DiskStation Erfahrungen

Über DiskStation

Nicht verfügbar

Disk station have many feature and function for small to large business. Easy to access from anywhere and rapid access to your personal files.

To set up remote login was a bit tricky specially setting up a DDNS.

Bewertungen zu DiskStation

DiskStation hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 76 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du DiskStation bereits verwendet?

Wale
Wale
Editor in Nigeria
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Incredible and reliable NAS solution

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: DiskStation greatly helps with backup and file access. For those who like to try, DMS apps offer useful and fun ways to take full advantage of your network-attached storage devices.

Being able to effectively manage your NAS through a web browser and an intuitive GUI is a big advantage DiskStation offers. There is a myriad of free applications you can install through DSM to fully take advantage and maximize your NAS device. The well-designed mobile applications also make accessibility possible when you are on the go.

Apart from being unable to use Active Backup Agent with macOS which is a big letdown, there isn't any other issue I have with DiskStation.

Bill
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Excellent small business solution

Kommentare: Using ABfB to backup my customers' servers and PCs off-site, and to backup my own local data to B2. So easy to use I backup all my managed PCs for bare metal restore. I can do this because ABfB's dedupe is very good at reducing storage used. Tested restores come up ready to put back into production.

The deduping is excellent at conserving space. Several different backup methods including multi-version, incremental and full-system bare metal restore. Can backup Linux servers agentless using SSH keys. Restores so far have been consistently solid. File and folder restores can be initiated from the NAS or the client computer. A report can be emailed daily or weekly showing the status of all backups. Backup as many computers as your bandwidth can handle -- there are no per-machine licensing costs.

No bare metal restore for Linux. I have numerous servers, desktops and laptops running Debian, Devuan, and Ubuntu that would be nice to be able to recover without rebuilding.

Davide
Manager in Italien
Zeitung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Outstanding software, constantly getting better

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I’ve been using it for fire than 10 years now, and can testify that it is constantly evolving and fixing bugs, releasing security patches in due time, and new major and minor version to further extend features at each release. Everything can be customised from a shallow and basic point to a very deep and complex one, so to each his own

It’s easy to setup and get started if you’re a novice, but at the same time the graphical interface allows you to dig much in depth quickly and easily to tune up every configuration as you need it to be. It is constant being updated to fix bugs and implement new features, looks nice and clean and quite intuitive, with helpful tips about what you’re about to do (not always, but mostly). Can be extended with a real lot of third party packages that you can download from the official installer or side load your self

Nothing much can be said about negative points really, maybe it could be even more quick (but it depends on the NAS specs you’re running) and with even more helpful tips for first time users to set up quickly in a basic way each function, but it would probably be too much out of scope and on the web you can find all kinds of official or unofficial guides

Brian
Tech Manager in USA
, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Solid & functional

Kommentare: My business has been using DiskStation for the last four years. Aside from the occasional hiccup, it has worked admirably. We use it for basic music playback in our music school. We have one at each of our locations, synced so that changes made to one location are reflected at the other. The response is slow at times, particularly when using a remote connection.

Mauricio
Marketing Consultant in Neuseeland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

DiskStation is an easy to use multi-functional server.

Kommentare: DiskStation is very easy to setup, runs on a variety of hardware supplied by Synology and can scale from two drives to 12 disks, always with the same ease of use.

Very easy to setup and manage. Great set of applications available. The Docker feature is especially useful when running services that aren't native to the operating system. Networking is easy to configure and even supports ethernet bonding (when connected to a proper switch) to improve local network performance. MFA account security supports both authenticator codes and WebAuthn (hardware security keys and fingerprint scanners). The RAID configuration is easy.

I have been using an extensive set of features and additional apps and have not found something that made me think "I'd like this differently".

Jeremy
Jeremy
Owner in Kanada
Design

Synology Diskstation has been an incredibly valuable resource for business and home solutions.

