Über Shift

Mit nur einem Klick hast du Zugriff auf über 900 der beliebtesten Anwendungen, Erweiterungen, E-Mail-Konten und Cloud-Dienste des Internets – mit Shift.

Erfahre mehr über Shift

Let's you avoid having multiple windows open and consolidates all to the SHIFT window. It was also a good price.

Terrible service and a product that basically does the opposite of what it's supposed to.

Bewertungen zu Shift

Shift hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 306 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Shift bereits verwendet?

Katie
Katie
Associate Director of Internal Communications in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Keeps My Browser Windows Under Control

Kommentare: Shift helps me keep organized, both personally and professionally, and allows me to go back and forth between applications without losing my mind.

I'm the type of person who tends to have multiple browser windows open, and Shift helps me stay organized and keep the number of browser windows open under control. I use it daily to check my many email and social media accounts, to chat via multiple message apps, to keep track of my personal and professional calendars, and to attend to basic business and even personal tasks right there in the same browser, from Trello to my home budgeting software. It keeps everything all in one place and prevents me from losing my mind. When I see colleagues struggling to find the right tab in a sea of many browser windows, I always suggest Shift as a way to help them keep their browser windows under control as well!

I have noticed that at times the software can be a bit laggy. When I know I need to do intensive work, say in Google Docs or something, I will open the document in the default browser in order to prevent a delay. This is not usually a problem with basic email, messaging, or other simple tasks.

Christopher
Sr Vulnerability Manager in USA
Pharmazeutika, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Love your Product, Except

Kommentare: I do not need to have multiple applications open to find out what is going on, Social Media, Email, internal SLACK, School applications, webhooks, git hub all in one location means that I have only a single

Ease of use, simple. I love having all my social media sites, emails, Cloud Locations in one place. The add-ons for all the tabs really helps. I like that I do not have to have all my browser windows open.

At the start before the update in July 2019, MS Teams worked really well. NOW, it does not work and locks up the application completely, to the point that I have no choice but to remove it from my shift. The lack of 64 Client is also an issue, I am sure with an i9 CPU processor the use of more than a 32-bit application has its limitations. But, I wish it would use more of the active CPU usage so that I can utilize this.

Antwort von Shift Technologies Inc.

Thank you for the review! We're very happy to hear you love having multiple apps in one location in Shift. Are you still having an issue with MS Teams? If so, our support team would love to hear from you: https://support.tryshift.com/new.

CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Shift Away From Shift

1,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Nothing, it is a terrible tool that does not work as advertised. It is a blatant lie in every facet of their marketing and we are going to be suing them.

There is no workspace based permission-ing as advertised. Setting carry between workspaces. With more than 2 workspaces, Shift will crash. Logins are messed up between workspaces which causes incorrect accounts to log into the incorrect workspace. Their support team is a joke and non-existent. They do not even allow you to mute notifications. They need better engineers and likely to start over.

Zane
Business Owner in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple, Effective, and Worth Every Penny!

Kommentare: Gosh, where to begin. I loved the software the minute I watched the promo. Thought it was too good to be true, then tried the free version and then fell in love and invested in the pro version - BEST MONEY SPENT. Been using it ever since I found it in early July. GREAT feature and keeps me focused and productive. LOVE LOVE LOVE the software!

I love how it cuts down on my CPU usage. Chrome takes lots of memory and Shift seems to do the job with 1/3 of the power. I love how I can have my Whatsup, text messages, and emails all in one spot. LOVE IT!

I would love if we can have the mute notification for longer than 24 hrs and also enable that on more than just the email.

Antwort von Shift Technologies Inc.

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear that you love Shift. It is possible to mute notifications for up to 99 hours and 99 minutes and it is possible to mute notifications for mail, calendar and apps. If you're still having these issues, please feel free to create a support ticket (https://support.tryshift.com/new) and have our team solve this for you.

Bartłomiej
Head of PMO in Polen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Very usefull and convinient tool

Kommentare: Great for everyday use, simple in setup, and helpful.

