Über NextChapter

Insolvenzsoftware für moderne Anwälte. Webbasierte App für Anwälte, um Insolvenzverfahren online vorzubereiten, zu verwalten und einzuleiten.

Erfahre mehr über NextChapter

The only thing that I can think of is the slight delay when the petition is being filed online.

Bewertungen zu NextChapter

4,9

NextChapter hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 121 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Hast du NextChapter bereits verwendet?

Ronald
Ronald

A wonderful product that offers real functionality for cloud based bankruptcy software.

Kommentare: Freed me from Windows software and all of the compromises that involves. Gives us the chance to be a 100% Macintosh office after many years of hybrid solutions.

We are all really enjoying using NextChapter. I've uploaded a number of documents that we frequently download and use, including Client Service Agreements, Credit Counseling Instructions, Suggestions of Bankruptcy etc. We tried Cincompass about a year ago and hated it. We were with BestCase for over 10 years but were frustrated that there was no cloud solution for them. Then about 2 or so years ago BestCase announced they had a "cloud solution" which was really a Citrix virtual workstation. While Citrix "worked" it just added a whole layer of confusion and required training for my team; plus it did not have 100% uptime. Plus, it was very expensive, starting per month and almost per month as I added users. This was on top of the BestCase maintenance agreement, which also grew over the years. So NextChapter has been a great improvement for our firm.

The software has a few growing pains (when compared with BestCase), and you do need to adjust your workflow a bit, but not too much. That's why I give 4 instead of 5 stars for Features & Functionality, but I expect it will continue to grow and improve.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thank you for the kind words and compliments! You are right that we're always improving and growing, thanks to awesome customers like you!

Nephi
Managing Member in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Efficient bankruptcy software with cool tools and high-end customer service

Kommentare: It's been a positive experience; lots of efficiency gains.

1. The ability to enter data to create statements and schedules. All bankruptcy-preparation software does this, but NextChapter is pretty good about (a) cross-populating schedules so you only have to enter data once, and (b) having default values for common items (sounds small, but saves a lot of time). 2. One-click bankruptcy filing. Naturally, you have to check and re-check your work before you're ready to file, but once you're ready, filing is a single click. Love it. 3. Texting clients and automatic text recipes. I can arrange for clients to automatically receive a text message on the day before the 341 meeting with the meeting date and time and common reminders. Cool, right? 4. All online. This is a big deal if I need to work on something from home or work on it with a paralegal. 5. Customer service really is high-end. I have used New Hope (bought by Best Case?) and Best Case, and NextChapter is on par.

NextChapter is relatively young, so it's working out some minor bugs. Nothing big, though. I wish that when I selected an exemption, it would automatically populate the exemption to be the value of the asset. Obviously, an attorney has to check this, but it would save me a mouse-movement and a click. There are some smaller bugs dealing with filing (NextChapter won't file an omnibus signature page for me), but I can probably iron those out with their concierge team (just haven't gotten around to it yet).

Antwort von Fastcase

Nephi, thank you SO much for this great review! We are really happy to hear you are using NextChapter to its fullest capabilities with the texting and filing features. We appreciate all of your suggestions too! We can get those added to our Future Development Board so that our team can review and implement in the future :)

Tyler

Have Not Used Long

Kommentare: It is a good value for the money. I think once I get used to it, it will be easier to use.

It is cloud based, and relatively easy to follow.

Sometimes it is hard to tell where the software is pulling information from. I spend a lot of time flipping back and forth from section to section to try to figure out where certain information came from.

Mike
Paralegal Office Manager in USA

NextChapter Review

Kommentare: Excellent experience from the very beginning. There was plenty of information available before the purchase of the service allowing our firm to make an informed decision about the software. The support staff has been very informative and responds very quickly to help requests. The software is very intuitive and the online help center provides good explanations of the entry process.

Speed of software, intuitive interface, and the very helpful customer support.

