Great Product But Customer Service Needs Major Revamp

Bewertet am 18.8.2019
Gewerbeimmobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience is that it is great website builder for a basic site. Excellent in fact. You can get a site up in a couple of hours. However, add-ons are very clunky and the technical support is not an option as their agents are not trained or extraordinarily poorly trained.

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is it's ease of use for high-quality sites. You can set up a one-page site in a couple of hours.

Nachteile: Once you get past the basics and need something more sophisticated, the add-ons are clunky and they offer little to no guidance with many of the support docs not matching what is on the screen. Further, when I've called tech support they've literally had no idea how to help. On one call, the tech didn't know what a hero was, which was shocking and then when I explained, he didn't know how to remove a video. When I asked about it he insisted that there wasn't a video on the site but then I had to explain to him he had to view the published site and not the site in editor. On another call, the tech couldn't connect me with a screenshare after about 17 minutes on the call. I have not once called and received an answer to my support question. Extremely disappointing for the high quality product they have. I still use it but don't bother with tech support. For someone that needs something beyond a basic site, it is a consideration.

Buggy and Lagging

Bewertet am 10.8.2019
Rebekah K.
Body Piercing Technician/Owner
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, Wix got the job done, but it has been really buggy for me from the beginning. The Editor wouldnt load unless I put it in an incognito page or turned off all my add blockers. Which is fine, but annoying. Trying to get anyone's help took a lot of effort including screen shot after screen shot of the "problems" and typing in every.single.step. you took to get to where you were. This isn't very helpful when I can not screen shot the fact that adding elements to the page would then mess up everything I had done from the beginning and throw my set up all out of order and just explaining it all was difficult. Help would be better if they could Live Watch your screen with you and assist you a little more. I understand some of the features do require paying more, but I already paid to set up a site, it shouldn't have this many bugs while I am trying to make a simple page and move material from the screen either up or down or what have you.

Vorteile: I love the ability to pic pre-made set ups instead of starting everything from scratch. This made it really easy to follow the formats and navigate setting up a website quickly. However, I am not sure if this option is what is making it so difficult to edit, but there is a lot that kept messing up or became more difficult to figure out.

Nachteile: I ended up not even using the Mobile View option for my site. Nothing I had would transfer over properly, even worse, every time I would hide an attribute so I could move borders and add more space, the attributes would be thrown into the page randomly and mess up everything I did to move the pieces around in a specific order. There was no room to really view the page closer, the screens set up for "mobile view" editing was really small. I feel like the empty spaces on the side of the page should be a place for you to move your materials around so that you could clearly see what you were working with the whole time. And that the "hidden attributes" were not just thrown back into the page randomly, that you could actually hold and place the information in manually and it not mess up everything you had previously done.

The Best Website Creator for emergency Use and for small businesses without any knowledge of coding

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Content Manager and Sales Analyzer at Barato
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am currently studying in India for Post graduate degree in Management and Research, and also also working part time in my Brother's online Grocery Store and Wix worked for me initially we first tried to get a good website without spending much and Wix actually worked amazingly. Even now, whenever I am in need of a website urgently I use Wix to get things done but again, I do never recommend any student or web developer to go through Wix

Vorteile: Wix is the best and easiest way to build a website for those who wants a good website in no time. Wix has a nice user interface and is accessible with normal computers and mobile devices. There's no need of coding, just to get an idea, think over it and use the drag and drop feature and we are good to go. The pricing of Wix is also good, there's no need to be concern about the cost of getting a good website because everything is done and even if we try the free features it will harm nothing. Wix is good for those who wants a good website in a hurry or without writing any code or to get a website for quick purposes like for small businesses. Wix is also good for those who don't actually want to learn Web development because everything is done without any coding. Those who can't afford a good web developer for their small business or start-ups can use Wix.

Nachteile: Though, getting everything done without any coding is a good deal but only for those who don't want to learn web development and just need a website for their small businesses or startups because one can learn nothing other than dragging and dropping things which is quite a cheap thing for a Web developer or a student, So I do never recommend a student or a Web developer to go with Wix. Also, Wix has a lots of problems like there's a problem of customizing the pages exactly according to our choice because everything is done by itself automatically and hence most of the required features are not there and we can't build them according to our imaginations.

Great for artists and start-ups

Bewertet am 3.8.2019
Erik P.
Owner / Producer
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I keep coming back to Wix over Squarespace is because the pros outweigh the cons. It’s a lot of work to get things looking and functioning exactly as you want it to, but once it does then I can genuinely say it pays off in the end.

