IMAP E-Mail System Would Be The Cherry On Top

Kyle K.
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall the experience has been very beneficial to the productivity of our operation and simplification of the many different accounts and applications that we have to use with our variety of clientele.

Vorteile: The ability to switch between so many Google accounts and additional applications has saved me countless hours, at this point probably days worth of time, allowing me to become far more efficient and effective with my consulting firm.

Nachteile: As a consulting firm we will be assigned e-mail accounts within a clients domain for short periods of time during our contracts that are not always a gmail based e-mail account, but just IMAP accounts. We currently use Spark as our e-mail client and it's frustrating that the only option within Shift to manage multiple non-gmail accounts is to pay for another subscription model, instead of being able to use Spark, RoundCube, or another free e-mail client. The program has had issues from time to time with how it handles toggling between different accounts. When switching between Asana companies it will open a new window instead of working within shift. At times Google Sheets will try to open in the web browser instead of a Shift window, even with the settings set for Shift window. While these issues do get addressed at updates, the seem to continue to randomly happen as the app is used.

Overall Shift has been perfect

Carley K.

Kommentare: I rate this software a B+ / A grade essentially. I am very happy. I have not added in a ton of applications such as evernote, and zoho. I really am just happy with the email aspect part of my day to day.

Vorteile: I have 5 total emails. 2 of them are office 365. You may ask, why 6. We we are a company that develops strategic relationships with other Marketing Agencies, and we are required part of a white label to communicate part of other teams. Having multiple emails is a crucial part of our operations. Originally I used Kiwi, but Kiwi only supports Gmail / Gsuite accounts. 3 years ago I had everything in outlook, but calendar appoints was horrible. Shift allows me to keep everything in front of my eyes with all email accounts. I am very happy with Shift, and several of our team members use it. if your happy with the Gmail interface, but have multiple email accounts. This software is exactly for you. Look no further, because I spent years trying to find a Windows Based desktop application to manage my emails. Before Shift I have multiple chrome logins and browser tabs open for Gmail. I was missing emails, and everything was out of sorts.

Nachteile: The only issue I see and experience is sometimes having 6 accounts in Shift my emails are about 30 seconds to 60 seconds delaying incoming. Not the end of the world. The other issue, is about 2 times a weeks one or all of the accounts prompt me to re-authenticate. A little bit of a pain, but not a deal breaker.

Shift Review- Nice but room for improvement

Damon K.
Business Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it has been used daily so it has to be pretty good. I experienced some bugs in browsing on the reddit extension and customer service was helpful and prompt but it still doesnt handle tons of loaded content as well as a browser.

Vorteile: Nice to have a place separate than browser to keep primary correspondence/instant messaging apps... both because it means that my browser does not need to be logged in and because I don't have to log into individual accounts. I like that you have the ability to open links externally and that apps maintain full functionality within the tool.

Nachteile: Some of these are particular to me, but I will start with the general stuff: - Design related... Would be nice to have a bit more customization around themes/colors/size of tabs/placement of tabs. Also the "+" button under the email accounts is a bit distracting and not necessary since I don't often add new email accounts, and often click on it accidentally. Also would be nice to be able to order your email accounts and other accounts without having to keep the primary accounts at the top and the others at the bottom... this also makes it very space inefficient since there is a big blank space between them. -Features... Not sure if this is possible given the amount of apps you plug into, but a mobile version would make this much more worth the money- frankly a game changer. Additional microsoft services would be nice... excel online (I know I can do this in the browser from the email but separate would be cool)

Shift is an amazing time saver!

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Justin D.
Artist Management/Consulting
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I own a recording studio and I also run an artist management and consulting company. So I generally have a ton of emails that I have to keep up with as well as utilize a lot of applications and plugins with them like Hubspot and Grammarly and a ton of other programs like Gchat, asana, Buffer, Slack and a ton of others. So being able to see everything at a quick glace has been an enormous time-saver for me! It is something that I have up every day and is basically the core of my workflow. I've recommended it to several other people in my industry and show it off as often as I can. Now that I've joined the referral program, I'm really gonna try and show it to as many people as I can. Time is money in my line of work so I know if it is able to make me more efficient, then it can help just about any entrepreneur

Vorteile: I love that it allows me to have all of my emails and main applications that I use on a daily basis right there in one easy window where I can easily see any notifications. Giving me that quick glance of everything saves me a ton of time. I really love the all email search feature. Running a few businesses makes it hard sometimes to remember which email sent which item so that helps me track stuff down very quickly.

