Get up and running with a professional looking website in not time at all and with little knowledge

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Josh S.
Media and Communications Minister
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I needed a website that would give the more advance user plenty of options and the more novice users the ability to still work on their portion of the site. Wix offers that. I could not be more pleased with wix

Vorteile: There are not enough words to be able to affectingly describe how much I love wix and their website building platform. Being someone who is a designing and uses many Adobe design software, I feel very at home with Wix website editor. Everything is laid right there in front of you and there are very few page limitations. You can drag and drop elements, put text or pictures where you want to, then edit there look with the built in tools. How you see it is what you get. You can even check what it will look like on a mobile phone and edit that separately from your desktop website. So if there is an element that works on a desktop browser but not a mobile phone, not worries, just hide it from the mobile version. There are a nice supply of free app or add on option that Wix supplies for free but there are also some great third party apps that you can add to your plan if you are needing something more. And if not of those options work, there is also the option for coding your own.

Nachteile: My only current complaint with Wix is the lack of ability of giving a team member access to only edit a certain part of the website. It would be nice to be able to give someone access only to their portion of the website to edit instead of the whole website site. There are too many people that I worry will mess up something larger by accident if they have access to the whole site so I end up having to do it all myself.

Good enough for business websites that don't require complex builds or functionality

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Briana M.
Marketing Operations Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For businesses that do not require eCommerce functionality (purchasing goods online), I would say this is a great tool to get a beautiful website up-and-running in little to no time with all of the basic functionality needed to provide a good customer experience. I cannot speak for the eCommerce side as I have not had a client with these requirements but am curious to know how functional their tools are.

Vorteile: There is no real "onboarding" required for a tool like Wix. You can get a website skeleton stood up within 10 minutes or so, and the process for upgrading to a Premium account is painless. Migrating domains over from other providers (like GoDaddy) was surprisingly simple and was processed much faster than their anticipated wait times. I have built Wix sites for 3 separate clients at this point and have had no major issues to date.

Nachteile: This tool is not for experienced web developers, or at the very least does not allow them to customize the site properly in terms of proper HTML tagging. The SEO tool is too surface-level to allow for true optimization of the site. For instance I have recently discovered the nav bars across all three of my sites are not properly being picked up and indexed by Google, which is really affecting our SEO. There is no pre-built option for this in Wix and, as I am not a true developer, it will be challenging for me to fix on my own. The other small issue I have is with the number of email addresses that can be included on form submission alerts. Even for a premium account you can only have two people notified when a contact submission comes through, which is aggravating for an org with multiple people that need to be aware.

An Awesome Website Builder

Bewertet am 29.12.2019
Emeka O.
Digital Marketing Trainer

Kommentare: I use wix to build my business website. Considering that it is free to use, I didn't have to spend any budget to get my business website done. I also didn't have to pay website developers as all I needed to get things done were available on the Wix platform.

Vorteile: Wix is a drag and drop website builder. There are many reasons for which I love Wix, among them include: 1. Free to Use: Wix is a free to use website builder. It is one of the most widely used Content Management Systems (CMS). Despite the fact that Wix is a free software, it can be used to build a stunning website. 2. Free domain name and free hosting: Wix provides users with a free domain name, and also a free hosting on which to build their desired websites. 3. Availability of templates: Wix have templates available, and I only had to choose a desired template to get started. 4. Easy learning curve: I'm tempted to say that Wix have no, or a straight (linear) learning curve as one can get started immediately after creating an account on Wix. This was amazing for me. 5. Availability of sections: Wix webpages can be built in sections. This make it easy to design and edit a page. 6. Responsiveness: Wix pages are mobile responsive. By this I never had to bother about how to make my website responsive for visitors who are using mobile devices to access it. Wix automatically creates a mobile responsive version, and the final outlook of a page on mobile can be previewed while still designing the page.

