NexTech Patient Portal Bewertungen

von Nextech Systems

Über NexTech Patient Portal

Engage your patients using HIPAA-compliant patient portal that provides secure messaging and automated reminder system.

Erfahre mehr über NexTech Patient Portal

Kevin H.
M.D. - Physician
  • Bewertet am 1.1.2018

"Ideal for the current specialist doctor"

Vorteile: As a specialist in dermatology I needed a software that understood my needs and that of my patients, using Nextech I had the possibility to customize my work, Simplify patient records, Keep an eye on the practice management data and make strategic decisions with the analytics I could even enhance the patient experience, because of all of this i love this software.

Nachteile: I wish it would also give me the possibility to share my analytical data with my colleagues so that based on this data I could do research work, it would be ideal for the software to help me with that.

• Bewertet am 1.1.2018
Tracie P.
Lab Supervisor
  • Bewertet am 27.9.2019

"Excellent Patient Portal"

Kommentare: Overall, the patient portal has worked well for us as well as our patients. It also has helped us to remain compliant with all of the new requirements. Our patients use the portal to obtain their information as well as look at what happened during their patient encounter.

Vorteile: The patient portal has been great for our patients. They love being able to access their medical records and see results. We also use our portal for patient to login and fill out paperwork as well as make and cancel appointments.

Nachteile: There is not really anything we do not like about it. It is something that takes time to set up, but overall works great.

• Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Hannah L.
Practice Administrator
  • Bewertet am 17.11.2016

"Nextech"

Kommentare: Initial costs were managed with a no interest loan for three years and reduction in introductory costs. However, the details were so complicated and confusing for first time users of EHS that the unreasonable annual maintenance fees were obscured as we made our decision between Nextech and other systems. The sales person also did not emphasize these annual fees - he only emphasized the 3 years without interest and the lower introductory cost. We have 22 stations and had to pay licensing fees of $1200 for each station. We are being charged $15,000 annually for maintenance and upgrades whether we need them or not. In addition, should we not pay the annual $15,000 fee and need tech support or maintenance the next year, we are obligated to pay the $15,000 from the previous year in addition to the $15,000 for the current year. Last year, we needed no support and the upgrades did not affect us. Thus far this year, we have not needed maintenance or upgrades and so we are researching other EHS systems that have fees for support, upgrades and maintenance on an a la cart basis as needed. If we are not able to negotiate a reasonable relationship with NEXTECH regarding these fees, we will either convert to a new system and effectively lose more than $65,000 in software expenses or convert back to paper and take the penalty cuts until we retire. Fees for services are being constantly reduced and expenses are constantly rising, therefore, as a solo independent practice, we simply cannot afford to budget $15,000 for something we may not or do not need.

Vorteile: As any other EHS product, it eliminates the paper requirements and increases the legibility and service details documentation.

Nachteile: Entirely too expensive in ALL regards - $1200 licensing fees to even use the product on equipment we also had to purchase to run the software in addition to #15,000 annual maintenance fee and fees per doctor, etc.

• Bewertet am 17.11.2016
Brianna O.
  • Bewertet am 10.9.2015

"A positive change in the world of EMRs"

Vorteile: We were previously using another system and were finding it very difficult for our staff to complete their documentation efficiently and within a reasonable time frame. Our Clinical Records were looking disorderly and incomplete. Since the switch to Nextech we immediately noticed our charts were complete (even including meaningful use). The program was easy to adapt to and easy to navigate. The ease of use and the thoroughness of the clinical notes are what I like best about the program.

Nachteile: My least favorite part about Nextech is the reports. I often have trouble finding numbers on how many patients with a certain diagnosis or it will say there are no patients and I know there are patients in the category I am selecting.

• Bewertet am 10.9.2015
Judy B.
Sr. Director, IT and Project Management
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.4.2018

"Nextech is a very robust combined PM/EMR solution. Our practice has 4 locations and we do a variety of services, and Nextech is able to handle 95% of what we need. The practitioners like iPad app for charting."

Kommentare: The Nextech team is continually working on improvements and upgrades, and the community portal allows all of us to request new enhancements and also to vote on enhancements for the next release.

Vorteile: We have a complicated scheduling process, and Nextech's scheduling tool is able to handle it with booking rules and schedule template.

Nachteile: Nextech does not support automatic monthly payments. This requires us to have staff manually process membership payments every day.
The support for Nextech is good in that you always get a person, but sometimes you many wait in a queue for up to 45 minutes.

• Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Tammy G.
Business Owner/Consultant
  • Bewertet am 28.11.2018

"Nextech Scheduling System"

Kommentare: I find this system a little more cumbersome to navigate than some and a little easier than others. On the fence with this one. The separation of the different modules by function make this an expensive system. The watered down version is too expensive for the parts that you do get and to me don't make it worth the investment.

Vorteile: The scheduling system is fairly easy to use and navigate. Entering patient information in to the scheduler is fairly easy.

Nachteile: I would like more customization with the information fields that suit our practice and needs. The flow of the information on the screen isn't as fluid as it should be in order to have speed with entering data.

• Bewertet am 28.11.2018
Olga L.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.9.2019

"All in One"

Kommentare: It was easy to work with it once you get a hold of it

Vorteile: It was very easy to navigate it with lots of customizable options. I liked the fact that all information about a patient could be inputted into the software so we could be a paperless practice

Nachteile: Sometimes it seemed that there were too much of everything. But then you realize that all of those options can be utilized to maximize resulsts

• Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Tammy B.
Accts Specialis
  • Bewertet am 10.12.2019

"Nextech makes my day easier!!!"

Kommentare: Nextech is the most wonderful, easy to use office software system I have ever used. It makes my day so much easier. Love it!!!

Vorteile: It is really user friendly. It has so many options for patient information as well as practice reports.

Nachteile: I really have come across any least favorite using this on a daily basis. It's nice that I don't have any dislikes.

• Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Donna R.
  • Bewertet am 14.11.2018

"Very Costly"

Vorteile: This nextech system was very easy to use and teach new employees to use and navigate as long as you are not trying to use as EMR.

Nachteile: Very expensive you are charged for everything!
EMR system can be confusing especially if you are not traditional medicine.

• Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Kate F.
  • Bewertet am 3.11.2016

"NexTech"

Kommentare: Too expensive for support. When first purchased they were more helpful but now they charge extra for everything. You have to pay $$$$ for each computer license.

Vorteile: Practice Management is OK but not as good as Centricity. The EMR is better and at first they helped with Meaningful Use Reporting but starting this year they don't unless you pay extra.

Nachteile: I don't like the billing. Very hard to understand.

• Bewertet am 3.11.2016
Colleen D.
Nurse Practitioner
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2016

"Nextech Dermatology Software is VERY adaptable!!"

Vorteile: With Nextech software I can make changes any time I want. I will be honest as a Nurse Practitioner who wasn't all the computer savvy, it took me awhile to learn it, but the younger personnel at Nextech were able to walk me through the process. The possibilities with this system are endless. That being said, you do have to program it to fit your needs. At first, I complained about that, but then I realized I had to make it work for our own individual practice. The staff at Nextech helped me get through ALL the Meaningful Use stages and I am very grateful to the staff at Nextech for all their great support.

Nachteile: You have to make up your own stampers which is time consuming. I wish Nextech would give new dermatologists who buy the software the basic stampers they might need to start their practice right away. There are so many dermatologists that are using this software that they could just work with them and get a general consensus on what are the most common stampers needed.
If the new dermatologists didn't like the way something was written, its very easy to make changes or edits. There are also four other areas called assessment, medication, procedure, and a line for discussion or education. Even those areas could be preprogrammed to the most common statements. This would help the new dermatologists get started.

• Bewertet am 5.3.2016
Ann B.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.12.2017

"Our office has been using Nextech Practice Management for 7 years. Customer service is excellent. "

Kommentare: The benefit is the practice management. It is very user friendly. It offers most any kind of financial report you may be looking for

Very user friendly. The customer service is excellent. They offer a number of financial reports.
The inventory and commission based module is very easy to use for our estheticians. You can track everything. We have four locations, the messaging between users is very convenient and we use it every day between offices.
Sending claims out to clearing house is fast and efficient. The system will flag a claim that has something incorrect on it. You can fix it immediately and send out.
Totally love the PM part of Nextech

Nachteile: I do not like the EMR. Very overwhelming. Needs to be more user friendly. The doctors complain they have to go through to many steps and it takes to long.

von NexTech Systems an 18.12.2017

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. Nextech has worked over 20 years to develop and hone our PM system to provide you with the experience you described below. Regarding the EMR, we encourage you to contact your Account Manager about how Nextech can assist your practice with streamlining its medical notes. With thousands of providers using our system and a fully customizable EMR, we¿re certain we can reduce that frustration once we better understand your unique needs.

• Bewertet am 14.12.2017
Paula P.
Practice Manager
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2019

"My Experience with Nextech."

