My go-to for documentation!

Bewertet am 11.11.2019
Medical Student
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: This is something that I use daily, as a replacement for a planner (the fact that I can so easily customize what I have on my study plan is a big benefit to me), as well as a tool for group work on the biostatistical analysis of data. It is something that is highly customizable to what you need (hence my two vastly different methods of using it), and keeps your laptop from slowing down due to either 1) large program use or 2) high amount of storage.

Vorteile: As a student, there is a lot of group work that goes into different projects, especially when learning about biostatistics and other classes where complex data-driven mathematics must be done. Google sheets allow for team collaboration in the simplest way possible. Also, its a very seamless software. When compared to Excel, it does not glitch at all (whereas on my computer, because excel is such a large program, it often slows down other apps if I am multitasking, or freezes up itself). Lastly, it also frees up a lot of storage on your device! Since none of the sheets are actually stored on your computer, it won't take up memory (and is simple to retrieve, either through your google drive or through the google sheets website)

Nachteile: The amount of formulas and programs that it has is slightly less than excel, and if you are working in a research lab then exporting data from google sheets to a statistical analysis program may not be compatible (since many of them require to excel as a source for data). However, if you are just looking for a simple datasheet, then this would not even be a problem for you.

Google Sheets made wait time at Court Productive Again

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Jared L.
President / Owner
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When searching for a word processor suite to use on my new tablet, I rediscovered the G-Suite of products. I had some administrative documents for client and project tracking that needed to be drafted and could never find the time while sitting at my desk. Now, when I have similar projects, I schedule time to work on them while sitting at court waiting for my case to be called or when parked in front of the t.v. binge watching " Insert Title Here". I am satisfied with the product on mobile and will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

Vorteile: Let's be honest, running a business is about bottom line. The entry version of Google Sheets is free! I searched a few other products and own a license for another, but did not want to purchase an additional license at the time. But the Pros do not stop at price tag. The program is cloud serviced and is synced with "free at basic level" cloud storage (storage can be shared/synced with multiple devices and collaboration is possible). Productivity and ease of sharing is great.

Nachteile: Functionality is a bit clunky on a tablet device without a mouse requiring multiple taps to get cell edit options to appear and requiring selection of a "completed" button to close the edits. Also, I have poked around with the software a bit, but have not found an easy way to drag/drop files to my desktop if I have not downloaded the Google Drive (Back Up and Sync) program. This can be a Con when you utilize Drive for personal docs and pics and want to download files from a separate cloud folder.

Google Sheets is great for individual and collaborative use.

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Joshua D.
Assistant Marching Band Director
Hochschulbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Sheets for almost everything I do: meeting registration and check-in, financial tracking, event signup, project planning, media management. I even built a relational database entirely in Sheets (it runs a little slowly -- Sheets is NOT a database platform -- but it works for our organization size).

Vorteile: Google Sheets offers an excellent (see what I did there?) spreadsheet experience with easy team collaboration and loads of extensibility. I can share a sheet with collaborators and have easy-to-use, granular control over access levels from team member to team member, down to the individual spreadsheet cell! Google Apps Script means that if there's a feature you need that Sheets doesn't have, you can create it.

Nachteile: My only issue is that I can't customize the menus the way I could in Microsoft Excel. The finicky little differences in functionality between Sheets & Excel used to bother me, but that has fallen off over the years.

Worth the Time

Bewertet am 28.10.2019
Myra H.
Warranty Processing Coordinator
Bekleidung & Mode, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Google Sheets is definitely a reliable program. There are very little programs that I would give a full 10/10 review. But this program is worth it especially when it can be free of charge with any Google account which is also free of charge.

Vorteile: I love the ease of Google Sheets. When it was first introduced it was difficult because it couldn't do everything that Excel can do. And unfortunately because you have to Microsoft Suite now I couldn't afford it as a student. I have learned my way around formulas, pivot tables and more through Excel with my work and at home I use goggle sheets. The consistent changes and updates they have made have made transitioning from one to the other daily see seamless. I use Google Sheets for my own projects as well as business and I love it.