Nachteile: It's very hard to point out anything I don't like about Wix. All the while I've been using Wix, it'd been a pleasurable experience. The only problem I have with Wix is the cost of the premium version. I consider the premium version to be expensive for a beginner who is looking to operate on a lean budget.

Wix: Not as good as WordPress... arguably better than SquareSpace (that's right. I said it!)

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Andrea C.
Copywriter + web designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have designed two websites with Wix. I am extremely pleased with how one website looks and with the email campaigns that have been super easy to set up and send out. That client needed a beautiful site and email functionality. Wix was cost effective for this purpose and she is able to make minor changes even though she is not tech-savvy. My other client needed shopping cart functionality and already had his site made at Wix. I made the site look nicer and loaded all of his items into the cart... but Wix could not handle the size of the store. The site works and looks great, but he had to use Shopify for his purposes. Overall, I choose WordPress because, as a designer, I need 100% functionality and the ability to do anything my clients need. Out of the box, Wix can't do some of these custom things. But I have no problem recommending Wix as the CMS to use when you are not a designer and you can't afford SquareSpace (nor should you use Squarespace because, despite SqSp marketing, a developer is required for simple changes). I am not a fan of Squarespace. So! Use Wix if WordPress is too big of a beast. :)

Vorteile: Wix is easy to use. It is a WYSIWYG CMS that handles everything from design to email campaigns to shopping carts. It features a number of different styles of photo galleries and offers a large range of word processor-style copy options (compared to Squarespace). Dragging padding is easy, searching for high-quality photos and videos (provided by Wix) is easy. Font options are plenty. Wix allows you to upload your own photos, which are stored in an image gallery for easy selection throughout the design process (Squarespace does not have an image gallery which means you have to upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it which is extremely slow and frustrating). Changes can be made per item per section allowing 100% customization (Squarespace applies changes globally and code is required for per-item changes). Wix is closer to WordPress than SquareSpace when it comes to being able to do whatever you want to do to get things exactly as you want them without using code. Wix uses plugins for added functionality (Squarespace does not have plugins available). For a beginner, Wix is a great CMS.

Nachteile: Wix is not WordPress. It is designed for beginners to make all of the basic things anyone needs as easy as drop and drag. But WordPress + Divi theme is the best choice if you aren't afraid of a little learning curve. Wix's shopping cart functionality is not powerful. I made a store with a few dozen choices that had a handful of options each. This crashed the cart. If you have a handful of items to sell, Wix would be fine. Otherwise, use Shopify.

Great Website Builder For Beginners!

Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Ericka M.
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It’s was awesome! Wix.com made building my company website fun and a real learning experience. Learned something’s about coding.

Vorteile: User friendly. Great Web building options. Taught me so much and gave me many new options on my Website.

Nachteile: Some options are too much money to keep on the website.

Love this website builder!

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Christina A.
IT Tech

Kommentare: I'm creating a website for my clients landscaping and tree services business, and Wix is making it very easy for me to achieve what I want without having to learn coding. I like wix better than others I've tried, and I've tried almost every one I could find online.

Vorteile: Wix is great for building websites with no experience and no coding skills. They have about 60 pre made templates in tons of categories, they also have an AI website builder that you can edit and change later in the editor.
There is a nice selection of content boxes already laid out, so all you have to do is drag and drop them where you want. They have a good selection of icons and vector art, stock photos and cool videos.

Nachteile: I don't like how you have to pay to use a stock photo from shutterstock on Wix, they have the best photos. I'm not too fond kf the wix editor when adding a whole new page, because they don't let you add a pre laid page like other builders do. You have to add a blank page and add all your own sections and match sizes of elements which isn't for me since I don't have much experience in web building yet. The AI editor has pre made page templates, for instance I need a services page, I found about 7 in AI editor but I can't use them since I didn't start building my site with AI. I hope they change this in the near future.

Underestimated A Great Product

Bewertet am 19.10.2019
Chawn Y.
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: In comparison to my first experience and subsequent experiences with other website builders, WIX gets a "10".

