Über SpamTitan

Führende Anti-Spam-Filter für geschäftliche E-Mails, die bei der Kontrolle des Nachrichtenflusses, seiner Reinigung und dem Schutz vor unerwünschten E-Mails hilft.

Erfahre mehr über SpamTitan

Integration was easy, post sales team ensured all the steps were taken correctly and it is highly effective.

It's lacking intuitiveness of other competitors. Regularly have to phone because a user will start receiving 'unsolicited bulk spam' and their emails get blocked sending out.

Bewertungen zu SpamTitan

SpamTitan hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 525 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SpamTitan bereits verwendet?

Nabila
Nabila
Human Resources Manager in Malaysia
Vermögensverwaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Combating spam email with SpamTitan is very effective

Kommentare: Utilizing SpamTitan as the primary spam-fighting app has proven to be very successful, and it has provided me with more benefits than other more well-known brands. I am very pleased with the price and consider it to be very useful for the price I paid. Whenever I thought about email security, the first thing that comes to mind is SpamTitan.

SpamTitan has a high level of consistency when it comes to preventing spam and malicious communications from reaching my primary inbox. Setting up the specific keyword that I want to be used in the blacklist keyword and the whitelist keyword is quite easy. After setting it up, the procedure is streamlined, and I would not have to keep track of it because it would send me a weekly report.

There have been times that a legitimate email has been blocked and no message has been received to inform me about this practice, resulting in the email remaining in the junk inbox until I manually search and whitelist it. For the first time, adding a domain to the app can be daunting, and I had to seek assistance.

bill
Systems Admin in USA
Chemikalien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Nice product, tried many others

Kommentare: I tried a bunch of products before purchasing this and i would make the same decision again

The support has been great, my users like the ability to check on there own quarantine, the email digest has been popular.

the filtering seems over sensitive, finer grained filter controls would be nice! being able to receive a digest more than once a day would make a few of us happy. We are struggling with the analytics to understand why some of these emails are being scored as high as they are.

Computer-Vernetzung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cost effective and easy to use

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

The configuration of SpamTitan is very easy and allows for quick deployment.

The user portal for accessing user settings and filtering is quite dated and could use a facelift.

James
IT Manager in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Avoid this fraudulent company

1,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Horrible service, this company is a scam! we canceled well before renewal but were charged anyway, the following year we were charged again despite not being an active customer for well over 12 months. When I asked to speak with leadership regarding my experience I was told they were too busy and had no interest in speaking with me. If you do decide to go with them keep a close eye on your statements as they may continue to charge you well after canceling service.

It kind of worked when it wasnt having issues

Poor customer service and support. When there was a multi month issue with email flow I was recommended by support to not use the product but wouldn't offer any additional license time or consideration due to the outage.

Scott
IT Director in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan Review

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall experience is great. I have recommended this product to other peers.

Ease of use and Deployment is what we liked most of SpamTitan.

Setting up to capture all the SPAM. Just takes some time to setup and get it to capture just the SPAM.

Tyler
Technical Support Specialist in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good mail filter, easy for our users to manage.

SpamTitan provided a lot of the functionality of our previous mail filtering service, while keeping costs competitive. It's very simple and easy to use from an end user perspective, and not terribly hard to set up as an Administrator. There are plenty of options for deployments both small and large. On the back end SpamTitan uses a collection of open source software like Spamassasin and ClamAV, bundled together in a pretty web interface they've designed and provide support for. Compared to rolling your own solution, hiring a Linux admin to manage a mail filtering service, this is much more cost effective.

Support was a little lacking. Their headquarters are in Ireland, so responses take a little longer, and it's a little hard understanding them sometimes, especially over the phone. The audio quality of overseas phone calls is very poor. The foundation SpamTitan is built on Spamassasin is only so good, it doesn't catch spam and viruses like the leading mail providers (Gmail/Google Apps). For that reason, it may require a little more time for administrators to fine tune settings.

Syazwani
Syazwani
Talent Acquisition Executive in Malaysia
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Protect my emails from vulnerable

Kommentare: Using SpamTitan as my main software to fight spam emails is very effective and more benefit i have seen better then other more popular brand. I am very happy with the pricing and really valuable with what i has paid. When I think about email protection, it is always SpamTitan that pop-up in my mind.

SpamTitan has a very good accuracy in filtering a spam and malicious emails from entering my primary inbox. It is very easy to set up my own keyword that i want to include in the filter keyword and setting up the whitelist keyword. After setting everything up, the process is automated and i don't have to constantly monitoring it as it will sent me report for every-week activity.

There are time that a legit email will be blocked and there are no notification sent to remind me about this activity, and resulting that email stayed in the spam inbox until i have to manually check and whitelist it. Adding domain into the software for the first time can be confusing and i had to ask for a support to fix it.