Nachteile: I know at least for me. Running a MacBook on 10.13.6 with great specs, it still seems to be a heavy resource hog. But I am using a ton of the applications and integrations with it. It does tend to log me out of several of my email account every few days for some reason. But I am unsure if that is a specific Shift thing or something to do with Gmail.

Work Every Penny!

Sara T.
Graphic Artist
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Shift helps me just jump into whatever I need, FAST. At any given moment as a small business owner who has at least 20 different things going at once Shift helps me get it done. I could go on and on about the individual uses I get out of Shift. When you run everything on your own you need all the help you can get.

Vorteile: It's all right there. No opening and accidentally closing browser tabs, no hunting down bookmarks or even wasting a few second typing the beginning of a website to get where you need to be. I manage multiple email accounts and use several different applications to communicate with clients and manage my business. Time is something I can never get more of so when it comes to tools and saving time even as a small business owner Shift is extremely valuable to me. Between the extensive collection of apps and browser extensions, everything is right at my fingertips. Just a few seconds can really add up over a day/month/year... It's worth EVERY single penny to me!

Nachteile: I don't have many complaints about Shift except the short lag getting notifications through my Gmail accounts. I will get a ding on my phone before I get a ding in Shift. It's minor but that is the only thing I can think of that really would be anything annoying.

SHIFTed to the Next Level

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Scott M.
Senior Manager, Leadership Coaching Services
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I work with many different clients as a Youth Leadership Education Coach, this means balancing many different GMail accounts. I need them to stay seperate, but access them individually quickly. Shift helps me do that. There are at least six additional applications that I work in every day to manage projects, schedule, documents, finances, etc. All of those are connected within one dashboard by Shift. Having it all in one place helps me stay away from YouTube and other social media (though you can connect those applications to!). I truly feel that my work has elevated because of this tool.

Vorteile: I LOVE SHIFT!
Given me ease & convenience of having my many email accounts be in one place
Ability to connect my email and project management tools
Navigated the distractions of web browsers, it was too easy to wander over to social media/amazon. Now I can have it within the one tool - including links to google docs/dropbox documents
It really has helped me elevate my efficiency and time management so that I can get more done.

Nachteile: I honestly don't have anything that hold me back because of this tool. Perhaps allowing me to change the background color of the application tiles? I know I can change the color that shows when I hover over the tool but being able to see that color before hovering/clicking could be helpful.

Shift has optimized my life!

Matthew B.
TRIO Advisor
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been incredibly positive. I am looking forward to starting my second year with the membership and fully maximizing the increased efficiency. My peers marvel at how I am able to balance all of the various commitments and work that is required and I owe so much of that to Shift. As someone who works remotely from my co-workers, communication is vital to be effective in my job. With Shift, I am always at the top of my game!

Vorteile: The ability to manage several accounts and applications simultaneously from one desktop has increased my production dramatically. I serve on several boards and have positions that require monitoring as many as 8 emails. Shift has given me the ability to easily move between accounts and constantly keep my pulse on what is happening in my various roles. I like to operate with maximum efficiency and be very timely with my responses and Shift has allowed me to be at the top of my game at all times.

Nachteile: This is a nitpick, but I am someone who likes to have zero unread emails in my inbox. The hotkey to make an email read is Ctrl + Q. However, that is also the hotkey for closing the application. So I will frequently close out of Shift and have to re-login which is inconvenient. I also find that the logins will frequently expire for emails I do not check daily and it can cause issues where I am not aware that new messages have arrived since the inbox is not updating.

Useful App

Bewertet am 14.3.2019
FP&A Analyst
Pharmazeutika, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Shift allows me to manage my email inboxes all in one place without having to login to each one every single time I want to check its new content. The application itself is very easy to install and implement on your system. Really should not take more than 10 minutes all things considered. What I like the most about Shift is the easiness in which I can add an additional email or remove one that I no longer require at the moment. With the various upgraded tiers that Shift offers it also enables the app to support a multitude of additional application (other email providers and different apps that you can all integrate within your Shift platform).

Nachteile: Shift often gets laggy when you open it first thing in the morning. The red notification with the number of new emails that it shows is also often not accurate. Sometimes when I have read all new emails, it would still display "8" or "14" or whatever number of new emails I had previously. I also think it is costly for what it provides.

