GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) Erfahrungen

Über GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Grafikbearbeitungsplattform, mit der Designer*innen Bilder, Symbole und mehr mithilfe verschiedener Designelemente und -tools entwickeln können.

Erfahre mehr über GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Its functions allow for a wide range of designs and customisations to fit certain colour themes and integrates nicely with our thumbnails on video.

3 separate boxes initially, which can rapidly grow, jumble the screen up. The vast array of buttons make clicking the wrong thing too easy, especially if you are trying to work at pace.

Bewertungen zu GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

3,9
4,0

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 3.162 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (3.162)

Jordan
Jordan
VP
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Incredible option for ad creation without a lot of expense

5,0 letzten Monat
Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Nico
Nico
Consultant in Österreich

Einfache, schnelle und kostengünstige Bearbeitung von Bildmaterial

Simplicity. Wenn man schnell ein Icon umfärben muss oder einen News-Banner gestalten möchte ist man einfach schnell. Es nicht schwer die Bedienung dieser Software zu erlernen.

Manchmal habe ich Problem mit dem Werkzeug "Auswahl", wobei vielleicht fehlt mir da das Experten-Wissen da ich mir alles selbst beigebracht habe.

Alexa
Alexa
Programmierer in Deutschland
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Bildverarbeitung auch für Anfänger.

Es ist sehr benutzerfreundlich und einfach in der Handhabung. Es ist auch ohne Weiteres ein Programm für Amateure.

Das Programm bietet in meinen Augen nur positive Eigenschaften.

Oumarou
Oumarou
CEO in Kamerun
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

It’s free and it’s awesome

I cannot imagine that such a great software is 100% percent free of charge. It handles almost every image editing task you can imagine. I really love using it.

If something is free and open source like the gimp there is no way to find some thing least appreciable in the software

Daniel
Art Director in Kenia
Animation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

GIMP is Amazing and i wouldn't sleep on it

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Really helps when needed to alter an image such as removing a background colour or image or even creating an image from a photo and excluding or including other details onto the image.
Great for editing images.
Great for colouring comics as i do a lot of comics and illustration work, came in handy to give more clear colours especially with the quick selection tools.

- Being able to export to multiple formats. - The editing tools and effects that could be applied to images to adjust the colours, brightness, contrast and saturation. - The Features are great for making a digital painting or adding colours to comics, especially the tools that help the work proceed faster like magic wand select tool, colour selection, increasing the sharpness of an image or adding a other effects on the image.

- Has a bit of a learning curve and if you don't take some time to learn the software you may find yourself getting frustrated considering it has some differences from other similar software. -

Digital Merketer in Griechenland

Nice Photoshop alternative for basic image editing tasks

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: As a digital marketer, I’m using GIMP as an alternative to Photoshop to cover my daily Social Media purposes.
Although it is a nice Photoshop alternative that copies almost all of its tools, it is obvious that the user interface has a way weaker design, but for an open-source free software, it offers a decent solution.
GIMP is suitable for daily micro-tasks such as resizing, blurring, cropping, layers management, rotating, scaling, and background erasing.
More complex tasks such as object selection, cloning, shrinking/growing area, etc. may need more effort.
Judging by my overall experience these are the (+) and (-).
Pros
- Easy installation
- Open-source/free software
- Includes almost all the essential Photoshop tools
Cons
- Outdated UI
- Some tools (shrink, selection) are way more complex and time-consuming
- Absence of Shapes tool which is helpful in Photoshop
My comments are about version GIMP 2.10.32.
Concluding, I would totally recommend GIMP as a Photoshop alternative for simple daily image editing tasks, but I’m not sure if that’s the right tool for professionals.