Vorteile: After years of coding my own sites, I took the plunge into Wix. At first it was to create a quick site for a musical we were producing and we got a deal for starting up. I must admit I was expecting a lot of limitations in design and not enough features to make it worth a full web campaign. I was surprised to find out how well Wix worked on many levels. Design: I have always felt boxed in with templates like Wordpress, but Wix allowed a lot of freedom in creating the look and feel I wanted. SEO: Wix had quickly established itself as a solid and reliable web creation platform that our search rankings were immediately higher than I’ve ever had.

Nachteile: My biggest dislike is with the mobile layout function and layout. I do like control of what you can see on mobile verses desktop, but I wish there could be more options. Also, because it’s not a dynamic template, you need to create two different layouts (desktop and mobile) which doubles the work time. Some may prefer this, but where it hits me is when you make a change in the desktop, any edits you thought you locked in on the mobile side are lost and you have to spend time making fixes. I wish there was a dynamic option that allowed for just one layout, but I guess that’s why there’s Squarespace.

Reliable Website Builder

Bewertet am 4.8.2019
Jordan D.
Marketing Analytics Specialist

Kommentare: We predominantly used Wix to spin up web templates for clients. It was always easy to train fellow co-workers on.

Vorteile: There's a lot of decisions that we have to make in life. If you work in marketing, it's how to spin up a quick landing page with little to no front-end designing skills. Enter Wix, the reliable web template builder. Sure, if you want to curse yourself out for hours straight you can buy a Wordpress template and configure it. If you have a couple of extra bucks in your pocket you can use Square Space and use one of their cookie-cutter templates. I like Wix because it gets the job done without breaking the bank, while giving serval options on spinning up a new website layout.

Nachteile: I've noticed the support isn't as robust as Square Space, but there's typically very little that I need support on.

Wix is my go-to website creator!!

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Elizabeth M.
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My overall experience with Wix is AMAZING! I would not change a thing and would not choose to create a website for my clients with any other site.

Vorteile: Wix is extremely user friendly. Making websites has never been easier... and quick! As a side gig, I create websites for clients; Wix is hands down my go-to platform. You are able to easily choose a template based on what the website is meant for and go from there. You are given something to start with which saves an insane amount of time. Changing the colors, font, layout, photos, etc. is very simple and most importantly user friendly. No matter what type of website I am creating, I will choose to use Wix.

Nachteile: I like everything about Wix, but sometimes when arranging the layout/look of the website for mobile view I have a few problems - nothing major. Once in a while when I make the mobile view look perfect, I will save it and preview it on my actual phone with the temporary wix link. For some weird reason, the layout does not always look the same as it did when I was editing it on the laptop/desktop. I have to go back and forth from the computer to my phone, making sure everything looks correct, is straight, centered and visible. Not a huge problem but it would be great if that was improved!

My great experience with Wix

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Jared S.
Co owner

Kommentare: Overall, Wix is my preferred platform for making my websites and blogs. The value that they provide is astounding! If Wix keeps heading in the same direction, the only thing that can be expected is growth. There is so many more pro's than con's to be listed.

Vorteile: Wix is a solid web development platform, and to capture the whole point of this review, an overall amazing platform for any purpose! Wix provides fantastic payment plans that are affordable, provide a ton of value, and encourage growth of a personal website, wedding website, or a corporate site, you name it -- this is the platform to use. There are designated plans that are recommended for large businesses and allow for unlimited bandwidth, large amounts of content uploading, and ad credit of up to $300. There is no cap that is placed on your creativity in using this site. Wix will even supply free templates to get you started.

Nachteile: The only thing that I had difficulty with is navigating some areas of the page. Since there is so much that is offered through this platform, they do their best to simply the whole process and even walk you through it, some parts can be overwhelming and may take time to learn, but with a bit of practice you can learn the page navigation like the back of your own hand!

Former Web Designer prefers Wix

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Jacob B.
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Generally it fits my business needs, and I have been very impressed, it pretty much delivers on what it says it can do, which can sometimes be hard to come by in the web application offereings.

Vorteile: Wix enables almost any user that has experience editing a word document to put up a highly professional website.
Allowing a user to test out the features offered for free to see if it is a good match for them, and offering paid services if the user finds that it is a good match for them.

