Great internal chat function - not great switching from mobile to desktop

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Carissa J.
Director Enrollment
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this is a good tool and I would recommend it to other companies; however, if you are out of the office a lot and need a quick chat function, I would not use this product. I would use basic text or Microsoft Teams instead. The syncing issues in conversations are enough to think twice about using this as a basic work chat option, but the other functions (calling/screensharing) are ok if you already are paying for other microsoft software and this is bundled in the price

Vorteile: Very easy to use and good features (chat/screen sharing/calls). This has helped us communicate better with our partners overseas, especially for conference calls and screen sharing. Great for internal use for chat and also to add external business partners for chat and conference calls/screen sharing. We have utilized this with our overseas partners from many different countries and it has worked well as an option for quick communication, instead of always using email for simple questions.

Nachteile: Very robotic sounding audio that happens frequently in meetings. The connectivity is ok, but the audio is terrible most of the time. We have tested this with multiple different settings and different places/users, but the audio is subpar at best and not really reliable. Also, switching from mobile to desktop, and back again, is terrible. The messages dont come through all of the time, leaving missed conversations and awkward discussions with external partners (this happens with internal employees too). The desktop dashboard also shows when you are on mobile, which is a terrible feature if you dont always want/need your team or clients to know where you are.

For past 8 years! I am using less phone call and more skype for business!

Bewertet am 8.12.2019
Tuhin B.
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am using skype for business for more than 8 years since they had skype. Maximum time I am using it for collaboration with my clients and dealing with any projects. Skype is now my primary application to use on my mobile for making a call. I don't even use phone calls anymore that much.

Vorteile: 1. Easy access to virtual numbers at the lowest price.
2. Can chat, group video.
3. Beautiful interface.
4. Multi device supported.
5. Screenshare, a best feature during the meeting with a client.

Nachteile: 1. As I am located in the South West area. Sometimes phone call drops a lot for poor connections. But it does not happen always. Like 0.5% on everyday usage.
2. I wished they had a time zone and time visibility based on user profile or location within the chat interface.

Good Messaging tool

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Information Security Analyst
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, it is an efficient and highly useful tool in an office environment, which works perfectly in Windows but needs a bit of improvement in MAC. It's instant, gives you everyone's status, so work can be planned, syncs with Outlook meetings and doesn't let anyone miss any notifications, which is crucial.

Vorteile: The messaging is instant and it indicates the availability of the users, which is helpful. What I like most about the tool is that it sends an email notification of any missed messages. That has saved me in many situations! It syncs up with Outlook and changes the availability according to the meetings. The tool is helpful while using a desktop/laptop as well as its mobile application, which I use it when I am away from my desk and still need to be connected. So, it can be used on the go too. The "Contact" feature is good, where I can create a contact group of my team and maybe favourite colleagues. That helps me arrange my contacts in a particular order and is also helpful during group conversations.

Nachteile: The tool has issues when using a MAC. The first and most frustrating issue is having multiple instances of a conversation with the same person. There should be one instance of a conversation with someone, which makes it easier to go back and search for something. However, in MAC, a new conversation line item opens for the same person every time they start a new conversation. It's hard to keep track of the chat flow.
The second and only issue is the absence of "In a Meeting" status in MAC. In MAC, the status changes to "Busy", every time there is a meeting. Hence, it's hard to distinguish when a person is busy with some work and when they are actually in a meeting. It's crucial at times to have an "In a meeting" status in an office environment and "Busy" just doesn't cut it.

Skype for Business: Unified Communication at its best!

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
IT Client Manager
Bankwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Most communications and conferencing needs are addressed by Skype for Business. Microsoft Teams might expand Skype possibilities when it will be fully deployed, but it will never replace it completely.

Vorteile: Skype for Business has a great user interface and lots of features to communicate with colleagues and partners (provide you federate with them through it). The UI is quite simple and easy to learn that you won't find any difficulty if you are using it for the first time, advanced functionalities like aking groups might require some learning though.
Starting conference calls is as easy as looking up a contact name you want to talk to and press a call button . Emoticon choiche is nice but not extensive but if you consider this not a teen chat app, they are OK. When integrated with Exchange and Outlook your conversations can be saved and you can access them later in a special folder in Outlook for future reference. Also when integrated with Exchange/Outlook and proper conferencing hardware, you get the capability to schedule meeting with proper links for phone and web calls to the conference, so participants can join wherever they are.
The Video call and screen sharing option are available along with chats and true life savers, especially the screen sharing, when you need your contact to show you something hard to explain or reproduce.
Presence is available and customizable and triggers can be set up to notify you when someone gets online or change status, to bug, ehm get in touch with them easily.
Add you can also make polls while having a chat with your participants and get instant results and you understand why Skype for Business is so popular.