Scott
Senior Security Analysts in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Spam Titan Rocks

Kommentare: Well worth the investment in the product, they are innovative and have excellent customer service.

The ease of use in getting these services up and running, then the ease of use across the board.

Not a con, however, they need to work more on end-user spam reporting, I use KB4 for this and would rather this service be in ST and or sync the lists that and black to defender as my secondary.

Noorhidayu
Noorhidayu
Human Resources Executive in Malaysia
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Protect inbox from spam attack with SpamTitan

Combating spam and malicious email is the best to be done with SpamTitan. I can add my own whitelist and blacklist for any keyword that i deem likely to be a spam email or advertising email that i don't want to receive anymore. I will generate the report every week to monitor how many spam email has been blocked.

It will takes some time for a novice user especially a non-technical user to deploying this software and integrating it with their current email provider. It is not a bad thing, but need a more effort on the user side to study more how this software operating and the structure the system.

Habibah
Habibah
Information Technology Support Assistant in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Protect my email from spam attack

Kommentare: Deploying this software in my email system has reduce the risk of me getting attack from spam email and malware. With the increase case of people get attack by ransomware attach with their email, this software will totally protect me from that attack.

Combating spam and malware attack on my email is the biggest feature that SpamTitan has help me with. The email monitoring really work well and will block and notify me if any of the emails show strange behavior or comes from entrusted source.

SpamTitan is quite hard to learn all the feature and tools that comes with it. Some of the notification alert is too strange and i need to constantly referring back to the manual to know the description of the alert.

Mike
Director of IT and Telecom in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Antispam that is affordable, flexible and powerful

Kommentare: Overall, we are very happy with the product and the customer support. We did have to put some time into this product but now we have a custom-fit solution, with fault-tolerance (two servers at two locations, both locations have both internet and private WAN access to the Exchange server) and we're saving thousands of dollars versus the managed solution we used to use. We can tighten things up if we wish, we have a lot of flexibility with this product. I rate it an excellent value. So much power, flexibility and fault-tolerance, for so little money.

We opted for an on-site appliance (a Linux server really, a VM in our case, but it's just a web-based console as far as configuration goes). Their cloud version is the same product running on their servers and that would relieve you of the work we put in, as I'll describe, but we wouldn't have it any other way. The on-prem version is what we like the most about this "software." We have another VM running at an alternate site, they sync with each other and one can take over if the other is down or unreachable. They also can load-balance. Yes this solution is a little more complex than are previous solution. But it's in the complexity that you get the flexibility. SpamTitan support has helped us tweak the settings based on what we're seeing in the console. Excellent history report shows everything, or you can filter very easily. Unfiltered you can see blocked (and why), quarantined, accepted...everything. If you don't see it, that email did not get to you, and in our experience it has been a Sender issue every time. SpamTitan, with the clustered configuration is less that half the cost of our old solution and we never have to upgrade or replace the "appliance" because it's just a VM, or one of our physical servers, either way, you never face an End of Life "you must upgrade" mandate from SpamTitan. Also - these servers will spool email until they can reach the email server. So if your email server is down or unreachable, you most likely are still getting email.

Well...it does require us to do some of the lifting and I have discovered there was a lot I didn't know about fighting spam. I turned on one block setting and started blocking emails I didn't want to block, okay...turn that off! We had warned all of our employees that we were switching products and to be on the lookout for spam and/or missing emails. Most reports were false, but in some cases there was a problem with the settings and this helped us to tweak the product. Also be aware that you need to use a trusted IP address or your emails may end up in the recipient's spam folder. We just used the IP from our old solution once we ran into this issue. There are certainly other examples, things not working right because we didn't set it up just right (we tend to do things on our own, we learn more that way). Every time we've gotten stuck I have gone to the website and checked their knowledge base. If I didn't find the answer I create a ticket. If you give them a console-generated code they can get into your system and look at your settings. After a month or two I think we have the settings where we want them. However, we keep an eye on the history report, watching for any signs of trouble. The product worked well right out of the box, but now it's really doing a good job, without blocking good emails (yes, some bad emails get through, but it's at least as good as our old expensive managed solution).

tod
Network Engineer in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Spam Titan Rocks

The deployment went very smooth and customized to our environment very well. Every obstacle we had was dealt with and overcome. The product is way better than other competitors with appliances. We can ramp up a vm and transfer the config in minutes if there is an issue.

It takes a few minutes to get used to the interface and it is hard to find the email log at first.

Automotive, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Say byebye to spam!

Kommentare: With over 500 mailboxes, spam had become a major problem for users. Not only was it an exposure point for phishing scams, but viruses as well. Along with just wasting resources on my email server and clients computers. Spamtitan has put a stop to most, if not all of the spam related issues my organization had. It is worth every penny.

