I have found it extremely useful for teaching students over the last 3 years.

Sukrit V.
Trifecta Consultants

Kommentare: It is a lovely teaching tool. Far simpler to use than any other whiteboard available on the market. And I have tried quite a few.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and share. It works beautifully for teaching. Multi colored pens allow you to highlight messages you want to give easily. You can also assign a pen to an individual so that individual contributions can be noted. It is now possible to save a whiteboard and retrieve as well.

Nachteile: There are a couple of things that could be improved on. First of all, the one major irritant is the inability to scroll down in case you require more than one screen's worth of drawing / writing etc. Secondly, I find that everybody does not seem to have the same coordinates. I have often found a student of mine writing something at the top of his screen but is invisible on mine. I have had to give him some point on his screen below which he should write. Occasionally (not recently though), the shared board would just stop updating. Having said all this, it still remains my personal favorite as a teaching tool.

von A Web Whiteboard an 30.11.2017

Hi Sukrit,

Thanks for your positive feedback- it means a lot to us.

You said you would like to have a scroll feature - and we do have one. It is a hand tool on the right side of the interface. You can scroll in every direction on the board so you can easily find drawings that are not in your screen area.

Hope this helps.

Dora

AWW is a simple-to-use web-based collaborative whiteboard space.

Chase G.
Structural Engineer
Baumaterial, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A web-based collaborative space. I can easily (and quickly) communicate with people outside of my company. As an engineer, I often have to communicate with drawings and sketches. This whiteboard is like having a meeting in person in a conference room with whiteboard, except that we don't have to travel miles and miles to get to one another. And after the meeting, you can save a PDF so you don't lose all of the information you worked on.

Vorteile: The whiteboard is easy to use. It has lots of tools and functionality. You can select from different colors and pen styles to make your drawings easier to understand. You can also add in shapes like rectangles and circles to make your drawings a little cleaner to read. Text boxes and Post-Its also make for a clean yet versatile whiteboard environment. You can also upload images, multi-page PDFs, and PPTs so you can discuss images or documents that have been created in advance. The boards are easy to use. I find it helpful for collaborating with people outside of my company/organization because they don't have to have an account. AWW offers a Premium tier, but you don't have to have one in order to use the software. They also have a VOIP feature in case you are trying to hold a conference call with voice audio.

Nachteile: Some other competitors have templates so that you can quickly get an outline developed (like a timeline or another form of visual planning). Navigation in the board can be a little counter-intuitive at times. I believe it was intended to be used with touchscreens like tablets and "smart boards". I have a background in engineering and drafting so I naturally try to pan using the middle button, but doing so does nothing in the whiteboard. In order to pan, you either have to zoom in/out to get where you are going, or you have to click the hand in the top right and then you can move around.

It's just wonderful. It's both tutor and student friendly and interactive. Easy to use and helpful.

Sayantan D.
Founder and Teacher

Kommentare: I use it daily to provide online maths tutoring to my students with utmost ease and satisfaction. It's very nice.

Vorteile: Uploading pictures, drawing lines and shapes, different pen size and colour options. Changing size of the image has become easier and also overall control of the board include features like saving the board.

Nachteile: Eraser size cannot be changed. No underline options for text. At times the student writing is not simultaneously visible to the tutor.

von A Web Whiteboard an 17.11.2017

Thanks Sayantan
We really appreciate your your positive feedback.
We'll keep on striving to make your experience even better.
All best, AWW team.

great teaching tool

Bewertet am 28.11.2017
Marina K.
Curriculum Developer
Bildungsmanagement

Kommentare: I was able to teach with ease without extra steps. I like that I can use any messenger or online classroom available and don't have to switch to use this app.

Vorteile: I tutor online and use this app a lot with all my students. 5love the ability to work together on the same board. Whether I explain something or my student solves a problem, we can always go and ask questions about different steps, we can mark what was unclear and it helps with discussion a lot.

Nachteile: It would help me if I could choose a graph paper background or had and ability use other math tools, such as typing formulas or use a protractor to measure angles.

von A Web Whiteboard an 29.11.2017

Hi Marina,

Thanks for your positive feedback.

We are planning to add graph paper background and I'll be happy to let you know once we do.

If you have any further suggestions, please let me know.

Efficient

Sarah abigail O.
Online Teacher

Vorteile: I like that I can share it with my students. That way they can interact with me and share what they have to share. Its fun and entertaining too.

Nachteile: It loads slow sometimes. It doesn't connect to the shared party. They can't see what I'm drawing sometimes.

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your review - it means a lot to us.

I would like to know more about the issues you have experienced with syncing board content with the other party. Is the problem still happening? Do you have a link to the board I can share with my technical team so they check it out?

All best

I use AWW app for online tutoring

David L.
Private Tutor
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Having this software allows me to conduct online tutoring easily from my home or office.

Vorteile: I use the free application, which works perfectly for my needs. I'm able to share the whiteboard with the student I'm working with and we can both write on the screen. It's almost as if we are sitting right next to each other.

