4.3/5
    4.4/5
    4.2/5

Über Wix

Die Freiheit, Deine eigene beeindruckende eCommerce-Website genau so zu erhalten, wie Du möchtest - kostenlos.

Erfahre mehr über Wix

Zeigt 4.715 Bewertungen

Scott U.
Senior Quality Analyst
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.10.2018

"Wix websites for beginners to experts! "

Kommentare: Great experience with Wix, I would use this, and have suggested it to many of my friends. The ease of use, for an intermediate website person like myself made it a no brainer. I was really happy with the support as well as the tutorial videos and step by steps that Wix provides in order to make your job easier are great. I update my website every week, and Wix is so easy to do it on. I use google docs and excel sheets that are linked to my site, and display without issues. Wix makes making Websites easy!

Vorteile: I created my first "real" website using Wix. I inherited a site that has been previously been posted on a different out of the box site. I looked at the other provider, and just felt the options were really limited as to what I could do, and what I wanted to do with the site. I wanted to take what we previously had, and take it up a notch. I wanted to add menu items, forms, video, pictures, and more. I started from scratch with the Wix template, and went from there. I wanted a menu option at the top of the page, but I wanted to have options on how I wanted that menu to look. Wix had a ton of templates you can choose from for menu's as well as page feel and look. You can also upload your own background (which I did) to add a theme to your site. I run a men's hockey league, so I added a rink background to our site. I was very happy with the many options I was able to choose from in order to create the site. You can also add a page from this menu, hide a page, delete a page, or re-order how you want the pages to be displayed on your site. We run a spring league as well, and during our Winter league, I can hide those pages with ease, and just un-hide them when we are ready to start up our spring league. Migrating my site from the old host to Wix was seamless as well, and Wix has many tutorials to help with all of this. It made moving my site very easy, and the video help was great!

Nachteile: You are limited to only so many forms on your site, as well as fields. This was the free forms, that you get with the site. You can pay for more fields, if you need them. Also some add in's cost money, but the ones they provide for free did the job for me.

• Bewertet am 29.10.2018
Patty R.
Psychologist
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 1.2.2020

"User Friendly & Launched My Business!"

Kommentare: My aim with establishing a website was to increase advertising and community outreach to increase my client load. Since having my website up and running my traffic and online presence has increased drastically and I went from part-time to full-time because I have been getting calls or contact forms regularly.

Vorteile: I am no experience with setting up a website, but was able to set up a professional, user friendly website using Wix's templates as a guide. If I ever ran into a problem or had any issues, Wix's support staff was super responsive, patient, and helped resolve any issues as soon as possible. On top of that, Wix offered a discount coupon to allow for additional features on my website that allows me to track visitors, traffic, time of day...etc. which has helped me target my advertising. I love that I have the option to include a contact form box to track people who reach out to my business, I have an interactive map to my office, and most importantly my site is mobile friendly!

Nachteile: The only challenge I had with the Wix software is that it does take some time to set up. However, I would imagine that is how it is with any software when setting up an inclusive website.

• Bewertet am 1.2.2020
Briana M.
Marketing Operations Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2019

"Good enough for business websites that don't require complex builds or functionality"

Kommentare: For businesses that do not require eCommerce functionality (purchasing goods online), I would say this is a great tool to get a beautiful website up-and-running in little to no time with all of the basic functionality needed to provide a good customer experience. I cannot speak for the eCommerce side as I have not had a client with these requirements but am curious to know how functional their tools are.

Vorteile: There is no real "onboarding" required for a tool like Wix. You can get a website skeleton stood up within 10 minutes or so, and the process for upgrading to a Premium account is painless. Migrating domains over from other providers (like GoDaddy) was surprisingly simple and was processed much faster than their anticipated wait times. I have built Wix sites for 3 separate clients at this point and have had no major issues to date.