Nachteile: There will be times that it is hard to know exactly where to go to find the same thing as Excel. However if you are confident in googling a solution then there is a work around. Otherwise it can be difficult to know what you are looking for if you are used to excel wording.

Google Sheets: A User Friendly Experience

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Aaron L.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Google Sheets has allowed me to be more efficient with my grading. As a classroom teacher, grading can take up a lot of time and become overwhelming. Google Sheets has solved this problem for me and allowed me to create a system that is tailored made to meet my exact needs. Our budgeting has also improved significantly. In the past, everything was kept track on paper with lots of missed items and deadlines. With using Google Sheets and the "shared" option, we no longer have these problems.

Vorteile: Google Sheets is very user friendly. I use it for a couple of activities in my classroom. My first main use is using it as a grade book. I have created different tabs for each subject area. I then went through and set up each section with each assignment that I wanted to track the data on. I used the conditional formatting feature so that everything is automatically color coded as it is entered. This allows me to instantly see which students are falling behind and which assignments are missing. I like this better than other online gradebook options, because I have complete control over everything that is set up and entered. This did take significant time to set up, but the great thing about it is that I can now copy over the same Google Sheet each year and reuse it. This has ended up saving me lots of time as I prepare progress reports and report cards as well. The other main way that I use Google Sheets is as a budgeting tool. I help organize the budget for my grade level team. We have each section of our budget prepared on a different tab. We set up columns to keep track of the expenses ahead of us and ones that have already been processed. Perhaps the best feature is that we have this as a "shared" sheet. So everyone on the team has access to the sheet and can edit it. This helps to create a level of transparency and tracking which has been very helpful for our team.

Nachteile: Overall, there is very little about Google Sheets that is not useful. Like similar products, there is a small learning curve depending on your experience with the product. However, any problem that I have had, I have simply searched for a YouTube video on the issue and I have easily found guidance to fix it.

Friendly & Collaborative Planning Tool

Bewertet am 28.9.2019
Murtuza B.
Design Consultant
Design, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Friendly, Light & Collaborative. I wasn't a fan of Google Sheet until I found a tool that I need to plan, some basic accounts and want it to be accessible from anywhere. I now love to see multiple people on my team on sheet at the same time working, we're reviewing things on call and changing immediately without a fear of losing any data. The best part is the history that Google Sheet maintains. I remember one day a new guy mistakenly deleted some content from the sheet and I told him to relax and recovered it through histories.

Nachteile: The management of sheets on web dashboard. I feel like there has to be an option to create multiple groups for sheet or you can say folder. Sometimes I have to scroll a lot if I forgot the name of sheet I used sometime back. However naming sheets based on the project can solve an issue but still I feel there has to be groups to manage sheets.

Take your reporting to the next level with Google Sheets

Bewertet am 14.9.2019
Tanishq A.
Content Writer and Digital Marketing Executive
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: User friendly with good and exciting features supporting the requirements of today's day and age.

Vorteile: 1. Simple and easy to understand with all the necessary tools available right in front of the eyes.
2. Uploading and downloading feature with multiple file format support.
3. Version and editing history with option to suggest edits.
4. Highly controllable in terms of sharing with email notifications.

Nachteile: I did not find any cons of this product.

Conveniently share spreadsheets to your team with Google Sheets

Bewertet am 7.9.2019
Filipinas faela C.
Team Leader
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Running a business involves a lot of records in spreadsheet format that needs to be shared with people in the team. Being able to collaborate on spreadsheets real-time is a huge time saver which is what our team love about Google Sheets. And with the History feature, it is very easy to track who made what change and when.

