4,4 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,2 /5

Über Wix

Die Freiheit, Deine eigene beeindruckende eCommerce-Website genau so zu erhalten, wie Du möchtest - kostenlos.

Erfahre mehr über Wix

Zeigt 5.311 Bewertungen

Emeka O.
Digital Marketing Trainer
  • Bewertet am 29.12.2019

"An Awesome Website Builder"

Kommentare: I use wix to build my business website. Considering that it is free to use, I didn't have to spend any budget to get my business website done. I also didn't have to pay website developers as all I needed to get things done were available on the Wix platform.

Vorteile: Wix is a drag and drop website builder. There are many reasons for which I love Wix, among them include: 1. Free to Use: Wix is a free to use website builder. It is one of the most widely used Content Management Systems (CMS). Despite the fact that Wix is a free software, it can be used to build a stunning website. 2. Free domain name and free hosting: Wix provides users with a free domain name, and also a free hosting on which to build their desired websites. 3. Availability of templates: Wix have templates available, and I only had to choose a desired template to get started. 4. Easy learning curve: I'm tempted to say that Wix have no, or a straight (linear) learning curve as one can get started immediately after creating an account on Wix. This was amazing for me. 5. Availability of sections: Wix webpages can be built in sections. This make it easy to design and edit a page. 6. Responsiveness: Wix pages are mobile responsive. By this I never had to bother about how to make my website responsive for visitors who are using mobile devices to access it. Wix automatically creates a mobile responsive version, and the final outlook of a page on mobile can be previewed while still designing the page.

Nachteile: It's very hard to point out anything I don't like about Wix. All the while I've been using Wix, it'd been a pleasurable experience. The only problem I have with Wix is the cost of the premium version. I consider the premium version to be expensive for a beginner who is looking to operate on a lean budget.

• Bewertet am 29.12.2019
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"User Friendly Product!"

Kommentare: Overall, Wix is my favorite web page. As someone who doesn't know HTML and CSS, Wix makes creating a customizable and unique site easy. The stock photos are also a great touch and add sophistication to any website.

Vorteile: I love how the themes were so easily customizable! I've used dozens of web developers but Wix is easily my favorite. You can select a theme from a catalog of beautifully designed themes and add/remove whatever you want. The designers made developing a beautiful, original, and personalized site easy and effortless. The stock photos made available are also awesome!

Nachteile: I don't have much to complain about. But if I had to something, I would say what I like least about this software is the how difficult it is to undo progress from previous sessions. I wish I could reload older versions of my webpage.

Jeffrey G.
Chief Consultant
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.11.2020

"Wix - ease of designing professional website"

Kommentare: Used WIX to design my first website, but at the end of the day used WordPress when went to "market" as more options and consultant was more familiar with WordPress. .

Vorteile: The customization of designing a professional website is very easy. You can easily see how the website can pull up on desktop browser and mobile devices is very user friendly. Ability of adding additional pages and features is easy. Security was impressive and adding HTTPS was easy. Ability to buy images was simple and there were many free and premium images you can buy.

Nachteile: didnt have any negatives on Wix. Easily created a site. having the ability to see on device was great but with so many mobile devices and sizes there are alot of variables. The analytical tools using Constant contact were good, but what we were able to do with WordPress was better.

• Bewertet am 7.11.2020
Andrea C.
Copywriter + web designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 23.7.2019

"Wix: Not as good as WordPress... arguably better than SquareSpace (that's right. I said it!)"

Kommentare: I have designed two websites with Wix. I am extremely pleased with how one website looks and with the email campaigns that have been super easy to set up and send out. That client needed a beautiful site and email functionality. Wix was cost effective for this purpose and she is able to make minor changes even though she is not tech-savvy. My other client needed shopping cart functionality and already had his site made at Wix. I made the site look nicer and loaded all of his items into the cart... but Wix could not handle the size of the store. The site works and looks great, but he had to use Shopify for his purposes. Overall, I choose WordPress because, as a designer, I need 100% functionality and the ability to do anything my clients need. Out of the box, Wix can't do some of these custom things. But I have no problem recommending Wix as the CMS to use when you are not a designer and you can't afford SquareSpace (nor should you use Squarespace because, despite SqSp marketing, a developer is required for simple changes). I am not a fan of Squarespace. So! Use Wix if WordPress is too big of a beast. :)