CMI entry and multiple social security number entries are slightly cumbersome, relative to the ease of all other functions. POC's in the PACER Notices have to be opened and labeled.

vor 3 Monaten

What an awesome review, Mike! We really appreciate that. We are pleased to hear that you have found plenty of information in our Help Center and that the staff has been knowledgeable and fast-acting.

Owner/Attorney in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

NextChapter took my practice to the next level

The top benefit of this system is the web-based setup, which has allowed me to detach from the office as much as I want or need to. I'm a solo attorney & military reservist, so being able to maintain work "on the road" is critical. This software allows me to work literally anywhere, anytime. Due to the amount of time I was out of the office, I was limited to how many cases I could manage. NextChapter allowed me to increase my case volume to a level on par with the top filing firms in my market, even with a very non-traditional "in-office" schedule. This was HUGE prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, but it was also a lifesaver post-pandemic, when we quickly shifted from in-office meetings with clients to exclusively online/telephonic meetings. This software allowed us to navigate those changes without a hitch. It also has allowed my legal assistant to work almost exclusively from home. She still only works 1-2 days per week in the office. This platform also performs many of the functions of the very expensive case management systems as well, albeit not as robust as some of the options on the market. But this aspect has allowed me to function as a relatively high volume bankruptcy practice without an additional, very costly, case management system.

There are a few "tricks" that you need to understand about the software to make the petition documents come out the way you intend, so there's a learning curve. Training & information is readily available, customer support is very responsive about those things, but it's still a bit frustrating. Occasionally, server communication issues have disrupted work on cases at inopportune times. There are a lot of capabilities that the software has that I don't or haven't yet used, mainly because I haven't had time to learn. I hope to utilize the messaging system more in the future to facilitate communication with clients.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thanks so much for this review, Michael! We are so happy NextChapter has enhanced your practice and has allowed you and your staff to work from virtually anywhere!

Jerry
Attorney CPA in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

NextChapter: Great Cloud-Based Bankruptcy Software!

Kommentare: The customer service team is very responsive and friendly. The software is intuitive and easy to learn, even for a paralegal with no bankruptcy experience.

NextChapter is built from the ground up to be cloud based. I can use it anywhere that I can get access to the internet, even on a tablet or cell phone. I also like that they promise you will always have access to your clients' data, even if you quit subscribing to the software. I like the flow of data entry. NextChapter minimizes entering the same thing more than once.

NextChapter does not allow you to store a Debtor's complete Social Security number or any document containing a Social Security number. This means you may have to re-input the Social Security number multiple times, increasing the chance of committing a data entry error.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thanks for this great review, Jerry! We love that you find NextChapter easy to use and easily accessible. :)

Timothy
Attorney and Mediator in USA

Efficient Bankruptcy Software

Kommentare: The Cloud based system is awesome. While I used NextChapter the majority of the time my computer, I have been able to use my tablet or phone to get information about my client including docket documents that I did not have a hard copy with me. I also love the customer support. They are very receptive to not only answering questions, but also accepting suggestions of development improvements. Although not everyone of my requested changes have been made, many have.

The product is very intuitive for data entry. There are very few instances of double entry. When you have a question, the online quickly identifies where you will put the data for a specific line on one of the bankruptcy form (like the means test) or you can speak with a person through the chat system. I love the fact that the pacer notices get added to the client's matter file. This has eliminated my costs for pacer when a filing would not be saved after viewing it.

The Chapter 13 add on is not perfect. Making revisions to the Next Chapter Plan can be challenging. Having said that, I have never been happy with any Chapter 13 add on of any bankruptcy software I have used, including the leading product on the market. I have always found it is easiest to use the draft Word version of the plan provided by the Court. I think this task is difficult as each trustee likes having things done their way which no computer program can anticipate.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thank you SO much for this review, Timothy! We've enjoyed having you as a customer and so appreciate your suggestions. You continue to help improve our product!

Patrick

Fantastic product!

Kommentare: We've been able to optimize our workflow and save time using NextChapter and its features.

The best part about the software is the true cloud-based nature of it. Other bankruptcy products are not cloud based so working with a team remotely is impossible. NextChapter makes it easy.