Vorteile: I like that I am able to collaborate with my team in creating and updating spreadsheets for our company's financial records and other data that needs to be recorded

Nachteile: I don't like that I am not able to use the Ctrl+Shift+V feature when I am on incognito mode. I use a lot of browsers when working and always open them in incognito to make them load faster. There are data that I need to enter in a spreadsheet which also involves ensuring that the newly entered data follows the existing formatting of the spreadsheet, and I had to open a new window that is not in incognito to be able to do that.

Google just makes everything so easy!

Bewertet am 7.9.2019
Sean T.
Hausmeisterservice, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have used Google Sheets in a variety of settings, both while a student in college, and in my professional career. Sheets has made it so easy to collaborate with coworkers across the nation, allowing everyone to input data and see changes real-time. I have used sheets to track monthly numbers across branches in different states, to fill out simplified monthly and yearly profit/loss statements, to look at yearly financial projections, to analyze sets of data, etc. Google Sheets has been an awesome tool!

Vorteile: Google sheets is the simple, efficient, shareable version of Microsoft Excel. It is so easy enter data, create lists, and collaborate with colleagues and classmates in real-time. The spreadsheets save to the google cloud automatically and are easily accessible in any location or editable with any device. No need to save the file to your computer or USB stick. On top of all that, the service is free!

Nachteile: While Google continues to update the software and add new features, the product only offers a fraction of the capability of Microsoft Excel. Those who grew up using Excel may experience a bit of a learning curve when using Google Sheets, and may be disappointed in the limited features.

Reliable & Time Saving Organization Tool

Bewertet am 25.8.2019
Amy G.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Google sheets has saved me a lot of time and encouraged me to organize data and lists in table formats, which is a more accessible and attractive format. The many templates google sheets offers also saves me time so I don’t need to build everything from scratch. The fact that google sheets is free is amazing.

Vorteile: I use google sheets to keep track of email lists, budgets, and to list professional opportunities. I’m a PhD student and college instructor. Google sheets is great for making quick tables of info that I can share and allow people to add their info. So, instead of having to input everything myself, google sheets allows for more crowdsourcing and collaboration. It’s also a simple looking design that’s attractive and easy to read for a wide audience.

Nachteile: Google sheets has many buttons and drop down menu options. Despite this, I always have to search for how to perform certain functions beyond the basics. The buttons and menu options are not very clear or helpful. It’s very confusing and takes me awhile to learn how to perform basic functions. It’s sometimes a hassle to use google sheets for this reason.

Necessary for the Writing Business

Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Jen C.
Freelance Editor and Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was hesitant to switch to sheets since I was a long-term Excel user. However, a friend convinced me to make the switch so that I could help her with planning some social media posts for her business. Once I got started, I found that I liked how intuitive everything felt. I decided to use Sheets instead of Excel for plotting my novels after getting some experience with it. I find that it is quicker for me to chart everything I want to write. Also, it is easy to share my documents with other users, which is essential for me and my alpha reader. I will absolutely keep using Google Sheets and highly recommend making the switch if you're struggling with Excel.

Vorteile: Google Sheets is easy to use - even easier than Microsoft Excel. In fact, it is the better option since the documents you create can easily be shared and edited by others. As a writer, I like creating plot outlines in Sheets. It makes the plotting process that much more coherent for me. And having it auto-save is fantastic.

Nachteile: The only thing I noticed with Sheets is that it can sometimes be a bit slow to load. But, once it it is loaded, Sheets scrolls fluidly.

Excel? Nope. Use Google Sheets to create custom dashboards, and reporting systems

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Varun B.
Vice President
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall we have gone from sharing a few sheets and collaborating on projects to creating a full blow mini ERP in the space of 2 years. Once a day reports from our accounting SW are posted in to a dedicated Inputs sheet, and a series of over 30 sheets, inter linked, and divided bby team and role use these sheets on a hourly basis to create meaningful isnights, and formulate strategy. Has been an extremely fulfilling experience, and we keep extending the use cases on a regular basis.