Nachteile: The pricing of the apps that can be added is not clear. Additionally if one decides to add one of these paid apps its not real clear what you're getting.
The "AI" web designer does not work that well for those who are looking for customization, it still has a long way to go and was fun to try out but I would say that its a waste of time for now.
The option to hire a wix expert seems to still be in its infancy, its not real clear what the costs would be for having an expert work on your website.
Look at the what the paid users and see what they are using the WIX for, then make a lot of templates for those users, and not what they think is trendy

‘site builder for tomorrow’

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: with the offered features by many hosting companies, mostly which are standard features, any novice can build a good looking website. But not an exceptional one like what is being offered by wix. Wix is in to business, therefore they integrate whatever the improvements in digital communication in order to be ‘special’. You need to experience the difference. After the initial launching with the free version, one need to migrate in to a version which will offer you all the additional features in ecom. With a paid version you can have your own domain that will help you to build your unique custom brand, and run an ad free site. With the paid version you become independent of strings associated with wix campaigns but still enjoy the unique features available in wix platform.
With the returns gained by having an exceptional site, you wouldn’t feel the service is expensive.

Vorteile: with ‘wix’, websites are not a luxury anymore. Wix has emerged as one of the leading facilitators of digital visual communication platforms by offering ‘start free and pay later’ concept of doing business. Wix is definitely doing a business. But it helps those innovatives who cannot afford the luxury of hosting initially, but can present brilliant productive ideas to the world with digital communication for a kickstart. Wix, certainly is doing a business of milking without hurting the cow. Those who cannot afford hosting initially or even venture on a project on trial basis can grab this concept and then upgrade to paid packages for greater productivity. Wix is not just another hosting business. Its an ecommerce platform. Wix has passed the traditional concepts by integrating future technology in to its platform thereby placing its position ahead of many others. Wix helps others to earn in the ecom world with the latest technology, trends integrated in to their system.
With their ADI (artificial design intelligence), you almost have a ready-built website without any coding knowledge and the Wix editor gives you a free hand to integrate your own innovative ideas and present exceptional websites to communicate your message stunningly to the audience. You can use the Drag & Drop, Online Booking Tools, Online Store Builder, SEO Management, Survey Builder, to name a few and many other productive features to make your site unique and stand above the rest.

Nachteile: well I wouldn’t say this a real con, but the cost comparison wise, there are many hosting service providers who too offer many ‘easy to build a site’ tools at a lower cost but one need to sacrifice on certain features those are being offered by wix at a higher cost.

Intuitive Website Maker

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Event Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My experience has been stellar when compared with other websites I have tried in the past. If you are looking for website hosting with quick (2-3 hours) easy to create websites that still feel custom designed, then Wix is definitely edging out the competition.

Vorteile: The software feels more intuitive and customizable than other website competitors. You can easily have your site up and running within 2-3 hours. The domain sourcing and hosting being included is another advantage over other competitors I was researching, which would of cost me 25-50% more. I have never experienced any down time from the servers being offline either.

Nachteile: The website templates could be expanded to include more options for photographers with better gallery display options. In addition I found that the mobile view option when designing the templates was not always compatible or at least the designs did not always fully translate to mobile the way I was envisioning. Please include a better or more updated mobile website design as most my clients are going to be viewing my website on their phone, not on their laptop.

Wix is were it's at

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Educator, Artist and Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've worked with Wordpress, Blogger, and Wix. You can't go wrong with Wix. It is a seamless and flexible product that allows users to quickly build a website. You can create a free site but it will have the Wix name in your URL link, but if you are just blogging or wanting to test out this online software then check it out. If you have some background in coding you can build stuff from the ground up, but this software is very organic and offers a lot of customization in its default state. The grab and drop feature is very intuitive and this service offers a lot especially for those who need to create a site or blog quickly or for those who do not have a very strong background in coding.

Vorteile: The Pros for Wix are many and outnumber the cons, but some of the cons could be detrimental.
One of the best features of this platform is that Wix has a drag and drop feature so you can move icons, widgets, images and so on pretty easily. There are other platforms with a similar feature, but I felt like Wix was a bit more intuitive for me and offered more from other platforms I've worked with. Lots of tools both free and paid for to add to your website. Wix provides a free version, but it's a bit more limited, which many might imagine. There are often promotional and discounted add-ons. Tools and the dashboard are very clean and easy to navigate. It's very easy to transfer a domain name over. Relatively affordable, but of course the platform is more expensive as you upgrade the site.

Nachteile: There are not as many cons for Wix, but the few that exist could make or break this for a lot of people. One area is the price. The free version and entry-level subscriptions are pretty reasonable, but also very limited. Wix offers a lot to customize your site, but if you want a free blog with the ability to customize many of its looks or navigation, Wordpress might be a better choice. Upgrading Wordpress from a blog to a standalone '.com' or '.org' it's much more affordable. So there are cheaper options. That downgrading is a bit of a pain. I took on a promotional upgrade a few years ago and then decided I didn't need the extra features so I tried to downgrade my plan and it was not very simple. While it wasn't a stressful aspect like dealing with At&t or something, I had to contact the customer service.

