Über Taxaroo

Tax practice management platform designed to save time, make more money and improve quality of life for firm members and clients.

Erfahre mehr über Taxaroo

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Taxaroo bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Brandon S.
Brandon S.
President in USA
Buchhaltung

I am blessed that my Firm came across Taxaroo. Saved me days of turnaround time

Kommentare: Tax information in one location. No need to search files or drives anymore.

The Pros is that now all my tax clients have their own login to get their past tax information. No need to call us for a copy.

Not too many cons at all. I believe when the app comes in the future people will be able to have timerer information

Dane J.
CEO in USA

Taxaroo used to be Awesome

Kommentare: Again, Taxaroo WAS a great product and still has the potential to be a great product and tax client portal for many tax firms. But, unfortunately, technical support and development/support is virtually nonexistent due to its purchase by Happy Tax.

Taxaroo makes taking your tax preparation firm virtual a very simple, straightforward experience. Clients can sign themselves up or you can sign them up with just their email address, and they are presented with a digital organizer immediately upon signup. After that, they upload their tax documents. You as the tax pro get all of that information from your side of the portal easily, then can bill the client and have them electronically sign their returns, all in one spot. The digital organizers are even editable. The pricing is also great - I did the $12 per engagement plan, so each client each year is just $12. Beats the heck out of other portals that are priced monthly or yearly.

The software has lacked development in the past few years - it has a lot of potential but doesn't get a lot of attention paid to it. I recently found out it was sold in 2018 from the original development team to another developer, who still cared about what features its users wanted to see and wanted to help implement them. I even sent him a huge email with what I would like to see. Then, sometime in 2019, Taxaroo was purchased by tax preparation franchise Happy Tax, and they dedicate virtually no time to it whatsoever. Technical support is all but nonexistent and nothing is in development at this point. Myself and other tax accountants that use it are worried that it may be taken off the market altogether, since Happy Tax probably wants to make it a proprietary product used only by their franchisees. It's a huge shame, because the software had (and has) tons of potential. Some of the other cons of the software: no messaging system, so if you need something from a client, you have to resort to emailing them, which is not secure. Parts of the organizer are not editable, which always drove me nuts. And the biggest problem of them all: Taxaroo, even to this day on its website, touts that its electronic signatures on tax returns are KBA-compliant (other tax accountants should know what I mean by this) - but they are not! Their electronic signature experience is not "real" KBA - it is just the client entering their own personal info, and that's not real KBA! Huge misinformation.

James H.
CO-OWNER in USA

Too many Sudden Changes

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We are in the process of moving forward with another company at this point.

I loved the client interviews and the customization. The fact that I could have document uploads and e-signatures all in the same place was very beneficial. It was super easy to deploy for our practice. It was easy to maintain and use so we did not require a lot of training. They have a good knowledge base. The financial reporting was great also.

We had a few hiccups and bugs here and there but it was great overall until they switched management companies. They changed the website and it presented a ton of IT bugs for me and my clients. That posed a problem since the tax season was not over yet and we were still working to get extended clients wrapped up. We received multiple complaints about bugs and we had multiple ourselves. They changed the pricing model. After using their per engagement plan, and paying over $1K, they switched without even warning me. I logged in and just happened to check the new changes and features and saw I was about to be billed $99 per month. I complained and they cut me a deal on the annual plan for me and my staff but it was a little too late. More bugs with downloading files from my clients to our computers. The new features promised were tested by me and did not even work. If I'm expected to renew it should be at the beginning of the season.

Richelle A.

Taxaroo Has Some Room For Improvement

Kommentare: I really tried hard to work with them and make the most of this software. I truly did hope that it went well.

I liked the Drake integration. I liked that it worked in the cloud.

It was glitchy, clunky, and overall worked poorly.

Tashima F.
CEO in USA

Decent product

I think the product is great for already having the profiled questions.

I do not think it was worth the money at all.

Candace G.
President in USA

Horrific Customer Service

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Could be so awesome, but the glitches and lack of customer service is terrible.

I love that it integrates with Drake, has KBA signatures, and invoicing.

Customer service is TERRIBLE. There were many times I would send a tax return for signature to a client and the client would get an error message. Or worse, after the client signs the tax return disappears. This is obviously a huge problem and customer service was zero help.

Luis R.
Accountant in USA

Mess

Kommentare: I started using the software because it provides a tool to manage the tax practice. However, I had some concerns with the application and communicated to developers but nothing happened. For example, you do not have a tool to communicate to clients if you need additional information from them. You have to exit from the program to start writing in your yahoo, Gmail, or your favorite mail account. This program does not support emailing to clients.

The software is easy to use and intuitive

The signature feature is very difficult to use and not always works

Jasmine E.
Tax Preparer in USA

What customer support?

Kommentare: I was very excited to use Taxaroo for my tax business because of all the functions it offered in one place. However, once i began using it I encountered an issue with the signature function. When clients signed on their phone, it did not reflect the signature once i received it. I had reached out to customer service multiple times with no reply back whatsoever . You can only chat with support and it tells you that they typically respond within a few hours. Days would pass with no reply, though that chat showed that someone had "seen" my message. Very unprofessional and uncaring.

It is supposed to consolidate multiple functions I need for my business into one system which would be great. Gave the clients and easy to use portal.

The signature function would not work. Wish they had a mobile app

Fatima G.
Owner/Operator in USA

Horrible Bugs All Season LONG

I love the client interview and ability for e signature

ALL the bugs. has literally been a huge pain and inconvience

Manuel S.
Optometry in Puerto Rico
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Reliable, but not so friendly

I think this product is reliable with a reasonable cost.

It was a little bit difficult to learn; and found it somewhat unfriendly.

Aneka W.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Help me to really streamline!

Kommentare: Love!! For the price and the customization as well as the signature feature that they added. It was amazing having this service

I love the templates that already exist with the tax organizers. The ease of creating and even customizing my own template is awesome!

They lack the integration of gmail and other apps that I use frequently with my clients

Amanda K.
EA in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Customer service is non-existent and too many glitches

KBA option was nice. Year allocations were nice.

When you have an issue, the only customer service option is chat and that takes anywhere from a couple hours to several days to get a response. clients would upload documents- they could see them, we could not. Taxaroo not willing to have an actual conversation to fix any of the issues we were having.

Angelina K.
CEO & Founder in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

New Us for 2021

Streamlines my process. My 1st year we had too many manual processes, now the clients can create the accounts from the website easily from smartphone or computer. Client in-take calls are shorter and the software helps us save time.

No app. Our tax software does have an app, but would be nice to integrate with our software.