Parallels Desktop for Mac Erfahrungen

Über Parallels Desktop for Mac

Nicht verfügbar

Parallels provides a wonderful UI for using Windows on your Mac. The price is invaluable versus dual booting.

It got laggy sometimes and crashed for no reason (as mac user you dont get that a lot with apple software.

Bewertungen zu Parallels Desktop for Mac

Parallels Desktop for Mac hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 142 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Parallels Desktop for Mac bereits verwendet?

Tommy
Tommy
CTO, senior system architect in Schweden
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Running Windows on a Mac (intel or M chips), the EASY way!

Kommentare: It just works. Like magic. Ok, maybe not magic - but it's perfect and the easiest and fastest way to run virtual machines (Windows 11) on the Mac, even in an integrated environment. Feels just perfect.

The super fast installation, quick set up and deployment. It just works, fast and the integration with the Mac OS host OS is well made, always working and over the years, never an issue - even with the betas. Some betas broke it, Parallels fixed it in a few days.

NOTHING! It's a perfect product, a match made in heaven for Mac!

Gordon
Senior SAP Consultant in Kanada
Computer-Software, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Parallels Desktop for Mac Integrates Seamlessly with Windows

Kommentare: Overall, great solution in this increasingly world where more and more companies are moving to the cloud. The would definitely needs more options to be able to access the cloud safely.

- One of our SAP clients operates in different countries across Africa and decided to go cloud and Parallels Desktop for both Mac and Windows was the perfect solution for all the users and administrators. We set up all SAP databases in the various localities and had the users login via Parallels and so far so good. - Parallels Desktop for Mac a simple and secure option for accessing remote servers either in windows or any other operating system. The application is simple and lightweight and doesn't consume much of your computer resources. This means that you do not need a powerful computer to use Parallels Desktop for Mac to access a much more powerful server. - The set up and installation is quite easy and straightforward with all the Parallels setups readily available from their website. Additionally, the process of putting in the configuration to access a specific server is also not hectic.- Parallels Desktop for Mac is definitely more secure than its counterparts like Remote Desktop. You can st up different access levels for different users depending on what they need to do in the system, like administrator users can be given all the access rights and other non-admin users can be set up only to access what they need to access.

- I have had a few connection issues with Parallels Desktop for Mac where users are not able to print from SAP through parallels. Also, if the internet connection is not stable on the user's side, this is prone to a lot of complains from the users especially if the users cannot be able to differentiate whether the issue is Parallels or SAP

Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Parallels 13 is Not Worth an Upgrade

Kommentare: I have purchased Parallels in their version 3 or 4 about 8 or 9 years ago. I mainly needed Parallels so that I can use Microsoft Office apps and to run Microsoft Explorer for some sites that insisted on using it (especially my bank). However, in the past few years the Office apps on Mac has become just as good and almost completely identical in how they present files that were generated on Windows platforms and also, Explorer has lost its dominance and there are no sites that require me to access them from Windows only. Therefore, this need has died. There are only 2 apps now that I still sometimes use on Windows and for which I don't have licenses on Mac: MS Project and Visio.

Running Windows 10 inside Parallels on my MacBook simply works as if it's completely native and it can connect and transfer files to and from my MacOS seamlessly.

* The price they charge for upgrading older versions. * Version 13 was promised to be much quicker than 12 but in fact, it made my virtual Windows run a lot slower than before. * Improvements from version to version are insignificant but they present them as they are breakthroughs.

Will
Will
Client Success Director in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Parallels "Coherence Mode" is a gamechanger for macOS lovers who have to run Windows only apps.

Kommentare: I love Parallels. Coherence mode, file sharing and copy/paste make it so simple to run Windows OS and macOS together seamlessly.

I love how easy Parallels is to set up. Additionally, as someone who greatly prefers macOS, Parallels' Coherence Mode is a gamechanger. Being able to run Windows in the background and work with a windows app in my mac environment has been awesome. Additionally, my colleagues and customers find it easy to use. This is a great option.

I think that sometimes it seems to use an excessive amount of RAM, even if you have it limited in settings.

Franz
Network Administrator in Brasilien
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig

Operating system virtualization on MacOS

Kommentare: Running some Windows only applications on my MacBook on the go.