Vorteile: Easy to use
Easy to adapt if you are used to Excel
Concurrent editing / easy group collaboration
Always improving - big plus
Easy to create links between multiple sheets
Scripts can be used to extend functionality endlessly

Nachteile: Generally positive about the SW but could see a few key improvements:
Scripts should be shareable amongst sheets. scripts.google.com does host my scripts, but we need to add the scripts individually to each sheet. Can be very annoying if we have some custom formula defined acros multiple sheets that need editing.
Filter could be improved. Filters based on formatting. Additional built in solutions for duplicates should be added.

Phenomenal Interface for Efficient and Collaborative Work

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Performance Improvement Consultant
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been absolutely incredible. I work with large thousand-row spreadsheets on a daily basis, and Google Sheets has made collaborative work extremely easy, allowing for the saving of hundreds of hours, as multiple users can work on the same canvas.

Vorteile: The best feature about this software is how much it facilitates and encourages collaborative work. More specifically,when working on large spreadsheets, there is an ability to create viewing windows or "filter views" which allow all collaborators to enjoy the benefit of controlling which/how much movement and change they see on their spreadsheet when working on a pivot table, while at the same time not interrupting or affecting the other collaborators who are also working on the project. This allows for the perfect degree of individualistic freedom and collaborative ability while working on a large spreadsheet with features such as a pivot table.

Nachteile: What I think this software could improve on, is the simple ability for a user to successfully download a compatible version of a Google spreadsheet as a Microsoft Excel file. Often times, as is the case too with Google Docs, users require an attachment to make part of a professional email, a report, or an online upload. For this reason, the file must be turned into an Excel spreadsheet. If this process is not user friendly, as can be the case, users might be tempted to simply use Microsoft Excel from the beginning. This lack of compatability with more complicated features such as pivot tables, column filters, etc. can be the root of such issues with compatability when using the software.

Who doesn't love a good Spreadsheet?

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Executive Assistant | Online Business Manager | Project Manager | Systems Automation | Consultant ¿
Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Where do you go when you need access to quality tools at no cost? You go to Google, of course! I am a Project Manager and planner who works virtually with a team that is spread across the USA, so being able to work together on one Sheet at the same time (and clearly see the revisions) is precisely what I needed. Spreadsheets are my life! I get excited about inserting formulas, collaborating on projects and sharing spreadsheets and data in real-time. Google Sheets has improved the ability to comment and chat on a Sheet directly from a free Google account. It is simple to use but can also be made as complex as any other spreadsheet creator that I know of. I keep learning more each day!

Nachteile: If you're an experienced user with Excel, you might find yourself frustrated by some of the features that are not yet available in this free software; however, they are working diligently to roll out new improvements and updates regularly. You probably won't be waiting for long.

Cloud based, autosaving and access from your pocket

Bewertet am 2.7.2019
Operations Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Google sheets is a great way to streamline work processes (including team to-do lists) without having a license fee. The pre-made templates include budgets, schedules, team rosters and more and that's just the beginning of how powerful this free software can be.

Vorteile: First of all, the price point is hard to beat. Ahem, it's free with your google account if you're not in the know. It's easy to access from your google account no matter what device you're using because it's all cloud based, and if you can access Google, you can access Google Sheets. There's also an app for android and Apple that make it easy to pull up sheets in a jiffy. I can pull up a Google Sheet to-do list on my cell phone in the middle of a meeting or I can present a budget from lap top in the conference room. Because the file is cloud based, I can make edits that will appear as others are view the document as well - so everyone is up-to date all the time. Well, unless they print the file... How many times has a document been lost in the endless edit and re-email thread where the most recent edits aren't all on the same doc? Not with Google Sheets. You can even track the changes that were made. Because you set your sharing preferences, you can create view-only, comment only and shared editing documents - and you *still* don't have to pay a licensing fee to give other's access to the file. If you want to track individuals making edits, you can invite them by their email and require they log in. For others, anyone with the link can edit. But it all remains in the same place - cloud updated.