The amount of first-party apps which are aimed at solving a lot of tasks users may have is what makes this software suite great. Other NAS providers may aim at a handful of media and downloading softwares, but Synology makes it clear out of the gate that their focus is on productivity. They produce apps which handle everything from CRM and CMS installations to security camera integration, to virtualization. The sheer value proposition of Diskstation makes it difficult to view this as a valuable product. Their customer service is also spot-on - we had to run an RMA through their center and both Email and Phone support were prompt and helpful.

The only issue I have found is either the learning curve of the software is a bit too high for some use cases, or the software doesn't dive deep enough into it outright replacing everything we are using. While I see incredible value for others with the mail server, for instance, it cannot perform everything we need and so it isn't being used. This is only a minor issue though, as I am confident there is something for everybody on in this product.

Joseph
Photographer in USA
Fotografie, Selbstständig

DiskStation does the job

A lot options to customize the experience to fit my needs.

Permissions are not straightforward. This could be a problem for less tech savvy users.

IT Manager in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate

Diskstation - one stop file sharing solution

Kommentare: We have been using it for over 2 years. It has greatly helped us with our file sharing needs. It's quick to deploy too for new users and requires minimal training.

Diskstation is very easy to setup and use. The interface uses the DSM OS which gets regular updates and all the controls can be accessed easy. The ability to install apps is a big plus.

The interface can sometimes be little slow and take up huge amount of resources.

Matthew
Owner/Photographer in USA
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Simple. Robust. Customizable. Effective. Reliable.

Kommentare: Per-device local & remote backup. Local redundant file storage. Fast & secure NAS solution.

Clean interface. Ease of access. Customizable. 3rd Party App support & security. It just WORKS, ALWAYS.

I do not have anything that I would attribute to a Con in all truth.

HelpDesk in USA
Immobilien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Synology DiskStation for Business

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: DiskStation has been great for the company and allows us to continuously adapt to an ever-changing work environment.

This software allowed us to create a NAS system to be shared with users in the office. We were able to set and configure rules and install applications as needed to fit our needs.

There is a learning curve to the software.

Steve
Code Mercenary in USA

I have been a fan for years and I love it more the more I use it

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: I've been using a DiskStation at my office for backups since around 2014 or 2015. I have loved it the whole time. I always wanted to get one to use at home and I finally did in 2020 and it's been great. I was blown away that when they released the newest version of the OS they even supported it on my old model so I was able to upgrade it and the new OS works great on the old hardware. I really like that they give proactive information about the state of the drives. If a drive is starting to have issues the software tells you about it, by email so you don't have to login to see it. I have replaced multiple drives long before they failed because of those early warnings. Replacing a drive is also very easy because of how they've built the interface.

The UI is amazing to me. I love how easy it is to use. It looks just like a modern operating system but it runs inside the browser so it's very intuitive. I also love all the apps you can install to handle many different needs. I use it for Plex for managing my media and doing all my TV recording and playback. I also use it for Docker to run containers to manage my wifi network as well as using NodeRed to do some custom data work.

The stated max memory for the unit I use at home, the DS 920+, is 8GB. That's very limiting if you want to run multiple virtual machines and docker containers. It will technically support more, I added a 16GB stick so I have 20GB and it works without problems but if I have any trouble I will have to take out the extra memory to get support. While my DS920+ supports two M2 style SSD drives, you can only use them for read cache and write cache. You can't allocate any of the storage for any other purpose. It would be really nice if I could put in one or two large SSDs and then use parts of them for fast storage.

Main editor in Spanien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

NAS + Internet services up with little or no effort

Kommentare: Business and home users that want to go easy into the world of IT, NAS, backups and internal services will enjoy the simplicity and versatile options od DiskStation.

