4.6/5
    4.4/5
    4.6/5

Über SpamTitan

Führende Anti-Spam-Filter für geschäftliche E-Mails, die bei der Kontrolle des Nachrichtenflusses, seiner Reinigung und dem Schutz vor unerwünschten E-Mails hilft.

Erfahre mehr über SpamTitan

382 von %{reviews_total} Bewertungen angezeigt

Ágoston D.
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.8.2019

"Versatile spam/av filter for reasonable price"

Kommentare: It is great. Good software for a modest price tag: not too expensive but not too cheap so they are able to cover support and pay support engineers with qualities. It works as expected.

Vorteile: The ease of setup, the integration of Bitdefender sandbox, the punctuality of the spamfilter - after training -, the user quarantine, price tag, fast and quality(!) support. The quality of the checks and inclusion of bitdefender is a big extra. And I have to mention the support again: once we ran into a problem updating the software at a customer the speed of response and willing to help and solve the issue for us analyzing the system, etc was great ( The problem caused by our fault as we gave too few resources to the VM because we waited for more RAM to the virtual hosts and didn't upgrade the settings when we had enough resources again to run all workloads.) Support was willing to recover the system to be fully functional with a remote help.

Nachteile: Looking for logs about a specific message could be easier. While it's great and usable for an experienced admin this is a bit tedious for Level 1 support guys. However, there's a detailed description/howto page which covers all the details (https://helpdesk.spamtitan.com/support/solutions/articles/175885-using-history). I just mean that could be easier to follow a message and look for all occurrences in the logs.

• Bewertet am 17.8.2019
Jeff B.
Director of Operations
  • Bewertet am 26.11.2019

"A product that does a great job"

Kommentare: Our previous product was not stable and didn't filter out spam as well as we wanted. This tool exceeds out expectations!

Vorteile: I really like the customization that is available for this product. We have total control over the spam filter environment for all our customers. The environment is stable which is very important to us and our customers. The support staff was great when we were getting our environment configured. They were quick to reply to emails and reach out to assist us as needed. The spam filtering is top-notch and much better than other products we have used.

Nachteile: It can take some time to learn the environment and get it configured to your needs. That is expected when you have an environment like this that allows you to have total control.

von TitanHQ an 28.11.2019

Jeff thanks for the great feedback and I'll pass your support score on to the support team, very important to them. Delighted to hear that our spam filtering is doing the job for you guys.
Thanks for taking the time to give us such positive feedback

• Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Mark S.
Executive
  • Bewertet am 23.3.2020

"Efficient Email Spam Filter"

Kommentare: Blocks everything it needs to from mail, virus's, malware, etc, does its job.

Vorteile: They offer free 30 day trial to test it out. If you have nothing in place currently, you will see that a spam filter is needed. Also say 99.99% rate but found that a bit more spam still sneaks into mailbox but does great job at getting rid of most of it.

Nachteile: There are other hardware pieces and software out there that works better as a spam filter. Barracuda products give way more control and feel the block rate is better as well.

• Bewertet am 23.3.2020
Kerim J.
Senior System engineer
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2019

"Email security"

Kommentare: Strong product with a nice future packages. Good Quality of Service and Support. It was a good decision to replace our Barracuda Email Security Gateway with SpamTitan.

Vorteile: Our business requirements on features and graphical interface performance including the price made for us the decision.

Nachteile: Some basic Features necessary for Enterprise environment is not given out of the box.

• Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Conor L.
Principal Engineer
  • Bewertet am 13.7.2018

"Decent features for the price could do with some more features. Would still recommend."

Kommentare: Spam is removed.

Vorteile: Cloud based software so nothing to install on site. The dashboard allows you to see what emails have been quarantined, allows white listing of domains. Decent set of basic features. Price point reflects what you get.

