Über NextChapter

Insolvenzsoftware für moderne Anwälte. Webbasierte App für Anwälte, um Insolvenzverfahren online vorzubereiten, zu verwalten und einzuleiten.

Erfahre mehr über NextChapter

Susan M.
  • Bewertet am 14.12.2018

"Great Software and Even Better Customer Service"

Kommentare: My overall experience can best be summed up by saying Next Chapter's Customer Service is impeccable. I used to spend an hour or more to attempt to get issues fixed, and I can't say enough about how great Next Chapter is to work with. We can let them know if there is a problem, issue, or if I have a question about how something works. We get a quick response, and Next Chapter works with us to make sure the solution works not only within the software, but for us specifically. That alone would be enough for me to say "get this product!"

Vorteile: I love that it is completely online, so our firm can access client information, court documents, and client documents from anywhere. The text feature is new for us and both the firm and our clients love it. Being able to set our own fields in a lot of different areas has been really nice, and something we did not have with our prior software. The court notices & calendar features are incredible. I go in and double-check the items, but I have never seen anything missing from the schedule. It's great to know when you can trust your software to get the job done!

Nachteile: The biggest draw back is the inability to easily run reports on cases filed each month or download a list of all closed clients, etc. From time to time, we have minor issues with searching or loading, but Next Chapter works with us to resolve those issues as soon as possible.

von NextChapter an 18.12.2018

Susan, we are so happy to have you and your firm on board! You have been so wonderful to work with during your transition and consistently make suggestions that can benefit all NextChapter users. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

• Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Tami S.
Associate Attorney

"NextChapter is Great"

Kommentare: Every time I call into NextChapter my question is answered quickly and the issue resolved. I have had an awesome experience with NextChapter.

Vorteile: I love the ease of entering information into the software.

Nachteile: I dislike the treatment of a leased vehicle and the inability to put a monthly vehicle payment into Schedule J without having a vehicle on Schedule B.

von NextChapter an 4.2.2020

Thanks so much for your review, Tami! We are glad to hear your experience with NextChapter has been positive. Our Support team is always here to answer questions and report any issues you experience so please continue to utilize us!

David A.
Attorney/Owner
  • Bewertet am 22.4.2020

"NextChapter has improved my bankruptcy practice."

Kommentare: As a career BestCase user I was reluctant to switch, but after using NextChapter I wish I had switched sooner.

Vorteile: The software is very easy to learn and use. My paralegal and I love the flow of the interface which make data entry smooth and easy. The customer service and tech support are super fast, friendly, and helpful.

Nachteile: I have nothing bad to say about NextChapter.

von NextChapter an 28.4.2020

Thanks so much for the review, David! We are happy you find the product easy to use and love that you are feeling supported!

• Bewertet am 22.4.2020
Tyler S.

"Have Not Used Long"

Kommentare: It is a good value for the money. I think once I get used to it, it will be easier to use.

Vorteile: It is cloud based, and relatively easy to follow.

Nachteile: Sometimes it is hard to tell where the software is pulling information from. I spend a lot of time flipping back and forth from section to section to try to figure out where certain information came from.

Nicole M.

"Frequent user"

Kommentare: It it easy to use and I am abel to move quickly through the program. I like that I am able to preview and if something is incorrect, with just one click I am able to get to the schedule or statement to make my correction.

Vorteile: I like that I only have to enter the information in one location and it automatically places it whereever else it is relevant in the software.

Nachteile: The exemptions that we use are not alway correct in the software. I have to old school it and look up exemptions to ensure I am using the correct one. However, when I have found an exemption to be incorrect, I have contacted customer service and they have quickly corrected it (:

Neil S.
Managing Member
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2020

"Very Pleased"

Kommentare: I am most impressed with the Customer Service and responsiveness. I just really hope now that the company has been sold it continues.

Vorteile: I appreciate the PACER downloads and knowing that all Pleadings and Orders can be obtained and downloaded into our network. Additionally, the fact that much uploading of information is dispersed throughout pleadings by the program is helpful.

