Great platform, but still needs work

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 19.1.2019
Ali J.
Home Stager
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am a home stager and after trying several other inventory platforms, Sortly Pro was my favorite. I am frustrated with some basic features that it lacks, but overall, it does what I need.

Vorteile: I love that it is simple, user-friendly, and very ascetically easy to use.

Nachteile: There have been several simple updates that I have requested to customer service. I think for a program specifically designed to track inventory, specifically inventory that moves from location to location or customer to customer, then all inventory should have a 'home' or 'original destination' file so that when it is done at a location or customer then you simply click 'home' and them item goes back to it's original file. For example, I have upwards of 20-30 items that go to a client at one time. When they get returned to my inventory, I have to manually send them back to their original folder one by one. Yes, I can do bulk move, but I have nearly 100 'original destination' folders because all my inventory is categorized in folders. So I have to move the sofas to the 'sofas' folder and the lamps to the 'lamps' folder etc. I would like to be able to 'bulk select' and 'move to home folder'. Also, the option to drag items from one folder to the menu on the left would also help expedite daily actions.

Sortly in the Laboratory Environment

Jason R.
Histologist
Forschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This was exactly the application that I needed when I started our Laboratory inventory system. It is easy for my staff to look up if we have any chemicals on site, and the ability to add custom fields and tags allows us to keep a list of all of our Hazardous materials and link the SDS(new MSDS) forms to the chemicals, as OSHA and other agencies require.

Vorteile: To be honest, it is 'dumb' software. It has a very basic structure that allowed us to fill in and sort things as we needed to without fighting against any templates or pre-designed structure that got in our way.
It is super easy to integrate the iOS/Android app as a barcode scanner, something that other inventory management software charges *thousands* of dollars for, as well as expensive hardware to use. Most of your employees already have cell phones, or can be issued ones for work easily.

Nachteile: It is not quite as intuitive of an interface as the design would lead you to expect. A few good video/YouTube tutorials would be helpful.
The team is still developing features as clients give them input, so things can change quickly. App does not always push to update versions and old versions can be out of synch with the database.
Uses Avery labels when I would prefer a zebra printer for printing labels.

Perfect for Camera Equipment

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 4.2.2019
Benjamin B.
Cinematographer
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Sortly pro has been great. I was in the process of designing my own custom app for tracking my equipment, but am glad I didn't go too far down that road before I discovered Sortly.

Vorteile: What I love about this software is how flexible it is... if pressed for time I can quickly snap some pictures of what I need to inventory, and come back later to fill in the details. Also, the custom fields really help me fit it into my own systems. Also, the more you use the software, the less time consuming it becomes because the information tends to be already input... now I mostly am just moving things around.

Nachteile: A lot of what I do is basically "Checking in" and "Checking out" equipment... making sure what SortlyPro says is in the case is actually still there... there's no simple solution for that... but I've worked out my own way of doing it. I also wish the "History" option worked better for what I do... would be nice to be able to easily see where a piece of equipment has been... but the current format for History is basically a very complicated list.

The App was easy to use and helpful at first, but in the end it did not do everything needed.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 6.6.2018
Robert F.
IT Installation Tech

Kommentare: I was able to get a pretty solid list of inventory and was able to manage it manually for a few weeks.

Vorteile: I liked that I was able to take pictures and scan the product into any folder. I liked that i was able to create as many folders as I needed.
I really liked the style and functionality of the app. It just didnt accomplish everything that my bosses needed.

Nachteile: I was not able to search through my items by quantity, I would like to know what I am out of so that I can restock what I do not have. It would be nice to be able to communicate with the other users on the account. I pay for Users, and it would be nice to be able to message them about specific items arriving, through the same app. Maybe a notification system of some sort. I also wish that it were easier to move items back and forth from folder to folder. It is not as user friendly as it should be when it comes to searching for the folder to move the item into. Specifically on the mobile app because when searching for the destination folder you have to click on just the arrows on the right hand side of the parent folder. Maybe implement a quick touch and a hold down action. It would also be nice to be able to receive boxes and deliveries and be able to sort them into specific folders automatically, based on what is scanned. So predetermined folders.