Nachteile: The following lets it down:
1. The quarantine reports to the users are once a day, i get a lot of emails from staff saying they haven't received a email from a client and i have to log in to check, a quarantine email once a hour would be much better.
2. Some email which don't even match basic standards get block but not reported, took us a while to realise this as we had a ioT device misconfigured but had no idea Spam Titan was blocking it.
3. It can fail to deliver to the endpoint mail server, but doesn't report whether the email was successfully delivered or not just that it passed or didn't pass the spam listing, you have to go into the actual email and look at the headers.
4. Would be nice if there was a encrypted SMTP relay too that could scan email going out. Haven't had a compromised laptop or email account but could see how this would help.

von TitanHQ an 23.8.2018

Hi Conor,
Thanks for your kind review and your very helpful feedback on SpamTitan. It has been fed back into the product team. Their feedback is as follows:

1.This is true that SpamTitan sends one report per day, however all end users can request on-demand reports as many times per day as they wish, simply by clicking the On Demand Link at the bottom of the report.

2. All mail that connect to SpamTitan will be reported on in the Reporting > History tab. Along with all headers.

3. If a mail is passed to the mail server this will be shown on the Reporting > History tab. Along with the SMTP response the Mail Server provided.

4.SpamTitan will filter all outbound mail and can have TLS enabled for encrypted traffic.

We're constantly developing and trying to improve SpamTitan Conor, thanks again for the great feedback

Kind regards,
Dryden

Marketing Director,

Onur E.
System Administrator
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.12.2019

"Successful Mail Filtering Application"

Kommentare: SpamTitan is an application with basic mailgateway features that can be installed on virtual or physical servers. According to the claims of 99.9% successful results. In the process I tested. Antivirus is a bit delayed in the direction of the successful results.

Vorteile: The setup is fast and practical like a lot of mailgateway applications. With an existing configuration backup, you can immediately set up a new mailgateway and continue where you left off.

Nachteile: I think mail body filtering is also limited in actions and actions

• Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Yousef A.
CEO assistant for ICT sector
Bankwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Ani spam system"

Kommentare: overall experience that the software if very good one and you could depend of it to protect your mail

Vorteile: - easy of use
- good filtering
- two kind of antivirus
- periodic update
- HA clustering
- good performance

Nachteile: i doesn't fully compatible with Microsoft AD and if you put the server in DMZ the user couldn't take action and we need admin to take this rule

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Holly S.
Umweltdienstleistungen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.1.2020

"Spam Titan review "

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great especially with all the work emails I get and not having to read the junk ones that are not related to me at all

Vorteile: What I like the most about Soam Titan is that it takes the emails that are not important to me and sends them to a folder so I don’t have to receive them. I also like the fact that I get alerts every time when an email comes through that shouldn’t. It’s always watching out for me. I also like the fact that I have it set up every month for payment so I don’t have to worry if it’s paid or not

Nachteile: The cons about this is having to pay for it. I understood that companies need to get paid for services but I would like a free service on something like this

• Bewertet am 4.1.2020
Karl S.
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2019

"Satisfied Client"

Kommentare: This has been a better tool for us compared to our previous provider

Vorteile: I like the accuracy of blocking/allowing emails. Much less spam gets through from previous software

Nachteile: I wish the cloud version we had allowed individual users to manage their accounts line

• Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Jon V.
Information Technology Field Technician
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.5.2019

"SPAMTITAN"

Kommentare: This is a most for any company. Has blocked and will continue to block tons of spam.

Vorteile: I love the detection rate. Its phenomenal. SpamTitan has helped me a tremendous amount.

Nachteile: Customer service is ok. Seems to be a little slow.

• Bewertet am 26.5.2019
Mike S.
Director of IT and Telecom
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.4.2019

"Antispam that is affordable, flexible and powerful"

Kommentare: Overall, we are very happy with the product and the customer support. We did have to put some time into this product but now we have a custom-fit solution, with fault-tolerance (two servers at two locations, both locations have both internet and private WAN access to the Exchange server) and we're saving thousands of dollars versus the managed solution we used to use. We can tighten things up if we wish, we have a lot of flexibility with this product. I rate it an excellent value. So much power, flexibility and fault-tolerance, for so little money.