Love your Product, Except

Christopher L.
Sr Vulnerability Manager
Pharmazeutika, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I do not need to have multiple applications open to find out what is going on, Social Media, Email, internal SLACK, School applications, webhooks, git hub all in one location means that I have only a single

Vorteile: Ease of use, simple. I love having all my social media sites, emails, Cloud Locations in one place. The add-ons for all the tabs really helps. I like that I do not have to have all my browser windows open.

Nachteile: At the start before the update in July 2019, MS Teams worked really well. NOW, it does not work and locks up the application completely, to the point that I have no choice but to remove it from my shift. The lack of 64 Client is also an issue, I am sure with an i9 CPU processor the use of more than a 32-bit application has its limitations. But, I wish it would use more of the active CPU usage so that I can utilize this.

A Jack of All Trades Application

Ryan C.
Staff Therapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love the ease at which I can switch between my different accounts for any different purpose! It completely changed how I respond to communications, without having to log in and out of different emails. The notifications about which account has a new detail makes it even better! My business also requires the use of multiple forms of communication (e.g., email, text message, Facebook Messenger, Instagram), so to have a service that enables me to access all of those in one application so simply, it's perfect.

Nachteile: My sole frustration with the software is the lack of expediency in addressing bugs. For example, ever since I upgraded my Mac to OS Catalina, Shift has encountered numerous issues that I did not previously encounter (e.g., issues with using HTML links in email, applications shutting down) I I'm still waiting for those to be addressed and they won't be for at least another week based on prior experience.

A mail client which brings all of my google services into one place, across accounts. Excellent.

Bewertet am 9.1.2018
COO

Kommentare: All of my email in one place, including my calendar. It's a familiar interface since it just uses the gmail native interface. The aggregation of accounts / services to a desktop client makes it a win.

Vorteile: Having a single mail client which brings all my accounts together. I like that they are all separated, but I can quickly change between them and see unread count in the sidebar. Shortcuts to jump to my calendar and back to my inbox make it quick and easy.
Having it in a desktop client allows me to not need to worry about the browser and which account I'm signed into right now when pulling up my mail.
Ease of use, convenient and familiar (gmail interface), quickly fetched mail, and other features make this a goto client for me right now.
The extensibility now with extensions is a great feature.

Nachteile: Sometimes it seems like the memory usage by Shift can get a little out of hand. I tend to force quit the application and relaunch it. Sometimes an extension doesn't work correctly and it's not clear how to fix it (like the Zoom extension saying I need to log in again to authenticate, but then not having a method of doing so - at least not easily found).

In love at (Second) Sight

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Tatianna H.
Digital Marketing Manager

Kommentare: I was intrigued by the functionality of this product when I first saw one of their ads on Instagram. It was the all in one solution I was looking for, to minimize the dozens of Chrome tabs I have open every day for work.
I downloaded and started using the free version and loved it at first, but soon found the limitations of the free version (obviously). I stopped using it for a few days and realized that I liked using it - and it made my workflow easier - even with limited functionality. I opened it again and immediately purchased because there is so much more available to integrate with this product, and it runs super smoothly.
With my company using lots of external browser apps/desktop programs like Trello, Slack, Quip, Asana, Monday.com, Twitter, Salesforce, Email Clients, you name it, the list goes on - my workflow is streamlined and much easier to manage from within this one desktop app! Now my web browser is dedicated to simple searches and I only have a few applications downloaded on my computer, which saves a lot of space and time (I don't have to update every app individually!). I could not be more happy with this product.

Vorteile: The fact that I can streamline my workflow and work in 20 different programs/platforms within one app is a lifesaver. I no longer have to switch windows or desktops to switch between tasks and projects. It's all right there with a quick toggle, and I love it. Plus, it makes it easy to quickly switch between personal and work accounts (social media specifically). No more logging out/logging in every time I want to switch.

Nachteile: It doesn't have every app/integration I need, but probably about 80% of the ones I use frequently are there, so it's not too bad.

Best Productivity Software Available

Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Shift allows me to save time during my day by keeping all of my important communication tools, including multiple Gmail accounts, open and accessible without having to switch between accounts in the browser. Staying on top of multiple email accounts and other methods of communication during the day (such as Facebook Messenger and Android Messages) was time consuming and ineffective. But with Shift, it puts it all in once place and is very easy to use!

Vorteile: Access to multiple Gmail accounts within a single window and no switching accounts. Also love having access to other web applications within a single app as well. Allows you to build out a customized set of web apps to save you time during your day.

Nachteile: To be honest, I have had very few issues with Shift. Google Forms can be a pain sometimes as their don't always want to open in the child windows, but other than that, it just works.