It has tons of applications integrated that allow for setting up all work in one application. The concept of workspaces grouping different tools around for example specific project helps focus and keeping everything organized.

For personal use, it may be perceived as pricy.

Nia
CEO in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Shift Served It's Purpose But Wavebox Kicked It Out of the Park!

Kommentare: Overall, I was satisfied with Shift to a point. Once I found Wavebox I was MUCH happier and was capable of doing everything I originally wanted to do with Shift.

I liked the "all in one" browser technology of Shift. That's what drew me to it in the first place.

The cost, customer service, and functionality was lacking in some spaces.

Keyur
CTO in USA
Nanotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very unreliable, keeps crashing and extremely POOR customer support

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I have tried to use Shift on 3 different devices (1 PC and 2 Mac) and its been terrible experience. Every time I am in the middle of something or try to open a new tab the entire app would crash randomly. Specifically if I search for a document on Google Drive and open in a new tab the app would crash. It also lacks some basic features like reopening a closed tab. Their customer service would always ask you to clear all the data, restart or try a fresh install instead of actually analyzing the logs to identify what went wrong and how to fix it. I provided specific steps for them to reproduce the issue 100% of the times but very their customer support is very poor. If you are a light user it may work for you, but the main use of Shift is for power user which defeats the purpose. Back to using Chrome as my main browser.

Easy to use if you are a light user with a couple of accounts

Poor customer support Very unreliable and keeps crashing

Steven
Steven
Marketing Specialist in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It's ok, but it needs to catch up with the competition

Kommentare: I think for someone new to workflow management. This was a great introduction; but now I need some major features if they want be to subscribe again.

I enjoyed the design and tab management. Also made it very easy to separate workspaces.

Limited features compared to its competition. Wavebox is the same price and is constantly adding new features. Plus, it also has Linux support.

Tatianna
Tatianna
Digital Marketing Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

In love at (Second) Sight

Kommentare: I was intrigued by the functionality of this product when I first saw one of their ads on Instagram. It was the all in one solution I was looking for, to minimize the dozens of Chrome tabs I have open every day for work.
I downloaded and started using the free version and loved it at first, but soon found the limitations of the free version (obviously). I stopped using it for a few days and realized that I liked using it - and it made my workflow easier - even with limited functionality. I opened it again and immediately purchased because there is so much more available to integrate with this product, and it runs super smoothly.
With my company using lots of external browser apps/desktop programs like Trello, Slack, Quip, Asana, Monday.com, Twitter, Salesforce, Email Clients, you name it, the list goes on - my workflow is streamlined and much easier to manage from within this one desktop app! Now my web browser is dedicated to simple searches and I only have a few applications downloaded on my computer, which saves a lot of space and time (I don't have to update every app individually!). I could not be more happy with this product.

The fact that I can streamline my workflow and work in 20 different programs/platforms within one app is a lifesaver. I no longer have to switch windows or desktops to switch between tasks and projects. It's all right there with a quick toggle, and I love it. Plus, it makes it easy to quickly switch between personal and work accounts (social media specifically). No more logging out/logging in every time I want to switch.

It doesn't have every app/integration I need, but probably about 80% of the ones I use frequently are there, so it's not too bad.

Greg
Greg
Founder & Creative Director in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Shift saves significant time and works well. Not quite perfect, but still a winner

Kommentare: Overall very positive. It has saved me considerable time and has changed the way I use my computer each day making moving between the software platforms I use most frequently a breeze.

The ability to keep multiple software platforms open in one screen that ISN'T my web browser is why we're using Shift. Moving effortlessly between multiple Slack channels and Monday.com alone is worth the price of admission for our company. Bringing in email and other platforms is icing on the cake.

The fact that the email can only be setup to work with major platform email systems like Gmail and 365 is frustrating. I would also like to be able to NOT have this software pull in Gmail but there doesn't seem to be a way to turn that off. I use Shift for a lot of things, but email isn't one of them.

Harel
Web developer in Israel
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Focused web browser

It has nice UI which helped organized the applications integrated with shift; It has desktop notifications; it loaded on windows startup;

The application looks and feels like a web browser, and less as a native app. Sometimes I find myself asking why just not use web browser instead. Also technical problems (bug, crashes, blank pages) occur from time to time.