Nachteile: There are many improvements that would be helpful. Separately listing proofs of claim, not duplicating downloads if multiple attorneys are on a case and ease in printing would be helpful.

• Bewertet am 8.5.2020
Joseph P.
Owner, Pricnipal Attorney
  • Bewertet am 9.8.2019

"Way better more modern bankruptcy software"

Vorteile: This software blows the doors off of the prior software that our firm used for the past 18 years. More intuitive, data entry and organizational features. Works well on all devices.

Nachteile: There are some of the features that don't seem complete yet. NextMessage seems like it could be an awesome, groundbreaking way to communicate with clients, but doesn't seem totally mobile compatible yet. Would be great to see and respond to client messages through mobile app.

von NextChapter an 20.9.2019

Thank you, Joseph! We loved meeting you at NACBA and seeing you come by with your iPad already signed up and inputting a case. It's great to watch users catch on so quickly, it makes us so proud of the product! Be on the lookout in the next couple of weeks for some NextMessage enhancements :)

Laurie T.
Finance Manager
  • Bewertet am 6.8.2019

"Great product and excellent support! "

Kommentare: Excellent product and staff bailable to assist with concerns and issues that arise.

Vorteile: Product is user friendly and easy to learn.

Nachteile: Inability to pay filing fees directly from software.

von NextChapter an 20.9.2019

Thanks for the awesome review, Laurie! We love having you and the rest of your firm on board!

• Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Terry T.

"from skeptic"

Kommentare: It's a rationally based time-saver.

Vorteile: It's faster, because the related info you type in seeds the various sections of the petition, and before you know it, you're done!

Nachteile: I'm at the age that I don't like change-but...once you get used to the analysis that went into the structure of this program, you appreciate it a little more each time you use it.

von NextChapter an 4.2.2020

Thanks so much for this review, Terry! Change is definitely frustrating so we really appreciate you taking the time to learn the software. Our hope is that it gets a little easier each time!

J. dennis G.
Attorney at Law
  • Bewertet am 16.2.2020

"Most User-Friendly Software on the Market"

Kommentare: The support does not hide behind emails and texts. They return phone calls if requested immediately

Vorteile: It's ease of use and customer support is available anytime I need them. We can complete most Chapter 7 bankruptcy petitions in approximately one hour.

Nachteile: There is nothing we dislike about this software or company.

von NextChapter an 9.3.2020

Thank you SO much for this review. We all work hard to support our customers so we are very happy to hear our hard work is appreciated. We are so happy to have you as a customer!

• Bewertet am 16.2.2020
Morgan D.
  • Bewertet am 17.5.2019

"Great product and great customer service"

Kommentare: It helps me keep all of my clients well organized and the interface is way more appealing than the other software I previously used and reviewed prior to selecting NextChapter. The cloud-based system is ideal; now that the app is available it will be even easier to control remotely so I can review and resolve matters with bankruptcy clients while out of the office.

Vorteile: I utilitze the texting feature, which allows automated messages and language tailored to my clients both pre- and post-filing. The fact that it's already integrated allows me to keep track of ALL conversations with clients within their record; also, all Pacer notices are filed automatically, any court or 341 notices are automatically calendared and all of my proofs of claim are saved and I can open them any time (without needing to download them each time they come through); I love the ability to save notes in each individual client record so all of the information I need can be reviewed quickly for myself or my assistant.

Nachteile: I love the software overall; there are a couple of changes that I would make for sake of ease (one example is there is no place to list the trustee for a debtor once the case is filed; this is fairly important for my district and would be nice to make sure this is on the Dashboard and contained within the Client Information). The Next Chapter team is excellent at taking suggestions (I have emailed several before) and updating the local forms or software itself to make sure it is meeting my needs.

von NextChapter an 17.6.2019

We're so happy to hear how useful NextMessage has been for you and your firm! And since your review it's great to see there is a trustee field in there now. The biggest perk of being on the cloud is being able to easily implement these requests for users like you. Thanks again Morgan :)

• Bewertet am 17.5.2019
April K.
  • Bewertet am 5.4.2019

"NextChapter has come a long way. Would recommend. "

Kommentare: Overall, I would definitely recommend NextChapter. In the last two years the software has grown and changed by leaps and bounds. I now feel as though I know the software quite well. The program has changed to be much more user friendly and does what it needs to do. It improves every day and I am excited to see all of the things it will be able to do in the future.