- Easy installation - Open-source/free software - Includes almost all the essential Photoshop tools

- Outdated UI - Some tools (shrink, selection) are way more complex and time-consuming - Sometimes the exported result is not of the requested quality(maybe that depends on the user’s skills level) - Absence of Shapes tool which is helpful in Photoshop

Nitin
Nitin
Senior graphics designer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Remarkable easy to use photo editing software for beginners

Kommentare: Overall gimp is nice to have software for designers but its a life savour for deveopers who needs lots of images to add on websites. Its best for linux system and really helpful for developers and beginners.

Even if it lacks features, I loved that I can import photoshop plugins in gimp and extends its capability. Ultimately it reolace photoshop on Linux system for high end photo editing work. Also its really easy to learn the software even if you don't have any design background.

For large file size system gets freezed or slowed down. Needs restarting several times resulting frustration. Their online version needs lots of improvements like uploading and exporting multiple formats.

Asanka
Technical Consultant in Sri Lanka

Image editing doesn't have to be expensive - but it comes with few caveats.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Kind of steep learning curve and takes getting used to - specially if you are already used to some commercial solutions. But, once the initial learning is done it can be intuitive on it's own way. It's also feature rich and supports plug-ins, which can be used to extend it's functionality.

It's free and open source. It's also very regularly updated, and is as feature rich as some very expensive counterparts.

Support - you'd have to depend on some community resources as well as wait for issues to be fixed by community (you can always take the code and make the fixes yourself - but very few people actually can do that kind of work)

Francisco
OWNER in Kanada
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A great, for free, app to help you drawing and managing photos

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: My experience using this app is very good.

It is relatevely easy to use, although, sometimes you need some help to find some features. In general, it is a good tool if you want to draw, and, for sure, if you are trying to improve or change photos.

It, sometimes, need to be a bit more clear about how to do use some the many tools it has in it.

Patrick
Pres CEO in Kanada
Computer-Hardware, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

GIMP is an awesome Image Manipulation program

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I needed to replace a background in my logo so I investigated software to make this happen. I came across GIMP as an alternative to other more expensive software. I had no idea how to proceed but with a bit of reading the online document I was able to perform my tasks. I am actually looking forward to "playing" with some other images.

There are several things that I like about GIMP. The price - Free is always good. It is a relatively easy to use in comparison to other Image software. Being that this GNU software there is a ton of help on the website and around the internet. The documentation is well laid out and easy to follow.

Overall, I really like GIMP but I did find a very steep learning curve if you have not had any previous experience with image manipulation software. However, with a little perseverance you can accomplish a lot with this software.

Connor
Student in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Better bang for buck then Photoshop

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Overall, this software performs amazingly and is super simple and easy to use. I recommend anyone wanted to get into editing images to use this program and not waste their money on name brands.

I love that I can get similar functions for a much better price. The setup is easy to use and great for those learning the skills to edit images.

I think the only con I can honestly think of is preset for file type when saving. I tend to just export the project as png, jpeg, or pdf, and works just fine this way.

Priscila
Tester in Brasilien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Excellent photo handler

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Use from simple photo changes to transformations to do laser engraving work.

Large number of tools and community that helps with tutorials.

One disadvantage is that I find the program heavy, but nothing out of the ordinary for this type of software.

Denis
Freelance designer in Estland
Design, Selbstständig

GIMP review

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: In comparison to the Adobe Photoshop or comparable programs the functionality is very limited or realised differently, but the product is just fine when there's no other options.

I like that it's free of charge and is usable on both PC and Mac. It's not heavy/big and operates well.

The saving option and work with layers are somehow badly realised.

Nana Twum
Freelance in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Good news about Gimp

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Say I had to give this a total rating out of 10, from the standpoint of a freelance designer I am coming in around 8.4. The only things to not like about this software is it is not adobe and that's fine! You can design edit photos, draw, do digital illustrations ,and also make professional promotional pieces for both web and print. This software is free and has great midrange where a creative person should be ale to get the job done. If had to relate it to a car, randomly because I love cars this software is like a modded Mazda speed 3 manual transmission. So that being said it's not the BMW but punches well, easily acceassible (again a free software) has all you need and win race in it's class, and also a sleeper underdog when set against subscription services.