Super easy to use but needs a few very important updates

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Matt A.
Director/Producer
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I love the experience of creating through Wix. I'll use them for the year I prepaid for but as it draws to a close, I'll be reconsidering if the blog remains so unchangeable and if the site doesn't improve in terms of speed and SEO.

Vorteile: Coming from the world of Wordpress, Dreamweaver and PHP/HTML, Wix is what website building should be: drag and drop with intuitive design.
If you want a pop-up window, it's incredibly easy to create.
If you want a parallax background, embedded video or whatever else may seem fun and valuable, Wix makes it very easy to do.
No, it is not as easy as the commercials make it out, but hopefully you already knew that. It is, however, very close.
If what you need is a gradual (non-steep) learning curve and the ability to create a great-looking website, go to Wix now and read no further.
But if you also want control over your blog and need your site to be fully optimized, especially for SEO, than read on.

Nachteile: For blogging, Wix is terrible. How hard is it to allow a sidebar? Wix has no option for adding a sidebar in its blog posts. This is the place where you can direct your readers to check out more of your content or maybe click on an Adsense ad, but with Wix, it's a purely minimalist experience.
Additionally, the blog posts only allow two sizes of images. For a site that lured me in with so much versatility and control, I assumed that the blogs would be the same, but no. Wix is sort of anti-blogging.
If you want to blog, you need to stay with Wordpress, the king of blogging.
Lastly, Wix has issues with upload speed. The whole reason I switched from Wordpress to Wix was that my video backgrounds were causing too slow of a site. I checked Wix sites and it seemed to be far quicker. I created a test site with all the video backgrounds and it uploaded very quickly. But once I fully launched the site, it's now almost slow as my old Wordpress site. Still faster, but not by much.
This has an effect on SEO ranking which is crucial for my business.
There's also apparant issues with SEO regarding how Wix uses flash-based sites, but I think Wix has been making strides to ensure that it's pages are easy to read by the spider-bots Google and other search engines use.

Wix websites for beginners to experts!

Bewertet am 29.10.2018
Scott U.
Senior Quality Analyst
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great experience with Wix, I would use this, and have suggested it to many of my friends. The ease of use, for an intermediate website person like myself made it a no brainer. I was really happy with the support as well as the tutorial videos and step by steps that Wix provides in order to make your job easier are great. I update my website every week, and Wix is so easy to do it on. I use google docs and excel sheets that are linked to my site, and display without issues. Wix makes making Websites easy!

Vorteile: I created my first "real" website using Wix. I inherited a site that has been previously been posted on a different out of the box site. I looked at the other provider, and just felt the options were really limited as to what I could do, and what I wanted to do with the site. I wanted to take what we previously had, and take it up a notch. I wanted to add menu items, forms, video, pictures, and more. I started from scratch with the Wix template, and went from there. I wanted a menu option at the top of the page, but I wanted to have options on how I wanted that menu to look. Wix had a ton of templates you can choose from for menu's as well as page feel and look. You can also upload your own background (which I did) to add a theme to your site. I run a men's hockey league, so I added a rink background to our site. I was very happy with the many options I was able to choose from in order to create the site. You can also add a page from this menu, hide a page, delete a page, or re-order how you want the pages to be displayed on your site. We run a spring league as well, and during our Winter league, I can hide those pages with ease, and just un-hide them when we are ready to start up our spring league. Migrating my site from the old host to Wix was seamless as well, and Wix has many tutorials to help with all of this. It made moving my site very easy, and the video help was great!

Nachteile: You are limited to only so many forms on your site, as well as fields. This was the free forms, that you get with the site. You can pay for more fields, if you need them. Also some add in's cost money, but the ones they provide for free did the job for me.

Easy to use website template for any use

Bewertet am 11.10.2018
Sharon B.
Coordinator of Registration
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Wix frequently has good sales and promotions on the paid portion of their product. Sign up for their emails to receive these notifications about their specials. Overall, I was super impressed with this free site.