Honestly, I don't really have any issues with it.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thank you SO much for this great review, Patrick! We are so happy NextChapter has been easy to use and optimize your workflow. We're lucky to have you as a customer!

Morgan
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product and great customer service

Kommentare: It helps me keep all of my clients well organized and the interface is way more appealing than the other software I previously used and reviewed prior to selecting NextChapter. The cloud-based system is ideal; now that the app is available it will be even easier to control remotely so I can review and resolve matters with bankruptcy clients while out of the office.

I utilitze the texting feature, which allows automated messages and language tailored to my clients both pre- and post-filing. The fact that it's already integrated allows me to keep track of ALL conversations with clients within their record; also, all Pacer notices are filed automatically, any court or 341 notices are automatically calendared and all of my proofs of claim are saved and I can open them any time (without needing to download them each time they come through); I love the ability to save notes in each individual client record so all of the information I need can be reviewed quickly for myself or my assistant.

I love the software overall; there are a couple of changes that I would make for sake of ease (one example is there is no place to list the trustee for a debtor once the case is filed; this is fairly important for my district and would be nice to make sure this is on the Dashboard and contained within the Client Information). The Next Chapter team is excellent at taking suggestions (I have emailed several before) and updating the local forms or software itself to make sure it is meeting my needs.

Antwort von Fastcase

We're so happy to hear how useful NextMessage has been for you and your firm! And since your review it's great to see there is a trustee field in there now. The biggest perk of being on the cloud is being able to easily implement these requests for users like you. Thanks again Morgan :)

Danielle
Assistant in USA

Bankruptcy Law Firm NextChapter review

Kommentare: My overall experience is once you get familiar with where all the forms are this program is really easy to use.

The ease of using the program along with the added customer service are a few pros of the program.

The program has only one Con which is all the forms to file a BK should all me located in the same place of all the other initial filing forms.

vor 5 Monaten

Thanks for the awesome review, Danielle! It is a pleasure working with you and your firm.

Alexander

Next Generation Bankruptcy Software

Kommentare: After switching over to NextChapter, I did run into some issues with the software not properly filing certain aspects of the petition. Specifically, many of my clients opt to pay the court filing fee in installments, but seems NextChapter had not yet coded that feature for filings in my District (Arizona). After bringing it to the attention of customer support, their team worked to remedy the coding issue and ever since then it has been smooth sailing. Roughly 1 year into the software I opted to upgrade my subscription to include MyChapter, where clients can directly enter much of the information needed on the petition. This feature is much more convenient for my clients over filing out paper forms and is a huge time saver for me and has allowed me to continue operating as a truly solo practitioner (without the need to hire outside legal assistants) even during very busy months. On the few occasions that I have need to some customer service support, their team has been rapid in their responses and very pleasant to work with.

I can access the software from anywhere in the world on virtually any device.

Initially there was a learning curve after having used a competing bankruptcy software for over 8 years. After about 3 months of using the software I grew to prefer it over my previous software and have never looked back.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thank you SO much for your review, Alexander. We are very happy to hear that your firm is benefitting from MyChapter and the cloud based app. If you have any other requests to help ease your filing process, don't hesitate to ask! Users like you help us to improve the app and we appreciate it so much.

April
Paralegal in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

NextChapter has come a long way. Would recommend.

Kommentare: Overall, I would definitely recommend NextChapter. In the last two years the software has grown and changed by leaps and bounds. I now feel as though I know the software quite well. The program has changed to be much more user friendly and does what it needs to do. It improves every day and I am excited to see all of the things it will be able to do in the future.

The best thing about NextChapter is the customer support. The team is always available to help with any questions we may have. Additionally, whenever we have made suggestions on things we would like to see with the program or changes that need to be made, those suggestions are considered and a lot of times implemented into the software. The team is constantly working to improve the program and provide quarterly updates to further streamline the process.