Best inventory tracker I've found

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 28.3.2018
Sean W.
Co-Owner

Vorteile: Sortly is easy to use, helps us update our inventory quickly and accurately, and is well worth the small cost. Having not just a photo, but tags and descriptions for each item is invaluable to our business as many of the designs have similar titles/themes.

Nachteile: Under the free version we had a limit on the number of items that could be tracked, but once we upgraded to the Pro version we've had no issues or complaints with the software.

An excellent and simple app to manage inventory.

James K.
Operations Manager
Landwirtschaft, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I'm extremely happy with the software. Its created efficiency within my business and has saved me a lot of money on part runs for items that we already had in inventory. I would highly recommend this software.

Vorteile: What I like most about the app is how simple it is to use and categorize product. As a small business owner, I was having a tough time trying to find an inventory program that fit out business needs. Once I found Sortly Pro, it streamlined our business and created efficiencies company wide.

Nachteile: The only negative I have experienced is with the lack of instant notifications. I wish it notified the administrator or owner when specific items are pulled from inventory. A suggestion would be to include this as an option when entering inventory into the system.

Easy to use and set up. Good value overall.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Melanie D.
VP Operations

Vorteile: The app is easy to use and requires a minimal training period for users. It is aesthetically pleasing while being functional. Set up was quick, easy, and can be implemented same day.

Nachteile: It's missing some core functionality that would be helpful:
- Ability to choose which info is displayed first when pulling up a searched item. From our use, we need to see quantity and customer cost first, we don't need to see the QR code, it leads to unnecessary scrolling on the users part to access the info needed.
- Permission based views of fields per item. Such as the ability to hide fields, such as dealer cost from non-admin users.
-Permission based editing of fields.
- Ability to reprint QR labels that have been created
- Custom fields are great, but they are limited to text fields. A drop box feature would be great.
- Search field suing the web / computer doesn't work as well as the apps.
- Low inventory alerts are needed.
- a live support number would be highly helpful for any business.

Sortly Pro has been a great tool in transitioning from the old spreadsheet into the 21st century.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Dallas C.
Customer Support Specialist
Unterhaltungselektronik

Kommentare: The ability to track inventory on the go, efficiently.

Vorteile: The ability to create custom fields and specify the metadata for said field. Quick to add/move/remove/edit items with quick actions. The tagging system is an efficient way to group products. You can easily track quantities and move and adjust as needed on the fly with simply an app on your phone. You get the intricacy of a spreadsheet with the user interface of an app. If you can add/edit/remove items on a social media profile, then you are savvy enough to create a basic inventory system in this platform.

Nachteile: With any startup, you're going to have growing pains. They are still perfecting the system. The silver lining is in their response to customer feedback. I don't know if I would call this a con, but
there is definitely something of a learning curve. For instance, to create a detailed, intricate inventory system, properly, is going to take some trial and error. There are features and ways to manipulate the app that aren't necessarily apparent. For instance, understanding it's best to keep 'Folders' to a minimum and instead use the tagging system to identify and classify items. We have our own struggles with managing inventory, but once you get a baseline established, in a normal inventory environment, maintenance shouldn't be too labor intensive.

Great for small business inventory

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Business Manager
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have an enormous amount of holiday inventory that we needed to keep track of with pictures. We use Sortly to help us keep track of what we use each season, which assists us greatly in purchasing of new product for the following season. It also helped immensely to track what items we had sold out of, so we were never in an oversold situation with our customers.

Vorteile: Having both the desktop and mobile versions was great. Easy to use, very intuitive and self-explanatory. Allows you to make it as complex or as simple as you need it to be.

Nachteile: Some small glitches, but those were easily fixed with updates.

Great product for what we need

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 19.1.2019
IT Manager
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great experience. Easy to setup, print labels, tag, and track. We know who has what, when. I have recommended this to others as well.

Vorteile: Being able to asset track our equipment. We know who has what or what they have checked out quickly and easily.