Nachteile: While Google Sheet's main competitor has advanced features that aren't yet available, it seems google is continually adding more and more tools. For a basic table however the ease and cost of Google Sheets is a fast winner. Because many people have grown up using Excel in school and beginning of their careers, there is a bit of a learning curve for some users to pick up what is and is not available in this free software, but as long as you're not doing extremely complex formulas you should be able to get everything you need in GSheets.

The best program in the Google Office Suite-- Use often and highly recommend

Bewertet am 5.4.2019
Renee J.
Sales Consultant
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Vorteile: This software has performed the best for me of any of the softwares in the Google office suite. I can easily create spreadsheets with similar functions as Excel and the crossover was not difficult as all. I was able to quickly adapt to this platform and use it for bookkeeping and organizing my thoughts for various businesses. I love that I can easily add to it and check it from my iPhone. Some of the ways I use it on my iPhone are for inputting expenses as they happen for my business and for organizing my pantry and grocery lists. It is something I use and check everyday and I love how easy it is! Additionally, I was able to develop a fairly complex spreadsheet (with the help of techy friends) who were able to write macros into it that they would normally use with Excel. Because of the easy link sharing feature, I was able to share this with other people to assist them in the calculations I was doing.

Nachteile: One of the biggest cons is not enabling people to share the document as a template. It would be nice to give a link and then allow people to have it as a template so they could edit it without having to go to "File" and "save a copy". This does allow me to use google sheets more than I use docs as a Microsoft replacement (see other review), but there are a few features I still find to be difficult. For basic expense and revenue tracking, I enjoy google sheets because I can access it from anywhere and update it from anywhere. But for my family budget, I still prefer Excel, especially with the ease of conditional formatting (which is possible but more complex in sheets). I also still prefer excel for turning data into graphs and charts. Overall however, Sheets is an important program that I use /daily/ and I highly recommend it!

Simple but full-featured spreadsheet

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
David W.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I greatly enjoyed the inter-operability of Google Sheets and other Google apps. For instance Google Sheets serves as a back and data source for Google forms. There are also dozens of plug-ins available to enhance the abilities of Google Sheets. On the whole, I find that Google Sheets more than meets my needs at least 95% of the time. And best of all, it's free!

Vorteile: Google Sheets does 95% of the tasks that common users of Microsoft Excel expect at 0% of the cost. The web-based spreadsheet application has come along way since its debut. From graphing and charting to complex formulas, Google Sheets offers a very full-featured and pleasant alternative to the Redmond giant’s original office application. The interface is simple and more comparable to earlier versions of Excel. While Google Sheets is a web browser based application, it can still be used off-line. The experience is pretty much the same on any platform. Of course Google’s Chrome browser seems to have the least issues with Google Sheets. As it is also cloud-based software, it’s a snap to share any file with other users via Google Drive. Files can be downloaded to your desktop and used in other spreadsheet programs. Google also supports importing of many spreadsheet file formats.

Nachteile: Like most Google products. The official support is a few webpages. Fortunately, a huge user community contributes several thousands of webpages and YouTube videos. There is no shortage of instructional material. The most complex features found in Excel generally will not be found in Google Sheets. For example, advanced formatting and the most complex statistical analysis packages go beyond Google Sheets abilities. The mobile apps tend to be more limited than the web experience

An amazing Cloud Based spreadsheet

Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Shayne H.
Director of Sales
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Google Sheets for various business functions including inventory management, budgetary analysis and various other processes. I may not be able to do as much of the 'heavy lifting' as other spreadsheets out there, but it certainly gets the job done. The best part is, it's free!