Vorteile: We opted for an on-site appliance (a Linux server really, a VM in our case, but it's just a web-based console as far as configuration goes). Their cloud version is the same product running on their servers and that would relieve you of the work we put in, as I'll describe, but we wouldn't have it any other way. The on-prem version is what we like the most about this "software." We have another VM running at an alternate site, they sync with each other and one can take over if the other is down or unreachable. They also can load-balance. Yes this solution is a little more complex than are previous solution. But it's in the complexity that you get the flexibility. SpamTitan support has helped us tweak the settings based on what we're seeing in the console. Excellent history report shows everything, or you can filter very easily. Unfiltered you can see blocked (and why), quarantined, accepted...everything. If you don't see it, that email did not get to you, and in our experience it has been a Sender issue every time. SpamTitan, with the clustered configuration is less that half the cost of our old solution and we never have to upgrade or replace the "appliance" because it's just a VM, or one of our physical servers, either way, you never face an End of Life "you must upgrade" mandate from SpamTitan. Also - these servers will spool email until they can reach the email server. So if your email server is down or unreachable, you most likely are still getting email.

Nachteile: Well...it does require us to do some of the lifting and I have discovered there was a lot I didn't know about fighting spam. I turned on one block setting and started blocking emails I didn't want to block, okay...turn that off! We had warned all of our employees that we were switching products and to be on the lookout for spam and/or missing emails. Most reports were false, but in some cases there was a problem with the settings and this helped us to tweak the product. Also be aware that you need to use a trusted IP address or your emails may end up in the recipient's spam folder. We just used the IP from our old solution once we ran into this issue. There are certainly other examples, things not working right because we didn't set it up just right (we tend to do things on our own, we learn more that way). Every time we've gotten stuck I have gone to the website and checked their knowledge base. If I didn't find the answer I create a ticket. If you give them a console-generated code they can get into your system and look at your settings. After a month or two I think we have the settings where we want them. However, we keep an eye on the history report, watching for any signs of trouble. The product worked well right out of the box, but now it's really doing a good job, without blocking good emails (yes, some bad emails get through, but it's at least as good as our old expensive managed solution).

• Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Tristan S.
Manager Information Technology
  • Bewertet am 13.7.2018

"Setup was very straight forward "

Kommentare: Once we got through the growing pains we don't have to field many helpdesk tickets from users getting use to this software coming from our previous spam filter. The other big benefit is that our previous spam filter service provider was about to double our yearly rate so your software ended up having a better spam detection rate and was also less expensive.

Vorteile: Easy to setup and maintain. The detection rate is fabulous. When we initially setup the software we were getting tons of false-positives but this subsided after several weeks of use after which time I assume the system started to pickup on the types of emails that we consider legit.

Nachteile: It would be better to have a more well rounded user portal. For those users with many false-positives in an email notice it would be good to have a way to release the emails without opening a web browser tab for each and every email to be released or at least bring the user to the portal login page so they can easily manage many releases if this is not possible through the email client. Not a big deal but it is a little annoying personally for me. I believe in the beginning I was told that there was no user portal to then later find out that there was one. Not sure where the disconnect was but this feature ended up being quite crucial for the owner of the company I work for as he was used to working in the portal of our previous product (Barracuda). The other problem that was noticed earlier on is that the daily summary emails would have these crazy ambiguous email addresses in them in the "From" field which I was told couldn't be modified. The owner of the company was very confused by this as the Barracuda would show us both the technical from address as well as what would normally appear in the mail client and would have more meaning to the end user and give them a better idea if the email was spam or not. I suggested at the time to the tech\sales person I was speaking with that this should be changed to at least show both "from" email address' so the end user is armed with more information to make an informed decision about the email being spam or not.

Benjamin J.
Director of Information Technology
  • Bewertet am 10.7.2018

"SpamTitan has saved me, saved my company time, and has some of the best support people around."

