Über SpamTitan

SpamTitan Anti-Spam für geschäftliche E-Mails steuert den E-Mail-Fluss, bereinigt ihn und schützt vor E-Mail-Spam und Malware.

Erfahre mehr über SpamTitan

Integration was easy, post sales team ensured all the steps were taken correctly and it is highly effective.

It's lacking intuitiveness of other competitors. Regularly have to phone because a user will start receiving 'unsolicited bulk spam' and their emails get blocked sending out.

Bewertungen zu SpamTitan

SpamTitan hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 528 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SpamTitan bereits verwendet?

Nabila
Nabila
Human Resources Manager in Malaysia
Vermögensverwaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Combating spam email with SpamTitan is very effective

Kommentare: Utilizing SpamTitan as the primary spam-fighting app has proven to be very successful, and it has provided me with more benefits than other more well-known brands. I am very pleased with the price and consider it to be very useful for the price I paid. Whenever I thought about email security, the first thing that comes to mind is SpamTitan.

SpamTitan has a high level of consistency when it comes to preventing spam and malicious communications from reaching my primary inbox. Setting up the specific keyword that I want to be used in the blacklist keyword and the whitelist keyword is quite easy. After setting it up, the procedure is streamlined, and I would not have to keep track of it because it would send me a weekly report.

There have been times that a legitimate email has been blocked and no message has been received to inform me about this practice, resulting in the email remaining in the junk inbox until I manually search and whitelist it. For the first time, adding a domain to the app can be daunting, and I had to seek assistance.

bill
Systems Admin in USA
Chemikalien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Nice product, tried many others

Kommentare: I tried a bunch of products before purchasing this and i would make the same decision again

The support has been great, my users like the ability to check on there own quarantine, the email digest has been popular.

the filtering seems over sensitive, finer grained filter controls would be nice! being able to receive a digest more than once a day would make a few of us happy. We are struggling with the analytics to understand why some of these emails are being scored as high as they are.

Brittany
Collections Manager in USA
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

THANK YOU!

Our company was getting SO many spam and phishing emails. Once this software was implemented, I was able sort and manage my email easier.

Sometimes emails that I have "allowed" in the quarantine report, still get quarantined. I would rather have this though then a ton of spam.

Timothy
Managing Member in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan works great -- until it doesn't

Kommentare: I am spending 30 minutes writing a review in the hope that other people will make a better first selection than we did. Our experience showed us that the product is only marginally reliable and their support is god-awful.

Was easy to implement and, as the title said, it worked great until it did not.

This is a cloud-based product. In early August, the product totally failed. (it was a Friday morning in the US, but dont remember the date as we have moved on to an)other product). Just noticed that we were no longer receiving emails. Rerouted DNS to cut SpamTitan out of the loop and email (unfiltered) started flowing. Contacted Spam Titan and they confirmed that the cloud instance on which we were running was offline for unknown reasons. Our business is 24x7. We ran without Spam Titan on Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday, and Monday. We called for updates, on Friday afternoon, Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday. Each time, there were no updates and were told that we would updated by email and by phone if we left our best contact number. Well, that never happened. Interestingly, we were not offered to route through any other web-instances. By late Tuesday, we had already vetted another product and moved our production platform to the new provider. Their support SUCKS. Moreover, I am going through the same goat-ropin' with trying to cancel my subscription. If you call them and make the appropriate selection, you always go to voice-mail (again, no callbacks). If you select "technical support", they have to connect you with Customer Service (one time out of two tries, I got a live CS person and they told me that they would have to connect me with "retention". Again, no one was available but was promised that someone would call me back -- never happened.

Jeff
Computer-Vernetzung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cost effective and easy to use

The configuration of SpamTitan is very easy and allows for quick deployment.

The user portal for accessing user settings and filtering is quite dated and could use a facelift.

Syazwani
Syazwani
Talent Acquisition Executive in Malaysia
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Protect my emails from vulnerable

Kommentare: Using SpamTitan as my main software to fight spam emails is very effective and more benefit i have seen better then other more popular brand. I am very happy with the pricing and really valuable with what i has paid. When I think about email protection, it is always SpamTitan that pop-up in my mind.

SpamTitan has a very good accuracy in filtering a spam and malicious emails from entering my primary inbox. It is very easy to set up my own keyword that i want to include in the filter keyword and setting up the whitelist keyword. After setting everything up, the process is automated and i don't have to constantly monitoring it as it will sent me report for every-week activity.

There are time that a legit email will be blocked and there are no notification sent to remind me about this activity, and resulting that email stayed in the spam inbox until i have to manually check and whitelist it. Adding domain into the software for the first time can be confusing and i had to ask for a support to fix it.