Vorteile: Wix is easy to use. It is a WYSIWYG CMS that handles everything from design to email campaigns to shopping carts. It features a number of different styles of photo galleries and offers a large range of word processor-style copy options (compared to Squarespace). Dragging padding is easy, searching for high-quality photos and videos (provided by Wix) is easy. Font options are plenty. Wix allows you to upload your own photos, which are stored in an image gallery for easy selection throughout the design process (Squarespace does not have an image gallery which means you have to upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it which is extremely slow and frustrating). Changes can be made per item per section allowing 100% customization (Squarespace applies changes globally and code is required for per-item changes). Wix is closer to WordPress than SquareSpace when it comes to being able to do whatever you want to do to get things exactly as you want them without using code. Wix uses plugins for added functionality (Squarespace does not have plugins available). For a beginner, Wix is a great CMS.

Nachteile: Wix is not WordPress. It is designed for beginners to make all of the basic things anyone needs as easy as drop and drag. But WordPress + Divi theme is the best choice if you aren't afraid of a little learning curve. Wix's shopping cart functionality is not powerful. I made a store with a few dozen choices that had a handful of options each. This crashed the cart. If you have a handful of items to sell, Wix would be fine. Otherwise, use Shopify.

• Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Sandesh B.
Blogger
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

"Website in minutes"

Kommentare: I had the best experience with Wix. I am building an e-commerce store for document preparation and will launch soon. But till now I have seen Wix being so friendly and easy to use. I had an awesome experience in building my portfolio and website with Wix. I would highly recommend this website builder to a beginner friend of mine!! Without a miss!!

Vorteile: I love the build of this platform. First of all, they offer built-in hosting services which reduces the hiccups of external domination of other hosting services. Second, they provide custom email ID which boosts our business and portfolio. They have an amazing workflow for creating portfolio, blog, e-commerce website and much more. The e-commerce platform they have is so secured and the payment gateways are so much optimised to be mobile-friendly and user friendly. So there will be no fear of getting hacked or bankrupt (of online stores). Their portfolio options are so good. Above all, after the creation of any form of website, they provide a strong hosting service [third parties are not allowed - which is more trustworthy about Wix]. They provide a mail base to keep up with our business or manage website. Wix can be upgraded at a much affordable cost compared to other websites. It requires no coding experience, which I love the most! All these are the facts which I love about Wix.

Nachteile: There are not much points which I like the least about Wix but I do have one issue about their domain subscriptions. It is always good to buy domains from other domain registries but not preferably from Wix. Because wix may give customized web domains but the pricing may increase at any point of time and inevitably we have to pay that. No fixed price for purchased domains.

Jeremy R.
Creative Director
  • Bewertet am 13.11.2020

"Powerful website builder"

Kommentare: Great experience. When a friend needed a new site, I helped him get everything set up and it was a breeze. He's not tech-savvy and after some tutorials was able to start making changes himself.

Vorteile: As a designer I loved that I could custom design almost anything I wanted. The interface is extremely user friendly and the template options are impressive. We moved our company website over to Wix and we were up and running immediately, building and launching new pages every day.

Nachteile: We eventually outgrew the Wix capabilities and for Sales reasons, needed to move over to Hubspot. We could not successfully sync Salesforce and all of our sales tools with Wix.

• Bewertet am 13.11.2020
Tom M.
OPerations
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2020

"Drag & Drop Ease"

Vorteile: Wix is setup that "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) which makes it very easy to design and create your website. If you do run into a problem they have an outstanding customer service process that you go to a website to try to solve it. If you can't you can chat or request a return call (no waiting on hold).

Nachteile: The forms could be a little more customizable.

• Bewertet am 17.9.2020
Mariah M.
Graphic Designer
  • Bewertet am 7.8.2020

"Wix sites are great for those who need something easy!"

Kommentare: I love Wix! I reccommend it to all of my clients and will continue to use the web client.

Vorteile: Wix streamlines the web creation process. If you can drag and drop, you can create a website. Wix is great for those that do not have the budget to hire a web designer but want a professional looking website. There are tons of templates that you can use. I highly recommend Wix.

Nachteile: One thing that I don't like is how you aren't able to get all of the features of a premium plan unless you pay for it up front. You also only receive the discount promotion if you pay all at one rather than setting up a monthly withdrawal plan.

• Bewertet am 7.8.2020
Marketing & Reservations Manager
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

"Easy and User Friendly"

Kommentare: I learned to use this platform in a class in college and although I had no experience in creating websites I was amazed by how easy it was using Wix. I had tried other platforms with no luck. There are so many templates to choose from, the platform is very user-friendly, and they even have marketing options now that make it so easy for anyone to build their own website and apply marketing skills, all in one place!