I am old school Best Case girl and liked the ease of that program. In my opinion, I have to search a little bit harder to figure out how to do things with NextChapter such as how to have different payment amounts for select months on Chapter 13 Plans.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thanks so much April! You have been a huge help in improving our software by remaining a committed user and giving us great suggestions. We're so happy to have you on board!

SHARI
paralegal in USA

Why Every Bankruptcy Law Firm Should Use NextChapter

There is so much about NextChapter that I like, however, I will elaborate only on a few. The most appealing function on NextChapter is integrating the debtor(s) credit report into the petition. Is there anything easier than that? One other thing I like about NextChapter, and it may seem trivial to some, is I do not have to click on any "Save" button at anytime to save the data I have already enter. I can exit the software, come back to it two days later and my previous edits were automatically saved. NextChapter is the easiest and most cost effective bankruptcy software on the market in my opinion.

There isn't anything I like least about this software. You can upload your client's pdf documents needed to file with the petition and save them in NextChapter. No more jumping back and forth from your client's electronic folder to NextChapter. It's all right at your fingertips.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thank you SO much for this review, Shari! The app was designed to make the data entry process easier, so we love hearing that this design is paying off for our users.

Robert
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

NextChapter is accessible and reliable

Kommentare: Easy to use and keep updated from work or my home office, or my assistant's home office.

It is conveniently accessible at home or at the office for me and my assistants. It is reasonably priced. It helps keep the requested information consistent and accurate. The customer service is very responsive to my requests.

Some of the data entry is counter-intuitive. Where you expect to put in dependents, income and expense, sold property and preference payments based on the official forms, in this software they are entered in connection with family, current assets and creditors. Once you learn where to input the data, it works fine. I wish the credit reports with their integration included judgment information.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thank you so much for your review, Robert! We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve the software. So please keep your requests coming!

Todd
Attonrey in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

NextChapter is continuously improving the product

It's cloud-based. Best Case might be a better product, but only if you are a one attorney, one computer (that's a PC), one office, no support staff, law firm. But who fits that criteria? And, that's why I switched. Since it is browser based cloud software, I can work on any computer, whether Mac of PC, and I can work anywhere I have an internet connection. It also syncs with Clio, which is synced with Lexicata, which is synced with Call Ruby - enter info once and you've synced across multiple platforms.

Was a little buggy at first ( 2 years ago), but rarely an issue any more. Tech support is always great at fixing it, and they are continuously improving the product and receptive to user-requested changes.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thanks for taking the time to review NextChapter! It's always rewarding to see that our continued efforts to better the product have led to reduced errors and now allows us to focus on the fun stuff in the app!

Holli
Paralegal in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I was skeptical in the beginning, but now............

Kommentare: I love the ability to access the program from anywhere on any computer. What a time saver! And......their support people are fantastic!!!

I was very skeptical in the beginning and thought it was going to be hard to use, but...........now I'm in love with this program. I have been in this business over 40 years and this is the best bankruptcy program I have used. I love the one input feature that goes to all of the appropriate schedules and how fast I can get a case inputted and ready to review and then file. It is totally user friendly!!!

There really isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Antwort von Fastcase

Wow, thanks so much for this review, Holli! We love that you are now finding NextChapter easy to use and thrilled that you feel supported by our team!

Gayle
Legal Assistant in USA

NextChapter Review

Kommentare: My overall experience with Next Chapter has been very positive. There are were, of course, glitches in the beginning but customer support are prompt and helpful.

The software is very easy to use and very user friendly. I especially like the Preview feature and downloading the petition documents during filing with the Court is extremely easy.

I wish there were a notes section? Clients tend to leave out certain information and it would be really helpful if there were a section of the software where you could put notes on missing information and/or documents and be able to print it for the client. The old Top Form version had that capability.

Antwort von Fastcase

Gayle, thank you so much for your review! We are so happy you're finding NextChapter easy to use :)

Sean

Next Chapter Works for Me

Kommentare: Good

The online basis is great for working in multiple locations such as your office, home office, and the court. When there are errors the customer support team usually responds within 5-10 minutes and can resolve the problem quickly. They often implement improvements to the software and add-ons.