Vorteile: My Husband and I used Wix for our wedding website. Instead of going with one of the traditional options like the Knot, we decided we wanted something different. Neither one of us had ever created a website before. However, with all the template and easy to use tools we were able to create a beautiful unique looking wedding website. Many of our family and friends commented on how wonderful it looked and were impressed with our website.
I love the fact that we could send out our invitation to our guests by emails and other updates along that way. The best feature about the e-blasts was that we could see how many people had opened the message. Since we were only sending out email invitation (which saved us a couple hundred dollars) it was great to be able to see if someone had not opened the message or received it. This helped us to identify people that we needed to call and let them know we had invited them to our wedding. It was helpful that our guests could RSVP and that information would be collected right by Wix in an easy to view format.
We used the free version of Wix and were able to do everything we needed to do for our wedding site. We used the three free e-blasts to send updates and invitations and even Christmas and Valentines day messages to all our friends and family. Now, 6 months after we have been married, we are still using the shout-outs (e-blasts) to let our friends and family know what we have been up to. Wix is a really user friendly website.

Nachteile: With the free version, you only get a small number of comments on your website. We did not realize this right away. The first week we send out our invitations, we got a bunch of comments on our website and then they stopped. We wondered why they stopped and then eventually a few months later we realized it was because all the free comments were used up. I wish we had been notified about this and could have chosen to pay for the comments just for the 6 months leading up to our wedding.

Wix is My Favorite for Websites!

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, this Wix website site is amazing for bloggers and especially owners of businesses. I can't help but daily brag about this site and how easy it was for me to make one. I enjoy working daily on my websites because it brings inspiration and helps me to navigate my vision.

Vorteile: Wix is the main platform I use. I have tried many other website making sites and this one is my favorite. Wix gets the job done. I was able to create a few years ago many websites for my company and for my ministry without all of the hassle. The way Wix set everything up I had hundreds of ways to use each tool they had given for my website. The tools to fix up my website aren't complicated or confusing. I hate looking around for hours trying to figure out how to use a website. It is so frustrating and this made my life so much easier. I also like how the Wix website can help you create a blog page. I love to blog, so this was helpful. As, I was working on creating my Wix website I had loads of themes to use and tools. Wix has many options for the free users and for the premium users I noticed. I love how Wix is for all types of careers. People who want to start a small business or musicians. Also, I have noticed they have websites or tools for people who want to sell items. Wix is also useful for graphic designers. I also like how I am able to add photos, images, and website links to my official pages on Wix. I can also add social media symbols to link my social media pages to my Wix.

Nachteile: I really have no dislikes, but I would give a suggestion. I really hope Wix continues to update like they have been doing. I would love to see loads of more themes. They already have so much, but I would love to see more. More wouldn't hurt lol =)

Easy to use, has many great features, and reasonably priced.

Bewertet am 6.9.2018
Ashley P.
Agent Marketing Lead
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I highly recommend this product. There are very few additions/changes that I would suggest. And again, the price is more than reasonable.

Vorteile: Clean and user friendly interface for building from scratch or editing templates.
Tons and tons of available options to choose from. (Colors, fonts, menus, etc.) Our websites don't look cookie cutter, they look custom built.
Connecting your own domain is super easy! It takes only a few minutes and is up and working immediately.
Access to all the features during building. Basically we can use all of the features (even if we have to upgrade to premium to use them live) so that I can be sure that we really do want to pay for those features.
On eCommerce site we can sell physical items and digital files.
Ability to make eCommerce site a members only site.
Forms are easy to use. (They could be improved a little. See Cons section.)
Can edit the mobile site and the desktop site independently of each other without edits on one being applied to the other.
Prices are very reasonable.
Overall, Wix has taken a massive amount of work off my shoulders and still produces high quality, custom looking websites.

Nachteile: Google ad vouchers are a little misleading. They only apply to new Google Ads users. So we purchased an upgrade mainly to get the ad voucher and then read the fine print that said we couldn't use it because we have an existing account.
Better options for reserving/booking. We rent out display items and really need a calendar that is accessible to users of our website so they can see when display items are available in their area and when they are checked out.
Better options for customizing auto emails to those that place orders. The majority of the email is not editable and doesn't really fit our needs.
More customization and ability to copy and paste forms. I built out a form and realized I had put it on the wrong page of the site. I was not able to move it from the current page to the correct page. I had to delete it and rebuild it on the correct page. I would also like to be able to store the forms so that I can use them on other sites rather than having to rebuild each time.

Wix Functionality & Features Review

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Christina H.
On-Air Host
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Wix really is a great platform. It is user friendly, it has great functionality, and also provides multiple services within each bundle they sell. However, I would like to see Wix update a little bit further into the current web design era we're in. Offer features that work in a social media run web world!

Vorteile: There are a few things that I really love about Wix. One being that it is very user friendly. Functionality with any program usually gets my biggest critique. It doesn't take long while using wix to know that it is a very functional web designing site with many widgets that help you along the way. The newest update to Wix sites has also brought some wonderful new features that have been much needed. Now, you website design can be easily made and with a polished look that most people pay big money for.