Too many email accounts - this helps!

Elizabeth H.
HS teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has eased the experience of having to quickly and efficiently work between different email accounts so I can easily go back and forth without having to switch users every time.

Vorteile: I like that I can access each of my gmail accounts without having to constantly switch users since I go back and forth CONSTANTLY throughout the day. I can also access Google Drive without having to switch back and forth between users and, with the fast pace of my workday, it makes a huge difference.

Nachteile: Sometimes there are functions that do not work within Shift as well as just using it within my web browser -- but those issues d not come up often so it is not a big enough deal for me to quit using Shift (plus, there are updates happening so that there is increased functionality and things that were problems before are no longer a problem)

Changed My Life

Caron C.

Kommentare: I manage multiple gmail accounts, both internal accounts and client accounts, and Shift changed my life. I was consistently having issues of being signed into too many gmail accounts and having to log out and log back in and on and on. Shift seriously added time back into my day. I also now use it to manage Slack accounts, Trello, Toggl and more. Absolutely love this software.

Vorteile: The ability to manage multiple email and web applications in one place. The ability to move between the accounts with one click. The ability to see all badge notifications so I can tend to the accounts that need attention and ignore the ones that don't without having to login to every single one.

Nachteile: From time to time, it seems like the program gets overwhelmed and crashes. When that happens, I typically restart it twice before it resumes normally.

Great All In One, But A Bit of a Resource Hog

Bewertet am 25.10.2019
Matthew S.
Creator at Large
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My overall experience with Shift has been good. As a freelance creative services provider juggling personal, professional, and creative resources, I've come to depend on Shift as a time-saver and essential tool.

Vorteile: I appreciate, and have come to depend, on having several e-mail and cloud storage accounts (Google), invoicing / time tracking (Freshbooks), and notes / outlining / to-do (Dynalist and / or Workflowy) in one place via Shift. Just taking into account the reduced number of clicks and alt-tabs, it's a time saver.

Nachteile: Since Shift mostly works as a container for several Chromium browser tabs, it eats resources just like Chrome does. On a less robust computer (for example, on my older Dell laptop), this results in a noticeable overall performance hit. On my zippy desktop machine (built for gaming), it's no issue at all. So be sure you have good hardware if you plan on using Shift regularly throughout your day for multiple apps.

Sign-In Issues

Paul M.
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I have four business accounts I can see at once, switch between calendars and files, and get notifications all in one place. I hated having multiple windows open in my browser and having to switch between tabs.

Nachteile: I am having to sign-in to my accounts and authorize shift to access my info too frequently. I don't have to do it this often online. Once approved, shouldn't Shift be recognized by Google?

Amazing Software!

Bracken F.
Director of Operations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fantastic and wonderful! Would recommend to anyone.

Vorteile: This makes managing my many accounts as easy as pie. I have 6 Gmail accounts I work with, and plenty of applications too - having them all in one easy-to-access place makes my workflow smooth and reliable. I love this software.

Nachteile: It sometimes glitches and shows notifications that don't exist or are already cleared.

Great for small business

Lucy W.
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I found Shift because I was looking for a way to manage multiple Google accounts without having to deal with multiple tabs that I couldn't even read. I wasn't expecting that it would also enable me to have all the apps I use to run my business at my fingertips. It just makes my life easier and more efficient and I really notice the difference when I don't have access. I only have Shift on my desktop machine and when I need to get work done on my laptop the struggle is real.

Vorteile: I like that everything I need is at my fingertips, in a visually appealing way, with no chance I will accidentally close a tab. Best features are LastPass integration and having each Google Drive file pop out as a separate window!

Nachteile: It can be buggy - moving slowly, windows don't open where they should, kicking you out of accounts seemingly at random. I also don't love that Google Drive windows automatically go to the back no matter which window you were in last.

Keeps all my work programs in one window!

Sierra H.
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I genuinely love using this program. I'm one of those people who keeps taps & windows open, and I was losing my freaking mind before I found Shift. Being able to keep all of my work stuff organized in one program has been a game changer for me!

Vorteile: I love that you can have multiples of the same app saved on the sidebar for multiple accounts. Also, I leave Shift open for a couple of weeks at a time & it has never force-closed on me for an update (this is a huge one for me).