Vorteile: The best thing about NextChapter is the customer support. The team is always available to help with any questions we may have. Additionally, whenever we have made suggestions on things we would like to see with the program or changes that need to be made, those suggestions are considered and a lot of times implemented into the software. The team is constantly working to improve the program and provide quarterly updates to further streamline the process.

Nachteile: I am old school Best Case girl and liked the ease of that program. In my opinion, I have to search a little bit harder to figure out how to do things with NextChapter such as how to have different payment amounts for select months on Chapter 13 Plans.

von NextChapter an 17.4.2019

Thanks so much April! You have been a huge help in improving our software by remaining a committed user and giving us great suggestions. We're so happy to have you on board!

Shari T.
paralegal
  • Bewertet am 13.1.2020

"Why Every Bankruptcy Law Firm Should Use NextChapter"

Vorteile: There is so much about NextChapter that I like, however, I will elaborate only on a few. The most appealing function on NextChapter is integrating the debtor(s) credit report into the petition. Is there anything easier than that? One other thing I like about NextChapter, and it may seem trivial to some, is I do not have to click on any "Save" button at anytime to save the data I have already enter. I can exit the software, come back to it two days later and my previous edits were automatically saved. NextChapter is the easiest and most cost effective bankruptcy software on the market in my opinion.

Nachteile: There isn't anything I like least about this software. You can upload your client's pdf documents needed to file with the petition and save them in NextChapter. No more jumping back and forth from your client's electronic folder to NextChapter. It's all right at your fingertips.

von NextChapter an 4.2.2020

Thank you SO much for this review, Shari! The app was designed to make the data entry process easier, so we love hearing that this design is paying off for our users.

Tara S.
Managing Attorney
  • Bewertet am 13.1.2020

"Best Bankruptcy Software EVER!!"

Kommentare: From the great product to the wonderful customer service professionals, this is the best bankruptcy software I have used!

Vorteile: Next Chapter turned the bankruptcy software process on its head! In the best way! It gathers the information once, and files the forms as needed, rather than requiring the user to enter information multiple times or in multiple places. The cloud-based system means I can enter, review and even file cases from anywhere I have a laptop (or iPad or phone) and an internet connection! I have used the software on the beach in Hawaii, and even filed a case from the main stage at the NFL Draft! I can't begin to say enough good things about this software!

Nachteile: There really are not any downsides to this product!

von NextChapter an 4.2.2020

Thank you SO much for this great review, Tara! We are so happy to hear you like using NextChapter and can use it whenever you are traveling. When you say you can use it anywhere, you really mean anywhere!

Robert F.
  • Bewertet am 14.1.2020

"NextChapter is accessible and reliable"

Kommentare: Easy to use and keep updated from work or my home office, or my assistant's home office.

Vorteile: It is conveniently accessible at home or at the office for me and my assistants. It is reasonably priced. It helps keep the requested information consistent and accurate.
The customer service is very responsive to my requests.

Nachteile: Some of the data entry is counter-intuitive. Where you expect to put in dependents, income and expense, sold property and preference payments based on the official forms, in this software they are entered in connection with family, current assets and creditors. Once you learn where to input the data, it works fine.
I wish the credit reports with their integration included judgment information.

von NextChapter an 4.2.2020

Thank you so much for your review, Robert! We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve the software. So please keep your requests coming!

Danielle L.
  • Bewertet am 18.12.2018

"A Modern Program for the Modern Attorney"

Kommentare: As with all change, it's been a learning experience! We are a very modern and innovative law practice dedicated to maximizing efficiency and technology. We know that our clients operate in a world of smart phones and the internet, and we want to their experience in hiring an attorney to fit right into that lifestyle. NextChapter has allowed us to do that. Our bankruptcy practice has been streamlined into two simple meetings with an attorney and interaction through the internet at the convenience of the client!