There are a lot of features about this soft ware or platform that I can highlight from the perspective of a Designer .I have a design business and I just recently started playing around with canvas as a tool but GIMP has most of what anyone doing photo manipulation would need. What I like best about Gimp is primarily, that it is a free software. As far as free there are plenty of brushes ie that come stock, as well as it being easy to download brush bundles, unique brushes online, The software in easy to use and it mimics photoshop in a lot of ways so the software is easy to navigate. The Gimp community has done an amazing job actually making learning forums and tutorial. Gimp also. has it's own plug ins available for download and you can look online and find blogs, q and a posts, and how tos relatively quickly. Within the platform there are wide range of edits and effects you can add to your photos and also very important is that Gimp is not made as. Stand alone product, the software is receptive to other software so your not cut off as a designer and have to do your whole project from beginning to end in that software. I think it's a great free source where you can save some money and produce some work.

Cons A obviously there are some negatives but I think they are fair being that its a free software. My main problems with it are, of course, it is not adobe and doesn't offer a cloud experience meaning that I can access other work I do a vector design or something but then have to, drag and drop it in, and have it open in another window rather than just to upload it from the saved works. Another problem I guess you could highlight is, some of the plugins and fonts don't work 1-1 with adobe so you might have to find a group of fonts that work well with Gimp. Importing fonts can have the size of your son change, you might be missing some symbols or, you might fonts that aren't supported displays as code. I think that the fact that its free you take The salt with the sugar, and you work around what you have to. Now, it can be frustrating, due to the fact that it is not the industry standard so sometimes it's harder to print Gimp files, but to make up for that, newer versions of Gimp actually allow you to export as a PSD. The brushes are not the same as photoshop and the the effects are very similar but not the same.

Joshua
Artist in USA
Bildende Kunst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Doesn't get much better

Kommentare: This software has been a godsend to my art.
No more making ten versions of something and then extracting outlines by hand, using hundreds of dollars in expensive colored pencils to adjust an unwanted color scheme, wasting all that time and damaging nerves for what is not a quick selection away.

Quick tools for removing unwanted colors from images for monochrome printing. It's a huge time and money saver in the tattoo industry. I can pull a full color image and have a basic outline stripped in less than two minutes.

Text on a path. The bane of my existence is the massive effort it takes to print text on a simple curve in GIMP. It's the ONLY thing I dislike about it.

Robert
Freelancer in Nicaragua
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

GIMP Rocks My World Everyday, and It Will Do the Same For You, Too!

Kommentare: I click on the GIMP icon on my laptop taskbar everyday, and that takes about ten seconds for GIMP to be ready to go. I can pop an image in with one Control V, and I am ready to go. Or I can bring up a project with one click. It is super easy to use. And there is some serious functional power under the hood of GIMP. Yes, there is a learning curve, like I've mentioned, but it just is not that big a deal, at least for me...and I am not some super brain, either. Okay, so I give GIMP my Two Thumbs Up Award for what I do. I use it a lot, and if you haven't been using GIMP, load it up and start using it.

What I like about this software is I can use it on my own laptop and it doesn't require a huge amount of storage space and it is freeware, and I love all the stuff I can do. I keep finding out things I can do that make me one happy image creator. I work a lot with images and so one thing for sure is how I can quickly and efficiently remove backgrounds or grab part of the image that I want to use. GIMP gives me at least five different ways I can do this. I can go on and on about what I can do with GIMP when it comes to taking an image and layering other images, and coming up with some fairly decent and unique designs.

Hmmm. Well, the there is a learning curve. And, yeah, I'd love it if I could just wave my magic pen and, hey, presto! --- the job was done exactly the way I want. But part of the process of creating images is inside the process of using the tools, and finding new and super cool ways to do something. What I mean is that by getting deep into GIMP and messing about, I have stumbled on some results that have made me some original images that help me get eyes on the prize...you know, converts visitors into return visitors, and into customers.