Nachteile: File sharing options are not so rich, call recording does not seem to be a feature Microsoft invested enough time to develop, adding images inline in chats might be a nice feature that is missing.

SKYPE IS MY TYPE

Bewertet am 20.9.2019
IT PERSON

Kommentare: There are certain things that I mostly like in this product it’s screen sharing property that allow me to share my screen with my colleagues during any particular task. I can also store my important documents and files on this application because it provides a huge amount of storage that can keep dozens of files altogether. Additionally, I love the way in which it records my video and audio conversions. Also, an important feature that I prefer is it’s cross device communication that allow me to communicate to my teammates on every type of device. All these interesting features are making my experience with this application more enhanced and also quite interesting. Last but not the least it provides an immense security for my documents as well as for my pictures and videos also.

Vorteile: There are certain things that I mostly like in this product it’s screen sharing property that allow me to share my screen with my colleagues during any particular task. I can also store my important documents and files on this application because it provides a huge amount of storage that can keep dozens of files altogether. Additionally, I love the way in which it records my video and audio conversions. Also, an important feature that I prefer is it’s cross device communication that allow me to communicate to my teammates on every type of device. All these interesting features are making my experience with this application more enhanced and also quite interesting. Last but not the least it provides an immense security for my documents as well as for my pictures and videos also.

Nachteile: There are certain things that I mostly like in this product it’s screen sharing property that allow me to share my screen with my colleagues during any particular task. I can also store my important documents and files on this application because it provides a huge amount of storage that can keep dozens of files altogether. Additionally, I love the way in which it records my video and audio conversions. Also, an important feature that I prefer is it’s cross device communication that allow me to communicate to my teammates on every type of device. All these interesting features are making my experience with this application more enhanced and also quite interesting. Last but not the least it provides an immense security for my documents as well as for my pictures and videos also.

Connect with your co-workers

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Osamah A.
Student
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Skype for Business for almost 3 years now and I am completely satisfied with it. I often connect with my friends and family through Skype video calls and the video quality is just amazing, the voice is fine and pure. Skype does have other features than calls that often come in handy and makes your work easier like the Whiteboard and the screen sharing features. through 3 years of using Skype, I have realized how much it saved for me by letting me make tons of calls without charging a dime! I just love Skype for Business!

Vorteile: I love Skype for Business because it lets me connect with my friends, classmates or even with strangers that I meet in some online game! Skype has many many amazing features that I enjoy every day. it lets you voice call or even video call your friends in an HD resolution and high-quality audio for free and without any interruption. I always make video calls with my entire class using Skype for Business. As it allows up to 250 different users to be connected in one single call, that is just amazing. we usually use this feature to discuss the class. Another feature I like about Skype for Business is the screen sharing feature, in which you can share your desktop with someone else, he can see everything in your screen without needing to be beside you, that is very helpful. Also, I like to use the Whiteboard which is like a work-space that you can use to explain and draw things on it. You can make your own Poll and get your friends to vote and display the results.

Nachteile: Bottom line, nothing to hate or dislike about Skype for Business, it is just the perfect phone (or video) calls platform. Some people might hate to pay some money for more features but it is worth it!

Daily User

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Travis A.
Director of People & Culture
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We take the good with the bad, but the benefits far exceed the few cons we've identified. We will continue to use Skype daily as it has become ingrained in the way we conduct business.

Vorteile: Big money saver for our business. Helps us eliminate the need for expensive phone networks and business travel. We have multiple locations around the country and Skype for business allows us to have frequent video conferences from location to location without business travel.
We have come to rely on it so much that most of our employees have moved away from desk phones to just using Skype for Business as their only phone. It's been a logical and easy transition for us.

Nachteile: Occasionally we have a weird glitch where it will shut down on us for some un-known reason. It's usually intuitive enough for some non-technical employee to get it figured out and fix it, but sometimes we have to call in the experts from our IT department to come bail us out.

An Extremely Versatile Means of Professional Communication

Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Financial Consulting Performance Improvement Intern
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Skype for Business is a phenomenal software that has truly incorporated a lot of features into one extremely easy-to-use application. Knowing that you can stay in communication with absolutely anyone in your firm, and knowing their availability throughout the entire workday makes it a very convenient application to use, which is why I will continue to use it as a my first option for communication and messaging at work. The subtle and slight change of granting a user the ability to save certain messages would be a large plus, but regardless of whether or not such a feature gets incorporated, the software remains highly useful, effective, and dynamic.