It has greatly reduced the amount of spam getting to my users. I hesitate to put a % to it for fear of being low, but I say 90% of the spam that use to get through is captured now. Not only that, but I can easily blacklist or whitelist specific addresses or domains. Something that was a painful process on my previous spamfilter platform. You can also pull metrics and reports to show how much mail has been processed and how much has been caught.

The setup process can take some time, but their support staff are very helpful and will get you through it. It is worth the setup pains for the filtering it provides though.

Antwort von TitanHQ

Thank you kindly for your review. I'm delighted you found SpamTitan support staff helpful, I'll pass on the message. When you have time don't forget to look at our web security layer, WebTitan, and our email archiving solution, ArcTitan. Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

Terence
Principal Consultant in Singapur
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan Experience

Kommentare: I look forward that the appliance solution can be more stable and features improved. Overall, it is a very good solution and definitely value for money. But the solution inconsistent stability and lack of the above features creates disadvantage for the solution. The support still needs to improve. The experience with the support is not good as the follow up from the support team is rather poor. Would be good to have a performance survey for the support after each incident. So far, there is no follow up and the incident left open.

Simple and fast to setup Value for money

Somehow the gateway appliance is still not very stable. Experienced: - History listing suddenly disappears - Sometimes the application refreshes and hangs - when click on the details of the quarantined mailbox, the details appeared only after some time Improvements: - Our customers are asking if the subject, delivery status can be permanently displayed. Currently if logoff, it must be checked again to display - No export function for the global whitelist - RBL listing - when disabled, all the RBL list is removed and has to be added in again upon enable - Global whitelist should allow multiple addition before saving. Currently only can add one by one

Jose
Security/Technical Architect in Neuseeland
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great anti-spam filtering solution

Kommentare: Anti-spam filtering service and online archiving system. Great for security and cloud migrations.

There are several advantages of using this software. Apart from being an anti-spam filtering solution, it also serves as a temporary archiving service when you need to take your mail servers down for maintenance. You will never lose an e-mail. Great tool to have if planning an e-mail migration to a cloud provider. No more appliances and almost zero configuration apart from relocating your MX records. Highly recommended.

The customer support is not that great. It always appears that you are dealing with the same person over a chat or report ticketing system. I am not so sure how many engineers are working in support but I always seem to work with the same person. It is really hard to get a remote session with an engineer, most of the time you only receive ticket replies with instructions to be followed and it feels like trial and error. Nevertheless, the software works perfectly so you rarely need to use support. It is for extremely irregular situations that you would contact support.

Peter
IT Operations Manager in USA
Baumaterial, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan - a great service for a great price

Kommentare: We had to quickly change spam filtering services due to licensing changes, and some other circumstances. We didn't want to sign a year or longer contract. SpamTitan was highly rated in a number of the forums that I looked at. The pricing was great for what we needed, and it was month to month. When I set it up to test, it worked just as I had hoped. The migration from our previous vendor was painless, and kudos to them that we were able to export things like our allow/block lists. There was a minimum of massaging of those lists to get them into SpamTitan. We did have some snags the first few days, and support was ready and able to get things fixed. There was sufficient follow-up. The experience overall was fantastic.

Easy to implement Great support Month to month, no long term commitment Has all the features I needed Good user interfaces, both admin and general user Little user training required

Support is out of Ireland, so there is often a lag in response Billing has been a bit difficult to sort out, 3rd party billing company Mail logs only kept for about 30 or 45 days, I would like 6 months available

fernando
principal in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

spamtitan

Kommentare: overall positive, support has been great, missing some features to make it a truly polished enterprise/msp/carrier top shelf product.

1) virtual appliances 2) clusterable 3) support ldap/s 4) user specific CP

a) does not provide reporting of how many mailboxes each domain is using in a given month - being a multitenant system and we with many clients, we lost this ability to have emailed/automated reports of how many mailboxes are active in a given month under each domain. seems easy to code and would provide value b) really don't like how it handles aliases, treating them as unique 'accounts' c) still has the spamassassin feel, the best of breed from back in the day was postini d) really don't like that your appliance doesn't email us when it can't reach a downstream smtp target. sure we do snmp/wmi/pingdom monitoring for our key clients, but it's niceto have the edge system send an email/snmp trap when it cannot connect to a domain's downstream smtp server. agian, shouldn't be hard to code....

Jonathan
Chief Technology Officer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great Pservice with a great product!

Kommentare: We have seen reduced amount of phishing emails as well as overall Junk mail. The best part of the product is it takes on a lot of the junk traffic that we would otherwise see hitting our network and email servers and filters it before we receive the emails. Also the ability to still receive email when the email server itself is offline is a big benefit in maintaining business continuity.