Designer in Brasilien
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Free and Open Source Photoshop Alternative

Kommentare: From large outdoor displays to business cards and websites layouts, GIMP has got us covered here at the studio. It is our go to application for graphics manipulation and everytime we need to edit or create an image from scratch, this is where we go for.

The ease of use and installation make GIMP a no brainer for a small design studio like ours. It is very similar to the Adobe Photoshop Suite, lacking some resources but still very strong for daily tasks.

The lack of resources would be the most negative part, but there are many workarounds combining other free softwares like Krita and Inkscape that make it well worth a try. The investment is time to learn and get comfortable at using it.

Joel
Artist in USA
Animation, Selbstständig

Gimp: Illustration and Photo Editing for Everyone

Kommentare: Gimp is a resource with endless possibilities. As an artist I use this program to create textures for character models both in cartoon and realistic styles. I’ve used Gimp to create 2D animations which were later imported into a UI (User Interface). I’ve gone as far as create digital portraits for clients. This software is flexible and reliable and I have continued to use it for over 5 years now.

As an illustration and image editing program, the advantage that Gimp provides is software that rivals Adobe’s Photoshop. Users can create illustrations from scratch utilizing various brushes and a palette that allows users to manipulate bit depth and color settings such as RGB and CMYK. Gimp can edit several image files including GIFs, PNGs and JPEGs. The program goes a step further and allows users to import PSD files a format native to Photoshop. If a designer cannot access Photoshop and they have a PSD they can resume work in Gimp. Using a drawing or image, 3D modelers and animators can craft tileable textures in Gimp. Users can view the final result without saving over the original file. Lastly additional pros of Gimp are that the program is free to download, it does not require that users log into a service to use it and it can run on lower end computers.

The program comes with a steep learning curve. There are several buttons and menus that may intimidate first time users. However with time this program can be mastered. Also the Gimp website features several resources to assist in learning the software.

Research Associate in USA
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Take the time to learn, and GIMP is rewarding

Kommentare: For me, GIMP was a replacement for Photoshop. That being said, I've been totally impressed by the way GIMP has grown over the years. In its current iteration, GIMP can accomplish any image editing task I've thrown at it -- often, this required me to spend time learning how to best accomplish that task in GIMP, but that time has always been rewarded with high quality outputs. Still, I have probably spent as much time fumbling around in confusing with GIMP as I have actually working.

Unlike a number of other free image manipulation programs, GIMP is both extremely powerful and (relatively) simple to use. Users of Photoshop will not find it to be the most difficult transition. GIMP has just about every feature an average or casual user could want from an image editor. GIMP works well not just for editing photos, but also for digital drawing and graphic design. In most regards for most users, GIMP can do whatever Photoshop or other commercial programs can. That being said, the functionality of GIMP should not be perceived as Photoshop lite. GIMP offers more tools, brushes, presets, etc than an average will ever need, and that's before installing any extensions. My current work requires minimal graphic design work -- largely infographics and visual representations of data -- and GIMP has every tool I could possibly need to produce data visuals / improve those produced by other software.

While GIMP has become more user friendly over the years, there are two points new users may find intimidating. First GIMP -- as the full name suggests -- is part of the GNU/Linux lineage and ethos. Users unfamiliar with all this will probably be confused, especially as it relates to saving proprietary formats. Beyond that, amateur image editors will probably find themselves overwhelmed by all of the tools offered by GIMP. Some of these basic tools work in unexpected ways based on prior knowledge of other software -- on its face this isn't problematic, but the different way of operating sometimes isn't logical. New users will likely find themselves bewildered by the breadth of menu options, and the sub-options that go with them. I am certain of this, being that I've been using GIMP for years and I still occasionally find myself confused.