Jeff
EVP-Operations in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Do Not Buy this software!!!

Kommentare: I must say that while the platform was useful, it comes with challenges. Every other day there would be a glitch somewhere in the dashboard, or a new update. Many times the dashboard would open up, but would not function. Meaning I could not navigate through any of my mail, folders, drafts.. This was extremely frustrating. While support would have me uninstall the software, try an alpha or beta version instead, each with their own bugs and glitches, which I gladly would create a support ticket for. I just was fed up with having to be their guinea pig and never any real fix or improvement. When I saw that my subscription was about to expire, I did reach out to them to see if they would continue my free "pro" subscription since I was a loyal customer and they simply told me NO! Not even a substantial discount. #Tryshiftfail While I am always looking at new technology and innovative products for my team, TryShift just doesn't make the mark for both their product or their support! Poor customer Experience
They Don't Listen
#ShiftFail

Can switch between email accounts quickly.

Have been using Shift for over a year. Just a month after signing up for a paid pro version, I found that there were too many bugs in the system and tried to cancel my subscription. Upon doing so, the shift team offered me a full year of the pro version for free. So, they refunded me and I took the offer.

Gene

My New Dashboard for Everything

Kommentare: I started out looking for a solution that would let me run multiple Gmail accounts without having to log out of one to log in to another. Shift did exactly what I was looking for.... and more. Simply by clicking an account icon, I could switch between Google accounts and have full access to ALL services in that Google account. Pretty soon, I was using Shift as my primary email client. Then I started using it as my interface to all my GDrive accounts. Then I discovered that I could add other common apps. The latest update added a built in browser. Now, I am pretty much using Shift as my dashboard for most of what I do online. It's a marvel of design that combines simplicity, ease-of-use, and powerful functionality into a single window with multiple panes. This is the front end tool that Google would have designed if it had done a better job of understanding how its products were used in the real world, i.e. multiple services across multiple accounts, combined with frequent use of other apps. The only problem I have had is that they frequently update the product, and one update became incompatible with my older MacOS. But the support people were super helpful, and within a week or so they had come up with a patch to fix things. At this point, Shift has become a more important tool in my online activities than Google Chrome, and that says a lot.

- intuitive, simple user interface - ability to control multiple accounts in multiple apps without signing in and out - seamless integration with Google mail, drive and other services - ability to add practically any app that I might use - works on both my WIndows and Mac devices

- would like a little more flexibility to customize the gmail interface - have had a couple of issues with newer upgrades not working with my older MacOS

Philip
Content Creator in Thailand
Musik, Selbstständig

A Company that Knows Where It's Going

Kommentare: In my opinion $100 per year is negligible to be able to search across all your work platforms and re-organize your work environment. That said, some readers may not have money to blow in which case Shift is not for them. If you are looking for a free option that consolidates email and apps, don't despair. There are apps like Franz and Rambox to name but a few. These apps are similar to Shift in many ways but offer more options in terms of their free versions. If you are professional willing to invest in an app that may well save you time and money in the long run, then this might be a perfect fit.

According to their website, "Shift is the desktop app for streamlining your accounts, apps, and workflows." and if you watch a tutorial video you'll see it does exactly that. On the free version you can add two email accounts and 1 app account. Thus, the free version is ideal for someone who only has two Google accounts but still wants to consolidate things. The pro version costs less than 100 dollars; $99.99 per year; that's roughly $8.33 per month. It's the pro option where Shift really shines. Pro allows unlimited email accounts and apps along with the ability to do a unified search across all accounts and apps. Customers willing to pay for pro can truly streamline their workflow into one highly efficient system. Shift also offers a Team version, but you must provide details and ask for a price quotation.

The only con is that some people, like me for instance, might fail to notice the fine print and think they're getting all the pro features for free. The free version doesn't offer anything that most mail clients can't already do. As such, it seems like the free version only exists as a means to tempt the user into buying the pro version where things really happen.