Scott
Senior Security Analysts in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Spam Titan Rocks

Kommentare: Well worth the investment in the product, they are innovative and have excellent customer service.

The ease of use in getting these services up and running, then the ease of use across the board.

Not a con, however, they need to work more on end-user spam reporting, I use KB4 for this and would rather this service be in ST and or sync the lists that and black to defender as my secondary.

Noorhidayu
Noorhidayu
Human Resources Executive in Malaysia
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Protect inbox from spam attack with SpamTitan

Combating spam and malicious email is the best to be done with SpamTitan. I can add my own whitelist and blacklist for any keyword that i deem likely to be a spam email or advertising email that i don't want to receive anymore. I will generate the report every week to monitor how many spam email has been blocked.

It will takes some time for a novice user especially a non-technical user to deploying this software and integrating it with their current email provider. It is not a bad thing, but need a more effort on the user side to study more how this software operating and the structure the system.

Habibah
Habibah
Information Technology Support Assistant in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Protect my email from spam attack

Kommentare: Deploying this software in my email system has reduce the risk of me getting attack from spam email and malware. With the increase case of people get attack by ransomware attach with their email, this software will totally protect me from that attack.

Combating spam and malware attack on my email is the biggest feature that SpamTitan has help me with. The email monitoring really work well and will block and notify me if any of the emails show strange behavior or comes from entrusted source.

SpamTitan is quite hard to learn all the feature and tools that comes with it. Some of the notification alert is too strange and i need to constantly referring back to the manual to know the description of the alert.

Gretchen
Co Owner in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Spam no more!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I have had an awesome experience with spam Titan and I recommend it to all of my friends

I like how it works every time and immediately. My system works smoothly with spam titan.

I haven't had any issue with it thus far.

Mike
Director of IT and Telecom in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Antispam that is affordable, flexible and powerful

Kommentare: Overall, we are very happy with the product and the customer support. We did have to put some time into this product but now we have a custom-fit solution, with fault-tolerance (two servers at two locations, both locations have both internet and private WAN access to the Exchange server) and we're saving thousands of dollars versus the managed solution we used to use. We can tighten things up if we wish, we have a lot of flexibility with this product. I rate it an excellent value. So much power, flexibility and fault-tolerance, for so little money.

We opted for an on-site appliance (a Linux server really, a VM in our case, but it's just a web-based console as far as configuration goes). Their cloud version is the same product running on their servers and that would relieve you of the work we put in, as I'll describe, but we wouldn't have it any other way. The on-prem version is what we like the most about this "software." We have another VM running at an alternate site, they sync with each other and one can take over if the other is down or unreachable. They also can load-balance. Yes this solution is a little more complex than are previous solution. But it's in the complexity that you get the flexibility. SpamTitan support has helped us tweak the settings based on what we're seeing in the console. Excellent history report shows everything, or you can filter very easily. Unfiltered you can see blocked (and why), quarantined, accepted...everything. If you don't see it, that email did not get to you, and in our experience it has been a Sender issue every time. SpamTitan, with the clustered configuration is less that half the cost of our old solution and we never have to upgrade or replace the "appliance" because it's just a VM, or one of our physical servers, either way, you never face an End of Life "you must upgrade" mandate from SpamTitan. Also - these servers will spool email until they can reach the email server. So if your email server is down or unreachable, you most likely are still getting email.

Well...it does require us to do some of the lifting and I have discovered there was a lot I didn't know about fighting spam. I turned on one block setting and started blocking emails I didn't want to block, okay...turn that off! We had warned all of our employees that we were switching products and to be on the lookout for spam and/or missing emails. Most reports were false, but in some cases there was a problem with the settings and this helped us to tweak the product. Also be aware that you need to use a trusted IP address or your emails may end up in the recipient's spam folder. We just used the IP from our old solution once we ran into this issue. There are certainly other examples, things not working right because we didn't set it up just right (we tend to do things on our own, we learn more that way). Every time we've gotten stuck I have gone to the website and checked their knowledge base. If I didn't find the answer I create a ticket. If you give them a console-generated code they can get into your system and look at your settings. After a month or two I think we have the settings where we want them. However, we keep an eye on the history report, watching for any signs of trouble. The product worked well right out of the box, but now it's really doing a good job, without blocking good emails (yes, some bad emails get through, but it's at least as good as our old expensive managed solution).

JJ
IT Manager in Kanada
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan Cloud Service

Kommentare: Very good, we came here after trying two other services for a couple years each. SpamTitan is very useful to us and we re-evaluate providers every so often and continue to stick with them.

It's hosted offsite, but gives me the ability to modify and tweak anything I want. Customer Service is easy to reach and always helpful. Does a good job with filtering, we rarely have to white list and don't get much spam at all. The best part is that I can forget about it.