Vorteile: As briefly indicated by the title, the most valuable aspect of this software is its ability to truly serve as an extremely flexible channel of communication in both an active and a passive sense. Not only does the software function as a platform to send messages, chat casually and professionally, share your screen, easily upload and download files, and more, but it also functions as a way to keep tabs on the activities of your fellow co-workers without having to physically ask them whether they are fully available, busy, or in an important meeting where they cannot be disturbed. Since the software automatically updates whether you are away from your computer or on it, others can know if it is a good time to talk to you, or if you are currently inactive or busy. In addition, perhaps my personal favorite aspect of this software is that you can choose to not receive messages for a certain period of time. This makes me feel calm and relaxed when presenting my screen to a group of coworkers, knowing that no private information will pop up on my screen via a Skype chat.

Nachteile: Although this software has been truly helpful and rewarding throughout the years where I have used it on a daily basis, there is one small aspect where I have always felt like improvement could be made. Once a skype chat is closed, all messages are immediately lost and, as far as I know, there is no way to recover them. As a result, important information can be accidentally dismissed, or a crash of the application can cause info to get lost, forcing the user to have to ask for it again. This has been a relatively frequent problem that my co workers and I share, and has forced us to use another form of instant messaging when sending links that we may need to access multiple times. A feature to "save" messages or "pin" them would certainly be largely satisfactory to many users.

Good for connecting with colleagues

Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Recruiter
Medienproduktion, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I have had a positive experience with Skype and would love to see them continually improve upon the product. I found that when using Skype for video calls, the quality is usually very good in terms of both the picture and audio.

Vorteile: Skype integrates very well with the Microsoft office suite and has enabled me and my colleagues to connect with each other instantly and effectively. I think it's great that Skype allows you to edit messages that were previously sent. This has enabled me to rectify embarrassing typos as well as correct vital information. Our team also likes how you can setup different chats with specific individuals; this is very helpful when we need to share information with a more broad or limited audience. I also like how all users can easily view which members have been added to what chat. When using skype for video calls, I like to use the screen share feature quite frequently for training during meetings as well.

Nachteile: In terms of features I would like to see, I think it would be great if Skype would have one more layer of backup for messages. There have been times where I deleted messages and wasn't able to restore them. In the past, Skype would allow us to copy and paste information from multiple highlighted messages into our company database. However, in a recent update, skype did away with this feature and now we have to copy multiple messages one by one. This is very inconvenient and I would love to see this restored! Skype also has issues with lagging and crashing that seem to be unrelated to our company network.

Great communication facility

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Asesora turística en Medellín
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a journalist, and although I currently work in the tourism sector, specifically in a travel agency, for me the use of social networks is of vital importance in order to attract customers and build trust through constant interaction with the public, being Skype for Business a basic communication channel or essential to achieve that contact directly and live that without a doubt bet for quality attention to our customers, so I spend a lot of my time making calls to show varieties of facilities of lodgings and recreational, parks, tourist sites in general, and thus customize the reservations, generating without a doubt better results with a high percentage of packages sold, that unlike sending an email.
This software generates that psychological effect of security and trust that I recommend for the promotion of our services or products, I think there are many people who feel more secure when they see our face, and listen directly to our explanation, thus also avoiding us to fall into misunderstandings that in the future could discredit us professionally. Nothing better than to face, provide solutions and win satisfied customers.

Vorteile: What really makes me use this software is its great functionality in the communication area, especially for me as a journalist, since among its functions you can share chat, make video conferences, and send other files, with a high security system, allowing us to interact with our colleagues or clients and hold meetings either nationally or internationally without any kind of problem, in addition to being able to link to any type of device and keep track of our calls made which could serve as a database of our clientele to continue promoting our service in the future and also has a response capacity much faster than an email when offering tour packages making the work much more efficient, since it allows a live contact with people and thus Quickly determine your aspirations and be able to provide them with what they are really looking for to enjoy r your holidays in a pleasant way, that really seems great.

Nachteile: Many times you have problems regarding the resolution of sound and video, as many applications must be paid to use all its functions such as voicemail or call a landline. Sometimes it is vulnerable to bring viruses to our computers. It can also attract unwanted contacts that could harm our work and personal peace of mind. It is important to emphasize that for its proper functioning you must have a good internet connection.

