A Real Lifesaver

Bewertet am 11.1.2017
Barbara G.
Web Developer & SEO Specialist

Kommentare: There are things I am good at, but keeping track of my time is not one. I had searched for a few years trying different programs, or plug-ins, or techniques and I always ended up with "time holes" in my day. And then I found Desktime. It starts when my computer comes up and starts tracking automatically. I use Chrome and have the extension for Desktime that captures the URLs of sites I visit so I can also keep track of what I was working on by where I was on the Internet. And then there is the Project's feature. It is super simple to set up a new project, and as easy as choosing from a dropdown list when you need to switch from one project to another for individual job tracking. In the course of a day I rarely work on one thing and then the next and so on. It is more of a series of hopping from one job to another and back again and the ease of switching between projects makes that a non-issue. And because no person is perfect Desktime also has a Private Time feature. There is also the ability to keep up with how long meetings are or lunch even because Desktime tracks offline time. When your computer is idle for more than a few minutes Desktime stops counting time. When you come back, in the timeline there is a gap to which you can assign whatever may be appropriate. If it was a production meeting, click in the blank space and a pop-up comes up and you can tell it what you were doing, what project it was for, if applicable and even if the time was productive or not. I suppose depending on the meeting that could be subjective. And if you were out to lunch, leave it blank and no time is recorded so that at the end of the day you have an accurate record of how much "desktime" you have put in. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Vorteile: Time tracking without thinking.

Nachteile: I really wish it would track minutes in unites of 100, like time has to be submitted for payroll. The hour time is not a factor but the minutes, it is always 38 min x .60 to get time to submit. Or if not doing the actual math, it is looking it up on a conversion chart. Just give me an option to track it how I need it to.

I use Desktime everyday!

Hsiang L.
Production Manager

Kommentare: We're a small web design and development company here in Taiwan with about 10-15 person. We use Desktime on our daily work to track the productivity of our colleagues, though it is not used as a key for employee's evaluation, but it is definitely a tool to help our company boost their attention, which also comes with a good healthy competition, and we will award the best employee of the month thru it. There's a lot of Desktime we like which we don't usually see on other apps, those includes some automatic detection of the website if they're productive or not, we can also add projects for special tracking, we can also limit the users from their IPs incase they're abusing it at home, lol. I think Desktime is actually lack of some marketing, it is a worthy competition to Rescue Time, you should give it a try! ;)

Vorteile: Some features such as project controls, site controls, groups, etc.

Nachteile: The price and app stability I guess

Fantastic Service, yet Needs Direction

Viktor G.
Co-founder, VP of Operations
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A great service that allows tracking and reporting on computer use - its scalability, ease of installation and general ease of use allow it work very well for my organization and for many others, I assume. That said, there are several features that were available previously that are no longer baseline. It is important for DeskTime to determine exactly in which direction they want to push their features and their tracking, as the inability to track activity in one way, may avoid a need for DeskTime altogether. Specifically, allowing the reporting to break down a users' actions within a given hour has disappeared from the transition of Desktime to New Desktime and this feature specifically allows us to gather insights. All-in-all, Desktime is a very powerful tool for management and for reporting and team performance assessment, yet could take an extra step in defining some key features. More desktop alerts, stronger hour-reporting, and offline time mapping would all help in making Desktime the ultimate tool for time management.

Vorteile: -Great reporting for activities
-Administrative rights are defined correctly

Nachteile: -Lacking significant alerts
-Private time can't be mapped to specific periods within the day
-Full-screen applications override private-time notifications

Light and simple, does what it has to do.

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Ivan S.
Product Manager
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software is an essential part of our performance evaluation mechanism, allowing users to track their time, and classify it based on the tasks they are working on.

Vorteile: We're running a distributed organization and have been using DeskTime since they were a small startup. It works perfectly on desktop/laptop machines (duh!) but we haven't tried using it on mobile devices (since we only use it for tracking office crew hours).

Nachteile: "Time at work" stat is a little bit confusing and is meant for linear days (e.g. if you log in for 15 mins at midnight, just to check your email, it will think that it's the start of a working day, and when you log in back in the morning, the time at work will be 8 hrs, so we learnt to ignore this stat completely.

A Great Way to Monitor the Productivity For Yourself and For Your Team

Bewertet am 19.1.2017
Janis G.
Marketing Director
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use it personally to monitor my time spent and to analyze my productivity. Where is my time going? What applications am I using, how much time I'm spending on different tasks or projects?
I love that I can also log off-line time on the computer or mobile phone.
This tool is even better when used for a team monitoring. I can see how many hours every employee spends in certain apps, projects or tasks. I can see when they start and end their workday, and I see their productivity ratio.

Vorteile: Cross-platform compatibility (MacOS-X, Windows, iOS, Android), Simplicity, Beautiful design, simple application assignment

Nachteile: I'd love to drill into details about a certain time period, productivity status etc. For example, if I have a block of an unproductive period, I'd like to be able to click on it in a report to see where have I spent the unproductive time (or productive, or neutral).

My time. Decoded

Bewertet am 11.8.2018
Client Engagement Partner
E-Learning, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mostly positive.