Nachteile: Some of my apps will sign me out after idle time (which is fine & makes sense), but Shift doesn't fill form usernames when I go to sign back in. Or even having the option to save my password in that app would be nice. Sounds like a small thing, but I have long email handles and those few seconds add up over time. Google Voice - when Shift is open & I receive a Voice call, it would be great if some kind of notification popped up that would take me to the call. By the time I get to the Voice App (and have to sign in for the third time), I've missed the call.

Beautiful concept; execution needs work

Will R.
Senior Manager Strategic Partnerships
Darstellende Künste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: LOVE that it allows me to shift (get it?) between apps and accounts without changing windows. The integration with G-Suite is helpful since I manage multiple email accounts but generally use Drive with only one (this sort of arrangement frequently causes authentication issues when implemented in a browser)--so I am able to swap between email accounts while working on a spreadsheet in my "master" account. Adore the integration with apps like WhatsApp, Slack and HootSuite--it's like having my very own personalized terminal with all of the solutions I need to get my work done efficiently. I also like that I can rearrange the stack of accounts and apps to suit my workflow.

Nachteile: This software is buggy as hell. I frequently have to re-authenticate my Gmail accounts as well as apps like HubSpot, HootSuite and WhatsApp (for some reason, Slack is pretty much the only app I have noticed that does not require me to regularly re-enter my credentials). I wouldn't mind this all that much, except for the fact that Slack does not seem to talk to Apple's Keychain, so I end up having to look up my (sometimes lengthy) passwords for each account. This will sometimes happen mid-session, with no explanation. Another issue is that my Gmail accounts will routinely reload while I'm in the middle of composing a message. Again, no explanation provided, just a dialogue saying "changes you make might not be saved" and then adios! The rate at which these issues occur is high enough that I have considered abandoning the product ("why am I paying to take twice as long to write an email?"), especially since, even though I am a paying subscriber, support for these issues has been fair to middling. The latest response I received was that authentication issues can happen when the same Shift account is installed on multiple devices--which seems ridiculous, by the way, for those of us neanderthals that still have multiple computers--and that uninstalling shift on my other computers *should* fix the problem. It didn't, but I have yet to find another product worth my taking the time and effort to rejig my workflow/learn a new interface.

Shift is a move in right direction for Gsuite users.

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Joel daniel H.
Executive Dreamer
Think-Tanks, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: If you have a lot of different Google products you use regularly (multiple email addresses, calendar, drive, contacts, etc), Shift saves you a ton of tabs and time switching, consolidating everything into one easy to navigate interface. As a business owner that oversees 3 email addresses actively and 3-5 more occasionally, Shift is worth it solely for the email element. It gets even better having calendar integrated. Shortcuts are helpful to jump between everything with ease.

Nachteile: Once I leveled up to pro, I found that there were diminishing returns. The more things that were all shoved into one interface, the harder it was to navigate it all. And several of the new programs/add-ons had much more limited functionality. Basic is solid. Pro is best. Advanced is overrated.

Review for Shift

Jesse H.
Mobilization Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mostly great! When it's working and all my account are accessible, I love it.

Vorteile: Love having everything I need in one place. Easy to switch between accounts.

Nachteile: Hate that it signs out of my accounts so often. Constantly having to reload. A few bugs and some apps not working properly, like Buffer.

Great app for managing multiple Gmail and other accounts!

Ryan C.
Business Intelligence Analyst

Kommentare: I currently have a couple different emails I use for work and have my a couple accounts for my personal business. Shift allows me to swap between all of these accounts without cross-pollinating them. I love it. At work I have a laptop with two monitors and one monitor is always dedicated to Shift!

Vorteile: Shift makes the integration and access to multiple programs very easy and simple. I love switching between email accounts and accessing everything I need very quickly.

Nachteile: The only issue I have had with Shift is that I sometimes have to login multiple times to an add-on/application because it isn't syncing well. I have also had to reboot the software a couple times because it was being "buggy". All of which I think is a natural part of the process and appears that the support team is actively working on ways to improve on these types of issues.

Shift saves me a lot of time daily

Director, Technical Services
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For historial reasosn, I have several G Suite and Google accounts that I need to access every day. Shift greatly simplifies that task, and the gloabl search function can't be matched with a web browser clien.

Vorteile: All of my G Suite and Google accounts can be accessed from one screen. It saves so much time. The integartion of other accounts such as Twietter, Facebook, and LinkedIn is also quite helpful. I don't have to keep checking a bunch of tabs on a web browser to see if I have notifications.

Nachteile: I don't really have any major complaints. Occasionally I'm required to login in again, which seems to be random.