Kommentare: Just sorting the crap emails automatically that come in saves my company hours in man hours. It's also blocked malicious attachments which is awesome because the weakest part of any security is always the people. This helps with that tremendously

Vorteile: It's as close to "set it and forget it" as you can come in the IT field. Right out of the box support helped me set everything up in less than 20 minutes, no hardware to worry about, nothing like that. Literally all I have to do is check to see if something was blocked incorrectly once in a while, white list it, and done. I've been using spam titan for almost a year and in that time we have blocked over 200k spam/malicious emails for a 30 person company before they even hit employee mailboxes. I shut off the service for 48 hours just to make sure it easy legit, it was, and I haven't shut it off again since. Whitelisting and blacklisting domains and specific emails are super easy. Support Staff are awesome and go into detail when resolving problems if they were to arise or even if you just have a question. They have always been friendly and curteous and super personable and have been some of the best people to work with in all my years doing IT.

Nachteile: The only thing I feel is missing is the ability for cloud users to create their own key word filter. Don't get me wrong, the spam filter itself is amazing, just a bit more precise control on my end to mark specific phrases or words as spam would be nice. Being able to see the email body of messages that come in as SPF fails would be helpful at times as many company's we deal with have auto invoicing that fails SPF. Other than that no issues!

• Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Director of IT
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.8.2018

"Say byebye to spam!"

Kommentare: With over 500 mailboxes, spam had become a major problem for users. Not only was it an exposure point for phishing scams, but viruses as well. Along with just wasting resources on my email server and clients computers. Spamtitan has put a stop to most, if not all of the spam related issues my organization had. It is worth every penny.

Vorteile: It has greatly reduced the amount of spam getting to my users. I hesitate to put a % to it for fear of being low, but I say 90% of the spam that use to get through is captured now. Not only that, but I can easily blacklist or whitelist specific addresses or domains. Something that was a painful process on my previous spamfilter platform. You can also pull metrics and reports to show how much mail has been processed and how much has been caught.

Nachteile: The setup process can take some time, but their support staff are very helpful and will get you through it. It is worth the setup pains for the filtering it provides though.

von TitanHQ an 23.8.2018

Thank you kindly for your review.
I'm delighted you found SpamTitan support staff helpful, I'll pass on the message.

When you have time don't forget to look at our web security layer, WebTitan, and our email archiving solution, ArcTitan.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated
Kind regards,
Dryden
Marketing Director,

• Bewertet am 2.8.2018
Dan O.
CEO / CTO
  • Bewertet am 7.9.2018

"Great Product and Easy to Use"

Kommentare: SpamTitan has done an excellent job of clearing out the loads of spam we were getting prior to putting the product in place.

Vorteile: After going through a fairly simple setup, SpamTitan just works. It does a great job of stopping most spam and has a small number of false positives. It is also pretty easy to set up notifications on any blocked emails to ensure that proper capture is occurring. One side feature that I really like is using the web interface to see what emails have been allowed through. Using that information, when a client calls and tells us they sent an email that we didn't get, I can immediately look on SpamTitan to see if the email reached our servers at all. This allows me to very quickly determine if an email that never reached us was blocked on by our servers or prior to reaching us at all.

Nachteile: If you change a filter in the web interface to return too many records, the site will sometimes hang.
I have sent in questions for support once or twice, and I do get a reply very quickly that the staff will address my question, but I often never get a response after that.

Jose A.
Security/Technical Architect
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.12.2017

"Great anti-spam filtering solution"

Kommentare: Anti-spam filtering service and online archiving system. Great for security and cloud migrations.

Vorteile: There are several advantages of using this software. Apart from being an anti-spam filtering solution, it also serves as a temporary archiving service when you need to take your mail servers down for maintenance. You will never lose an e-mail. Great tool to have if planning an e-mail migration to a cloud provider. No more appliances and almost zero configuration apart from relocating your MX records. Highly recommended.