Vorteile: Let me start be saying that I kind of underestimated WIX based on my initial use as a first-time website designer. I had not a clue about what I was doing and even what to expect in a website design platform. Fast forward a year later and 15+ websites later, I am a huge fan of WIX. I am currently using competitive platforms for my current websites but decided to build a resume website for a client. And oh my, I had no idea that WIX had so many add-on/plug-ins. And the flexibility of their FREE website builder is equivalent to that of their paid competitors. As a matter of fact, I wish I felt like rebuilding my 2 business websites, because I would definitely make the switch. But for now, all of my client websites will be built on WIX. I literally just discovered its awesomeness in the past couple of days. So, this is a raw reaction. What do I like most? #1 is all of the plug-ins/add-ons (ex: appointment setters, contact form, social media feed, blog, ecommerce, embed HTML, etc.). Plus, there are the many awesome design templates that are both desktop and mobile-friendly for easy deployment...

Nachteile: Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about it.

Wix is great for beginners and advanced users

Bewertet am 19.1.2020
Michael S.

Kommentare: Easiest to replicate, and launch new businesses and get clients onboarded. Also great for agencies who create websites on behalf of clients. The templates can all be adjusted, and easy to customzie quickly. Then give clients control.

Vorteile: Very easy to use for newbies, and for power users Wix can help you launch websites quickly. It is an excellent alternative to Wordpress which is too technical for most newbies. I would recommend this for someone who has a small budget to build their own website as long as they are comfortable on a computer this quite intuitve to launch and maintain a new website.

Nachteile: Pricing has increase recently making it less favorable. When Wix first came out you wouldn't see many upsells. Now the whole services has upsells built into it.

Great Basic Website Builder

Bewertet am 11.1.2020
Jared D.
Customer Success Manager

Kommentare: I wish I had known about Wix sooner because I would've used them to setup a simple website instead of another tool I found (Populr). Squarespace would be my preference over Wix because it has a little deeper of a feature set, more controls around templates rather than just a drag and drop so that their sites always look good on mobile, and their interface is a bit easier to navigate.

Vorteile: Wix's platform is great for building a simple website quickly completely for FREE! They have a very wide selection of templates to choose from and their drag-and-drop editor makes customizing your site extremely easy. They have a fair amount of integrations for email marketing, social media syncing, etc as well.

Nachteile: The platform can be a bit tricky to navigate on certain pages. Also with the drag and drop editor, it can make certain pages difficult to setup to look great on mobile. I do wish that Wix also offered more integrations for email marketing and ecommerce, but this may be something that becomes available with their paid plans.

Easy if you have basic knowledge of web design

Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Chris D.
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was able to design and publish a site relatively easy. The user interface was often clunky and slow. Previews were not always accurate when compared to the live version of the site.

Vorteile: No coding is necessary​ to create websites with this software. It was simple to upload images. It was also easy to upload other types of media.

Nachteile: The mobile version of the site I built didn't always display live as it displayed in preview mode. It was not always compatible with iOS; that has been fixed.

Wix Works for Fine Art

Bewertet am 3.1.2020
Lindy S.
artist
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I market and sell my original art and prints online to a nationwide audience, and Wix has made it simple and rewarding for me to keep my website updated myself. I have no idea how their support is. In over 2 years, I've never had to use it.

Vorteile: For easy and intuitive to use WYSIWYG software, Wix offers almost endless possibilities for customization. As a professional artist, design uniqueness is everything when it comes to my website. It's sort of fun and almost game-like to use. I've never had it crash, either. And the online commerce app is equally seamless to use, design-wise and financially.

Nachteile: I'd like more features on the blog platform. While it integrates perfectly with the website, it is limited in design features, and users can't comment directly.

The most user-friendly website builder

Bewertet am 7.12.2019
Chelsea J.
Actor
Darstellende Künste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use Wix for my actor website, and whenever I have to build a website for something else, I turn immediately to Wix. I've tried to use other website builders and have found Wix to be superior every single time. The image galleries can be a tad tedious at times, but for the overall effect of having candids and headshots displayed for easy browsing for directors and producers is worth it.