Nachteile: There isn't too much that I don't like about Wix but the things that I don't like I feel are of hug importance. The mobile editing tool. The mobile editing tool still lacks in functionality and versatility. There's still so much you're unable to customize within the mobile editing that it can end up making your website on your phone look less than professional. A lot of things that are easily customized on the desktop editing are not availing for customizing in the mobile editing leading to a lot of frustration.
The design on different computers. The designs on Wix never look the same on every computer. Some design pieces are missing, the design doesn't fit the screen right etc. I think if they could figure out how to make a design look right on every computer screen this would help keep that polished look for everyone.
Social Sharing. There are no sharing buttons on Wix for visitors to share on social sites. There are only link to the social media sites. Something like a calendar or a list should have the option to add a share button so that visitors can easily share what their reading, buying, or booking to their social sites so that others can join in.

To Wix or not to Wix? That is the question… Painless Web Development Platform

Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Creating your first website can sound quite tedious, especially if you don’t know the first thing about web design (SEO, headers, alt tags, etc.). With over 500 beautifully seamless templates to choose from you can guarantee there will be one of your liking that will help you reach a nice starting point. After spending many hours searching for the best entry level, website development platform, I made the decision to go with Wix (rather than some of its well-known equivalents, i.e. WordPress or SquareSpace). I created my first website for an academic, student led organization in college without any prior knowledge in web development. My experience with Wix greatly exceeded my expectations; I quickly crafted and completed my own website in as little as a week, for free. If you’re looking to build a website that is intuitive and low cost, Wix won’t disappoint; there are millions of “WIXers” around the world. Keep in mind there are situations where Wix may suite your needs better than others. The free plan would work great for anyone at an entry-level, freelancer, start-up/non-profit organization, and/or even bloggers looking to craft a simplistic website for little to no cost associated. As things progress, you can manage your subscription as needed; for complex websites or fairly large websites I would be more inclined to go with a paid plan of Wix or switching to an alternative like WordPress (which is close to equivalent in price comparison). This route would be more beneficial for large sized businesses, or fairly large, stable organizations; as it would provide more bandwidth, storage, and assistance in development. For beginning gurus you may find that the website management/development are out of your expertise, (coding, installing, backups, etc.) so there are times you may need to involve outside help. Pros:
- Easy drop and drag web development platform suitable or any entry level or beginners with little to no experience and no prior knowledge of coding required
- Options to create website utilizing either: Wix editor (for those who would like to create their own website) or Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (for those less tech savvy, you can complete a questionnaire on what you would like your website to look like and have Wix assemble it for you!)
- Provides over 400 pristine and stunning templates you can choose from and personalize to your needs
- Offers all the website necessities to help you keep your website authority up to par: GDPR compliance settings and forms, SEO, mobile web-builder, google page rankings, and analytics on web performance
- Compatible with various plugins and applications you can add-on to your website (you can almost always find any plugin your need or one very similar to the one you may be looking for)
- Features that allow you to add forms to web pages, create social media posts, live-chat with web visitors, embed videos, market events, create blog posts, etc.

Nachteile: - The free version of this platform places Wix advertisements on your website and does not provide the option to personalize your own domain (free version subdomains are set up like this: username.wixsite.com)
- Utilizing the free version, make sure to optimize all images and compress videos before uploading to your website to maximize the amount of storage available to you. You may also notice that the free version of Wix tends to take a while to load your website (heavily automating your website will most definitely slow things down)

Wix is a fantastic and clean website creator

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Shift Leader

Kommentare: I've used a number of website development software, and this is easily my favorite. I've looked into website creation as a side gig, and if that took off, Wix would likely be my go to for creating clean, modern, and effective websites.

Vorteile: Wix makes designing websites super easy for anybody of any skill level. If you're new to designing websites with software, you and use the AI to create a website for you, and then you just have to go in and edit specific information. If you want to have a little more control, you can disable the AI and go to a regular editor where you have a lot more control over minute details. Wix also has a vast selection of apps to integrate into your website, many of them free and others will usually have free versions or trials. Some of the apps are created by Wix, but most are third party, though they also have a review system so you can see what other users think of the apps. Also, when I say there's a large variety, I mean there are a number of apps for pretty much anything you can think of. Need to schedule appointments? Got it. Want to keep track of analytics? Probably dozens of apps to choose from. Need to create a menu? Easy. Social media integration, newsletters, just about anything. They also have a number of different plans, depending on your needs. They range from very inexpensive to very affordable for a small business, depending on if you're ok with Wix displaying their logo on the site, how much bandwidth you need, if you want to have an online store (surprisingly affordable with Wix, by the way), if you want Google Ad Credits, etc.