The service as well as the products we use with TitanHQ have been rock solid since we started. We are an MSP so reliability and ease of use followed up by excellent responsive customer service are only magnified by the amount of clients that we use with TitanHQ. Currently we server over 500 individual users and no one has had a complaint. This has been a wonderful partnership so far and we will continue to use the. Right now we currently use ArcTitan and Spamtitan with much success.

There is not really anything to like about this company or the services they provide.

Jake
IT Director in USA
Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Works well with O365!

Kommentare: Overall, it took a while to get familiar with the product and understanding all the possibilities that are available to me. I talk with support frequently and I usually get a response pretty quick. Since coming familiar with the product, we've got quiet the setup configured to guarantee a relationship for life. I use it daily and cannot express enough how much headache SpamTitan has saved us from in regards to blocking malicious and virus content from entering into our organization. I'm happy to be a SpamTitan customer and plan to do so for a very long time.

The ability to create as many Content Filter rules that I need with no limits on what I can or cannot block

There are often times I need to review or release an email quickly while on the go. I know in a server setup a mobile app may not be possible, but it is a bit of a pain to have to stop, find login info and fiddle through the tabs on a small screen to view what you need in a fast pace environment.

Information Systems Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent for our needs

- Spam protection that is adjustable- The quarantine allows you review every email flagged as spam- Email archiving is convenient

It takes some time and testing to adjust the spam score so that false positives are reduced while spam is actually caught. This really isn't a negative against SpamTitan - other similar products require the same.

Director of Operations in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A product that does a great job

Kommentare: Our previous product was not stable and didn't filter out spam as well as we wanted. This tool exceeds out expectations!

I really like the customization that is available for this product. We have total control over the spam filter environment for all our customers. The environment is stable which is very important to us and our customers. The support staff was great when we were getting our environment configured. They were quick to reply to emails and reach out to assist us as needed. The spam filtering is top-notch and much better than other products we have used.

It can take some time to learn the environment and get it configured to your needs. That is expected when you have an environment like this that allows you to have total control.

Antwort von TitanHQ

Jeff thanks for the great feedback and I'll pass your support score on to the support team, very important to them. Delighted to hear that our spam filtering is doing the job for you guys. Thanks for taking the time to give us such positive feedback Dryden Geary, TitanHQ

Adam
IT Manager in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan Provides Excellent Protection

Kommentare: It has been fantastic and I absolutely love the product.

The layout is slightly dated and reminds me of older software like Magento's backend. Graphs could be flashier and there could be more of them, but these are minor things for me. However, they may matter more to others.

Luca
Luca
Senior IT Consultant & Partner in Singapur
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

easy to manage, almost no false positives.

Kommentare: I'm very satisfied with this product. We manage several installation on both single mail server and multi mail server configuration. It is very easy to setup and maintain which makes it a perfect software for production environments.

What I like the most about this software is the fact it is an appliance that can run as a Virtual Machine. It highly simplifies the implementation of the product in any environment or architecture. It is easy to manage any internet domain and all the rules to them related. It supports more mail servers. It makes use of 2 different Anti-Virus to reduce the risk to let Viruses pass the appliance.

the outlook addin or the way for the user to manage their quarantine is not the easiest. it could be managed in a different way, especially for MS Exchange users.

Juan
Tier 2 Service Desk Technician in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Spamtitan is a Solid Product

As an msp, integrating new customers into spamtitan is a pretty straightfoward process. There are nice security features like anti spoofing, virus scanning, and the ability to customize spam scores based on specific criteria. The ability to give users access to view and whitelist emails caught by the spam filter is a plus. I’ve worked with countless vendors and i can say without a doubt that the quality, knowledge, and resolution speed of spamtitan support is unmatched.

Spamtitan is a feature rich product and as such there is a learning curve to it as an administrator. It can be difficult to know exactly what some of the features are doing and the documentation is not as in depth as i would like. One security feature that i would love to see is the ability to open an encrypted zip file since the decryption key is usually given in the message and then once opened spamtitan scans the content for viruses. As of right now we either have to block encrypted zip files or let them through so this is not an ideal situation either way.

Hafizah
Hafizah
Assistant Manager Business Development in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan to shield my email from spam intrusion

This product has a lot of customizing options, which I like. For all of our customers, we have absolute control over the spam filtering system. The environment is steady, which is critical to our clients and us. When we were setting up our environment, the support personnel was accommodating. They responded quickly to emails and reached out to help us when we needed it. The spam detection system is excellent, far superior to other products we've used.

Learning the environment and configuring it to my needs can take some time. That's is to be expected in a situation like this, especially when we are dealing with very advanced tools or features that SpamTitan has provided.