Skype : Must Need for All Organisation

Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Senior System Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience is quite good actually in terms of scalability there is no ideal replacement of its type it has been used by many organizations from many many years so it's kind of great control and its integration without dog and other Microsoft products provide Cherry on the cake you can directly see When a person is in meeting and when he is available so that you can connect with him this type of integration with your calendar and my calendar I mean Outlook calendar not Google calendar is quite useful it manages the overall time for everyone just like in my eye like to speak with manager for some discussion so I can directly see when he is available in a way that he is not caught up in an official meeting I can directly send invite so that our discussion is posted on one another calendar we can offer letting this no to everyone wants to reach out in business house

Vorteile: It is highly popular and almost every organization uses it so it is quite helpful in reaching out to other organizations like client stakeholders project managers in an informal way that has previous validation is already done in terms of account creation and authenticity when it comes to organization email configuration.

Nachteile: This type of software come at a price the licensing is quite costly especially small organizations which are using the basic version of Skype cannot ping reach to business Skype users because of some security issues and while sharing of files there can be a potential threat of security because sometimes there are some practical data related to science like SOA specs back so that when you share via Outlook and Skype is directly posted to Microsoft service so there should be a matter of getting all this stuff end to end.

Skype! Effective, easy for your users to adopt, clean and feature rich

Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Anthony H.
Service Desk Manager
Bankwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been asking to deploy skype for years in our infrastructure. When we finally did, i was on the team that set it up and determined how we shaped the policies on use. Our user surveys immediately increased. It allowed for our employees to be able to lean on each other more for support and / or other departments when they needed to ask a question. Our call center employees could ask for escalations without abandoning a phone call or placing a member on hold. Our branch staff were able to ask other tellers how to perform a function. This definitely freed up a lot of the helpdesk queues across our organization. Skype is a solid and known product. While there are TONS of competitors with a lot more options, or APIs you can build off of. Skype works. It is a solid product and is simple to use. It helps that a lot of people are already familiar with the product as well.

Vorteile: Easy setup and deployment. Since its a Microsoft product, it communicates easily with a Windows network and Active Directory. Ability to webconference, chat, user groups, screen share, etc. Skype isnt LOADED with features. it has the features you would need to use for this purpose. Our users adopted this product quickly and with little training. GUI and flow. It is laid out in a clean effective manner. Very easy to develop training (if needed). The screen / application sharing is great for desktop support. It allows our employees to share screens with each other to ask for help. They can share with their manager when they have a question. It is discreet and to a member who is waiting for an answer, its seamless.

Nachteile: Backend reporting and management. We could not find a plethora of reporting options. It seems to be one size fits all. Customizing needs for your organization are pretty non existant. While that makes it easy for us to say, "no thats not possible". It would be nice if i could give reports to our directors and executives. We get a common question, "how many messages does "representative" send a day". "Who is "representative" talking to the most. Without having to dig into conversation history for each individual, it is very limited.

Skype For Business-Excellent and integrated tool for business conference and meetings

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Shikha V.
HR Manager
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Skype is an outstanding and easy to use application for business meetings and conferences across the globe and it serves our purpose well.

Vorteile: Skype is the most prominent name when it comes to video and voice conferencing solution for communication across the world. This tool allows its users to interact via texting, audio and video communication. We have been using this tool in our organization for almost 2.5 years now and it is best option for us to conduct conference meetings as our entire team is across the world, connecting from five different locations. We also use this platform to conduct interviews for potential candidates at different locations.
It also has the ‘Screen Sharing’ option, which it makes it super-easy for presentations. The tool is user-friendly and allows the sharing of files. It also creates a directory of important and frequently contacted people so you do not have to look throughout the list every time. It also gives you the option to provide screen control in case you are sharing the screen with the team.
The help support system is quick and provide guidance instantly. It does not provide a feature of chat/video recording but the chats are still there on the application unless you decide to erase it completely. It has interactive emoji and gifs, which helps in turning the conversation fun and interactive between team members.

Nachteile: The skype conferencing can be a hassle if you are a large group. You need to plan before the call before starting the meeting and sometimes very small technical issues with the camera or microphone can be aggravating. Thus, always plan before conducting a conference call for a large group. Sometimes it is difficult to hear the other party so they should work on the quality.

Skype for Business is great for work collaboration!

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
George H.
Data Analyst
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If your organization use Microsoft Office365, you might also have the ability to use Skype. Before looking into WebEx or GotoMeeting, trying using Skype and see if it meets your need.