DiskStation systems are a mix of software and hardware. The hardware can come in different set-ups eg. space for 2 or 4 hard disks, different CPUs and memory, different form format… The software is what will make you a happy “expert” in managing NAS. DiskStation makes easy to set the system up. It will ask you how do you want to configure the disks (like, sum the capacity of the disks, use ones as backup copies of the others, or a mix of both). The software will do all the work of setting the underlying OS for you. There are tools to create users, groups, share folders and control services. But DiskStation does not end here! It has lots of softwares and services you can install for free (or a little price sometimes). If you are using it in an office environment, you will find some jewels: VPN service, backup to another NAS or external service, LDAP, Mail server, Dropbox.com-like service for your users, backup-time machine service, a suite of office and collaboration online tools (like Google Suite) and other Open Source apps (CRM, ERP). For domestic and home office, check the Video (home theater, Kodi-like) app, music server, photo gallery, P2P background download, auto-copy an USB pen drive when connected, and many more. Every service has a ton of nice features (eg. forget Dropbox, upload a file to the NAS and share it via an expirable URL). Many DiskStation services have a counterpart in app version. For example. DS Photo uploads the photos in your mobile device to the

Some times you are short on information when things “happen”. Eg, there appears a symbol of “indexing” but you don’t know why it’s indexing now and how much it takes.

Greg
Sysadmin in USA
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Synology has transformed our File Server + VPN situation

Kommentare: As a Sysadmin I can say that Synology has solved many critical issues not just at my current job but others as well, simplified our environment, reduced support tickets, and created an environment where things just work. As long as your network is configured right and you have the synology setup well, you will not run into many issues especially in a mixed windows/mac environment.

We first introduced Synology diskstation into our environment about 3 1/2 years ago to solve a specific problem. We were running our file server on a windows server in an environment where we have windows and mac devices. Mac devices were struggling to connect, have poor performance when using SMB, and other less pressing issues. We needed to do something. It didn't take a lot of research to find Synology and be convinced to give it a try. Not only did it solve our file server issue, but it solved our vpn issue too. We were using a certain vendor for vpn which posed many problems and once we setup the vpn server on the diskstation and migrated the users to it, All vpn issues went away. We have had minimal issues since day 1.

The support. When you reach out via their site for chat support, it is very level 1 type support and there's not a lot they can assist with. Maybe this is typical, but it's not always convenient. You can file tickets from the interface which puts your ticket in a queue of higher tiered support which communicates via email. While the support has been able to resolve 99% of our issues, you do have to wait via email. Just not my favorite support but this would never stop or prevent me from continuing to use Synology.

Peter
Accountant, Tax Preparer, IT consultant in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Your data is safe with Synology!

Kommentare: File sharing and data backup beast - it's really great for lots of other things but for our business those are the two things we have used it for and it is an awesome addition to our company's IT infrastructure.

The pros of the Synology software are that you don't need to be an IT professional to use it. It is basic enough for the average person to figure out yet robust enough to really dig in deep and get some really great features and apps working for you. It's super easy to set up a new DiskStation using the Synology software. This is coming from someone who has set up and administrated 4 for my company over the last 5 or so years. Before that I has set up and administrated Linux servers for my company's file sharing needs. With all of the learning and time I had to put into figuring out how to do what needed to be done in Linux I could have just spent few more dollars to buy a DiskStation and let it do most of the work for me. The Synology software is setup a lot like a computer desktop, with apps and a taskbar and the option to show your system health (similar to to Task Manager on a computer). There are lots of helpful utilities built in with lots of add-in app options for anything from music sharing to web hosting to file sharing. There is good built in security as well but the less the outside world is able to reach your server the better. I now use it completely offline as a backup for a Windows server as our needs changed after using it for a simple file server for years. It is still a vital part of our business and the versatility is a HUGE strong point with these machines and this very powerful software.

The biggest cons would be that it is hard to learn how to do certain things and the support is minimal unless you pay for a support package. Fortunately there is a large community of users that you can query for answers to your problems. My biggest headache was setting up remote backups with Synology DiskStation to DiskStations. This is slightly more of an advanced function but one that I think many people use this for but the documentation on how to accomplish this is very simplistic and not detailed enough. If you follow the directions given (even in the forums) you get basic instructions that don't accomplish what you need to. Not sure why they didn't think to give better instructions on how to do something so needful.

