable and seems to be able to operate well.

Nachteile: Although the web site offered support for Windows, it does not run as a 64-bit application. It is a 32 bit application, not fully capable of accessing more available memory and processing capabilities that a 64-bit platform can offer. This should be noted on the website. In addition, whether it was running on Windows or iMac (which I now use), the ability to natively run Microsoft PowerPoint presentations is non-existent. I always had to install MS PowerPoint or Keynote and have ProPresenter launch the third party application. Other presentation software allowed us to play PowerPoint presentations natively from within the screen control software.
The video database categories functions could use some refinement. For example, I'd like the ability to see all available background or foreground videos and then filter out categories I don't want to see rather than the category filters only showing me that category.

ProPresenter Makes My Life a Breeze!

Tammy K.
Worship Minister
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am responsible for all the slides at a Sunday Worship Service, and this was tedious and time consuming with PowerPoint. ProPresenter streamlines what I do to the point that it's very easy now. I especially leverage it's interface with Planning Center Online. I particularly like the simple background video looping over multiple slides functionality, the slide looping functionality, and the smooth transitions when audio is started or stopped. It's greatly superior to PowerPoint.

Vorteile: ProPresenter has been designed to be super easy to use for a slide flipper, yet is robustly powerful for the most demanding of complicated productions and is super scalable effortlessly. I also LOVE its easy to setup/use interfaces with other software - especially Planning Center Online and PowerPoint. I've been using this 2 years and keep finding ways to streamline what I do even further! As Worship Minister at a bilingual church, I can pull together a Sunday Service playlist in under 5 minutes if there are no new songs. I give ProPresenter the very highest recommendation possible!

Nachteile: There is so much functionality available that a new user can feel overwhelmed. However by zeroing in on the task at hand and ignoring the fancy stuff at first, it's very simple to use and learn. Also to help keep you from being overwhelmed they have great video tutorials to get you on board and running smoothly.

ProPresenter for Worship

Glenn M.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, we love ProPresenter. Again, ease of use is a tremendous benefit. Plus, the quality is outstanding.

Vorteile: What I like most about ProPresenter is its ease of use. Managing song and presentation libraries, and use of backgrounds and videos is simple and extremely user friendly. There are a lot more bells and whistles that we don't even make use of. We haven't touched the tip of the iceberg regarding its full capabilities.

Nachteile: We have had some difficulties from time to time with importing Powerpoint presentations...particularly when there are animations or embedded videos. For instance, we often have guest speakers who bring their presentations (usually at the last second) with embedded videos. If we don't add them in separately, they tend to freeze up and we have to restart the program. Also, we have had issues with streaming, and we definitely steer away from DVDs.

ProPresenter is the go-to for church presentations.

Brian A.
Worship Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has taken our graphics presentation ability to a whole new level over previously used software. (MS PowerPoint, and Sunday Plus)

Vorteile: It allows you to store and organize multiple media types, and playlist for ease of functionality during events. It also syncs with our Planning Center Online account, which allows us the ability to import our plans, which saves a ton of time and effort. It's also very easy to learn the basics. We've had to have people run it in emergency situations before that had never run it before, and in just a few minutes, we were able to show them the basics.

Nachteile: The DVD function stopped scaling the video properly when our Mac Pro was updated to Mojave, so now we are not able to use it during services or any event that requires more that just the DVD player. (If all you're doing is using the DVD feature, you can change the resolution and use it, but it makes all your backgrounds unusable until you change it back). One other strange thing is that when we type in the document search bar the name of a song, for example, more times than not, documents that may have those key words in them, but not in their titles show up before the actual song with the title of the words you are typing in. It typically makes us fill in most, if not all of a song name before the song itself shows up in the search results.

Great Presentation Software for Churches and Presenters

Dale C.
Associate Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's been generally very positive, particularly on the Mac.

Vorteile: I love having a library of many, many songs and the ability to easily and quickly create a playlist. I can use templates to change the formatting of multiple songs at once. I can create different instances of a song so we can use the same song in multiple services but with different verses or arrangements. I love the ability to control the software with my iPhone and use an iPad for a stage display, all connected wirelessly, as well as the option of a screen in the back of our sanctuary that can either mirror the main display or show different options (next slide, clock, timer, etc.) This is a very capable program with features that can be added, including the ability to easily select verses to display from different scripture translations, etc.