Nachteile: I do wish they had the ability to attach multiple assets to a single user without have to set it on each item.

very easy and intuitive at the same time.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Gregory C.
logistics Manager

Vorteile: this software is easy and quick when dealing with inventory. I like how everything is set up and ease of finding my folders and subfolders. I also like how you can use the excel import to also add the items.

Nachteile: wat I lease like is if I use a desk top/laptop, adjusting inventory is a little bit different than if I were to use my smart phone. using a laptop I can not adjust the qty of items I want to move it moves all of them; compared to the smart phone it gives me the opportunity to enter my amount that I want to move. also I wish there was a way to adjust the inventory with the excel import. it makes it a lot easier when dealing with large amounts inventory. I wish the excel import would allow to merge the items together instead of making a whole new item. it would be nice if the excel import could also minus the inventory.

it works well, syncing can be an issue at times but overall good product

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 6.6.2018
Brandon B.
Vice President

Vorteile: easy to use. simple scan codes for inventory tracking. Can use it across all my devices, iphone, iPad, and Mac to always be up to date.

Nachteile: syncing can sometimes be an issue. obviously with an inventory tracker a difference of even one can make a difference. it has got better, especially after going to the pro version.

Perfect For Our Team

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 21.1.2019
Bridget W.
Sportartikel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We continue to use Sortly Pro as our go to source for our inventory management. It has been a great tool for our business.

Vorteile: Sortly is VERY easy to use. Adjusting inventory is a breeze and immediately updates. Our team is spread across the US and can all access our current inventory at all times on the Sortly app.

Nachteile: At first, the app was not available on Android applications which affected our teams ease of use. Now it seems like Sortly has ironed out the flaws and is running seamlessly.

Great for on-the-Go inventory management

Anesthesiologist
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Kommentare: On the whole, my experience with Sortly Pri has been very good.

Vorteile: As a direct seller with a fair amount of inventory, I love being able to show my customers my product and know if I have any in stock.

Nachteile: This would be a nearly perfect inventory solution for me if Sortly Pro tied into Square or I could invoice from Sortly Pro

Easy to use for basic inventory needs

Kevin M.
Sales
Chemikalien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall Sortly has solved some of our problems with inventory management but to implement it on a wider scale it would be impossible to use as is.

Vorteile: Ease of use, simple to add and delete inventory.

Nachteile: Not being able to sort part numbers within the app. I wish there was a text only option to scan through inventory items easily without having screen real estate taken up by product pictures. The general layout of information, part number, lot number, etc should be editable. Especially the order in which it appears on the app. Labeling needs some help. Being able to set a specific QR code per item and reprint that specific one would be a really nice feature for inventory management. Being able to use a standard label printer to make labels vs using a sheet and standard printer. Or make your own thermal printer to use Sortly branded labels with the app!

An active user's true review

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 30.1.2019
Miguel S.
Drone Technician
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were a start up company 3yrs ago and grew quite a bit since then. We had a mess of items that needed organization. In a matter of a few days, I had a 3yr mess sorted and organized. I've received high praising from managers and bosses alike for changing the companies dynamic so drastically. Sortly helped me help myself to a standardize organization I could only imagine were possible.

Vorteile: The ability to export chosen folders/files. This was huge!

Nachteile: It would be nice if sortly had a "location" section for a even more descriptive stock experience.

Totally loving this for our company.

Presenter
Konsumgüter, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to keep track of all of our inventory & what items are sent out to what locations as well as keep track of what is coming and going within each exact room. We are so happy that we can import from spreadsheet the information on other locations so that we can keep track on them as stock arrives without granting access to those workers to our inventory software.

Vorteile: Customize-able in almost every aspect. Totally tailored to us.

Nachteile: Originally it was not available on Android, but now that it is, we have it on the cell phone too. :)

Best solution for inventory tracking using a photo and tagging using custom fields.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 16.6.2018
Andrea W.
Owner and Founder

Vorteile: Ability to print and share inventory list. Ability to create custom fields. Ability to associate photos. Makes tracking unique items easier.