Vorteile: 1) Accessibility: You can access Google Sheets from any device at any time and continue working on a spreadsheet. This is because Google Sheets is cloud-based and your changes are saved in real-time. 2) Adaptability: If you've used MS Excel in the past, then using Google Sheets will be a piece of cake for you. 3) Document Sharing: Google Sheets makes it possible for you to share your spreadsheet with other people so that they can review your document in real-time. 4) Sharing Security Options: Not only is the spreadsheet sharing option an amazing feature, it also allows you to apply certain restrictions to the people you share your document with. For example, you may want someone to help you compose the document. You can give that person editing rights, as opposed to the 'view only' option where he can only view your spreadsheet without editing it.

Nachteile: 1) Internet Connectivity: Since Google Sheets is cloud-based, you're going to have to stay connected to the internet. Although you have the 'edit offline' option, you're going to have to be connected to an internet connection in case you've shared your work with someone and they are referring to it on a regular basis. 2) Confusion: There could be a lot of confusion when two people are working on the spreadsheet at the same time. However, if you're careful enough, then Google Sheets highlights the cell that each user is currently editing with different colours.

An Obvious Choice for a Modern Office Tooling

Bewertet am 14.2.2019
Michael H.
Site Reliability Engineer
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall Google Sheets has been an excellent tool to use when considering it as an accompaniment to Microsoft Office. Even as a stand alone tool this is a fantastic addition to any company willing to fork out for user licensing in the full G-Suite platform. I wouldn't recommend this for traditional companies with staff that struggles with modernization and rapid development. I also don't believe G-Suite is necessary for traditional companies to be effective with traditional platforms. This tool is not absolutely necessary in any company but it is without a doubt an excellent add-on for companies looking to use modern processes to share common tabular-cell data sets more rapidly than you can with traditional platforms.

Vorteile: This software is baked right into your Google ecosystem and is widely used. It's available via web app or you can download a Google App of it to make offline edits. It's clean, clear, and concise and lacks all of the necessary UI you find in competing tabular cell based software. Edits are made live 95% of the time and it is a highly reliable web application provider so connectivity is the last of the issues you will ever face with this tool. Additionally, it is quite easy to get a Google Sheet to other people through multiple means of modern communication and document linking. This is a very rapidly usable tool built very much for highly efficient modern teams. I have yet to need to utilize support although it's a paid per seat licensing model so I'm sure there is support available if needed.

Nachteile: This tool is not yet capable as a full on replacement for traditional office tools. Formulae are difficult to work with and in many cases not as effective as many that are built into more traditional office tools. There is not enough current integration to use this as a stand alone desktop application and there aren't currently enough built-in file types that can be opened from the desktop. Traditional management and effective but not-young staff may find adopting to Google's processes difficult. Offices with staff engrained with Microsoft Office knowledge may lose parts of this invaluable knowledge and efficiency if switching entirely to this platform.

Shift to Sheets!

Bewertet am 10.1.2019
Russell P.
Consultant and Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Analyzing data, creating charts and brilliant graphs, using add-ons to do even more incredible things from the spreadsheet.

Vorteile: Sheets is a great option for spreadsheeting, data management, and analysis. Since it's cloud-based, you need not worry about losing it, forgetting to save, etc. - it's always there in the cloud, constantly saving, and available anytime, anywhere, on any device. Next, it's logically arranged and has a user-friendly interface. Being a part of the G Suite platform (Google Apps), it comes free with your Drive/Gmail account, so there's no need to download any software, purchase anything - it's available free of charge. Sheets has the ability to do the almost every analysis you'll need. Lots of advanced functions and calculations are built into the platform. What I've been most impressed with recently is the "Explore" and insert graph features - it's very intuitive. Sheets does a good job of "guessing" the best way to display chart data into the form of a graph. And even if you don't like the bar, pie, line graph it creates, you can easily change it with just a few clicks. In my opinion, Sheets is the easiest spreadsheeting platform that I've used when it comes to graph creations. Beyond that, the add-ons available through the G Suite Marketplace give Sheets "superpowers." Consider exploring Autocrat, FormMule, Flubaroo, and RowCall just to name a few. Each of these add-ons were created by independent developers and allow the spreadsheet to accomplish even more! An awesome feature!