Not a huge con, but I wish there was more notifications around maintenance, slow-downs, outages etc. We've been with this service for years and wouldn't still have it if it caused disruptions, but there were a few hiccups I needed to call it to find out about. That may well be something that is available too, I just am not aware, nor is it a big enough issue for me to waste time looking into.

Amr
Manager in Ägypten
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Spam titan-link lock

Kommentare: A perfect solution and they are keeping update and upgrade it yet

Spam titan is an exallent product for email securityIt has a full of features which pro ide all the needed criteria to detect the spam emails with a very hight rate of capture And I want to focus on the new feature LinkLockWhich raise the capture rate of spam detection to a hight standard Normally if the email is clean with no malicious content it will be Mark as clean and if it include a URL which is not included in any bad categories it will be marked as clean,But sometimes the URL is bad and not included in any bad categories cause it is still new Here the link lock works and scan the URL on the fly to decide if it is clean or not and if it is not clean , it will turn the URL to a text which the end user can not click on it and keep it that way and deliver the email and even if you forward the email to someone outside your organisation it will keep it as text also which protect even your customers

Nothing for now , really it is miner issues which they always solve

Syazila
Syazila
Information Technology Assistant in Malaysia
Öl & Energie, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

My choice for anti-spam software

SpamTitan is actually really worked, and has really decreasing the amount of spam email that i have receive before. It only need to be setup onetime, and most of the time, i don't even have to monitor the report as they rarely blocking a legitimate email that are sent to my email.

There are some feature that are not available at the moment on the software, like to preview the content of the spam email, without having to whitelisting the email. It will be a good feature, so user can totally know what is the content of the email that has been blocked from the main inbox.

Wayne
IT Consultant in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Avoid their Cloud Offering

Kommentare: My biggest regret with using SpamTitan was to buy in to a 3-year deal to avail of a discount. That is only my own fault as they do not offer a refund if you decide to cancel the service. I used their cloud based spam-filter service so cannot comment on their non-cloud offerings. As a small MSP you will want to avoid this product which lacks end-user accessibility beyond very basic control via hyperlinks. You will find yourself micro-managing end-user accounts endlessly. Avoid their outbound mail-relay completely – huge headaches will ensue. And their support can also leave you dangling for days. I ultimately took the hit and moved to DuoCircle half way through the three-year period; footing the bill myself to ensure my clients had a more reliable email delivery experience. It's not just about identifying spam, when you rely on a pipeline for mail-delivery, one weak link in the chain can bring your mail-flow to its knees. Choose wisely.

Good at positively identifying spam mail

The cloud-based version is not good for an MSP. Support is mediocre

Antwort von TitanHQ

As the marketing director of TitanHQ I am deeply disappointed that you have had a negative experience with our business. We pride ourselves on the standard of our pre and post sales support and in your case it seems that we didn't meet our own high standards. For that I apologise. We will reach out directly to you to achieve a mutually amenable resolution. Kind regards, Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

Technical Director in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Outdated and severely lacking in features

Kommentare: I was in love with spamtitan when we first got it, but the lack of development into the platform is sad. Come February, when our license is up, we are not renewing. We already purchased Barracuda's cloud ESS and Archiving which has AI/Deep Learning spam detection, Email continuity with ability for users to send/receive, a vastly more modern UI, etc. etc. etc. And arching, all together about $1/user. I asked for quotes from spamtitan. I didn't receive 1.

It's cheap, except the thousands of dollars you spend upfront, price per user is relatively low. It works decently, but as spam becomes more sophisticated it is less and less efficient every month.

Stupendously lacking in features. The UI is old and outdated. Software development releases almost NEVER come out. We might have had 1 last year. Your supposed to have regular security updates every three months. We are lucky if we get one a year. To get the lastest base of FreeBSD, I have to rebuild the appliance from scratch! I run pfSense and FreeNAS, both on FreeBSD. When they update, the upgrade the entire OS. You need developers.

Birgit
Birgit
managing director in Deutschland
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

EGroupware Cloud services use SpamTian

Kommentare: Nice solution, does what it is supposed for, Support is good and good contact to TitanHD people.

User can Blacklist/Whitelist from EGroupware directly or mark mails as Spam. The archive of the last X days gives the opportunity to resent mails customer by chance deleted and don't use an separat archiving solution.

I'm missed to select internal flow easily (mails from users within the same domain). Its easy to select inbound & outbound, but we had situations where we needed to release a bunch of internal mails and that is more effort to select.

Corey
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Well designed product at an affordable price.

Kommentare: Customer support before and after have been exceptional

Spam filtering and reporting work as they should. Customer support is great.

Encryption and Archiving could be easier to deploy and manage.