Nachteile: This tool is not for experienced web developers, or at the very least does not allow them to customize the site properly in terms of proper HTML tagging. The SEO tool is too surface-level to allow for true optimization of the site. For instance I have recently discovered the nav bars across all three of my sites are not properly being picked up and indexed by Google, which is really affecting our SEO. There is no pre-built option for this in Wix and, as I am not a true developer, it will be challenging for me to fix on my own. The other small issue I have is with the number of email addresses that can be included on form submission alerts. Even for a premium account you can only have two people notified when a contact submission comes through, which is aggravating for an org with multiple people that need to be aware.

• Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Andrea C.
Copywriter + web designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 23.7.2019

"Wix: Not as good as WordPress... arguably better than SquareSpace (that's right. I said it!)"

Kommentare: I have designed two websites with Wix. I am extremely pleased with how one website looks and with the email campaigns that have been super easy to set up and send out. That client needed a beautiful site and email functionality. Wix was cost effective for this purpose and she is able to make minor changes even though she is not tech-savvy. My other client needed shopping cart functionality and already had his site made at Wix. I made the site look nicer and loaded all of his items into the cart... but Wix could not handle the size of the store. The site works and looks great, but he had to use Shopify for his purposes. Overall, I choose WordPress because, as a designer, I need 100% functionality and the ability to do anything my clients need. Out of the box, Wix can't do some of these custom things. But I have no problem recommending Wix as the CMS to use when you are not a designer and you can't afford SquareSpace (nor should you use Squarespace because, despite SqSp marketing, a developer is required for simple changes). I am not a fan of Squarespace. So! Use Wix if WordPress is too big of a beast. :)

Vorteile: Wix is easy to use. It is a WYSIWYG CMS that handles everything from design to email campaigns to shopping carts. It features a number of different styles of photo galleries and offers a large range of word processor-style copy options (compared to Squarespace). Dragging padding is easy, searching for high-quality photos and videos (provided by Wix) is easy. Font options are plenty. Wix allows you to upload your own photos, which are stored in an image gallery for easy selection throughout the design process (Squarespace does not have an image gallery which means you have to upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it which is extremely slow and frustrating). Changes can be made per item per section allowing 100% customization (Squarespace applies changes globally and code is required for per-item changes). Wix is closer to WordPress than SquareSpace when it comes to being able to do whatever you want to do to get things exactly as you want them without using code. Wix uses plugins for added functionality (Squarespace does not have plugins available). For a beginner, Wix is a great CMS.

Nachteile: Wix is not WordPress. It is designed for beginners to make all of the basic things anyone needs as easy as drop and drag. But WordPress + Divi theme is the best choice if you aren't afraid of a little learning curve. Wix's shopping cart functionality is not powerful. I made a store with a few dozen choices that had a handful of options each. This crashed the cart. If you have a handful of items to sell, Wix would be fine. Otherwise, use Shopify.

• Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Emeka O.
Digital Marketing Trainer
  • Bewertet am 29.12.2019

"An Awesome Website Builder"

Kommentare: I use wix to build my business website. Considering that it is free to use, I didn't have to spend any budget to get my business website done. I also didn't have to pay website developers as all I needed to get things done were available on the Wix platform.

Vorteile: Wix is a drag and drop website builder. There are many reasons for which I love Wix, among them include: 1. Free to Use: Wix is a free to use website builder. It is one of the most widely used Content Management Systems (CMS). Despite the fact that Wix is a free software, it can be used to build a stunning website. 2. Free domain name and free hosting: Wix provides users with a free domain name, and also a free hosting on which to build their desired websites. 3. Availability of templates: Wix have templates available, and I only had to choose a desired template to get started. 4. Easy learning curve: I'm tempted to say that Wix have no, or a straight (linear) learning curve as one can get started immediately after creating an account on Wix. This was amazing for me. 5. Availability of sections: Wix webpages can be built in sections. This make it easy to design and edit a page. 6. Responsiveness: Wix pages are mobile responsive. By this I never had to bother about how to make my website responsive for visitors who are using mobile devices to access it. Wix automatically creates a mobile responsive version, and the final outlook of a page on mobile can be previewed while still designing the page.