Vorteile: Skype for Business is great for the following: Work collaboration, web meetings, video conferencing and web recording. We use it so all users (local and remote) can see the presenter's screen; a picture is worth a thousand words. The ability to see the presenters screen greatly increase the effectiveness of a remote meeting. While video conferencing is nice, it is not as valuable as seeing someone PC screen. Video conference also adds another layer of complexity to the a web meeting as you now have to deal with the PC screen, PC sound, and user video. It also require a lot more bandwidth. Another benefit of Skype is the ability to record the web meeting. This is very useful for historical purposes or can be used for training at a later date. I also use Skype to record training videos. Just set up a meeting, go in as the only presenter, then record. It records the PC screen, your mouse clicks, and your voice.

Nachteile: The software while easy to use, you do need a bit of training to present your screen, give control to users, or see another presenter's screen. This app is not something like email which you can learn and use within a few minutes. For instance, recording a session will take practice as you set up the application to be recorded, format and sound. It takes take to set up a meeting and present it. Try to do a mock meeting in advance to get familiar with Skype.

Skype for Business 2016

Bewertet am 20.1.2019
Gokul K.
Senior Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am having all overall experience of 13 years in Information technology and right from the beginning we are using the Microsoft chats and using this Skype for business for past 12 years in my organisation. Prior we used to have bridge calls, Webex for all interviews and phone calls. However as cost optimization/security we replaced with Skype for businesses in order to have interviews (Face to Face), Phone calls and meetings with the organisation users.

Vorteile: I am using the Skype for business after Skype has been integrated with Microsoft and using for past 2 years around from now. The most likely part are: 1. Able to get the conversation saved in Microsoft all the previous conversations can be obtained from Mail box based on the dates. The reason Microsoft is closely integrated all its production with Outlook.
2. Like our phones Skype meeting can be scheduled for free when you have Skype installed in your laptops/machines. I used to do the same as my company removed the Webex /bridge callings for any meeting to be performed. So it is more cost effective.
3. Skype for business is good for social and casual interactions.
4. More securatised since it is compatible with Microsoft 365 with the same authentications.

Nachteile: Some of the least part which I would like to know is: 1. We will get an error when the maximum number of conversation is reached. I am getting this this since I am in support project and able to conquer with several people in chat on Monday morning especially.
2. Some time video is not much clarity during interviews however I am comparing this concept with webex as an user.

A highly reliable and efficient source of multiple sorts of communication.

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Margaret ramsden R.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Unterhaltungselektronik, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The wide and strong community of skype users speaks for itself and the success of the skype tool. Continuous improvement and user-friendly experience is what keeps us continuously involved with this productive and handy tool.

Vorteile: Skype has always been my foremost choice whenever it comes to get linked or commute with the colleagues clients and colleagues. Equipped with all the latest tools and handy features it is by far the great tool that I have used.
I am at ease to make conference calls to discuss any on-going matter with the employees at the office with continuous sharing of messages and delivering necessary files.
As a software engineer, we often encounters such situations where we have to build up a chat room with specific individuals and have to sort out any major conflict or discussing new ideas which is accompanied along with sharing of text messages and files. This has only been possible through skype which is an ultimate source of communication.
In the end , skype for business is the primary choice for all professionals who have to be connected with their clients and professional colleagues 24/7.

Nachteile: Skype have been in my usage since for past 10 years and we have create a professional bond. As most of the time, I'm completely dependent on this tool for professional communication. By far, I haven't encountered any major issue except for those that file sharing is not much reliable in this tool. Either it gets disappear from the chat box or either it is unable to handle large volume files.
Few improvements needs to be done in this tool like advancing user dashboard or simplify searches for new connections so we could enjoy more reliable communications.

Skype - Essential Quick Communication

Bewertet am 19.11.2018
Brian J.
Crew Member
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Super helpful to connect with associates in a moment, love the integration with Outlook!

Vorteile: I work in a call center with about 150 agents active at any given time. Using Skype is the perfect way to answer in the moment questions for agents, reach out to other agents or supervisors to meet, set up specialized chat rooms, and more. I am part of a training team, and using Skype I can broadcast my screen easily with agents for virtual training (we have work-from-home agents). In addition, all agents are seamlessly linked across Outlook and Skype - the name doesn't change, so I don't have to figure out if I am talking to the 'right' person if I already know their email. Speaking of, employee search on Skype is huge. In a second I can search for any user and see if they are online/offline, away from desk (and for how long), or have set up an out-of-office message. Really helpful when trying to see if someone already left for the day or if they would be at their desk (our Skype shows inactive if you don't move your mouse for 5 minutes or if you lock your computer). Chat rooms help organize us into teams. Supervisors have authorization to create team-only chat rooms and easily manage these.