Nachteile: Printing doesn't include custom fields negating the value of this feature. File hierarchy isn't easy to manipulate when inventory items need to be moved around. Could be made easier and less clunky. Need ability to delete, hide, or reorder fields. Great tool for managing furniture for a move, art inventory, or anything that needs to be reviewed by a third party and tagged. Would like if App vs desktop version more similar. Would like ability to sort by a tag. Not sure the scan and QR code is relevant to my needs as a professional organizer. Seems more useful for someone with actual inventory (mulitples of the same item) vs a home owner with lots of unique items.

I'm a fan of Sortly Pro

Garrett B.
Manager, Fulfillment Services
Lagerung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software is easy to use. The updates have gotten the product significantly closer to the abilities of an enterprise level inventory system.

Nachteile: Reporting is pretty none existent. I'd love to see some canned reports, now that activity is tracked, on usage. Meaning if you could just have the increments and decrements as opposed to everything else.

Great system that has really helped our business

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 21.1.2019
Director of Operations and Events
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have a wide inventory with multiple uses. Sortly has helped us consolidate information in one convenient location and given us the opportunity to see all aspects of our inventory under one 'roof.' The check-in/check-out process is quick and easy for anyone on our team and even though we don't use some of the tools that it offers, as our business grows it is nice to know that we have a system that can accommodate our diverse needs.

Vorteile: The software is user friendly, offers a lot of practical functions, and offers the exact needs for our business. Using it has kept us more organized, more efficient, and has saved us time and money.

Nachteile: The one feature that I would like to see added is the ability to move items in bulk based on a custom number, not the entire inventory.

Great Software at a Great Price

Doug W.
Administration Director
Buchhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were trying to find an efficient and effective way to keep track of our office supplies without having to manually check stock levels every day. Sortly Pro solved that problem and at a great price point!

Vorteile: Ease of use. It was simple to setup and even easier to use on a day-to-day basis. Performs inventory management perfectly. The reminder features are especially useful.

Nachteile: The fact that you cannot use the barcode scanner for products outside of the category you are in. For example if you setup a category for office supplies and then try to scan something for kitchen supplies even though you are still in the office supplies screen, it will not let you. You should be able to scan any product from any screen.

Excellent resource for small business!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Natasha M.
Assistant Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a small non-profit business, our inventory changes rapidly and comes from a large variety of vendors. Having the ability to add a vendor name helps us to find items and know where we can reorder more from.

Vorteile: I love having the ability to scan a bar code and get the information about a product, then add that info into our data at the click of a button. Also having the ability to scan a code or search a word to find items in the data base, which prevents dual entry.

Nachteile: Just wish there were more items that had all the data already in the system. I assume this will increase with time. Our inventory changes rapidly so having to add all the data for a vast majority of items is quite time consuming.

SAIL Loan Closet

Kiley A.
Youth Program Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Customer Service has been immensely helpful to us in understanding how the app can be used to best suit the needs of our specific Loan Closet project. We had been doing things in a roundabout way and the Customer Service team was quick and kind to point out a better way to use the app.

Vorteile: Super fast and easy to inventory new items due to how intuitive the set up is. It has been very easy to teach other people in our office how to use the system! We can also see the exportable CSV files being a favorite feature for monthly/yearly reports in the months to come.

Nachteile: Twice we lost several entries/data due to updates or system errors. We were unable to recover that data which was frustrating.

Sortly Pro's Review

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Anna D.
Show Home Design Coordinator
Design, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are tracking inventory of furniture and accessories for a staging and design business. It works very well for what we need it for.

Vorteile: It is very straightforward and easy to use.

Nachteile: There is not as many features as some of the other inventory applications but it works for what I need it for.

Nice tool to keep track of inventory

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 2.2.2019
Joey T.
Upstream Process Development Engineer II
Biotechnologie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, it is a good tool to maintain inventory. However, we have had encountered some minor bugs.

Vorteile: Sortly would send notification if inventory is below a pre-set amount.

Nachteile: Sortly requires users to click on descriptions. Users often click the icons instead of the descriptions.