Über DeskTime

Die benutzerfreundlichste Zeiterfassungs-Software zur Zeit- und Kostenverfolgung von Projekten. Projektmanagement & Zeiterfassungs-Software.

Erfahre mehr über DeskTime

I think is easy to use and you dont neeed a lot of computer skills to handle it. The administration panel is very intuitive.

Order has no specific purpose. There should be weekly report for flagged behavior.

Bewertungen zu DeskTime

DeskTime hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 523 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du DeskTime bereits verwendet?

Ieva
Ieva
Home Office in Lettland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great for self-control

Kommentare: I work from home for more than 3 years now. I am not self-employes, so I wanted to make sure that I am at my desk for the time I promised and that I am working productively. This tool does exactly that.
In addition, finally it has easy way of adding time to projects. I would use this to calculate how much time I spend on extra projects not directly related to my daily tasks.

It really helps me to understand did I work 8 hours today and was I not wasting time on Facebook or other things. I like the green design. It makes me tune in positive and productive.

I would like an extended possibility to add programms, headers, meetings from outlook automatically to projects. So like marking apps as productive or unproductive, there might be option to mark them as belonging to specific project. And I would also like to have a slightly cheaper plan as even though I belong to a company I have installed and pay for this alone and use it for my home office purpose only.

Henry
Senior Construction Superintendent in USA
Immobilien, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Keep it under control to avoid time and resources wastage. I like DeskTime.

Kommentare: Industrialization and productivity of employees at its finest. Quick andbl reliable output that saves me and my team time and pushes everyone to remain focused.

Upto today, DeskTime has kept an outstanding performance. Boosting productivity, saving us time and resources, keeping work organized and professional. DeskTime is a friendly software. It has helped me manage shifts and most importantly calculate overtime pay based on how employees spend their time. It is secure for handling confidential information.

Proven reliable. DeskTime has maintained a clean record with us. I cannot find anything to complain about.

Florin
Manager in Rumänien
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Need's more improvmenet

Easy to use Easy to understand Friendly interface

The administrator should not pay for the account The design of the platform is old, need to be upgrade to the design trends Not so many features Print screen of the employees needs to have better quality, if the space is the problem, it should have a feature to connect a Cloud storage account in order to pay separately for how much print screen quality do you need. It should me more flexible. Ex. Print screen time should not be only 3-5 min. It my choice not a product manager choice what is important for my business or not. Alerts for employees that they have overdue the brake time and many others.

Antwort von Draugiem Group

Hi Florin! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

Rohit
Rohit
Hr executive in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The most effective tool for tracking productivity

1. It's simple to keep a careful eye on your employees using this amazing tool. 2. Employees can be retrieved on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. 3. We can also segment the employees by department and retrieve the necessary information.

Although all features are great but this tool works very well on windows but it lack on linux.

Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Great Tool for Management, Supervisors, and Business Owners

Kommentare: This software has helped us immensely since we started using it. It gives the business owners a better idea of what goes on in all of the departments, what's being completed, and how long it takes.

Like I said in the title, it is a Great Tool for Management, Supervisors, and Business Owners, and lets them know the daily activity of their staff and teams. It also help allow them to delegate tasks to their teams and figure out changes that need to be made, to make the business operations run smoother.

Some features are very rigid. Mainly the task timer. If you are logging a task where you are away from your desk, the timer will stop tracking/logging the time maybe 3 minutes into the computer being idle and when the employee returns to their desk, it logs the tail end of the task, so we have to manually adjust the time for the gap of time that wasn't logged.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Feedback for Desktime as Consistent User

Kommentare: Overall I am quite satisfied as many of my problems have a solution with Desktime.

Time tracking, billing, ideal time, productive time, activity tracking - as HR Head these features have helped me a lot to monitor my employees' work. The best part is integration, also we don't really have to log in, we simply have desk time running in the background, so no more reminding employees to fill in their timesheets.

If this could have helped us in Project Management, assigning tasks, checking their task completion, mentioning other EOD reports, etc, this software would have been more helpful to me. An added advantage would be reminders for tasks or other functions related to my department especially.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

DeskTime is absolutely the go to tool for remote first organizations

Kommentare: Overall experience is smooth and easy to navigate and use

Desk time is very user-friendly as a tool - for both the admin and the user. The good thing is that it tracks every small thing every single day, which helps to keep team members accountable in a remote work setting. It also eliminates the need to have a separate process for attendance.

I don't particularly appreciate that it does not track time while someone is simply reading. It would be awesome to have a feature that can do that in the future.There is a feature to add idle time - to fill it in if the time was not getting tracked or if the team member forgot to log in. But, that either has to be a separate color or a pop-up above it - or an indicator that can show if some member has filled in the idle time from the setting.

Nithya
MD in Indien
Informationsdienst, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool

Kommentare: All my interactions with desktime has been great.