Nachteile: It's very hard to point out anything I don't like about Wix. All the while I've been using Wix, it'd been a pleasurable experience. The only problem I have with Wix is the cost of the premium version. I consider the premium version to be expensive for a beginner who is looking to operate on a lean budget.

• Bewertet am 29.12.2019
Ericka M.
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.1.2020

"Great Website Builder For Beginners! "

Kommentare: It’s was awesome! Wix.com made building my company website fun and a real learning experience. Learned something’s about coding.

Vorteile: User friendly. Great Web building options. Taught me so much and gave me many new options on my Website.

Nachteile: Some options are too much money to keep on the website.

• Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Michael S.
  • Bewertet am 19.1.2020

"Wix is great for beginners and advanced users"

Kommentare: Easiest to replicate, and launch new businesses and get clients onboarded. Also great for agencies who create websites on behalf of clients. The templates can all be adjusted, and easy to customzie quickly. Then give clients control.

Vorteile: Very easy to use for newbies, and for power users Wix can help you launch websites quickly. It is an excellent alternative to Wordpress which is too technical for most newbies. I would recommend this for someone who has a small budget to build their own website as long as they are comfortable on a computer this quite intuitve to launch and maintain a new website.

Nachteile: Pricing has increase recently making it less favorable. When Wix first came out you wouldn't see many upsells. Now the whole services has upsells built into it.

• Bewertet am 19.1.2020
Jake H.
  • Bewertet am 9.2.2020

"A Good Website Option for Newbies"

Kommentare: It was great while it lasted. I got a website up and running quick. But this isn't a platform I recommend staying on long if you're looking to grow quickly. It's a really great site for personal websites such as resume or portfolio sites that don't need SEO ranking.

Vorteile: The best part of Wix was how easy it was to use. It's probably one of the most intuitive visual building website platforms out there.

Nachteile: There weren't a lot of integrations. As a web developer, we were looking for a platform that could satisfy a lot of our clients' needs, but the lack of integrations Wix offered didn't make it our choice, ultimately. Additionally, the way they design their CMS makes it so very few third part crawlers can crawl their websites. Which makes me nervous about search engines crawling them as well for SEO.

• Bewertet am 9.2.2020
Carina L.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.1.2020

"I always go back go it! "

Kommentare: I’m a serial entrepreneur and have done many businesses in the last 7-8 years. I have tried wix, weebly, squarespace, wordpress and always stick to wix. I also do websites for family and friends on wix.

Vorteile: This is the only drag and drop website builder that has full flexibility to place things exactly how you want. I love that they have and continue to add templates that are industry/business specific.

Nachteile: The e-commerce and booking parts of it definitely need improvement. The functionality is not quite there yet but I think is because is more focused on the design aspect of it. I also dislike that everything has an additional charge to be fully integrated. It becomes really costly if you have a modern day business that sells online and also takes bookings and other things.

• Bewertet am 1.1.2020
Mallory R.
Senior Paid Advertising Specialist
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.2.2020

"More functionality and more customizable than Squarespace"

Kommentare: Overall I was really pleased with Wix, it was generally easy to use and easily customizable.

Vorteile: I built a website for a close friend's business and evaluated Squarespace and Wix. Ultimately we chose Wix because it allowed for more custom designs. Squarespace has more professional looking out of the box templates, but they're hard to adjust to your specific needs.

Nachteile: As mentioned above, Wix doesn't have quite as pretty/modern/professional templates as other web design/hosting platforms but because I wanted something customizable, I didn't find this a con. But if you're looking for an out of the box template with little to no modification, than Wix probably isn't the best solution.