Sometimes little things are not flushed out but this is usually only for local forms, where there are so many, and the issue just has not been raised. If you update them, they fix it when its possible.

Antwort von Fastcase

Hi Sean! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. We're so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience thus far and we look forward to continuing to enhance the product!

Great product

Kommentare: I have no complaints. It's a great product and it's a great team.

This software does everything I need it to do and it does it well. I have not had any problems that couldn't be fixed. The software almost always works flawlessly and there are so many features that make my bankruptcy practice run seamlessly.

The learning curve was a little steep, but this is probably because I had been used to a different bankruptcy software provider and I hadn't practiced in a few years. I can say that the NextChapter staff has always been available to answer any questions and help me along the way.

Antwort von Fastcase

Michael, we can't thank you enough for this review! We are so happy the software is working well for you and your firm and even happier that you are finding it easy to use- now that you've got the hang of it :)

Nancy

I love NextChapter

Kommentare: Very positive, especially for a Mac user.

I love that this product is all web based. It makes it easy to use from home or even traveling. I always have my clients’ information with me. It also is very intuitive and kept up to date. The customer service has been very helpful when I needed it. They also have quite a few help articles and videos to work through any issues.

I have nothing negative to say, everything has been great. I have used a lot of bankruptcy software over the years and this has been the best experience.

Antwort von Fastcase

What an awesome review, Nancy! We are so glad you find NextChapter's cloud-based platform useful and even more pleased to hear you are happy with our customer support. We are really lucky to have customers like you :)

Kate
Bankruptcy Paralegal in USA

Made my job easier!

Kommentare: We have found that our speed in preparing petitions has increased, therefore making it easier to increase our caseload and productivity.

The intuitiveness of the software makes it easy to prepare the bankruptcy petition step by step.

There are a few items lacking, but the company is very good at asking for feedback and working to add features.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thanks Kate! We're so glad to hear that NextChapter has been able to make your job easier and your petition prep time faster. We always appreciate you providing feedback and new suggestions so keep 'em coming!

Joshua
Joshua
Bankruptcy Division Manager in USA

Very happy with NextChapter

Kommentare: It has been great! I'm especially happy with the customer support team, they are responsive and collaborative in helping me get what I need.

Having a SaaS based software was critical for our needs. I find the software to generally be intuitive and it is completely reliable. The integration with InfusionSoft and DebtorCC was nice and easy.

I would like it if there was an easier way to handle the SOFA sign-off process.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thanks so much for your review, Josh! It is fun to help customers like you who are so kind and understanding. We hope your firm continue's to find success using NextChapter!

William

Helps keep you on task

Kommentare: Excellent.

Questionnaire and document storage; Doc Creator

When I click preview of the petition and see something wrong, I wish there was a feature that would take you exactly to the question that needs to be revised. Sometimes I just can't find where a certain response on the petition is drawn from.

Tori

Good value and interface

Kommentare: I previously had Best Case which was not on the cloud and was dependent upon in me being at my computer or log in remotely to my computer. It makes it a lot easier to do bankruptcy petitions from anywhere. The customer service is good. I just wish there was phone support more readily available.

It's cloud based and has ability to keep documents and notes in the case dashboard which are at your fingertips.

The pay stub and tree feature which also affects the means test features. I'm going to have to work on it more to get familiarized as it's different from other software I used.

Antwort von Fastcase

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's always great to hear how our users are able to access their cases from anywhere, at any time! We have numerous webinars dedicated solely to income and means test and if you still have questions after, our support team is more than happy to schedule a call with you!

Jenna
legal assistant in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good for a start, but does take some time to utilize.

Kommentare: We appreciate the online based system. There are ALOT of tweaks this software still needs to fix especially in the Chapter 13 plan.

Customer support is very helpful and responsive.

Inability to fix their issues that have been brought up.

Antwort von Fastcase

Thanks for taking the time to review and work with us, Jenna! We are always open to improving out software and are happy to continue making sure NextChapter fits all of your needs :)