Nachteile: One thing I would love is the ability to only receive notifications for people I select. For example, I have several chat rooms opened to monitor operations at a high level, while also having individual messages open to other associates. If I could, I would like to turn off notifications (the yellow highlight in Windows) for all new chats except for those of my choosing. In addition, there is a mini pop-up window that appears with new messages - I would like more ocntrol over the function of this window (such as having it always appear for individual chats when I click away from the program, or etc.).

Superb software for business dealing.

Bewertet am 4.11.2018
Erica W.
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Outstanding software through which we can arrange conferences , meetings via live high quality video calls and much more. If I talk about the business benefits there will be uncountable words. It has been a part of my life using Skype for business in daily routines and having great services by this outstanding program.

Vorteile: In my opinion it is an excellent application. Most frequently use by a large number of people for connecting with teams or clients living at distant places. One can have access to Skype easily. Easy to download, install and use. It gives us a nice platform for keeping meetings with a number of people at the same time. Its video calling is the one of the powerful feature and that is most important for everyone. It allows us to share our screen with others in order to share our data or private information that we do not want to share in soft copy. For the project management it shows there is nothing except this software.

Nachteile: As far as I am concerned, with this collaborative software. It is better option instead of the other tools available in the market, because its complain ratio is very down and runs great. As I am a frequent user of this product I hardly have to come across with any trouble while using this source of collaboration. A minor issue that sometimes comes, is when I send audio voice massage it disappears in my chat room but the person whom I send, he receives.. It is a little strange thing It has happened 5 to 6 times but it is not a big deal, it might be my internet problem or connection error. Well I am satisfied with you Skype.

The Bottom Line

Bewertet am 30.10.2018
Shayne H.
Director of Sales
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: THE BOTTOM LINE: Skype For Business is a revolutionary application that encompasses of conferencing tools, chat clients, remote access, etc that can take care of all your communication needs. NOTE: If you're looking for a full-fledged VoIP service, you may want to look elsewhere.

Vorteile: One of the most outstanding feature of "Skype For Business" is that it supports up to 250 attendees in a meeting. However, here are some of the other Pros that I would like to mention:- 1) NO DISTURBANCES: Skype facilitates an easy integration with Outlook and Outlook Calendar. This makes it easy for an individual to accept an invitation to a meeting. Okay, here's my point - Skype will acknowledge your calendar data and will change your status to "in a meeting". This will get ride of any disturbances caused by side chats or notifications. 2) IT REPLACES TEAM VIEWER: Okay, maybe team view has other features that Skype doesn't at the moment. But Skype certainly gets the basics done when it comes to "remote connectivity". Within Skype's bundle of features is a great tool that helps you connect with an individual, take control of their system (temporarily) and show them how things are done. 3) AUDIO & VIDEO CALLS: I've got to admit, when I first started using Skype For Business (quite a long time ago), I was dissuaded by the poor call quality. However, things have changed! Now-a-days, Skype can facilitate high-quality audio/video calls.

Nachteile: There's not much that I dislike about Skype For Business. However, after carefully scrutinizing the software, here are some of the problems that I've faced:- 1) LAGGY AT TIMES: So this doesn't happen very frequently. However, I have noticed that whenever I have multiple chats or conversations open, Skype becomes unresponsive and sometimes even crashes. I find that a bit odd, considering the fact that I use a high end laptop. 2) NO CUSTOMIZATION: I feel that Skype users should be able to have a myriad of themes to choose from. My argument is: If Skype for personal use has it, then why not Skype for business? Giving professional users the liberty to customize a bit could probably break the monotony of a busy schedule and increase productivity in the long run. Or maybe that's just me.

PERFECT AND USEFUL for Communication Software

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Joel M.
Software Engineer
Unternehmensberatung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's arguably the most important collaboration tool we have in the company over the years of working here. It increased the efficiency of every employees and the ability to reach our co-workers in different countries and offices.