Vorteile: The number of customization options is incomparable. The level of control you have over where your content appears is amazing for a detail-oriented perfectionist such as myself; add in pop-up guidelines when your content is aligned to page/field/object and even the most persnickety builder is on cloud nine.

Nachteile: Sometimes the automatic formatting of text within a single field is counterproductive to my interests, and it takes extra time, focus, and a few table slaps to get the content juuust right. If I could make any suggestion tot he Wix website builder, outstanding as it is, it would be to add a toggle for "auto format within field" or not, so that if I want a header for my paragraph in a different text style or size, without adding a "header" in an auto-formatted style, I can just change them to my liking without arguing with the automatic formatting. That said, I'm sure this very feature is helpful to others who aren't so detail retentive. One that just jumped to mind was the image gallery builder. It seems simple enough at first but the more I try to customize and adjust it, the more tedious the selection and addition process is. Maybe streamline that a little more?

Professional Websites for the Average Person

Bewertet am 7.12.2019
Sarah P.
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As a solopreneur, creating a website for my online business was important. When I realized how expensive it would be to hire a web designer, I knew I needed to figure it out on my own. Wix allowed me to do that.
I was surprised at how easy the drag and drop templates made it, and how simple it was to customize the templates. Often times you will be told "Don't use a template that everyone uses. But Wix allows you to take that templates and fully customize it to your brand.
To make it even better, the pricing for Wix Pro is perfect. It is significantly more affordable than going through a platform like GoDaddy, and 10x easier to use.

Vorteile: My favorite thing about Wix are the drag and drop themes. Wix takes the website themes to the next level by allowing you to customize the template you have chosen.

Nachteile: My least favorite thing about this platform is sometimes the web design platform is a pain. By this I mean, while creating your websites, you will run into times where layers of your design will become jumbled, or the overlapping overlays will make it difficult to access an element or text block you are trying to move. For this reason, it is important to save your website as a draft frequently while designing.

As a frequent website designer, Wix is my all-time preferred platform!

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Sarah O.
Marketing Coordinator
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Wix for over 8 years and can say that I am frequently a happy customer! Compared to other website building platforms like Squarespace and Wordpress, I love the easy functionality that Wix provides. Plus, the price is always right what we're looking for. The help pages are easy to use if you need to teach yourself something, and the customer support team is always willing to help you find a solution. Overall I will continue using Wix and hope the platform keeps getting better and better as they have done so far!

Vorteile: I love the customization that Wix provides for website building. I usually start off with a blank template and build my own websites from scratch, so I love the quick drag-and-drop functions and the ability to customize absolutely everything right down to the font size and color. I also love the new app for the blog, which makes keeping up with posting easy and accessible.

Nachteile: I have run into some issues where Wix doesn't provide the widget I need so I've had to learn some code myself or hire an actual Wix expert. Luckily, this doesn't happen to frequently and Wix experts out there are super knowledgeable and fairly priced. I also wish they had more template options for lightboxes and landing pages to make those more unique and innovative.

Its great for people who are not software developers but want to do it themselves

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Summer A.
Physical Therapist & Animal transport specialist
Import und Export, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall I would recommend WIX and I have used it for 2 different businesses. One was a pet boarding facility and one a ladies salon. That shows how versatile the site is! I have only had a positive experience with it. I suspect if you needed a website that had sales and inventory you probably couldn't use this one (as far as I know, but again, I didn't actually pursue that).
The other thing was that it is very easy to modify and those modifications take effect very quickly.