Nachteile: I have few complaints really, but some users have complained that Sheets lacks some of the heavy-lifting capabilities of other spreadsheet platforms. I would disagree, and suggest that you just need to explore a bit more and consider using an add-on. There are also hundreds of YouTube videos and posts that explain how to accomplish goals that you may be struggling to achieve. Another limitation with the software is that the amount of Sheets you can produce or data you can store may be limited by the size of you Google Drive account, which will require a monthly payment. I feel that Google's prices are worth it, though.

The Only Way to Spreadsheet

Bewertet am 22.12.2018
Mazyar m. H.
Candidate
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I couldn't organize my office, my work, maybe my life, without Google Sheets. It is still far and away the best solution to represent the abstract, then make the abstract concrete and specific, then put data into effect. Frankly, I probably over-use Sheets sometimes - as if it were a database instead of just a spreadsheet. But it's so tempting to put every kind of information into Sheets and let the visuals inform you. I could go on, but you get the point. This is "the" Google product in my office.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Super-flexible. Dynamic - move rows and columns by dragging and dropping. No need to cut and paste. None of that "Insert Cut Cells" like with Excel. Of course there is amazing integration with other Google products and third-party apps. Then there is the whole "cloud" aspect, which is life-changing. Once you experience real-time collaboration from anywhere, you really can't go back. Then there are the intelligent graphs it creates from data. Information makes much more sense when represented visually, and Sheets does that instantly and effectively.

Nachteile: Despite its rapid improvement over the past few years, in some ways Google Sheets is still playing catch-up with Microsoft Excel. For instance, Sheets still provides no easy way for the user to drag and drop large numbers of cells. Try it and you get an awkward exercise in counting, guessing, and hoping that an action does not result in a mess. Then there are the byzantine "scripts" you have to type in to automate cells or get a desired result. I'm not a programmer. And the way in which Sheets makes the user guess whether it even has certain features at all. There are hundred "little things" like these that need improvement and could bee seen as "bugs." Or maybe Google just doesn't want to be the office standard. But I don't believe that. So yes, Sheets has a way to go, but it's on the right track.

Great Functionality, Great Tool

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Elise S.
Affiliate Marketer
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a whole, Sheets is helpful for various business functions from budgets and inventory, to organization of lists, SKUs, and entire databases of data. Along with the other applications of G Suite, Sheets is a time saver and easy to use. Even for the common person with a regular Gmail account, the use of Sheets to organize financial information, plan events, or prioritize tasks is incredibly helpful.

Vorteile: Google Sheets is a fantastic and free software app of G suite. It offers basically the same functionality as Excel Spreadsheets, without the necessity of Microsoft Office. Its design (using the same formula functions and structure as Excel) allows users familiar with Excel to use Sheets with ease. An added benefit is the Google Forums that let users consult other users for support and formula FAQ. Sheets functions can also extend to additional Sheets on the same Google Drive, allowing users to access and analyze data in other departments without duplicating the information on to separate Sheets. The potential ubiquity and cost (free) of Sheets is likely its most advantageous element. From large corporations to small businesses, the features of Sheets can be accessed by anyone with a Gmail account, and is not limited by added costs or extra purchases.

Nachteile: With the frequent updates and the availability of support from both Google and other users, it's difficult to find notable faults with Google Sheets. The addition of being able to live chat with support in real time would be beneficial for issues that require time-sensitive assistance, but overall, Sheets' support options are well structured and helpful.

Powerful web-based application for spreadsheets

Bewertet am 12.11.2018
Abigail P.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As I have highlighted the business benefits in pros also. It saves much important time of user and gives effective features with the ease of use. I prefer Google sheets then using Excel on many phases.