Nachteile: I use the app on both a Mac (to create slides and for personal presentations in other settings) and a PC (in the sanctuary for worship), and the 2016 HP PC suffers in its performance in two ways. First, it takes a bit longer to click on a song and drag it to a playlist on the PC than on the Mac, so setting up a playlist takes longer. Second, even though we purchased a pretty capable graphics card for the PC, it simply is not capable of playing 1080 HD; it works much more smoothly with 720HD, so we have to downsize purchased backgrounds, videos, and the like. My 2015 MacBook Pro has no such limitations. One other thing, importing from PowerPoint is by no means as seamless as suggested. There's a lot of rejiggering and reformatting required... But it is possible and it saves time over re-creating a presentation.

Still the best...

Jason S.
Creative Team Lead
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use ProPresenter to display words to worship songs, video playback, slides for sermons... basically all the content that goes on our screen that doesn't come from a camera is from ProPresenter. It's dependable & the best choice for us.

Vorteile: ProPresenter is the most simple to use professional display software in existence. It gives you all the features of high end character generators, like alpha key, quick editing of text and graphics, but is simple to use and train volunteers on. It is also a dependable video playback device. It's networking features give great options to sync up multiple computers. It transitions seamlessly between all these necessary functions. They are always coming up with more features and functionality.

Nachteile: That there is still no simple way to integrate PowerPoint slides other than exporting jpegs. The browser feature has never successfully worked for me when it would have come in handy with online polling websites.

Optimal Presentation Software

Justin K.
Presentation Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software works best on high performance, professional grade Apple computer. It does not survive stress tests on a comparable Windows machine. The operator must maintain an ​organization during a long presentation, as well as optimize workflow​ so the machine can be dedicated to run ProPresenter only. Do not attempt to run to photoshop, after effects, or comparable application while running a mission-critical​ presentation. This software enables easy integration with broadcast set-ups including utilization as alpha-keyed computer graphics.

Vorteile: Easy to use and volunteer friendly software allows multiple operators, multiple outputs, and is extremely versatile. The mobile app enables operators from anywhere to make quick slide changes. The options built in the software enables​ presentations to be planned and executed in a fast-paced environment. ProPresenter's integrated Stage Display feature enables the Floor Director and talent to communicate without traditional whiteboards​, enables the band and vocalists to follow through with songs and performances, and enables the speaker to see notes on a confidence monitor.

Nachteile: The lack of the ability to search inside a specific presentation (such as a 150 slide show) to find a specific item hurts response time. It is difficult to find loaded resources for last unplanned minute requests (such as loaded testimonies, videos, etc). The inclusion of the Bible feature is nice, but not having the ability to hot switch to a new version from a created slide (automatically update formatted slide to the ​new version) decreases response time. The mobile app doesn't allow you to load pictures, videos on the fly from camera roll or from another desktop app to the operating machine. The background and foreground element have transitional problems, and the multiple transitions system is very complicated (and I have never understood it fully). We default​ to using a manual transition to slide or just the global one. ProPresenter may yield​ unexpected results after prolonged use.

Powerful Presentation software

Cliff R.
Technical Arts Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience with ProPresenter has been excellent and has been a reliable and powerful tool for our visual presentations.

Vorteile: ProPresenter is the best presentation software on the market. It is highly reliable and runs smoothly on our MacPro running Mojave. I enjoy the 3rd party integration that it offers with Planning Center and SongSelect. Renewed Vision Customer support is unmatched. I once updated ProPresenter and immediately encountered an issue with interactive cues not executing properly. I contacted support and within the hour my rep pushed a unique patch to me that resolved the issue. We added a Matrox DualHead2Go unit to our system along with the Multi-screen module last year and I am very happy with the performance and flexibility of this added feature.