Vorteile: The best thing is that it is EASY TO USE. I have no software experience but I was able to create 2 very professional looking websites (the first one, years ago; kittyritzq8.com and the second more recently eclipsesalonkwt.com) Both I was able to do entirely on my own. This is because the software is easy to use, is versatile and you can create multiple pages on the website easily.
Both websites I migrated from a different platform that had been done for me. The kittyritz one was difficult to migrate and I had to call the help desk. They were amazing and walked me through it... mind you this was years ago.
The templates were good ( I think there could have been more to choose from) but to be honest, both websites, I was able to do for purpose and both look good. The former I took down as I no longer have that business and the latter is still up and running, the new salon owner kept it (though she has changed it a tiny bit).
I was even able to add a blog page to the site.
If someone messaged from the site it got through.
In any case, the most attractive thing about wix and the reason I always recommend it is that it is easy to set up your own website. AND it is not expensive.
To be honest, if I set up a website for my current biz, I would use wix. It makes me totally self reliant. And on a tight budget that is what you need.

Nachteile: If I was going to fault something I would say more variability in templates.
There were a few things I could not do with it. But honestly I cant recall what it was. Probably more fancy things. I think I was not able to upload video (though I cant be sure if that was the software or me)

Wix is Excellent for Business Websites

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Aurora G.
Registered Kinesiologist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a business Wix has helped our business reach more people by offering online bookings and receiving international transactions. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy to use platform.

Vorteile: Wix has been an excellent platform to host my Health and Wellness business website. I am able to schedule patient bookings, receive payments and even post to my social media. I have been using Wix for almost a year now. I switched from Squarespace because it was more affordable and offered a greater variety of tools for my business website. What I enjoy most about Wix is that it offers so many tools for social media promotion, video creation, business administration and is great for international transactions.

Nachteile: I would have to say that Wix overall is an excellent platform. But like everything, there are some things I wish they could modify or add to make the experience 100% ! For example, being able to get a hold of a customer service representative to receive assistance when I cannot receive it online is a pain. It's almost impossible to be in contact with a real person. Other than that, I cannot complain. Wix has provided a great product.

Must Have for any Small to Medium Size Business

Bewertet am 11.9.2019
Barb S.
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The savings is tremendous using the Wix software. I no longer need a custom programmer, and it saves my staff and I hours updating the web site. Their blog is very simple to set up and maintain - another plus for us as we use it on a daily basis. This software is a real time saver, the templates are professional and their support staff is very responsive and knowledgeable. I can't recommend this enough!

Vorteile: Excellent user experience, get started in minutes - there is no ramp up time to use this software. They have a powerful drag and drop editor , and you don't need any coding skills although coding is an option for the experienced users - a plus for any business. Make changes, add or remove text boxes, buttons, videos and more – within only a few clicks. There are hundreds of templates to choose from or you can create your site from scratch. They have an extensive help center - you can find answers to any questions and their are videos showing how to use their system.

Nachteile: Their SEO component is not as robust as it could be. While you can get the basics done, I struggled with trying to use advanced features and ended up using another program to do it.

Simple, good and easy to use drag and drop website builder

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Awogor M.
Editor In Chief
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Wix on 4 different websites and I must say, it's easy, fast and good platform for website design for companies and portfolios. I will always recommend

Vorteile: You don't probably need to a Pro User in order to make a website with Wix.
With Wix's Drag and Drop website builder, you can easily build your personal portfolio website, photographic site, lifestyle, eCommerce store for advance users etc.
It's generally appart from WordPress one of those platforms I respect so much when making websites for my clients.
They take care of Hosting service and your domain you only pay for their platform and start using it.

Nachteile: It's not the best place for content management and therefore do not offer total user experience for companies website just like with WordPress, you can post publications in a blog section of your website.
The more features you require, the more money you spend.

It's not Wordpress, and why that's important

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Matt A.
Video Producer
Kino & Film, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I love Wix. I still stick with Wordpress for most of my sites, but I'm enjoying the ease of Wix for my main site.

Vorteile: After creating websites in Wordpress, Dreamweaver and even direct code, Wix is astoundingly refreshing and easy. The learning curve is quick. And once I started dragging and dropping various elements, my imagination for my site soared. The greatest value of Wix is it's ease of use. It's not just the ease of creating a site, but the ease of having the website and hosting all rolled into one. Additionally, Wix is in development, which means that updates do come out and solve some issues that may be present. This is encouraging especially coming from the highly customizable but complicated world of Wordpress.