Vorteile: It is user-friendly even if you have never built a website before, it is easy to use, the templates are very helpful and you can easily edit anything.

Nachteile: I cannot think of any cons except that I would love more free tools but I believe it is worth the price.

Prabhav B.
Business Development Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.10.2020

"A Best software to your Business to go online"

Vorteile: The software is free for as many time you use, very user friendly and has got good themes for your website to design. And I can say this is the best tool for beginners and you don't need to be a tech guy to run your store.

Nachteile: There is nothing least feature I figured out with wix

Student
Computer-Software, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 24.11.2020

"Simply Drag and Drop"

Kommentare: The handling of the webpage is very easy and so it removes a great amount of load. I have not yet used or tried the Customer Service may be because I did not felt the need so far which is actually a good point. I once was about to call the customer care when it was showing me to upgrade when I already have purchased the premium service. But then the FAQ's popped up and my problem was solved.

Vorteile: 1) The interface is very easy to get along. Every option is properly placed in a way that learning curve is not that steep. Anybody can Master it in no time. 2) The smart alignment feature is awesome. 3) Large number of queries are already covered in the FAQs section. 4) Saves files with ease and the track of the release manager feature is great tool.

Nachteile: 1) Usage of dynamic pages is not that easy. 2) Lack of proper documentation of Corvid. I mean to say that the Corvid document is very comprehensive but does not cover the specific questions. The documentation is not easy to go through. 3) The guide to connect the premium package, that you already purchased, with the site that you are building should be kept upfront. I thought that as I have deleted the site which was previously connected to the premium package , i will need to buy the premium package again and that is so frustrating. 4) Not telling upfront that when I use the 'Editor X' I will have to pay extra. I once designed the entire website on the 'Editor X' and then came to know that I have to pay extra. It imprinted the bad impression because the same Wix credentials works on the 'Editor X' as well so how can anyone know this? 5) Also the 'Upgrade' Notification is annoying when you already have purchased the premium services.

• Bewertet am 24.11.2020
CTO
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.10.2020

"An easy, intuitive website creation tool for amateurs."

Kommentare: Great, intuative way of creating a webpage, which is what we needed in our case. As a small NGO we wish we could have received more support from Wix regarding hosting costs, however, regardless of the pricing, I do believe that this is one of the best products to use without learning how to code.

Vorteile: It's extremely easy to use WIX to create your website as someone who does not have a background in web-development. The drag and drop system that they use are great and intuitive, it takes less than a week to create a full-fledged website that is easily usable and easily editable. Moreover, it was important in our case that volunteers in our NGO could make easy changes of the website. In other words, that we could transfer the administration to new users flawlessly.

Nachteile: Firstly, after launching and using it for a year, we realised that the pricing is quite high and it got higher after our first year, which came a bit of a surprise to us. Moreover, by having a simple and easy to use interface, we were missing out on some features. However as the key qualities for us were ease of use, we kept the software regardless of it's cons.

• Bewertet am 10.10.2020
Jeff M.
Director of Marketing
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.9.2020

"Wix - the Solution for Ease of Web Launches"

Kommentare: If I were a small business looking for a simple, easy to manage website that just needs to highlight the top information of my business in a slick and creative way then Wix would be my solution. Wix is built for spinning up a cool site asap at a reasonable cost. Very impressive for the swim lane they play in.

Vorteile: Incredibly easy to start and set up an account and get designing. Wix is a breeze to work with and the design/template options are outstanding and professional. A simple site looks like a work of art in a short amount of time. It's definitely not for everyone but for personal or small business (nion-ecomm) sites Wix is a great solution.

Nachteile: This is not a platform if you need multiple or heavy integrations of ecomm, erp, APIs. Wix is definitely of value for small business. It also has a reoccurring subscription plan so we're tied into that monthly cost but it's well worth it.

Eli M.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.9.2020

"A very powerful tool for small and medium businesses"

Kommentare: I've been using Wix for the past 6 years for several of our businesses' websites and honestly it's a blessing! The features increase from year to year, the security level is awesome, the comfort of use is stellar and you can do it all by yourself! Even if you have a team that works on the website you can go in, figure out what's going on and make the necessary changes in the blink of an eye.