Kommentare: Overall, Nextech has been very user friendly. Navigation is great. Always upgrading and fixing issues and new products added to make documentation more effortless. Your knowledge base staff is wonderful. Very patient and always willing and wanting to assist. Your support is exceptional!! You are able to get answers quickly and problems resolved. Attitudes of staff great! Makes my job easier.

Vorteile: After having a very unhappy experience with another vendor, it is so enlightning to be associated with Nextech. Your software is very user friendly. Very easy to navigate. It is structured extremely complete for our specialty. Always coming up with new updates to make our documentation easier. I love the ease with the PM portion of Nextech. Everything from demographics to billing is structured in such a way that staff find it easy to use.

Nachteile: I have seen financial summary reports that not only list each and every provider but ability to compare this year to last year on one report. On your reports each provider would have to be separate and each year would be separate making several reports.

• Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Emily W.
Billing Manager
  • Bewertet am 12.3.2019

"Easy and Professional "

Vorteile: The scheduling process is very easy to use. Nextech gives you awesome options on setting different types of appointments with fun icons . When booking my patients appointments are schedule looks very easy to understand and colorful. My favorite thing will actually be the report option for appointment daily schedule. When verifying patient benefits you can have access to view each provider appointments and you can easily check what patient insurance is not active or what patient is missing medical insurance. For new practices using Nextech it is very helpful to attend there conference called EDGE. I attended this year and I was able to learn so much and get all the answers I needed.

Nachteile: At the moment Nextech does not have a recall reminder process. I do believe they are working on it. Also for billing they don't have an option to show that the patient account is in collections. It will be very helpful to have a separate alert for just Collections.

• Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Sydney A.
Coder
  • Bewertet am 15.9.2015

"NexTech is easy to use and navigate!!! "

Vorteile: I really like NexTech software for a few reasons. Being the only full time coder at a busy dermatology office I sometimes will code multiple dates of service on one date. If a claim is sent with the wrong date it will be rejected by the insurance company. NexTech will stop your claim before you can send it and ask if you're sure you want to bill on a date that the patient wasn't here. This saves time, money and headaches for not only coders, but billers. I also really like that NexTech will give you a pop up when patients are in post operative periods, so you don't forget your modifier!!

Nachteile: I can't find much I dislike about this product without it coinciding with user error. The Hide zero balance bills over 3 months old check box is extremely helpful when you're searching for unapplied payments. I do wish the button would reset when moving from one patient to another because there are times when I am wracking my brain trying to figure out why a certain patient has no claims sent, then I realize the button is still checked. But this is most often due to user error, not the product itself.

• Bewertet am 15.9.2015
Lisa C.
Practice Advinistrator
  • Bewertet am 16.4.2018

"Amazing technology support staff!!"

Kommentare: Each and every staff member is both knowledgeable AND helpful. It would be great to be part of a monthly interactive advisory group (other than the community portal). Would be nice to have a direct link to the portal after logging in to MDI. Thanks!

Vorteile: Support team! Short wait times. Complete answers when you get a person on the phone. Frequently they think ahead and anticipate your next question.

Nachteile: So many variables. Lots of decisions to make and options to set up. Difficult to make the "right" decisions at the beginning. Sometimes the changes seem too fast - and too much to keep up with just to stay current. Although the flexibility is a double edged sword (your flexibility is also a benefit!)

• Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Cecilia F.
  • Bewertet am 18.10.2018

"Nextech for Plastic Surgery Practice"

Kommentare: If there is ever a programming issue, I can contact Nextech support and they are great about solving any problem!

Vorteile: I like the ease at which I am able to produce plastic surgery quotes that I have already customized.
In addition, all of my surgical procedures and consents are customized so that it is quick and easy to compile and print them.
Printing medications from an customized medication quick list adds to the value of this program.
Nextech makes managing my practice manageable!

Nachteile: There are so many functions available on this program, I am certain that I have not taken advantage of all of them.

• Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Director of Information Services
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.8.2018

"Best Software for Dermatology"

Vorteile: Nextech is well written and customizable for each provider. Very simple for new staff to pick up when training.

Nachteile: Dislike the software backup methodology. Could be more streamlined so it takes less time and in addition, you'll need a device to backup a so-called workstation backup (I use a NAS) and the server backup backs up to a folder on the server so you'll need to think about space requirements when engineering a solution. In addition to the built in solution to the software I also backup the entire server using a thrid-party imaging solution.