Vorteile: COUNTLESS BENEFITS of using Skype for Business.
It helps me communicate more easily and be closer to clients and seniors as well. I can say it is a PERFECT and USEFUL communication software and it is for all sizes of business as well as industries. I've been using it for years now, and I have no regrets of using Skype for Business. It EASY TO USE for arranging meetings and conferences over the Skype. Its features are remarkable. Functions are Great.
1) Video and Audio is so clear, and allows me to talk at the same time with more than 200 persons, although my meetings are not as big as its features, what I am saying here is it can be used by big organizations.
2) Allows me to share my screen with my colleagues in other offices to show them the program I am working on, so they could help me if I'm stuck as well.
It's a PERFECT Business IM solution that allows everyone to remain efficient by not having to pick-up the phone or send e-mail for basic questions.

Nachteile: It requires excellent connection when using it. Video result is great if you have a great connection too. But, Overall for me it is a blessing. It's features and functions are all amazing. There is nothing bad about it.

Robust Collaboration Platform

Bewertet am 3.9.2018
Nathan R.
Director, Management Information Systems
Öffentliche Ordnung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Skype for Business compensates for email's biggest failure: conversation, and especially, quick conversation, whether it's chat, voice, or video. Mostly we use it to have quick conversations via chat and that has largely replaced phone calls and texting in our office. Why is this important? Because the Skype for Business messages follow you, getting to you wherever you are without any extra effort or configuration on your part.

Vorteile: Skype for Business fits neatly into the rest of the Office 365 stable. Update your presence in Skype for Business, and it shows in Outlook (desktop and web), on the Office 365 browser toolbar, in Delve, etc. I like how easy it is to have a quick chat with a single person, then bring in other participants as needed. Or how easy it is to move from a chat to a video call, or to share your screen when talking, or to share a file while chatting--all without leaving the Skype for Business app. Skype for Business makes it really simple to manage contacts, allowing you to create favorites for those you collaborate with frequently and create groups of contacts for when you want to group chat. I love how easy Skype for Business makes it to start an impromptu meeting, too. The real plus for me, though, is the way Microsoft has threaded Skype through the Office 365 platform, so you're not tied to the desktop or smartphone app to get notifications and conduct conversation. And if you miss a message? No problem, as it's archived in your conversation history in Outlook (and Skype for Business sends you an email with missed conversations, too).

Nachteile: Skype for Business on the desktop frequently has difficulty maintaining a connection to the server. Sometimes I'm in the middle of typing a message and the app will freeze. The Android app, while quite robust in terms of features, seems to struggle without a lot of bandwidth. Hopefully future updates to both products will mitigate these issues.

Decent, useful and easy to use communication software.

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Jasmine R.
Software Development Engineer
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The benefits I have realized after using Skype they are countless, but I would like to say it helps me to get closer of my clients and keeps me closer to my seniors as well. Overall for me it is a blessing.

Vorteile: I have been using Skype for business for 3 years. It has been a perfect and useful communication software for all sizes of businesses and for all industries. It is an office platform by itself.
When I started using it made easier to arrange meetings and conferences over the Skype and currently its advance features and functions are remarkable. I like the way the team of Skype enhance this great software.
There are many features of Skype for business those I like to use, some of them are here:
1. Video and audio calling feature which allows me to talk at the same time with more than 200 persons. My meetings are not as big as its feature allows to use its advance system, so it can be used by big organizations. 2. Most important thing about Skype Its Audio and video recording that is completely secure and a fantastic feature which can save our meetings or conferences and helps in remembering the forgotten stuff. 3. This software let me use side conversation while doing meetings. I can easily have conversation with any person I want to do. This is one of the great feature which I love to use. 4. It allows me to share screen and programs which is very convenient and supportive feature for helping each other and sharing our files with other just via screen. 5. It is easy to use for everyone. It has advance featuring but that is not difficult to use. A new user can easily learn using it by using two to three times.

Nachteile: Sometimes when I log in my Skype account and made calls to several people and one issue comes up that I really do not know. I am kicked out from the meeting without any reason or any notice only i am not having that issue but it happens to my colleagues as well.
The second issue which I have to face sometimes is Skype does not go for a long time with a high quality video result. Video result is great I really do not say it is awful. I just want to highlight that it should be further improved for providing us great services of Skype.

Old fashioned software, a new concept we needed.

Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Miguel C.
Direct Taxation Professor
Anwaltskanzlei, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Skype for Business is a great tool, it is still very new (I believe the first version was launched in 2015), with a few enhancement in the Voice over Internet Protocols and Internet Speed quality optimization I believe it could become the leading software in terms of Enterprise Communication.