Vorteile: The ease of use is remarkable with Wix. Its layout is very user-friendly and intuitive. If you're a beginner and have no clue as to how to build website or if you're a person who's comfortable with tech jargon and IT puzzles Wix's platform is a one-size fits most.

Nachteile: There are still some features that are lacking such as nested pages within pages, site version in more than two languages (for example if you want your website in 4 different languages). I would've loved to have a bit more than 100 page limit for our websites. 100 might seem a lot for someone who wants to create a simple website, but for a dance school with several programs, bifurcations, details and information to put on there, it would've been nice to have just a bit more flexibility.

Jude M.
Freelance Design Consultant
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 14.9.2020

"Create Design presence with WIX"

Kommentare: I wanted to have an economical site in which clients could see my work. WIX provides this without taking the financial obligation. After Covid, I see remote working as being the norm in the apparel industry. Iam seriously considering opting for the premium plan to garner more business. I am impressed with how they continue to evolve the platform and integrate other platforms for a seamless way of working

Vorteile: I set up my WIX account 5 years ago. While I am in the design field my main focus is on apparel design not web development. I am happy that I do not need to have coding skills to set up my website and have maintained the site with minimal effort. Creating the site from scratch is challenging at first because you have to get accustomed to how the tools work. After, the platform is relatively easy to navigate and easy to update withnew design work. I send clients a link where they can easily navigate the tabs on the site and see the various product categories I design. I am very happy with the overall look and appearance. Now that we are working remotely I am romancing the idea of paying for account vs. for free. When you have a free account you have the WIX banner on your site. WIX also provides you with analytics so you can see how well your site is doing and provides you with both links and services to boost your visibilty.

Nachteile: I have been using WIX at a minimum without converting to a paying customer, it's been ok to present time but with remote working on the rise I feel I will need to add the premium service. I still haven't ordered since I am comparing which software product will provide the most for money. While $15 doesn't seem a lot, as a freelancer, all the applications I use start to add up.

• Bewertet am 14.9.2020
John L.
Business
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.8.2020

"Easley Create a Quality Website For Free!"

Kommentare: I easily created a website for my business using Wix. I am a computer technician, but I am not able to write one line of code and certainly have no clue how to create a website from scratch or even use WordPress to create a website. I desperately needed a website for my business (a service industry) but I did not want to hire someone simply because of the cost. I discovered Wix, opened a free account and created an excellent website in a very reasonable time frame.
(I use the free version and still receive lots of traffic and customer responses)
That was approximately 5 years ago.
Wix has recently upgraded there website format to a more modern interface.
With just a few clicks your website is upgraded to a better look and feel, at no additional charge to you.
If you want to use the premium version, you can get your own domain etc. at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend Wix if you want to develop your own website and avoid the high cost of having another company do it for you. -John Lawrence
Reliable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
(Moncton, N.B. Canada)

Vorteile: Absolutely easy to use and very easy to edit if necessary. I also love that the free version has generated a lot of business for my company. Nothing to lose in my opinion!

Nachteile: There was not one thing I did not like about this product. Perhaps if they created my website for me it would be perfect.
(Just Kidding)

• Bewertet am 31.8.2020
Ko-ko O.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 21.7.2020

"Professional Website for the Small Entrepreneur"

Kommentare: I have enjoyed using the Wix platform to create and manage my business website. I have also used it to design websites for my clients. The platform has a variety of features that can give any website a professional look and feel. The accompanying mobile app has helped me quickly respond to inquiries left on my website by prospective clients. The app also has the added feature of letting me know when someone is on my website and what part of the county they are browsing from. I have recommended Wix to many of my colleagues, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Vorteile: Wix makes it easy to have a beautiful, professional website without any coding experience. Using this software I was able to create an online portfolio to showcase my graphic design work. I have received compliments from many clients and prospects on the aesthetic and professionalism of my website.

Nachteile: I did notice that the website editor can get a bit slow and glitchy if you do not refresh the page often while working on your website. Also, the monthly subscription price point is a bit high, but considerable savings can be achieved with an annual subscription, especially when there is a sale.

• Bewertet am 21.7.2020
Navia B.
Flight Attendant
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.5.2020

"Get your site the way you want it !"

Kommentare: I have been using Wix since I was a kid to build fun websites and blogs and at the tender age of 23, I can say my opinion still stands and I absolutely love Wix. I will always recommend this to anyone starting out and would like to personalize their site to their liking without dishing out a bunch of money. I have not had any issues thus far using the software and I have been using it for well over 10 years.