Active Director Administrator in USA

Diskstation is perfect for personal and small business use. A great admin interface with good tools.

The web Admin console handles just like a smooth operating system. It's easy to update applications and the Diskstation itself. It's amazing how far Synology has polished the interface experience, even compared to enterprise-grade interfaces. Cross-platform protocols supported: SMB and NFS are supported, which is great for my shop, as we have Linux, Windows and Apple devices that require a variety of protocols to access files via the Synology device. Raspberry PIs and many smart devices can communicate with your Diskstation without issue. Easy to get started: High adoption of these devices means lots of help can be found online. Synology provides how-to articles and knowledge base. Monitoring widgets: Easy and informative widgets to monitor capacity of drives, health, and resources available. These can be configured on a dashboard to check at a glace in the Admin interface. Integrates with Plex media center app. I can use my Diskstation NAS to host my local media and stream to all of my media devices on the network.

Package Center adoption not comprehensive: It would be nice to see a larger variety of offerings for apps. As it stands, if you have a Diskstation that does not have the ability to run virtual machines, you you will be limited in what applications are available.

Dustin
Dustin
Service Manager in USA

An Appliance for Anything

Kommentare: We are able to provide mass storage for a fraction of the cost of putting in Windows File Servers for businesses whose needs are either too small or too spread out to justify the licensing costs associated with Microsoft Environments.

It's so easy to set up and maintain. Once it's set up, you never really have to touch it either. Software is very stable and I sometimes go check on it wondering if my notification settings failed but there it is ready to do anything I need it to. The sheer number of roles I can install on a Diskstation are staggering and it is all comparable to software costing hundreds of dollars more than what you can get a full Diskstation and Drives for.

I logged into my most recently installed DiskStation to see if I could find something that I didn't like and it's hard. Like I had to start getting really critical. The best I can come up with on cons is that some of the online documentation of features is a little vague. For example, I was trying to find out which was the smallest Diskstation I could install the new Virtual Machine Manager on and I had to just go on faith when it said I could install it.(System resources will be your bottleneck, not the actual DiskStation OS not letting you on smaller models so keep that in mind)

Stacey
Stacey
Systems Administrator in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, full featureset.

Kommentare: I have installed multiple Synology NAS systems for different labs on campus. Built-in multiple 10Gb networking provides fast access. AD integration provides simple authentication path for changing class rosters allowing simple turnover from semester to semester.

Provides a intuitive interface to what could be complex configurations. Linux based with a web management interface that allows granular control of configuration. Great support for Active Directory authentication. Security updates are prompt and backwards compatible. The current system software run on the most recent Synology hardware as well as the older hardware. The only thing missing from older hardware are Intel CPU dependent features suck as virtualization. All add-on software modules that you need are freely available for installation via the Package manager.

Older or lower end hardware uses a slower ARM CPU. This limits performance compared with Intel CPU based hardware.

Rob
Technology Manager in USA

Synology Diskstation and NAS Storage are a must have for a small business.

Kommentare: The benefits we get from this software is small startup cost and maintenance for our small business because we don't have to pay an IT company and a huge initial fee to set up a server for us because Synology makes it so easy to setup a NAS server.

The ease of use of this software is by far the greatest part of it. It is very user-friendly and almost anyone with the smallest amount of technical skills can set up a Server/NAS with Synology's diskstation. It allows our company to store all of our product photos and files on the drive while being able to give access to people through the cloud service, so they can work on the road or at home if needed.

There is nothing I dislike about this software. Synology really knows how to cover all of its bases and make NAS as easy as turning on your TV.

Daniel
Daniel
Founder in Südkorea
Internet, Selbstständig

The Best Way to Manage and Backup Your Data

DiskStation is so user-friendly. The menus are easy to navigate and you can find what you're looking for very quickly. Setup is a breeze and the add-ons give you more functionality without any added cost. I love the virtual desktop environment that Synology has created for DiskStation. It feels like I'm using another OS but I think that's a good thing. The environment is different enough so I don't confuse it with my main OS but familiar enough so I can do what I need to quickly. Synology has made backing up critical data effortless and made accessing that data very convenient.