• Bewertet am 5.2.2020
Jonathan L.
Executive Director
  • Bewertet am 29.3.2020

"Website Builder With Integrations Galore"

Kommentare: Like many new businesses, we didn't have the funds to hire a web developer to build us a custom website. We turned to online web builders to get our online footprint, and stuck with Wix because it was easy to use, offered great responsive features, and their options for outside integrations were numerous. Then we found out that we could offer different language versions of our site and we were hooked. Now, Wix handles our whole website presence: sales, blog, landing page, product pages, etc.

Vorteile: Of the website builders we've tried and implemented for ourselves and our customers, Wix has the best set of supplemental product integrations that we've found. They even have their own in-house solutions for things like forms, emails, and sales–if you don't already use an external provider. Connecting to your providers is also really simple and secure, so you have trust that your and your customer's data will not be comprised just because you're not using your own code. We also LOVE the language translation feature. This has been a boon as we grew our business in other countries and needed to communicate in different languages.

Nachteile: Web builders like Wix, Squarespace, etc. often sell with the promise of an easy-to-use, DIY website builder. At the beginning, that was true. Now, however, many of our customers are paying us to build and manage their sites because as the service grew more robust, with more features, our customers couldn't keep up. I would love to see the company stay focused on ease-of-use as they add more features. The moms and pops of online shops often can't manage to learn new features and run their business at the same time–despite that being an important part of growing a business.

• Bewertet am 29.3.2020
Reilly C.
Graphic Designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2020

"A quick and easy way to build a website"

Kommentare: I have created a couple of simple websites for clients to go along with branding projects, as well as keeping my personal portfolio up to date as a Wix site, and it has proved to be very effective for those purposes.

Vorteile: Wix has been a lifesaver as someone who has little coding experience. The platform as a whole makes it really easy to customize landing pages and websites to point clients to. If you are not a designer and just want to use a template, Wix provides plenty of well-designed options to choose from. I mostly appreciate the fact that you are able to start from scratch if you want to and design your own site, specific to your needs.

Nachteile: I would say that one of the only downsides to Wix is the fact that a lot of the widgets and add ons applications are not very well developed in many cases. I wish there were better and more simple ways to customize galleries and display photos sometimes. Often you can find a workaround for issues but there are efficiencies that are definitely still being developed.

Michael G.
Ceo
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2020

"Great for a wide array of industries"

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been great. I have used Wix for years across 3 very different industries with great success.

Vorteile: I really like the simplicity of it. You can start from basically a blank canvas or from any one of their many themed templates. It's all point and click and no coding.

Nachteile: It can be a little limited in terms of customization when bringing in things for another source. For example if you wanted to use it as a platform for a integrated database, unfortunately it doesn't always integrate.

Lindy S.
artist
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 3.1.2020

"Wix Works for Fine Art"

Kommentare: I market and sell my original art and prints online to a nationwide audience, and Wix has made it simple and rewarding for me to keep my website updated myself. I have no idea how their support is. In over 2 years, I've never had to use it.

Vorteile: For easy and intuitive to use WYSIWYG software, Wix offers almost endless possibilities for customization. As a professional artist, design uniqueness is everything when it comes to my website. It's sort of fun and almost game-like to use. I've never had it crash, either. And the online commerce app is equally seamless to use, design-wise and financially.

Nachteile: I'd like more features on the blog platform. While it integrates perfectly with the website, it is limited in design features, and users can't comment directly.

• Bewertet am 3.1.2020
Chelsea J.
Actor
Darstellende Künste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.12.2019

"The most user-friendly website builder"

Kommentare: I use Wix for my actor website, and whenever I have to build a website for something else, I turn immediately to Wix. I've tried to use other website builders and have found Wix to be superior every single time. The image galleries can be a tad tedious at times, but for the overall effect of having candids and headshots displayed for easy browsing for directors and producers is worth it.

Vorteile: The number of customization options is incomparable. The level of control you have over where your content appears is amazing for a detail-oriented perfectionist such as myself; add in pop-up guidelines when your content is aligned to page/field/object and even the most persnickety builder is on cloud nine.