Support for various guest operating systems like Windows, Linux, Android to run on MacOS. Easy switching of peripherals. Start menu integration

Higher battery consumption as when running pure MacOS. But my usage is more limited by the SSD disk space available .

Konsumgüter

If you work on a mac this is the most powerful tool to use Windows on it

Parallels work great as you can work as if you were on a Windows from your mac. In order to launch Windows you don't even need to restart your machine, you just need to run Parallels and it will open on as any other application does. You can maximise the window so that you can switch from your mac to Windows with just a swipe. It will feel as if you were running Windows at all its effects. You can fine-tune how you want to distribute your machine's resources while running Parallels, so that you can give more or less to one or the other depending on your needs. Another option is to have Windows in integration mode, that means that you won't see Windows as a separate application running on your mac but integrated on it so that you can run Windows applications from your mac directly while running Parallels like this.

The integration mode is good but sometimes it can be a bit confusing if you're not used to it. In my opinion, I prefer the separate mode and switch from one screen to the other. If you need Windows to run applications that need a lot of resources it can really slow your mac down as once you run Parallels, the defined resources will be fully dedicated to it and therefore not available to your mac.

Austin
Austin
Technical Developer in UK
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Support are terrible. Really bad.

Kommentare: Regular annoyance when I need to type a # character. I have contacted support about this numerous times over many years, and each time they promise to solve it, and fail to do so every time. Support make you go through the same things over and over, things you know wont help because they don't even understand what the problem is. They don't take the time to understand the problem. In fact that seem incapable of understanding the problem. I recently (3 months ago) opened a new support ticket for this, spent weeks entertaining their silly suggestions, for them to eventually after much backwards and forwards responded with 'We have forwarded it to the Development Team for further investigation. At which point the ticket disappears from my online portal and I have heard nothing about it in months. Support really lets this product down.

The ability to run a PC on my Macbook Pro

It is impossible to type a # character into a VM which is Option+3 on the mac keyboard. This is because Parallels maps Option 3 to Alt + 3 in the windows VM. As a programmer, that is a major major headache. It is a major flaw in the software.

Raghav
Student in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Review on Parallels Desktop for Mac(personal desktop)

Kommentare: Overall experience is superb. I use the software for accounting purposes.

1. Switching between the both platforms.2. Apps which doesn’t support Mac now by installing windows through Parallels can use them easily.3. File management: can access files in both the platforms.4. Fast, reliable, constant updates keeps it bugs free, secure, works without crashes.5. Using the Mac shortcuts in windows.

The price for subscription based module is quite high. If the prices can be reduced.

Andrew
Owner / Field Techician in USA
Computer-Hardware, Selbstständig

Parallels software, a Mac professional best choice in virtualization...

Kommentare: It's a positive experience, when running Windows 10 or 11 on a Mac computer, Parallels creates a very stable and usable virtualization.

The ability to either go in full Window mode or use both Windows and Mac OS on the main desktop, allowing one to switch very easily between OS platforms.

It's low ability to run all Windows drivers through the Windows virtualization on the Mac, for example, for when using certain USB driven devices that need full driver support.

James
James
President in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Works well for what it's supposed to do

This software works well for mac virtualization. This is more stable compared to vmware and had plenty of features. This is software is very easy to install and manage. This is an IT persons dream.

My biggest issue with this software is it seams like you need to be on the annual subscription plan for long term stability. Every major MacOS update, it requires an update to parallels. This can make the software kind of expensive. With that said, if you're a student buy the student version as it will save you a lot of money.

Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A very well put together piece of software!!

This is THE software to have if you use a mac as your main computer but also need to use software that can only run on a windows operating system. Before I discovered Parallels Desktop for Mac, in order to use windows I had to "dual boot" my mac which I found to be quite time consuming (having restart my computer anytime I wanted to switch). It also meant I couldn't access both operating systems at the same time. Parallels was the answer! It runs just like any other program would on a mac, and acts as a virtual machine, allowing you to install other operating systems with the program. I really like that it allows you to install more than one operating system too. One of Parallels best feature, in my opinion, is that it allows you to access files from all operating systems and you can also drag and drop files from one system to the other. I like how customizable the setting are, particularly when it comes to the security/privacy of your files and what you want to allow each various operating system to have access to. It takes care of all the drivers for you, which I really like because I mean I can use the same trackpad and keyboard setting across the board. It has really helped me to save a lot of time and effort when having to switch between operating systems.