Nachteile: Being so customizable, some things that feel like they should be intuitive, aren't. Disabling the AI that created the website (if you chose that path) is a little difficult, but it's necessary if you want control over customization. Setting up a store is a little tedious, as you have to enter a lot of information for each individual item; I'd love to see them find a way to ease this process. I'd also love to see the shipping options expanded a little, like options for delivering products if the client/customer is in the same town or within X miles of your location.

Expert's point of view to Wix Website Builder

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Howard S.
Internet, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Being an expert in the web building niche, I have reviewed and tested dozens of website builders. This allows me to offers you the unbiased Wix review, providing the most substantial pros and cons of the system that can affect the website creation process as well as the result. My experience allows me to state that Wix is definitely the service, which is worth the attention of all users, with no exception at all. It is equally understandable to newbies and web design pros, which is explained by the intuitive nature, simplicity and variety of features the system unveils to ensure the unsurpassed web building experience. Wix has grown in popularity during the recent years - just have a look around to see how many websites have been created with it lately! The platform has won worldwide recognition, having replaced dozens of web design tools, which were popular before. Its customer base has exceeded 120 millions of users from around 200 countries of the world and it still keeps growing, which is another proof of the system’s usability, professionalism and quality. It is absolutely great for average users willing to launch decent websites for commercial or non-commercial use! Ease of Use Wix is a universal WYSIWYG website builder, which allows creating different types of websites in a quick and hassle-free way. Wix is based on the SaaS platform, which allows users to create and manage their websites from any mobile device. A convenient drag-and-drop website editor makes it possible to add the blocks and adjust their positions to give a website the required design. No web design or coding skills are needed to do that - so intuitive, simple and user-friendly the system is. Wix Editor and Wix ADI Wix allows creating websites in two different ways depending upon the skills and knowledge of a user. Wix Editor is a standard option that offers an opportunity to select and customize a template that comes up to your needs most of all. Wix ADI is an advanced tool, which ensures smooth and intuitive web building process. What you have to do is to provide the info about your company and the system will automatically generate a website for you. Mobile-Optimized Template Gallery Wix has an extensive gallery of niche-specific mobile-optimized templates. The system also offers a set of advanced design customization tools that make it possible to give your website the preferred look and functionality. It is also possible to access Wix App Market here to choose between dozens of free and paid applications that can be integrated into your website to ensure stunning website performance. Blogging and eCommerce Features Apart from creating standard websites, Wix can be used as a blogging and eCommerce platform. This unveils lots of new opportunities to users, who intend to establish their own web-based businesses. Affordable Pricing Policy Wix pricing policy is worth the attention as well. It has a free unlimited plan, the functionality of which is enough to test all the features of the system and five paid plans with diverse functionality that may cover all the web building needs.

Nachteile: No Template Change Option Wix doesn't allow changing the template on the go. Once you have chosen a theme to start your website with, you'll have to keep working with it. Otherwise, all the submitted content will be lost. This is a drawback for most inexperienced users, but it’s possible to avoid the problem by making the right choice. Doubtful Connect Domain Plan The Connect Domain Plan allows connecting a domain name to your website, but it does not remove the system ad from it. Thus, there is no need to invest into this plan. Instead, it makes sense to upgrade to one of the higher plans that come with no ads included. These are only a few wix disadvantages, which, however, are not that crucial and can’t overwhelm the benefits of the system. As of today, Wix is, undoubtedly, the leader in the web design niche, which doesn’t have any similar rivals to compete with.

Perfect for DIY websites

Bewertet am 16.8.2017
Lacey N.
Marketing Director

Kommentare: Easy DIY websites
Assistance with SEO
Info on ways to improve the site with their weekly newsletter
Advanced functions

Vorteile: Wix makes website building easy. I've built several websites on this platform and always get great results. There are hundreds of templates to choose from and they are easy to customize. I also love that Wix keeps up with trends and sends helpful hints via email when new options become available. They seem to be ahead of the curve. They've recently introduced a different way to build a website. Instead of picking the template and customizing, the software asks questions about the web page and company, establishes your preferences in color and style - then builds the website for you. It's revolutionary and I love the results. My clients have all loved this new option and it saves me a ton of time. This option is easy to customize too and the layouts the software picks are very modern. I also love all the add ons you can put on the website. I use the social feeds, blogging, event registration forms, and photo gallery add ons frequently.