Nachteile: Sometimes the automatic formatting of text within a single field is counterproductive to my interests, and it takes extra time, focus, and a few table slaps to get the content juuust right. If I could make any suggestion tot he Wix website builder, outstanding as it is, it would be to add a toggle for "auto format within field" or not, so that if I want a header for my paragraph in a different text style or size, without adding a "header" in an auto-formatted style, I can just change them to my liking without arguing with the automatic formatting. That said, I'm sure this very feature is helpful to others who aren't so detail retentive. One that just jumped to mind was the image gallery builder. It seems simple enough at first but the more I try to customize and adjust it, the more tedious the selection and addition process is. Maybe streamline that a little more?

Sarah P.
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.12.2019

"Professional Websites for the Average Person"

Kommentare: As a solopreneur, creating a website for my online business was important. When I realized how expensive it would be to hire a web designer, I knew I needed to figure it out on my own. Wix allowed me to do that.
I was surprised at how easy the drag and drop templates made it, and how simple it was to customize the templates. Often times you will be told "Don't use a template that everyone uses. But Wix allows you to take that templates and fully customize it to your brand.
To make it even better, the pricing for Wix Pro is perfect. It is significantly more affordable than going through a platform like GoDaddy, and 10x easier to use.

Vorteile: My favorite thing about Wix are the drag and drop themes. Wix takes the website themes to the next level by allowing you to customize the template you have chosen.

Nachteile: My least favorite thing about this platform is sometimes the web design platform is a pain. By this I mean, while creating your websites, you will run into times where layers of your design will become jumbled, or the overlapping overlays will make it difficult to access an element or text block you are trying to move. For this reason, it is important to save your website as a draft frequently while designing.

Sarah O.
Marketing Coordinator
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.10.2019

"As a frequent website designer, Wix is my all-time preferred platform!"

Kommentare: I have been using Wix for over 8 years and can say that I am frequently a happy customer! Compared to other website building platforms like Squarespace and Wordpress, I love the easy functionality that Wix provides. Plus, the price is always right what we're looking for. The help pages are easy to use if you need to teach yourself something, and the customer support team is always willing to help you find a solution. Overall I will continue using Wix and hope the platform keeps getting better and better as they have done so far!

Vorteile: I love the customization that Wix provides for website building. I usually start off with a blank template and build my own websites from scratch, so I love the quick drag-and-drop functions and the ability to customize absolutely everything right down to the font size and color. I also love the new app for the blog, which makes keeping up with posting easy and accessible.

Nachteile: I have run into some issues where Wix doesn't provide the widget I need so I've had to learn some code myself or hire an actual Wix expert. Luckily, this doesn't happen to frequently and Wix experts out there are super knowledgeable and fairly priced. I also wish they had more template options for lightboxes and landing pages to make those more unique and innovative.

• Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Summer A.
Physical Therapist & Animal transport specialist
Import und Export, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 2.10.2019

"Its great for people who are not software developers but want to do it themselves"

Kommentare: Overall I would recommend WIX and I have used it for 2 different businesses. One was a pet boarding facility and one a ladies salon. That shows how versatile the site is! I have only had a positive experience with it. I suspect if you needed a website that had sales and inventory you probably couldn't use this one (as far as I know, but again, I didn't actually pursue that).
The other thing was that it is very easy to modify and those modifications take effect very quickly.