Vorteile: I love the insights into how my time is distributed across applications and websites. I definitely use it passively, but occasionally I check in to see how my time breaks down. I just let it run in the background and check the dashboards for fun. Once upon a time, I pitched it to the leadership at an organization where I worked, but it was early in the product's maturity so that didn't pan out. I'm a longtime fan and I'm pleased with how the feature set has evolved.

Nachteile: I believe the pricing structure is misaligned with customer segments. This is more relevant to corporations than to individuals. It's a nice to have for me, but I can live without it if I must pay. This would fall into the category of something that should be extended to workers for free, but at a cost to organizations with two or more users. Extend more features to single license accounts.

Management of time

Bewertet am 25.1.2017
Nic R.
Web designer
Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been using desktime for years for the managament of time spent in front of a pc.
It's possible to track any activity you perform on pc in terms of time spent.
This is useful to categorize where your time is addressed over the weeks and months, and highlighting where some time is wasted in unproductive activities.
Very nice the chance to create projects, where you can select particular activities.
Also the time on the internet is tracked, making it possible to judge your web navigation in productive or unproductive.

Vorteile: it make it simple and fun your time tracking both for job related or for spare time activities.

Nachteile: -

Desktime Review

Bewertet am 11.8.2018
Pete M.
Project Engineer

Kommentare: Time entry accuracy is 100% using desktime. Working for an MSP as an engineer makes for fast-paced days. It’s hard to stay 100% up-to-date on time entry as a result. Having desktime to track your time and allow you to review screenshots of your day make it easy to go back and enter time for days that became too hectic to update tinesheets.

Vorteile: Desktime really assists with ensuring time entries are accurate and detailed. The screenshot feature allows me to calture specifically what I was working on at any given time during days that are too busy to stop and enter time. The graph that shows what applications you were in, and active/idle time makes it easy to enter breaks for those days as well.

Nachteile: I’d only request that the applications you are in show the title of the document you were working in on the graph.

Perfect solution for measuring project durations

Horatiu C.
Owner, producer
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using Desktime for over a year and I'm very pleased with how everything worked out so far. After trying several project monitoring solutions I think it is safe to say that this is one of the best

Vorteile: Well, I use this app mostly for project duration monitoring which works great. Also, the productivity and efficiency calculators are pretty amazing

Nachteile: It would be great to have some detailed reports on projects. For example, see a list of projects where you can select a project and see more details about it. I know there is something similar, but works only on maximum monthly.

Almost there:)

Rune E.
Graphic designer
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'm using DeskTime as a logger for my freelance work and refers to the data collected when sending invoices. The new addition of tasks are great and gives me a better organized workflow.
One thing I'm missing is the ability to select one task and see the total amount of time spent on the task, regardless of what month or day. Just like a task-summary. For me the "projects" are customer and "task" are projects for that customer. Overall I'm very satisfied with DeskTime and wouldn't mind paying a few bucks if the program could be a little more tailored for freelance work.

Vorteile: Looks great. Many good features

Nachteile: Not tailored enough for freelance work

Nice Software but Unfortunately Not Useful for My Particular Team

Bewertet am 10.8.2018
Corey C.
Customer Support Lead

Kommentare: I really enjoyed DeskTime for personal use. Sadly, a few of our team members tested out the software and we found that it just wasn't what we were looking for as a company. To be clear, we did not end up choosing a competing software. Instead, we decided that it wasn't in the best interests of our team to constantly track minute-by-minute productivity.

Vorteile: My favorite feature was the productivity tracker. As part of my job, I'm constantly getting interrupted or distracted throughout the day. Using the productivity tracker allowed me to see what time during the day I was able to be most productive an allowed me to schedule important tasks during those times.

Nachteile: There were a few things that felt a little intrusive. I see the necessity for them in other companies, but for our own, we didn't like the idea of being able to take screenshots of our agents computer screens or track all of their web activity.

Great Product

Bewertet am 12.1.2017
Kyle M.
Attorney
Anwaltskanzlei, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am a defense attorney who bills my time for a living. Desktime is a great supplement to my billing software and works really well to fill any gaps. i'm hoping for some additional functionality in supplemental releases, such as the ability to comment on things that I'm doing live, but for the most part, this app is great!

Vorteile: Ability to capture gaps in time

Nachteile: I wish i could see a more detailed analysis, instead of total time on each program, I wish it would show: From 11:49am - 12:00pm you were on capterra website. From 12:00pm-1:30pm you had "Word document Name" open.

DeskTime is Wonderful, Everything you need to keep track of employee productivity

Bewertet am 10.8.2018
Taras "ty" Z.
Operations Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being able to track employee productivity in a work-from-home remote environment, where you're not able to track employee productivity easily without such a tool like DeskTime.

Vorteile: What I like most is the clean User Interface, and simple stats that are easy to digest, and understand where employees are slacking, and where they excel.

Nachteile: I can't think of any negatives in using DeskTime at this time.

My work life managmement

Viesturs P.