Nachteile: My only real criticism of Wix is that many of the add-ons offer basic functions, however in order to get true functionality you have to pay for the add-on. I've encountered this a lot in the event registrations, forms, booking, and social feeds. I often find myself rethinking putting add ons on the website because the free version almost never has all the functions I need. I understand Wix is a business however and needs to find additional sources of revenue.

When to WIX, when not to WIX

Bewertet am 15.4.2017
Judith E.
CEO/Bus Dev
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Several years ago, I looked at several entry level website providers. I am not saying they are entry level providers, I mean that they offer entry level website feature sets. Because I had no experience building websites, I chose WIX over Wordpress. I thought Wordpress was a lot of work to learn. My site needs some functionality but it is not complex site. I also did not need an ecommerce site because I am not involved in ecommerce. So I chose WIX. I love WIX. I love the beauty of its templates, I love the flexibility of its design. I am not using the AI feature so I don't know anything about it. The WIX tutorials are some of the best I have ever used. The knowledge base answers nearly every question. I would recommend it to others and I would use it again. But for a different kind of website. Th big problem with WIX is they do not give you access to their source code. Also, if you want to add apps to your site, you must select from their app market. I will say there is a good selection that seems to be growing but what happens is that you end up cobbling together the available apps in order to offer additional services i.e. surveys, instruction manuals, ebooks, free trials and so forth. And WIX offers no live support. You must rely on the support of the app providers, many of whom are very good, I will say. But you can't change WIX. After many intensive months of learning WIX and its app market, I realized I could have learned Wordpress and had much easier time integrating apps from a much wider selection, as in - almost anything. So buying WIX depends on your needs. My website offers a lot of educational experiences and materials, so Wordpress would probably have been better, but WIX is enough. First figure out what functionality you need for your website, then look over the WIX app market to see what is available, then decide. Also WIX's blog is still fairly new and is a bit quirky. But if I were selling arts, food, jewelry, clothing, beautiful things, then I would say WIX all the way.

Vorteile: Beautiful, easy to use templates

Nachteile: Limited to using only the apps in their app market.

Yes! You Can Build A Website

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Robin G.
Director of Community Relations and Outreach
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Wix is the most awesome website builder ever! It provides everything from a landing page to a full functioning website with with e-commerce, fillable forms and all of the artwork you can imagine! It even provides the opportunity and tools necessary to connect your website to all social media. I handle multiple accounts and each account is just as easy as the very first one was, it is a site that allows you to grow as a business, an artist and an individual. If you feel that you cannot handle it there are experts waiting to help. The best part about the experts are that they listen and designed exactly what you ask for,

Nachteile: The editing tools can be frustrating to work with as many options are preset.

Extremely User-Friendly with a Manageable Interface

Bewertet am 3.10.2017
Kayla S.
Office Manager/Graphic Design

Vorteile: I like how quick you can put together a basic website for cheap (or even free). It's easy to navigate and everything is very straightforward, with handy tutorials in the off chance that some functionality is confusing. There's an Artificial Intelligence section that makes it even easier for people who aren't proficient in technology whatsoever. All you do is answer a few basic questions about what you want, and it puts an entire site together for you, including verbiage. It's incredible! I know my way around computers and code, but for the times my family members need a really short and sweet website for their very small company or service, I go in and get them something started within minutes. The design of WIX is very clean and concise as well, making it a pleasant experience rather than a stressful and frustrating one. I once had to create an extremely complex and in-depth website, and although I struggled, wix still managed to come through and provide almost everything I required within the site. I was very impressed.

Nachteile: I don't like how constricted things are. If you're looking for a very specific site, or way of doing things (chances are there's a widget already designed and built for you) but you can't customize everything to a T (if you don't know how). You can go into the backend and fiddle with the CSS coding, but that means nothing to anyone who doesn't know what they're doing. I wouldn't recommend this to someone who wants a complex site with multiple layers and concepts, as it becomes difficult to maintain and design, and keep consistent. There's not much flexibility when it comes to the HTML (from a basic user standpoint) so if you have very specific ways you'd like your site to function, respond etc, this isn't for you and you should hire a professional to build one for you.

More templates than any other

Bewertet am 5.8.2019
David Y.
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Wix is helping our business change and grow from where the website currently is to the new direction it is headed.

Vorteile: Wix has proven to stay relevant while keeping it's legacy templates and design. While others have moved on to less desirable methods. Wix is easy to use for anyone. Customer service is always just a call click or email away.

Nachteile: Have not been able to find any compared to it's competition.