One small con that I have experienced is that sometimes the screen resolution gets a little confused when adjusting the size of the window, but it seems to sort itself out after a few seconds. If you're running programs on both operating systems that require high CPU usage, it may struggle a little, but this depends on the spec of your own machine though.

Jennifer
Sr. Development Director in USA

Parallels is POWERFUL!

This software never ceases to impress me. It's almost unbelievable just how powerful this software really is, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's fast, it's easy (but certainly easier if you're tech savvy), and enables me to run Microsoft Windows 10 Pro alongside Mac OSX, simultaneously, and I can also use it to remotely connect to either the virtual Windows machine or my Mac, from any other computer I want. Those are only the main features, too. There are tons more awesome tools built in to the software, such as being able to send files between the two OS' and even copy & paste from Windows to Mac and vice versa. Their customer service is also outstanding... I had to reach out for an issue and I received a reply and a recommended course of action the very same day, just a few hours later.

It's not completely intuitive, so if you aren't computer savvy or have little patience, you'll probably be a little frustrated in the beginning. It takes a little bit of time to get it configured, and I'd highly recommend watching any instructional videos they send. I didn't, so it took me a while to figure out even some of the basic features.

Tyler
Social Media Specialist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great Option to Access Windows on Mac

Kommentare: I love Parallels. Just the ability to not have to be limited by my computer's OS has truly opened the doors of what my computer is capable of.

I love that I am able to access Windows on my Mac computer. When switching to an M1 Mac, I was nervous about not being able to access windows anymore, but Parallels has come to the rescue! It works great for being able to access windows programs. I wouldn't use it personally for some seriously heavy applications, but for other light tasks this has saved me from having to carry around 2 different computers!

Although it takes you step by step through the inital set up and installation, it is still a little confusing to get up and running. Once you get past that, it works as advertised! It's a little frustrating that sometimes the display settings keep resetting every time you reopen the software. I have to go through and go back into settings and setting up my display resolution. It would be nice if this wasn't an issue. The settings resetting also causes some glitches with bluetooth devices.

Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great Windows 10 VM Performance on Mac

Kommentare: I get a full-featured Windows PC on my Mac when I need it.

I used both Parallels and VMware Fusion for Windows VM work on my Mac and have long preferred Parallels. Performance is generally better, and more importantly I seem to have less issues as far as stability and random "VM-related" problems. There have been numerous things over the past few years with Fusion that became annoying enough that they hampered my productivity. Conversely, with Parallels I can rely on it as I would a stable Windows PC.

Nagging pop-up windows when a new version is released. Aggressive push toward subscription SaaS model. Less license flexibility than VMware Fusion.

Yezid
IT and Network Administrator in Venezuela

Currently my server and workstation virtualization, easy for manage and configure.

Basically this software is very friendly and easy to configure a virtual machine on it. One of most attractive features from it is how easy it is to move a virtual machine from one host to another, or maintain backup from VM without worrying about data loss. Features to add more "virtual hardware are very good".

Particulary sometimes I have been working with some VM and suddenly the app crashes. The messages shown for this type of errors are very extensive and not easy to understand. Additionally I have noticed that it slows the host even with good memory capacity and processor

Thomas
Development Manager in USA

Easy Way to run Windows or Linux on Your Mac Without Rebooting

Parallels Desktop is one of the two best apps to run a virtual client OS on your Mac. Parallels makes it easy to have multiple guest OS machines available- they can be configured for specific purposes (testing a specific OS version, running different versions of software, etc.). It is far more convenient to use than installing Windows or Linux on a disk partition and rebooting to use, at least if intense processing power and maximum speed are not needed. Certain OS's can be easily installed as a pre-configured VM. Very good integration between the guest OS and the native Mac OS.

Biggest con is that, by definition, the guest OS will not run as quickly as if it were running natively. That's to be expected, of course, and any apps that really require maximum use of your computer's hardware should be run in a native OS instead of a guest OS.