Vorteile: Utilizing the Debtor Portal has allowed me to completely cut out an "input meeting" and save precious paralegal and attorney time. Not only are clients inputting the information that they themselves are most familiar with, they are also scanning in documents that we otherwise would've scanned. The layout of the program is modern and very user-friendly.

Nachteile: There are still kinks that pop up once in a while, but the team at NextChapter is always ready and willing to fix them in a timely manner.

von NextChapter an 19.12.2018

We're so happy to hear how beneficial MyChapter has been for your firm. We love to hear that attorneys are looking for modern change and find that NextChapter fits into that process. We look forward to continuing to build and enhance these helpful features! Thanks so much!

• Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Todd M.
Attonrey
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 22.5.2019

"NextChapter is continuously improving the product"

Vorteile: It's cloud-based. Best Case might be a better product, but only if you are a one attorney, one computer (that's a PC), one office, no support staff, law firm. But who fits that criteria? And, that's why I switched. Since it is browser based cloud software, I can work on any computer, whether Mac of PC, and I can work anywhere I have an internet connection. It also syncs with Clio, which is synced with Lexicata, which is synced with Call Ruby - enter info once and you've synced across multiple platforms.

Nachteile: Was a little buggy at first ( 2 years ago), but rarely an issue any more. Tech support is always great at fixing it, and they are continuously improving the product and receptive to user-requested changes.

von NextChapter an 17.6.2019

Thanks for taking the time to review NextChapter! It's always rewarding to see that our continued efforts to better the product have led to reduced errors and now allows us to focus on the fun stuff in the app!

• Bewertet am 22.5.2019
Brooke M.
Rechtsberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2020

"[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a Customer Service Superstar!"

Vorteile: This software is very user friendly. Should I have any problems, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is extremely knowledgeable with the program and always eager to help!

Nachteile: Some of the customer service representatives that I have dealt with are not as knowledgeable of the program and one left me with an unresolved problem for almost a week. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to fix the problem the same day that I brought it to her attention.

von NextChapter an 9.3.2020

Thanks so much for the great review, Brooke! We are happy to hear you are finding are Support team helpful. We just added a few new members, so soon we will all be up to speed!

• Bewertet am 6.2.2020
Ronald D.
  • Bewertet am 8.11.2017

"A wonderful product that offers real functionality for cloud based bankruptcy software."

Kommentare: Freed me from Windows software and all of the compromises that involves. Gives us the chance to be a 100% Macintosh office after many years of hybrid solutions.

Vorteile: We are all really enjoying using NextChapter. I've uploaded a number of documents that we frequently download and use, including Client Service Agreements, Credit Counseling Instructions, Suggestions of Bankruptcy etc. We tried Cincompass about a year ago and hated it. We were with BestCase for over 10 years but were frustrated that there was no cloud solution for them. Then about 2 or so years ago BestCase announced they had a "cloud solution" which was really a Citrix virtual workstation. While Citrix "worked" it just added a whole layer of confusion and required training for my team; plus it did not have 100% uptime. Plus, it was very expensive, starting per month and almost per month as I added users. This was on top of the BestCase maintenance agreement, which also grew over the years. So NextChapter has been a great improvement for our firm.

Nachteile: The software has a few growing pains (when compared with BestCase), and you do need to adjust your workflow a bit, but not too much. That's why I give 4 instead of 5 stars for Features & Functionality, but I expect it will continue to grow and improve.

von NextChapter an 28.11.2017

Thank you for the kind words and compliments! You are right that we're always improving and growing, thanks to awesome customers like you!

• Bewertet am 8.11.2017
Jann W.
Attorney At Law
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 9.3.2020

"Best Software I've Used"

Kommentare: I have been using Nextchapter for several years now, and they have always taken my suggestions and eventually the suggestions are usually integrated into the software. They have come a long way in such a short period of time. I used to use Bestcase, and in comparison Nextchapter is far superior to Bestcase in my opinion.