• Bewertet am 28.8.2018
Anna B.
Patient Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 5.1.2018

"Expensive fees to keep software service and updates yearly. "

Kommentare: Basic scheduling needs and some reporting.

Vorteile: Scheduling is easy, drop down menus can be personalized. Maintaining providers schedules is simple.

Nachteile: One glitch that is frustrating is name changes. Once a patient is in the system, you can't change their name or the system deletes their file data. Photos, op reports, everything. It's a frustrating process b/c to make any new documentation legally correct, you have to go in by hand an change every where it's written, which on surgical consents can be almost 20 times. Then anything automated that goes out still has their wrong name. For divorced patients this is a frustrating reminder.
Most importantly though is the yearly fee. Once you purchase this software, you then have to continue purchasing it every year or it doesn't work properly (no updates) and you have no support from Nextech if something goes wrong. I wasn't here when it was purchased, but our physician emphatically denies every knowing this was going to be the case when he made the initial buy in. We pay thousands a year for this system, but switching seems very daunting and they know that. You're basically trapped when you buy in...if you don't pay, which we haven't for almost a year, then decide to break down and do it, it only back pays. Say you miss a year, you will have to pay for the year of service you DIDN'T get and then another year to get up to date. It's a huge rip off.

• Bewertet am 5.1.2018
Tracie P.
Laboratory Supervisor, Compliance Officer
  • Bewertet am 18.9.2018

"Super Easy System to Learn"

Kommentare: I am in charge of the Laboratory, both Pathology and Clinical Labs, and I have found the lab module very helpful in keep up with each patients results and being about to see when results are dropped to the charts.

Vorteile: It has been a fairly easy system for all staff members to learn

Nachteile: Would like to have had more one on one training for certain modules. I feel we would have been able to work thru problems faster had we had more training time. It takes some time to figure out how you want to incorporate each module and make it work for your practice.

• Bewertet am 18.9.2018
Tina H.
  • Bewertet am 27.10.2015

"NexTech Review"

Vorteile: There are too many to list but my top three reasons are: 1. I like how it is specific to our specialty of plastic and reconstructive surgery and that there is more way than one to get the same task accomplished.
2. Their customer service, from technical questions to administrative questions. Anytime I have reached out to our Account Rep., she has responded within 15 minutes.
3. Last but not least "Edge". Can't wait to sign up for next year's, just trying to find time to register. If you didn't go to their first conference last year, you should make a point to go or have someone from your office attend. Very informative, interactive and entertaining as well.

Nachteile: There is nothing at this time that I do not like about this product.

• Bewertet am 27.10.2015
Cassandra C.
Medical Assistant
  • Bewertet am 27.12.2018

"Interesting"

Vorteile: -create your own EMR notes
- most of the billing features are easy to use
-most features are easy to use
- good reports feature

Nachteile: -when there is an update they take away features. We were told no features would be taken away but every update features we use are taken away. One feature we used on a regularly was taken away and we had to pay for it to be put back. That does not make sense. We pay a lot of money every year to have the software.

• Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Tisha H.
Office Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 2.2.2019

"Nextech offers just about everything you could need for your specialty."

Kommentare: I love learning new aspects of Nextech. There is always something new to learn that helps with your day to day work.

Vorteile: The customization and the ease of use. .

Nachteile: The reports are sometimes a little complicated to figure out how to run.
It would be nice if their was an option to distribute payments to all line items with one click, rather than dragging to individual line items.

• Bewertet am 2.2.2019
Amber A.
Nurse Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.3.2019

"Nextech software"

Kommentare: Overall I think Nextech is great. I don't expect all tech companies to be perfect, but coming from Cerner at a hospital, Nextech is 100% better.

Vorteile: It's customizable which can help speed up the charting process tremendously.

Nachteile: Customer support has been hit or miss. I either get someone on the phone who either knows what I need or knows who to go to for my needs OR I get someone who has no idea how to help and cannot refer me to anyone either.

• Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Christina H.
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2015

"Nextech works well with fast pace dermatology practices"

Vorteile: We switched from another very large and expensive EMR/PM system. The old software company limited the flow of the practice, and quite frankly just slowed us down. We switched 5 years ago to Nextech and never looked back. The system is very robust and has a lot more functionality for our cosmetic, Mohs and dermatology practice.

Nachteile: I feel as though they're experiencing growing pains. Waiting on hold for one of there support team members is not fun at times. However, today I called and someone answered my call right away! :)Still better then our old EMR/PM system, where we had to call and log a support ticket and wait hours/days for someone to get back to us.

• Bewertet am 26.8.2015