Vorteile: The best thing is that it is EASY TO USE. I have no software experience but I was able to create 2 very professional looking websites (the first one, years ago; kittyritzq8.com and the second more recently eclipsesalonkwt.com) Both I was able to do entirely on my own. This is because the software is easy to use, is versatile and you can create multiple pages on the website easily.
Both websites I migrated from a different platform that had been done for me. The kittyritz one was difficult to migrate and I had to call the help desk. They were amazing and walked me through it... mind you this was years ago.
The templates were good ( I think there could have been more to choose from) but to be honest, both websites, I was able to do for purpose and both look good. The former I took down as I no longer have that business and the latter is still up and running, the new salon owner kept it (though she has changed it a tiny bit).
I was even able to add a blog page to the site.
If someone messaged from the site it got through.
In any case, the most attractive thing about wix and the reason I always recommend it is that it is easy to set up your own website. AND it is not expensive.
To be honest, if I set up a website for my current biz, I would use wix. It makes me totally self reliant. And on a tight budget that is what you need.

Nachteile: If I was going to fault something I would say more variability in templates.
There were a few things I could not do with it. But honestly I cant recall what it was. Probably more fancy things. I think I was not able to upload video (though I cant be sure if that was the software or me)

• Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Aurora G.
Registered Kinesiologist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2019

"Wix is Excellent for Business Websites"

Kommentare: As a business Wix has helped our business reach more people by offering online bookings and receiving international transactions. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy to use platform.

Vorteile: Wix has been an excellent platform to host my Health and Wellness business website. I am able to schedule patient bookings, receive payments and even post to my social media. I have been using Wix for almost a year now. I switched from Squarespace because it was more affordable and offered a greater variety of tools for my business website. What I enjoy most about Wix is that it offers so many tools for social media promotion, video creation, business administration and is great for international transactions.

Nachteile: I would have to say that Wix overall is an excellent platform. But like everything, there are some things I wish they could modify or add to make the experience 100% ! For example, being able to get a hold of a customer service representative to receive assistance when I cannot receive it online is a pain. It's almost impossible to be in contact with a real person. Other than that, I cannot complain. Wix has provided a great product.

• Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Barb S.
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.9.2019

"Must Have for any Small to Medium Size Business"

Kommentare: The savings is tremendous using the Wix software. I no longer need a custom programmer, and it saves my staff and I hours updating the web site. Their blog is very simple to set up and maintain - another plus for us as we use it on a daily basis. This software is a real time saver, the templates are professional and their support staff is very responsive and knowledgeable. I can't recommend this enough!

Vorteile: Excellent user experience, get started in minutes - there is no ramp up time to use this software. They have a powerful drag and drop editor , and you don't need any coding skills although coding is an option for the experienced users - a plus for any business. Make changes, add or remove text boxes, buttons, videos and more – within only a few clicks. There are hundreds of templates to choose from or you can create your site from scratch. They have an extensive help center - you can find answers to any questions and their are videos showing how to use their system.

Nachteile: Their SEO component is not as robust as it could be. While you can get the basics done, I struggled with trying to use advanced features and ended up using another program to do it.

• Bewertet am 11.9.2019
Awogor M.
Editor In Chief
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.8.2019

"Simple, good and easy to use drag and drop website builder"

Kommentare: I have used Wix on 4 different websites and I must say, it's easy, fast and good platform for website design for companies and portfolios. I will always recommend

Vorteile: You don't probably need to a Pro User in order to make a website with Wix.
With Wix's Drag and Drop website builder, you can easily build your personal portfolio website, photographic site, lifestyle, eCommerce store for advance users etc.
It's generally appart from WordPress one of those platforms I respect so much when making websites for my clients.
They take care of Hosting service and your domain you only pay for their platform and start using it.

Nachteile: It's not the best place for content management and therefore do not offer total user experience for companies website just like with WordPress, you can post publications in a blog section of your website.
The more features you require, the more money you spend.

• Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Matt A.
Video Producer
Kino & Film, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 6.9.2019

"It's not Wordpress, and why that's important"

Kommentare: Overall, I love Wix. I still stick with Wordpress for most of my sites, but I'm enjoying the ease of Wix for my main site.