TRIO Advisor in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Shift has optimized my life!

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been incredibly positive. I am looking forward to starting my second year with the membership and fully maximizing the increased efficiency. My peers marvel at how I am able to balance all of the various commitments and work that is required and I owe so much of that to Shift. As someone who works remotely from my co-workers, communication is vital to be effective in my job. With Shift, I am always at the top of my game!

The ability to manage several accounts and applications simultaneously from one desktop has increased my production dramatically. I serve on several boards and have positions that require monitoring as many as 8 emails. Shift has given me the ability to easily move between accounts and constantly keep my pulse on what is happening in my various roles. I like to operate with maximum efficiency and be very timely with my responses and Shift has allowed me to be at the top of my game at all times.

This is a nitpick, but I am someone who likes to have zero unread emails in my inbox. The hotkey to make an email read is Ctrl + Q. However, that is also the hotkey for closing the application. So I will frequently close out of Shift and have to re-login which is inconvenient. I also find that the logins will frequently expire for emails I do not check daily and it can cause issues where I am not aware that new messages have arrived since the inbox is not updating.

Ryan
Staff Therapist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A Jack of All Trades Application

I love the ease at which I can switch between my different accounts for any different purpose! It completely changed how I respond to communications, without having to log in and out of different emails. The notifications about which account has a new detail makes it even better! My business also requires the use of multiple forms of communication (e.g., email, text message, Facebook Messenger, Instagram), so to have a service that enables me to access all of those in one application so simply, it's perfect.

My sole frustration with the software is the lack of expediency in addressing bugs. For example, ever since I upgraded my Mac to OS Catalina, Shift has encountered numerous issues that I did not previously encounter (e.g., issues with using HTML links in email, applications shutting down) I I'm still waiting for those to be addressed and they won't be for at least another week based on prior experience.

Ally
Creator in USA
Eventservice, Selbstständig

Convenient

Kommentare: Overall I'm happy because I'm able to access all of my email accounts and majority of the third party apps/accounts I use on a daily. Saves me time and helps me to work more efficiently since I'm working on multiple things during the day.

The fact that you are able to connect a lot of other third party apps in one place. I manage a few businesses and have multiple emails and programs I'm in on the daily, it is nice to be able to access majority of them in one place.

Seems like I have had more security issues since having Shift, sometimes the program times out and I have to restart the program, or it takes a little bit longer to open. I use Google Drive a lot and off and on I cannot save from Shift (download Google Docs or docs from email) directly to My Documents. I have to save it to this folder on my C Drive.

Antwort von Shift Technologies Inc.

Thanks for the review! We're excited that you're managing multiple emails and programs in one place with Shift. You may have already discovered this, but it is possible to change the download location in Settings > General > Functionality within Shift. You first need to toggle off "Always ask download location" and then click select location. If you're still having issues, feel free to create a support ticket (https://support.tryshift.com/new) so that our team can help you out.

Elizabeth
HS teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Too many email accounts - this helps!

Kommentare: It has eased the experience of having to quickly and efficiently work between different email accounts so I can easily go back and forth without having to switch users every time.

I like that I can access each of my gmail accounts without having to constantly switch users since I go back and forth CONSTANTLY throughout the day. I can also access Google Drive without having to switch back and forth between users and, with the fast pace of my workday, it makes a huge difference.

Sometimes there are functions that do not work within Shift as well as just using it within my web browser -- but those issues d not come up often so it is not a big enough deal for me to quit using Shift (plus, there are updates happening so that there is increased functionality and things that were problems before are no longer a problem)

Creator at Large in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Great All In One, But A Bit of a Resource Hog

Kommentare: My overall experience with Shift has been good. As a freelance creative services provider juggling personal, professional, and creative resources, I've come to depend on Shift as a time-saver and essential tool.

I appreciate, and have come to depend, on having several e-mail and cloud storage accounts (Google), invoicing / time tracking (Freshbooks), and notes / outlining / to-do (Dynalist and / or Workflowy) in one place via Shift. Just taking into account the reduced number of clicks and alt-tabs, it's a time saver.