Jacco Waalewijn
Partner / Systems Architect in Niederlande
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product and support

We is SpamTitan (virtual appliance) because it have proven itself to be a very complete, robust and stable Email security platform. It performs very well, the monitoring and logging features are very good giving us the ability to track alle email traffic in case of any customer questions according to email messages. In case of any questions we aren’t able to answer with our support team, the Titan HQ support team is very Active. Most cases are picked up within 30 minutes and solved within the hour. So overall we rate this product but also this company as: EXCELLENT.

Because of the many options and features SpamTitan offers, it sometimes is quite a search between the main features and their options within.

Bud
Director of IT in USA
Kunststoffe, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Very good spam & virus filtering front end

Kommentare: SpamTitan keeps the bulk of junk mail off out internal mail server, offloads the mail trasmission, and provides a 3rd layer of AV scanning (SpamTitam, Mail server, end point all have different AV software)

The interface is very responsive and easy to navigate. Installation was easy; regular updates are provides and also install very easily. Very few false positives.

No facility for custom scoring; mail is either 'good' and passes, or is 'bad' and is rejected. Many spam filtering system have a scoring system so that when particular conditions are met (key words in a subject or msg body, country of origin, time of day, bulk mail status, destination, sending TLD, etc), a cumulative score is created to determine spam status. Would love to have SpamTitan be able to add 'Posible spam' or some such to the subject so the mail server or user filters could pick it up.

Travis
IT Director in USA
Konsumgüter, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great product, complete lack of support or communication from the company

Kommentare: We were getting 90% spam to our mailboxes before, now its closer to 10%.

The software is easy to setup, pretty easy to use and navigate. It stopped most of our spam issue (using the SpamTitan Gateway), got rid of quite a bit of sent in viruses (rest caught from Exchange or local clients).

Reboots and updates sometimes caused the file system to get "corrupted", requiring some cmd line level programs to get it healthy again. Also had issue with how licenses were counted as we only have 35-40 employees but they have multiple email addresses (first.last, fnlast, etc) and it shows up as 150+ people, really wish it was mailbox linked and not address linked. Our biggest issue is not with the software, but with the company. They have stopped answering emails, stopped answering the phones. We have been trying for a month and a half to get support and its radio silence. We still have 18+ months left on our 3 year contract and are already looking for a new product with actual support.

Jake
Cloud Engineer in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan Review

Kommentare: Excellent experience using SpamTitan to protect my 3000~ users from malicious E-mail phishing techniques and Spam.

Ease of Use and Excellent Customer Support

Pattern filtering desperately requires simplification. Extremely difficult to implement pattern filters. Syntax.

Harold
Owner in Niederlande
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Love Spamtitan

Kommentare: I manage several different types op mailservers, postfix, hmailserver and MS Exchange. All e-mails in and out are sent through SpamTitan, so it works with all kinds of mailservers. It is really stable and it protects a lot of people.

I like the value for money. The VM appliance doesn't consume much resources. Spam tagging is good, managing the interface is straightforward and works. The appliance is very very stable. It never crashed in the last 8 years. Updating is straightforward, questions sent to support are answered fast.

Managing and changing multiple domains could be a bit better. Changing several domains takes a bit of time. Export Import of a central config file would be a good option. When a new kind of spamming hits the market, Spamtitan does take a couple of days to react to that.

Juan
Tier 2 Service Desk Technician in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Spamtitan is a Solid Product

As an msp, integrating new customers into spamtitan is a pretty straightfoward process. There are nice security features like anti spoofing, virus scanning, and the ability to customize spam scores based on specific criteria. The ability to give users access to view and whitelist emails caught by the spam filter is a plus. I’ve worked with countless vendors and i can say without a doubt that the quality, knowledge, and resolution speed of spamtitan support is unmatched.

Spamtitan is a feature rich product and as such there is a learning curve to it as an administrator. It can be difficult to know exactly what some of the features are doing and the documentation is not as in depth as i would like. One security feature that i would love to see is the ability to open an encrypted zip file since the decryption key is usually given in the message and then once opened spamtitan scans the content for viruses. As of right now we either have to block encrypted zip files or let them through so this is not an ideal situation either way.

Hafizah
Hafizah
Assistant Manager Business Development in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan to shield my email from spam intrusion

This product has a lot of customizing options, which I like. For all of our customers, we have absolute control over the spam filtering system. The environment is steady, which is critical to our clients and us. When we were setting up our environment, the support personnel was accommodating. They responded quickly to emails and reached out to help us when we needed it. The spam detection system is excellent, far superior to other products we've used.

Learning the environment and configuring it to my needs can take some time. That's is to be expected in a situation like this, especially when we are dealing with very advanced tools or features that SpamTitan has provided.