Carlos
Carlos
Lecturer in Frankreich
Forschung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

The image editing software that almost everyone should be using (instead of Photoshop)

Kommentare: Whereas some people consider GIMP as a toy software, or a cheap (free) Photoshop replacement, it is not. Instead, GIMP has proven to be a capable, professional software that does not want to be a mere Photoshop clone. On the contrary, they do have their own roadmap, own shortcuts and
their own user interface, and even some successful plugins and features of its own (such as resynthesizer) have been later integrated in Photoshop. Whereas some consider it as being difficult to learn or not user-friendly, it is in fact a proof that it follows its own path to success.
While I admit that from time to time I do miss some of Photoshop features, like non-destructive operations or basic vector operations, I am confident that GIMP fits in the great majority user cases without compromising final results.

I have been using GIMP for many years for my image editing projects (both, pet projects and professional projects) and I have come to realize that it features such an enormous variety of toolboxes, filters, options... that allow any type of image editing, even really complex ones, with impeccable results. Consequently, there is no need to switch to other software like Photoshop or the like. Not to mention that it is a multi-plattform Free/Libre OpenSource Software. Some features I like the most of GIMP - Multi-plattform: available for Linux, Windows, Mac, portable... - FLOSS - Customizable user interface - Selection and manipulation tools (like Unified Transform tool) - Real-time edition - Professional results Additionally, recently GIMP has seen a major improvement on user interface that makes it even easier (and appealing) to use.

- Small development team with small budget: as a result development happens at a slow pace, even though developers do have great ideas and roadmap. - Lacks non-destructive filters/effects like in Photoshop - Lacks some vector operations (only works with bitmaps) - While there is plenty of documentation and tutorials, most image editing tutorials and manuals are addressed to Photoshop only, and whereas in most cases the same techniques can be reproduced/adapted, it requires extra effort that some users do not want to make. - The fact that it is not so broadly used as Photoshop may be a problem if collaborating with others, even though GIMP opens and saves Photoshop's native file format (although, admittedly, some filters/effects may be lost).

Content Creator in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

GIMP is where it's at for beginners!

Kommentare: Overall, I have had nothing short of an enjoyable experience using GIMP over the past few years. It is versatile enough that I can use it for everything from making flyers and posters to making thumbnails and title card art for YouTube and Facebook videos.
For someone with a limited budget and even more limited technical knowledge when I began, I could not be happier with GIMP and still use it to this day for ninety percent of my projects.

GIMP offers quite a bit as far as options and competes with some programs out there that can cost sixty dollars or more. When I began using the program, I was brand new to graphic design and generally making artwork and editing visual media on a PC. Through the use of tutorials and other sources that I was able to find on the official forums for GIMP, I was able to learn the program in about half of the time that it has taken me to learn other, lesser programs. Along with great customer support and tutorials, the interface on GIMP is much easier to get the hang of for beginners and the more time that you put into learning the various functions, the more GIMP grows with your skill level and on top of providing various tutorials, the GIMP community is one of the best communities that I have ever interacted with. Amongst the free editing programs that I have used and even amongst ones that I have paid for, GIMP has been by far the easiest and most reliable one. All of the work that I produce with it has a consistent level of quality and a lot of the functions provided by GIMP have been helpful in helping me to understand more about using techniques. All in all, I would say that for the price, GIMP is an amazing program for a beginner or someone on a budget.

The thing that I like least about GIMP is probably that in a recent update, a few of the features that I had grown to depend on were taken out which resulted in taking the time to figure out how to proceed. It wasn't a deal-breaking feature, just something that I liked to save time but being that I didn't use it outside of one or two occasions months apart, it wasn't anything that I was willing to stop using GIMP over and I found out how to proceed and get what I needed to do accomplished through searching for help amongst the forums that are set up.

Josip
Josip
Sales Manager in Kroatien
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Free alternative for Adobe Photoshop

Kommentare: With Gimp I am creating weekly flyers with products from our company. We can save an enormous amount of money by doing this by ourselves and not some external design company.