Martin
IT Manager in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Works good with few issues

Kommentare: It allows me to use MS specific software on my MAC with out having to switch computers or two have to own two computers.

I like the ease of use and integration of the Microsoft OS with the MAC OSX. This allows me to use my MS specific software from within my MAC OSX.

The only issue i have, and it's not so much an issue with Parallels itself; that when MS updates come out, they can cause issues with the VM, and it takes time to resolve. I think the Parallels should attempt to get the hot-fixes out faster.

Olga
Master Director in Puerto Rico

Best Application for Mac Users and you need windows applications

This software is awesome. It feels as you are in an actual windows computer. It dont make your computer slow, also you can use the coherence option and use the windows applications as they were installed in your mac. The price is very good.

When you buy the license, you buy a software without the annual uploads. You have to pay again to obtain the newer version. However, I have been using the 2016 version and still is good.

Carlos
Front-end developer in Brasilien

Excellent solution for virtualization on macOS

Parallels Desktop has been my only solution to virtualize Windows and Android OS on Mac. It's really easy to download right from inside the app and performs great.

It comes enabled with some features like window and desktop share with Windows, which aren't necessarily what we want from default (right after a new installation). It makes the process a lot more expensive from a memory and processing standpoint.

Artistic Director in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

When in a pinch... Parallels is the place!

Kommentare: I am a Die Hard fan of Quicbkooks but also a great fan of Mac, unfortunately up to this date its not possible to use Quickbooks on Mac (at least the Desktop version, which is my favorite), once they recommended me to use Parallels I jumped on it and it has served me greatly, no need for a clumsy PC on my desk :)

The ability to use PC software on a Mac... priceless

Customer service is a bit hard to get ahold of, but not impossible.

Laura
Architect in USA

Parallels Using ACAD LT on Mac.

Love being able to use mac for adobe products as well as being able to print like the rest of the mac users in our small office, while concurrently running windows programs such as ACAD LT.

Not being able to save to desktop/server in quite the same way between mac and PC. The frequent updates for parallels can also be tedious and expensive.

Oliver
Partner in Kanada

A must program for those dedicated to iMacs and MBPs that require legacy Microsoft based software.

This program has evolved nicely over the last three versions. The Parallels toolbox is a great addition that allows proper management of Mac OS X in a Microsoft fashion.

Still finding some glitches here and there, especially when Apple decides to upgrade OS X every fall. Parallels takes a few days or weeks to catch up with a patch.

Bud
Principal in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Implemented on multiple MACs (iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air). Easy to install and maintain

Kommentare: One MAC able to run multiple operating systems and share resources as desired. We were able to clear out multiple desktop machines, KVM switches, cables, and power adaptors.

The ease of installation and the fact that the MAC does automatic archiving when you use TimeMachine. It's very easy to recover when a user messes up the system, or when they contract a virus. Because the guest OS is isolated from the other guests and from the MAC, recovery is easy.

Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great For When You Need to Use Windows

I am an avid Apple Mac users. Nowadays, software developers recognize how many of us are out there and have developed versions of their software that run on Mac. However, once in a while I need to use a program that will only run on Windows. At these times, Parallels is priceless. I really like how it concurrently runs two operating systems on my Mac so I can easily and quickly switch between Mac and Windows without rebooting my computer.

It would be nice if Parallels offered an option to buy MS Windows through them at the same time one orders Parallels. I had to go out and separately buy a licensed version of Windows 10 when I installed Parallels. I bet they could create a software partnership with MS similar to that which exists with computer hardware manufacturers where the Windows OS is bundled with the computer. A bundled Parallels offering would probably be less expensive than me shopping for a separate version of Windows.

Zack
Zack
Sound & Media Director in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Parallels is a MUST for every Mac owner!

Kommentare: I think this is software that every Mac owner should have. You never know when you'll run into that one piece of software that just isn't Mac compatible.

My work computer is a Macbook pro, but there are certain pieces of software I need for work that just isn't compatible with Mac OS. That's where Parallels comes in! I can run every piece of software I need and it works flawlessly. It also allows me to test projects out in different user environments.

It does take up a large amount of space on hard drives, but that's to be expected when installing a secondary OS.