Ability to monitor team in a single window. Knowing productive time vs desktime. Gives me peace of mind knowing i am enabled. Trust does mean I am incapable of monitoring, so I have to Trust. Trust means I am capable of monitoring and I trust. The capability factor is facilitated by desktime.

The team can uninstall or disable the software. I need to control that esp. if office systems are used. I feel that number of screen captures for the configuration do not match, but it does not impact me so much.

Amit
Head - BPR and Sales Automation in Indien
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best activity monitoring tool

Easy to use version - Stealth and Public/ User interactive mode;The ease of deployment and maintenance;Support on queries/ concerns;

Stealth mode is works in partial mode (it's not completely invisible);Sometimes it could have dependency with device and internet (issues with it's cont. tracking);With frequent internet packet loss, there are chances the data might not get captured.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good product to monitor your remote employees

desktop screenshot option helps me to understand that team is really working on the project.

if you team is working on multiple project for multiple clients, understanding which screenshot belong to which project is not an easy task.

Barbara
Web Developer & SEO Specialist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A Real Lifesaver

Kommentare: There are things I am good at, but keeping track of my time is not one. I had searched for a few years trying different programs, or plug-ins, or techniques and I always ended up with "time holes" in my day. And then I found Desktime. It starts when my computer comes up and starts tracking automatically. I use Chrome and have the extension for Desktime that captures the URLs of sites I visit so I can also keep track of what I was working on by where I was on the Internet. And then there is the Project's feature. It is super simple to set up a new project, and as easy as choosing from a dropdown list when you need to switch from one project to another for individual job tracking. In the course of a day I rarely work on one thing and then the next and so on. It is more of a series of hopping from one job to another and back again and the ease of switching between projects makes that a non-issue. And because no person is perfect Desktime also has a Private Time feature. There is also the ability to keep up with how long meetings are or lunch even because Desktime tracks offline time. When your computer is idle for more than a few minutes Desktime stops counting time. When you come back, in the timeline there is a gap to which you can assign whatever may be appropriate. If it was a production meeting, click in the blank space and a pop-up comes up and you can tell it what you were doing, what project it was for, if applicable and even if the time was productive or not. I suppose depending on the meeting that could be subjective. And if you were out to lunch, leave it blank and no time is recorded so that at the end of the day you have an accurate record of how much "desktime" you have put in. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Time tracking without thinking.

I really wish it would track minutes in unites of 100, like time has to be submitted for payroll. The hour time is not a factor but the minutes, it is always 38 min x .60 to get time to submit. Or if not doing the actual math, it is looking it up on a conversion chart. Just give me an option to track it how I need it to.

Colleen
Manager IT Service Desk in USA
Öl & Energie, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent for time management and team accountability. Helps manage work from home staff.

Kommentare: Very beneficial. I feel like my effective productivity was enhanced while I more easily monitored employees to know when they may require productivity guidance. I could easily see who was not focused on work and schedule a quick pep talk or counseling session when needed.

DeskTime is easily accessed on multiple devices if you have several or want to use a smartphone app. Install time is minimal, and web access makes it accessible 24/7 from anywhere. Great for AOP and budgeting appropriately for future impactful change in the business unit. Allows better coverage for absences of all types.

There is little to dislike. However, gaps in work time should be easier to manage. Working with end-users and walking away or having walk-in unexpected visitors create various gaps. Maybe if you could highlight several gaps at a time to change to all 'not idle'/productive, it would alleviate the redundancy of changing them one by one so you can label the event with 'meeting' or walk-in, etc.

Rafael
HR Lead in USA
Personalwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Desktime Review

Kommentare: Great! Overall useful, and provides our employees a better understanding of what their overall productivity looks like throughout the day. Provides further support to our teams in terms of productivity in certain projects, and a better understanding of what they are actually doing/working on during business hours.

Snapshot feature has been absolutely an essential staple during our WFH period due to Covid. Along with productivity monitoring, our leads were able to clarify a better understanding of what our employees are completing throughout the days. Very much have utilized this feature, and has been very helpful to our teams productivity overall.

The idle time tracker. Simply holding a key down on your keyboard for long periods of time can be tracked as "productive" time and is not the best way of monitoring idle time for employees. However, cross referencing this with the snapshot feature has been a key stable in eliminating this type of behavior.

Mario
Team Lead in El Salvador
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

DeskTime, Synonym of Trust

Kommentare: I'm solving billing inquiries. We have the best way to demonstrate our clients that work has been done for them. We are also solving employee disengagement when in idle status or using non-productive tools for an extended period of time.

Employee and time tracking are extremely useful. It's fully customizable to the point of allowing a group of employees the use of social media (for example the marketing department) and not applying the same rule to the rest of the teams. We trust our billing to Desktime reported times.

Can't think of any until this point. We have been using it for quite a few years now.

Bikram
System Administrator in Indien

Desktime Review from Navsoft Team

Kommentare: All good

Hello There, We are a very old customer for Desktime. All the features are very pretty and impressive.