Vorteile: If you have never dabbled in website or graphic design, Wix provides you with all of the tools you would ever need to successfully build and launch a website. You do not need to have a background in web design to accomplish the look of a professionally built site. Over the years I have built many sites and the feedback I would get is all courtesy of the easy to use built in website design tools. I have gotten so many people especially older and less tech savvy to build their site via Wix and they absolutely love it. There are so many features, even a feature to create your own personal logo for FREE; yes for free. Wix provides options for all levels of businesses so you can access all of the design features for free with certain exceptions. But as beginner anything you would need to build a site is 100% free and easy to use.

Nachteile: I wish Wix would add additional monthly plan options. I feel as though that as a beginner the free option suffices but I would like to pay for the additional features on a need to basis versus paying for an entire plan with features I do not care to use. This is not a major con but it is my least liked feature of this software.

• Bewertet am 28.5.2020
Caleb W.
PhD Student / Researcher
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2020

"Ranges from "good" to "superb", depending on use case"

Kommentare: Overall a great experience. Wix excels in creating visually stunning websites with ease. It is featureful and intuitive. One's experience does depend on the use case, however. Wix seems to be optimally configured for the artist-type: photographers, musicians, fashion/lifestyle bloggers, etc. It is less optimal for the "techie-type", e.g., programmers, engineers, mathematicians, etc. It is still pretty good in the latter cases, but I'd probably only recommend 7/10 for "techies". On the other hand, if you're an artist-type and fit squarely within the provided templates, then I would 10/10 recommend.

Vorteile: With Wix, it is fast and easy to create a visually compelling website. Coding skills or previous web design experience are not required. You start out by choosing a template specific to your needs (e.g., blogging, business site, photography, CV/portfolio, and others). The templates are high quality and there appears to be a wide selection. Once you make a selection, you enter the web editor and can start customizing the default elements ("Elements" here refers to things like text boxes, headers, backgrounds, embedded media, widgets, etc.) You can also add your own elements. All of this is done with intuitive graphical controls, no coding necessary. If I recall correctly, the process of custom domain registration was not difficult; they guide you through the steps. Or you can use a provided Wix domain for no additional cost. Whatever the specifics, I remember it being any easy process. They host your website on their own servers, so you don't have to worry about that part either.

Nachteile: The graphical user interface is slow. This may be unavoidable given the nuts and bolts happening behind the scenes while you move around and edit elements. But it definitely is annoying. Sometimes the graphical interface does not do exactly what you want -- simple examples being the exact positioning of elements and rendering of text or images. It also may be difficult to customize outside the bounds of the provided templates, e.g., I could not find an easy way to display math equations. There appears to be a "Dev Mode" where you can configure the nuts and bolts of the underlying code, but I have not tried this. Finally, the pricing seemed expensive for personal use, e.g., if you are a student just trying to set up a CV/portfolio site.

• Bewertet am 8.5.2020
Diogo S.
Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 21.4.2020

"It helped me to build a pro looking website"

Kommentare: It helped me to step up and build a pro looking website. After a couple of years of use, I found better options to my business, but have recommended to a friend since.

Vorteile: Wix is a versatile website builder, with lots of possibilities. You can build a website from scratch, organizing a main page, a blog and pretty much anything you may need. The templates also help you to have a starting point, but you can personalize most of it with what you want to communicate. If you follow the tips, you can boost your SEO, link it to facebook pixel and Google Analytics. Also, you can buy your domain together with their plan, which helps on saving time.

Nachteile: There are many bugs on posting photographs, especially in the distance between each photo on blog posts. It is a small thing, but, since I'm a photographer, it was a lot of wasted time solving these design issues. Also, there were some limitations on the templates that didn't help on capturing leads or building landing pages.

• Bewertet am 21.4.2020
Arran I.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 10.4.2020

"Reviewing Wix"

Kommentare: My Overall view is that Wix do give a great service and its very easy to use and to get a great site up and going in a few days if not in one day ! Only thing id say is that they are dragging their heals in updating the back end of the shop to make it better but the costs of Millions seems to be putting them off !! Bite the Bullet Wix !!