Nachteile: As much as Wix is joyfully easy to use, there are a few issues with it. The main thing is that it lacks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) even though it has an SEO feature with it. I moved my site from Wordpress to SEO and lost traffic during the first 6 months. I wasn't invisible on Google, but I wasn't ranking as well as I did before. That said, it's still doable. I suggest researching SEO or at least hiring someone who can manage your SEO.

If you need a quick website...

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Zee G.
Digital Operations Manager

Kommentare: I have used Wix to teach students the basics of the website creation and it was a user-friendly product that my students could easily use right away. The websites they have created in three days time were looking good, so I was happy (and the students too) :)

Vorteile: I have used Wix to help my students create websites for their class projects. Since they didn't have any previous experience with website creation and we were short on time, Wix was a perfect solution due to its extensive template options. One of the things I have enjoyed the most (along with my students) was the ease of finding a template for their particular businesses (which included hotels, interactive museums, photo studios, fast-food restaurants, and more). The navigation and the creation process is easy enough, so that was also helpful.

Nachteile: One of the things that we have discovered mid-way through creating our websites was the bilingual issue. The students' computers mostly used the Russian language for the interface, but the websites they needed to create were in English. However, while most of the editable texts could be easily written in English, there were buttons with text (for example, "Register") that we didn't find a way to translate. It's not an issue when your website and your computer use the same language, but when you're working in bilingual (or trilingual) environment, this can cause trouble. (Note: some of the buttons *did* auto-translate when we changed the preferred language of the site in the settings, but not all.)

Saving Grace

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Stephanie D.
Holistic Health and Wellness Coach
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is ideal for the person who doesn't have the technical design skills but needs a website with multiple functions to run their business and for someone who does not want to depend on a designer to make spot changes.

Vorteile: Truth it took me 5 years to use Wix. First I used Square Space, then I used Weebly. Someone recommended Square Space as I was selling jewelry and although I could easily make the website through their templates, I didnt know enough about design to do more complicated things, like set up my Pay Pal and run multiple pages (vlog, e store, sign up). I then switched to Weebly because someone said it was easier and I felt like I was not using what I was paying for Square Space and although Weebly was alot easier, I found it's platform not intuitive, after I hired someone to create a Wordpress for me but again, felt so dependent on them for support. Finally, I went to Wix and many non computer entrepreneur colleagues launched their site and set up their Paypals so quickly. I wish I had listened to a friend who told me 5 years ago to start with Wix.

Nachteile: Nothing, truth I wish I had time to watch all their tutorials because I know with the drag and drop features it is just a matter of time I can run my own business (e commerce and online education) entirely on my site.

Ok if you don't need wide ranging functionality.

Bewertet am 24.8.2019
Robert L.
Content Manager
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: All in all, I would recommend it if you don't have much knowledge of web design and want to make something quickly.

Vorteile: Super easy to use and get started with. Probably the best templates in out of all the drag and drop hosting sites. The algorithm that creates sites for you based off of the concept you have is quite powerful and easy to use. The app is incredible and almost has more functionality than the online dashboard.

Nachteile: I had issues adding a search bar to my online store. Most items like that require you to pay outside app developers to embed their product into your site for a monthly subscription. All of this hikes up the monthly cost of the site. Customer support was lacking - with every query I sent being responded with the line ' we are aware of this issue and are working to fix it'. In my experience, things were never fixed. Halfway through my tenure with the company, they removed aspects of the software (like music listening statistics for my radio show) and never replaced them.

Great Product But Customer Service Needs Major Revamp

Bewertet am 18.8.2019
Gewerbeimmobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience is that it is great website builder for a basic site. Excellent in fact. You can get a site up in a couple of hours. However, add-ons are very clunky and the technical support is not an option as their agents are not trained or extraordinarily poorly trained.