Since Shift mostly works as a container for several Chromium browser tabs, it eats resources just like Chrome does. On a less robust computer (for example, on my older Dell laptop), this results in a noticeable overall performance hit. On my zippy desktop machine (built for gaming), it's no issue at all. So be sure you have good hardware if you plan on using Shift regularly throughout your day for multiple apps.

Roger
Founding Partner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Condensing a work pc into software

Kommentare: My overall experience with Shift has been positive. The ability to disconnect me from work is critical.

The thing I appreciate most about Shift is the fact that it acts as my work PC, on my personal PC. I have it open all day and use it for communications via email, Discord, Tweetdeck and Linkedin. When I'm done with my day, I simply close the app and I don't have to worry about alerts or pings while I'm using my PC for personal matters. It helps create an easy way to disconnect from work.

Shift can be very resource intensive if you leave it open. At times, this has slowed my PC down significantly, requiring a reboot.

Jesse
Mobilization Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Review for Shift

Kommentare: Mostly great! When it's working and all my account are accessible, I love it.

Love having everything I need in one place. Easy to switch between accounts.

Hate that it signs out of my accounts so often. Constantly having to reload. A few bugs and some apps not working properly, like Buffer.

Josh
VP in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

great for entrepreneurs

Kommentare: Overall we're very happy with Shift and I can't see myself not using it. It's a simple but effective tool to consolidate your desktop and make you extremely focused on the important things.

Love the idea of Shift and keeping every single email account along with other software at your fingertips. We love not having to go back and forth between tabs to look at different email accounts. Everything including all your fav extensions are right there in one place. It's great.

The team at Shift feels slow to fix certain bugs when they update versions. Typically when they put out a new version, something will not be caught up and you'll have to wait for a glitch to be fixed. It's great when everything works, but if extensions and plugins aren't keeping up then it stalls everything.

Judah
Business Owner in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Always needing to log in, update, or re-install

Kommentare: Fix those cons and you have a great product. Otherwise, you have built an annoyance.

- Handle multiple gmail accounts - Handle multiple google drive account - Use multiple different addons With multiple clients wanting me to log into their google drive accounts and e-mails to do internal work, this is fantastic and I haven't found anything that will allow me to move from account to account and do work within their google drive smoothly like Shift.

I am ALWAYS having to log back into my accounts. Whenever something wrong happens, their solution is to restart the software... which has me log back into EVERYTHING as well. I use LastPass for my accounts, and they are continually uninstalling LastPass from my app and having me reinstall it and log back in. It gets very tedious and annoying. I spoke to some colleagues about how the like shift, and without prompting they all said the exact same thing.

Abel
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

A must have for productive teams

Kommentare: I'm a digital marketer that switches between apps all day long. This has allowed me to have all of those things in one dashboard saving me tons of time and headache. I also use it for work and we have a very outdated internal management system that we use and because of it's versatility we are considering using it to bring all of the apps that we would need to replace our current system.

The software is intuitive and easy to use and allows me to have almost all of the programs that I regularly use all in one place. It's so helpful that I've found myself looking to see what programs integrate with it before purchasing them.

There isn't anything to dislike about the software. The only negative thing that I could say is that when I originally purchased it some of the programs were a little buggy but they've fixed those issues and I haven't had any issues for months.

Raney
Writer in USA

Savior of My Sanity

Kommentare: Absolutely wonderful...I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get more out of their workday.

I'm a freelancer, and I have multiple clients who want me on multiple email addresses and project management platforms. Before Shift, managing every single one of them was a nightmare. Shift keeps me productive and sane, and I would not do without it.

There are a few features and functions I wanted to see on it that I couldn't get. For example, I'd like to see more personal to-do/calendar/productivity apps on there vs. huge project management apps, and I'd like to maybe see some personal budgeting software on there too.

Antwort von Shift Technologies Inc.

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you're using Shift to be more productive with your freelance projects. We are adding new apps all the time. If you have some apps in particular that you regularly use that you'd like to see in Shift, feel free to reach out and we can add them to the list.