Just need to focused two things only. (1) We have found in ipv6 network desk time will not work. (2) Our monthly billing price needs to reconsider as we are using it from long time back also.

Carlos
It admin in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Long time buddy!

Kommentare: It's a nice and clean experience, highly recommended, I like the weekly reports and the way you cna see the information with amazing detail!

I like how easy it is to use the panel, and the multiple ways you have to install, hidden or not, that you can configure groups and what info you want or don't want to share, I like the reports and being able to see snapshots and blur them for privacy purposes.

May be missing a default template so that you can use for newly created groups or users, because the default template leaves all the info open to the end user

jihun
GUI Designer in Südkorea
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Various functions and services that improve my productivity

Kommentare: Calendar linkage and the amount and field of my day-to-day work
It's nice to be able to visually check it.
In terms of productivity, it's good to have a visual chart to see if you're focusing on areas you can focus on or not having time to waste.

You can keep track of time automatically when you start your computer. You can check the start and end time It is possible to analyze which fields can be focused on work. It is nice to be able to visually check the time wasted.

When you click on software on the taskbar Response is a bit slow. It's a bit disappointing that the design isn't luxurious. It would be nice if the charts and expression methods were diverse. The weekly report looks like https://www.getharvest.com/.

Antwort von Draugiem Group

Hi Jihun! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

Taras
Ukraine
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

It looks more complicated than year ago.

Kommentare: I am using DeskTime for personal use (motivate myself to work hard and more careful ). I did the pause for using your tool and after the pause in 1 year, I feel more difficult with DeskTime.
I had the issue with assigning some tool to the certain activity.
I am not sure but I have to fill that same tool could be in productive and unproductive depend on time. For example, I spend some time for studying on work PC after work hours. During the work hour, my learning tool is unproductive but after this is productive. I don't see a possibility to switch.

Antwort von Draugiem Group

Hello, Taras! Thank you for your review. Over these years DeskTime has improved its features quite a lot, working on making the app more intuitive to use. While we can not offer to change productivity of apps in regards to time, you can always use the 'Private time' option to use your computer for non-work related activities - DeskTime will not track any time while this option is enabled.

Ken
Founder in Belgien
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great product

I like how detailed and granular the reports are.

The UI could be modernized somewhat, and perhaps customizable email reports would be helpful.

Shubham
Shubham
Video Editor in Indien
Medienproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Powerful Tool for Employee Monitoring

Kommentare: My company use this software in lockdown and It helps lots cause, its time tracking and productivity tracking.

Desktime Monitoring and time tracking feature is more powerful compare to any software and it also help to counting employees attendance.

Some employees said that when I use google for my work that it's not counted in productivity and I think that is not good cause google searching also work for that employee.

Antwort von Draugiem Group

Hi Shubham, thank you for your honest review! Just a quick follow-up - admins can add google (or any other website used for work) to the productive app list. This is fully customizable, and can be done for all employees or specific teams. So, for example, Google search or Facebook can be noted as productive for your marketing team, but still remain neutral or unproductive for other teams that don't use these platforms for work. Hope this helps! The DeskTime team

Vladimir
Art Director in Belgien
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Do its job

Kommentare: That is crucial for project time tracking. It help me make correct statistics and estimation for future, and some time invoice clients by time.. I cant imagine run my business without it.

Very easy to use. Changing the project and redaction of the job done is very simple and don't need to read instruction. Very friendly UiUx. The main job of counting project time (excluding non productive apps) is perfect.

On Macs it work perfect, but on Windows it crush at me sometime, seams it is a conflict sometime with video running on Chrome ... but it happen once a moth...

Johan
Director in Südafrika
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A must have for any company with a remote workforce

Kommentare: Desktime allows management to effortlessly monitor the productivity of a remote workforce and greatly reduces administrative overhead associated with time management and billing.

Desktime is super easy to deploy and simple to set up.The simplicity of the application makes it easy for employers to know that their remote workforce is productive.Desktime also allows employees wo put in extra effort to get recognized without having to speak up.

Some employees have figured out innovative solutions to appear online / active while not actually working.

Sunidhi
Safety and PV coordinator in Indien
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Value for money

It is easy to deploy and monitor the exact data amd activity .

There is nothing to be disliked about the product it has all features which was required by us.

Hari
Hari
Tecnnical Executive in Indien
Telekommunikation, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best App for check productivity

It is a valuable asset for tracking time in specific projects, we can also fetch the duration of activity going to serve a request, it also helps how many tools we are using in our working environment.

It fetch all the urls and decrease the security of a team. some time feels hectic.

Garrett
System Administrator in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Review

Kommentare: Overall, for the cost, you won't find a better product. Would recommend!

The product is easy to administrate, implement, and monitor. Classification and department groupings are easy to manage and granularly control.

The easy subversion of idle tracking and app activity reporting makes this a less useful tool when dealing with non-compliant employees. Though we realize this is a personnel issue at the root, we'd appreciate if this was made harder by the product development team.