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is it's ease of use for high-quality sites. You can set up a one-page site in a couple of hours.

Nachteile: Once you get past the basics and need something more sophisticated, the add-ons are clunky and they offer little to no guidance with many of the support docs not matching what is on the screen. Further, when I've called tech support they've literally had no idea how to help. On one call, the tech didn't know what a hero was, which was shocking and then when I explained, he didn't know how to remove a video. When I asked about it he insisted that there wasn't a video on the site but then I had to explain to him he had to view the published site and not the site in editor. On another call, the tech couldn't connect me with a screenshare after about 17 minutes on the call. I have not once called and received an answer to my support question. Extremely disappointing for the high quality product they have. I still use it but don't bother with tech support. For someone that needs something beyond a basic site, it is a consideration.

Buggy and Lagging

Bewertet am 10.8.2019
Rebekah K.
Body Piercing Technician/Owner
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, Wix got the job done, but it has been really buggy for me from the beginning. The Editor wouldnt load unless I put it in an incognito page or turned off all my add blockers. Which is fine, but annoying. Trying to get anyone's help took a lot of effort including screen shot after screen shot of the "problems" and typing in every.single.step. you took to get to where you were. This isn't very helpful when I can not screen shot the fact that adding elements to the page would then mess up everything I had done from the beginning and throw my set up all out of order and just explaining it all was difficult. Help would be better if they could Live Watch your screen with you and assist you a little more. I understand some of the features do require paying more, but I already paid to set up a site, it shouldn't have this many bugs while I am trying to make a simple page and move material from the screen either up or down or what have you.

Vorteile: I love the ability to pic pre-made set ups instead of starting everything from scratch. This made it really easy to follow the formats and navigate setting up a website quickly. However, I am not sure if this option is what is making it so difficult to edit, but there is a lot that kept messing up or became more difficult to figure out.

Nachteile: I ended up not even using the Mobile View option for my site. Nothing I had would transfer over properly, even worse, every time I would hide an attribute so I could move borders and add more space, the attributes would be thrown into the page randomly and mess up everything I did to move the pieces around in a specific order. There was no room to really view the page closer, the screens set up for "mobile view" editing was really small. I feel like the empty spaces on the side of the page should be a place for you to move your materials around so that you could clearly see what you were working with the whole time. And that the "hidden attributes" were not just thrown back into the page randomly, that you could actually hold and place the information in manually and it not mess up everything you had previously done.

The Best Website Creator for emergency Use and for small businesses without any knowledge of coding

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Content Manager and Sales Analyzer at Barato
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am currently studying in India for Post graduate degree in Management and Research, and also also working part time in my Brother's online Grocery Store and Wix worked for me initially we first tried to get a good website without spending much and Wix actually worked amazingly. Even now, whenever I am in need of a website urgently I use Wix to get things done but again, I do never recommend any student or web developer to go through Wix

Vorteile: Wix is the best and easiest way to build a website for those who wants a good website in no time. Wix has a nice user interface and is accessible with normal computers and mobile devices. There's no need of coding, just to get an idea, think over it and use the drag and drop feature and we are good to go. The pricing of Wix is also good, there's no need to be concern about the cost of getting a good website because everything is done and even if we try the free features it will harm nothing. Wix is good for those who wants a good website in a hurry or without writing any code or to get a website for quick purposes like for small businesses. Wix is also good for those who don't actually want to learn Web development because everything is done without any coding. Those who can't afford a good web developer for their small business or start-ups can use Wix.

Nachteile: Though, getting everything done without any coding is a good deal but only for those who don't want to learn web development and just need a website for their small businesses or startups because one can learn nothing other than dragging and dropping things which is quite a cheap thing for a Web developer or a student, So I do never recommend a student or a Web developer to go with Wix. Also, Wix has a lots of problems like there's a problem of customizing the pages exactly according to our choice because everything is done by itself automatically and hence most of the required features are not there and we can't build them according to our imaginations.