Nachteile: Sometimes the screen will not load immediately or it will not recognize my stylus. This may be because we're using the free version.

it would have been better if there has been an option to type on the board instead or both

Divya A.
Online tutor

Vorteile: The option to share and the counter party to write which is not in other boards. It's good in that sense.

Nachteile: I explained it in the first answer. But the scrolling part is not very comfortable. It sometimes is fine at my end but enlarged at the other end.

Hi Divya,

Thanks for your review, it means a lot to us.

I would like to know more about the things you didn't like. You said you would like to have a typing option. We do have a typing option on board. It is the tool with the letters Aa.
Also can you explain a bit more what did you mean by scrolling part? Did you mean moving on board or zooming in and out? Both moving and zooming on board is not synced with other board members. They can zoom and move their boards as they like, not affecting your board, and vice versa.

I would much appreciate your answers - they would help us build better AWW for you.

All best,

Overall the collaboration piece is great. Like that there is inking, text, etc...

Michael D.
Teacher Specialist for Technology

Vorteile: All the features that students can use. The students love that they can use different ways to get across their message. They love collaborating together in Aww App.

Nachteile: People can easily delete others work. They get frustrated when other students delete what they put on the Aww board that was created. Should be a way to not let other students delete others work in the collaborative space.

von A Web Whiteboard an 17.11.2017

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your positive feedback, we really appreciate it.

We're building a new feature that will enable you to lock elements to the background. That will help you avoid erasing elements you don't want to be erased. The thing you can do right now is to choose in the manage participants section whether you want your students to draw or just watch. Hope this helps.

Great Tutoring Tool

Bewertet am 5.4.2018
Mechanical Design Engineer
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: While being an online tutor presents a host of challenges, most of them are solved with WhiteBoard. The collaboration tool allows both parties to write/draw/etc real time. Combined with an audio feed. The only missing component is face to face. Great tool.

Nachteile: There isn't too much negative I can say about this tool. It's simple, easy to understand, and powerful.

useful and great!

Marian Z.
Tutor

Vorteile: the colors and the ability to drag pictures. Drawing straight lines. I also like the dots so that I can see it's somewhat like a graph.

Nachteile: It glitches and i cannot see the bottom left of the page (i cannot add text). I have to always move my screen in order to drag pictures into the page.

Hi Marian,

Thanks for writing us feedback. It means a lot to us.
Regarding your issue witht the bottom left corner - can you send us a screenshot of it? Our technical team would like to take a look at it and see how can they help you.

All best,

Aww app is a great white board application that can easily be used to conduct sessions with students

Bewertet am 17.3.2019
Aman D.
Sr Program Analyst
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I was introduced to this application by a parent to try out online tutoring session. I must say I was impressed with the super ease use of the application to conduct the session. The data transmission in the form of changes on my screen was fast.

Nachteile: I used the free version of the application. I would like the software to include templates dedicated to the type of user and his/her use of the application. Such as a tutorial session to include quick tips, search tools, mathematical aids such as compass, calculators, protractor etc.

Aww was a good whiteboard, we needed something a little more malleable and robust

Matthew H.
Founder & CEO
Bildungsmanagement

Kommentare: I have recommended this product to individuals, but not yet organisations. I think it works well when there is already a relationship established between the two users.

Vorteile: The product was affordable with nice pricing structures (isntead of per minute etc which is the norm), It was easy to integrate and had lots of features we required

Nachteile: We struggled with the audio. It wasn't reliable enough when we had two users using it and because there was no camera we found users would struggle with the audio and give up. Furthermore it was difficult to customise.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for you feedback - it means a lot to us,
We are aware of the issues we're still having with audio. It works fine on the majority of devices and browsers, but it doesn't work on Safari and iPads. However, we'll keep on striving to improve the overall quality of the product.

If you have any other suggestions or feedback, I'll be happy to hear it.

All best,

Good enough but can be better

Masoud T.
Teacher
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helped me to have online classes from other parts of the world. And it is definitely one of the bests but it can improve.

Vorteile: I tried it first for one of my online classes and it was satisfying. I have tried a lot of other ones but this one is the best so far.

Nachteile: It does not have palm rejection that is a major problem. And customer service is not the best. I asked them a question and they did not answer. They can also add more functions and figures to that.

AwwApp is great for digital note taking in the classroom, especially with ppt annotation. Awesome!

Jasmin C.
Secondary Teacher

Kommentare: digital note taking and collaborating tools for classroom use.

Vorteile: It provides expandable whiteboard space for students to take note and collaborate in problem solve. The app also comes with many desirable features and functions for stylus user.

Nachteile: It is somehow difficult for the students to write beautifully in penmanship and to highlight clean. The ppt image gets erase when student was simply erasing their writing marks.

I use this for tutoring and overall it works well.

Bewertet am 28.11.2017
Lynn S.
Tutor

Vorteile: Easy to use and very accessible especially for students who do not have an ipad. I like that I can import images as well.