The software is great but the online support material is lacking in a big way. I wish there were more videos produced by Synology to help users understand the advanced features of the software. It also feels like I'm downloading updates all the time.

Carlos
Designer in Venezuela
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good for starting better for growing

Kommentare: Been a small team of creative people with no technical experience in server installation and management, Synology did offer us the perfect solution for growing our business.

- Very powerfull an easy to configure for a novice user (0 prior experience in server instalation). - Very stable and reliable. We start with a small size server, and after 3 years we move to a bigger solution. We decide to remaing with Synology primearly because of the features and ease of use of it operating system.

- There are some bugs that have to be solved by commandline, which it´s something kind of nerve-raking. - The Drive integration still need improving. - The online tutorials and guides could be better.

Erik
Owner in Niederlande
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best and NAS with the most features available

Kommentare: Use it to store documents and make the documents available everywhere in a safe way. Also use it to run extra (3rd party) apps. Hyper backup makes a backup to an other NAS which is 100km away to make sure we have a safe backup.

Easy to use NAS manager software 3rd party software packages available Easy to implement Lots and lots of features available Stable , never crashed in more then 12 years Good customer support Frequent software updates available also for older models.

I have a hard time thinking for the cons because to be honest I really do not know. Ok maybe the price can be a con.

Integration Solution Architect in Australien
Immobilien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Synology DiskStation - A Small Office Server covering file, email and networking needs

Kommentare: I have been using disk station for more than 10 years. Thanks to its RAID configuration, two disk failures in that time went without any data loss. I have used it in a few different ways (including hosting a website and running own cloud file station!).

What I appreciate the most about the Synology DiskStation is the versatility. It is not a simple NAS drive. Through the comprehensive, yet easy to use extension system, the disk station can be expanded with Email server, Git server, VPN server, Media server among other functionalities.

The firmware upgrades could be simpler. Sometimes it is not as straightforward as I would have liked.

President in USA

Very robust and user friendly

Many features available in an invisible appliance. I use 2 disk stations, one at our dental office and one at home. I have them linked to back up to each other, so offsite backups are painless. Essentially I control my own cloud. Accessing data via mobile is very easy using my iPad so I can get a needed file quickely. The hardware has been rock solid over the years, and the software updates come regularly, eliminating threats and adding features, while not being buggy. Truly a great product that keeps getting better. They continue to support the units I have with software updates even though they are several years old. So far no feeling of obsolescence.

A few things that require set up can sometimes be a bit confusing. Unless you are willing to read a bit online and think it through, it's a bit of work to get the most out of this highly capable system. If you happen to be experienced in setting up NAS systems, then I'm sure it's not that hard. For me, however, even though I'm an electrical and computer engineer, I still have to relearn some things each time I interact with the software. This is probably a complement since it means that it runs well enough that you end up not interacting very often to make adjustments.

Harshit
Harshit
Software intern in Indien
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A worthy product for all developers

Kommentare: Best product and definitely worth giving a try

The software is designed in such way that it provides a fastest cloud services and our own virtual machine at an insanely low price

I am using this software for over 6 months have nothing like cons.

CS Specialist in Slowakei
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Finally a good web application

Kommentare: I used NAS for a long time from other brand and I was happy with. However, after purchasing Synology, I was surprised to find that software for NAS management can be programmed intuitively and efficiently. Thank you for it!

I used the D-Link web application, but Synology is much better. It is easier to orient in it, it's overall faster and more intuitive. App receives regular updates. As usual, I appreciate the super mobile application (tested on iOS). In case of interest, you can choose from a list of add-ins and plugins for extensions.

I had a problem playing content on Samsung Smart TV, but after a proper study I managed to. It would be nice to have a faster initial setup.