Vorteile: Skype for Business is not far from regular Skype in terms of it's cores functionalities, although, it offers the extra tools needed for a proper operating remote office, but it is still useful for a traditional office environment, specially if you have a big organization. It is easy and familiar to use if you were a Skype user. Some of the most important enhancements added that are not in regular Skype are: 1.- Organize a multitude of contact information of employees within the organization, making it accessible for anyone joining the company easily. 2.- Video and Audio recording: This one is very useful, specially if someone misses a meeting or if you would like to skip doing the same conference over and over again. 3.- Video and Audio calls with more than 200 people at the same time. My law firm is not that big! But I assume this can be quite useful for bigger organizations. 4.- It is fully integrated with Outlook and Outlook Calendar, this interconnection is rather useful in terms of meetings, it brings up reminders, and it also automatically changes your status to 'In a Meeting', when there is one scheduled, also blocking any annoying notifications you might have during the call. 5.- It comes in a bundle with Office 360, which comes with all the essential tools for an office oriented company running on PC platforms.

Nachteile: Skype for Bussiness is far from being bad, but I must say there are negative factors: 1.- You need a stable and fast Internet connection (It should be higher than 5 Mbps if you want to mantain a good video and audio stability, otherwise the call might freeze from time to time). Many remote office environments deal with people from different countries with diverse Internet providers that vary in quality, depending on where your employees are located might interfere in how they experience a Video Conference Call. Although, I think this can be applied to many softwares of this nature, but it needs to be pointed out. 2.- Sometimes it requires the user to constantly log in, even when they saved their credentials. Although, I believe this issue was solved in version 6.0.9319.534. 3.- It tends to consume a lot of RAM, specially when starting up, so it might crash if you have a low end PC. 4.- Notifications tends to get buggy sometimes. 5.- People in the graphics department tend to use Apple products, and as far as I am concerned there is no Skype for Bussiness for MAC or any other Apple platforms.

This is a great tool for organizational communication

Bewertet am 16.8.2018
Francisco M.
GBS Data Strategist
Automotive, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it improved a lot the way I can communicate with the business, as an individual who works with global clients where communication is critical for the business, this toll is a great solution.

Vorteile: initially its very similar to the Hotmail messenger that thousands of people are used to, its simple to use very intuitive, you can create list of contacts and groups, but also it allows you to search by name, orgchart or any other field in your active directory or ldap books.
there is a mobile version that allows you to been connected while not in your desk, and if you miss a message you receive an email indicating that you have pending communications with somebody.
there is also a functionality for creating room group chats and instant meetings.
I also use a lot the IP/Phone functionality and have call forward to my mobile in case that somebody call me when I'm not online, so I don't miss any phone call, it syncs very smooth with your mobile phone directory so also allows you to search in your contacts to place calls from your mobile phone by using you ip phone avoiding the costs of your phone company, to me this comes very handy due to the number of international calls I make, so helps me to save money in that matter.

Nachteile: sometimes when you miss a message in mobile you don't have the ability to recover the message, which its kind of annoying, I believe its glitch in the system, cause it opens the chat window but you cant see the message you received. this only occurs in the mobile version, the desktop version runs pretty smooth.

It is a tool that allows the possibility of effective communication

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Cesar C.
Docente asociado

Kommentare: The communications offered by this tool allows users to remain united to a work network that facilitates institutional interaction through video calls and chat to coordinate and implement the tasks of the organization

Vorteile: Skype for Business, allows access and communications to people who are related to work but for physical reasons are not in one place or very dynamic organizations where people have some freedom of action in their work, traveling from one place to another. Another, the interesting thing about this tool is that, because of its simplicity, it facilitates interpersonal communications, either from interest groups, from positive things, in addition to real-time video calls, documents that can be shared between users can be attached. that are part of a local network of joint work or people invited to participate in the video conferences, other of the crucial tools of this software is that video calls can be recorded, generating records of each opinion or activity made through the program, we must highlight the button of events and its versatility since it allows to create an itinerary that is visible to all aggregates that interact with a specific user.

Nachteile: The most obvious difficulties are in the manipulation of the program, usually people do not delve into the applications that this version of Skype has, since it is very much associated with the version used for social networks, the other thing is in the support stability is needed in the internet service provider so that the experience with the program is of the highest quality in terms of audio and video. It is also important to note that few use the internal mail of the program as people rely more on the visual audible and leaves in the background the tools of deeds and therefore underutilize the sending of documents, also the access through the database that the organization has in terms of institutional mails that at certain times there are limitations among other people keys that are not adhered to that kind of institutional intranet established by the program.