Nachteile: There are instances when ProPresenter will crash when I use the Command+Z (Undo) keystroke. There are certain features I would like to see added to ProPresenter in the future that would rapidly increase productivity. Each Sunday, we export a PDF doc of the Scripture and Sermon slides that are used in the service. In order to capture the background that was used, the background cue must be manually placed on every single slide in the document before exporting, otherwise, the export will not include it and you will only get the text against the black or white background per your template. I wish there was a key combination or command that I could use as I drag a background out of the video/image bin and onto the first slide in the document that would cascade that cue onto all of the slides in the document. I imagine this working similarly to how the grouping feature operates as you select sides from left to right.

Mostly pleased with ProPresenter for Mac, mostly not with Windows version

Bewertet am 26.6.2019
R.j. H.
Technical Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall ProPresenter is a great product, and in spite of some minor issues--some of which have been computer & external hardware issues--I've been pleased with it.

Vorteile: We switched from EasyWorship, which worked pretty well but needed updating at the time. Since we decided to replace our antiquated Windows computer with a Mac, we opted for ProPresenter which several people recommended. We bought a campus license so we're also using it on a couple of Windows computers. I like ProPresenter's versatility and ease of use. It has a lot of great features, several of which I haven't even put to use. On our fast iMac it works really well.

Nachteile: Although our Windows computers supposedly meet the minimum requirements, ProPresenter's Windows version is painfully slow. Like, click to highlight a song and wait 3 seconds before it even highlights it. Even first executing ProPresenter is slow, and there's no "hour glass" to let you know it's in the process of turning on. It's common to wait at least 30 seconds before the logo even shows up. To be fair, I haven't called tech support about that yet. But they should at least display an hour glass to let you know something's happening. Also DVDs won't play in ProPresenter since Microsoft removed DVD support post-Windows 7. On the Mac version I've reported a minor clunky design issue 2-3 times in the past couple of years but it hasn't yet been fixed: the song list & playlist "sliders." Clicking directly ON the slider doesn't work; you have to aim 1/8" to the left of it! It's a minor negative among dozens of awesome features. I’ve found that ALL the output monitors/projectors have to be turned ON before ProPres is opened, otherwise it sometimes freezes up and I have to “force quit.” On more than one occasion the stage monitor has timed out/turned off between church services, but if I try to turn it back on without shutting down ProPres first, it gets confused on where to output. I suspect the HDMI distribution amplifier's "searching for monitors" is freaking it out. PowerPoint/Keynote files don't play natively in ProPresenter, but there's a work-around.

Nothing Can Hold A Candle to Propresenter

Beau N.
Production Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I’ve been using Propresenter since 2003 and from time to time have dabbled with other presentation software. In the end the usability and features of Propresenter has caused it to clearly stand head and shoulders above everything else. I’ve loved to see the software evolve and how Renewed Vision has listened to it’s users and made adjustments accordingly. Nothing else can hold a candle to Propresenter.

Vorteile: The ease of use is probably the best thing about Propresenter. You can practically pick it up and begin to use it right away. There are fantastic tutorial videos that give you everything you need to know but there’s also a great community and support. The other thing that I absolutely love is the expandability. In the beginning you may just need the basic functions but as your organization grows, Propresenter has all the tools needed to grow with you.

Nachteile: Honestly, most of the functions I have liked least about the software have been slowly weened out through out the year.

Best combination of value and features

Jay D.
Creative & Technical Dir
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Propresenter was a definite upgrade over our previous system EasyWorship. The great majority of the time it is a pleasure to use. It has the occasional quirk where media links break and media has to be reimported (even for media that was not moved from it's original location). Another issue I face frequently is Propresenter forgetting previous stage display settings and having to go back into the preferences and re-enable stage display again.

Vorteile: Getting your media into Propresenter and starting presentations couldn't be easier. Works great as a way to present lyrics for songs and compile a database of song lyrics. There are also advanced features available for power users that help extend the functionality of the system.

Nachteile: I don't really like the process of creating cues to advance slides on presentations. There could be an easier way to incorporate videos into presentations that run on their own. Also the integration between Propresenter and the cloud service doesn't work great. I could never get it to sync correctly so I cancelled my subscription and went about what I wanted to do a different way. Also documentation on advanced features could be better. Most of the time when I want to do something involving one of the advanced modules or something involving synchronization between my lighting system it involves digging through the internet for a user who figured it out and was nice enough to share their process.