Gimp is an open-source image manipulation program what means it is absolutely free to use. Also, you will receive regular updates which add new features and fixes bugs including security issues. It has all the abilities that for example Adobe Photoshop and other commercial programs have. It can offer even more because it is easily extensible and flexible for every environment with lots of great community plugins and scripts.

The user interface of Gimp is not the most beautiful one but its function is very good. It has a lot of menus and submenus so for beginners it may be a little harder to achieve some more complex operations such as retouch of a face or double exposure. Also, compatibility with Adobe file formats exists but don't except that it works perfectly. Most of the time it works flawlessly if you are opening the document from older versions of Photoshop because newer version needs some updating and updates occur approximately every 2 months which is still faster than what Adobe is doing with their Photoshop.

Summer Intern in USA
Grafikdesign, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Lots of capability for no money at all

Kommentare: For business applications, it's hard to recommend GIMP for any serious work. While capable, investing in more user-friendly and functional software would be better overall.

GIMP is an image manipulation program in the same vein as Adobe Photoshop, with many of the same features and tools to allow you to get very similar results to its more professional counterparts. There are many benefits to being free open source software. On top of serving GIMP for free, the code freely available for viewing and modification. Having many decentralized developers means that many improvements such as features and bug-fixes happen quickly. So long as there are people passionate about the project, development will continue. Also, documentation and tutorials are plentiful for GIMP, as the community for this program is very passionate. Simple searches will yield basic start-up tutorials as well as advanced tutorials for more complicated tasks. GIMP development stagnated for a few years, but with more recent development GIMP has made strides to become more modernized and easy to use. In earlier days of GIMP, it wasn't even possible to draw a circle without a significant number of steps, but this and much more has been added to the program!

GIMP is not as intuitive as competitors like Photoshop, requiring scripting and additional steps to accomplish certain functions. If you plan to become a designer or graphics artist and need to do image manipulation professionally, then GIMP will hinder your abilities to do so. Software parity is important in the professional world, and while GIMP can handle .PSD files it would be better to just use the first party application that the rest of the industry is using. GIMP gains a lot of leeway for being free, since there is no development being backed by a major company. The UI is comparatively clunky and features less accessible compared to paid alternatives. Do not think that you'll be getting the same results as easily in GIMP as you would in other programs.

Nimanthi
Nimanthi
Graphic Designing in Sri Lanka
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

open-source image editing platform

Kommentare: Generally, GIMP is an excellent alternative open-source editing platform for professionals. It's free availability on all operating systems enable users to work seamlessly.

I have been using GIMP for a few years now. Earlier on, my experience with this software was not quite right. Now that I am more advanced in graphics and photo edits, I have come to appreciate this open open-source image editing platform. Believe me, when I say this software is excellent, it is because the results are impeccable. GIMP has it all! Its excellent array of features are so good that they can rival adobe photoshop capabilities. These features allow you to tune photos, images and create an artwork of your own. As a graphic designer, you will be able to seamlessly crop images, make colour adjustments, customises brushes and adjust gradients among others editing. Here are some of the advantages of using Gimp over other image editing software. 1.It has incredible, and quality features making it the best among open -source programs 2.Single-window mode operation which is great for single pc operation. 3.GIMP is 100% free. 4.It supports plenty of image formats such as GIF and PDF. Additionally, GIMP is customizable such that you can add and remove menus or icons on the fly. 5.It is easily extensible to ease image manipulation with the third party. 6.Last but not least, GIMP works efficiently on all major operating systems. Whether you choose Linux or windows, results are always impeccable.

the script-fu is not user-friendly. GIMP lacks intuition on new users and can make their experience pretty cumbersome. Some filters and effects don't explain or guide how the image should be modified. It would be awesome if it would support PSD photoshop images. It does not open some files such a JPEG.

Luis Ignacio
Luis Ignacio
Diseñador gráfico in Venezuela

The most complete emerging program for graphic design.