Vorteile: Great Platform, Never Crashes and fast to upload, Great information on how to use Wix and you dont have to be an Expert to use and to make a great website

Nachteile: No Cons,ive found over the years its always up and going 24/7 so never no down time, i find it very hard to dislike anything about the Wix platform

• Bewertet am 10.4.2020
Ada L.
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.4.2020

"Considering time efficiency in building a good-looking website, WiX is a no-brainer"

Kommentare: WiX serves best as a prototype when discussing with stakeholders on the design / look and feel for anything that appears online. Instead of putting the text in a word document and arguing the color tone or how pictures should be displayed, why not just open up a WiX account and start building a prototype to facilitate discussion? My experience is that this tool significantly reduces the turnaround time discussing / confirming with vendors on web design details. Another shortcoming is its SEO capability. But again, it's best for beginner and not for advanced user.

Vorteile: I would consider Wix as the most easy-to-use website builder, when compared with Wordpress & Strikingly. Over the years it has made huge improvements, especially now with its ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) feature where you'll first be asked a couple of questions regarding the purpose, the functions, the look and feel of your ideal website, then a ready version would be automatically generated for your further edit, i.e. via drag and drop of your preferred style.

Nachteile: At first I didn't even recognize the difference between Wix Editor & Wix ADI so I got confused and found difficulty following the step-by-step advice on Q&A session. It's simple to identity which is which: If you didn't answer those questions in the beginning, and chose your own designer template instead, then that's a website built under Wix Editor which allows full control over every aspect of the site. On the other hand, if you're like me who wants a quick solution and accept the readily generated website, then it's built under WiX ADI, but you then lose the autonomy to change, even it's just the minor stuff on the webpage. And here comes the problem: Sometimes, when the functions on WiX ADI just didn't work (e.g. after hitting a button a menu was supposed to appear on the left but it just didn't show up) then it's time to write an inquiry to Customer Service Support, instead of reading through the Q&A which mainly offers advice on WiX Editor.

• Bewertet am 3.4.2020
Jonathan L.
Executive Director
  • Bewertet am 29.3.2020

"Website Builder With Integrations Galore"

Kommentare: Like many new businesses, we didn't have the funds to hire a web developer to build us a custom website. We turned to online web builders to get our online footprint, and stuck with Wix because it was easy to use, offered great responsive features, and their options for outside integrations were numerous. Then we found out that we could offer different language versions of our site and we were hooked. Now, Wix handles our whole website presence: sales, blog, landing page, product pages, etc.

Vorteile: Of the website builders we've tried and implemented for ourselves and our customers, Wix has the best set of supplemental product integrations that we've found. They even have their own in-house solutions for things like forms, emails, and sales–if you don't already use an external provider. Connecting to your providers is also really simple and secure, so you have trust that your and your customer's data will not be comprised just because you're not using your own code. We also LOVE the language translation feature. This has been a boon as we grew our business in other countries and needed to communicate in different languages.

Nachteile: Web builders like Wix, Squarespace, etc. often sell with the promise of an easy-to-use, DIY website builder. At the beginning, that was true. Now, however, many of our customers are paying us to build and manage their sites because as the service grew more robust, with more features, our customers couldn't keep up. I would love to see the company stay focused on ease-of-use as they add more features. The moms and pops of online shops often can't manage to learn new features and run their business at the same time–despite that being an important part of growing a business.

• Bewertet am 29.3.2020
Reilly C.
Graphic Designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2020

"A quick and easy way to build a website"

Kommentare: I have created a couple of simple websites for clients to go along with branding projects, as well as keeping my personal portfolio up to date as a Wix site, and it has proved to be very effective for those purposes.

Vorteile: Wix has been a lifesaver as someone who has little coding experience. The platform as a whole makes it really easy to customize landing pages and websites to point clients to. If you are not a designer and just want to use a template, Wix provides plenty of well-designed options to choose from. I mostly appreciate the fact that you are able to start from scratch if you want to and design your own site, specific to your needs.

Nachteile: I would say that one of the only downsides to Wix is the fact that a lot of the widgets and add ons applications are not very well developed in many cases. I wish there were better and more simple ways to customize galleries and display photos sometimes. Often you can find a workaround for issues but there are efficiencies that are definitely still being developed.

Michael G.
Ceo
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2020

"Great for a wide array of industries"

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been great. I have used Wix for years across 3 very different industries with great success.

Vorteile: I really like the simplicity of it. You can start from basically a blank canvas or from any one of their many themed templates. It's all point and click and no coding.

Nachteile: It can be a little limited in terms of customization when bringing in things for another source. For example if you wanted to use it as a platform for a integrated database, unfortunately it doesn't always integrate.