Vorteile: After creating websites in Wordpress, Dreamweaver and even direct code, Wix is astoundingly refreshing and easy. The learning curve is quick. And once I started dragging and dropping various elements, my imagination for my site soared. The greatest value of Wix is it's ease of use. It's not just the ease of creating a site, but the ease of having the website and hosting all rolled into one. Additionally, Wix is in development, which means that updates do come out and solve some issues that may be present. This is encouraging especially coming from the highly customizable but complicated world of Wordpress.

Nachteile: As much as Wix is joyfully easy to use, there are a few issues with it. The main thing is that it lacks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) even though it has an SEO feature with it. I moved my site from Wordpress to SEO and lost traffic during the first 6 months. I wasn't invisible on Google, but I wasn't ranking as well as I did before. That said, it's still doable. I suggest researching SEO or at least hiring someone who can manage your SEO.

• Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Zee G.
Digital Operations Manager
  • Bewertet am 27.8.2019

"If you need a quick website..."

Kommentare: I have used Wix to teach students the basics of the website creation and it was a user-friendly product that my students could easily use right away. The websites they have created in three days time were looking good, so I was happy (and the students too) :)

Vorteile: I have used Wix to help my students create websites for their class projects. Since they didn't have any previous experience with website creation and we were short on time, Wix was a perfect solution due to its extensive template options. One of the things I have enjoyed the most (along with my students) was the ease of finding a template for their particular businesses (which included hotels, interactive museums, photo studios, fast-food restaurants, and more). The navigation and the creation process is easy enough, so that was also helpful.

Nachteile: One of the things that we have discovered mid-way through creating our websites was the bilingual issue. The students' computers mostly used the Russian language for the interface, but the websites they needed to create were in English. However, while most of the editable texts could be easily written in English, there were buttons with text (for example, "Register") that we didn't find a way to translate. It's not an issue when your website and your computer use the same language, but when you're working in bilingual (or trilingual) environment, this can cause trouble. (Note: some of the buttons *did* auto-translate when we changed the preferred language of the site in the settings, but not all.)

• Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Stephanie D.
Holistic Health and Wellness Coach
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2019

"Saving Grace"

Kommentare: It is ideal for the person who doesn't have the technical design skills but needs a website with multiple functions to run their business and for someone who does not want to depend on a designer to make spot changes.

Vorteile: Truth it took me 5 years to use Wix. First I used Square Space, then I used Weebly. Someone recommended Square Space as I was selling jewelry and although I could easily make the website through their templates, I didnt know enough about design to do more complicated things, like set up my Pay Pal and run multiple pages (vlog, e store, sign up). I then switched to Weebly because someone said it was easier and I felt like I was not using what I was paying for Square Space and although Weebly was alot easier, I found it's platform not intuitive, after I hired someone to create a Wordpress for me but again, felt so dependent on them for support. Finally, I went to Wix and many non computer entrepreneur colleagues launched their site and set up their Paypals so quickly. I wish I had listened to a friend who told me 5 years ago to start with Wix.

Nachteile: Nothing, truth I wish I had time to watch all their tutorials because I know with the drag and drop features it is just a matter of time I can run my own business (e commerce and online education) entirely on my site.

• Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Robert L.
Content Manager
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.8.2019

"Ok if you don't need wide ranging functionality."

Kommentare: All in all, I would recommend it if you don't have much knowledge of web design and want to make something quickly.

Vorteile: Super easy to use and get started with. Probably the best templates in out of all the drag and drop hosting sites. The algorithm that creates sites for you based off of the concept you have is quite powerful and easy to use. The app is incredible and almost has more functionality than the online dashboard.

Nachteile: I had issues adding a search bar to my online store. Most items like that require you to pay outside app developers to embed their product into your site for a monthly subscription. All of this hikes up the monthly cost of the site. Customer support was lacking - with every query I sent being responded with the line ' we are aware of this issue and are working to fix it'. In my experience, things were never fixed. Halfway through my tenure with the company, they removed aspects of the software (like music listening statistics for my radio show) and never replaced them.

• Bewertet am 24.8.2019