Kommentare: One of the greatest benefits that I have received is having a program that works very well in the main operating systems of the market, which has helped me a lot when meeting requirements in work meetings, in which clients ask me specific improvements in my designs. Another beneficial element for me, and for the companies in which I have been working, is the economic savings, the money is invested in operational improvements, which translates into better service for customers and a better quality of life for workers who can perceive significant improvements.

I like to have a high-quality program completely free, that has helped me a lot to invest in equipment that I need for my work. Similar programs, such as Photoshop, offer the same thing but the issue of licensing restrains any graphic design entrepreneur who seeks to work. Another aspect that I like very much is that I have the support of a large community, that of free software, which gives me a lot of peace of mind when I do not know any steps at the moment of designing. Many do not know but have a training platform that even certifies your participation, which gives you the advantage to improve your curriculum. Also, its constant updating has allowed me to diversify the formats with which I can work, I have not found any aspect that I can not achieve with Gimp, I am very satisfied with everything it offers me.

Over the years improve all applications that are contained, I have not found negative aspects that warrant my opinion. On the contrary, I am very happy to have software that cares about its users and does not limit its use with expensive licenses. With great care and respect, I believe it is one of the best options in the market for graphic design workers.

Sébastien
Sébastien
Directeur in Mexiko

The Best Free Alternative of the past Decade to Any Commercial Image Editing Software

Kommentare: The fact that GIMP is freely available on all major operating systems ensures that you can work seamlessly from any computer in the native format provided (XCF) or any other supported format. I have used GIMP many times to edit PDF files, either to add annotations or to conceal confidential information, which is easy to accomplish with a filter such as "Pixelize". For certain programming tasks, it came handy to create paths with the Bezier tool, exporting the information to the SVG format, which can be read with a programming text editor in a breeze. I have also benefited from its great stability, once creating more than a hundred layers on a single image. Since it can handle as many layer groups and layer masks as you wish, it is possible to iterate over one idea over and over again, discarding only specific modifications. There is also a useful "Undo history" tab that takes a visual snapshot of the state of the image at each particular point in time and gives a meaningful name to each step, facilitating the retrieval of a desired state.

GIMP really has it all: apart from being open source (free) to start with, it supports a plethora of image formats, including animated GIF, PDF, PS, RAW, TIFF and even text (TXT). It features a single-window mode, which is convenient when working with only one monitor, while the multi-window mode is incredibly useful to divide any work being done on two different monitors. It offers many filters and third-party extensions to ease some more tedious aspects of image manipulation. If you are into programming, then you can even take advantage of the exposed libraries, which allow you to programmatically modify images with any tool available in GIMP using Python or Scheme as programming languages. It is also customizable to the core: you can add and remove menus and icons on the fly; you can define the exact resource consumption of the application by specifying details for memory usage and even the number of CPU threads to use; you can have completely distinct configurations for normal mode and full-screen mode; you can create brushes or import from existing creations available online, the same being true with textures; you can configure and add keyboard shortcuts for almost any action you may require to perform and configure many settings to correspond to the default behavior you want in most situations.

GIMP wasn't made to work with Photoshop images (PSD). It does support them, but the experience isn't as good as with Photoshop. Some types of filters apply many different steps and can't easily be undone, which is sometimes frustrating. Unless you are an expert, the Script-Fu Console is not intuitive at all for newcomers and makes it hard to guess what you can actually do. Some filters and effects won't have a complete description immediately available explaining how the image is expected to be modified. This can be inconvenient when trying out new things, as a few filters take a long time to run and may cause the system to hang for a while depending on how the system allocates priority to the application. On the same subject of filters, it is also hard to guess how long a specific effect may take to render as many filters apply a number of steps in a row, resetting the progress bar at each step. Some filters may also have corner cases to consider, for instance when working on a very large image resolution: when rendering a pattern, it can show signs of incongruence if the image isn't scaled down a bit first.