Nachteile: The customer support is not that great. It always appears that you are dealing with the same person over a chat or report ticketing system. I am not so sure how many engineers are working in support but I always seem to work with the same person. It is really hard to get a remote session with an engineer, most of the time you only receive ticket replies with instructions to be followed and it feels like trial and error. Nevertheless, the software works perfectly so you rarely need to use support. It is for extremely irregular situations that you would contact support.

• Bewertet am 26.12.2017
Fernando S.
principal

"spamtitan"

Kommentare: overall positive, support has been great, missing some features to make it a truly polished enterprise/msp/carrier top shelf product.

Vorteile: 1) virtual appliances
2) clusterable
3) support ldap/s
4) user specific CP

Nachteile: a) does not provide reporting of how many mailboxes each domain is using in a given month - being a multitenant system and we with many clients, we lost this ability to have emailed/automated reports of how many mailboxes are active in a given month under each domain. seems easy to code and would provide value
b) really don't like how it handles aliases, treating them as unique 'accounts'
c) still has the spamassassin feel, the best of breed from back in the day was postini
d) really don't like that your appliance doesn't email us when it can't reach a downstream smtp target. sure we do snmp/wmi/pingdom monitoring for our key clients, but it's niceto have the edge system send an email/snmp trap when it cannot connect to a domain's downstream smtp server. agian, shouldn't be hard to code....

Faburn F.
Consultant
  • Bewertet am 7.9.2018

"SpamTitan Cloud Review (after 2 years use)"

Kommentare: My company has used the SpamTitan Cloud solution for approximately 2 years without experiencing noticeable technical issues or downtime. I occasionally need to add a white list entry or release emails that are not SPAM. The end users get a daily email to allow them to identify emails caught in their SPAM filter and decide how the application should handle them. The licensing count is not tied to a specific domain which is attractive if you support multiple domains or are an MSP.

Vorteile: - The application is stable and requires little maintenance.
- Support is responsive and knowledgeable
- Cost is a good value and pricing structure allows for use with multiple domains to maximize licensing.
- New email addresses are automatically learned to ease administration and automate licensing needs.
- Good reporting
- User self maintenance works well.

Nachteile: - Not really an issue for me, but there is no mobile admin client.
- Web interface seems dated, which is not a concern of mine, but it could turn off some admins.

Jonathan C.
Chief Technology Officer
  • Bewertet am 10.9.2018

"Great Pservice with a great product!"

Kommentare: We have seen reduced amount of phishing emails as well as overall Junk mail. The best part of the product is it takes on a lot of the junk traffic that we would otherwise see hitting our network and email servers and filters it before we receive the emails. Also the ability to still receive email when the email server itself is offline is a big benefit in maintaining business continuity.

Vorteile: The service as well as the products we use with TitanHQ have been rock solid since we started. We are an MSP so reliability and ease of use followed up by excellent responsive customer service are only magnified by the amount of clients that we use with TitanHQ. Currently we server over 500 individual users and no one has had a complaint. This has been a wonderful partnership so far and we will continue to use the. Right now we currently use ArcTitan and Spamtitan with much success.

Nachteile: There is not really anything to like about this company or the services they provide.

Account Manager
Marketing & Werbung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
    Nicht bewertet
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 2.11.2018

"Anti-Spam Winner "

Kommentare: 9.5/10.

Vorteile: My inbox can get pretty busy after a long day of meetings. If I don’t manage to clean them, it can clog up my emails. Once I go through these emails, I notice that majority of it is spam and junk which I don’t personally need. Blocking and moving to my spam folder is time consuming and I could do better things with that time. SpamTitan captured me from the moment I tried it and has never failed me so far. I can now manage my inbox and know that I don’t have to deal with malicious threats.

Nachteile: Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It’s very rare though.Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It’s very rare though.

• Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Bud D.
Director of IT
Kunststoffe, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.9.2018

"Very good spam & virus filtering front end"

Kommentare: SpamTitan keeps the bulk of junk mail off out internal mail server, offloads the mail trasmission, and provides a 3rd layer of AV scanning (SpamTitam, Mail server, end point all have different AV software)

Vorteile: The interface is very responsive and easy to navigate. Installation was easy; regular updates are provides and also install very easily. Very few false positives.

Nachteile: No facility for custom scoring; mail is either 'good' and passes, or is 'bad' and is rejected. Many spam filtering system have a scoring system so that when particular conditions are met (key words in a subject or msg body, country of origin, time of day, bulk mail status, destination, sending TLD, etc), a cumulative score is created to determine spam status. Would love to have SpamTitan be able to add 'Posible spam' or some such to the subject so the mail server or user filters could pick it up.

Travis A.
IT Director
Konsumgüter, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.9.2018

"Great product, complete lack of support or communication from the company"

Kommentare: We were getting 90% spam to our mailboxes before, now its closer to 10%.

Vorteile: The software is easy to setup, pretty easy to use and navigate. It stopped most of our spam issue (using the SpamTitan Gateway), got rid of quite a bit of sent in viruses (rest caught from Exchange or local clients).

Nachteile: Reboots and updates sometimes caused the file system to get "corrupted", requiring some cmd line level programs to get it healthy again. Also had issue with how licenses were counted as we only have 35-40 employees but they have multiple email addresses (first.last, fnlast, etc) and it shows up as 150+ people, really wish it was mailbox linked and not address linked. Our biggest issue is not with the software, but with the company. They have stopped answering emails, stopped answering the phones. We have been trying for a month and a half to get support and its radio silence. We still have 18+ months left on our 3 year contract and are already looking for a new product with actual support.

Hector G.
Network Administrator
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"SpamTitan is Good!"

Kommentare: Our biggest benefit I must say is that little peace of mind in case our onsite server goes down our emails will still be deliver as soon the server is restored.. even up to 5 days.

Vorteile: Setup is simple. Don't need much time to understand options or features, Menus and options are easy to navigate and find. When you need support they always answer fast. Is one of those things you setup and just forget about it.

Nachteile: System slows down quite often, nothing serious enough to regret in my case with only 110 email addresses to handle for reports and quarantine. Quarantine alerts/reports timeframes are too long even for the smallest business... I consider this its biggest flaw! as the shortest timeframe is daily. This should improve with a shorter or a programmable option offered globally and/or in a categorized list selectable by user or groups.

Luca S.
Senior IT Consultant & Partner
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.9.2018

"easy to manage, almost no false positives."

Kommentare: I'm very satisfied with this product. We manage several installation on both single mail server and multi mail server configuration. It is very easy to setup and maintain which makes it a perfect software for production environments.

Vorteile: What I like the most about this software is the fact it is an appliance that can run as a Virtual Machine.
It highly simplifies the implementation of the product in any environment or architecture.
It is easy to manage any internet domain and all the rules to them related.
It supports more mail servers.
It makes use of 2 different Anti-Virus to reduce the risk to let Viruses pass the appliance.

Nachteile: the outlook addin or the way for the user to manage their quarantine is not the easiest. it could be managed in a different way, especially for MS Exchange users.

• Bewertet am 5.9.2018
Harold S.

"Love Spamtitan"

Kommentare: I manage several different types op mailservers, postfix, hmailserver and MS Exchange. All e-mails in and out are sent through SpamTitan, so it works with all kinds of mailservers. It is really stable and it protects a lot of people.

Vorteile: I like the value for money. The VM appliance doesn't consume much resources. Spam tagging is good, managing the interface is straightforward and works. The appliance is very very stable. It never crashed in the last 8 years. Updating is straightforward, questions sent to support are answered fast.

Nachteile: Managing and changing multiple domains could be a bit better. Changing several domains takes a bit of time. Export Import of a central config file would be a good option.
When a new kind of spamming hits the market, Spamtitan does take a couple of days to react to that.