Wonderfully powerful software for every church/ministry

Bewertet am 9.1.2018
Chadsey L.
Marketing Manager

Kommentare: Less headaches and ease of use. Coming in on a Sunday morning and having the software works perfectly as planned.
There really isn't much to dislike. The price is competitive and a great value. The software is superb and any problems are quickly address in new updates. The abilities are almost endless

Vorteile: The ease of use is probably my favorite thing. If you need a basic display system for your church this will get you going right away without a hitch. If you need more advanced, multi network, multi screens, adding confidence moniters or stage displays, using iPads and IP networks with a control room. Ya know the mega church display setup.... this is still the preferred program to use. The training available from the manufacture is also a plus, as well as the online community constantly helping each other use this product to their specific needs. The continual advancement of the product is great, but also past versions still function wonderfully without the need to update unless you just need to advance with the times. Another is the nearly perfect problem-less track record of using the software it has in the 5+ years of me using it across multiple systems, setups, and churches.
The ability for nontech volunteers to quickly learn the program is worth any church investing. I train people who barely know how to operate a computer or operate a Mac, and they catch on quickly because the software makes it easy. Even as they are learning and there are problems with wrongs slides displaying (user errors), I'm able to oversee them and quickly fix without a big ordeal and without distraction for the audience on my accounts.
The integration with other products are excellent too. Whether it be SongSelect, social media in your messages, advanced graphics cards/etc, or iPads/Apple TVs.

Nachteile: If I have to say one negative is this software works best with Mac's. Through the years the software has had issues with PC's running ProPresenter. Although I have heard that the latest ProP 6 has corrected most conflicts in Windows software, so this con may be mute by now, I don't know I stick to Mac for our media computers.

ProPresenter - Meets Our Needs

Kent W.
Pastor of Worship
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We really like the flexibility that Propresenter offers in a live presentation. It has proven to be the easiest software to use in a live situation, especially when the presenter needs flexibility from the tech team in his/her presentation. Although it's not perfect, ProPresenter is simply the best presentation software that is available for us to meet our current needs.

Vorteile: There are many things I like about ProPresenter especially in our house of worship setting. I like how it makes presenting various multimedia formats nearly seamless, once imported. It's flexible, powerful, and relatively easy to use, once the presentation is built. I really like the multiple display options, especially the ability to change the stage display from default to mirrored with a simple cue within the presentation.

Nachteile: As easy as it is to use ProPresenter, setting it up can be a difficult process at times. We've not gotten ProPresenter to do certain animations like other presentation software will do. Unfortunately, importing other presentation software into ProPresenter can be a minefield of wasted time if your presentation isn't in exactly the right format with everything sized correctly, text boxes correctly placed, and graphics and text all in a single layer. It has also been our experience that ProPresenter runs much more smoothly on a Mac computer than on a PC with similar hardware configurations.

Propresenter Reviews

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Samuel M.
youth pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Propresenter can do almost anything. The flexibility of building slides and content in the layers makes it great for clean, nice presentations, but it also means if I need to make a quick announcement slide for our church, I can grab a background, plug in the information, and make a nice looking slide using the editing tools available. Keeps me from scrambling for my laptop and pulling up Photoshop or Illustrator. I also love the simplicity of displaying slides. As a church we have volunteers running Propresenter for our services (which includes songs, motion backs, announcements, Bible passages, etc.) and it's that once we've built it, they pretty much just have to click through. As the youth pastor, I also love being able to use the remote app on my iPad when I teach. That means I can go through the slides as I need to, or if I'm down a volunteer I can make things run on my own.

Nachteile: My least favorite part of Propresenter is also one of the things I love—double edged sword I guess. While it's incredible flexible and powerful software, it's also incredibly complicated. There are menus, features, options, integrations I seem to discover daily. This is great for myself and those who build the presentations, but it's a struggle for volunteers. Displaying slides is simple, but troubleshooting, on-boarding, etc. is difficult. I feel as though I'm constantly sharing tips, tricks, training, etc. cause there are just things I can't replicate or teach in a planned training.