Kommentare: I like this software a lot. It has been tracking my activities on PC and MAC for many years, since it was lunched as early beta. it could be great if u could add functionality see review of full year, for example 2016. it could give me information how to better manage my time in year 2017 :)

Vorteile: easy tu use, multi platform, browser support

Nachteile: hard to compare month by month, to adrese beter time management

Save time, work productive

Bewertet am 19.1.2017
Alex K.
Software developer

Kommentare: I have never used any time trackers before DeskTime and never thought about personal productivity. I just was doing my job well and everything was ok. After installing Desktime I was wondered that I'm not so productive as I was thinking! I found that I work hard and do the job but waste time for things like messengers and social networks, for couple (or three or five) coffee breaks and so on. Desktime showed me that and I changed my work style. Now I do the same amount of work in 5-6 hours instead of 8 hrs. I don't do more but I do it faster now. Thank you, DeskTime!

Vorteile: Simple and seamless

Nachteile: It shows how you are lazy sometimes, haha :)

DeskTime review 2017

Jessica K.
Owner, Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I enjoy using this software. However, I wish it were more user-friendly when it comes to editing offline time gaps as well as assigning URL tasks to the three categories of productivity.

Vorteile: Time tracking for internet website usage is very helpful to refer back to when trying to figure out where the time went in a day.

Nachteile: Difficult to reassign URLs to their proper productivity category

Measure and grow your productivity

Bewertet am 26.1.2017
Clementine L.
Visual Designer
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Desktime is not only good to actually know what your colleagues are doing, but also to measure your own productivity. I like to check out how much I spent on software and tasks to estimate the time needed for future projects

Vorteile: the widgets with your productivity details and the section where you can check which app you use the most

Nachteile: the projects part is a bit hidden, and I'm not using it at all I think it should be exhibited in another way. Also for a social media manager, most of social media app are productive tools for him/her, while it shouldn't be for other members of the team. We should be able to set an app productive/unproductive for a particular person and not by group.

DeskTime Gives Us The Tracking We Need

Laura P.
Director of Administrative

Kommentare: Our company uses DeskTime to track time spent on client projects and time spent away from the office. It offers fantastic functionality for tracking time, projects, and exporting data.

Vorteile: The breadth of capabilities. It shows us so much information.

Nachteile: Customer service takes awhile to respond.

Almost perfect time tracking tool

Bewertet am 17.1.2017
Fabrício C.
CTO
Metallabbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We really love to use your software every day. I have little improvement suggestion request about view productivity in a separate project on the same day, but I am happy using DeskTime.

Vorteile: Easy to read and easy to use reports.

Nachteile: I would like to view in reports productivity about two or more project at the same day in general report.

Easy and automated way to analyze how your team is using their time

Jp B.
CIO
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: DeskTime is an extremely easy to use tool to track time. We've been using it since 2014 and its automated reports are used to analyze how the team is using their time and to send timesheet reports to our customers.

Vorteile: It's an automated way to track time.

It's a good time for DeskTime!

Bewertet am 25.1.2017
Steve R.
Call Center Manager
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have found that using DeskTime to monitor employee productivity makes managing our staff very easy and convenient. The staff also likes to watch their "ranking" throughout the day as everyone strives to be #1 and the most productive. I could also see using DeskTime as part of tracking productivity and using the ranking for monthly incentive programs. Either way DeskTime is a win win situation for Management and staff alike.

Vorteile: Easy of use. Reporting. The staff seems to like watching their daily ranking.

Nachteile: NA

Very useful

Ameer S.

Kommentare: Desktime has helped me keep track of the time I spend at work. After categorizing my software usage, it provides insights into how I spent my day which is both valuable and easy to understand. Its silent background monitoring means zero-disturbance and the detailed statistics tell you what when on and when. It has greatly helped boost my overall productivity.

Vorteile: Ease of use, zero-disturbance, detailed reporting.

Nachteile: Missing set of features like automatic private time, adding scheduled breaks etc.

Track Time efficiently.

Bewertet am 29.11.2019
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Desktime has a lot of great tools to support my time tracking, but it is not very user-friendly

Vorteile: Time tracking is a very important aspect of my event planning sections. Every event has projects that needed to be done before I start the event. Creating notes, exams, and quizzes to be a maid and I have limited time to spare. Controlling every aspect of time gives me the flexibility to start the event on time.
Desktime does have all the features I need, it's collect information about tasks and projects I create and give me a good report on that.
I can export the timesheet to a computer for future reference or share it with my student as an example. It really comes in handy.
The URL logging gives me the ability to capture and see the details report.

Nachteile: The menu us a nightmare and not user-friendly. The UI needs a full rework and please make it more user-friendly.

From Ludwig

Bewertet am 17.1.2017
Ludwig P.
COO
Metallabbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Exactly as we need it. Location or accessing functionalities is not as easy as initial version. Most needed is a better and more frequent and visible alert when Desktime timer is disabled when working. Also, dashboard not useful. Maybe allowing user to customize the dashboard by project will be great.

5 stars to app and productivity

Roman S.
Grafikdesign

Kommentare: Use this app already more than 1.5 years. Purchased for fun. But then I got involved. And started to analyze all my work at the computer. Main insight: what we don't measure - we don't have to control. It's time to take your time at the computer under control!

Vorteile: UI/UX