Vorteile: Google sheets is one of the powerful application that allows me to create, edit and share spreadsheets online. I have been using this app since it was lunched. The most interesting thing I can log in with my Gmail account and it keeps backup of my files. The most interesting feature of Google sheets is when we do work it saves our work automatically, that saves time and makes us tension free about losing data.
Secondly I would like to say its templates are really helpful and makes much easy ways of doing work. Templates saves our time which we have to spend on formatting and creating the design. If I talk about the work benefits of this application they are uncountable and fantastic.

Nachteile: As far as I am concerned with this application it is full of features and gives us easy ways of working on it. I do not think so that there could be any bad thing happening while working. Well It works perfectly by providing us fantasist services. It is a full of featured application that works outstandingly and never lets us face any kind of big issue I do say I have to face sometimes technical errors but they does not go against this application because they work on their product and never lets the user have any kind of problem.

Just like Excel but better!

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Katrina L.
Event Specialist
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Google Sheets have helped me out when Microsoft Excel let me down. I had a school account for MS Suites. On one of my assignments, all of my data was lost when my tablet died. After that I found Google sheets ony Chrome book, it worked with or without the internet. I syned all the time after every edit. It works great with my invoices and school assignments. I can insert charts, format cells, find and replace data, save to my SD card or my device, attach to emails and edit Excel files to save on my device. This software I'd very useful.

Vorteile: I like ease of using this software. I am a mystery shopper and most of my assignments require lists that use this format. On any assignment, I may have around 2000 grocery items to locate and update. I find it easy to select cells to enter their UPC codes , ounces, or general data, multiplying or adding formulas are easy. I am thankful I recently had a computer programs refresher course last semester that taught how to edit spreadsheets. You can also sync your progress so you won't lose progress. This is a BIG plus to me! You don't know how many times I was using Microsoft Excel and my tablet died and my information was lost because it didn't sync! I had to return to the location and start back over and write the prices down during and after the tablet died again. Google sheets sync without me having to save anything. It even allows me to work offline, which is fantastic. Every edit/change is automatically updated and saved. I don't have to be connected to the internet and it still sync my sheets. I love Google sheets. I also use it for receipts and inventory for my online Clothing Boutique "Beauty Dior Divas". The color formats are great, I like the choice of change. I used sheets to analyze and graph my sales monthly. I help my mom with her business, I set up here monthly sales and chart her losses and gains to compare to the same month but previous year. I love the ease of sharing your sheets by email. My scheduler can edit the forms, if necessary.

Nachteile: None, I have no problems with Google sheets.

Share the load of projects effectively

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
US Sales Manager
Medizinische Geräte, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Positive but often abused. I find myself in constant reminder to my team to have conversations about the direction we want to take in creating a doc/sheet before embarking. Working in today's generation it is often easy to slip into majority type or text for communication and forgetting the importance of verbal conversation. Often it can take longer for both parties to brainstorm, type, review, share, read, digest, type, review, respond, and so on and so forth.

Vorteile: I love being able to work on a project with another teammember simultaneously. This helps increase productivity and cut down on back and forth communications. Its nice to be able to discuss on a project on the phone and look through a sheet together even when video call with screen sharing is not available. I've found google sheets most helpful for tracking data on monthly events and being able to review the year on the whole.
Google sheets makes working across Mac/Windows computers much easier. Its nice to not have to worry about being able to see/access a sheet due to the other party not having and updated platform for Excel.

Nachteile: I caution working on google sheets together without having an agreed upon method for data management. Simple rules like 'only numbers OR only letters' in a single cell can be a good starting point. Frustrations can really rise if there is misunderstanding on general sheet management. You may find yourself documenting the same thing just on different sheets within the same sheet if you don't start with some basic rules.
Like google docs is similar but not the same as Word, so is google sheets to Excel. There are limitations to the functions in google sheets but it is an excellent starting point.
Biggest downside on the whole is being tied to an internet connection to be able to access information.