Vorteile: I love the Cloud Based ability to use the software from anywhere and the fact that it saves my PACER notices for me.

Nachteile: I would love to see more ability to use it through the app on my phone, like entering data while I am waiting for a court hearing or 341 hearing.

von NextChapter an 12.3.2020

Thanks so much for this great review, Jann! We are so happy to hear you find NextChapter easy to use and truly appreciate your expert suggestions :)

• Bewertet am 9.3.2020
John S.
  • Bewertet am 5.4.2019

"Great Cloud-Based Bankruptcy Software"

Vorteile: I initially decided to try NextChapter solely because it is cloud-based. I have tried other cloud-based bankruptcy preparation software and they never quite worked correctly. I love that I can access my cases anywhere and that they are continuing to improve on their product. Almost monthly it seems like there is a new feature or a revision to an old one that makes putting the bankruptcy petition together more seamless and intuitive. Their customer service is excellent.

Nachteile: In the early days, it felt like some of the features hadn't been fully developed. That has been remedied for the most part.

von NextChapter an 29.4.2019

John - we are thrilled to have you as one of the customers that have been with us since the start. We love being able to release new features and enhancements to our users, especially when our users are the ones to suggest the new ideas to us!

Jerry S.
  • Bewertet am 31.12.2018

"NextChapter Bankruptcy Software Review"

Kommentare: Customer service, within the hours they are open, is excellent. I believe they have improved their response time to reset their software if your bankruptcy filing fails after business hours or on weekends so you can attempt to electronically file again. If you have an emergency filing and have a software issue outside of M-F 9-5 business hours, you may have to wait until the next business day to get your problem resolved or manually file your case. Overall, NextChapter has been great to work with and I highly recommend them.

Vorteile: NextChapter is easy to learn and easy to use. It is web based and can be used on a tablet or even a cell phone with good results.

Nachteile: Like most bankruptcy software, the Chapter 13 calculator and getting secured debt to show up in the correct paragraph in the plan and with the correct treatment can be a challenge.

von NextChapter an 9.1.2019

You've been great to work with as well Jerry! You've made some great suggestions to the app that we've been able to implement and they are always features that can benefit all users. Thanks so much for the review!

• Bewertet am 31.12.2018
Amber B.
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"Paralegal Use Made Easy"

Kommentare: NextChapter has helped to become a better legal assistant. I especially love the fact that I am able to review the means test questions now. It helps me to understand exactly where the information and numbers are coming from. I came into my firm with only financial experience, but no legal experience and NextChapter has helped me to fully understand bankruptcy schedules and how best to help my client.

Vorteile: I love that I can easily work on my client's information with little confusion for the client when working with the portal.

Nachteile: I wish that it was easier to e-file through the software when you have an emergency filing.

von NextChapter an 18.12.2018

Thanks so much for the awesome review, Amber! We already have some districts that can file the remaining documents after an emergency filing with more to come soon. We will be sure to reach out to you directly when yours is up and running!

• Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Holli D.
  • Bewertet am 6.5.2020

"I was skeptical in the beginning, but now............"

Kommentare: I love the ability to access the program from anywhere on any computer. What a time saver! And......their support people are fantastic!!!

Vorteile: I was very skeptical in the beginning and thought it was going to be hard to use, but...........now I'm in love with this program. I have been in this business over 40 years and this is the best bankruptcy program I have used. I love the one input feature that goes to all of the appropriate schedules and how fast I can get a case inputted and ready to review and then file. It is totally user friendly!!!

Nachteile: There really isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Sean R.
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 9.8.2019

"Next Chapter Works for Me"

Kommentare: Good

Vorteile: The online basis is great for working in multiple locations such as your office, home office, and the court. When there are errors the customer support team usually responds within 5-10 minutes and can resolve the problem quickly. They often implement improvements to the software and add-ons.

Nachteile: Sometimes little things are not flushed out but this is usually only for local forms, where there are so many, and the issue just has not been raised. If you update them, they fix it when its possible.

von NextChapter an 20.9.2019

Hi Sean! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. We're so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience thus far and we look forward to continuing to enhance the product!