Nachteile: The abyss of a window can be difficult for my students to find where I am on the board. I wish there was an app on the ipad.

von A Web Whiteboard an 29.11.2017

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Our engineers are already working on the feature that will let your students know where you are on the board. I hope it will be soon out.

Great tool!

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Kirstie B.
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I love that it is collaborative and you can all draw and work together in realtime!

Nachteile: I hate that the connection gets lost many times and we end up not being able to see the same thing that the other folks using the same board are seeing,

A great online tool for making any kind of collaborative plans

Bewertet am 4.9.2018
Shreyas B.
CEO/Nirvana Interactive
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Basically, it's a great tool onoine to impart your ideas in the form of a model or a sketch. I had an idea for an upcoming project and I used AWW to successfully show the idea to my friend to whom I couldn't clearly explain the idea by words. It's really an amazing app !

Vorteile: The best part of AWW is that it's online ! So it's totally machine independent and it doesn't matter which OS you're using because it's online ! It's great if you sign up but even without doing so you can quickly start using the app for productive ideas, be it some sort of a plan or a business model or anything of sorts. Another great things about AWW is that it allows you to other people come on the projects and listen and edit your sketch/plan !

Nachteile: There's very little problems I've had with AWW but there were only minor bugs here and there but they seemed to be fixed so all is good !

The app works well and as intended. It is fairly intuitive in design and use.

Bewertet am 3.1.2018
High School Science Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I the writing utensil is smooth and has nice features with it. I like how the eraser works, only erasing the part that you go over. It has improved with the addition of allowing PDF's and PPT to be brought into the board. It like the integration with google classroom and the collaboration feature. I have been looking for a product that will allow math students the ability to go and use their devices and I believe the AWW app will allow this.

Nachteile: When PDF's brought in they are not crisp and clear. The lines are very pixilated. The PDF needs to fill the entire page as well, I know that you can zoom in on it but this seems cumbersome and an unneeded extra step. The ability to bring in more than just PPT would be helpful especially for those using Google products. If it could connect directly with Drive would be an improvement. The last thing that would be helpful is the ability to record so that it can be used for a flipped classroom. The recording must synch the writing and audio at the same time. I have seen other apps that do not do this. I have been using notability and that has been my benchmark

Limited features, bad support

Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Director of Business Development

Kommentare: Overall, if you just want a simple whiteboard, you can use it. But if you are looking to integrate it into your own environment using API's, this might not be the right fit. Do not expect timely support from the developers.

Vorteile: The only thing that I like about this product is the clean interface.

Nachteile: I wanted to use API of the app. I signed up for a trial account and I was asked to pay, because the trial account did not have API access. I got the paid subscription but the API never worked correctly. There was no support available. They take days to respond to your support request and will never appear on a phone call, even if you are a paid customer. We just ended up on an answered email thread for days and decided to switch to some other product.

Blackboard for teamwork.

Bewertet am 4.5.2019
Robert S.
GERENTE GENERAL
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Excellent online blackboard with which I can do in the company to make creations in the team, since it allows the collaborative work, the creations I can save it or share it through URL link or by email.
The platform offers me templates that help you create any informative material (diagrams or mental maps) and also allows me to add forms, drawings or upload files in different formats (ppt, pdf, jpg)
It offers an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.

Nachteile: It is online so it requires internet connection and the free versions is only 14 days.

Used to be quite limited but tried again recently and working excellently.

Daniel M.
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Free, useful whiteboard aid for my tutoring classes. Communication with colleagues. Fun activity for children.

Vorteile: Zoom and drag with large pages facilitates dynamic lessons excellently. Good choice of pens and colours.

Nachteile: No emoticons, smiley faces etc. Useful for teaching young students. Can get slow when lots of writing on screen, difficult to move sections of text to include some in middle

Great, but with a few glitches

Chris C.
Lead Mathematics Content Developer
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using it to tutor students and I've had great feedback so far, especially when it works without glitches.

Vorteile: I like the ability to post images. The system makes it easy because it allows users to drag and drop images directly onto the whiteboard. I also like the ability to save the whiteboard for future reference.

Nachteile: Sometimes, there's a lag between the time images are posted and when the images actually appears. Also, what other users write or do on the whiteboard may not always appear unless they manually refresh the page.

Fun, intuitive; my students have an easy time mastering the whiteboard after one or two sessions.

Nathan W.
Tutor

Vorteile: Doesn't overwhelm you with obscure, unnecessary tools or features. Pretty easy to share and host large group sessions.

Nachteile: The amount you can "zoom in" is a bit excessive; sometimes I accidentally zoom in too much and find myself lost in terms of my place on the board. However, this is merely a minor annoyance.

Easy to use and good for online collaboration.

Yvette G.
Tutor

Vorteile: It has just the right amount of features and tools to be simple to use and share with others easily.

Nachteile: I once had a stranger access and "vandalize" the board I was using with a student. (I was using the free version.)

Bewertet am 13.2.2019